Interesting note about Grace of the Land

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

I don’t know if this is widely known, but I just noticed it. If you use verdant etching, the seed that spawns when you use a glyph procs Grace of the Land even when you’re not in CAF.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

I don’t know if this is widely known, but I just noticed it. If you use verdant etching, the seed that spawns when you use a glyph procs Grace of the Land even when you’re not in CAF.

Seed is a celestial avatar ability. Verdant Etching allows you to use Seed outside of celestial avatar.

Grace of Land doesn’t state that you need to be in CAF, it just says it will proc with celestial avatar abilities which as I said earlier Seed is.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Seed is a celestial avatar ability. Verdant Etching allows you to use Seed outside of celestial avatar.

Grace of Land doesn’t state that you need to be in CAF, it just says it will proc with celestial avatar abilities which as I said earlier Seed is.

Yes I know. That was the point of the op. I was just throwing it out there for others who didn’t think of it

in Ranger

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Yes I know. That was the point of the op. I was just throwing it out there for others who didn’t think of it

You sir are a ticklishly wonderful boogie woogie. And that is very nice.

in Ranger

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

Wow, thank you for telling me that, I didn’t realize the link between them.

I wish Seed of Life was casting when you start the glyphs or just faster in general, but with Glyph of Empowerment you can get 13% easily and more if you stack other glyphs + Seed of Life on you or you went in CA.

I’ve been using Longbow with it and you can pull more condition removal with the arrows.

Glyph + Seed of Life + Grace of the Land + Frost Spirit can give you huge damage boost. Not bad.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Wow, thank you for telling me that, I didn’t realize the link between them.

I wish Seed of Life was casting when you start the glyphs or just faster in general, but with Glyph of Empowerment you can get 13% easily and more if you stack other glyphs + Seed of Life on you or you went in CA.

I’ve been using Longbow with it and you can pull more condition removal with the arrows.

Glyph + Seed of Life + Grace of the Land + Frost Spirit can give you huge damage boost. Not bad.

Ye, I think it’s something valuable to keep in mind when building for pve, as it lets GotL have higher upkeep.

in Ranger

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

I’ve been running this trait combo for a little while. I’m never sure if the pay-off is worth it but I’ve spent burn phases spamming lasers on my teammates to give out as many grace of the land buffs as possible.

The trait combo is awesome for glyph of empowerment though as you can easily crush breakbars with Lunar Impact and Natural Convergence. After the bar is broken you leave CAF, Glyph of empowerment and join the burn. Still… It’s one of those things like frost spirit that is mathematically proven to be awesome but is incredibly difficult to tell the impact of during gameplay.

Anyway, a bit of mathematics to finish things up about the trait. If you’re in a party of 5 with no extra minions involved, you’ll be healing 4 targets and your pet, if you’re running beastmastery it’s not a kittenumption that they’re 30% of your damage. If you’re healing all 5 targets at once, your pet’ll be doing ~34.5% of your damage. The five players will be doing 15% extra damage. If each does 100% of the damage dealt by you and your pet the total damage you would be providing with this is 94.5% (15 * 4 + petdmg% * 1.15) of your regular damage output while also enabling crazy DPS uptime.

I think Grace of the Land Druid enabling burns, not healing during burn phases but making burn phases via raw healing, might be a decent party tactic for dungeons (like icebow or corner stacking FGS Rush, except without the exploiting). It’s worth looking into for raids as well.

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Interesting, I didn’t know that either.