New Ranger Build WvW Pve PvP

in Ranger

Posted by: fizzybubblech.4035

fizzybubblech.4035

Hello Everyone i want to show my new ranger build coz i hear allot ppl complaining about rangers.. except in wvw but why it is so bad? im not a full ranger player mostly i play guard but i like to test things so i took the ranger yes i know ranger bla bla not good bla bla.. well let me show the traits

Traits:
6 IV II X
4 IV VIII
4 V IX

this traits worked for me for roaming and in a zerg
if u want to check the traits stats go to a build editor and check what they do

now about the armor :
PPF: power precision ferocity
PTH: power thoughness healing power
PTV: power toughness vitality

Head: PPF
Shoulder: PTH
Chest: PTV
Gloves: PTH
Legs: PPF
Boots: PTH
yes power thoughness healing power and way ? good for survival ! and a few pieces zerker
for the damage

now the superior runes:
Melandru verry good also for a ranger not only guard or warrior

Weapons : Of course A long bow its a ranger but the second one is GS Great sword
and why coz gs is good for close combat and u can leap forwards with attack 3 verry useful and it haz a block attack also the sigils: Long Bow got the: Superior sigil of tormenting and superior sigil of strength
GS (Great Sword: Superior sigil of Blood lust got more damage with it its a stack sigil and SUperior sigil of strength the weapon stats are zerker PPF (power precision ferocity)

Now the trinkets
Back Power Toughness ferocity
AC 1 PTH (power toughness healing power)
AC 2 PTH
Ring 1 PTH
Ring 2 PTH

Skills Healing spring , Signet of yhe hun 25% movement speed , Signet of stone improves toughness , Signet of the wild u got healing every second when u hit ore fall down
why signets coz the passive actions of the signets are very useful

About the pets
well the pets i dont care really they are funny but ya the only thing what i don’t get and thats the only thing what is not working good in WvW anyway its a present so just pick one what u like

Some ppl will ask why i chose PTH buts survival is needed not only power toughness vital trust me

The power in this build is good enough also the toughness and other stats so dont worry just try it out

i suggest food : hardened sharping stones gives power from vital and toughness And the second one Mango pies gives healing every second u can buy also the expensive one of the sharping stones

well this was it just try this build en leave a comment

and still i gonna say rangers are also fine in wvw except in the back line commanders needed to give orders to rangers the get them around the fight for distance support with long bow attack number 5 or 2 and great sword is useful when the enemies are loosing the fight so dont complain about this class use it..

i am sorry that i posted it here i dont know where i need to do it else coz at the meta build site i cant find to place it

Attachments:

in Ranger

Posted by: Jim Hunter.6821

Jim Hunter.6821

3 things.
Why didn’t you just use the build editor and link your build?

What’s this build for? I’m going to assume zerging because you would absolutely get wrecked by a half decent player in a 1v1.

If you want to post something specifically for rangers you should post it in the ranger forum.

Also known as Puck when my account isn’t suspended
LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

Unfortunatly man you can test every build you want…but nothing will change. Ranger is the most broken class in this game. Other classes are more than decent and have decent F skills..whereas ranger…well it has nothing viable above all concerning survival skills. That’ s why noone wants it in guild vs guild.
Don’ t do my same mistakes…don’ t play ranger and don’ t test things on ranger..it’ s wasted time… if you want to be competitive Play another class.
Regards

in Ranger

Jim Hunter.6821

Unfortunatly man you can test every build you want…but nothing will change. Ranger is the most broken class in this game. Other classes are more than decent and have decent F skills..whereas ranger…well it has nothing viable above all concerning survival skills. That’ s why noone wants it in guild vs guild.
Don’ t do my same mistakes…don’ t play ranger and don’ t test things on ranger..it’ s wasted time… if you want to be competitive Play another class.
Regards

What a load of bull kitten. Rangers are fantastic for solo and small group roaming in WvW. They have some mean builds for dueling, and if the official gvg mode that is being released in HoT is as much like GW1 FA as it sounds, rangers will be very welcome. I have very fond memories of tearing people up in GW1 Fort Aspenwood.

@Op: Use the build editor, post in ranger forum, we’ll offer advice on what you can tweak.

LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: Sirendor.1394

Sirendor.1394

Thanks for the effort to write up, but here’s a link to quick build editors.

http://www.gw2skills.net/editor

http://intothemists.com/calc/

Gandara – Vabbi – Ring of Fire – Fissure of Woe – Vabbi
SPvP as Standalone All is Vain

in Ranger

Posted by: oneply.9586

oneply.9586

Regards

Rangers are actually a really solid class. Problem is that there is 2 skill caps. one thats easily attainable, which gives it that “noob” feeling, and the other is a high skill cap that takes alot more skill and awareness. Granted yes its still not cream of the crop but it is nowhere near the worst. Condi Rangers destroy Engis, Power Rangers can wreck almost every class if they get the jump on them, they beat the heck out of Necros regardless of spec, and if the player changes their specs to fit the situation then they become very valuable solo, small group, and zerg. The latter hardly happens tho.

You sound more like a spvp player than a wvw player tbh. Which I would agree that in spvp rangers cannot compete at the top sans a few highly skilled individuals.

One Ply To Rule Them All
Bring PPK back to WvW!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: fizzybubblech.4035

fizzybubblech.4035

in Ranger

Jim Hunter.6821

Honestly there is so much I would change about that build I have a hard time figuring out where to begin.

I’m going to assume this build is meant for running in the zerg so I’ll make suggestions based on that.

If you are going to run triple signet you should definitely drop sharpened edges from the skirmishing line and pick up signet mastery in marksmanship. With such low crit chance and condi damage that is a waste of a trait.

Maybe switch out your “on crit” sigils for “on hit” or “on swap”. Especially the torment sigil, again with such low condi damage 1 stack of torment is going to be next to worthless. Something like sigil of intelligence for GS to make use of maul, purity since you have almost no condi cleanse, or even water (wouldn’t be my first choice) since you specced into healing power.

On the topic of the lack of condi cleanse there are a lot of options here. You could swap runes to Lyssa since the elite has such a low cooldown, you could move a couple trait points to pick up empathic bond, you could swap out SotH for SoR which would give you a cleanse and a stun break (you should have swiftness from the zerg anyway), least of all you could swap food to a -condi duration food.

As far as pets go I’m leaning towards murrelow or marsh drake for your main pet and wolf for your second. Both the murrelow and marsh drake have decent survivability in a zerg, the marsh drake offers cleave and a blast finisher, and they both have aoe poison to apply to downed enemies. Wolf fear is just too good not to bring for any form of pvp.

LGN

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Honestly there is so much I would change about that build I have a hard time figuring out where to begin.

I’m going to assume this build is meant for running in the zerg so I’ll make suggestions based on that.

If you are going to run triple signet you should definitely drop sharpened edges from the skirmishing line and pick up signet mastery in marksmanship. With such low crit chance and condi damage that is a waste of a trait.

Maybe switch out your “on crit” sigils for “on hit” or “on swap”. Especially the torment sigil, again with such low condi damage 1 stack of torment is going to be next to worthless. Something like sigil of intelligence for GS to make use of maul, purity since you have almost no condi cleanse, or even water (wouldn’t be my first choice) since you specced into healing power.

On the topic of the lack of condi cleanse there are a lot of options here. You could swap runes to Lyssa since the elite has such a low cooldown, you could move a couple trait points to pick up empathic bond, you could swap out SotH for SoR which would give you a cleanse and a stun break (you should have swiftness from the zerg anyway), least of all you could swap food to a -condi duration food.

As far as pets go I’m leaning towards murrelow or marsh drake for your main pet and wolf for your second. Both the murrelow and marsh drake have decent survivability in a zerg, the marsh drake offers cleave and a blast finisher, and they both have aoe poison to apply to downed enemies. Wolf fear is just too good not to bring for any form of pvp.

First, I’d like to see any WvW versions you might have.

Second, fear from the wolf is not working in WvW.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security