Isn't 1500 a bit too high?

in Ranger

Posted by: Axelwarrior.9084

Axelwarrior.9084

Longbow already deals the most reliable damage out of all the 1200 range weapons, does it really have to be at 1500 range too?
What exactly is the reasoning behind this, besides “hurr durr rangers should have range”?

In 1v1 dueling scenarios, LB Rangers pretty much have the upper hand against every other class, except maybe SA Thief or PU Mesmer (If they manage to get close without the AA following them in stealth).

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

People still cry about this? I thought everyone moved on by now.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Yeah, Ranger Longbow is definitely OP in relation to other ranged weapons. I’m not sure if that’s intentional or not, but whatever.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

LB is OP against scrubs. LB is UP against good players.

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Longbow already deals the most reliable damage out of all the 1200 range weapons, does it really have to be at 1500 range too?
What exactly is the reasoning behind this, besides “hurr durr rangers should have range”?

In 1v1 dueling scenarios, LB Rangers pretty much have the upper hand against every other class, except maybe SA Thief or PU Mesmer (If they manage to get close without the AA following them in stealth).

No other ranged weapon is designed to be weaker while in close-medium range(perhaps mortars?). The range utility is giving the glass-cannon ranger the ability to position himself in creative positions while contributing to the fight. Distance positioning is the main defensive mechanism of the glass-cannon LB ranger. In Spvp reality, most rangers will not even enjoy the distance advantage due to the need to cap base. In WvW, the mass retaliation will punish hard any LB ranger anyway. In 1vs1 scenario its easy to close gap, in chasing scenario it got some merits same could be said for thief mobility.

in Ranger

Posted by: MattyP.6954

MattyP.6954

Yeah, Ranger Longbow is definitely OP in relation to other ranged weapons. I’m not sure if that’s intentional or not, but whatever.

Is it more powerful than other ranged weapons? Probably, though it’s easy to counter. Is it Overpowered? Probably not.

In most cases, it’s pretty silly to compare individual weapons across professions because professions aren’t balanced based on single weapons. Profession balance is based on the totality of what that profession has to offer.

Ranger has a really strong ranged dps option because it lacks in high-dps melee weapons (both of its melee options are highly defensive/mobile weapons, rather than having high dps). Warrior, as an example, has really weak ranged options when everything is considered because it has really strong melee options.

So yes, Ranger LB is probably the most powerful ranged weapon in the game for single-target DPS, but that doesn’t make it OP

Server — Fort Aspenwood
Mains — Mathias of the Wood [Ranger]; Collaborator Bluatt [Engineer]
Alts — Necromancer, Warrior, Elementalist

in Ranger

Posted by: Zera.8907

Zera.8907

LB is OP against scrubs. LB is UP against good players.

/thread. This conversation can now be closed. OP, L2P. The ones complaining are probably some salty thieves who were looking for an easy kill.

Blackgate: Zera Mithrandir- Reaper| Zera Targaryen-Mes|Zera Naharis – Ranger|

in Ranger

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

the only thing i dislike about the longbow is that #2 causes vuln and it traces, for mesmer or thief it is kinda unfair, that even tho they go stealth or dodge once it won’t really change the fact that they are more or less kittened, I’m not trying to cry whine or call bs on other ppl
I’m just saying that it shouldn’t trace through stealth and cause vuln, it’s not needed
if a ranger can stay at long range, e.g. being positioned at highground the enemy can’t get too, you’ll never loose/die, unless you are a complete noob ^^
and honestly, the argument that LB isn’t good in pvp is just silly, LB is a long range weapon, pvp is close combat mostly, it doesn’t make any sense.
As I said, don’t let the #2 skill track through stealth and/or cause vuln

PS: ready for the hate to come raging down on me for saying this xD

in Ranger

MattyP.6954

the only thing i dislike about the longbow is that #2 causes vuln and it traces, for mesmer or thief it is kinda unfair, that even tho they go stealth or dodge once it won’t really change the fact that they are more or less kittened, I’m not trying to cry whine or call bs on other ppl
I’m just saying that it shouldn’t trace through stealth and cause vuln, it’s not needed
if a ranger can stay at long range, e.g. being positioned at highground the enemy can’t get too, you’ll never loose/die, unless you are a complete noob ^^
and honestly, the argument that LB isn’t good in pvp is just silly, LB is a long range weapon, pvp is close combat mostly, it doesn’t make any sense.

I’ll trade LB2 tracking into stealth for thieves being able to backstab from stealth.

Server — Fort Aspenwood

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

the only thing i dislike about the longbow is that #2 causes vuln and it traces, for mesmer or thief it is kinda unfair

Stealth is a counter to targetting and longbow requires targetting. That’s unfair. Rapid Fire is an answer to stealth. Also, Rapid Fire was cast first, so stealth loses its ability to counter. If stealth was cast first, then Rapid Fire wouldn’t hit anything. So they counter each other.

They can still dodge. I run into Rapid Fire on my Ranger all the time and dodging once takes away the majority of the damage.

in Ranger

DHawk.2687

the only thing i dislike about the longbow is that #2 causes vuln and it traces, for mesmer or thief it is kinda unfair

Stealth is a counter to targetting and longbow requires targetting. That’s unfair. Rapid Fire is an answer to stealth. Also, Rapid Fire was cast first, so stealth loses its ability to counter. If stealth was cast first, then Rapid Fire wouldn’t hit anything. So they counter each other.

They can still dodge. I run into Rapid Fire on my Ranger all the time and dodging once takes away the majority of the damage.

i have 22k hp on my thief, if i dodge a zerk rangers rapid fire 1 I’m still below half health, since a ranger can dish out massive long range damage, more than i can with 1 single skill, it’s not fair to make it trace through stealth, since almost all of your stealth skills have a cast time, I’d have to guess when the ranger uses his rapid fire, and if I’m not mistaking it’s a very low cd as well, it’s a single 1500+ (you can go a bit further and still hit the target) skill that will trace you no matter what you do, since thieves have no block or protection stealth won’t do any good, the only way to minimize the damage is by rolling twice, no more endurance left and still took a good chunck of damage, or hoping you can shadowstep out of the range (st is 1200range) or kyte behind an object

It’s imho too stong for a single target long range skill

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

i have 22k hp on my thief, if i dodge a zerk rangers rapid fire 1 I’m still below half health, since a ranger can dish out massive long range damage, more than i can with 1 single skill, it’s not fair to make it trace through stealth, since almost all of your stealth skills have a cast time, I’d have to guess when the ranger uses his rapid fire, and if I’m not mistaking it’s a very low cd as well, it’s a single 1500+ (you can go a bit further and still hit the target) skill that will trace you no matter what you do, since thieves have no block or protection stealth won’t do any good, the only way to minimize the damage is by rolling twice, no more endurance left and still took a good chunck of damage, or hoping you can shadowstep out of the range (st is 1200range) or kyte behind an object

If you have 22k health and a rapid fire takes over half your health then several things probably happened.

One: He popped signet of the wild. Meaning you should have seen a damage spike incoming and shadowstepped out of range or preemptively stealthed till it was over.

Two: He had moderately high stacks of offensive boons. Some rangers rune self mighting setups but these are very obvious when you fight them and there damage without might is sub par.

Three: He was shooting you in the back. If he had skirmishing then he gains 10% crit chance by hitting you in the back.

Four: If he had marksmanship he had 10% damage increases if hes at full endurance. Forcing him to dodge once will cut his damage before he can burst. Going super aggressive will curb his damage multiplier.

Any two of these together can account for that damage spike. But most are either heavily telegraphed (high boon uptime/enlargement) or they have the potential of being negated (forcing him to dodge/making sure your facing him) You can identify what he has by targetting him.

(Skirmishing will show a bird on his bar (spotter), Marksmanship will show an arrow on his bar until he lands his first attack and his first hit will apply 5 vuln to you and crit. Boon builds will likely be running nature magic so if you hit him and he pops natures ward (protection and aoe weakness) you might wanna watch his fury/might counter as the fight progresses, Signet of the wild will show a symbol of a paw in a a signet on his name and the activation will increase his size)

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

DHawk.2687

If you have 22k health and a rapid fire takes over half your health then several things probably happened.

One: He popped signet of the wild. Meaning you should have seen a damage spike incoming and shadowstepped out of range or preemptively stealthed till it was over.

Two: He had moderately high stacks of offensive boons. Some rangers rune self mighting setups but these are very obvious when you fight them and there damage without might is sub par.

Three: He was shooting you in the back. If he had skirmishing then he gains 10% crit chance by hitting you in the back.

Four: If he had marksmanship he had 10% damage increases if hes at full endurance. Forcing him to dodge once will cut his damage before he can burst. Going super aggressive will curb his damage multiplier.

Any two of these together can account for that damage spike. But most are either heavily telegraphed (high boon uptime/enlargement) or they have the potential of being negated (forcing him to dodge/making sure your facing him) You can identify what he has by targetting him.

(Skirmishing will show a bird on his bar (spotter), Marksmanship will show an arrow on his bar until he lands his first attack and his first hit will apply 5 vuln to you and crit. Boon builds will likely be running nature magic so if you hit him and he pops natures ward (protection and aoe weakness) you might wanna watch his fury/might counter as the fight progresses, Signet of the wild will show a symbol of a paw in a a signet on his name and the activation will increase his size)

i know that, and as a thief you are supposed to go super aggressive against a ranger, but oh, rangers have a 6 sec invuln now in which they can still attack, hmmmm

if not for that single stupid skill i wouldn’t say anything, but that signet is just so pathetic, but since it won’t be nerfed anyway, I’d wanted to see a slight reduction to rapid fire.

I never understood why they gave an invuln to rangers, and why the hell it’s the strongest one in the game -.-

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

@DHawk. Because our competition (thieves and mesmers) always has the capability of ambushing us leading with a stun. And its not uncommon to lose the majority of our health pool in the first few attacks. That invuln can be the only chance a ranger has of recovering. As the range from the longbow is easily negated by ambush tactics.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

DHawk.2687

@DHawk. Because our competition (thieves and mesmers) always has the capability of ambushing us leading with a stun. And its not uncommon to lose the majority of our health pool in the first few attacks. That invuln can be the only chance a ranger has of recovering. As the range from the longbow is easily negated by ambush tactics.

I’d aggree pre patch, but post patch our damage isn’t as high as ppl always think
e.g. i have 2,85k power and 250% crit damage on my thief, a bs on a ranger, depending on his build will do 8-10k damage (10 only if you are very very lucky)
that is not a lot of damage considering you need to be stealthed and attack from behind (yes stealth makes it easier but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s a hard move, especially in combat)
so i can get the ranger half health to max 40%, the stun is long worn off, a smart ranger will use #4 followed by #3 then the heal and then #2
thief dead
I’m not trying to badmouth or anything like that,
and I’ve played ranger for a long time myself so i kinda sorta know what I’m talking about ^^
if you react fast enough it isn’t that hard to kill a thief, when he attacks you when your own health is at max.
or does anyone disagree?

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

For a thief to have 22k health, he would need all ascended valk armor, all exotic valk trinkets, ascended valk weapons, Plate of Lemongrass Poultry and Furious Maintenance Oil… And you wonder why you cannot beat a Ranger? How about getting some crit chance?

Anyway…

You can just easily interrupt RF with your spammable Head Shot anyway, stop complaining and swap to D/P set when a Ranger comes and you can decimate him. Not to mention Shadow Shot goes right through GS #4 and totally counters it.

in Ranger

MattyP.6954

I’d aggree pre patch, but post patch our damage isn’t as high as ppl always think
e.g. i have 2,85k power and 250% crit damage on my thief, a bs on a ranger, depending on his build will do 8-10k damage (10 only if you are very very lucky)
that is not a lot of damage considering you need to be stealthed and attack from behind (yes stealth makes it easier but it doesn’t change the fact that it’s a hard move, especially in combat)
so i can get the ranger half health to max 40%, the stun is long worn off, a smart ranger will use #4 followed by #3 then the heal and then #2
thief dead
and I’ve played ranger for a long time myself so i kinda sorta know what I’m talking about ^^
if you react fast enough it isn’t that hard to kill a thief, when he attacks you when your own health is at max.
or does anyone disagree?

It’s not an invuln. We still take Condition damage under the effects of signet of stone.

And, btw, a smart ranger would get the hell out of Longbow and switch to a melee weapon to, you know, deal with you in melee range.

Server — Fort Aspenwood

in Ranger

DHawk.2687

thief dead
or does anyone disagree?

It’s not an invuln. We still take Condition damage under the effects of signet of stone.

And, btw, a smart ranger would get the hell out of Longbow and switch to a melee weapon to, you know, deal with you in melee range.

tbh switching to a melee weapon is what i always hope for, the only thing I’m “afraid” of as thief is the range and rapid fire
that’s about it
switching to the melee to fight is a blessing, at least for me, but i play dd i don’t know about dp, should be the same tho
and well yeah, you still take condi damage, but thieves hardly ever play condi, and i they do they won’t start the fight with a backstab, meaning the whole ambush theory is irrelevant

PS nice to have a discussion without random fanboys cussing all the time crying about kitten being op

in Ranger

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

Rangers (at least with some builds) counter thiefs pretty well, at least in an 1vs1/duel. But this doesn’t make rangers op. They lack in other scenarios.

in Ranger

DHawk.2687

Rangers (at least with some builds) counter thiefs pretty well, at least in an 1vs1/duel. But this doesn’t make rangers op. They lack in other scenarios.

i never said they were op
i just wanted a small tweak to rapid fire to make it either not stack vuln or track ppl in stealth
I think ranger is in a good place atm

in Ranger

Posted by: Nachyochez.9758

Nachyochez.9758

As a mained thief and someone very much enjoying ranger atm, I might be able to shed a little light here.

The last patch hit thief hard. The lack of reliable stun/immob breaks, the low basic vit, and the changes to traited power took a LOT out of their sails. In addition, Ranger got some new toys that specifically help it to handle bursts. It’s not going to flip many games, but it does change the scope of the matchup when a Thief runs onto a ranger.

The fact it, even in full Carrion, Valk, or Cav gear thief is still glass. It relies on constant movement, stealth, and evasion tactics to be able to take players down. Getting hit, even a few times, hurts. Given how the Rapid Fire skill works, it makes it VERY potent against a thief and thus reduces the margin of error from ‘slim’ to ‘none’. You do, however, have a few options.

Using Steal with Sleight of Hand is an excellent way to handle any channeled abilities you come across. In addition, Scorpion Wire is handier than a lot of people give credit for. As Shedalang said, many of Ranger’s best burst is telegraphed once you’re used to seeing it. With every weapon set there are also a few evade tricks; if you’re using D/D pop a #3 to close some distance and evade a second round of multiple shots.

These are just off the top of my head, but I just wanted to show there are options. That said, as others are saying, Ranger is a bad match for thief. It doesn’t make Ranger OP or Thief any more than it makes Rock and Scissors OP/UP.

Skif F Galco (War) | Bas Flaith (Thf) | Rawr Doomshot (Rng) | Cheshire Glamourclaw (Mes)

in Ranger

DHawk.2687

As a mained thief and someone very much enjoying ranger atm, I might be able to shed a little light here.

The last patch hit thief hard. The lack of reliable stun/immob breaks, the low basic vit, and the changes to traited power took a LOT out of their sails. In addition, Ranger got some new toys that specifically help it to handle bursts. It’s not going to flip many games, but it does change the scope of the matchup when a Thief runs onto a ranger.

The fact it, even in full Carrion, Valk, or Cav gear thief is still glass. It relies on constant movement, stealth, and evasion tactics to be able to take players down. Getting hit, even a few times, hurts. Given how the Rapid Fire skill works, it makes it VERY potent against a thief and thus reduces the margin of error from ‘slim’ to ‘none’. You do, however, have a few options.

Using Steal with Sleight of Hand is an excellent way to handle any channeled abilities you come across. In addition, Scorpion Wire is handier than a lot of people give credit for. As Shedalang said, many of Ranger’s best burst is telegraphed once you’re used to seeing it. With every weapon set there are also a few evade tricks; if you’re using D/D pop a #3 to close some distance and evade a second round of multiple shots.

These are just off the top of my head, but I just wanted to show there are options. That said, as others are saying, Ranger is a bad match for thief. It doesn’t make Ranger OP or Thief any more than it makes Rock and Scissors OP/UP.

thanks for shedding some light

in Ranger

MattyP.6954

thief dead
or does anyone disagree?

tbh switching to a melee weapon is what i always hope for, the only thing I’m “afraid” of as thief is the range and rapid fire
that’s about it
switching to the melee to fight is a blessing, at least for me, but i play dd i don’t know about dp, should be the same tho
and well yeah, you still take condi damage, but thieves hardly ever play condi, and i they do they won’t start the fight with a backstab, meaning the whole ambush theory is irrelevant

PS nice to have a discussion without random fanboys cussing all the time crying about kitten being op

I have a pretty decent strategy for countering thief which involves first trying to get the LB4 off. If that fails (a good thief usually dodges it) and Lightning Reflexes is on CD, I switch to GS and hit 4, a successful block is a knockback/interrupt. Then GS3, Signet of Stone, GS2, Lightning Reflexes, switch to LB, etc etc.

Server — Fort Aspenwood

in Ranger

DHawk.2687

thief dead
or does anyone disagree?

that’s about it

I have a pretty decent strategy for countering thief which involves first trying to get the LB4 off. If that fails (a good thief usually dodges it) and Lightning Reflexes is on CD, I switch to GS and hit 4, a successful block is a knockback/interrupt. Then GS3, Signet of Stone, GS2, Lightning Reflexes, switch to LB, etc etc.

as i said, for me, LB is the greatest threat, not considering the trapper condi ranger BULLKITTEN ^^

in Ranger

Puck.9612

but thieves hardly ever play condi,

Hahahahahaha cool story.

in Ranger

Nachyochez.9758

For a thief to have 22k health, he would need all ascended valk armor, all exotic valk trinkets, ascended valk weapons, Plate of Lemongrass Poultry and Furious Maintenance Oil… And you wonder why you cannot beat a Ranger? How about getting some crit chance?

Sorry, had to make a note on this before anyone became confused:
Full Valk armor is actually fairly common for thieves in WvW. Much like Ranger Remorseless builds, it can achieve 100% crit w/no precision in all game modes. It has the added bonus of allowing them to handle a little of the ongoing condition damage and still maintain zerker level power/ferocity. With full Valk Armor/Weapons/Trinks, he should be sitting just shy of 21k. With any given food, WvW bonuses, Ascended Gear, runes, or combination of the above he’d be looking at close to 22k hp with 100% crit and 3500+ attack with 210% crit damage.

Skif F Galco (War) | Bas Flaith (Thf) | Rawr Doomshot (Rng) | Cheshire Glamourclaw (Mes)

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

since thieves have no block or protection

You do have Resiliance of Shadows, which gives 25% damage reduction while in stealth. It might not fit in your prefered build, but we all have to adapt to what we face.

I have to trait into Nature Magic, which is a horrible line, just to pick up the only good trait in it: Protective Ward just so thieves and mesmers can’t insta-kill me from stealth.

I’d much rather trait into another line, but Thief and Mesmer force me into it.

At least you can see a Ranger coming from a mile away, unlike a Thief or Mesmer. Sometimes you just need to run away. For a thief, sometimes you just have to stealth and leave. If you can’t handle Rangers, avoid them until you can.

in Ranger

DHawk.2687

since thieves have no block or protection

You do have Resiliance of Shadows, which gives 25% damage reduction while in stealth. It might not fit in your prefered build, but we all have to adapt to what we face.

I have to trait into Nature Magic, which is a horrible line, just to pick up the only good trait in it: Protective Ward just so thieves and mesmers can’t insta-kill me from stealth.

I’d much rather trait into another line, but Thief and Mesmer force me into it.

At least you can see a Ranger coming from a mile away, unlike a Thief or Mesmer. Sometimes you just need to run away. For a thief, sometimes you just have to stealth and leave. If you can’t handle Rangers, avoid them until you can.

yes i have it, doesn’t do that much
i can handle it, i was just porposing a balancing idea
that’s it, i can say that over and over tho xD

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Jesus christ….

in Ranger

Posted by: arenta.2953

arenta.2953

ok so anythin that shows the location of a stealthed enemy
warrior’s full auto rifle skill
ranger’s traps and LB 2 skill
engineer mines
thief trap
ele’s fire sword (tracks target if it stealths during casting)
necro marks (and staff 1 skill follows target even if they stealth. so you see where theif is running)

and alot more.

so all of that has to be removed? so thief’s spammable steath can’t be countered as they spam it so much much its more spammable than the cooldown of the track skills?

oh and guardian scepter. that thing’s slow moving shots follow enemies when they stealth.

and technically any weapon with AoE like guardian staff or greatsword that shwos damage numbers when you hit stealthed enemies (look at damage panel)

all must be removed because thiefs want spammy stealth to be godlike
-oh w8…spammable stealth already is godlike. ever tried to fight a thief spamming stealth in WvW? its next to immpossible to kill them.

Jade Quarry’s Tomoko Takei, Anabuki Tomoko, and Assassin Ahri

(edited by arenta.2953)

in Ranger

Axelwarrior.9084

It would be very helpful if the kitten Ranger mains stayed away from this thread if they have nothing useful to contribute.
“hurr durr, you’re just bad cuz we have range and you can’t deal with it” isn’t an argument nor an intelligent conclusion from reading my post.

in Ranger

DHawk.2687

engineer mines
thief trap
necro marks (and staff 1 skill follows target even if they stealth. so you see where theif is running)

and alot more.

so all of that has to be removed? so thief’s spammable steath can’t be countered as they spam it so much much its more spammable than the cooldown of the track skills?

oh and guardian scepter. that thing’s slow moving shots follow enemies when they stealth.

and technically any weapon with AoE like guardian staff or greatsword that shwos damage numbers when you hit stealthed enemies (look at damage panel)

I’ll take this as a troll or joke, because that’s exactly what it is

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

You wanna know what’s too high? The number of ranger bugs that haven’t been fixed since the patch, the number of threads we have to make to address the fact that we lost the range from all our off-hands weapon and that we still haven’t had our profession mechanic stats made baseline yet.

And not the mention the number of scrub threads like this that covers up the more important ranger issues that Anet doesn’t seem to even be aware of.

I think ranger is in a good place atm

Bugs, missing pets stats and underwhelming skills and traits like those related to spirits does not qualify as being in a good place. That means there are still several issues Anet needs to address.

But then again, you’re clueless, so why do I care.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

hurr durr, you’re just bad cuz we have range and you can’t deal with it

That is pretty much it though, eh? You have so many gap closers and interrupts, you really have no excuse for eating a channelled skill.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

It would be very helpful if the kitten Ranger mains stayed away from this thread if they have nothing useful to contribute.
“hurr durr, you’re just bad cuz we have range and you can’t deal with it” isn’t an argument nor an intelligent conclusion from reading my post.

Gee I wonder why so many rangers happen to be in this forum…..

Instead of qq’ing about something that has been discussed to death why don’t you just read through the other threads.

in Ranger

arenta.2953

engineer mines
thief trap

and alot more.

I’ll take this as a troll or joke, because that’s exactly what it is

half joke half serious

LB’s 2 skill is for countering theifs as there isn’t much else to counter them with
complaining about LB’s trace is liek complaining about all channel skills.

but that the appeal to channel skills, they keep your enemys position.

if you make it so a channel skill fails when the target dissapears for one secound, then all channel skills become useless as they are then easy to break. (and channel skills are inferior to burst skilsl as they take time to do their dmg. hence the trace is what makes up for it)

LB’s 2 skill is fine as is.
until Anet does something about the stealth spam theifs who spam stealth non stop.
(specially as stealth heals the theif, removes conditions, lets them move faster, take less dmg…….if you want OP its a set up like that. the only counter is channel skills to counter them. and ranger’s pets certainly don’t help with their “sic em” ability….pets so weak the skill is all but useless with a long cooldown to boot.

in Ranger

arenta.2953

IF you want the trace part of ranger LB 2 skill removed. then i hope you realize your changing it from a channel skill that takes time to do its dmg. to a single hit burst skill(like theif is filled with)
so i hope your ready for a single 4-8k dmg hit. rather than numerous weak hits that give you time to negate the dmg by dodging or hiding behind an object.

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

You whole argument is based upon you letting the ranger have an upperhand by approaching the fight like a sodding idiot.

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

Its the ranger forums man…your gonna attract mroe ranger mains than anything else here.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Nachyochez.9758

Guys, Axel’s post requesting “rangers stay away” wasn’t askign rangers to stay away, but rather that those with nothing to contribute beyond “l2p teef n00b” reservce their comments so the thread can stay constructive.

While a discussion on who is the true bottom of the barrel can be a bit of a grating subject for both classes, constructive feedback should always be the focus of a post.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Guys, Axel’s post requesting “rangers stay away” wasn’t askign rangers to stay away, but rather that those with nothing to contribute beyond “l2p teef n00b” reservce their comments so the thread can stay constructive.

While a discussion on who is the true bottom of the barrel can be a bit of a grating subject for both classes, constructive feedback should always be the focus of a post.

There is nothing left to say that hasn’t already been said a thousand times before. This isn’t just a L2P issue, it’s a learn to read issue as well.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarision.6347

Sarision.6347

Hey I don’t mind sacrificing longbow to make our “defensive” melee options more offensive…

in Ranger

arenta.2953

yeah

lets switch the LB 2 skill from a channel skill that takes time to do its dmg and “traces” enemies.
into a skill that just does all the dmg at once! like theif skills!

then we can ask theifs what they prefer. a skill that takes time to do dmg and “traces” them.

or alpha dmg skill like all theif skills!

then maybe we will have less theives complaining about a skill that takes 4 secoudns to do all its dmg……
4 secounds…..vs 1 secound for the same ammount of dmg for a thief.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nibcakelol.9082

Nibcakelol.9082

Hmm, isn’t that the point of a ranger…RANGE…R

I’ll trade my RF with your Hundred Blades any day of the week.

L2P Sonnn.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

@OP: It is probably not the best way to measure your understanding of the game, but your name in combination with your claim made me laugh. You are not the first one who complains about the range of the LB and you probably, and sadly, wont be the last one. Yet, here we are and the LB still has his 1500 range. The fact that especially the ranged weapons of the Ranger don’t see much love in any gametype should be evidence enough that the LB is not overpowered.

in Ranger

Posted by: singinggecko.5736

singinggecko.5736

Ok thread started conplaints about 1500 range. I’d trade it in a heartbeat to be better in close range personally. 1500 range is only useful if the enemy stays at 1500 range lol sounds almost too simple. That advantage especially against a thief shouldn’t take but a second or two to close into where both can hit with their skills.
Then it moved over to rapid fire. Well it’s the only burst lb has. Ever see anyone even mention the damage from hunter’s shot, PBS, or barrage in terms of a pvp setting? The first two are utility and the third is the only aoe. If rapid fire took a hit, what’s left to try to kill anyone on a lb?
Lastly, (this is the part I refrained from saying for a bit so I could be somewhat constructive) you sound like you’re running glassy on your thief with those numbers. How does that give an accurate measure of how strong a skill is? Is it fair to balance damage against what we assume is a valk thief setup? Assuming you do, if you run glass then you have to be willing to die to things that feel cheesy because of the lack of defenses.

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

Hmm, isn’t that the point of a ranger…RANGE…R

I’ll trade my RF with your Hundred Blades any day of the week.

L2P Sonnn.

Ranger means ranger, aka wanderer or rover. The whole misconception that it derives from ranged combat is just that.. a misconception.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

IF you want the trace part of ranger LB 2 skill removed. then i hope you realize your changing it from a channel skill that takes time to do its dmg. to a single hit burst skill(like theif is filled with)
so i hope your ready for a single 4-8k dmg hit. rather than numerous weak hits that give you time to negate the dmg by dodging or hiding behind an object.

Oooh, this is SOO tempting! I’d trade the current channeling skill for a single shot with the same total damage any day. Problem solved, thieves? It wouldn’t be able to track you guys through stealth at least!

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Axelwarrior.9084

Time to reply to more idiots.

Gee I wonder why so many rangers happen to be in this forum…..

Instead of qq’ing about something that has been discussed to death why don’t you just read through the other threads.

I didn’t ask Rangers in general to keep away. I’m a Ranger too. I check the first page, there were no threads, I made one. Problem?

You whole argument is based upon you letting the ranger have an upperhand by approaching the fight like a sodding idiot.

Not all duels start with a surprise attack. I’m specifically talking about planned ones where both players are aware of each other beforehand.

@OP: It is probably not the best way to measure your understanding of the game, but your name in combination with your claim made me laugh. You are not the first one who complains about the range of the LB and you probably, and sadly, wont be the last one. Yet, here we are and the LB still has his 1500 range. The fact that especially the ranged weapons of the Ranger don’t see much love in any gametype should be evidence enough that the LB is not overpowered.

You’re basing things about me based on my username? How old are you? LB is so useless in PvP yet pretty much every power Ranger ever uses it, huh?

Ok thread started conplaints about 1500 range. I’d trade it in a heartbeat to be better in close range personally. 1500 range is only useful if the enemy stays at 1500 range lol sounds almost too simple. That advantage especially against a thief shouldn’t take but a second or two to close into where both can hit with their skills.
Then it moved over to rapid fire. Well it’s the only burst lb has. Ever see anyone even mention the damage from hunter’s shot, PBS, or barrage in terms of a pvp setting? The first two are utility and the third is the only aoe. If rapid fire took a hit, what’s left to try to kill anyone on a lb?
Lastly, (this is the part I refrained from saying for a bit so I could be somewhat constructive) you sound like you’re running glassy on your thief with those numbers. How does that give an accurate measure of how strong a skill is? Is it fair to balance damage against what we assume is a valk thief setup? Assuming you do, if you run glass then you have to be willing to die to things that feel cheesy because of the lack of defenses.

I never even mentioned using Thief. What are you even talking about?
The problem with the 1500 range is that everyone who plays glassy simply won’t have enough time to close in to the Ranger 2 times (2, because he will most likely knock you back, fear you, evade backwards, taunt you away and/or knock you down the first time you get close) before the Ranger has already taken a big chunk of their HP. If the range was 1200 (or at least closer to it), then everyone could at least fight back with ranged weapons while they were closing in on the Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Yes longbow is so OP I went full Rampager gear and am using it as condi weapon now. It’s still op as I can still hit people from a little farther away who don’t know how to gap close and don’t have condi cleanse!

If only anet had made its base range 2k then I could just solo zergs from tower walls and even take out enemy trebs before it even got a shot off!