[Merged] New Patch: Big shortbow downgrade.

in Ranger

Posted by: Alur.7510

Alur.7510

We have spirits that are not near usable, pets that aggroes everything and collapses everything and non responding, ur dps was suffering already, and you needed to do this.
Seriously pop quickening zephyr now, see shortbow shooting, ????, profit.

I feel like leveling another class now, this is just absurd.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sticktallic.7835

Sticktallic.7835

omg i cant believe this nerf the bleed dont stack as they used to, the damage overall isnt the same it takes more time to kill stuff the difference is quite noticeable i really hope arenanet do something about this.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ditton.3149

Ditton.3149

I think the error is that we were doing that kind of damage in the first place, Warriors will get theirs..the only thing keeping them from the nerf bat imo is that they are indeed using other weapons and builds..its easy to see from the gripes on here that most Rangers were using short bow and it was not the only viable weapon, its just the only one that did what damage you think is right, well guess what..I think its loud and clear that isnt the damage they want the class doing and they want all weapon choices to be viable.

in Ranger

Posted by: Linik.6014

Linik.6014

Delay between attacks doesn’t seem reduced by QZ. So 0.04 still stays 0.04 that’s why QZ feels this way. Since I mostly use traps and often weapon switches I dont suffer that much from this addition. In total it’s about 3-5% dmg loss with all usable utilities and other ranger weapon skills.

Wanderers Corp [Winc] – Aurora Glade

in Ranger

Posted by: kiranslee.4829

kiranslee.4829

In compare to guardian or war, ranger is a joke. I play all 3, and really even before this my ranger was a joke and now its just silly :P. I guess ill keep it , for the looks.

in Ranger

Posted by: chasingfuries.9635

chasingfuries.9635

interestingly though, lb 2 appears to go way way faster now in qz, the way sb1 was.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zsymon.8457

Zsymon.8457

No Linik, the damage reduction on crossfire direct damage is about 35%.. not 3%. For condition builds the downgrade is about 15%, for power builds the downgrade is over 35%. This can’t be intended though, since the patch notes didn’t say anything about a downgrade, it just mentioned a fix to an animation problem.

(edited by Zsymon.8457)

in Ranger

Posted by: Zsymon.8457

Zsymon.8457

I think the error is that we were doing that kind of damage in the first place, Warriors will get theirs..the only thing keeping them from the nerf bat imo is that they are indeed using other weapons and builds..its easy to see from the gripes on here that most Rangers were using short bow and it was not the only viable weapon, its just the only one that did what damage you think is right, well guess what..I think its loud and clear that isnt the damage they want the class doing and they want all weapon choices to be viable.

The other weapons aren’t unviable because the shortbow is so strong, they are unviable because they are simply so weak that they cannot be used for anything. The shortbow before this patch really wasn’t doing too much damage, not anywhere near too much.. the longbow and greatsword and axe simply do really, really bad damage.

Even if they would let this broken shortbow remain as it is, it would still be far better than the other weapons. It would be useless yes, but still far better, since the others are beyond useless in pvp and higher level content. Even in heavily downleveled content with exotic gear, the longbow will still take ages killing trash beasts, even if you use rapid fire + QZ.. it’s just incredibly weak.. and then the moment your enemy is closer than 1000 range, you stop doing damage alltogether.

(edited by Zsymon.8457)

in Ranger

Posted by: Lorien.9107

Lorien.9107

Instead of getting better it gets worse with the ranger class.

I do mainly PVP so i will switch to a warrior and play him like a better ranger.

Maybe they do realize the issue with the ranger class in a few months and fix it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Linik.6014

Linik.6014

Zsymon.8457
No Linik, the damage reduction on crossfire direct damage is about 35%.. not 3%. For condition builds the downgrade is about 15%, for power builds the downgrade is over 35%. This can’t be intended though, since the patch notes didn’t say anything about a downgrade, it just mentioned a fix to an animation problem.
(edited October 08, 2012 09:20 by Zsymon.8457)

I didn’t mean that Crossfire dmg was reduced by 3-5%. I told that I suffer 3-5% with my utilites and 2nd weapon set because of Crossfire. Yes, this skill is not as great as it was but such small dmg loss wont affect my gameplay greatly since I dont concentrate on spamming crossfire.

Wanderers Corp [Winc] – Aurora Glade

in Ranger

Ditton.3149

I play a SB ranger with GS as well, I can kill trash in Orr just fine, Im not a glass cannon though. Ive used sword, axe and torch, and Ive Pvped with them all and done as well as my skill level with them all..Im not an elite PvPer, Im above average, nowhere near the best. I do think Rangers need help, I dont think SB is the only viable weapon, I think its the only thing we had that kept up with Thief Sword/pistol..which btw got nerfed too..and Mesmer Phantasms….which btw got nerfed..or burning/symbol GS Guardian..which btw got nerfed..oh wow look…LOTS OF classes got nerfed, not just us.

in Ranger

Ditton.3149

Everyone talked about how awesome the class was in BWE and it got nerfed pre live release because of it..GS damage was brought down, spirits were reduced in HP, Longbow damage brought down and a bit more..

in Ranger

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

OMG, Anet please fix this. I NEVER noticed any problems with animation.

Shortbow is my favorite Ranger weapon and was the first to upgrade and the one I spent the most on when I reached lvl 80. Exotic with +Power/Precision and my build also depends on stuff proccing during crits. So if the firing rate diminished, so does the frequency of my crit and the damage/heal procs.

Why did I spend so much? Because the lower quality weapons do squat damage on an already underpowered weapon (compared to other classes).

Now if the reports of as much as 30% nerf are true, this has got to be a really massive screwup by the devs. 40ms doesn’t sound like much so they probably didn’t bother to properly test the effects of their nerf.

Please please fix it.

in Ranger

NinjaKnight.1340

I play a SB ranger with GS as well, I can kill trash in Orr just fine, Im not a glass cannon though. Ive used sword, axe and torch, and Ive Pvped with them all and done as well as my skill level with them all..Im not an elite PvPer, Im above average, nowhere near the best. I do think Rangers need help, I dont think SB is the only viable weapon, I think its the only thing we had that kept up with Thief Sword/pistol..which btw got nerfed too..and Mesmer Phantasms….which btw got nerfed..or burning/symbol GS Guardian..which btw got nerfed..oh wow look…LOTS OF classes got nerfed, not just us.

If they truly meant to Nerf SB then come out and say it, not pretend it was an animation fix, which didn’t need to be fixed in my opinion. I didn’t even notice there was a problem.

As it is Rangers are one of the least competitive in PvP, having massively nerfed GS after beta.

in Ranger

NinjaKnight.1340

What SB glitch? Never noticed it ever.

Please fix. SB is my fav Ranger weapon and the “unintended” nerf is massive on an already underpowered class.

If you want to fix a glitch fix the Pet glitches first.

in Ranger

Posted by: kiranslee.4829

kiranslee.4829

Cmn guys ranger is “4 the lolz” class here. First clue was short/long bow legendary appearance.
I have two chars atm on 80 full geared. One is war pow/prec/tough and other is power/crit ranger. I may be worng or noob or w/e but my war is 10x better in pve and wvw then my ranger. Not just that, i even noticed that playing my guardian lvl 35 is far more easy in wvw then playing my ranger.

I honestly cant believe that someone actually wish to ruin ranger as class , but i have no other explanation to what is going on.
I just feel sad coz i really like my ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Beecheese.4930

Beecheese.4930

Do not play ranger anymore untill they give a huge buff. Worst hunter, ranger class ever seen, weakest, lowest dps, useless pet, million bugs over everything. Fail design on pvp.

in Ranger

NinjaKnight.1340

BTW, guys, please don’t forget to post about this in the Ranger BUG thread at the top of this. It has to be a bug since the patch was supposed to be cosmetic fix not a damage nerf.

in Ranger

Posted by: Parvati.5780

Parvati.5780

And another ranger weapon bites the dust. Looks like I’ll be doing melee when playing alone and only using shortbow when in a dungeon. I get more DPS and speed out of my blade-dagger combo now.

I wonder what the next patch notes will say? hm… “Ranger maximum health reduced by 60% to fix an animation issue.”

Whoever is managing the ranger side of things must really hate rangers, because all i see is nerf after nerf and no fixes to obvious things like pet AI.

(edited by Parvati.5780)

in Ranger

Posted by: Kubi.2316

Kubi.2316

My guardian is a kitten when it comes to range… so I roll a ranger… now that he is 40 we get this…. WHY?!

I liked the short bow because of the feel, I like fast weapons. I cannot stand slow weapons.

in Ranger

Posted by: xLiveLucidx.5071

xLiveLucidx.5071

Longbow – Auto attack too slow, Barrage doesn’t put out enough damage
Greatsword – Damage reduced, skill 4 could be better
Shortbow – GREAT BEFORE PATCH….now…slower damage output, less bleed stack potential.

I’ve found that shortbow is the best single-target killer in both pve and pvp, and unfortunately may be the only viable player killer in pvp. The majority of the Ranger community has called for many skill/utility changes and buffs, but not many, if any have called for nerfs.
It seems the general consensus is that this nerf was unintended; if that’s true, please either fix what you did to the shortbow in the Oct. 7 patch. If this was intended (we aren’t sure why it would be) perhaps you could take away the position constraints on stacking bleeds so that the Ranger can get one step closer to being on-par with the Rifle Warrior

(edited by xLiveLucidx.5071)

in Ranger

NinjaKnight.1340

My guardian is a kitten when it comes to range… so I roll a ranger… now that he is 40 we get this…. WHY?!

I liked the short bow because of the feel, I like fast weapons. I cannot stand slow weapons.

I really think this was a BIG mistake by the dev team. I’m pretty sure if they realized that under certain builds the damage nerf would be so huge they wouldn’t have implemented it OR they would have said it was a nerf not an “animation” fix.

So guys keep posting and reporting it as a bug and it might get some attention.

in Ranger

Posted by: MeTx.6712

MeTx.6712

I can’t tell if this is a giant joke thread or if people actually think Sbow is bad =.=

Ranger: My Main Man Ray

in Ranger

Posted by: theeagleeye.7693

theeagleeye.7693

Two things. I hate it when people call this class a ranged class. First of all a ranger is not someone who’s primary purpose is to shoot a bow or a gun. That would be a archer or a marksman.

Well gosh darn it. That makes perfect sense! I feel so stupid to think that a Ranger is a ranged class! :O !!!!!!! I mean, it’s almost taboo that you can find the word “range” in Ranger. How dare they give us that false impression!!

/s

So many First World Pains, so little time. _

Some must fight, so that all may be free!

Fort Aspenwood

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I wish I had just rolled as an Engineer at release.

What a disappointment this game has been.

in Ranger

Posted by: OctopusX.7185

OctopusX.7185

Used to be a burst combo, now it’s like.. meh. Good job ArenaNet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwp882-e4nc

in Ranger

Posted by: Psychrome.9281

Psychrome.9281

just got done testing the change out in sPVP nothing to see here it is slower but it is not much different than before, still kill the same as i did before and i still am able to do the same things i was able to before, i guess if all i did was crossfire spam then maybe…just maybe it would affect me but since i dont then it is not that big of a deal.

in Ranger

Posted by: Psychrome.9281

Psychrome.9281

Cross fire is now strictly worse than Warrior Rifle Auto Attack
Theirs fires slightly slower, does more damage
They apply a 6 second bleed with no positional requirements
Rangers apply a 3 second bleed WITH a positional requirement.

Good Game.

btw aside from the bleed difference has there been any parser or way to prove your statement? id like to see the actual numbers behind this

in Ranger

NinjaKnight.1340

just got done testing the change out in sPVP nothing to see here it is slower but it is not much different than before, still kill the same as i did before and i still am able to do the same things i was able to before, i guess if all i did was crossfire spam then maybe…just maybe it would affect me but since i dont then it is not that big of a deal.

Ranger is not a decent sPvP or WvW class. If you can even kill anyone in sPvP with a Ranger SB they must suck.

Ranger is good for beginner casual PvE, relaxing. But now they have made it even worse with this bug.

in Ranger

Posted by: Arintal.8792

Arintal.8792

Guess stop playing or go lvl warrior.

in Ranger

Posted by: BAMBOO.9430

BAMBOO.9430

Shortbow – GREAT BEFORE PATCH….now…useless

Please either fix what you did to the shortbow in the Oct. 7 patch or take away the position constraints on stacking bleeds.

Barrage damage is fine. Its a burst…not a consistent stream of crossfire. Adapt the the range restrictions of the longbow and you’ll see it perform better.

Great sword damage is nerfed from it’s early beta weekend kingdom of ownage, but it still has a place and can perform well if you build for it. A large part of the problem here is, when you build for it to get really good damage, you end up with about the survivability of a signets warrior only without hundred blades or spin to win to help you escape. This can be covered somewhat if you pair it with our own signets build, but it has it’s limitations (I leveled and pvp’d this way all the way to 80/20).

Axe is a mess of “OK and could be better”. All in my opinion of course.

That all said, I agree that the LB-1 is slow/low dps outside of the miracle max range crit that pierces 5 people. It crits nice…but even low level wvw elementalists will live through it more often then not(quickened barrage is a very different story). I also agree, GS-4 is very lack luster. I understand it’s there for utility…but the best I’ve managed with it is a lucky thief punt away from the catapult. I would like to see it reworked into a more blade-deflection(shield-block) like ability that last 3-5 seconds while deflecting attacks(reflects projectiles traited maybe?) and then does the kick punt every time on the second push. I believe engineers already have this, but in AoE.

Heh, wishful thinking…

in Ranger

Posted by: War Siren.2346

War Siren.2346

Eh all this has really done is got me playing with more weapons and builds. It sucks but who knows what we’ll find.. (and before anyone goes I tried everything, stop think you may not be the best theorycrafter out there and someone better than you may find something better. There is always someone better.) So let’s get tinkering and let’s try to find more than one weapon to crutch onto this time, so it won’t be as bad when this happens again.

Guess I’m more optimistic than most of you. shrug

in Ranger

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I haven’t played yet but I’ve been reading all the comments.

I almost cried a little watching your video. If they have the intention to give 2-5 more damage (or increase all damage on the longbow) then I would be okay with this change.

However as of right now, I plan to focus on my ele and thief, leaving my ranger on the backburner.

RIP in peace Robert

in Ranger

Posted by: Vince.7291

Vince.7291

Rangers really needed a buff, after being ignored in so many patches.

I play as a pure glass cannon, and my damage is pathetic compared to other classes, and now you nerf the shortbow, the only decent ranger weapon?!?

This was a very bad move, and should be fixed asap, because you are punishing rangers for nothing.

Or maybe you are trying to eliminate the profession completely,well in that case you’re on the right track…

Right now all my GW2 love has transformed in a bitter taste, and i think i should reevaluate my options….

in Ranger

Posted by: Wulfrim.4793

Wulfrim.4793

Have you tried reading any other classes’ forums? Every single person (including mesmers, warriors and guardians) think their class is the most underpowered terrible damage dealer in the game. You just need to get out of the EQ mentality. There is no DPS, there is no tank, there is no healer. There are classes. Each class is capable of doing everything, but not one particular thing. Ranger is fine. The SB debuff could have been unintentional and the Dev team is currently looking into it, as they have stated. Before complaining I recommend reading other posts.

Kara Bune – Elementalist 80 – Tarnished Coast
Katniss Shade – Necromancer 80 – sPvp rank – 29
Emma Wolfsbane – Thief 80 – Looking for Guild

in Ranger

Vince.7291

Have you tried reading any other classes’ forums? Every single person (including mesmers, warriors and guardians) think their class is the most underpowered terrible damage dealer in the game. You just need to get out of the EQ mentality. There is no DPS, there is no tank, there is no healer. There are classes. Each class is capable of doing everything, but not one particular thing. Ranger is fine. The SB debuff could have been unintentional and the Dev team is currently looking into it, as they have stated. Before complaining I recommend reading other posts.

What i do know is that my only viable options for my Ranger is to go glass cannon, if i actually want to kill anyone in wvwvw, and also another thing i do know is the only viable weapons for the rangers are shortbow / longbow, the other are absolutely crap.

And also i do know that while it takes me a LOT of time to kill a player in wvwvw (impossible to kill thieves btw, they just vanish and run away…), a thief, or warrior absolutely destroy me when the second i fail kiting them.

So please don’t tell me that every profession feels under powered, because that is bullcrap!

in Ranger

Wulfrim.4793

If I had to guess your lack of performance in the pvp world is more because of lack of skill than a underpowered class. Take the next twenty minutes. Read over the other forums, learn from the classes what you can and react apropriately, also take notice how everyone thinks they are underpowered. Don’t give me the “Well if xx does this how are you suppose to react” because on paper everything looks amazing and acting like ranger doesn’t have any good abilities is just plain ignorant. Stop assuming the class is broken and start assuming your skill is lacking. It will get you much further. Or just take option B, quit the game, stop trolling the forums and rid us of your negativity.

Edit: Also I recommend watching youtube videos on more skilled rangers and how they don’t take forever to take down a class and CAN kill thieves.

in Ranger

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

i agree with vince,

among all the glass cannon-build professions,

glass-cannon rangers are the most pathetic compared to glass cannon thiefs and warriors,

in Ranger

Posted by: deepwinter.9015

deepwinter.9015

I thought this, too. In fact I came here with the hope that this was true. Its not. The Ranger is the most horribly broken class in this game – from their pets not able to attack and move at the same time to their rooting chain of their sword to their underwhelming ranged capability. Warriors and thieves are able to out damage a ranger at range and destroy them in melee.

With such reliance on their damage coming from their buggy and lightweight pets, the Ranger is the worst profession in the game. Take your mesmer whining elsewhere.

Azhandris – Sylvari Thief
Tarnished Coast

in Ranger

Wulfrim.4793

I thought this, too. In fact I came here with the hope that this was true. Its not. The Ranger is the most horribly broken class in this game – from their pets not able to attack and move at the same time to their rooting chain of their sword to their underwhelming ranged capability. Warriors and thieves are able to out damage a ranger at range and destroy them in melee.

With such reliance on their damage coming from their buggy and lightweight pets, the Ranger is the worst profession in the game. Take your mesmer whining elsewhere.

Have you tried Engineer? Half their kits are considered ‘useless’ They have even more inferior damage at range than a mesmer. They are pidgeonholed into a single build using grenades or are useless. I bet a scepter guardian can out damage them in ranged combat. Their bombs require enemies to stand still and they aren’t allowed to use weapon swapping sigils.
Have you tried elementalist? Their good ranged aoe skills have longer cast times than anything. Their res ability has a 3 second cast and only works on downed players. They have horrible elites, horrible damage.
Have you tried necromancer? They apply conditions slower than ranger and are suppose to be the condition kings. They remove conditions slower than guardian and mesmer. They have no good aoe damage abilities. Their fear is shorter than a ranger’s pet.
Have you tried guardian? Their ranged damage is lacking to be polite. They only have 18k HP at best. Glass cannon builds make them die very fast due to their innate low health. Their retaliation debuff they just recieved shuts down several builds.

Hey look at that. I just made a whole bunch of classes sound really bad.

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I wish people would stop acting like we were using Shortbow because it was so powerful when the only reason we were using shortbow is because the other weapons were so weak.

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

[quote=376068;Vince.7291
What i do know is that my only viable options for my Ranger is to go glass cannon, if i actually want to kill anyone in wvwvw, and also another thing i do know is the only viable weapons for the rangers are shortbow / longbow, the other are absolutely crap.

And also i do know that while it takes me a LOT of time to kill a player in wvwvw (impossible to kill thieves btw, they just vanish and run away…), a thief, or warrior absolutely destroy me when the second i fail kiting them.

So please don’t tell me that every profession feels under powered, because that is bullcrap![/quote]

So you melee classes kill you if you (in your words) fail at kiting. Sounds about right for every ranged class ever. And LB & SB are the only viable weapons? I guess you’re only talking about WvW huh? Cuz most of the other weapons are completely viable in PvE and dungeons.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Ranger

Vince.7291

If I had to guess your lack of performance in the pvp world is more because of lack of skill than a underpowered class. Take the next twenty minutes. Read over the other forums, learn from the classes what you can and react apropriately, also take notice how everyone thinks they are underpowered. Don’t give me the “Well if xx does this how are you suppose to react” because on paper everything looks amazing and acting like ranger doesn’t have any good abilities is just plain ignorant. Stop assuming the class is broken and start assuming your skill is lacking. It will get you much further. Or just take option B, quit the game, stop trolling the forums and rid us of your negativity.

Edit: Also I recommend watching youtube videos on more skilled rangers and how they don’t take forever to take down a class and CAN kill thieves.

This is quite funny. I could have bet that you will give me the classic L2P answer…

Well you see, i am not under performing, on the contrary i do quite well overall as long as i manage to keep myself out of focus.

I also watched a lot of videos and have the best possible glass cannon build atm…

My problem is that while the Longbow does it job well at range (except we have only 1 aoe on it…), the shortbow was the only other choice for up close combat….
There is no other option, can you understand that?? And our only option got nerfed…

When i see the thief and warrior monstrous dps it makes me feel… so… weak…
In a direct 1vs1 fight i have 0 chance of winning, unless he really doesn’t know what he’s doing….

Anyway, I guess it’s too much to ask a you to understand this, so please go play your mesmer and let us rangers feel disappointed….

Btw i am not trolling, this was my first post on these forums. If they would have left the ranger as he was i wouldn’t have said anything, but this was too much for me….

in Ranger

Posted by: Opt.3714

Opt.3714

So it now takes 7 seconds to down a Risen Abomination with autoattacks—while standing still—and people are upset? That still seems like excellent damage output to me. Am I missing something?

http://opt.red/about Twitter: http://twitter.com/Opt__
Co-Leader, I Can Outtweet A Centaur! [TWIT] #twitguild
IGN: Optimus Maleficus

in Ranger

Posted by: Beecheese.4930

Beecheese.4930

They nerf a class because they have tech problem on it. Why doest just remove it so you do not have to worry about it at all?

in Ranger

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

yea, it’s def slower. It’s really noticeable during QZ…used to be a machine gun now…it’s just not. I’m using LB now.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Ranger

Vince.7291

So you melee classes kill you if you (in your words) fail at kiting. Sounds about right for every ranged class ever. And LB & SB are the only viable weapons? I guess you’re only talking about WvW huh? Cuz most of the other weapons are completely viable in PvE and dungeons. [/quote]

If i am taken by surprise in wvwvw, what do you suggest that i do? Running is futile most of times, so the only option is kitting, and guess what that fails most of the times, when against an opponent that knows his stuff….

Yeah and i don’t care about Dungeons and PVE….

Edit: I don’t think you understood what i meant… I never melee lol… I kite and try to run away if my damage only scratches them…..

in Ranger

Posted by: OctopusX.7185

OctopusX.7185

You can do this every 44s or so, when QZ recharges. Also you need to take into account that I am a glass cannon, full crit damage / crit rate build.
Look at a warrior or a mesmer how fast they can kill the same monster, and they can do it over and over and over again, while we need to wait. So yeah, you’re missing a lot.

in Ranger

xLiveLucidx.5071

Shortbow – GREAT BEFORE PATCH….now…useless

Please either fix what you did to the shortbow in the Oct. 7 patch or take away the position constraints on stacking bleeds.

Barrage damage is fine. Its a burst…not a consistent stream of crossfire. Adapt the the range restrictions of the longbow and you’ll see it perform better.

Great sword damage is nerfed from it’s early beta weekend kingdom of ownage, but it still has a place and can perform well if you build for it. A large part of the problem here is, when you build for it to get really good damage, you end up with about the survivability of a signets warrior only without hundred blades or spin to win to help you escape. This can be covered somewhat if you pair it with our own signets build, but it has it’s limitations (I leveled and pvp’d this way all the way to 80/20).

Axe is a mess of “OK and could be better”. All in my opinion of course.

That all said, I agree that the LB-1 is slow/low dps outside of the miracle max range crit that pierces 5 people. It crits nice…but even low level wvw elementalists will live through it more often then not(quickened barrage is a very different story). I also agree, GS-4 is very lack luster. I understand it’s there for utility…but the best I’ve managed with it is a lucky thief punt away from the catapult. I would like to see it reworked into a more blade-deflection(shield-block) like ability that last 3-5 seconds while deflecting attacks(reflects projectiles traited maybe?) and then does the kick punt every time on the second push. I believe engineers already have this, but in AoE.

Heh, wishful thinking…

Thanks for the input, I do think one of us is getting mixed up here though. When I said that Barrage damage isn’t high enough I meant the #5 AoE skill not the #2 burst. My apologies if I made that unclear or am misunderstanding your reply. Regardless, I haven’t equipped a longbow for a while, so perhaps the damage of Barrage has increased since release.

in Ranger

xLiveLucidx.5071

I wish people would stop acting like we were using Shortbow because it was so powerful when the only reason we were using shortbow is because the other weapons were so weak.

The other weapons are definitely weaker than they should be, but for condition ranger’s like myself, there is no better single-target pressure cooker/kiter than the shortbow. I say that solely because of what skills are attached to it, not the numbers.