Irenio's last post was 15 days ago.

in Ranger

Posted by: Hax.8701

Hax.8701

http://i.imgur.com/FZZb5js.png

His last post was about the smokescale and 21 days ago he addressed Ancestral Grace was a bug.

Ancestral Grace placing you in combat was blatantly unintended. I should have a fix in for that to go out… hopefully sometime soon.

Where are all these changes coming from and why is there no communication with the Ranger community regarding them? A bug has been ingame for 27 days, addressed 21 days ago, and hasn’t been talked about since all while these Druid changes have been going on constantly screwing everything over. Please can we get some kind of insight on what is going on?

Attachments:

[Bae] Baewatch
Hax Shot
DH

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

The name of the game around here is to leave game breaking things that hurts us in game for months, even years. Anything that benefits us gets nerfed/fixed within 24 hours. It’s always been like that, and it will continue to be like that.

It’s pretty clear Anet does not have the developer resources they should have.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

If I had to guess he can make suggestions, but he has no say in what actually is put into the game. I’ll bet he’s as annoyed as we are. And doesn’t appreciate being made the whipping boy on these forums.

If I had to guess.

Gone to Reddit.

in Ranger

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

As I said elsewhere, every time I see the “new build in 10 minutes” notice, I cringe.

Because they’re about to take something else away from us.

Headdesk

in Ranger

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

You and the entire ranger/druid community.

Gone to Reddit.

in Ranger

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

Yeah, keep ignoring your playerbase ANet, let’s see how that works out for you.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nerthus.3592

Nerthus.3592

He simply don’t care much about Rangers and thus communication with us…each class gets much more attention and bold changes, but not Rangers…look at Dragonhunters, they are much more superior than Ranger and much more interesting to play…kitten , even their skills(vfx) looks more impressive.

Nothing will change beacause Anet is satisfied with how Irenio treat Rangers.

in Ranger

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

He simply don’t care much about Rangers and thus communication with us…each class gets much more attention and bold changes, but not Rangers…look at Dragonhunters, they are much more superior than Ranger and much more interesting to play…kitten , even their skills(vfx) looks more impressive.

anyone that have been around since GW2 release and coming to ranger forums know that no dev play ranger. They all played warriors back in the glory days, they are probably playing now dragon kittens since they are OP as hell and no nerf for them. But anyway if you have been coming for some time you know the only dev that played ranger and came to the forums got fired long ago lol so…

in Ranger

Posted by: Lethal Njection.8741

Lethal Njection.8741

anyone that have been around since GW2 release and coming to ranger forums know that no dev play ranger. They all played warriors back in the glory days, they are probably playing now dragon kittens since they are OP as hell and no nerf for them. But anyway if you have been coming for some time you know the only dev that played ranger and came to the forums got fired long ago lol so…

It’s cute that you think the devs play this game

I save Ascalon against another Charr invasion, and my father trifles with doors!

in Ranger

Posted by: Bast Bow.2958

Bast Bow.2958

Pfff.. U also know what he was wearing at the time of the post?

I checked Engineer, Elementalist, Guardian and Mesmer: Except for Guardian (3 days), 3 others were also 21 days ago where a dev replied to a post. So Ranger isn’t so special and left out as you may think.

I’m still enjoying the druid, and still feel at a much better spot then pre-HoT as a Ranger. The nerfs aren’t hurting my character that bad.

in Ranger

Posted by: Leodon.1564

Leodon.1564

If I had to guess he can make suggestions, but he has no say in what actually is put into the game. I’ll bet he’s as annoyed as we are. And doesn’t appreciate being made the whipping boy on these forums.

If I had to guess.

I wish this were the case.

Unfortunately, the Ranger class got stuck with a design team that is both incompetent and disconnected from the Ranger community. Their approach to coming up with proper AF/CAF mechanics is both comical and sad at the same time. (I sometimes wonder if these guys even play video games, let alone their own game.)

I switched to Rev as my PVE main because it was my opinion that Ranger/Druid was about 6 months to a year away from being polished enough for me to play. Unfortunately, my estimate may have been too optimistic considering how bad the Ranger design team is in implementing changes. (They are just as likely to screw something up as make a good change.)

Faye Oren – Mesmer
Lee Oren – Ranger
Eve Oren – Revenant

(edited by Leodon.1564)

in Ranger

Posted by: evilunderling.9265

evilunderling.9265

Not strictly a dev, but I’m fairly sure Gaile Grey mains ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

I said it before that once the expansion released, communication would dry up, with new bugs piled onto old ones because they will be working on other stuff with the feedback window closed.

Have to wait until the next expansion to give feedback, but even then, look at how that worked with Rangers trying to address core issues while Druid was being tested. Another 3 years, boys n girls!

Or just wait until the need for another Ranger/Druid CDI – and for those that were here during the CDI – we all know how that turned out!

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

I think he might have been kidnapped by devs from the other classes who are now nerfing us to hell, FREEE IRENIO!

in Ranger

Posted by: Malpractice.7850

Malpractice.7850

Okay, its been 21 since posting to engineer, and has gotten ~10 posts there to the rangers 30 since BWE3.

Furthermore, They “Fixed gyros, Magnet, Function Gyro” was what he said, but they did none of those.

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

Probably too busy playing Tomb Raider or Fallout 4…

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

If I had to guess, and I don’t, we’re just being ignored as per usual.

Until tonight’s patch which nerfs something else.

Headdesk

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

I have been waiting deliberately for my decision to support the company with a gem purchase ever since HoT. Because I really had faith.
I mean, I really love the story or the meta events… But if the price is having my main class destroyed after being a fan of the archetype for 11 years – 50€ was not worth it.
I really believed in Irenio. But I guess this is pretty much it.

I’m curious how long will it take them to realize how many people they’ve already lost to other games. I remember WoW had a time during cata where 93% of cancelled or “suddenly” inactive accounts were all hunter mains. I’m just thinking ANet is going to compete.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: NemesiS.6749

NemesiS.6749

I have been waiting deliberately for my decision to support the company with a gem purchase ever since HoT. Because I really had faith.
I mean, I really love the story or the meta events… But if the price is having my main class destroyed after being a fan of the archetype for 11 years – 50€ was not worth it.
I really believed in Irenio. But I guess this is pretty much it.

I’m curious how long will it take them to realize how many people they’ve already lost to other games. I remember WoW had a time during cata where 93% of cancelled or “suddenly” inactive accounts were all hunter mains. I’m just thinking ANet is going to compete.

hunters started to suck in wow again? lol i played wow during burning crusade and core game where hunters were called kittens and there were like 2-3 like most that made it to 2k+ rating arena team, the class sucked. I always play bow character in games and pets, i like them but seem like they mostly lack. Then frozen throne or whatever came, i stopped playing but i heard hunters were buffed nicely, the class was better. Havent played since

I still play my ranger, i mean i do like it and is the class i know better but i feel really incapacitated if you can say it that way. Is like all of a sudden you lose your hands or legs, everything will change, the class just feel handicapped.

in Ranger

Posted by: terrorshard.3854

terrorshard.3854

I love that Ancestral Grace puts me in combat. Free Clarion Bond pet swap at the start.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

hunters started to suck in wow again? lol i played wow during burning crusade and core game where hunters were called kittens and there were like 2-3 like most that made it to 2k+ rating arena team, the class sucked. I always play bow character in games and pets, i like them but seem like they mostly lack. Then frozen throne or whatever came, i stopped playing but i heard hunters were buffed nicely, the class was better. Havent played since

I still play my ranger, i mean i do like it and is the class i know better but i feel really incapacitated if you can say it that way. Is like all of a sudden you lose your hands or legs, everything will change, the class just feel handicapped.

That was a statistic made on a random basis during … 1 or 2 months period after a big balance patch update. During Cataclysm. Hunters were bad back then, they became horrible in Cata.

After that, developers actually started listening, they implemented more than 80% of the ideas that a few of us gathered and they made Hunters viable once again. (If anyone played, the explo trap knockback, trap launcher toggle ability, glyphs to remove dots on trap and scatter shot, and I believe we proposed a few more but I don’t remember them all).

And regardless of which way I’m watching it – the history might just repeat itself. They are not trying to avoid any of the same mistakes. And I believe they make actually more of them by ignoring the solutions already given or explaining their actions.

This class now feels more than handicapped. It feels decapitated.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Nerthus.3592

Nerthus.3592

Yeah, Blizzard often listen and communicate with their customers…but Anet? Naaah…they know their job, they know how to balance, why listen to peasants?

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

I love that Ancestral Grace puts me in combat. Free Clarion Bond pet swap at the start.

why the hell would you want that for? you could just stow your pet and get a free one anyway with your first attack, this only slows you down when you don’t want to.

in Ranger

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

They likely have something planned to improve the Ranger.

Just dont want too much attention.

not to white knight this or anything, but I say lets give them a little more time, since the raids just was released.

in Ranger

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

15 days isnt bad.

Warriors havent heard from Robert since BWE2

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

15 days isnt bad.

Warriors havent heard from Robert since BWE2