in Ranger

Posted by: beatthedown.2651

beatthedown.2651

Forum bugggggggggggggg

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: Eggyokeo.9705

Eggyokeo.9705

I have been favoring. WS NM Druid. Staff /Axe WH and earth runes. Purging and courage sigles on both. Work well for me and good fun to play

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: Pterikdactyl.7630

Pterikdactyl.7630

I have been using jcbroe’s WS/NM/Druid variant and I absolutely love the build. I am still new to PvPing on ranger as I have mained d/p thief for most of my sPvP experience, but I am quite surprised with how much of a beating I can take, on top of being very slippery and mobile. It’s nice to able to support the group a bit as well, although I feel like my killing potential is still a bit low. I am still learning what my role is exactly, but I really love the playstyle and I love the synergy that all the traitlines have. Any more personal advice on what role the druid is best at would be much appreciated. I hadn’t ever given QZ a chance, but kitten do I love that skill now, especially when traited with WK. Love it.

(edited by Pterikdactyl.7630)

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

The role of this build relative to past seasons metabuild is completely the same. You’re “off-support,” where you have the mobility and capability to rotate the map and carry small scale fights and even large team fights, as well as win all your 1v1s. This is important because it means you can force 2 people to rotate in to you to have to deal with you, and in effect win the teamfight for your team by forcing the enemy team to have to fight outnumbered teamfights so they can deal with you.

Sword mainhand has always been used for the in and ouf of combat mobility and defensive utility. Without damage stats, the GS doesn’t have the DPS pressure nor the defensive strength to make it strong enough to compete with running sword. Higher skilled players will bait out the tiny burst you do bring with Mender stats, and take the opportunity to either reset or catch you mid aftercast on one of the abilities and light you up with a burst.

Ultimately, if your goal is to be doing big damage and bursting targets down, while whether or not that sort of build is competitively viable at a high tier is a discussion on it’s own entirely, the fact is; these builds will not make you a high damage dealer.

With this build, you are looking to outplay your enemy through superior rotation and better mechanical play than anybody who tries to fight you. Nothing should be able to kill you in a 1v1, and there really isn’t a class you shouldn’t be able to, at the very least, get a point neutralization against within a reasonable amount of time.

My personal suggestion to anybody who feels the damage is low is to first try swapping back to the Smokescale/Bristleback combo. The Bristleback damage is much scarier than the Wyvern and you can bait cooldowns and neutralize points because people kite off point and blow their defenses because of how scared they are of the Bristleback.

Beyond that, try the LB variant Frosty posted. You’ll lose your mobility and be more susceptible to getting decapped/backcapped as well as lit up in teamfights with the lesser mobility, but you do get a knockback and burst that people respect and that you can use to get that feeling of needing to deal more damage than you would otherwise with the sword setup.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: Pvt Frosty.6973

Pvt Frosty.6973

There was an expansion since you were gone, Heart of Thorns. It introduced another Trait Line-Druid which can use staff and Druid skills, I’m sure you’ve seen these. z

Another expansion is coming soon. Currently we are in a odd period where they made some changes to the traits in anticipation of the coming expansion.

It looks like you stopped reading somewhere in the middle of the thread and are looking at those three specs. Ignore that—these 2 builds are mentioned later.

If you have Heart of Thorns the following 2 builds will work.

IF you don’t you could use the same builds with Longbow/Sword Warhorn and swap out druid for BM.

Any questions, I am sure that jc and frost could fill in the gaps

JC is running
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBmYDbkQFKZx+VwhF4axykg1EAecTA4faRtp6U5ucZuSk+YA-TpxHQB+Y/BldQAS4FAQelBAwRA4bPAAA

^Support mid and back cap.

Frosty is running lb/staff (similar setup)
http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJATWjEqQJL2vCOsAXLWmEsmAwjbCA/TLqPVnKXFIzVylSD-TpxHQByrMw3eAAnZ/B/dBAS4hAAAHBAA

Just a quick addition, I only play the build you listed if I want to play longbow (which has its benefits especially if you are likely to face other druids and engis on nodes).

the more efficient is definitely sword/warhorn, i have been playing around with healing spring over troll unguent, its pretty strong and increases your teamfight presence by a TON

Just Filthy Kasuals – Bowscoooped!
YouTube / Twitch

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

Pterikdactyl.7630

The role of this build relative to past seasons metabuild is completely the same. You’re “off-support,” where you have the mobility and capability to rotate the map and carry small scale fights and even large team fights, as well as win all your 1v1s. This is important because it means you can force 2 people to rotate in to you to have to deal with you, and in effect win the teamfight for your team by forcing the enemy team to have to fight outnumbered teamfights so they can deal with you.

Sword mainhand has always been used for the in and ouf of combat mobility and defensive utility. Without damage stats, the GS doesn’t have the DPS pressure nor the defensive strength to make it strong enough to compete with running sword. Higher skilled players will bait out the tiny burst you do bring with Mender stats, and take the opportunity to either reset or catch you mid aftercast on one of the abilities and light you up with a burst.

Ultimately, if your goal is to be doing big damage and bursting targets down, while whether or not that sort of build is competitively viable at a high tier is a discussion on it’s own entirely, the fact is; these builds will not make you a high damage dealer.

With this build, you are looking to outplay your enemy through superior rotation and better mechanical play than anybody who tries to fight you. Nothing should be able to kill you in a 1v1, and there really isn’t a class you shouldn’t be able to, at the very least, get a point neutralization against within a reasonable amount of time.

My personal suggestion to anybody who feels the damage is low is to first try swapping back to the Smokescale/Bristleback combo. The Bristleback damage is much scarier than the Wyvern and you can bait cooldowns and neutralize points because people kite off point and blow their defenses because of how scared they are of the Bristleback.

Beyond that, try the LB variant Frosty posted. You’ll lose your mobility and be more susceptible to getting decapped/backcapped as well as lit up in teamfights with the lesser mobility, but you do get a knockback and burst that people respect and that you can use to get that feeling of needing to deal more damage than you would otherwise with the sword setup.

I greatly appreciate how thorough your response was for this. Seriously, thank you, it’s a great help for me.
I’m quite content with where my damage is (I’m actually surprised at how much it is able to dish out for a mender’s amulet, but this is coming from someone who plays ventari rev on occasion for fun), but my question is moreso about killing other sustain classes, like an engi for example. Should I expect to kill them? Eventually, I am sure it’s possible, but in most encounters so far, it ends up being somewhat of a stalemate with me on the upperhand, but still not able to fully down them. If on a contested node, I am usually able to provide enough pressure to force them off-point enough to decap it, and I haven’t really had much problem sitting on the node in 1v1s to hold the cap, I am just curious if I should expect more of myself. I personally don’t think I could give up the s/wh for the longbow because I love the utility the set brings so much. I will try out bristleback more though, as I am having trouble positioning the wyvern’s F2 and have had many wasted moments on that (although the retargetting tip someone mentioned has been very helpful).

Thanks again for your feedback, very nicely explained. Rotationally, I would say the biggest thing I have to get used to is when to stay in a teamfight vs when to leave to stop a backcap, for example. Playing a thief has given me pretty good map awareness, but I have caught myself rotating too much like a thief, if that makes sense.

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

So how are people dealing with no stab and all the CC flying around?

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

@Pterikdactyl.7630;

Np! Happy to help if I can.

3 common classes I don’t expect to kill (at least not in a reasonable amount of time). Scrapper, Dragonhunter (symbolic build), and Tempest. You can force them into their immunties and then at some point thy won’t be able to handle your on point pressure and can get the decap, but it’s not really reasonable to expect to be able to kill them without making mistakes. Also other Druids running similar/same builds.

So yeah, if you aren’t getting the kills against those classes/builds, that’s not really something you can do anything about. The only real thing you can do is practice pressure application so you can force them into their states that will grant you the decap asap.

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

I’m top 20 in NA and I’ve found that core ranger is a lot stronger than druid. I am able to hold up to 1v4 in ranked if I have stability/don’t have a thief spamming interrupts on me. If druid is necessary for team support, WS/NM/DR or WS/BM/DR both work well. Also, at least for solo/duo que, longbow sword/dagger is fantastic for both team fights and 1v1s. I find staff unnecessary as it is only good for CA regeneration and a small heal with the water field and 3. The pressure you are able to apply with longbow drastically overpowers staff’s dps and it lets you keep a point decapped as well.

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: Anela.3867

Anela.3867

I really appreciate all the information here. I have learned a lot. I love seeing all the different builds and the explanations for using them.

Shadowpass, what build are you using?

Thanks,

Anela

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

@shadowpass

PM the build!!

@all

Here is the problem with ranger.. SoS is required. Now with condi classes running rampant, SoR is too.

So what do you have left?

A stun breaker.

And that’s it.

Majority of ranger builds would prolly have the same utilities. I just don’t see playing plat or higher without those..

In short..

We are pigeonholed into those..

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: EnderzShadow.2506

EnderzShadow.2506

Strength of the pack is used in builds mentioned.

Shadowbane DarkAges Of Camelot WoW AION WarHammer GuildWars2

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

EnderzShadow.2506

@shadowpass

PM the build!!

@all

Here is the problem with ranger.. SoS is required. Now with condi classes running rampant, SoR is too.

A stun breaker.

And that’s it.

Majority of ranger builds would prolly have the same utilities. I just don’t see playing plat or higher without those..

In short..

Because every class has 3-5 meta builds….

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

@shadowpass

PM the build!!

@all

A stun breaker.

And that’s it.

In short..

No i mean look at this way..

I wanna theorycraft a build that is far away from the meta, if you PvP a lot, you would just have the face the fact that SoS and SoR are pretty much mandatory. It’s not bad design per se, it’s also the state of PvP.

Now if you get the Bear combo in Soulbeast, now you can free up a slot.

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: beatthedown.2651

beatthedown.2651

@shadowpass

PM the build!!

@all

A stun breaker.

And that’s it.

In short..

I wanna theorycraft a build that is far away from the meta, if you PvP a lot, you would just have the face the fact that SoS and SoR are pretty much mandatory. It’s not bad design per se, it’s also the state of PvP.

SoS will probably be a thing with SB too. Keep in mind that Defy Pain is not instacast and you can’t use it during CCs. The invuln from black bear is not too bad, but in teamfights I would rather pick the 4k aoe heal+resistance.

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: Miaz.8521

Miaz.8521

leadership rune courage/failbility on staff cleansing/purging on sd
everything else is cookiecutter as always because ranger doesn’t work without beastmastery (deadpet and long petswap) and naturemagic (boonspam) since the specialization patch it’s been a broken cookiecutter class that didn’t get fixed and instead got a healer spec that’s why soulbeast will be trash ofcourse.

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: Ashkew.6584

Ashkew.6584

@Miaz
Maybe if you send some gold to your opponent and bribe him to no kill your pet you can play without BM. But im sure u know all about bribing right?

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Strength of the pack is used in builds mentioned.

The implication was that SoTP is terrible and basically the same as having no stab.

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

The implication was that SoTP is terrible and basically the same as having no stab.

Buy the new expansion for Dolyak Stance, at special offer prices! Oh do it through my link tho you can feed me that way I stream and I have 3 gnomes in my garden to feed. My pet rock also died recently we were such good friends.

If you’re looking to use SotP you can try to pre-cast before someone on team/enemy goes down so you can rez/stomp immediately. You can also stealth up or LoS so you don’t get interrupted mid-cast. I should use it for offense more in some situations though (or just get kind of good in general).

Sometimes you can bait a Guardian down #2 if you start stomping, cancel it, use CA #5, cancel for stability, then exit CA for stealth and stomp.

I think you’d have 3 stunbreaks from SoR, QZ and F5? When I’m fooling around on Power Ranger I sometimes take LR instead of SoR.

the retargetting tip someone mentioned

This was the original tip by Wondrouswall, and I hope to see more people (including myself) get bowled over by the Electric Wyvern!

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

I’m top 20 in NA and I’ve found that core ranger is a lot stronger than druid. I am able to hold up to 1v4 in ranked if I have stability/don’t have a thief spamming interrupts on me. If druid is necessary for team support, WS/NM/DR or WS/BM/DR both work well. Also, at least for solo/duo que, longbow sword/dagger is fantastic for both team fights and 1v1s. I find staff unnecessary as it is only good for CA regeneration and a small heal with the water field and 3. The pressure you are able to apply with longbow drastically overpowers staff’s dps and it lets you keep a point decapped as well.

Don’t take me as being dismissive, but from how long I’ve known you and come across you in game, you could run anything with relative success lol xD

That said, my biggest hang up is still that Druid with Menders stalls better than it kills, and I’ve been wanting to run more damage oriented so that I can push kills better and be more independent instead of relying on teammates to actually be competent.

I’ve been back and forth about whether to run WS/NM/BM or swap out one of those for Druid, with a damage amulet. I actually find the hardest thing for me to cope with is the loss of staff, since staff is so strong to me relative to core Ranger weapons and the metagame.
It could just be that Druid has spoiled me for far too long now lol.

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

leadership rune courage/failbility on staff cleansing/purging on sd
everything else is cookiecutter as always because ranger doesn’t work without beastmastery (deadpet and long petswap) and naturemagic (boonspam) since the specialization patch it’s been a broken cookiecutter class that didn’t get fixed and instead got a healer spec that’s why soulbeast will be trash ofcourse.

How have you been dealing with the thief +1 when you’re in a fight? I ask because while personally there are bigger things to worry about, I find the thief interrupt spam to be the most annoying thing in the game that ANet refuses to fix, and the long cast times on top of people having learned all of the metabuilds tricks can make for people out playing the cast times.

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

Don’t take me as being dismissive, but from how long I’ve known you and come across you in game, you could run anything with relative success lol xD

That said, my biggest hang up is still that Druid with Menders stalls better than it kills, and I’ve been wanting to run more damage oriented so that I can push kills better and be more independent instead of relying on teammates to actually be competent.

I’ve been back and forth about whether to run WS/NM/BM or swap out one of those for Druid, with a damage amulet. I actually find the hardest thing for me to cope with is the loss of staff, since staff is so strong to me relative to core Ranger weapons and the metagame.

Thanks haha. I’ve been experimenting with a full glyph build in ranked. It actually works fairly well.

Core ranger can actually stall better than druid and get kills faster. I find druid actually very annoying to use in a 1v1 on point. Because such a big part of our sustain comes from entering and leaving Celestial Avatar, the constant stealths from Celestial Shadow make it very difficult to keep a point on your cap. Core ranger doesn’t run into this issue because the only time you need to stealth is when you’re fighting multiple people, or a class with teleports once you knock them off point. For example, a s/f DH… you knock him off point with lb 4 and stealth with lb 3 so he can’t teleport to you using Judge’s Intervention or Sword 2.

I find staff to be underwhelming. It lacks evades asides from its 3, and if you use it on point in close range, you’re left with almost nothing from the weapon asides from the immobilize to prevent a single gap closer. After that, it’s just spamming 1 and 2 for CA regen and your 5 if they are shooting you with projectiles.

You guys asked about my builds. Here they are:

Core Diviner Build (SoloQ): http://bit.ly/2xK2dWs

Core Menders Build (SoloQ/DuoQ): http://bit.ly/2eydEIq

WS/NM/DR Menders Build (SoloQ/DuoQ): http://bit.ly/2vZlYHe

WS/BM/DR Menders Build (SoloQ/DuoQ): http://bit.ly/2xJ19C1

WS/BM/DR Menders Glyph Build (Testing): http://bit.ly/2eyqVRd

• I’m currently debating whether to run “Glyph of Alignment and Lingering Light” or “Glyph of Empowerment and Grace of the Land.”

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: HeadCrowned.6834

HeadCrowned.6834

Maybe staff is not the most valuable weapon for on-point pressure, but the value of Druid these days also lies in its mobility. Staff #3 + The super speed and stealth when leaving CA can be very important and also life savers. Druid also enhances teamfights compared to core ranger I think.

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

EnderzShadow.2506

@shadowpass

PM the build!!

@all

A stun breaker.

And that’s it.

In short..

Aw, gotcha.
Theorycrafting away from the meta, yes please.

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: Furious.6015

Furious.6015

@shadowpass.4236 Thanks a ton for your builds! I really like the solo queue diviner build because of the perm swiftness uptime. I’m not exactly sure on how you can 1v4 since I can barely 1v1 but I guess it takes time, talent and experience to learn lolz.

Thanks to @Ralkuth.1456 – I kinda understand what I’m supposed to be doing with sword – the offhand dagger is just a little weird and I’m still trying to mold my playstyle from playing LB/GS Power ranger.

Any tips on what my priorities and focus should be when sPvPing? I feel that I’m really squishy when running diviner and not having the signet that makes you essentially invulnerable for 6 seconds.

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

Thanks haha. I’ve been experimenting with a full glyph build in ranked. It actually works fairly well.

Core ranger can actually stall better than druid and get kills faster. I find druid actually very annoying to use in a 1v1 on point. Because such a big part of our sustain comes from entering and leaving Celestial Avatar, the constant stealths from Celestial Shadow make it very difficult to keep a point on your cap. Core ranger doesn’t run into this issue because the only time you need to stealth is when you’re fighting multiple people, or a class with teleports once you knock them off point. For example, a s/f DH… you knock him off point with lb 4 and stealth with lb 3 so he can’t teleport to you using Judge’s Intervention or Sword 2.

I find staff to be underwhelming. It lacks evades asides from its 3, and if you use it on point in close range, you’re left with almost nothing from the weapon asides from the immobilize to prevent a single gap closer. After that, it’s just spamming 1 and 2 for CA regen and your 5 if they are shooting you with projectiles.

You guys asked about my builds. Here they are:

Core Diviner Build (SoloQ): http://bit.ly/2xK2dWs

Core Menders Build (SoloQ/DuoQ): http://bit.ly/2eydEIq

WS/NM/DR Menders Build (SoloQ/DuoQ): http://bit.ly/2vZlYHe

WS/BM/DR Menders Build (SoloQ/DuoQ): http://bit.ly/2xJ19C1

• I’m currently debating whether to run “Glyph of Alignment and Lingering Light” or “Glyph of Empowerment and Grace of the Land.”

On your Glyph build, why wilderness knowledge? So you are only getting the Cleanse on the heal since you have soften the fall trait. IS that really worth it?

Also ambidexterity, I am guessing just for the CD reductions? so I mean you are only benefiting from 50% of the trait?

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

On your Glyph build, why wilderness knowledge? So you are only getting the Cleanse on the heal since you have soften the fall trait. IS that really worth it?

Also ambidexterity, I am guessing just for the CD reductions? so I mean you are only benefiting from 50% of the trait?

I like the cooldown reduction and the additional healing from Rugged Growth. Wilderness Knowledge also gives me the condition clear and fury on pet swap with Zephyr’s Speed. Not to mention, the slow on heal is great on point. NM doesn’t really do much because you don’t have anything in the way of stacking boons meaningfully. So, the damage loss isn’t significant.

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

I just want to preface this by saying as far as this thread is concerned, this isn’t going to be some revolutionary build posting, just a refinement.

So, after stress testing some more builds, I think I’ve gotten to this version of all the builds as the one I like the best: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBmYD7kQFoWQsfFwhFgrFsMJYOVuLXmrJA84mAw/0iaTtEjnG-TphIQB+7BAsj9HAwRA4YHEg3VGwgXAAA

I’ve found this build to have the most staying power and be the most capable of killing things in an environment where you need to constantly worry about being outnumbered and surviving/winning the outnumbered fight. As well as roaming and dueling and all of the other roles/strategy discussed previously.

Note:

• I’m still deciding between battle or energy on the sword set. I don’t know that the might stacks are significant enough to run them over getting dodge energy back.

I hope you guys get some good mileage out of it, I know I’m enjoying it.

(edited by jcbroe.4329)

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

I just want to preface this by saying as far as this thread is concerned, this isn’t going to be some revolutionary build posting, just a refinement.

So, after stress testing some more builds, I think I’ve gotten to this version of all the builds as the one I like the best: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNBmYD7kQFoWQsfFwhFgrFsMJYOVuLXmrJA84mAw/0iaTtEjnG-TphIQB+7BAsj9HAwRA4YHEg3VGwgXAAA

I’ve found this build to have the most staying power and be the most capable of killing things in an environment where you need to constantly worry about being outnumbered and surviving/winning the outnumbered fight. As well as roaming and dueling and all of the other roles/strategy discussed previously.

Note:

• I’m still deciding between battle or energy on the sword set. I don’t know that the might stacks are significant enough to run them over getting dodge energy back.

Why do you recommend warhorn?

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

Pvt Frosty.6973

Note:

Sigh this has been said countless times. Warhorn is used because of the swiftness and regen it offers, the build lacks any form of those otherwise.

Note:

I have considered protect me, it is good if you fear for survival, however, the build is already ridiculously tanky, so you should only ever consider going more tanky if you are playing with ppl that you know are above your level. The quickening zephyr offers a surprising amount of kill pressure on the build in competitive play, something don’t think im willing to give up jut yet

One thing I can recommend to anyone is trying out healing spring, it makes your teamfighting massive, something noone will expect.

I realise I’m often talking about competitive while most ppl here talk solo/duo queue. In queues I have been having a ton of fun on core ranger. So much fun!

YouTube / Twitch

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

Note:

Sigh this has been said countless times. Warhorn is used because of the swiftness and regen it offers, the build lacks any form of those otherwise.

Note:

I have considered protect me, it is good if you fear for survival, however, the build is already ridiculously tanky, so you should only ever consider going more tanky if you are playing with ppl that you know are above your level. The quickening zephyr offers a surprising amount of kill pressure on the build in competitive play, something don’t think im willing to give up jut yet

One thing I can recommend to anyone is trying out healing spring, it makes your teamfighting massive, something noone will expect.

I realise I’m often talking about competitive while most ppl here talk solo/duo queue. In queues I have been having a ton of fun on core ranger. So much fun!

would you still recommend healing spring if you don’t trait for skirmishing? I feel like it’s hard to survive on a 30 sec cd heal.

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

Pvt Frosty.6973

Note:

Note:

would you still recommend healing spring if you don’t trait for skirmishing? I feel like it’s hard to survive on a 30 sec cd heal.

Yes I would, you lose a small amount of self sustain against power damage, that is true. Not nearly enough to be relevant tho

YouTube / Twitch

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

jcbroe.4329

@shadowpass;

Yeah as Frosty said it’s for the swiftness and other boons, which to me personally ends up being really valuable since I can rotate faster. I also have not missed the dagger evade as much as I figured I would.

@Frosty;

I understand what you’re saying, I just ultimately ended up making the swap because there were times when I needed the passive CA generation after I got CC’d in a +1 situation that ripped my regen and my SoR passive isn’t up.

I’m well aware that that’s a fringe case though, and I really do miss QZ, I’ve just felt Protect Me has given me more of an impact to carry games because 11 out of 10 times I’m the only thing keeping our node(s) from being lost, teamfights or otherwise.

As for Healing Spring, I’ll be the first to admit I haven’t played around with it and most other core ranger weapons/utilities in so long that they all feel foreign to me. So when I slotted Healing Spring I felt like my ability to reset with just my heal dropped so considerably that I had a hard time even trying it again, especially when I’m the only person utilizing the benefits of the field for the vast majority of my fights and matches.

I do think/agree that with a little coordination I would be more comfortable opening up my utility selection a bit. But right now I’m feeling like I have to essentially 1v5 enemy teams, so my build reflects that lol.

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

Pterikdactyl.7630

Note:

Note:

Yes I would, you lose a small amount of self sustain against power damage, that is true. Not nearly enough to be relevant tho

Have you tried Skirmishing out? After work I may play around with WS/SK/DR with Skirmishing 3,2,1. Quick Draw could make up for not having Windborne Notes, and would open up some fun combos with CA/Staff as well, and the quickness could be quite nice for pressure with the sword (and more evades). Traited Healing Spring is quite nice as well and would make up for the heals from TU, but risks being stripped since it’s regen. The long-lasting water field would be nice too, especially in tandem with Quick Draw for double blasting with CA3/Staff3/WH5. Could also work with dagger since there’d be some swiftness uptime. Not sure how I’d feel about not having Allie’s Aid and Protective Ward, but it may be worth a try.

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

StickerHappy.8052

Note:

Note:

Anyway you can link your HS build with WH?

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: voltaicbore.8012

voltaicbore.8012

Can confirm this build has been pretty phenomenal in unranked, still notching top heals despite not having the easy access to group heals via shout regens.

Still have yet to test it in ranked (gold 1/2), but I expect it to be a bit more situational this tier. I spend a lot of time on node, and sometimes for score reasons I just want to be able to LB 4 a challenger and root them off node for a bit. That being said, that’s good for 1 intentional root; I will probably not miss it as much as I fear, given the easy poison pressure.

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

Posted by: Ralkuth.1456

Ralkuth.1456

I was barely plat last season, and climbing into gold 3 from gold 2 slowly this time. (I blame work, can only squeeze out 2-3 games a day.)

Of course my opponents and I aren’t anything to write home about, but with WS/NM you can completely tank through situations (well, with a few good dodges) where you would have been downed immediately.

I also blame OP for selling Warhorn so hard, I find it increasingly difficult to put it down now.

@voltaicbore: don’t be afraid to try Ranger out in ranked, it’s definitely more powerful than last season with its improved sustain. When you decide what weapon to use (LB or S/D or S/W etc) you should think about your and their team compositions.

If you have a team with no Ele/Ranger/Engi then usually Menders + Water, S/W & Staff is best, since your team won’t be winning mid unless enemy team is worse. You’ll be stalling every 1v2, winning 2v2s, and looking for every chance after a teamfight stomp/wipe to push far. You have the mobility to do it and I doubt anything can actually kill you 1v1 in a reasonable amount of time (better players?) if all your CDs are up. Power Thief most likely can +1 you, just have to pay attention.

If there are supports on your team and not too much projectile hate on the enemy team, LB/Staff Menders can be great, just make sure you use LB to decap when the time is right.

The problem with Rangers is how popular they are in queue at the moment, so if there’s another one I usually suppose they’re Menders (when you assume, you make an ass out of u and me) and I switch to Marauder/Berzerker ammy + Ranger runes (nobody expects the Power Ranger). If nothing goes wrong (like a good D/P Thief who notices, as is usually the case…) the first half of the game will consist of you plugging people with 7-8k Rapid Fires. You’re also pretty good at disposing of Condi Thieves when you run Survival utilities.

I’m not quite sure if the unblockable effect on SotH is worth it though.

5 useless class titles
Carrying enemy team since 2012
“Multiclass implies you can actually play the class” – a certain royalty

(edited by Ralkuth.1456)

[PvP] The One Month Meta

in Ranger

shadowpass.4236

Dagger 4 can be used to get out of gravity well. Just throwin’ it out there.