MDG needs more thought.

MDG needs more thought.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…Take 20% less damage below 50% health and gain 1 stack of might every second.

This would be a counter to the Bolt to the Heart/Executioner/Close to Death/Swift Termination traits which is good.

I think instead of the might, it would be better as a % damage increase though.

So, “You take 20% less damage while under 50% health. You deal 20% more damage while under 50% health.” That would be a pretty good trait then and have decent synergy with the other 50% health triggers.

MDG needs more thought.

in Ranger

Posted by: scerevisiae.1972

scerevisiae.1972

Agree it’s a terrible trait.

The other terrible trait is poison master, not because it’s a terrible trait by itself, it’s that it’s nestled in between 2 mandatory condi removal traits.

Oh and traps were kinda gutted…

downed state is bad for PVP

(edited by scerevisiae.1972)

MDG needs more thought.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

…Take 20% less damage below 50% health and gain 1 stack of might every second.

This would be a counter to the Bolt to the Heart/Executioner/Close to Death/Swift Termination traits which is good.

I think instead of the might, it would be better as a % damage increase though.

So, “You take 20% less damage while under 50% health. You deal 20% more damage while under 50% health.” That would be a pretty good trait then and have decent synergy with the other 50% health triggers.

Or take 20% less damage under 50% health and aoe pulse X seconds of fury every X seconds (keep it low, something like 1-3 seconds every 1-3 seconds). Decent little party buff and good synergy with remorseless.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

MDG needs more thought.

in Ranger

Posted by: singinggecko.5736

singinggecko.5736

Although I really like pulsing fury for remorseless reasons, don’t we already have pretty easy access to fury and the potential for either 100% aoe fury or close to it? That extra fury wouldn’t really do much for non-marksmanship builds would it?

MDG needs more thought.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Although I really like pulsing fury for remorseless reasons, don’t we already have pretty easy access to fury and the potential for either 100% aoe fury or close to it? That extra fury wouldn’t really do much for non-marksmanship builds would it?

100% fury uptime is easy for us to maintain but remorseless benefits from the reapplication of it, not just keeping it up. Plus this has the added bonus of benefiting allies, and freeing up rangers from relying on survival skills and traits to help reapply fury (even though condi removal still relies heavily on them). And I’d argue 20% aoe fury that can’t really be stripped will benefit just about every build.

MDG needs more thought.

in Ranger

Posted by: singinggecko.5736

singinggecko.5736

Yea I guess the aoe and not being able to strip it is nice. It would make 3 rangers with it together a hilarious sight. On a side note, I’ve wondered why our spirit that pulses that 1 stack of might for 1 sec every 3 isn’t pulsing fury. There could be potential synergy there and something that isn’t useless like a fleeting might stack for the trade off of a gm trait.

MDG needs more thought.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

That would be nice, Ranger becoming stronger when working together with other Rangers…

If Frost Spirit pulsed Fury, we would have excellent vulnerability generation in Dungeons at least, but Reaper and Rev/Shiro are better than us at that now too.

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

MDG needs more thought.

in Ranger

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

Pretty similar to your number 4 suggestion but

MDG: While in combat, you and your pet gain 3-4 stacks of might for 8secs every 10seconds. +20% Might Duration for you and your pet.

Didnt know how many stacks to put on it, since it requires just slotting it to use, maybe 3 would be better.

MDG needs more thought.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Another suggestion…

MDG; “While your health is below 50%, you gain 2s of the Berserk effect and 2s of Fury every second. If your health drops below 25%, you cast Signet of Stone. 80s CD.” This trait is affected by Brutish Seals.

I thought that a tell for if the Ranger has this trait would be good, if it was decently powered. The berserk effect is already coded and has an icon, combined with remorseless it is a big damage increase, the SoS is there to save you from bursts. So at least being a visible effect means it is more counterable by kiting etc.

MDG needs more thought.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Another suggestion…

MDG; “While your health is below 50%, you gain 2s of the Berserk effect and 2s of Fury every second. If your health drops below 25%, you cast Signet of Stone. 80s CD.” This trait is affected by Brutish Seals.

I thought that a tell for if the Ranger has this trait would be good, if it was decently powered. The berserk effect is already coded and has an icon, combined with remorseless it is a big damage increase, the SoS is there to save you from bursts. So at least being a visible effect means it is more counterable by kiting etc.

Now that is something I would consider taking over quickdraw

MDG needs more thought.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Yeah, I would take it over QD in PvP everytime.

MDG needs more thought.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Man, this topic keeps being bumped. Anyone think this will addressed? I might be getting a bit optimistic. >_>

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

MDG needs more thought.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

All we can do is hope.

MDG needs more thought.

in Ranger

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

Meanwhile even the joke that is Revenant gets better self might generating traits.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

MDG needs more thought.

in Ranger

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

You know what else needs more thought?
Ranger in general

MDG needs more thought.

in Ranger

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

Yeah, I don’t really use MDG as it is now. It looked good on paper but in practice it doesn’t work. This thread has several great ideas to bring it up to par though.

I hope it get’s looked at. It’s a cool concept.

MDG needs more thought.

in Ranger

Posted by: wolfyrik.2017

wolfyrik.2017

Isn’t this trait just the same as the crappy old necro GM minor trait Siphoned Power? Gain might (1 stack) when hit while under 25% health.
It’s kind just been lumped on ranger instead, a hand-me-down failure of a trait which was already shown to be worthless over several years of necro play. Except it’s been slightly buffed, then renerfed to be just as worthless.

(edited by wolfyrik.2017)

MDG needs more thought.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Skills and traits that work against you while you are using MDG. They gain while you lose.

Elementalist
Bolt to the Heart – +20% more damage.

Warrior
Signet Mastery – Unblockable for 6s every 20s.
Heightened Focus – 4s Quickness every 15s
Arcing Slice – 50% more damage on attack.
Arcing Sear – 75% more damage on attack.
Final Thrust – 100% more damage on attack.

Necro
Chill of Death – Cast Spinal Shivers every 20s. Removes 3 boons.
Siphoned Power – Gain 2 might for 10s, 1s ICD.
Close to Death – +20% more damage
Deathly Chill – Chill deals additional damage.

Thief
Panic Strike – Immobilises, 20s ICD.
Exectutioner – +20% more damage.

Revenant
Swift Termination – +20% more damage.

I’m sure there are more skills that do, but didn’t look though every one, see any missing?

So, in order to gain 8 might Rangers need to risk all this? Most Dangerous Game indeed.

Edit: What about something that addresses the lack of group support, assisting them to help you when you are below 50% as well as directly benefiting the Ranger? The Most Dangerous Game is then to attack the Ranger when he is with his allies…? Or there is a real benefit for the group if the Ranger stays below 50% if he can. Like this…

Attachments:

MDG needs more thought.

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Actually slotted MDG for an hour while roaming in WvW. How the hell did the devs think this trait is overpowered back in the specialization stream???!!! Takes 9 kitteng seconds to get up to 9 stacks of might.

MDG needs more thought.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

The only way and place I can see it being semi useful is in a build like this, while roaming WvW. You know you are going to be under 50% health, but you need to build specifically around being there and staying there, but also having enough of a buffer so as to not just get instagibbed 50-0. Bad design really. You don’t want to have to make an entire set of armor and weapons and traits around using a single GM trait that is very difficult to gain full benefit from.

MDG needs more thought.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582