My thief does way more damage with his SB

in Ranger

Posted by: Pimpslapper.2047

Pimpslapper.2047

This in pvp, I have no idea, nor do I give a rat’s kitten about PVE.

Sure he fires slower, but 1000-1500 on softies, and about 400-800 on heavy armor, AND a 5k crit AOE? Why does a thief do 2-3 times the damage a ranger does with a weapon that is designed for a ranger?

Isn’t that like a ranger doing thrice the damage with a dagger than a thief?

Doesn’t seem right to me and I play a thief as main (317 spvp matches) and a ranger (123 pvp matches) as well.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dante Dragonhand.2538

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Im with ya, hopefully there are buffs coming to ranger soon.

in Ranger

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

Uhhhh I’m not sure about you but my sb does 400-800 on heavy armor with each hit. I crit at 1000 +. 1500-2000 on lighter armor. Not to say sb doesn’t have problems at all.

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

yea, but see thats auto attacking, thieves auto attacks do the same damage but bounce from target to target, and its cluster bomb can hit for 5-6k on squishies, and its aoe. So yea the only thing ranger shortbow has going for it is its control, which is fine since its not supposed to be a damage ranged wep, longbow is. LOL we know how that worked out. Thief shortbow is supposed to be a damage/condition/mobility weapon and its pretty kitten amazing imo.

in Ranger

Posted by: Redrumickey.9672

Redrumickey.9672

I don’t play pvp anymore because years ago there was way to much cheating going and never went back .Maybe one day but with all the hacks going right now in both pvp and wvwv why bother and before a pvp play jumps on for never playing how would I know just read some posts there 100’s of them. The only ones who have to defended these action is most likely using them .There a % of plays who can only enjoy game if their cheating and make other plays unhappy. So I could less about pvp but have to agree you cant have skills work well on both pvp -pve + (wvwv) its just not happening.

WE have to few skills as is and trying to make them work right in one messes up the others . The nerf to sb killed its effectiveness in pvp well in pve it really doesn’t play in all that much . The thief backstab is all pvp . In pve and it’s just does work as well since most time you’re trying to take groups not one player. The thief seems to be pvp built only. Were splitting skills up trying to make them work for everything but instead it watering down all 3 games with so-so skill sets .It be nice if we all had our own set of skill So when a nerf is done it’s for that style of play only.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sco.9615

Sco.9615

Im with ya, hopefully there are buffs coming to ranger soon.

I salute you for your faith Dante. I personally am not holding my breath. I’ve seen too much of ANet’s version of “Balance” in the past.

Communication is the greatest gift the world of today can offer us.
So why do we choose to ignore it?

in Ranger

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

Well, we have a higher rate of auto attack …. but that doesn’t say much still xD esp with the nerf.

in Ranger

Posted by: Namu.5712

Namu.5712

Don’t expect buffs when the dev’s are playing the other class’s.

Just pointing out the bias anet devs have in this game.

i could be wrong but current events say otherwise.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vialator.4981

Vialator.4981

I am not holding out for a buff in this class- with Anets silence its a given they will do nothing- Lucky I have started with a mesmer AND warrior just in case they nerf the mesmer if JonP gets annoyed with mesmers killing his warrior and nerfs them!

Huh?

in Ranger

Posted by: Leogolas.6941

Leogolas.6941

Trick shot #1 seems to do more damage with 2-3 targets , average damage on single target compare to our cross fire. But trick shot seems to be “anti move left right dodge” have not miss once while I use it.
Now the aoe is amazing( cluster bomb #2) slow but deadly. I can kite multiple target and kill them off .
The poison cloud aoe is very very good (#4)Cast it around you and use trick shot . Max 3 target gets poison .
The #3 skill, same as our SB #3 skill. But it seems to actually not bugged and let you jump back.( I am very puzzled why SB #3 is bugged)

[TSA] The Stuffed Animals
~We Are Deadly When Required~

in Ranger

Posted by: Beecheese.4930

Beecheese.4930

I have already re-actived my WOW account, now I play EVE Online and WOW but not GW2 anymore. I really think they have a problem on designing class and pvp. The combat and weapon system is cool, but it is new stuff. New stuff always has things not going well.

in Ranger

Posted by: Skolvikings.5132

Skolvikings.5132

Why should a Ranger do more damage from the shortbow, plus get damage from our pet on top of it? Yes, I understand that pets are useless in PvP and WvWvW, but that’s a separate problem that needs fixing. In PvE, my hawk does between 1500 – 2800 damage per hit and hardly ever dies. Add my shortbow damage on top of that, and we actually hit pretty hard. If ANet would just fix it so our pets would attack moving targets, other professions would start whining that we’re OP.

(edited by Skolvikings.5132)

in Ranger

Posted by: Lorath.2504

Lorath.2504

‘yea, but see thats auto attacking, thieves auto attacks do the same damage but bounce from target to target, and its cluster bomb can hit for 5-6k on squishies, and its aoe.’

As far as autoattack goes, remember that theres no piercing shot trait for thieves. Cluster bomb is very nice tho, even if a bit slow.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chocobo.3950

Chocobo.3950

Its all because we have stupid pets

there should be an option to stow pet permanently and have an increase of 15-20% dmg or something.

in Ranger

Posted by: Samfisher.7942

Samfisher.7942

Its all because we have stupid pets

there should be an option to stow pet permanently and have an increase of 15-20% dmg or something.

Doesn’t matter if damage is increased if they die when a feather touches them..

Ezendor [SYN] – Synapse, Ranger
Sea of Sorrows

in Ranger

Posted by: Pimpslapper.2047

Pimpslapper.2047

You can’t really factor in pet damage at this point I think because they are so bugged, and they die way too easily. I would happily trade my ranger SB skills for my thief SB skills tbh.

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

All I care about is the longbow, hopefully this is adressed. I will probably be playing swtor once it goes free to play if ranger isnt fixed then.

in Ranger

Posted by: psyt.9415

psyt.9415

throw in caltrops on roll and call thieves add in stealth and they are way better at kiting too.

in Ranger

Dante Dragonhand.2538

Yea thieves survive quite well, rangers can kite hella good with traps but lol if you use traps you give up signets which are our only survivability+damage buff.