Oppressive Superiority and Twice as Vicious

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

These traits seems kind of unimaginative imo. Anyone want to propose something more interesting?

Oppressive Superiority

• Quickness makes skills and actions an additional 25% faster.
    When you have quickness, critical hits have a chance to apply slow.

Twice as Vicious

• Critical hits have a chance to apply Lesser One Wolf Pack.

Lesser One Wolf Pack functions the same as the elite but only lasts 2 seconds instead of 8 seconds.
Twice as Vicious has an internal cooldown on the proc of 20 seconds.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

(edited by shadowpass.4236)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Unimaginative is fine, as long as there’s synergy and functionality. Both traits you draw attention to lack both, so almost anything is better.

I’d like to have Twice as Vicious similar to Always Angry. “Gain Twice as Vicious (10s: +5% damage and condition damage) when exiting or entering Beastmode.”

I find the trait layout bad. While other specs have minor traits revolving around their new functions or thematics, our minor traits have nothing to do with entering, exiting, or remaining in Beastmode.

Instead, Soulbeast has a bonus with Fury which is found more on core Ranger, and another minor that procs on disabling foes, which is found on power/defensive/Druid setups. No one else finds that the least bit odd?

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Unimaginative is fine, as long as there’s synergy and functionality. Both traits you draw attention to lack both, so almost anything is better.

I’d like to have Twice as Vicious similar to Always Angry. “Gain Twice as Vicious (10s: +5% damage and condition damage) when exiting or entering Beastmode.”

I find the trait layout bad. While other specs have minor traits revolving around their new functions or thematics, our minor traits have nothing to do with entering, exiting, or remaining in Beastmode.

Instead, Soulbeast has a bonus with Fury which is found more on core Ranger, and another minor that procs on disabling foes, which is found on power/defensive/Druid setups. No one else finds that the least bit odd?

I like the “Always Angry” treatment of “Twice as Vicious” and agree the trait layout is bad, they don’t seem to have any rhyme or reason for their existence or position, no…. theme?

in Ranger

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

Fury seems fine. Soulbeasts that pick “Live Fast” have plenty of fury uptime, and I’d much rather have Twice and Vicious than have it apply when entering and exiting beast mode which would be useless if you want to stay in it. Meanwhile, a good number of weapon sets have at least some way to disabling. (Greatsword 5, Greatsword 4, Axe 4, Shortbow 5, Longbow 4), and a fair number of beast skills as well.

(edited by Eponet.4829)

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Fury seems fine. Soulbeasts that pick “Live Fast” have plenty of fury uptime, and I’d much rather have Twice and Vicious than have it apply when entering and exiting beast mode which would be useless if you want to stay in it. Meanwhile, a good number of weapon sets have at least some way to disabling. (Greatsword 5, Greatsword 4, Axe 4, Shortbow 5, Longbow 4), and a fair number of beast skills as well.

We are not saying only when entering beastmode but also when entering beastmode.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!