Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

*kicks forum to fix the bug

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Please Nerf Shared anguish

in Ranger

Posted by: InsidiousWaffle.7086

InsidiousWaffle.7086

Calling others delusional when you havent exactly got your facts straight isnt exactly nice either. Also the pet isnt “dead” it’s in a “defeated state” just like many NPCs which then essentially walk around in an “out of combat” mode.

I’m sorry for coming off as mean, but the general response wasn’t exactly friendly either

in Ranger

InsidiousWaffle.7086

I’d also like to address the complaint of “kicking ranger when its down”. This is silly. Ranger is good in 1v1’s, and is lacking in teamfights. nerfing/fixing this problem is not going to make ranger better or worse in either of these situations.

in Ranger

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

It would not change much in 1vs1, but would make it easier to lock down the ranger in teamfights, where it is way harder to keep the pet alive.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

I’d also like to address the complaint of “kicking ranger when its down”. This is silly. Ranger is good in 1v1’s, and is lacking in teamfights. nerfing/fixing this problem is not going to make ranger better or worse in either of these situations.

The only problem is they need to change the skill description from " transferred to your pet" to “ignored”, and then drop the cooldown to 30 seconds so that it is more in line with similar traits. Or drop it to 40 seconds and have it grant 3 seconds of stealth (remember that month that we had that?).

Balanced stance- 40 sec and 5 stacks of stability
Reactive lenses- 40 sec and fury
Hard to catch- 30 seconds and refills endurance
Tempest defense- 25 sec cooldown, grants shocking aura and a 20% damage increase to stunned foes.

This isn’t counting all the other traits that trigger to provide blocks, blinds, protection, mirror the cc back, etc.

Are you starting to understand now why people are laughing at you for trying to get this nerfed?

(edited by Puck.9612)

in Ranger

InsidiousWaffle.7086

It would not change much in 1vs1, but would make it easier to lock down the ranger in teamfights, where it is way harder to keep the pet alive.

So because a ranger lets their pet die, their pet should soak cc’s up forever?

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

but…
this is only a problem if the pet is already dead, it doesnt change anything if the pet is alive, it just makes the pet not infinitely soak cc’s after it already died

I’m agree! THey have to change these trait to: 40sec cooldown. When you get CC, you automatically Brake Stun and get 5stacks of stability fo 10SEC! + Vigor for 6sec

You can say: But it will be totally broken and OP!!!!
But warrior have that trait and noone of them go and cry on forum, that these trait too op! you know why? Because there are much better traits in same line! And AutobrakestunWith10secStability are worst choice for them, But 1CC transfer to pet, not even brakestun!!! every 60sec! are too op and have to be nerfed…

I have no words…

in Ranger

InsidiousWaffle.7086

The only problem is they need to change the skill description from " transferred to your pet" to “ignored”, and then drop the cooldown to 30 seconds so that it is more in line with similar traits.

Tempest defense- 25 sec cooldown, grants shocking aura and a 20% damage increase to stunned foes.

This isn’t counting all the other traits that trigger to provide blocks, blinds, protection, mirror the cc back, etc.

Are you starting to understand now why people are laughing at you for trying to get this nerfed?

the fact that the ICD is too long isnt the problem being discussed on this forum, the problem here is that dead pets take cc’s after they are dead

in Ranger

Puck.9612

The only problem is they need to change the skill description from " transferred to your pet" to “ignored”, and then drop the cooldown to 30 seconds so that it is more in line with similar traits.

the fact that the ICD is too long isnt the problem being discussed on this forum, the problem here is that dead pets take cc’s after they are dead

The pet isn’t dead, it’s only defeated.
/Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Tox.3906

Tox.3906

The pet isn’t dead, it’s only defeated.
/Thread

This! Never saw my pet dead on the ground. Downed players can also be CC’d..

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Calling others delusional when you havent exactly got your facts straight isnt exactly nice either. Also the pet isnt “dead” it’s in a “defeated state” just like many NPCs which then essentially walk around in an “out of combat” mode.

There you go, a perfect explanation for the people more concerned with role playing than they are with game balance.

The pet is still alive but while it is in its defeated state it is immune to cc and damage because….. magic. Happy now?

…shared anguish mitigates CC’s even when the pet is at zero health…

Yeah, I meant to say something earlier about this, but I kinda felt like nit-picking. Pets never actually get to zero health, fyi. You can see this by looking at its health bar while you main your Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ighanis.8265

Ighanis.8265

OP, while I agree it is an odd fact that the CC is transferred to a dead pet, I don’t really feel it deserves a nerf.

All professions, have some version of a CC reactive trait they can take. Some are better then others, but not a single one can be negated or made null and void in any way. You CC them, the trait fires, no exceptions.

To make the Ranger the only class that you could somehow invalidate the trait seems somewhat harsh. True, the Ranger is a pet class, and good pet management is key, but that has its own built in penalty for failure, a loss of functionality.

While the skill is rather strong, being one of the few that as far as I can tell truly stops the CC from occurring on the player, the only other being “Last Stand”, the long recharge is there to balance. Last Stand, has an ICD or 40, to compare and has no way to invalidate.

The only others that share the same ICD as ours are “Reaper’s Protection” and “Mirror of Anguish” both of which are also quite strong as well.

edited: Tempest Defense is a base Ele trait, it just has tempest in the name :-D

TL;DR
It is odd to transfer to a dead pet, but it is worse to make the ranger the only class the CC avoidance trait can be invalidated.

(edited by Ighanis.8265)

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

So because a ranger lets their pet die, their pet should soak cc’s up forever?

Successful troll is sucessful. Still claims “soak cc’s up forever” after having been told a million times it doesn’t have a 10s cooldown.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

While the skill is rather strong, being one of the few that as far as I can tell truly stops the CC from occurring on the player, the only other being “Last Stand”, the long recharge is there to balance. Last Stand, has an ICD or 40, to compare and has no way to invalidate.

The only others that share the same ICD as ours are “Reaper’s Protection” and “Mirror of Anguish” both of which are also quite strong as well.

edited: Tempest Defense is a base Ele trait, it just has tempest in the name :-D

TL;DR
It is odd to transfer to a dead pet, but it is worse to make the ranger the only class the CC avoidance trait can be invalidated.

Hard to Catch on Thief is a break stun that refills all their endurance when CC’d on a 30s CD, its FAR better than Shared Anguish, Ele can take Tempest Defense and Eye of the Storm for a Shocking Aura on a 25s CD plus dealing 20% more damage to those that attack them and get stunned, as well as getting an AoE stun break and 5s of Super Speed every kitten . Again, miles better than Shared Anguish.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ighanis.8265

Ighanis.8265

Hard to Catch on Thief is a break stun that refills all their endurance when CC’d on a 30s CD, its FAR better than Shared Anguish, Ele can take Tempest Defense and Eye of the Storm for a Shocking Aura on a 25s CD plus dealing 20% more damage to those that attack them and get stunned, as well as getting an AoE stun break and 5s of Super Speed every kitten . Again, miles better than Shared Anguish.

Oh I agree, no doubt, Hard to Catch, Tempest Defense, as well as some of the others are great skills and better, in my opinion, then Shared Anguish.

The only thing I was saying was Hard to Catch and Tempest Defense have the CC occur to the player and then provide great bonus. Shared Anguish and Last Stand are the only two that actually stop the CC from happening, if I am mistaken about the stun actually happening with Hard to Catch then I stand corrected on that one as well ( I do not every really play my thief).

I made no mention that it was fine as it is, I also agree that many of the rangers skills/traits, this one included, being detrimental to our pets is crazy and badly designed. But sadly I doubt these things will ever be changed.

I simply meant to point out that it does not in any way justify a nerf to the skill.

in Ranger

InsidiousWaffle.7086

IT isn’ t even a nerf. When the pet is defeated, it by no means should be able to soak condis for you. How is this so hard to understand?

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

If anything it needs a buff rather than a nerf/fix to bring it back in line with similar traits.

We were all expecting them to merge it with Hide in Plain Sight which would stealth on being CC-ed, but they just deleted that trait and I think Shared Anguish was even moved up a tier without getting any buff.

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

Don’t worry InsidiousWaffle, even if this is a non issue considering first of all the icd of the trait, in combination with a defeated pet, that this shouldn’t even be noticable at all (never heard ANYONE complain about this trait before in the meaning they want to nerf it – ever), nerfs the name of the game around here, so I’m sure you’ll be a happy spvp guardian soon enough.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

We were all expecting them to merge it with Hide in Plain Sight which would stealth on being CC-ed, but they just deleted that trait and I think Shared Anguish was even moved up a tier without getting any buff.

They decreased the ICD on Shared Anguish when it was moved up during the specialization patch. Before, it had a 90 second ICD. 90 seconds…

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

IT isn’ t even a nerf. When the pet is defeated, it by no means should be able to soak condis for you. How is this so hard to understand?

Pet is a failed mechanic. Condi transfer to pet is a mostly failed way for the Ranger to deal with condis. We need condi mitigation in spite of these facts. How is that so hard to understand?

in Ranger

Posted by: Scott.7163

Scott.7163

Mesmer get’s same trait but instead it sends the CC back to the source. Ours kittens our pet, awesome design, same with Empathic Bond. Why do we have traits that kill our pet?

in Ranger

Posted by: Shoe.5821

Shoe.5821

Your pet is another whole character full of hit points that can replenish very rapidly. Effects going on it rather than the player is nothing but a positive. They have high HP for a reason. It’s only problematic in tougher pve content designed around active defenses, where pets vanish like tears in the rain.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

So you agree the pet isn’t dead, which means you can no longer argue from a thematic standpoint. Now you have to compare it to the similar traits I previously listed and make an argument why it should be nerfed from a balance perspective. Good luck.

in Ranger

Posted by: octagon.6504

octagon.6504

Necro can have up to five pets out or put them all away or fight without pets completely. Yet they can’t balance Rangers fight with or without one pet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

Then why did you title your thread “Please Nerf Shared anguish” that is kind of a red flag there, and right now isn’t the best time to be starting inflammatory threads within this community. Is that a hard concept for you to understand?

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

I honestly think it should still work even if the pet is defeated and frankly so should empathic bond you have already suffered enough by losing your class mechanic if they are out of the fight that should be the rangers punishment for letting his pet “die” not that traits all of a sudden stop working.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

What is your problem, OP? Like what is your hidden agenda to posting completely and totally random “nerf this skill that isn’t that good and has been around for years” threads?

This is the most ridiculous, nonsensical ranger hate that I’ve ever seen on these forums, and that says quite a bit.

in Ranger

Posted by: octagon.6504

octagon.6504

“Insidious” kinda says it all. The title doesn’t say please fix bug. It’s asking for a nerf, not a fix. That tells you something right from the start.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

If your pet is dead…
SWAP PETS.
Ranger is about pet-management, like it or not. That isn’t going away, ever. However, rangers being able to ignore any cc infinitely on a 10 second ICD regardless of the fact that the pet can be dead, and therefore there is no downside to taking the trait.
Anybody defending this bug or insulting me with false xenophobic statements is frankly delusional, because this isn’t working as intended.

It is about pet management, to an extent, but sadly pets die almost immediately in most cases and pet swap has a long CD, even with the trait.

This leaves the Ranger, which is already a sub-par class compared with pretty much all other classes, with a drop in DPS and an even less defence than usual.

I honestly don’t get what people, who don’t play the class, want from Rangers?

As I say, I’ve already given up on the class here, even though I mained a Hunter in WoW and had about 8 of them at max level, at one point.

Will you and your ilk honestly not be happy until no one plays Ranger, except a few confused new players?

Because that is what it looks like.

If your pet is dead…
SWAP PETS.
Ranger is about pet-management, like it or not. That isn’t going away, ever. However, rangers being able to ignore any cc infinitely on a 10 second ICD regardless of the fact that the pet can be dead, and therefore there is no downside to taking the trait.
Anybody defending this bug or insulting me with false xenophobic statements is frankly delusional, because this isn’t working as intended.

The Frack.

60 second.

Its on a 60 second cooldown. Where the hell are you getting 10sec ICD from?

Sounds like you’re the one being delusional now mate.

60 seconds is a lifetime in PvP. Have you seen the stability uptime other classes have access to btw?

Quite.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

in Ranger

InsidiousWaffle.7086

Yup, I’m basically a kitten.
All I’m saying is that the trait makes no sense. What is the point of linking the trait to a pet, and then negating the value of that? It basically just makes the trait “ignore incoming disabling condis”“, with no counter-play.
I know that you all will say”No other class has this restriction, you cant take cc invulns away from other classes" but IT DOESNT MATTER. If it was intended to work regardless of the state of the pet it wouldn’t at all be linked. Besides, I really don’t appreciate insults toward myself or my motives, that have no bearing on the topic at hand.
I’m not trying to kill ranger. I’m not trying to make sure nobody plays it. I’m trying to fix an issue that I saw and that bothered me.
Frankly, ranger is in a good spot in everything but groupfights, and in a group fight most “ignore 1 cc” abilities really don’t matter with the amount of cc that happens.

tl:dr
- please stop insulting me for no reason other than to add a final, verbal, jab
- I’m not trying to kill off ranger, I main it in PvE and WvW

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Yup, I’m basically a kitten.
All I’m saying is that the trait makes no sense. What is the point of linking the trait to a pet, and then negating the value of that? It basically just makes the trait “ignore incoming disabling condis”“, with no counter-play.
I know that you all will say”No other class has this restriction, you cant take cc invulns away from other classes" but IT DOESNT MATTER. If it was intended to work regardless of the state of the pet it wouldn’t at all be linked. Besides, I really don’t appreciate insults toward myself or my motives, that have no bearing on the topic at hand.
I’m not trying to kill ranger. I’m not trying to make sure nobody plays it. I’m trying to fix an issue that I saw and that bothered me.
Frankly, ranger is in a good spot in everything but groupfights, and in a group fight most “ignore 1 cc” abilities really don’t matter with the amount of cc that happens.

tl:dr
- please stop insulting me for no reason other than to add a final, verbal, jab
- I’m not trying to kill off ranger, I main it in PvE and WvW

Sorry but you already surrendered your ability to fight this with a thematic argument when you admitted that the pets weren’t actually dead, you now have to come up with an argument that states why this should be nerfed because it is unbalanced.

If you aren’t willing or able to argue why it deserves a nerf because it is over powered in some way (lol) then the conversation is pretty much over. You can either admit you were wrong, remain silent, or try to find a balance argument.

in Ranger

InsidiousWaffle.7086

Okay, arguing with you is like talking to a wall. I define killing a pet as bringing it to the lowest possible amount of health. Hence ‘defeated’. By my definition, and Ill wager the opinion of most people, when something is at as little health as possible… its dead. I killed it. In engine, it says defeated, which I acknowledged, but it is still dead. If it were to go to 0 health, the entity would despawn because that is the way the game is coded.

I’m asking for a change because it doesn’t make sense for the trait to be bound to the pet, and then not allow killing the pet to negate the trait. Like I said above, if it was intended for the cc to be absorbed no matter what, it wouldn’t be bound to the pet.

Now its your turn to come up with a constructive argument, as opposed to accusing me of ‘trying to kill ranger’ or ‘ranger hate’ or whatever else you care to allege.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Just make pets invulnerable, that will fix it.

or

Shared Anguish: “Whenever you are crowd controlled, it is transferred to your pet, if your pet is defeated, it is revived and then transferred to it.”

Sounds good to me

in Ranger

InsidiousWaffle.7086

That sounds fine to me xD

I obviously have to dissent, but still…

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

Just make pets invulnerable, that will fix it.

or

Shared Anguish: “Whenever you are crowd controlled, it is transferred to your pet, if your pet is defeated, it is revived and then transferred to it.”

Sounds good to me

Or transfer it to Pet, pet receive invulnerable, and next pets attack will return these CC to target, but 2x longer and have to be something like 30sec cooldown.
Looks like Fare! And rename to “don’t mess with ranger”

I’ll post idea to Ranger Developer.

OP are you agree with such change?
No? You have no choice anyway xD

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Okay, arguing with you is like talking to a wall. I define killing a pet as bringing it to the lowest possible amount of health. Hence ‘defeated’. By my definition, and Ill wager the opinion of most people, when something is at as little health as possible… its dead. I killed it. In engine, it says defeated, which I acknowledged, but it is still dead. If it were to go to 0 health, the entity would despawn because that is the way the game is coded.

I’m asking for a change because it doesn’t make sense for the trait to be bound to the pet, and then not allow killing the pet to negate the trait. Like I said above, if it was intended for the cc to be absorbed no matter what, it wouldn’t be bound to the pet.

Now its your turn to come up with a constructive argument, as opposed to accusing me of ‘trying to kill ranger’ or ‘ranger hate’ or whatever else you care to allege.

So rather than try to come up with a argument to justify this nerf because you think it is unbalanced you decided to come up with your own definition of death……

Since the world doesn’t revolve around you let me give you a little help.
Death- the act of dying; the end of life; the total and permanent cessation of all the vital functions of an organism.

Since the pets still have life remaining they have not reached the end.
Since pets are still moving around it is pretty safe to assume their vital functions haven’t completely stopped.
Therefore the pets are still alive, they are just taking a breather.

Unlike the pets the thematic argument is now dead.

Now, and this is a question directly targeted at you, do you feel that Shared Anguish is over powered and if so, why is it over powered?

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

This entire thread could have been avoided if you’d have changed the word nerf to bugfix and then posted in the appropriate forum.

Just an fyi, posting on ANY subforum about a nerf, bugfix, or any change that will hurt the effectiveness of that class is going to be met with a response like this.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Ofir.2405

Ofir.2405

Its a freaking video game, not everything should make sense. You kitten die and return back to life after a moment, how is that possible? same goes for your pets. For all I care the CC can transfer to the dead pet, because its just a video game. Now stop acting like you really want to make things as they are supposed to be because its clear that you only want rangers to be even weaker than they are. And I am sure the same “problem” already exists in other classes.

(edited by Ofir.2405)