(Petition) Change QZ

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Posted by: Force.2841

Force.2841

I have played my Ranger since launch and I ask all my Ranger fellows to please read the following before closing this thread down. Personally I dislike the changes made to quickness but for the better of the community and balance I’m okay with it being globally.

So what does QZ do?

- It gives you a boost of 50% attack speed (instead of 100% now) at the COST of not being able to heal for 5 secs and a stun break (added this patch).

Cons about Quickess?

-Rangers are not able to heal for 4 seconds (now 5 secs.)
-Warriors suffer 50% more damage.
-Thiefs lose 100% endurance.

So why is this important, we all have a con anyways?

-Yes but Rangers who already have low escape ability (unless your GS/Sword ranger but that does not speak for all builds) suffer more than other classes. Warriors have higher HP pool and usually use Quickness when they want to kill instantly and can take the damage and heal if they need too. A thief can stealth away if needed and heal, sneaky kittens. That said a ranger can’t heal so if QZ backfires we can’t always run away or take the damage like a warrior can (who can still heal during quickness).

What is the problem with this new QZ?

I feel that in order to make the Ranger community happy about the Quickness reduction speed, Anet decided to give us a stun break that we have constantly asked for but they made the mistake of adding it to QZ. This makes a very poor combination!

Whats wrong with stun break and QZ?

When you use a stun break typically you expect it to be in a defensive skill such as a heal or skill that simply removes a condition. This is done with the purpose of wanting to remove yourself from a nasty condition and situation. Using this new skill to break a stun will now also come with the punishment of 5 secs of not being able to heal!!

A simple typical scenario is you get stunned and take some damage and you realize you are stunned so you use QZ but now you also can’t heal and have to endure the next 5 seconds in a danger zone. The other classes don’t suffer this huge penalty and any experienced player can tell you that 4 seconds was terrible enough but now 5 and to add it to QZ of all skills?

What am I asking to change? (A brainstorm of ideas)

– I would like QZ to be back to 4 secs since I believe we suffer more from using our Quickness skill. (1 sec makes a huge difference in pvp, it can mean life or death)
-Change the amount we heal for while under QZ, for example instead of not being able to heal make it so we only heal for 30% or a fair amount of HP.
-Add the stun break to one of our other skills instead of QZ.
-(anyone who agree’s then please put write down your idea.)

I am very interested to hear anyone’s thoughts or even arguments against this, please comment and hopefully we can get some feedback from Anet.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

While 5s of no healing is kind of annoying, other classes (War/Thief) already have stun breaks on their quickness skills. It was unfair that QZ didn’t have it.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Posted by: Grimwolf.7163

Grimwolf.7163

More importantly, 50% speed feels incredibly underwhelming in practice. Considering the duration to recharge ratio, I don’t think the penalties are even necessary now.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Force.2841

While 5s of no healing is kind of annoying, other classes (War/Thief) already have stun breaks on their quickness skills. It was unfair that QZ didn’t have it.

Yes I noticed this when I made a warrior but as I put in my post I believe we have the greatest penalty compared to others. Those other classes can still heal after using their quickness skill to stun break which does not put them in the same messy situation as us.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Posted by: RummyTheMad.7290

RummyTheMad.7290

I’m going to use it for a while before I form any opinions about how it functions now. All I can say with certainty is that It’s different than it was before. I doubt that I will find it any better or worse in the grand scheme, but I reserve judgement.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Force.2841

More importantly, 50% speed feels incredibly underwhelming in practice. Considering the duration to recharge ratio, I don’t think the penalties are even necessary now.

I got the feeling that most people would stop using QZ but I can’t accept that it took Anet this long to give us a stun break and did it just to say that we at least got something. this patch. A few people welcome this new change and I just want to see their view on it.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Posted by: Grimvar.9185

Grimvar.9185

I’m going to use it for a while before I form any opinions about how it functions now. Alll I can say with certainty is that It’s different than it was before. I doubt that I will find it any better or worse in the grand scheme, but I reserve judgement.

It is a noticeable change. A lot of our damage comes in from our quickness skills with a 50% nerf we do 50% less damage from a skill we relied upon heavily to get our damage out. It is common sense. But clearly many people here lack that.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Posted by: Geshque.1326

Geshque.1326

Hell, I think even if they will change QZ they will say like “u see we buffed you!” It is always like this with us, they take something or just forget to implement it, then we beg for several months to give it back- they give it and take something else.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

RummyTheMad.7290

I’m going to use it for a while before I form any opinions about how it functions now. Alll I can say with certainty is that It’s different than it was before. I doubt that I will find it any better or worse in the grand scheme, but I reserve judgement.

It is a noticeable change. A lot of our damage comes in from our quickness skills with a 50% nerf we do 50% less damage from a skill we relied upon heavily to get our damage out. It is common sense. But clearly many people here lack that.

Well, of course it will be noticeable. I doubt anyone will dispute that point. However since the change to quickness is global, the net change to QZ looks more like a buff than a nerf to me. In other words, everybody’s burst will be less bursty than before…not just rangers, and rangers got some perks added in that we didn’t have before.

As I said, I’ll reserve judgement rather than making snap decisions based on non-experience.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Force.2841

Hell, I think even if they will change QZ they will say like “u see we buffed you!” It is always like this with us, they take something or just forget to implement it, then we beg for several months to give it back- they give it and take something else.

This is one of the things that bug me the most. They don’t see how rangers can’t escape dangerous situations as well as other classes. I can see them gathered around a table and going down the list then reaching Rangers and saying “ehh they gun be mad, just give em a stun break like the rest”. We are not fairly adjusted to the game in my opinion.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Grimvar.9185

Well, of course it will be noticeable. I doubt anyone will dispute that point. However since the change to quickness is global, the net change to QZ looks more like a buff than a nerf to me. In other words, everybody’s burst will be less bursty than before…not just rangers, and rangers got some perks added in that we didn’t have before.

As I said, I’ll reserve judgement rather than making snap decisions based on non-experience.

Hahaha, you think adding a stung break is a buff? That is bringing it inline with the other classes skills whilst still taking a huge hit to dps while we already do less than optimal dps before this. Hell most people already accept ranger has the worst dps and utility in pve.

Our dps was already nerfed with the SB fix and now another dps nerf through quickness that nerfs all the damage we do no matter what weapon we choose.

You are that sad kid on that playground that people pick on and still thinks they are their friend.

(edited by Grimvar.9185)

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

RummyTheMad.7290

Hahaha, you think adding a stung break is a buff? That is bringing it inline with the other classes skills whilst still taking a huge hit to dps while we already do less than optimal dps before this. Hell most people already accept ranger has the worst dps and utility in pve.

Our dps was already nerfed with the SB fix and now another dps nerf through quickness that nerfs all the damage we do no matter what weapon we choose.

You are that sad kid on that playground that people pick on and thinks they are their friend.

Actually no, I don’t think it’s a buff, I KNOW it is. It used to not be there, and now it is there. It’s an improvement to the previous state, therefore it is a buff. Pretty simple stuff really…

You go right ahead and get your complaining muscles all stretched out though. You’ve got a long night ahead of you!

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Grimvar.9185

You are that sad kid on that playground that people pick on and thinks they are their friend.

Actually no, I don’t think it’s a buff, I KNOW it is. It used to not be there, and now it is there. It’s an improvement to the previous state, therefore it is a buff. Pretty simple stuff really…

You go right ahead and get your complaining muscles all stretched out though. You’ve got a long night ahead of you!

50% speed nerf that effects not only QZ but the quickness from pet swaps vs. stun break. Nope, it is an overall nerf. You are factually wrong. Keep on trying you will still be wrong and you lack any basic understanding of the class to say otherwise. Hell you even lack basic logic and comprehension.

(edited by Grimvar.9185)

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Geshque.1326

Not it is not a buff. It is a fix, because it is intended to be so and we have waited 6 months to get this fix. Buff is something that boosts certain apects of the character. While it gives us a stun break fix it takes avay 50% of attack speed and adds 1 sec of not being healed. Buff? Just wash your glasses.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

By that logic if Rangers had no weapons at launch and were given weapons afterwords, that would be the greatest buff in the history of GW2. I’m not sure what part of the world you’re from, but the West is FOUNDED on concepts such as rights and equality, in gaming terms: interclass balance. If everyone in your profession was getting paid $10 while you get paid $2 and then have that bumped up to $4, an 100% increase, should every else get a raise to $20.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

RummyTheMad.7290

50% speed nerf vs stun break. Nope, it is an overall nerf. You are factually wrong.

The quickness adjustment is global meaning it’s a non-factor when comparing the net effect it has. EVERYBODY’S quickness has been reduced. Rangers got a buff to their quickness skill to compensate. It’s really not that complicated.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Again they didn’t think things through with the consequences for the ranger. They meant to fix thief/warrior burst, saw that “heck, rangers are affected by this as well, let’s give them something in return”.

Only thing is that we got more nerfed again:

• Only 50% speedboost (affects all quickness using classes) <- Nerf
  • 5 seconds of not being able to heal instead of 4 seconds <- Nerf
  • Breaks stun <- Fix, bringing it up to par on how it works for other classes
  • Using it as a stunbreaker means you can’t heal for 5 seconds, an eternity in pvp <- Poorly thought through and implementation
  • Zephyr’s Speed now only boosts speed by 50%, same duration as before <- Nerf
  • Zephyr’s Speed and Quickness affecting both ranger and pet, both got nerfed through this <- The nerf hits us harder than other classes, as usual
Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Grimvar.9185

50% speed nerf vs stun break. Nope, it is an overall nerf. You are factually wrong.

The quickness adjustment is global meaning it’s a non-factor when comparing the net effect it has. EVERYBODY’S quickness has been reduced. Rangers got a buff to their quickness skill to compensate. It’s really not that complicated.

No, rangers did not get a buff. Try to get it into your head. If you don’t realize how ranger damage builds rely heavily on quickness to deal damage whilst other classes do not rely on quickness as much then you clearly do not know this class.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Force.2841

Again they didn’t think things through with the consequences for the ranger. They meant to fix thief/warrior burst, saw that “heck, rangers are affected by this as well, let’s give them something in return”.

Only thing is that we got more nerfed again:

• Only 50% speedboost (affects all quickness using classes) <- Nerf
  • 5 seconds of not being able to heal instead of 4 seconds <- Nerf
  • Breaks stun <- Fix, bringing it up to par on how it works for other classes
  • Using it as a stunbreaker means you can’t heal for 5 seconds, an eternity in pvp <- Poorly thought through and implementation
  • Zephyr’s Speed now only boosts speed by 50%, same duration as before <- Nerf
  • Zephyr’s Speed and Quickness affecting both ranger and pet, both got nerfed through this <- The nerf hits us harder than other classes, as usual

I meant my post to be something like yours but alas I have bad formatting, thx for making it easier lol.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

I completely overlooked this part, assuming that are pet can actually hit targets, lowering both our and the pets quickness by to 50% hurts us even more.

Oh wait, it doesn’t matter because pets are broken and can’t hit moving targets anyway.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

Im furious I can’t QZ rez my group :-(

Awful decision Anet. Just awful!

Honestly, how many diverse builds are out there now???

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

RummyTheMad.7290

No, rangers did not get a buff. Try to get it into your head. If you don’t realize how ranger damage builds rely heavily on quickness to deal damage whilst other classes do not rely on quickness as much then you clearly do not know this class.

QZ received a buff. Quickness received a nerf. The two things are not the same.

Since that change to quickness affects all classes equally, we can safely call it a non-factor when comparing changes. See where I’m coming from here? No need to get all snippy about it. We can discuss this like adults instead…

I manage to do damage on my ranger with or without QZ. QZ just added a burst factor when it was needed. Luckily it still does that, albeit at a reduced rate from before.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

Since that change to quickness affects all classes equally, we can safely call it a non-factor when comparing changes.

You have as much clue about this game as Anet it seems, and that would be none.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

RummyTheMad.7290

QZ received a buff. Quickness received a nerf. The two things are not the same.

Since that change to quickness affects all classes equally, we can safely call it a non-factor when comparing changes. See where I’m coming from here? No need to get all snippy about it. We can discuss this like adults instead…

I manage to do damage on my ranger with or without QZ. QZ just added a burst factor when it was needed. Luckily it still does that, albeit at a reduced rate from before.

You are incredibly dense and it is pointless to try and argue with you.

Ah yes, the personal attack – haven of the secure.

Look. I’m not trying to convince you of anything. You go ahead and keep on getting irrationally upset over what may or may not amount to nothing at all. I’ll play with the skill for a while and see if I can make it work for me in it’s new state. If not, I may join you in your complaining.

As I said, I’ll reserve judgement rather than skipping straight to the complaining part. It’s just a methodology difference.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

RummyTheMad.7290

Since that change to quickness affects all classes equally, we can safely call it a non-factor when comparing changes.

Please feel free to enlighten me and anybody else reading.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Posted by: neverborne.4736

neverborne.4736

I have to agree that this patch is just another in a long series of kicks to the nuts for rangers.

Rangers had two semi-decent builds (ranged glass cannon w/ quickness AND condi traps).

Now we have one, (condi traps) and that one is a real bummer in WvW.

Yay progress!

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Posted by: psyt.9415

psyt.9415

Lowers the burst ability of every classes quickness not just rangers. Seems like people just like to kitten apparently. This was to change the meta basically now they can go from there instituting multiple viable builds for all classes as they said.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Posted by: Mardermann.7468

Mardermann.7468

read the patchnotes again, then once you understood them… come back and talk again…

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Posted by: TogoChubb.3984

TogoChubb.3984

They need to increase the block on the GS from 3s to 4s to help offset the lack of quickness. Before quick nerf you could block 100blades animation with 3s block, but now not so much. Maybe this was one point of slowing down quickness and dps in a crazy way this could actually land around the same amount of damage since it will take twice as long to cast burst abilities with quickness.

What do you guys think?

Commander Togochubb aka Chubby
Perfect Dark [PD] – Yaks Bend

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Ursan.7846

They need to increase the block on the GS from 3s to 4s to help offset the lack of quickness. Before quick nerf you could block 100blades animation with 3s block, but now not so much. Maybe this was one point of slowing down quickness and dps in a crazy way this could actually land around the same amount of damage since it will take twice as long to cast burst abilities with quickness.

What do you guys think?

When the GW blocks a melee attack, it ends immediately and kicks the attacker away. I can’t say if it happens for 100B for sure or not, but I imagine it’s classified as melee?

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

RummyTheMad.7290

What do you guys think?

When the GW blocks a melee attack, it ends immediately and kicks the attacker away. I can’t say if it happens for 100B for sure or not, but I imagine it’s classified as melee?

It actually doesn’t factor in what type of attack it blocked. Rather it’s affected by your proximity to the target. So if you are in melee range when you block an attack, the deliverer of the attack will get blocked and kicked.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Geshque.1326

RummyTheMad.7290

It is just pointless to argue with you.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Ursan.7846

It actually doesn’t factor in what type of attack it blocked. Rather it’s affected by your proximity to the target. So if you are in melee range when you block an attack, the deliverer of the attack will get blocked and kicked.

That is interesting! So if you’re shooting a projectile in melee range, the block will still end and you kick? And the same thing with 100B: if you’re far enough, it will block the entire way without kicking?

Good to know though, thank you.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

RummyTheMad.7290

@Geshque – Ok… I’m not arguing with you, but ok.

@Ursan – It will always trigger with HB since HB has to be delivered in melee range. If someone is shooting at you, and you get in melee range before the 3s is up, you will kick that attacker.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

TogoChubb.3984

I agree that quickness has been reduced globally, however, I mainly used quickness to aid with the lack of LB shooting speed. It’s extremely easy to side step the projectile as it is still too slow at max distance to gain max damage. Quickness in this scenario helped a lot to land these long range attacks. I propose they allow the longbow to do max damage at any distance or give us a little more speed on the projectile again. Maybe even make the #4 LB skill instant to help with protection, which is something that Anet agrees is a problem on the LB. Not a lot is needed IMO, however, in the current state LB really struggles to be a main weapon for me in WvW and this disappoints me. I guess i’ll put it in my bag for siege purposes only in WvW.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

RummyTheMad.7290

I agree that quickness has been reduced globally, however, I mainly used quickness to aid with the lack of LB shooting speed. It’s extremely easy to side step the projectile as it is still too slow at max distance to gain max damage. Quickness in this scenario helped a lot to land these long range attacks. I propose they allow the longbow to do max damage at any distance or give us a little more speed on the projectile again. Maybe even make the #4 LB skill instant to help with protection, which is something that Anet agrees is a problem on the LB. Not a lot is needed IMO, however, in the current state LB really struggles to be a main weapon for me in WvW and this disappoints me. I guess i’ll put it in my bag for siege purposes only in WvW.

I agree wholeheartedly with you re: the LB, although I don’t think it improved projectile speed, just rate of fire…no?

Regardless, I’m not a huge LB fan anyway. I use it for siege/counter-siege in WvW, and in situations where I’m certain that I can land the big hits reliably. I’m more of a skirmisher and prefer pretty much any other weapon to the LB, but I sure would like to see it get a little bit of love for those that do enjoy using it.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

TogoChubb.3984

Yes, quickness improves the fire rate, however, a previous patch increased the projectile speed and helped a lot. I love the longbow and I use it to assist my group in WvW as it is definately not my weapon of choice for a 1v1 situation unless I can root the enemy and land barrage. Being that i’m normally behind my group to keep up max damage on the LB I tend to get targeted and focused down quick. It’s a running joke in my guild that everyone targets rangers first b/c they are the easiest to kill. I would never claim to be the best ranger in this game but I definately surprise a lot of guys that think i’m squishy b/c i’m a ranger.

All this said I was really hoping for some LBLuv in this patch and I’m really really disappointed to not feel it this round after it was mentioned in the dev interview along with GS.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I personal have no issue with it… Granted I’m a little upset that I can’t super Rez people anymore but we BY FAR have the best quickness… I mean c’mon, we just can’t heal, if you’re popping QZ while you need to heal you’re just being dumb.

Warriors can be slaughtered mercilessly and easily durin their quickness due to almost always being front lines (where damage intake is higher to begin with) and then taking 50% more damage.

And thieves lose ALL endurance and can’t regen endurance AT ALL for 5 seconds, that hurts them for a while after its over as well seeing as how evasion dependent thieves are…

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Geshque.1326

Durzlla I have always wondered about your incompetence in ranger class but now you surprised me even more. Just het to the topic called “Effect of Quickness Nerf on class DPS” near this thread and just don’t post such crap again.

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Posted by: Goatjugsoup.8637

Goatjugsoup.8637

I personal have no issue with it… Granted I’m a little upset that I can’t super Rez people anymore but we BY FAR have the best quickness… I mean c’mon, we just can’t heal, if you’re popping QZ while you need to heal you’re just being dumb.

The no healing effects regen too which means if you were using a signet to keep you and your pets health even-ish that is going to be out of the running for longer

Most wanted in game additions: Beastiary, readable books

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Force.2841

Warriors can be slaughtered mercilessly and easily durin their quickness due to almost always being front lines (where damage intake is higher to begin with) and then taking 50% more damage.

And thieves lose ALL endurance and can’t regen endurance AT ALL for 5 seconds, that hurts them for a while after its over as well seeing as how evasion dependent thieves are…

I wasn’t sure whether to reply to you or not but you have very little sense of what the convo is about here so I I will try and make you understand cause out of everyone here you are waay lost and misinformed.

The reason why our quickness is worse than a warriors is because we have dont have the HP pool that warriors do so they can take that extra 50% dmg, no one here is talking about YOUR ability to kill a warrior so save that trash talk. A thief can stealth and use that one ability they have to regain their endurance anyway. You are right about one thing, no one would use QZ while they have the need to heal, it’s an offensive attack and most people will use it from a distance that said, why give it a stun break, it is not needed and worst of all it puts us Rangers in a bad spot where we can’t heal which is worse than the other classes get, just for a stun break. We were “buffed” according to Anet but it was a bs addition so that we could be happy and accept it.

(edited by Force.2841)

(Petition) Change QZ

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

Whats wrong with stun break and QZ?

When you use a stun break typically you expect it to be in a defensive skill such as a heal or skill that simply removes a condition. This is done with the purpose of wanting to remove yourself from a nasty condition and situation. Using this new skill to break a stun will now also come with the punishment of 5 secs of not being able to heal!!

A simple typical scenario is you get stunned and take some damage and you realize you are stunned so you use QZ but now you also can’t heal and have to endure the next 5 seconds in a danger zone. The other classes don’t suffer this huge penalty and any experienced player can tell you that 4 seconds was terrible enough but now 5 and to add it to QZ of all skills?

I really like the way you explained it so even people who’s never played this game, aka Anet Devs, would understand it.

My suggestion would be for them to actually play their own game, and maybe they’ll have some insight in how to balance it.

First thing they should do is try to use barrage with QZ in an open field before a zerg and find out how well it works when you’re immobile and are unable to heal.