Predicted Change to Spirit Passives

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

id rather they totally rework the buggers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Daecollo.9578

Daecollo.9578

LOL.. you guys got BUFFED!

Hero {} Roleplayer {} Friend {} Professional Princess Saver
https://twitter.com/TalathionEQ2

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

How so? Buffed? Wut

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Mardermann.7468

Mardermann.7468

Buffed? Read the updates again… and then once again…
I read that as “not a buff” ;-)

in Ranger

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

How so? Buffed? Wut

It’s not so much a buff as it is a double edged sword. In one situation, if something unfortunately goes wrong and somebody nukes all of your spirits right after they are summoned, your recharge is going to be considerably shorter than with their previous function. So in one way it could help you, but this will punish those rangers who mindlessly run in expecting everything to just fall into place.

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

How so? Buffed? Wut

It’s not so much a buff as it is a double edged sword. In one situation, if something unfortunately goes wrong and somebody nukes all of your spirits right after they are summoned, your recharge is going to be considerably shorter than with their previous function. So in one way it could help you, but this will punish those rangers who mindlessly run in expecting everything to just fall into place.

In our previous function the pet would be resummoned and would be up for the 10 or so seconds it took for someone to AE them down again. Now any class will simply AE them all down in about 2 seconds and they’ll be gone for 30 seconds.

They’re about on part with every other pet in the game now. And by that I mean worthless. It’s fine though… we’re one step closer to have a 7 class game like ANet apparently wants.

in Ranger

Leuca.5732

How so? Buffed? Wut

In our previous function the pet would be resummoned and would be up for the 10 or so seconds it took for someone to AE them down again. Now any class will simply AE them all down in about 2 seconds and they’ll be gone for 30 seconds.

They’re about on part with every other pet in the game now. And by that I mean worthless. It’s fine though… we’re one step closer to have a 7 class game like ANet apparently wants.

In PvP? Spirits avoid damage surprisingly well if you have any field awareness. Their base health wasn’t even decreased; they are only going to die faster now if people intentionally CC them, which should be rewarded behavior.

in Ranger

Daecollo.9578

Yeah but if they CC spirits they arn’t CCing you.

in Ranger

Leuca.5732

… so?

/12chars

in Ranger

Daecollo.9578

… so?

/12chars

That means Skull Crack will CC the SPIRITS instead of you for example.

in Ranger

Posted by: Indoles.1467

Indoles.1467

So these changes didn’t make it into this patch (I figured they wouldn’t as I heard this information was “in the works”). Still, the current changes will cripple spirit rangers because I don’t think the build can bunker for a full 25s under pressure (when the spirits do go down, the ranger is highly susceptible). I’m a little shocked at the Nature Spirit buff. I understand the reasoning, and I will explain it to any who think it is a crazy strong buff below, but it isn’t that big of a buff.

So they took 60s off the cd for nature spirit, but remember the change to spirits so they go on cd after death. This means if your nature spirit never dies (lasts 60s) you still get the same cd. However, if it manages to die early, you will save those seconds you could have had it out for the cd.
Ex: Old spirit dies after 40s → 200s cd remaining.
New spirit dies after 40s → 180s cd remaining.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gatsby.7420

Gatsby.7420

Since the spiritbuffs linger on for 10-15 seconds depending on luck after spirits dead we actually lose 10-15 seconds of the actual spiritbuff uptime. Tried it out and the the cd on spirits is 10 seconds after the actual buffs gone.

(edited by Gatsby.7420)

in Ranger

Leuca.5732

… so?

/12chars

That means Skull Crack will CC the SPIRITS instead of you for example.

Skull Crack would have been wasted if you accidentally hit the spirits before; I’m not sure what your point is if you were originally addressing what I was saying.