Rampage as one Stability

Rampage as one Stability

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

After testing the Stability in PvE currently , the stacks are all gone after 14-15secs due to the Duration of the boon.

the stacks do go upto 11 average with 30% boon duration great for gaining more stacks
“but the duration is too short” ,
when CC’ed hard all the stacks are gone after 23secs total uptime i use to have 26secs consistant.

since the last stack only lasts 4secs your still left with a 95-97sec cooldown and
6 in Naturemagic adds 1sec to the Stability duration after all the 3sec intervals only improves the stacks from 8-11.

could you please increase the duration of the base 3secs to 4secs so the 30% boon duration makes each stack of stability last 5 secs.

6.6 procs each for 4secs during the 20secs of rampage as one = 26.6secs total upkeep about the same as pre-patch (with 30% boon duration)
20 / 3 × 4 = 26.6 total upkeep stacks 8 to 11.
without

6.6 procs during the 20secs of rampage as one = 20secs stability 8stacks average.

i know anet said there will be balancing issues , though the skill does level out to be the same as pre-patch the Stacks are too short even with 30% boon duration for a Elite skill .

please ether reduce the cooldown to 100secs so we can get stability every 74secs.
or increase the upkeep duration to 4secs base.

changes below

20 / 3 × 5 = 33.3secs of total stability = 15stacks over time( i think im close to the maintained average) (with 30% boon duration)

without boon duration

20 / 3 × 4 = 26.6 (no boon duration) = 11 stacks of stability over time

oddly i need to test this other factor , I did this with a LB away from CC and it felt way too short and the stacks were ending too quickly .

and traiting for 30% boon duration doesn’t do much on a per stack basis only going 3-4secs .

cooldown reduction or stability boon duration incease to tide over for longer upkeep after the last boon interval to match the current 120sec cooldown.

feels like those points i invest in boon duration barely has any effect apart from 3 extra stacks (if i go un cc’ed)

Rampage as one Stability

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

They seem to have reduced durations for all classes, which is odd because it is arguably easier to remove stability now anyway.

For some reason anet has decided to nerf stability across the board.

Incoming new wvw meta…

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

Rampage as one Stability

in Ranger

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

Did you guys catch the tool tip part that says " You and your pet grant each other might when you attack"

Going to test to see if we got buffed.

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

(edited by Expiatus.4210)

Rampage as one Stability

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Did you guys catch the tool tip part that says " You and your pet grant each other might when you attack"

That’s been that way. Try it with marsh drakes f2

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Rampage as one Stability

in Ranger

Posted by: Expiatus.4210

Expiatus.4210

That’s been that way. Try it with marsh drakes f2

Well I feel like a noob! I’ve been playing since Beta and I’ve never noticed it. HA!

Thanks for the intel.

Anvil Rock – Out manned, out gunned and no repair costs, so Leeroy up and dive in.
See you in Tyria.

Rampage as one Stability

in Ranger

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

I think the duration will stay the same as it falls in line with other classes’ elite transformations, even if the skill in itself is different. I’d like to see a reduced cooldown though for compensation to the change. I think a 75s cooldown would be fair if it only lasts 14-15s now. That would be a 60s downtime.

I don’t think there would be much QQ with less Entangles on ranger toolbars.

Rampage as one Stability

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I think the duration will stay the same as it falls in line with other classes’ elite transformations, even if the skill in itself is different. I’d like to see a reduced cooldown though for compensation to the change. I think a 75s cooldown would be fair if it only lasts 14-15s now. That would be a 60s downtime.

Rampage as One only lasts 15s now? Good god, they better reduce the CD if they’re gonna reduce the duration by 10s…

EDIT: Got on and checked myself, the effects of the skill end at ~97 left on the CD, so if anything it actually got buffed to last an additional 3s with no boon duration.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

(edited by Durzlla.6295)

Rampage as one Stability

in Ranger

Posted by: Girion.5483

Girion.5483

The Rampage as One effect still lasts 20 seconds, as indicated.
However, with 20% boon duration, the interval durations for fury and stability are both set to 3,5s on the tooltip, with fury lasting for a total of 25 seconds and stability only 21 seconds. Does the reapplied stability get affected by boon duration? Not sure about this.

By the way, with 20% boon duration and Fortifying Bond traited, the fury on the pet lasts for a total of 50 seconds, which is a buff.

Rampage as one Stability

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

However, with 20% boon duration, the interval durations for fury and stability are both set to 3,5s on the tooltip, with fury lasting for a total of 25 seconds and stability only 21 seconds. Does the reapplied stability get affected by boon duration? Not sure about this.

By the way, with 20% boon duration and Fortifying Bond traited, the fury on the pet lasts for a total of 50 seconds, which is a buff.

the only reason stability lasts “less” time is because it stacks in intensity not duration, so the first 4s would have fallen off at the end.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Rampage as one Stability

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

that is true , a good one too well were still finding new things and how things have changed.
but stability is not shared with the pet which is still a sad affair since its now removable stacks and pets always run into CC aoes and hammers it could all well be fair if they allowed stability to be shared now.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

Rampage as one Stability

in Ranger

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Rampage as One only lasts 15s now? Good god, they better reduce the CD if they’re gonna reduce the duration by 10s…

EDIT: Got on and checked myself, the effects of the skill end at ~97 left on the CD, so if anything it actually got buffed to last an additional 3s with no boon duration.

Ah. I was just going off of what was posted in the OP. I hadn’t gotten a chance to get on and test it myself, thanks for clearing that up. Still, it would be nice to see RaO down to a 90s cooldown. I’ve always thought cooldown was too high for what it was, though the resistance to boon stripping does make it a hell of a lot more viable.

Rampage as one Stability

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Ah. I was just going off of what was posted in the OP. I hadn’t gotten a chance to get on and test it myself, thanks for clearing that up. Still, it would be nice to see RaO down to a 90s cooldown. I’ve always thought cooldown was too high for what it was, though the resistance to boon stripping does make it a hell of a lot more viable.

(quote) After testing the Stability in PvE currently , the >“stacks”< are all gone after 14-15secs due to the Duration of the boon.

test this while being CC’ed the effective duration of stability is lower but the total boon duration including all intervals = 20-26.6secs same as pre patch.

since the current boon duration is short the Stability effect is only combat effective for 14-15secs , and i did this test while playing normaly dodging Large damage and some CC’s to maintain some Stability stacks i could extend the life of the stacks.

though im getting use to it , RaO has lost a bit of its Agressiveness in terms for its ability pre-patch to dive into combat , you have to wait a little build up some stability but to so you need that extra 1sec from the boon duration , if you run it base line you’ll only ever have 3 stacks at a time .

and 3 stacks at a time , is really easy for a Team to strip you of leaving you no room For error , having to use extra evades just to hit some targets to gain might.

it really needs that extra second base line , so it can build its stability stacks in intensity so you don’t run short on stacks during the 20secs of Rampage as one.