Post Your Build Thread

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Mark Katzbach

Mark Katzbach

Content Marketing Manager

Hey everybody,

I’ve seen a few threads around where people are posting their builds, but those threads are getting lost in the throng of other posts on the forum. So, I present to you, a build thread.

• Post your favorite builds here.
  • Be sure to post as many details about your build and how you play it so others may benefit from your knowledge.
  • Also, feel free to ask for advice on your build as well.

Note: I’ve noticed an error some people get when linking to their builds at gw2skills.net. This is due to a semicolon (;) in the URL. If there’s a semicolon in your url, please use a URL shortener (tinyurl.com or bit.ly) until we are able to fix this error with linking and semicolons. Thanks!

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Holmes.9362

Holmes.9362

Weapons: Shortbow/Axe/Horn (Long bow situational for aoe)
Traits: 30/30/0/0/10

http://tinyurl.com/99q6bsc

Stat focus: Precision—>Crit Damage—>Power (once you are at 100% crit damage precision provides more dps than power)

Sup. Runes of the Ranger in all my gear. I use Sup. Sigil of Str. on my bow (chance to gain might on critical). I put the +10 precision on kills (stacks to 25) on my axe.

How it works:
The build is based on quickness, in my opinion the most overpowered source of damage for rangers. I use quickening zephyr immediately after I pop signet of the wild and rampage as one. When zephyr runs off I switch pets to get the quickness bonus from pet swap (I switch pets every 20 seconds, it is important to keep your pet alive so you don’t get the full 60 sec cd). I will switch to axe/horn once my pet/zephyr is on CD, blow all axe cds except call of the wild. I use call of the wild right before I switch back to sbow. Finally, right before the mob dies I switch to axe to allow myself to proc the axe sigil to gain the precision stack.

The synergy between shortbow/quickness and Sigil of Str is amazing, allows you to keep 10+ might stacks up while quickness buffed.

As for pets, I use the stalker for the might buff and the hyena for dps (2 is better than 1).

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Duckzor.4327

Duckzor.4327

sPvP Build:
http://tinyurl.com/9ujt2rh

Playstyle: Spot enemy. Pop horn call of wild buff. Pop bird call and axe chill. Switch to shortbow. Start out with spider immobilize on enemy as he approaches. When he is immobilized, get in flanking position, swap pets and unload with quickness buff (Beast Master Trait 1). Use wolf fear, pop QZ, finish him.

WvW Build:
http://tinyurl.com/9lwzfrb

Playstyle:
Longbow for large fights, sieging, defending.
Shortbow for smaller fights, 10v10-like.

Pets: Bear and Owl

Bear for condition cures and taking high damage.

Owl for manipulating swiftness buff when roaming through WvW. Send it to attack something, if it doesn’t pop the swiftness buff, call it back. Rinse and repeat till it does.

Thief WvW Solo Roam Video

http://youtu.be/MHEU8oCFxrE

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Vecuu.2018

Vecuu.2018

Greatsword/Axe Warhorn
Wilderness Survival, Nature Magic, Beastmastery

0/0/30/25/15

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en&code=3670007b1r1s15gsae00upf43444cg3glgr

Armor: Knights
Accessories: Valkyrie
Weapons: Valkyrie

Pros:
-High durability
-With Quickness the Greatsword’s auto-attack is almost invulnerability due to evasion
-High CC
-Provides long lasting Warhorn Buffs thanks to Nature Magic
-Points in Beastmastery turn your Pet into a threat, as well as providing Quickness, and an increase in Per Survivability and Quickness uptime due to Pet-swap cooldown decrease.

Cons:
-Mediocre damage

Pet Choices:
-PvE Solo- Anything goes, usually at least one Canine
-PvE Dungeons- Dual Bears (specifically Brown for condition removal)
-PvP- Dual Canines

I use the same build in SPvP, except I switch out the Axe/Warhorn for the Shortbow for the additional CC.

Dungeon Playstyle:
-Speed Rally downed players with Quickness (super important since you’re going to be one of the least likely players to drop)
-Tank/CC Foes
-Utilize Bears appropriately to distract bosses
-Provide Warhorn Buffs and remove conditions via Brown Bear
-Pop Entangle when your team is about to be overrun

SPvP Playstyle:
You have two main functions:
-Provide additional CC via Daze to ruin an enemy’s chance at healing. This takes practice.
-Backfield objective disruption. You’re tanky. Use that fact to your advantage!

General tips:
-Use Lightning Reflexes if you get stunned. Seems like a no-brainer, but you should be the one in control of the fight due to your evasion, durability, and CC. Being on your back goes against that.
-Dodge roll frequently for protection. Don’t forget to give your pet protection as well.
-Don’t back out if your health is low. Barkskin will save you, or you would have died anyway.

NOTE: This post is simply an initial set up for my Greatsword build. If you’re interested to how I’m currently set up, check out:

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/66729-how-to-be-a-great-greatsword-ranger/

Jaded [Jade] – Darkhaven Server
Jaded.boards.net – Your future home

(edited by Vecuu.2018)

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Fuuga.3287

Fuuga.3287

All for sPVP/tPVP:

Condi offense: http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fMAQNAV3fjEV91tVyVoWCimCN1f2D+7oH9F4PMqLW5kJ;TsAAzCuo8xAjAGbROfkFtwYgxeBA

Bunker: http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fMAQRBMRdG2JRFVWmFkiFgWGIaP0U/P//ws8MGloK4TC;TwAgzCmouxcj4G7Nubk3s2Ysx+j5HA (Also trying dolyak runes but I like dwayna better atm.)

Power offense: http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fMAQJAVTjAV91RWGWsWCg1DCDcwWBN5MUkxvgSWRUA;ToAA2CnoQygkAJLSOkkItwYgB (Can switch between zerker/knight/soldier ammys to get survival and damage to where you like.)

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Veros.1592

Veros.1592

sPvP build:

Short bow and Axe/Torch
30/0/30/10/0

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#Mcom0zczMNGgmMNGgMx0xa0mVqoRso

Pros:
High survivablity, decent CC capabilities, constant damage. Great fun!

Cons:
Not great burst, depends somewhat on positioning with the short bow active.

The idea is to keep up alot of dots via burning, bleed and poison. Entangle is a great CC that also applies a 20k damage bleed effect.
Using Signet of the Beastmaster adds both stability and invulnerability for finishing off wounded enemies and holding nodes for a longer time.

Weapon runes:
I use Sigil of Superior Venom for the short bow for longer poison effect.
For the axe/torch I use Sigil of Superior Doom on the axe for a transition of the poison effect, whilst on the torch i have Sigil of Superior Smoldering for longer burn effects.

Armor runes
For runes on the armor I use 4 Superior Runes of the Afflicted for longer poison and bleed durations aswell as condition damage and I also use two Superior Runes of Balthazar for a tad more power and burning duration. Amulet choice is PvP Carrion Amulet for condition damage, health and power.

Pet choice:
Lashtail Devourer for Rending Barbs, which applies a bleed effect.
Black Widow Spider for poison damage and CC aswell as Paralyzing Venom, which applies a root.

I have a great time with the build, hope you will as well!
Veros

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Sneakier.9460

Sneakier.9460

Dual Bow sPvP build
http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.6.9.10.0.0.5.33.0.0.131.144.145.138.151.2.2.6.376.385.0.394.400.402.0.0.0.425.0.0.0.0.0.20.30.5.15.0

20 MM
30 Skirmish
5 WS
15 NM

Faster utility variation
http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.6.9.10.0.0.5.33.0.0.131.144.145.138.151.2.2.6.376.385.0.394.400.402.411.0.0.425.0.0.0.0.0.20.30.10.10.0

20 MM
30 Skirmish
10 WS
10 NW

Change 1 Rune of Divinity for a +25 Vitality rune for 20k hp

Pros:
-Lots of Dodge
-2 Panic Buttons
-1 Condition removal
-Tons of tools to pick from
-Burst damage
-Amazing sustained damage
-Amazing Survival overall

Cons:
-Very squishy only having 1k toughness
-Very dodge dependent
-Very utility dependent
-If you get out played, you won’t win

Weapons:

-The Longbow aka “The Tactical Master” or “The Sniper’s Choice”

The Longbow is a long range weapon perfect for holding key positions like high ground by example.

You should always start a fight by using “Barrage” to “Cover” a tactical position, this will support your team by preventing the enemy from going that way unless they want to be crippled and be a easy target.

Hunter’s Shot is actualy the first skill to be used when actualy starting a fight, this gives Swiftness to your pet and a 10% damage boost.

Rapid Fire should always follow Hunter’s Shoot, if you find it worth it, you should use Quickning Zephyr with this combo, its a amazing burst coming from a Ranger plus your pet.

You can also use QZ with Barrage if you find that will be a key to winning the encounter.

After this or before this, use Point Blank Shot, this is a very key skill to gain vantage in a battle, use it wisely since this single skill can make the diference between a useless Longbow user and a player that changed the outcome of the fight.

In some maps like:

-Battle of Kyhlo Clock Tower and Trebuchet

-Forest of Niflhel Keep or throwing players against the Bosses

-Raid on the Capricorn throwing players into the sharks

There are more spots and creativity is the limit.

If the target gets close and personal or you are out of tools with your Longbow, change to the other weapon.

-The Shortbow aka “The Skirmisher”

The shortbow is your go to close combat weapon, perfect for close combat skirmish giving you more survival and DPS at close range.
With “Quick Draw” trait, you can easy keep you target poison all the time, this weapon is awfull at long range combat.

The Shortbow has a perfect synergy with the Longbow since both benefit from the “Quick Draw”, i use Sigil of Leeching with this weapon since i tend to use it has a Burst weapon after i get in combat.

I tend to stay with the Shortbow until i get into one of this situations:

-Am out of tools with the Shortbow

-Weapon Swap is off cd meaning that Longbow tools are also rdy( 2,3 and 4 skills)

-I could realy use Longbow skills and Shortbow doesnt fit my situation atm

Pets:

In sPvP, i tend to go for canine pets, their CC is unmatched by any other family.

KD Leap
Cripple Leap

Makes the canines perfect for the kitting/ranged machine that is the Dual bow Ranger plus, Leap is one of the best Combo finishers for melee.

-Drakehound- Imobilize on F2
-Wolf- Fear on F2
-Hyena- Dual Pet on F2

Have fun and enjoy the “Dual Bow Ranger” aka “DB Ranger” aka “2B Ranger”

Tip: Have a Warhorn in the backpack for the handy Horn buff

Gunnars Hold= Tuga Land

(edited by Sneakier.9460)

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Ghaz.9267

Ghaz.9267

This is my PvE oriented build:

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en&code=36i0007b1rgt12mcaeauu003d3j3k3sg3g4g8

10/30/30/0/0

10 MM for Steady Focus
30 SKRM for Sharpened Edges, Trapper’s Expertise, Trap Potency
30 WS for Soften the Fall, Oakheart Salve, Bark Skin

I use Troll Unguent for heal, Spike Trap, Flame Trap, and Frost Trap for utilities, and Rampage as One for Elite.

For pets I use Black Bear for aoe weakness and Carrion Devourer for a sturdy ranged pet with aoe poison.

I use Rampage as One with Carrion Devourer out and hit F2 right after. The aoe poison field that the Carrion Devourer does procs a hit of RAO’s might buff per poison tick. So I can easily get to 15+ stacks of might when using this combo quickly when fighting more than 1 mob. Spike/Frost Trap helps to keep the mobs in the poison field.

For gear I run Rampager’s and for runes I run 6/6 Runes of the Undead. I do this for the extra condition damage and toughness and the 6 piece conversion of toughness into condition damage. I plan to use the Artificer’s consumable crystal for extra condition damage from toughness. For jewelry I plan on using either Carrion or Rampagers, but probably Carrion for some Vitality.

For sigils I use Superior Sigil of Earth in my Axe and Short Bow and a Major Sigil of Earth in my Warhorn. Short Bow of course for single target and Axe/Warhorn for AoE fights.

- Ghaz, Fort Aspenwood

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

I run a 30 beastmastery tanky build and my pet rarely dies in PvE and can tank lower tier bosses in Dungeons.

I posted this elsewhere I’ll paste it here…

Close-combat Ranger

Weapon Set 1 : Sword/Axe
Weapon Set 2 : Axe/Warhorn

Preferred pets : Wolf/Cave Spider

Traits : 0/5/20/15/30
PvE Skills : Troll Unguent, Sic’ Em (optional), Quickening of Zephyr (optional), Signet of Renewal, Rampage as One
Dungeon Skills : Healing Spring, 2x Spirits/Muddy Terrain, Search and Rescue, Spirit of Nature

Armor and Accessories : Cleric’s and 6/6 Superior Runes of Lyssa
Weapons : Knight’s

My build is rather tanky and my dps unbuffed is rather low, but I’ve seen my Wolf crit pretty high with 25 stacks of Might.

This build revolves around supporting and buffing my pet while being somewhat tanky. I rarely take more than 700 damage from level 80 mobs and common group event bosses rarely hit me for more than 1800, which is good enough when I have 17k hp. I deal consistent but average damage.

I’m having mighty fun with Fortifying Bound, as it is AWESOME with might stacking from Rampage as One and Protection one dodge roll. Whirling Defense and Hunter’s Call are awesome for stacking Might, because every hit counts towards Rampage as One, so it takes ~3 seconds for my pet to reach and maintain 25 Might. you want to know how this trait works go to the GW2 wiki I’ve updated this trait page and have even added a table with condition durations.

I take Wolf and Cave Spider along with the Trait that makes their F2 Cripple.

I love the Wolf, it’s F2 is the best disengage ever and is awesome in dungeons. 30 points in Beastmastery make it hit like a truck even if slow. I like the Fear + Cripple rather than only Fear, because it gives you more control and makes chasing mobs less annoying.

The Cave Spider is ranged which is very good for event boss battles. I take Cave spider over any other spider because it has a very short recharge on it’s F2 and inflicts weakness which makes me and my pet more tanky and coupled with Protection on Dodge and Troll Unguent is OK. I’m usually tanking champions in PvE and lesser bosses. Well not exactly tanking, but once me and my pet take aggro its very hard for the mob to kill me with so much toughness and protection. Rune of Lyssa is awesome here, getting random boons on heal is superb when you already have so many boons in your kit. Fortifying Bound makes this even better, as it transfers the buffs to your pet.

I am stacking about 1000 healing power which most people think is a waste but I really like as when your DPS is low, but you are tanky it more than makes up for itself in the long run.
I’m taking Troll Unguent for the same reason, as it has 25% longer cooldown than Heal as One, but heals roughly 33% more and when you are tanky that snowballs really well.

I know my build isn’t really good, but I find it really fun to play.

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Kodo.5937

Kodo.5937

Hmm based on current builds I am seeing I may have to rethink my strategy of make it up as I go.. heh. Thanks for posting what your doing, great help for us lower level rangers.

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: libintia.7026

libintia.7026

saved for bookmark

awesome thread, thanks for posting your spec

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Mog.1589

Mog.1589

Build I run for WvW and Leveling, can be used for sPvP with some slight adjustments.

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/ranger#19|0|1242|376|1156|374|5799|0|0|0|0|30|1307|1309|1380|30|2351|1356|1381|10|2392|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|28033|28043|49957|49957|49957|49957|49957|25903|48790|0|0|0|0|

Condition Based Trap build

Summary: High survival condition based build built around traps for CC and AoE Condition damage. This build offers good mobility with Warhorn and has lots of CC potential for kiting melee and staying at range. It also makes you a lot tougher and offers great sustained condition damage.

Weapons: Shortbow & Axe/Horn
Underwater: Preferred is Speargun

Shortbow is the better 1200 ranged weapon for applying conditions and it has good CC. Axe has a bleed and CC, paired with Horn for mobility and buffs. Sword would be okay if and when A.Net fixes the #1 skill or you could use it now if you want a melee weapon equipped. You could also use Torch (for burning) if you don’t care for the mobility offered by Horn. Speargun will be your preferred underwater weapon because of the conditions it applies.

Pets: I use Lashtail and Whiptail Devourers for several reasons. They are ranged, they have a knockback, they apply conditions and they are tanky so they tend to stay alive longer then spiders. In sPvP I would use Spiders because they do more damage and pets do not die as much as in WvW or PvE.

Healing: I use healing spring because of the group regen, combo field, condition removal and it has good synergy with the Adept traits I choose in Nature Magic.

Utility Skills: As this is a trap build you will use all traps. Traps I use are Viper’s Nest for the Poison, Spike Trap for bleed/cripple, Frost Trap for the chill. I prefer Viper’s Nest over Flame Trap because of the -33% healing effectiveness. In sPvP you should swap out Frost Trap for a Stun Break of choice.

Elite Skill: I use Rampage as One in WvW for the Stability/Swiftness. It is just way to useful to help get thru zergs into a keep or to run when you need to run. Leveling I use Entagle for the CC on packs of mobs and damage. In sPvP you could use either or depending on if you want more survival or damage.

Runes: Use what you like.

Sigils: Use any of the Malice Sigils. Your choice on what you want more damage, more toughness, more vitality or more condition duration.

Accessories: Rabid

[LGN] Legion For We Are Many – a Blackgate guild

(edited by Mog.1589)

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: HappinessFactory.4910

HappinessFactory.4910

http://alfaesports.net/index.php?site=forum_topic&topic=304

Shortbow Condi with lots of survivability.

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: HappinessFactory.4910

HappinessFactory.4910

The above link seems to not be working, this one should though

http://en.gw2codex.com/build/15471-condition-shortbow-pvp

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Voxnor.1657

Voxnor.1657

Would love some feedback on this build:
0/20/30/0/20

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#Mcoc0m0zMRvgMMRvgM0Gx0GoaoRbok

The intent is three-fold:

1) Focus on high bow damage, to accommodate a Longbow/Shortbow weapon set
2) Focus on high pet survivability and damage, specifically using Drake, Feline, Devourer, and Shark pets to benefit from Rending Strikes
3) Increase personal survivability that focuses on avoidance rather than soaking (through Wilderness survivability in several ways)

Would love to get some constructive criticism on this and begin to fine tune it.

“Judge of a man by his questions rather than by his answers.” – Voltaire

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Brooksy.5039

Brooksy.5039

Hi, I am Brooksy, and this is my “Glass Cannon PvE Build” (aka the only build I really have/cared to build so far)

I realize PvE isn’t the main focus of the game really, but in any case you are looking to farm dungeons quick and easy, and for any content that may come in the future, here you go.

• Weapons: I am running Longbow with Mainhand Axe and Offhand Warhorn. We will go more into this later.
  • Traits: 30/30/0/0/10. More on this later.
  • Stats: First off, I am stacking full Precision/Power/+Crit%. Every item is upgraded with Brilliant Ruby Jewel which gives you all 3 of the previous mentioned. These are your 3 main stats for outputting damage. With my weapon set, Condition Damage is really weak, and trying to split any stat to fit in any Condition Damage will just hinder your DPS. There are a lot of buggy mechanics in this game as of right now, so to even rely on applying conditions in the first place is stress you don’t need. These 3 stats will allow you to unload HUGE auto attacks on your enemy and melt them.

Skills & Utilities: Here is a rundown of EVERY skill you will be using with my set up, and give you an explanation of why I feel these skills/utility is your best option for outputting damage. I am not going to type out what every skill does, please refer to them if you’re not 100% familiar.

-Longbow

• Long Range Shot: Your auto attack. Scales with how far away your are, pretty simple and cool. Pretty simple mechanic, but don’t always worry about being as far away at all times, it’s no big deal if you had to auto attack a mob too close to you.
  • Rapid Fire: An awesome burst ability that can rack up a huge number. Only use this when you are 100% sure you will be attacking 1 mob for the duration of your channel. This sucks to waste, so always make the best of using this.
  • Hunter’s Shot: One word; Vulnerability. 10% incoming damage is very, VERY, nice. This also helps the team out. It’s always awesome when you’re helping the team, so keep this up at ALL times. With giving your pet swiftness as well, which is minor IMO, it’s overall a very nice utility.
  • Point Blank Shot: A great ability to keep an enemy at distance to keep Long Range Shot at it’s max potential. Generally use this when you’re caught too close for comfort on a mob. Be careful using this at all times, as you may shoot a mob out of someones combo, into another wave of mobs, or generally just mess up a situation. Although this doesn’t really effect Elite mobs, it still does damage. With only 600 range, this is half of what your Hunter’s Shot, Long Range Shot, and Barrage is, so you can almost use this as a mechanic to check that you are too close or too far from a stationary target.
  • Barrage: Amazing AoE, and applies a Cripple. These synergize very well, landing your AoE and keeping them in it. You NEED to cast the full channel, or else this ability will not continue to deal damage after casting it. That is about it, use when you are clearing mass waves of mobs

-Axe/Warhorn

• Ricochet: A great way to lay down AoE. This is for when you are bursting down mass amount of mobs, there is simply no other mechanic that could be more beneficial when you are attacking more than 3 mobs. Use this with caution, as you do not want this to bounce to a mob you may have not wanted, the bounce can be very spastic at times.
  • Splitblade: This skill is meh to me, is is useful, but slightly hard to use to it’s best potential. You want to aim this down the line of more mobs. Don’t try to throw this at mobs scattered around the area and expect it to go out in the cone you were predicting. This thing is qwerky, so just find your best straight line of mobs and have at it. Will apply an so-so bleed, so it’s only more AoE, which is never bad. Also on a very short cooldown, you can spam this if you prefer.
  • Winter’s Bite: A nice kiting mechanic, dealing auto attack damage and slowing your target, along with your pet’s next attack inflicting a weakness, this is a nice utility skill. Use when needing to escape a mob or when you just need to close the gap for another cooldown.
  • Hunter’s Call: A nice single-target damaging ability with a pretty cool animation. Use this when needed to just lay down some burst onto a target. It’s like Rapid Fire in a way, but you don’t need to channel it fully. Simple skill with simple mechanic.
  • Call of the Wild: This skill is super nice. It allows you to buff all your allies with extra Crit, Power, Condition Damage, and Swiftness. You should do your best to be keeping this up as efficiently as you can. Can be use for many situations, fighting, running away, just wanting a little boost while going to your next objective, whatever. Has a pretty cool wolf animation as well. This skill is what makes your offhand Warhorn so powerful. Just like your Hunter’s Shot this skill helps the TEAM! So do that!
Representing Maguuma Server [EYO]
Cwbrooksy – Level 80 Ranger
I Am Brooksy – Mesmer – Will be 80 some day

(edited by Brooksy.5039)

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Brooksy.5039

Part 2

Okay, so let’s move on to

-Traits

We’re running 30/30/0/0/10 here. For the sake of this guide, I’m calling the traits you are forced to learn at 5, 15, and 25 “Passive Traits". I will only be describing the slotted traits I am using.

Marksmanship Tree: This tree buffs your overall power by 300 and overall condition duration by 30%. The power is nice, but the condition damage is very minor, as we aren’t going for condition damage in the first place, but I am not complaining about small benefits. Here we will go over the extra traits you pick up while leveling this tree.

• Opening Strikes(Passive): At 5,15, and 25, you receive forms of dealing an Opening Strike, this allows you to cause 5% incoming damage for 5 seconds on an opponent (Vulnerability). Much like Hunter’s Shot, this helps the team! As of right now, I do not want to go further into this mechanic, as I feel it’s too broken to discuss any further. So lets just put it this way, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t!
  • Steady Focus: 10% increased damage what? This is awesome. Given that your endurance is 100% full most of the time, this is your best bet for first slot. If you really feel you roll around too much to keep this trait consistent, I’m not sure what to tell you.
  • Eagle Eye: Forget the Harpoon Gun, this is about your Longbow increases. With Steady Focus, you’re already dealing 15% more damage with your Longbow. Long Range Shot, Hunter’s Shot, Rapid Fire, and Barrage ranges are increased from 1,200 to 1,500. That’s a pretty sweet increase. Make the most of this by letting yourself engage targets from further away and keep yourself as far as possible from fights. Overall very powerful trait.

I am obviously not finished this. There is still some more to cover. As you can see this is exploring every aspect of my playstyle, so there is a lot to type. I will finish this soon.

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Brooksy.5039

And I will probably need 1 more spot to finish this, so, reserved.

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: lazonator.2143

lazonator.2143

Build I run for WvW and Leveling, can be used for sPvP with some slight adjustments.

http://tinyurl.com/8azf9qf

Summary: High survival condition based build built around traps for CC and AoE Condition damage. This build offers good mobility with Warhorn and has lots of CC potential for kiting melee and staying at range. It also makes you a lot tougher and offers great sustained condition damage.

Shortbow is the better 1200 ranged weapon for applying conditions and it has good CC. Axe has a bleed and CC, paired with Horn for mobility and buffs. Sword would be okay if and when A.Net fixes the #1 skill or you could use it now if you want a melee weapon equipped. You could also use Torch (for burning) if you don’t care for the mobility offered by Horn. Speargun will be your preferred underwater weapon because of the conditions it applies.

Pets: I use Lashtail and Whiptail Devourers for several reasons. They are ranged, they have a knockback, they apply conditions and they are tanky so they tend to stay alive longer then spiders. In sPvP I would use Spiders because they do more damage and pets do not die as much as in WvW or PvE.

Healing: I use healing spring because of the group regen, combo field, condition removal and it has good synergy with the Adept traits I choose in Nature Magic.

Utility Skills: As this is a trap build you will use all traps. Traps I use are Viper’s Nest for the Poison, Spike Trap for bleed/cripple, Frost Trap for the chill. I prefer Viper’s Nest over Flame Trap because of the -33% healing effectiveness. In sPvP you should swap out Frost Trap for a Stun Break of choice.

Elite Skill: I use Rampage as One in WvW for the Stability/Swiftness. It is just way to useful to help get thru zergs into a keep or to run when you need to run. Leveling I use Entagle for the CC on packs of mobs and damage. In sPvP you could use either or depending on if you want more survival or damage.

Sigils: Use any of the Malice Sigils. Your choice on what you want more damage, more toughness, more vitality or more condition duration.

Mog – what item types you run with this? ie knights, rampagers, what? Looks like it could be pretty fun.

Lazonator
Representing Revel [REV] US – Blackgate

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Swain.7290

Swain.7290

Traits 30/0/20/0/20
V VIII XI in MM
VI and IX in WS
I and IX in BM

Weapons: Shortbow and Axe/warhorn
Pets: Blackwidow spider and jungle spider
Utilities: Heal as one, Lightning reflexes, Signet of the wild, quickening zephyr and rampage as one.
Armor Runes: 6Runes of melandru
Weapon Sigils: Sigil of corruption for shortbow. Superior sigil of battle for axe and sigil of the hydromancer for warhorn.
Jewlery: Pvp Carrion amulet.

Strategy: This build is all about stacking bleeds while keeping yourself and your pets safe. You have ranged pets so you have minimal risk of your pet getting killed which is really important since if you switch pets in combat you will only have 15secs between each access to quickness buff as opposed to 60secs if you let your pet die and then switch. Lightning reflexes allows for escape from stun lock combo’s and gives you endurance regen. Signet of the wild provides addition stability options if you need it so you can choose to save rampage as one or if you expect a long team fight against alot of CC you can go for a solid 30seconds of stability. Your defensive stats will be “ok”, basically high enough to give you time to react to whats going on and press on one of your “ohkitten time to gtfo” buttons. Or you could just simply dodge roll for less intense situations. Runes of melandru help manage dots and stuns for when lightning reflexs or your other anti-CC skills are on Cooldown.

In summary, this build gives you condition damage like a necro or mesmer while have all the escape options of a thief.

kawaii kawaii desu desu desu. I Am rael nihonjin nao?

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Aceris.3597

Aceris.3597

Here’s the build I’ve been using for SPvP: http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.6.10.3.0.13.1.5.0.5.132.134.301.138.152.9.3.47.377.378.383.0.0.0.410.413.417.425.0.0.0.0.0.30.0.30.10.0

I’ve really enjoyed it. The only class I have trouble killing are guardians because of the condition removal.

I stay with shortbow 90% of the time and just kite around applying poison and bleeds while my pet (I use a few different ones, haven’t found one I love yet).

The Sword/Dagger I use if I’m approached in melee and I’m out of endurance. The Sword and Dagger combo applies some good conditions while also having 2 abilities that give an evade, and another that jumps back out of melee range. Pretty nice for kiting and just keeping damage off while conditions tick down.

Highly recommend this build for SPvP, especially for 1v1 fights. Even with condition removal it’s easy to stack bleeds back up again. It’s just the guardians who have a ton of heals and condition removal that are a problem, but they can be killed pretty easily as well.

Quick note: Make sure to use “troll ungent” at the start of the fight after you get hit for the first time. This keeps you at full health for a while (pissing your opponent off), and allows it to come back off cooldown when you get to about 1/2 or 1/4 health.

Bloodgale Vanguard – www.vanguardgaming.com
Tarnished Coast
http://tl-dr.ca – Where gamers and information collide

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: delfy.6907

delfy.6907

@Mog.1589

Could you be more specific? Without a strategy it’s pointless to post a build. It isn’t like just placing some traps. And with Runes “use whatever you want”? I think it’s important to choose the right Runes which fit in a build.

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Rore.3548

Rore.3548

I had a long something something typed out, but somehow it got eaten, so I’ll paraphrase:

http://en.gw2codex.com/build/18805

Carrion shortbow (5% dmg sigil), Berserker longbow(5% dmg sigil), drakehound for PvP, Arctodus for PvE. Full rampager gear(undead sigil) / accessories.

Its a glass cannon build that does a bit of everything (except survival, don’t leave home alone). Rocking 1k condition, 64% crit, 1.8k power.

PS. Its kinda weird, but I enjoy it thoroughly.

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fMUQNAnXVnAVUFciF+VAaZAgz4QF/MaNWniRR9irSrC;TgAA1Ctoey8k4J7TunkPB

Now heres some tips.
1.Use troll heal from the time you see your foe.yes at full health.yes even though you have 25k life
2.i dont use QZ for 2 reasons:Guardians and Retaliation
3.Never,i mean NEVER use the active effect of Signet of the Wild.thats why i gave you Sickem
4.Stay close to your pet so you can remove some cond with the other Signet,thats why i use low range weapons
5.Abuse the Spirit of Nature and the rez :P dont be afraid to use it but find nice spots to summon it so they cant focus it easily
6.Use your 5 skill in axe offhand a lot.whenever its on cd
7.When you are about to finish a downed foes swap pets.the haste buff will down him instant
8.Use this haste swapping pet in casting heal and elite.Its more usefull than 5 fast hits
9.Be creative and have a keen eye

With this build you are the leader of the map..You go first (not recklesly).You defend,you roam and you dominate in 1v1.Always put attention on your kittens.Spent some time to get used of the build and practise the F2 skill of your pet.Its not totally bugged just need more attention.You can master it and do some nice moves with your pet.We Rangers are not weak,we are not need so much dev love as you may think.We are Rangers,We survive,We make the first step and the other will follow :P

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowfront.2318

shadowfront.2318

Hello all. After some 400 tournament games as ranger sitting at rank 34 ish I will give you my 2 builds for tpvp.

Tips: switch pet to wolf when downed to get a 3sec kd and fear on your target.
Change pet before it dies to maintain low cd.
Flanking is easy , just strafe in an arch.
Vs warriors, else and thieves you want to roll towards them, so you pass them and often increase gap.
Sword 2# skill can be used to jump away from target, then clear target fast turn around and use 2# again to jump further away.
Change pets after you used your f2 to gain new cc.

I firmly believe that these two builds, and variations slightly in traits, are what works only if you are serious about ranger.

Note: I run three runes of the afflicted and three of the krait to get the 2x 15% bleed duration.

On weapons I run sigil of eart on short bow, and the sigil that gives aoe slow when you switch to sword and sigil of endurance for more dodging on dagger.

People think you need to balance power and con dmg, however this is not true. As con spec you bleed targets, so you need crit and con dmg. And adding duration for both.

Having alot of tough makes you tanky vs burst as you run natures protection as well in traits. I never lose 1v1 vs thieves warriors or eles.
Simple, if they can’t hit you, you win. Having sword and dagger gives you all the dodge you need. Traps or qs gives you dmg and control.

http://www.gw2build.com/builds/simulator.php#1.6.10.3.0.13.1.5.0.5.131.134.135.144.152.4.4.1.0.0.0.392.398.401.408.414.416.426.0.0.0.0.0.0.30.30.10.0
The first one here is on traps for team fights and point defending. Traps that are ground targeting are very good as you can throw them sort of speak to land on selected area as well as providing a combo field .

Fire trap has 12 sec cd and in a condition spec gives alot of dmg.

Second version , you take quickening zephyr instead of fire trap. And pick twenty points in mm tree to get piercing shot.
This build is for catching ppl and roaming. As well as for late team fight appearance and cleaning.

(edited by shadowfront.2318)

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowfront.2318

shadowfront.2318

Seems you can’t edited your post after a while so i will reserve this one for further explanations and tips as I am on my ipad ATM making it less easy

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Mox.2861

Mox.2861

I think this is as good a spec for WvWvW as you will find. It may not be obvious that this should be so…
[It also works in sPvP, possibly better than some of the spec’s above]

Skirmishing +30, pet’s prowess,carnivorous appetite, quick draw
Wilderness Survival +10, wilderness knowledge
Beastmastery +30,speed training, mighty swap, rending attacks.

Pets: Jaguar, Snow Leopard

Skills: heal as one,quickening zephyr,signet of wild,signet of stone,entangling roots
Weapons: shortbow+longbow

Armor:toughness first! precision second [try exotic whispering armor from arah dungeon karma vendor]

Key tactics: always re-summon your pet before it dies. This is rule number one! If you do this, the pet re-summon cool-down is only 15 seconds. You get quickness every pet swap.

Pretty much use everything on cool-down; when one bow is done, switch to the other, pet functions f1 and f2 on spam. Use either longbow rapid-shot or short-bow crossfire when quickness is activated. Longbow “point blank shot” is your knockdown and mastering it is key when fighting melee. Use it to knock people out of siege weapons, use it to knock them off cliffs, use it to knock npcs out of convert circles. Knowing how to pause when using rapid shot is imporant too, let it finish! Entangling roots is important, knock down, wait a beat, then entangle. Don’t knock them down while they are entangled!

This spec requires you to use feline pets! You are spec’d into them, and it matters big time. The ‘carnivorous appetite’ trait makes them heal on critical hits; this allows them to ‘tank’ a little even though they are DPS! Don’t use bears! They suck!

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

After hitting level 71, I’ve figured out how I wanted my PvE Ranger. I stocked my Traits points earlier because I didn’t know.

I main Shortbow/Axe/Warhorn. Traits are as follow and will be when I hit 80.

Marksmanship – 20 with Steady Focus and Piecing Arrow
Skirmishing – 15 with Bleed on Crit
WS – 20 with Share Anguish and Oakland Salve
NG – 10 with Healing Spring
BM – 5 for QZ on swap

Skill bars is Healing Spring for Heal, Flame trap, QZ, and Signet of the Wild with Rampage as One for Elite. My skills allow me to stand still or flank a circle around enemies while healing myself and burning them with flame trap.
My pain focus is to kill fast. Reason why I have 5 in BM trait, for QZ on swap and I swap whenever I can on long fights.

Mainly using Shortbow, if its 1vs1 I don’t even have to move. I start off with skill 4 then 2 to cripple and poison and bleed stacking if I crit plus +10% damage from Steady Focus and Sharpen Edges major trait. This allows me to get the shortbow bleed effect no matter where I am, no need to hit from the sides or back. Once they get to me (if they get to me at all due to pet aggro) I hit skill 3 to evade or 5 to interrupt and create space and if they are still alive, my skill 3 will be recharge so I always have 100% endurance to do maximum damage. Doing it right always gives me a free evade with skill 3 and keep my endurance up at 100%. In tight spaces, rolls give you protection and swapping to Axe to kill mobs that are spread apart.

My pets are Fern hound and some type of bear for tank. Fern hound is amazing, knockdown skill to interrupt, and Fire Aura when Flame Trap activates along with F2 Might skill which works great with QZ. The bear is there to tank until I can swap back to Fern. Never let your pet die, shorter swap time = more QZ.

Traits allow me to keep my hp up, and endurance up with good survivability with condition removals from NG and WS traits.

I switch to Axe/Warhorn for movement speed and Aoe from the axe then switch back to Shortbow for Fury and Swiftness again.

With this build and style of play, I can solo events/mobs and Champions.

(edited by Himei.5379)

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Freky.1903

Freky.1903

@shadowfront what pets do you use?

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Lorelei.3918

Lorelei.3918

http://gw2.luna-atra.fr/skills_tool/?lang=en&code=3680007b1s151tmci0u0a0u3c3d44fsgrgth1

This is another 30/0/10/0/30 Beastmaster Build.

This has served me very well in sPvP so far. Like getting first place multiple times despite running on a 1.9ghz amd and integrated graphics. So yeah.

Don’t stat crit. Stat Power and vitality. Toughness too. Maybe condition damage. Opening strike gives you a psuedo crit mechanic. Your pet crits too.

So now you have tons of survivability. You get 50% more endurance + a vigor buff on a short cd. USE IT. One time I dodge tanked a whole group for a good 20 seconds by dodge rolling forward through a guy, then lightning backfliping past them when they turn around after me, then roll through them again, then roll away, then use shortbow evade, then roll, then wolf fear, on and on.

Now when you want to kill someone, open with longbow, then switch to short bow. Rotation: Barrage, weakness, knockback, rapid fire, switch, then poison arrow, cripple, and auto attack till they are dead. Be sure to circle around them as you fire to get bleeds. The reasoning is that opening strike works best with a big attack like Barrage. It will drop weakness and crits on everyone. When you kill someone be sure to switch back to longbow and drop another barrage.

Oh, and when you swap to shortbow, do a pet swap too. Use Quickness when you can, preferably with shortbow and a good flank.

Lastly, your pet is a beast. No, I mean it, pop your pet skills and watch him get 3.8k crits. Well my wolf does anyway. Switch pets often. Each fresh switch pops out a pet with 3 stacks of might, 2 secs of quickness, and a fresh skill bar…

So that’s pretty much it. Simple and powerful build. Solid single target dps through pets and quickness, and lots of aoe effect to spread the love (and conditions) around.

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Mog.1589

Hey folks I would like to present to you my Signet builds. I have run these builds with slight variations in WvW, PvE and sPvP. It is successful in all three and I will detail variations for each.

Ranger Signet Build

Power Based Build:
http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/ranger#19|0|1242|333|3875|465|1888|30|2344|826|2342|20|1307|1301|0|0|0|0|0|20|2392|2166|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|28047|28047|21055|53499|21055|21055|21055|21031|48788|0|0|0|0|

Condition BAsed Build:
http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/ranger#19|0|1242|333|3875|463|5799|30|2344|822|2342|0|0|0|0|30|2351|1356|1381|10|2392|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|28013|28043|49957|49957|49957|49957|49957|25903|48790|0|0|0|0|

Type: Signet based damage builds. You can run a Power or a Condition based build using Signets. I have linked both variations above.

Theory:

High survival or high damage based builds built around the use of the Ranger’s Signets.

The Power based build offers high damage, burst, decent CC and decent survival from lots of vitality. This build also relies on stacking a lot of Might for increased damage. It also has a higher learning curve due to use of signet actives and weapon swaping on a very frequent basis to get the most out of the Might boon.

The condition based build offers even more CC, Survival and better mobility at the cost of burst and high damage. This variant still offers good sustained damage and better AoE then the power build. The build lastly has better mobility with Warhorn then the power build.

So choose your poison wisely both work well and I have tried each and had fun with them with good results.

Weapons:

Power Build: Shortbow & Longbow w/Spear for preferred underwater
Condition Build: Shortbow & Axe/Warhorn w/Speargun for preferred underwater

Shortbow – this is the preferred weapon to use for the condition based build for applying bleeds and poison however it is also the best CC weapon the Ranger has. Consequently this is the better bow to use when skirmishing in close range of an opponent as your damage is not nerfed due to lack of distance.

Longbow – the best bow for burst damage. In the power build you want to swap to this weapon to unload a Rapid Fire or Barrage. Rapid Fire is your one source of burst and you would want to use this after getting a good chunk of might through use of the Signets, Rampage as One and Lynx Pet (stacks 5 might). Do not use the Longbow for sustained damage thru use of Long Range Shot (#1 spam) unless you have distance.

Axe/Warhorn – Best combo for mobility and damage on multiple targets as Ricochet (#1 Spam) will bounce and hit multiple targets. Axe also has a chill for CC from Winter’s Bite. Warhorn offers mobility and utility from Call of the Wild by stacking Swiftness, Might and Fury on you and your Allies. Always make good use of Hunter’s Call as well, it hits hard and fast with many crits to stack bleeds and also has a bonus effect from the graphics causing enemies to get pysch’d out.

Optional Melee - If you would like to use a melee weapon then I would suggest to replace Longbow in the Power build and Axe/Horn in the Condition build with Sword/Horn. You will gain more mobility in the Power build and additional buffs from the horn. However you lose the burst from Rapid Fire. Overall I like Sword/Horn better then Greatsword for damage and evasion tactics. Sword hits faster and almost as hard as the Greatsword. Greatsword is well rounded with good AoE but is underwhelming for damage. Beware with Sword as the #1 spam attack is bugged and locks you in place while performing the animations, so it takes very smart use to get best results atm. When A.Net fixes this then Sword will be far far better then Greatsword.

Pets: For WvW I prefer to use the Devouver pets. They are tanky, ranged, have CC and apply conditions. They are honestly the best pet imo for WvW as they stay alive the longest! For PvE you can use Bears or Devouver’s to tank mobs. In sPvP you want to use the Black Widow and Jungle Spider for the 2 second stuns, immobilizes and conditions. I do like to swap out a Spider in sPvP for a Lynx to give me 5 more stacks of might when running the Power build.

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Mog.1589

Continued from post above

Healing: I use healing spring because of the group regen, combo field, condition removal and it has good synergy with the Adept traits I choose in Nature Magic. Imo this is the only Heal any Ranger should ever use.

Utility Skills: As this is a signet build you will use all signets. Preferred Signets are as follows:

Signet of the Wild – gives more survival from passive regen and more burst from the active. I tend to use this in sPvP and PvE. CD on active is long so maybe worthwhile to forgo this in sPvP for more survival or mobility up to you really. In WvW I swap this out for Signet of the Hunt.

Signet of Renewal – removes 1 condition every 10 sec (passive) and removes all conditions from you and your allies (active). Also has a stun break on use. Mandatory signet for both builds in sPvP and WvW. I do not bother with this in PvE. I swap it out for Signet of the Hunt.

Signet of Stone – more survival from passive toughness and complete immunity from damage for 6s from the active. I use this in WvW and PvE. It is optional in sPvP depending on what you want be it more survival or more damage/burst.

Signet of the Hunt – 10% increased movement speed passive and 2 stacks of might on active use. I use this in sPvP, WvW, and PvE for the mobility. Tends to go better with the Power build and burst then condition build were you would want more survival.

Elite Skill: For the power build I use Rampage as One for the Stability/Swiftness/Might/Fury which lasts 20s. Vital for burst, finishing a opponent, running through a zerg in WvW etc…. Very awesome elite. I use Entangle in sPvP or PvE if I am running the condition build for high condition damage and CC.

Runes: For the power build you must use 6x Rune of the Adventure for the might stacking/duration incrase this is key! For the condition based build I suggest 6x Rune of the Afflicted for increased condition damage and duration of bleeds & poisons.

Sigils: For the power build you must put Sigil of Superior Battle on both bows to get might when you swap, again this is key! For the condition build you should use Sigil of Superior Agony on the Shortbow and Axe for bleed duration and Sigil of Superior Geomancy on the Warhorn.

Accessories: For the power build I use Knights Amulet & Jewel for more damage and health. I use Carrion Amulet and Jewel for the condition build.

History of use:

I am currently using the power build at max level with great success in PvE, WvW and sPvP. I have also played with the condition build in WvW, PvE and sPvP to great success. Which build to use is up to you, I like both equally and tend to switch off on them. Depends on my mood and how I want to play. Also can depend on team comp, as the Condition build could be a good node holder at near or mid. The power build is built better for damage at mid or roaming (albeit not as fast).

Strengths and Weakness:

Strenghts

Power Build
- Lots of damage both up close and sniping from afar.
- Good burst from smart use of weapon swap, sigils and pet.
- Good CC
- Good survival

Condition Build
- Decent consistent damage from conditions.
- Condition pressure!
- Fast, mobile and can kite like a mother F@#$#%
- You are a tough little son of B$%&* to kill.

Weakness
- Condition removal for the condition based build
- Both builds lack decent AoE.
- Power build can be weak against glass cannon melee.

Rotation:

Power Build:

Use of Signets, pets and weapon swap are key to stack might and keep it up. You want to be swapping ALOT. Swap to Shortbow when skirmishing at close range or to kite melee. If your safely at range use Longbow for better spam damage. If faced with a melee opponent in your face use your Shortbow to get range, swap to Longbow use Point Blank Shot to knock back then pop signets, elite then Rapid Fire shot to blow him up.

Condition Build:

Use Shortbow to kite and apply conditions. Swap to Axe when you can hit multiple opponents. Also make sure to frequently use Hunter’s Call and Call of the Wild for the buffs and damage! So you should be swapping between these weapons a lot.

Thank you for taking the time read this. Feedback and discussion are appreciated.

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Tintaglia.4762

Tintaglia.4762

posted by Mog

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/calc/ranger#19|0|1242|376|1156|374|5799|0|0|0|0|30|1307|1309|1380|30|2351|1356|1381|10|2392|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|28033|28043|49957|49957|49957|49957|49957|25903|48790|0|0|0|0|

I invite a response from Mog or anyone else with experience in a trap-based build:
I just re-specced to use this build, but just realized you didn’t take the trait for ground-targeted traps. I always thought that would be critical for a trap-based build. Do you prefer to play without that? I’d be interested in knowing your reasoning. Thanks for the great build.

(edited by Moderator)

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Mog.1589

I just checked the link to the build and it does indeed have Trapper’s Expertise which makes your traps 50% larger and use ground targeting.

The ground targeting makes the traps much much better although I do wish range was farther and the animation faster.

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Mog.1589

Mog – what item types you run with this? ie knights, rampagers, what? Looks like it could be pretty fun.

Hey man I edited the post and updated the build and included the accessories I use for sPvP. Basically you want to use accessories that stack more Condition Damage and Duration. Since this build does not go down Marksmanship you miss out on increased duration.

I highly suggest Rune of the Afflicted x6 as this will increase bleeds and poisons duration by 15% which consequently is the only condition your stacking with this build for damage.

If you do wish to use Torch instead of Warhorn then use Rune of the Nightmare which offers a 10% increase to all conditions.

I would suggest stacking Carrion if you want more survival or Rampagers for more damage.

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Tintaglia.4762

Tintaglia.4762

Thanks Mog. I must have been looking at an earlier version of your build, maybe from an older quoted post. I’m having a great time playing this, the past couple hours. And I’m newly converted to devourer pets!

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: HoneyBee.5704

HoneyBee.5704

any suggestions of sigils/armor upgrades (runes or orbs) to be used for a power, prec, crit dmg ranger?

some off topic:
still dont like the idea that we cant crit objects… or at least some dungeon boss that are defined as “objects” take CoF path 2, final boss for example…

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Mog.1589

@HoneyBee

Superior Rune of the Scholar is probably the best all out damage Rune. Beserker gear is probably the best gear/accessories for damage. This is the gear of choice for a Glass Cannon build.

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: HoneyBee.5704

HoneyBee.5704

@HoneyBee

Superior Rune of the Scholar is probably the best all out damage Rune. Beserker gear is probably the best gear/accessories for damage. This is the gear of choice for a Glass Cannon build.

Thanks will try that. was thinking of pack runes but the bug of not being able to activate it pisses me off… but doubt i’m gonna use pack runes since it applies to allies only.

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Poxxia.1547

Poxxia.1547

I wish we could have some sort of post/guide, where confirmed effective builds were posted, which was continually edited and organized. The real problem with that is however making head-lines … but roaming/defending/WvW etc. could be a start?

Not sure if this is the right place to say this, since that could be looked as a critique of this thread, which it isn’t … love this thread

@Shadowfront: Very nice builds .. trying them now, and they work very well for me.

(edited by Poxxia.1547)

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Kritter.8072

Kritter.8072

@Shadowfront Nice build tried it and was good. Have u used this also in WVW or only Tpvp? Cause i am trying to find gear with that stat to test it out.

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Robyn Yew.6072

Robyn Yew.6072

}|{Rhbyn Yew}|{ Sylvari Ranger 80
born to Isle Of Janthir

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: MeTx.6712

MeTx.6712

Ranger: My Main Man Ray

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Tracker.6483

Tracker.6483

Here’s a support build I came up with that can also bunker very well with Greatsword

Strongpoints of the build:
12 seconds of damage immunity
Multiple Condition Removals for yourself and allies
Continuous regen for yourself and allies
AoE healing with heal skill and sigil proc
More dodge rolling, vigor on heal and protection on dodge roll
Evade with auto attacks with shortened cooldown on block and stun
Fear
Stability
Damage reduction at 25% health
Decent continous AoE damage on point helps destroy enemy pets/clones/phantasms/turrets

Link won’t work unless you cut and paste into browser:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMAQFARnEV0XZWQGWwaZgY9gQ7fQtHaySn3VYUnsirsC;TkAgzCmouxcj4G7Nubk3M2A

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Linik.6014

Linik.6014

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMEQNBlODbEoKuuuytC1SQ0ekJJhJ2D+7oH9F4FkyoSBWkA;T0AAzCpoay0koJbTumkNtWYswpidFvFA

Traps build for s- and t-PvP

Traits 0/30/30/5/5

Skirmishing:
VI – 5 sec vigor when struck by critical hit. This skill saves us from burst classes (in fact it’s and additional dodge roll once in 15 sec with 5 point wilderness survival trait).
VIII and XI – Throw traps, increase trap size and caused conditions durations.

Wilderness survival:
III – For me it’s a must to have in any wilderness survival build. Anti-control once in 90 sec.
IX – Helps vs long dazes or knockdowns. You dont suffer additional direct damage during camuflage.
XI – Once in 10 sec pet takes coditions from you. Simply marvellous. He takes ALL.

Nature magic 5 and Beast mastery 5 are just great minor cheap traits.

Usage:
I usually start with axe-warhorn set.
Call of the wild – Hunter’s call – Winter’s bite.

Then I throw traps at foes. When foe steps on a spike trap it becomes immobilized for 1 sec. Traps are thrown in just the skill bar order: Spike-Flame-Viper.

If you’re close enough you can use Splitblade then switch to swortbow for additional cripple. bleed and poison.

Wanderers Corp [Winc] – Aurora Glade

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Iarkrad.8415

Iarkrad.8415

I’m too lazy to type this all out again so i’m gona copy and paste from another build thread i posted on yesterday. Enjoy or reject.

Once they fix pet condition damage (it has been brought to my attention that it is listed in the community made list of ranger bugs), i would recommend the following build
Marksmanship 20: Malicious training, spotter
Skirmishing 10: Sharpened edges
Wilderness survival 20: Expertise training, wilderness knowlage
Nature Magic 0
Beast Mastery 20: Speed training, rending attacks
Equipment: Condition damage (major), precision (minor), toughness (minor)
The real purpose of this build is to get as much condition damage as possible through. The use of precision and sharpened edges together makes up for the lack of power. In this build the pet is a major part of the condition damage, using a lynx on land or shark underwater is essential. I also recommend taking sharpen stone (which is pretty much a must for a ranger condition build anyways) and entangle (grand AoE potentially worth 170s bleed). wep sets obviously include short bow with agony or corruption sigil, runes krait, nightmare or afflicted. secondary set sword (geomancy) or ax (also geomancy) and a torch.
Yup, this is pretty much my ideal build. take it or leave it. if you want to try out some ideas of your own, GW2 Guru has a excellent build calculator.

No more non cosmetic world event rewards. We haven’t forgotten the Ancient Karka.

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrizasura.3172

Chrizasura.3172

This is my build with the longbow its use full for pve and for those who like the longbow,i finally manage to tweak a way to use the longbow to its full potential..the reason i choose the spider pet because of their immobilizing skill that is keep me save..and don’t forget to lay down traps before start of the fight..lay down the spike trap first before the frost trap because of its cool down..for those who is believe that short bow is the best weapon for the ranger..think again..enjoy my build..i hope u like it..for those who is a fan of the longbow weapon..i never switch weapon during battle because longbow is enough..unless i want to run against the group event monster..http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fMEQNBjODbEpKuOvSzC1OAsesXfAyeYojP+K0aJX6J

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: Vorkk.4927

Vorkk.4927

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/59473-ranger-pve-lirus-criticalpet-synergy-build-guide/page__st__30

Liru’s build seems like the best solution until they hopefully fix other weapons or SB nerf…

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: OrangeMarmalade.6147

OrangeMarmalade.6147

Bleed based Shortbow and Survival spec.

30 Wilderness Survival – Shared Anguish – Hide in plain sight – Empathic Bond

20 Skirmish – Pet’s prowess – Quick Draw

20 Marksman – Malicious training – Piercing arrows

Start every fight with Axe and Warhorn or have it out all the time out of combat, so you can pop Call of the wild anytime it’s off cooldown.

When seeing an enemy in the distance, use the Hunter’s Call and Call of the wild if you haven’t already, your axe should be glyphed with Superior Ice and the Warhorn should be Sigil of Rage. After that use your Winter’s bite and swap to your shortbow, start training down as you usually do, this build gives you better survivability and better abilities to counter people who get in your face.

The shortbow has sigil of superior earth on, which combined with standing behind the enemy stacking bleeds.

Lightning Reflexes, Signet of renewal, Healing spring, Quickening Zephyr and entangle.

Post Your Build Thread

in Ranger

Posted by: TehMoonRulz.7064

TehMoonRulz.7064

I really want to try this support build for WvWvW, any idea of how it fares Orr farming?