Leaked notes fake after all?

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

Some of you had the composure to not freak out and consider these might actually be fake, it would seem strange for arenanet not to say so though but going through them again I have to say it seems outlandish for it to be real, not the ranger ones actually I have no trouble believing that could happen however the thief ones go through them one by one and ask yourself if this could actually be correct?

There’s large number of buffs that to me look pretty strong and a few nerfs that seem mostly tiny.

Am I totally wrong on that, what do you think?

Thief

Lotus Strike: Poison duration increased form 2s to 4s.
Shadow Trap: Increased recharge to 45 seconds.
Destroy Shadow Trap: This ability now teleports the thief back to the trap location when it is destroyed. Added range skill facts. This skill now breaks stuns.
Shadow Pursuit: This ability now grants fury and 10 stacks of might for 5 seconds along with stealth when used to teleport to the enemy who triggered Shadow Trap. This ability now breaks stuns.
Death Blossom: Now costs 4 initiative.
Body Shot: Aftercast reduced by .4s. Decreased Vuln duratrion to 3s. Increaased to 10 stacks fo Vuln.
Pistol Whip: Decreased the time between the sstun and the sword flurry.
Scorpion Wire: Decreased aftercast by .2 seconds. Reduced cooldown to 20s.
Signet of Malice: Increased the base heal by 33% of the passive ability.
Steal: Recharge reduced to 35.
Cluster Bomb range set to 900 from 1200.
Larcenous Strike: Initiative cost increased to 2.
Nine tail strike: 3 initiative to 5
Shadow assault: 5 initiative to 7
The ripper: 5 seconds of bleed – > 7 s of bleed
Deadly Strike: Weakness duration 4s – 5 s, damage increased from 1 to 1.2
Skale Venom: Replaced Weakness with Torment.
Dancing Dagger: Reduced initiative cost to 3.
Shadow Return (infiltrator strike toggle): This skill is no longer a stun breaker.
Withdraw: Travel distance cut in half underwater to match the land distance.
Deadly Strike: Reduced weakness duration to 3 seconds.
Crippling Strike: This ability no long applies weakness.
Rusty Scrap Strike: Reduced weakness duration to 8 seconds.
Throw Scale: Reduced weakness duration to 6 seconds.

Acrobatics
Assassin’s Retreat: This trait now grants 10 seconds of swiftness when you kill a foe. This effect has a 5 second internal cooldown.
Pain Response: This cooldown of this effect has been reduced from 45 seconds to 30.
Hard to Catch: The cooldown of this effect has been reduced from 60 seconds to 30.

Critical Strikes
Furious Retaliation: This trait now grants 10 seconds of fury when striking a target that is below 50% health. This effect can only occur once every 30 seconds.
Signets of Power: This 5 stacks of might that this trait grants has been increased to 10 seconds.

Deadly Arts
Corrosive Traps. This trait now 5 stacks of vulnerability for 8 seconds, up from 5.
Sundering strikes: Vulnerability caused by this trait has been increased from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.
Panic Strike: This trait’s cooldown has been reduced from 60 seconds to 30.
Lotus Poison: Increased weakness duration to 4 seconds, but it can only apply once every 20 seconds per target.

Shadow Arts
Last Refuge: The cooldown of this trait has been reduced from 90 seconds to 60.
Slowed Pulse: The effect of this trait now occurs if you have 2 or more stacks of bleeding.
Shadow Protector: This trait has been changed to apply 10 seconds of regeneration when you stealth them. This effect will not occur if the ally already has regeneration on them.

Trickery
Merciful Ambush: This trait now grants 2 seconds of stealth to you and your ally when beginning a revive.
Long Reach: This trait now increases the range of Steal to 1500, up from 1200.
Ricochet: The chance to bounce for this trait has been increased from 25% to 50%.
Sleight of Hand: In addition to dazing your target, this trait now reduces the recharge of Steal by an additional 20%.
Instinctual Response: This trait now properly blinds enemies struck by the feathers. Increased radius from 120 to 180.

(edited by Manekk.6981)

in Ranger

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

So you want to discuss thief traits, to see if they might be fake, in order to conclude that the ranger traits might be false as well?

What possible insight could this bring?

Just checking if I get the motives for your post correct.

My answer: they might be true, they might not be true, some might be true.
Yes, the thief changes seem odd and overdoing it. No, this doesn’t say anything about the leaked ranger changes.

Bottom line: patch notes will be out in a few days.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

(edited by Kimbald.2697)

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

So you want to discuss thief traits, to see if they might be fake, in order to conclude that the ranger traits might be false as well?

Yes, the thief changes seem odd and overdoing it. No, this doesn’t say anything about the leaked ranger changes.

The motive is as stated to figure out if they are real because the large number of buffs here in the thief notes made me wonder if that could actually be accurate.

It might be that these notes are real and all considered but only some of these will make it through next week also, that seems not totally unlikely to me.

in Ranger

Posted by: Oakshar.6279

Oakshar.6279

I hope the ‘leaked’ notes are fake. The reduction of range from 1200 to 900 is just too much to handle…
There is a chance ANet decided to leak it out to get feedback from players though, fellow players please voice out your views towards this or any improvements you would like to see.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puru.4217

Puru.4217

Thieves notes are more huge nerfs which will result in pigeon holing the class into using D/P more than anything else. The buff are useless in most case with some few exceptions being the trickery tree + steal, panic strike and the shadow trap.

It’s not my fault if S/P is not popular !!!

in Ranger

Kimbald.2697

The motive is as stated to figure out if they are real because the large number of buffs here in the thief notes made me wonder if that could actually be accurate.

It might be that these notes are real and all considered but only some of these will make it through next week also, that seems not totally unlikely to me.

you can’t figure out if they are real, not by any method.
The fact that you consider the thief changes so very unlikely does not say anything about the leaked notes being real or not.
It might simply say something about your view on the thief profession…

Even if these leaked notes were true at some point, things can already be changed a bit.
They might also be incomplete and not include other nerfs or buffs.

I still do not see how discussing thief changes is a good way to conclude if the total notes are possible or not.
It’s not that the thief changes are so incredibly over the top that they just have to be a joke. At worst they are changes that you consider unlikely because you see them as buffs to a profession you already consider too strong.
I don’t like these thief changes to be honest, but do I think they are so extreme that the notes just have to be false?
Nope… they could be true, despite my opinion of them.

These thief changes ‘might’ be true even if you or me consider them too extreme.
This immediately removes all possibility to conclude that the leaked patch notes are true or false.

Patch is in a few days, that’s the only way to know if these changes were real, and if they were complete, and if they remained unchanged since that point.

Not trying to be a jerk here, just pointing out that your intention isn’t a reliable way to check if the leaked notes are real, or even could be real.

(edited by Kimbald.2697)

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

Thieves notes are more huge nerfs which will result in pigeon holing the class into using D/P more than anything else. The buff are useless in most case with some few exceptions being the trickery tree + steal, panic strike and the shadow trap.

How are you seeing “huge nerfs” in there? did I miss something it’s pretty much buffs across the board not all as good as the other of course but that is always the case.

in Ranger

Kimbald.2697

How are you seeing “huge nerfs” in there? did I miss something it’s pretty much buffs across the board not all as good as the other of course but that is always the case.

this is my point by the way: when looking at the thief changes he sees nerfs, you see buffs… this means that the thief changes are not so blatantly unlikely that the whole leaked notes must be false!

Not to interfere with you two discussing the thief changes, but when your goal is to determine if the ranger changes are false, based on these thief changes… I’m afraid it is pointless.

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

you can’t figure out if they are real, not by any method.
The fact that you consider the thief changes so very unlikely does not say anything about the leaked notes being real or not.
It might simply say something about your view on the thief profession…

Even if these leaked notes were true at some point, things can already be changed a bit.
They might also be incomplete and not include other nerfs or buffs.

I still do not see how discussing thief changes is a good way to conclude if the total notes are possible or not.
It’s not that the thief changes are so incredibly over the top that they just have to be a joke. At worst they are changes that you consider unlikely because you see them as buffs to a profession you already consider too strong.
I don’t like these thief changes to be honest, but do I think they are so extreme that the notes just have to be false?
Nope… they could be true, despite my opinion of them.

These thief changes ‘might’ be true even if you or me consider them too extreme.
This immediately removes all possibility to conclude that the leaked patch notes are true or false.

Patch is in a few days, that’s the only way to know if these changes were real, and if they were complete, and if they remained unchanged since that point.

Not trying to be a jerk here, just pointing out that your intention isn’t a reliable way to check if the leaked notes are real, or even could be real.

Don’t you think I know how unreliable it is? short of an official statement from arenanet everything would be, but this is a forum for discussion so I’m asking peoples opinion and this is a good example (thief notes) because as you say I feel the thief class to be too strong in certain areas and it makes it hard for me to believe they would recieve so many buffs in one swoop but many others know the class better than I do and might disagree if so I’d like to hear why.

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

this is my point by the way: when looking at the thief changes he sees nerfs, you see buffs… this means that the thief changes are not so blatantly unlikely that the whole leaked notes must be false!

Not to interfere with you two discussing the thief changes, but when your goal is to determine if the ranger changes are false, based on these thief changes… I’m afraid it is pointless.

Well you’re clearly not interested in the discussion so just leave us to want it alone then.

in Ranger

Posted by: ProxyDamage.9826

ProxyDamage.9826

Well you’re clearly not interested in the discussion so just leave us to want it alone then.

I’m afraid he’s right though. Discussing whether the patch notes might be true, based on thief changes, on the ranger forums is arbitrary and pointless.

Notes might be true, might not. Until the official notes get posted, we won’t know. As is, they seem legit, including the thief changes. Most classes get interesting changes, even if I don’t necessarily agree with them. It’s just rangers that get kittened over, and over and over, for absolutely no legitimate reason I can discern.

The way I see it I think this is some internal changelog that got leaked accidentally (remember Valve’s Meet the Spy?). May or may not be the final version. Then again it could be a complete fabrication. We’ll find out in a few days.

in Ranger

Kimbald.2697

Look at your title again please.

I am hodling the discussion of the title.
I am saying your method to come to that conclusion is wrong.

So yes, I am interested in the discussion of the title question, and my contribution, in several posts, is that you have a flawed way of deducting this.

I don’t want to do this in a hostile way, I simply don’t agree with your method.
Nothing more and nothing less.
No need to let things get ugly over disagreeing.

If you want to discuss thief changes, feel free.
if you want to discuss ranger changes, or possible changes: feel free and I might join in there.

You wrote a topic about how the leaked notes could be false, and I’m discussing this. I see no reason to leave the discussion you started, when I am indeed discussing the very topic you put out here.

(edited by Kimbald.2697)

in Ranger

Kimbald.2697

Don’t you think I know how unreliable it is? short of an official statement from arenanet everything would be, but this is a forum for discussion so I’m asking peoples opinion and this is a good example (thief notes) because as you say I feel the thief class to be too strong in certain areas and it makes it hard for me to believe they would recieve so many buffs in one swoop but many others know the class better than I do and might disagree if so I’d like to hear why.

I agree very much that a simple statement could take away all the doubt and confusion, but I think they are between a rock and a hard place here:

if they say they are true, than they admitted to the leak AND they released patch notes too early and and have a discussion at hand before their normal release moment.

If they come out and say the leaked notes are false, they better BE all false or people will call them liars.
Not to mention they will have officially caved in to forum complaints based on third party rumours…

So while I agree, I fully understand why they keep quiet till patch day.

Small suggestion: they could solve most of this in an unofficial way, like doing an imprompt State of the Game interview or something.

I can’t believe all the leaked notes either, but that doesn’t mean they won’t be true
Engineers get a trait that gives extra damage for each condition on the target… not sure if you play an engineer, but conditions are their strongest build!
Only saving grace there is that a standard HGH grenade build has 30/0/0/30/0 at least and the new trait isn’t in those 30 lines. But people will abuse that trait nonetheless.
None grenade HGH builds will abuse that new trait like there is no tomorrow.

(edited by Kimbald.2697)

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

The problem is that it is entirely believable that Anet would give Thief about 50 buffs whereas they would nerf the weakest class in the game to the ground.

We have all seen previous patch notes that actually made it into the game, we all know Anet has no idea how to balance and doesn’t give a kitten about balancing when it comes to PvE and only slightly cares when it comes to WvWvW.

So yes I believe these are real, in fact the only reason I have a slight doubt is because they are finally bug fixing the Longbow auto attack.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

@Levetty in greater range I believe that there are fake – but still some of changes in theese would be great (but in this version their cost is too much)

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

ANET wins either way. If they leaked it, they are getting valuable feedback. Win. If they didn’t leak it, they are geting valuable PR and an excited community roaring to log in this week.

It is in their benefit to not talk.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

Look at your title again please.

Yes it ends with a questionmark for a reason.

I am hodling the discussion of the title.
I am saying your method to come to that conclusion is wrong.

It’s not a conclusion it’s an open question.

So yes, I am interested in the discussion of the title question, and my contribution, in several posts, is that you have a flawed way of deducting this.

Precisely you said it in several posts once was enough, you’re basically saying you don’t agree with my reasoning so we should stop talking because you said so that’s why I thought you might better leave if it didn’t interest you.

As for if it is flawed to reach a definite conclusion with this? yeah it is and you can’t, I already said so and I don’t want to do it again, it’s just talking that’s what happens on forums.

I don’t want to do this in a hostile way, I simply don’t agree with your method.
Nothing more and nothing less.
No need to let things get ugly over disagreeing.

Why would it get ugly? I meerly said you might aswell leave if you didn’t see the point in the discussion it’s not as if i told you to F*** off or anything.

If you want to discuss thief changes, feel free.
if you want to discuss ranger changes, or possible changes: feel free and I might join in there.

Sure why not.

You wrote a topic about how the leaked notes could be false, and I’m discussing this. I see no reason to leave the discussion you started, when I am indeed discussing the very topic you put out here.

No you aren’t you’ve just stated that a definite conclusion can’t be reached with it to wich I agreed, then you said it was pointless and a definite conclusion can’t be reached… you’re saying the same thing that is not interesting and why I asked you to leave if you had no intent of anything else.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Aside from maybe Lotus Strike and Pistol Whip, the majority of the thief notes are either inconsequential or nerfs.

Particularly, the two biggest nerfs are the Cluster Bomb being reduced to 900 range, and Larcenous Strike getting its initiative cost increased, meaning its harder to spam their sword/dagger evasion set.

Overall, not a single thief “change” affects or adds anything to their current meta builds in a substantial way, except by maybe making pistol whip a bit more viable again.

So that actually makes the notes more believable for me.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Excalibur.9748

Excalibur.9748

Thief got pigeon holed into perma stealth.

All is vain.

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

Aside from maybe Lotus Strike and Pistol Whip, the majority of the thief notes are either inconsequential or nerfs.

Particularly, the two biggest nerfs are the Cluster Bomb being reduced to 900 range, and Larcenous Strike getting its initiative cost increased, meaning its harder to spam their sword/dagger evasion set.

Overall, not a single thief “change” affects or adds anything to their current meta builds in a substantial way, except by maybe making pistol whip a bit more viable again.

You might be right I never played thief beyond a few casual alts that’s why I made this thread so I could hear from you guys that did more with the class, they are getting alot of pretty substantial buffs though if these are correct there’s no doubt about it, that said they might not be obtainable in current popular builds anyway.

Also you could flip it and say the most of the few nerfs (by comparison to buffs) they get are tiny and inconsequential.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

You might be right I never played thief beyond a few casual alts that’s why I made this thread so I could hear from you guys that did more with the class, they are getting alot of pretty substantial buffs though if these are correct there’s no doubt about it, that said they might not be obtainable in current popular builds anyway.

Also you could flip it and say the most of the few nerfs (by comparison to buffs) they get are tiny and inconsequential.

True, but at the same time, it takes the updated set given to them last patch (sword/dagger) and nerfs the thing that made it viable. Shadow Trap might be taken over their utility shadowstep stun breaker now, but they have literally the same function.
I mean, they did add to a few of the condition options, but it isn’t enough to make those options more viable than a power set.

As Excalibur said, it really kind of pigeonholes thieves even farther into a d/p stealth set.

2 days though, just 2 days lol.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

If it were fake, Arenanet should been shared a statement about it.
They keep quiet, so they’re searching for the reddit spy (propably an asuran one)

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

They keep quiet, so they’re searching for the reddit spy (propably an asuran one)

Lol probably an asura theif. But, in all seriousness, don’t you think it’s better for anet to say nothing?

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

Why is this NOT in the thief section ? I seriously don’t think talking about theif traits have any relevance to a ranger. Move the topic plz ~

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

No, its not. They must take over controll after a little while. 1-2 day is enough to have an intel about the customer’s opinion, so they can get a little free information. Not like they don’t know how kitten ed off we rangers are…yarr!!

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

Why is this NOT in the thief section ? I seriously don’t think talking about theif traits have any relevance to a ranger. Move the topic plz ~

It’s just cause I never post anywhere but the ranger section here, and although I am purely speculating I have the feeling the replies in theif forum would be that all nerfs are ginormous and there are no buffs to be seen here :P

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

Lol probably an asura theif. But, in all seriousness, don’t you think it’s better for anet to say nothing?

Well if they are entirely fake there’s no reason (I can think of) for them to not state that, if they are true they won’t say so because then that means they can still revert every change in these notes and claim they where false or simply not accurate this alone kinda says alot honestly, it’s just that some changes are hard to believe.

in Ranger

Posted by: Coltz.5617

Coltz.5617

It’s just cause I never post anywhere but the ranger section here, and although I am purely speculating I have the feeling the replies in theif forum would be that all nerfs are ginormous and there are no buffs to be seen here :P

HM, well I got pages of moderator warnings and complains when I post looking for the right target audience instead of posting where the moderators THINK the topic should be. SO I don’t know ~

- I infract cause I’m passionate about the game-
“ALL IS VAIN”
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/gf-left-me-coz-of-ladderboar/page/6#post3486969

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

HM, well I got pages of moderator warnings and complains when I post looking for the right target audience instead of posting where the moderators THINK the topic should be. SO I don’t know ~

Well technically it’s not exclusively about thief patch notes they were just the example I choose because I’ve seen so many claim they are fake and this was the first time I actually considered it myself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lothorien.8720

Lothorien.8720

Well, I don’t know if the leaked notes are fake, but I found this: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Torment

Lothorien
Emhry Bay Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Doug.9628

Doug.9628

they announced what torment did before those leaked notes came out

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Some of you had the composure to not freak out and consider these might actually be fake, it would seem strange for arenanet not to say so though but going through them again I have to say it seems outlandish for it to be real

Why’d you even make this thread???
Your pure speculation is worse than anything in these notes.

Whenever there’s a hoax or scams, Anet always alerts the public immediatley. They always did on the Wiki & Guru anyway back when that was our primary links with them.

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

Some of you had the composure to not freak out and consider these might actually be fake, it would seem strange for arenanet not to say so though but going through them again I have to say it seems outlandish for it to be real

Why’d you even make this thread???
Your pure speculation is worse than anything in these notes.

Whenever there’s a hoax or scams, Anet always alerts the public immediatley. They always did on the Wiki & Guru anyway back when that was our primary links with them.

Why’d you come in here and post at all? you bring nothing to the discussion congrats for having the most useless post in the thread.

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I repeat:

How is that useless info when compared to your pure speculation thread?
You’re not even supposed to be MAKING wild speculation threads here.
Read the gods kitten ed TOS next time plz

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

I repeat:

How is that useless info when compared to your pure speculation thread?
You’re not even supposed to be MAKING wild speculation threads here.
Read the gods kitten ed TOS next time plz

This is basically what I already said so why’d you come here again, just to try and insult me? I can do without that thanks, it’s just a discussion based on what several others have already said and if you can’t join it in a respectful way I suggest you don’t.