Juvenile Fire Wyvern[Feedback]

in Ranger

Posted by: Triss.3801

Triss.3801

This thread is to convey feedback on the state of the Juvenile Fire Wyvern.

The release of HoT introduced numerous pets that addressed several core issues that the ranger lacked in terms of overall gameplay as well as complemented an array of its existing skills.

The F2 abilitiy of the Smokescale adds a tremendous amount of pressure which if used with existing utilities adds a far greater damage potential.
The Bristleback does extreme ranged damage and support with its 6000 damage spike barrage on a 15 sec cooldown, 12 if traited.
The Tiger does reliable, quick and substantial damage on the shortest cooldown among all of the ranger pets while granting fury.
The Juvenile Electric Wyvern offers the most crowd control with four individual interrupts if combo-ed correctly

All four of the five pets introduced in HoT have vast capabilities and damage pressure, wherein lies the problem. The Juvenile Fire Wyvern pales in comparison. With its 500 meager fire ticks and short lived fire field the Juvenile Fire Wyvern’s F2 ability simply does not add enough pressure or damage in combat situations.

Even in condition damage builds where a ranger’s pet is integral to its personal dps the Juvenile Fire Wyvern fails to add substantial contributing damage. Most enemies/players simply tank the shot lived and weak fire damage unphased.

I will make it clear that I do not think the pet is bad in design, but simply undertuned. The base fire damage of “Consuming Flame” could be increased, or the duration increased or both; all of those would be viable options.

As a faithful ranger player I believe that as a profession mechanic the ranger’s pet and more specifically it’s pet choice is integral to its play style and dps.
My hope is that developers note this issue and address it by making the The Juvenile Fire Wyverns F2 ability more “impactful” and thus become a viable choice for pet selection.

Feel free to comment of this thread and convey you personal feedback. Hopefully with enough attention we can red tag this thread.

“If you hear my arrow whistle, it’s too late.”

(edited by Triss.3801)

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Please watch the videos in this thread. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/This-are-ranger-pets-PETS-TEST-2

Both Wyverns cannot hit moving targets at all and are one of the worst at it. Fire wyvern’s F2 covers red circles of death. The Bristleback cannot hit any target on even a slightly different vertical plane than it.

ANet still has a lot of work to do with these and other pets.

in Ranger

Posted by: vespers.1759

vespers.1759

Isn’t the tiger actually a 10s CD?

Anet where is 24h tiger bug fix? Why is smokescale only loved pet?

Bristleback can’t hit anything? Let’s fix the HP bug instead.

(edited by vespers.1759)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Heim pretty much summed up everything pointed out by the community after the reveal during TwitchCon and experience during BWE3. The developers must have some wierd [and terrible] balancing philosophy when it comes to pets.

I think what disappointed me the most was our Electric Wyvern doesn’t get the laser beam mouth of death, nor does his charge leave behind multiple lightning AOEs that pulse like the open-world version does.

The Fire Wyvern is just as half-kittened, with no fireball spit that sets foes on fire or the AOE Fire on its F2 does not include a blind as with the open-world counterparts. We received the weakest, stripped down versions, and with all the drawbacks for the Wyverns.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

It’s kinda weird because I feel like the smokscale was added because someone realized pets can’t hit human targets, and then you get things like the bristleback and wyverns that can’t hit stationary golems….

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

It’s kinda weird because I feel like the smokscale was added because someone realized pets can’t hit human targets, and then you get things like the bristleback and wyverns that can’t hit stationary golems….

IKR, its just crazy, did they not test these things? And if they did, do they think it is acceptable or just not care?

in Ranger

Posted by: Purecura.1795

Purecura.1795

Please watch the videos in this thread. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/This-are-ranger-pets-PETS-TEST-2

Both Wyverns cannot hit moving targets at all and are one of the worst at it. Fire wyvern’s F2 covers red circles of death. The Bristleback cannot hit any target on even a slightly different vertical plane than it.

This

Lv.80 Chronomancer (Mesmerist Palamecia)
Lv.80 Scrapper (Alchemist Persenia)
Lv.80 Druid (Mender Zalintyre)

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

I would like it if the Fire Wyvern’s F2 had the same effect as the NPC Wyverns in Verdant Brink or where ever else they’re found. Pulsing burns/blinds. If you stand in the field you get burns stacked on you (highest I’ve gotten on me from the NPC creatures has been 6) and lengthy blinds.

It would still be easy for players to avoid but much more dangerous to get caught in.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

I’m surprised everytime I see someone actually using one of the wyverns.

They can’t hit unless the foes are stunned for days. Maybe Anet was going for some druid synergy.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tere.4759

Tere.4759

The wyvern I just picked up, provides me with needed tanking, so I’m good with that (probably not it’s intended purpose but if it works, it works). My parrot from my privateer runes though seems to do more damage (yes, I said it. It’s the only way I can enjoy my ranger now and they’re pretty kitten ed good.)

Anyway, I thought both of the new pets need to be worked on. I use all the pets as diversionary tactics. Then again, I think the druid staff really stinks so I’d say that is more important. Those attacks are pitiful.

Guild Leader of The Black Court, we’re small, friendly and active.

in Ranger

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

Issue:
- buffet should track target and lock once it starts casting the first windblow damage
- F2 skill should be casted on center of the target, if there is no target, it should cast it on current location
- F2 skill is taking to long, casting time should be reduced for 50%, pet flying away and casting that area of burning takes to long
- pet auto attacks are DISASTER.

Feedback score: 1/5 will never take it over already existing pets.
why only 1/5?

• 1/1 point for concept
  • 0/4 points for realisation.
Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

This. Double.

“Observe, learn and counter.”