Predator's Cunning is Better Than You Think

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

It’s a base heal of 182 I believe. However, what makes the trait good is that it has no ICD and triggers per stack of poison.

Take the trap Viper’s Nest for example. Each second the trap is active, it deals 3 stacks of poison to up to 3 enemies. You will siphon health three times from each of the three enemies. 3×3 = 9, 9×182 = 1638 HP gained per second.

That is an optimistic scenario, provided we assume three targets will stay in the AoE long enough. Nonetheless, it shows it’s potential, and it works on every skill which causes poison.

Even so, if they were to rework the trait, it would be obvious to make it proc on every condition, which would necessitate a nerf to its lifesteal. Essentially, make it the opposite of the Guardian’s Altruistic Healing. This would be quite a fitting trait for the Soulbeast to have.

Stormbluff Isle

(edited by Soilder.3607)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Viper’s Nest has a target cap of 3 targets.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Soilder.3607

Viper’s Nest has a target cap of 3 targets.

Woops, correcting that now.

Stormbluff Isle

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

It’s a base heal of 182 I believe. However, what makes the trait good is that it has no ICD and triggers per stack of poison.

Take the trap Viper’s Nest for example. Each second the trap is active, it deals 3 stacks of poison to up to 5 enemies. You will siphon health three times from each of the five enemies. 3×5 = 15, 15×182 = 2730 HP gained per second.

That is an optimistic scenario, provided we assume five targets will stay in the AoE long enough. Nonetheless, it shows it’s potential, and it works on every skill which causes poison.

Then you can use Whirling Defenses to finish the poison field as well.

It’s a decent trait, but soulbeast needs another way to apply poison. Unless you build
around poison completely, it’s lacklustre and situational. Moving Fresh Reinforsement to a minor and then adding a trait that applies poison to Adept would improve the spec and give synergy imo.

in Ranger

Soilder.3607

Take the trap Viper’s Nest for example. Each second the trap is active, it deals 3 stacks of poison to up to 5 enemies. You will siphon health three times from each of the five enemies. 3×5 = 15, 15×182 = 2730 HP gained per second.

That is an optimistic scenario, provided we assume five targets will stay in the AoE long enough. Nonetheless, it shows it’s potential, and it works on every skill which causes poison.

It’s a decent trait, but soulbeast needs another way to apply poison. Unless you build
around poison completely, it’s lacklustre and situational. Moving Fresh Reinforsement to a minor and then adding a trait that applies poison to Adept would improve the spec and give synergy imo.

Honestly, I think the trait from the start should’ve worked with every condition. To compensate, Nerf it’s lifesteal by ~50%. That right there would be a kitten good trait that is super useful for condition builds and remains somewhat useful for power.

Stormbluff Isle

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

That’s actually a much better suggestion for it. Yeah, working on every condition and lowering the base heal and damage would make it much more flexible.

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Trait is horrible:

Does not scale with healing power

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

Honestly, I think the trait from the start should’ve worked with every condition. To compensate, Nerf it’s lifesteal by ~50%. That right there would be a kitten good trait that is super useful for condition builds and remains somewhat useful for power.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Parasitic_Contagion

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Trait is horrible:

Does not scale with healing power

It does, just not really well. I guess using the OP example of Viper’s Nest hitting 3 targets with all ticks (27 counts of poison applied):

0 Healing Power, 171 life leach – 4617 health
1375 Healing Power, 188 life leach – 5076 health

in Ranger

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Parasitic_Contagion

Predator’s Cunning works much better on power or even hybrid builds than Parasitic Contagion, though. Because it is ‘on application’ rather than based on your stats. That’s something I like about Soulbeast: It’s very versatile and the traits can be useful for almost any playstyle.