Longbow Ranger WvW Videos

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

Hey guys,

Would anyone happen to have any videos of your rangers using longbow in WvW? I’m looking for roaming/dueling videos, but I also love watching full zerk ranger hit 5k from afar with the auto attack. If you do, post here please!

Your friendly neighborhood ranger,
S H A D O W F A L L

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

I’ve been running full zerker ranger recently, and yesterday I did run Lonbow with 6/6/x specifically. I could hit people for 3k with 2700 power, but never saw 5k. Maybe with air and fire sigils together you can hit for 5k. Or with moment of clarity.

See below the outcome of fights depending on your opponent:
- bad players you will wreck in 5 secods.
- mediocre players will be able to beat if they do not run an optimized build.
- good players will be able to close the gap, know what to dodge, when to block. Wolf fear will be inefficient against them as it will rarely hit, and squishies will have escapes you cannot prevent.

This is a solo perspective. If you have even 1 more player with you who knows what he’s doing, you will perform much better. Zerker longbow ranger is just not a roaming build…. yet.

You can gradually change your zerker pieces to pvt or knights gear and will be a bit more survivable, but your damage will be reduced so far that you will be able to annoy the kitten out of people if you play really good and can stay alive long enough…. and they will run away and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

well, I already run a zerk lb build in wvw, as well as a power lb build, both work fine for me. i’m a low rank in wvw cuz I spvp too much lol, and only 50 in spvp cuz I duel too much… regardless, when I see ppl hitting for 5k, its with full bloodlust stacks, guard stacks, etc. etc. also, its not like min/maxing either. ranger runes when hitting from behind already grants a 17% increase in damage, combined from opening strike, u get 22% increase, eagle eye brings it to 27%, and so on.

without guard stacks, I was able to hit a 5k long range shot on a warrior, and a 8k on a thief the other day, i was using force and rage at the time, but ive hit even higher using fire and air (6-9k)

also, I consider myself pretty good with ranger as ive been playing since release and all I do is pretty much pvp (not fighting noobs either), but I can give u a few builds that are fun to mess around with, I find that even if u are fighting experienced players, if u know what u are doing on zerk, they’ll still melt. a good combo is muddy terrain into point blank shot if u feel they are closing the distance too fast.

(edited by shadowpass.4236)

in Ranger

Posted by: Sarlack.4096

Sarlack.4096

I used to be a pure Archer Ranger, see Sig.

Since changed but I was doing it when it was considered not viable. (2013)

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

I run 30/30/0/10/0 when in my full ascended zerker with all power infusions and scholar runes. With stacks and food, I get around 3200-3300 power. From my experience, ever since the ferocity nerf, you won’t be seeing 5k (raw, without air/fire) hits anymore unless you’re hitting an upscaled or pure zerker. I used to signet and 1 shot people with my autoattack on the longbow lol, but that doesn’t work very well anymore.

I suggest switching to a norn if you haven’t already done so. Bearform gives a full zerker ranger around 3500 armor and 45k hp if you’re in stick situations, the #5 skill has a 3000-3500 range to run away from fights. Pop signets before transforming and you can consistently 1-shot medium/light classes.

(Erro was the one that suggested bearform for ranger quite a while back)

Edit: Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Bearform #5 can potentially 1 low hp classes even if they have up to around 2800-3000 armor. Did some testing today xD

(edited by kiwituatara.6053)

in Ranger

Posted by: nagymbear.5280

nagymbear.5280

I’m glad you have success with your lb ranger. I’ve been running into warriors and thieves all day long and 0 kittens were given about my damage. Warrior uses block and just walks up, thief has many ways of teleporting to you too. And everyone who thinks PBS and Rapid fire will kill a decent thief will have a very rude awakening coming. I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not the best pvper around, but I would say I’m not the worst either. I’ve dusted off my PVT armor, kept my zerker trinkets and ran sword/wh, gs instead Today with martial mastery and two-handed mastery. Didn’t play it extensively but it looked like fun. Was pretty survivable, and as expected had lame damage.

Khert Devileyes – Ranger / Mano Negra – Thief / Nagymbear – Warrior /
Elona Bonechill – Necro / Fionna Gymirdottier – Guard /// RoF

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

Hey guys,

Would anyone happen to have any videos of your rangers using longbow in WvW? I’m looking for roaming/dueling videos, but I also love watching full zerk ranger hit 5k from afar with the auto attack. If you do, post here please!

S H A D O W F A L L

I’ll make a double bow roaming video in the next couple of days for you. I’ll even throw in a bear or two…

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

in Ranger

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Zerker longbow/greatsword

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

every kill done with rampage as one active with burst zerker set up.
not the best of choices for a WvW build might be better off with a bit more vit and thoughness aiming for 22k hp is a safe zone , i’ve been on fsp since i started playing gw2 and i do see a lack of active ranger play but its on the up , i’d gladly help anyone trying to improve there ranger game that doesn’t involve a full zerker set up keep that stuff in pve generaly its not effective if your targets able to run away or simply kites to avoid arrows.

and also not the best choice of pet ether , if you had a snowleapord and opened with it you would of hit more targets with more accuracy those 2-3secs of chill cna land you two more 3k shots.
i do have a twitch account/ live stream that is Avliable to guild members and i’m think of inviting those that are truly willing to learn to play ranger out of a Bezerker Spec for WvW its much more effective to know what skills to use rather than to stack tons of power/crit.
if you wish to watch send me a message on here i’ll set up a live stream date and message you back what day.
this goes for all of the ranger commiunty weather you just want to watch to learn some new skills or tips or even just get a feel of how i do things on my ranger more the welcome

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

link ur twitch/live stream, when I can’t play, its always nice watching someone else. btw, non-berserker spec is fine, I play power myself, but if u play regen ranger then…. ehhh its like the definition of cheese imo for ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Lace.9472

Lace.9472

shadowpass – got any SB roam builds?

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Hey guys,

S H A D O W F A L L

I can’t find any decent builds any longer.

And no I won’t do a sword – I flip off buildings far too easily during WvW captures.

Any thief killing build would be nice.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Posted by: FrouFrou.4958

FrouFrou.4958

Hey guys,

S H A D O W F A L L

I’ll make a double bow roaming video in the next couple of days for you. I’ll even throw in a bear or two…

Please, anything else but the bears! We will get nerfed if Anet sees that video!

Froudactyl // Herp Derp Druid // Judge Legends [JDGE] // Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: Mice.8921

Mice.8921

The passed couple of days I’ve started running 6/0/2/6/0 with a mixture of zerkers/knights/and a couple of pieces of soldiers (which I’m slowly replacing with knights)…. superior rune of lyssa, and heal as one, lightening reflexes, muddy terrain, and food that lets me remove a condi on heal, means I can succesfully run with my guardian friend 2vX… we’ve won several 2v3 and 2v4, and even when we do lose the fight, we last quite a long time….

This isn’t optimal by any means, but I’ve found this build has good synergy without losing all dmg (as I said, only a couple of days, once I get good, I may start uploading videos on my youtube channel/twitch)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fNAQNAT8YjUq0xaLLGsQ1agAha9AEAbdrSw9TkDhdKjqCtxA-TlTAwAaOIAJVi85IA8T1CwKNycBAm8AA2qMi4+DAMBtTFljqBwSHzFlgECA7YA-w

in Ranger

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

wow, just what i expected to see in posted Videos
Pro ranger wreck glascannons and uplevel wvw Player from far behind. Less 1v1 and more “dude stop Shooting me, i just want my iron ore”. Most foes had no interest in fighting and were just kiting or they were in fight with others and they just start Shooting from behind.
but gg, be proud to hunt happy ore farmers down

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!