Q: Would you like to have new bow models implemented, and why.

in Ranger

Posted by: kiranslee.4829

kiranslee.4829

Q:

Please write some short answer. Idea is to show anet that current modes are (if im not wrong) terrible and that we wish for some serious work on that.

Thank you.

in Ranger

Posted by: Yvilthi.5413

Yvilthi.5413

Some bow skins are very nice tough.

I now have a legionnare berserker’s lonbow and a mystic berserker’s shortbow. they are cool.
The Unicorn legendary "the dreamer = omfg-wtf /facepalm
i rather have a destroyer instead.

Yvilthi lvl 80 human Ranger
Yv Ilthi lvl 80 human Mesmer

in Ranger

Posted by: Infuser.9685

Infuser.9685

Well personaly some models are nice some are not but hey, whts ugly to someone, its beautiful for someone else.

What could be improved ( imo ) is size of longbows. I dont know for you guys but i think long bows should be LONG, and they are almost all pretty short…

If you check the pics of real long bows ( real world ) they are all almost the size of human and here they are pretty tiny.

So i guess my answer is : Yes

Sry for long answer op :P

U L L
80 lvl Norn Ranger
Seafarer’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: kiranslee.4829

kiranslee.4829

I just wanted to add what i feel to be good looking bow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lt7nELX59s

in Ranger

Posted by: Kasama.8941

Kasama.8941

You do realize that there are 53 different skins for each weapon, right?

http://donoftheslum.minus.com/me94NvrnK
http://donoftheslum.minus.com/mJ52oEMna

80 Ranger | 80 Mesmer | 80 Thief | 80 Guardian | 40 Engineer
“The learned is happy, nature to explore. The fool is happy, that he knows no more.”
-Alexander Pope

in Ranger

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

My set is Ebon Vanguard bows, which look quite big/long and amazing and look exactly the same so its like i never changed between short/long bow. i was using the glyphic set of weapon skins before which i like also, very scifi / final fantasy ish? the krytan look was also one of my favourites. They’re not bad, looks pretty nice. But if you’re looking for something flashier / more epic like the video kiran put up, not sure lol, that would feel more like a legendary.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

There are a good number of solid bows. I’m not a fan at all of the most generic bow type, and better options should be more common, but there are some fun ones out there. My Asura Thief is running with a Char-based mini-compound bow that looks really slick.

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Oldgrimm.8521

Oldgrimm.8521

just a question, where can you find the recipe for ogre longbow/shortbow, i like the skulls. thanks

in Ranger

Posted by: Graevarg.4871

Graevarg.4871

Short answer: yes, especially at the top. I transmuted my Rare Huntsman-crafted bows to look better and will not bother with Legendaries because even if I transmute them, they will still shoot flowers, rainbows, fruity pebbles cereal and whatnot. Just cannot see my 9ft Norn firing a Fischer Price bow.

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I want new legendary bows, Rangers got completely screwed there.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizzy.8293

Rizzy.8293

I want new legendary bows, Rangers got completely screwed there.

What? You have no desire to wield a pastel coloured, unicorn adorned bow that shoots rainbow farting Nyan Cat arrows on command? It’s obviously the coolest weapon in the whole wide world…

…if the game was designed for pre-schoolers and My Little Pony fans, that is.

Absolutely no desires what so ever.

in Ranger

Posted by: Luriyu.6873

Luriyu.6873

…i for one would revel in the tears or laughter coming from my enemies as they paint grass while they slowly go to sleep…

in Ranger

Posted by: NinjaKnight.1340

NinjaKnight.1340

You do realize that there are 53 different skins for each weapon, right?

http://donoftheslum.minus.com/me94NvrnK
http://donoftheslum.minus.com/mJ52oEMna

Thanks for this interesting link. Unfortunately I know that some of the models shown look horrible in game. A level 80 exotic I recently got looked like a piece of badly painted cardboard. It looked halfway decent in 2D but from an angle it was a joke. I ended up transmuting it with a lower level model.

Either they need to revamp their models or add more. Only a few bows look decent and none look amazing like in other games.

in Ranger

Posted by: MeTx.6712

MeTx.6712

I don’t know why you all are so afraid to wear a unicorn bow? Are you afraid that your friends might think you’re gay?

I think it’s way better than some 420-noscope-XxX-flame-noobpwner-bow that would a 12-yo.

It’s a humorous skin, and you guys should grow up and try not to worry what strangers on the internet think about you (they’ll most likely be jealous that you have a fakkin legendary weapon).

Ranger: My Main Man Ray

in Ranger

Posted by: Lillith.5724

Lillith.5724

I agree with Frog, I’m a female playing a female ranger and I can’t, for the life of me, imagine my battle hardened ranger wielding a…Unicorn? Flowers?
What the hell…I had all the bow skins in GW1…Rotwing…Torment…Destroyer…etc…those were the shizznitz!
I’m not too thrilled with the bow skins so far and was hoping for something truly epic! I think I’ll just pass on this one.

Signed
Disappointed

Lillith Flame – Norn Ranger
Guild Leader: Spank Reunited
Yak’s Bend Server

in Ranger

Posted by: Venom.8712

Venom.8712

I think there some really great looking bows, but the legendaries are such a disappointment. I’m not going to bother farming for one anymore because the skins for them both look horrible imo. I know the idea was to probably “think outside the box” and not just add a huge spikey looking bow, but this isn’t what I had in mind. Hopefully in the future, there will be a few more options, but as of now, I’m pretty bummed about the skins.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sashera.5843

Sashera.5843

I actually prefer the short bow legendary over the longbow, I reacon it’d be rather hillarious, not… a big fan of the nature longbow… which is a bit dissheartening ’cuz i mainly play with longbow as the ranger… so ill probably end up getting a greatsword first, probably twilight… such a sexy weapon