Ranger Bug List

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: paleeshi.1924

paleeshi.1924

One bug that really bugs me (pun intended) is the auto-fire of the LongBow skill #1. I can stand at a specified range and hit a target with the #1 skill if I actively hit #1, but it will not continue with “auto-fire” afterwards, unless I move closer to the target. How much closer is not exactly clear since we have NO MEANS to discover how far away a target is(hint hint)! If I had to guess, I would say it’s around 1000 units of distance before auto-fire works.

This tells me one of two things.

One, I’m further away than 1200 “units” from the target and my use of the #1 skill should not have hit the target and I should have gotten the “out of range” notification.

Or, two, The “auto-attack” is not set to work at the maximum range and instead works at a closer distance only.

This is not just for LB but works the same with the other ranged weapons (I haven’t tested it on other classes though). I doubt it’s a bug since it’s not unique to LB. Maybe it’s a way for game to indicate that you are close to getting out of range. But it doesn’t change the fact that it’s equally annoying.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: LiDDeRz.8796

LiDDeRz.8796

Anyone else casting using skill 5 with horn and buffing allies with swiftness but you gain no speed yourself?

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: ampy.1387

ampy.1387

Another really annoying and, “gets me killed at times”, is the use of “Rapid Fire”; You cannot, for whatever reason you may have, stop the animation or change targets and use another skill UNTIL it is completed.

This one is annoying and leaves me embarrassed. At times when fighting a foe i’ll use Rapid Fire to down the enemy but the enemy is already dead yet i’m still firing 4-5 more arrows at nothing.

The only solution(s) i’ve found that work is to press “esc” or switch weapons (if cooldown is reset). The only thing with “esc” is that it opens the Options menu which sometimes kills me haha. Is there such a button that will “STOP” a skill from continuing?

Music is the Weapon of the Future.

ïryss | Engineer

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

Another really annoying and, “gets me killed at times”, is the use of “Rapid Fire”; You cannot, for whatever reason you may have, stop the animation or change targets and use another skill UNTIL it is completed.

This one is annoying and leaves me embarrassed. At times when fighting a foe i’ll use Rapid Fire to down the enemy but the enemy is already dead yet i’m still firing 4-5 more arrows at nothing.

The only solution(s) i’ve found that work is to press “esc” or switch weapons (if cooldown is reset). The only thing with “esc” is that it opens the Options menu which sometimes kills me haha. Is there such a button that will “STOP” a skill from continuing?

Or dodge roll.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: ampy.1387

ampy.1387

Or dodge roll.

True lolol but i don’t want to waste my magical dodge rolls

Music is the Weapon of the Future.

ïryss | Engineer

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Dina Van Heyr.3018

Dina Van Heyr.3018

not sure it its alerady here but targeting bug: when i swap target and activate rapid fire all my shots are going to ground and not to target, not mentioning that this skill cant be interupted by any other skill except by using evade

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Supreme.4051

Supreme.4051

‘’Lick Wounds’’

Lately this never worked for me on land.
The pet just runs up to me and stands there like kitten yeah I don’t care…
Underwater it seems to work fine.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Gallowbraid.9267

Gallowbraid.9267

‘’Lick Wounds’’

Lately this never worked for me on land.
The pet just runs up to me and stands there like kitten yeah I don’t care…
Underwater it seems to work fine.

I can’t believe after 5 months this still isn’t fixed. A lot of people, including myself, have this only working half the time. In PvP it’s worse. Seems to happen a lot on an incline.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Ruin.9261

Ruin.9261

Don’t know if anyone mentioned this before but when I use F2 and “Sick Em” F2 is interrupted by the shout and set on 3 second CD. At least that’s what happening on my Lakittenail Devourer.

(edited by Ruin.9261)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Dina Van Heyr.3018

Dina Van Heyr.3018

rangers greatsword 4 skill block, doesnt block warriors hundred of blades .. if warior hits by this atack espciecaly with swiftnes, 4th skill blocks 1st hit but rest of the hits will cut you to pieces.. not even knocking warior back ..

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: lonlon.6578

lonlon.6578

Here another bug, i couldnt find on the huge bug-list:

It’s the Crippling Talon skill of the dagger: combined with Offhand-Training trait it should have a range of 1200.

In fact the range of that skill does not even reach 900!!

>>> Here the video <<<

Please fix it!! It cant be hard to fix that eh?

Thx, Qzzz

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

Axe 2 skill refuses to fire when you have a target selected that you’re not pointed at. This makes it so that you don’t get to control the cone and place it where you like if there is a target selected that is not in front of you. (It will go on a 3 second cooldown or so, without using the skill)

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Artic Spark.2501

Artic Spark.2501

I dont know if its a bug or not but when i try to finish someone in Wv3 i swap pets while channel for zypher but it doesnt matter i cant finish fast sry for my gramma

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: WhiteAndMilky.2514

WhiteAndMilky.2514

I dont know if its a bug or not but when i try to finish someone in Wv3 i swap pets while channel for zypher but it doesnt matter i cant finish fast sry for my gramma

Switch pets before initiating the stomp move. Then it will work.

BUG: Asura axe skills 1-4 make the guild backpack disappear.

I play all the things 80. Pew Pew Pew. Killin joor commanders.
4 Warriors, 3 Rangers, 3 Mesmers, 2 Engineers, 2 Guardians, and Necro, Thf, Ele
-Beastygate Beast Milk, OG BG Veteran Native

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: jamesigall.5938

jamesigall.5938

I assume what Artic Spark is talking about is that sometimes when stomping with quickness it doesn’t actually kill them until the normal channel duration has completed, even thought you will have planted the spike in their body already – you can have spiked a guardian, be waiting for him to die, and suddenly you are knocked back and have to channel it without quickness.

Now, my bug – im not sure if this applies to all stun breakers or what, but when stunned/knocked down etc, lightning reflexes puts itself on a very short ~0.5 sec cd before it can be activated (while other abilities go on a 2-3 sec or whatever cd). Normally this isn’t a huge issue, but vs. basilisk venom gank thieves, even if im expecting the hit and ready to press LR the instant i’m stunned, it’s impossible to dodge the backstab that follows the steal. By the time LR activates, im at 4-5k hp (not a glass cannon build btw) and all they have to do is heartseeker me to death.

80 DPS War / 80 DPS Ranger / 80 Support Guard
Blacktalon
Army of Devona [AoD]

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Seraki.2753

Seraki.2753

Ive noticed recently that the pet aggro problem seems to be worse. When I noticed it this week I decided to spend some time testing it. I had pet only attack a number of mobs and waited to see what happened. Sure enough the mobs attacked the ranger first as if the initial pet attack was automatically transferring aggro to the ranger. Only after pet was able to get off notable damage to turn the mob did it gain its attention. Now if this is in a more normal situation where the ranger is actually attacking and stacking up hate numbers also imagine how this combat would go. I also noticed that pets are not able to stick with a mob while its attacking the ranger. There seems to be pauses when the pet has to change direction and thus you get a lot of space between a long bow using ranger and pet, also some mobs [like undead] run faster than the pet in combat and so while ticked off monster is closing distance between it self and ranger pet is missing its hits trying to keep up and do damage. The pet triggers attacks , mob is no longer in range and pet needs to wait for cool down to do it again. This in essence is a pet dps breaker unless your using a range damage pet. Often times I have to do odd dancing around the target to help pet close range and get attacks off. These test were done with a damage dealing cat and beast master build so IMHO this should not be happening.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Silverkung.9127

Silverkung.9127

Hornet Sting – Not roll backward when in “chaos” combat they roll on same spot when you stand.
It happen offen on WWW.
In normal or PvE or not too much chaos combat it do right.

Lightning Reflexes – Same as above not roll backward you roll on your feet and get enemy foot on da face.

Both skill Can’t garuntee100% roll backward it up to your luck.

Same fate as Lick wounds.
Player : Lick me!!
Pet : Hell no!!
Player : scream paintful of death

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Arpheus.6918

Arpheus.6918

I already posted this in Ranger forum:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Pet-bug-dead-on-F4/first#post1723737

Sometimes when I switch the pet with F4 during combat it will be be switched dead.
I don’t see a reason for this.
Example: Pet 1 is at 30% life I switch to Pet 2 and it is switched dead. Pet 2 wasn’t dead before I switched to Pet 1.

So: Pet 2 alive —> Switch to Pet 1 —> Switch back to Pet 2 (Pet 1 is still alive) —> Pet 2 is dead before it even gets hit.

This happened to me 8 times now so it definitely an issue. Happened only with cats until now, on jaguar and on snow leopard. I was either using jaguar/snow leopard combo or jaguar/riverdrake or snow leo/riverdrake when it happened.

This bug is very annoying really because switching a pet and having a dead pet is game breaking for a ranger for obvious reasons. Especially if you after 16 sec without pet you switch to another pet (if you are still alive til then) the switch has 45 sec CD (or 60 untraited).

/edit: Happened to river drake too just before. Often happens when one pet is almost dead and you switch it out – at least it seems it could be related to this

(edited by Arpheus.6918)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Wallach.7291

Wallach.7291

Edit: Found the cause of this bug and am updating accordingly:

Eagle Eye trait (20 Marksmanship) incorrectly increases the activation time of Point Blank Shot (Longbow 4 skill), from 1/2s to 3/4s.

(edited by Wallach.7291)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Arghore.8340

Arghore.8340

guess it doesn’t hurt to put this here as well. The marsh/swamp drake skin is replaced by the skin of the drake that breaths fire (can’t think of the name for the life of me). Nothing else seems buggered, but the skin replacement…

We are peace, we are war. We are how we treat each other and nothing more…
25 okt 2014 – PinkDay in LA

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

GAME BREAKING: Spirit of Nature does NOT revie fallen allies in wvw as it is supposed to. It does not do anything. Something changed in a recent patch to break it.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Binary Rain.4869

Binary Rain.4869

Ranger number 3 downed skill underwater causes the ranger to go invulnerable for the whole duration of getting up.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Arpheus.6918

Pet being dead upon pet switch still exists. It happens randomly and not very often but when it happens its devastating if you don’t have the pet at your side in a duel.
Happened in WvW a few times and it might have something to do with status being kept. You changed something that the pets remember the skill CD’s even if you switch them.
Is there maybe a mistake in the code that makes them remember being dead or something like that? Maybe if they would have dropped with that one hit and you just switch them out a second before or if the conditions on the pet kill it while not being active?
I’m really not sure what causes this problem but it is still there

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Kenny.3476

Kenny.3476

There are no points given for rezzing people with elite spirit
Nekro Mesmer always gets 10 points for it

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: WatchTheShow.7203

WatchTheShow.7203

The blue jellyfish and rainbow jellyfish ranger pets share the exact same model and texture. Not sure if bug or intentional.

Indeed they are. The Rainbow Jellyfish is a pet skin from a HoM unlocks from Guild Wars 1. They are only graphically different than their counterpart (in this case, a Blue Jellyfish).

Right, they both have the same skin, so why was this never added to the bug list? It doesn’t matter now, they’re fixing it. Thanks anyways.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: whitespirit.9734

whitespirit.9734

New entangle bug, or maybe something I missed before. Each pulse will disrupt actions . for example I tried using whirling axes after entangled and would not let me, and entangle mid swoop had me doing multiple bumps like I was continually bouncing off the roots. The swoop would not end even when tryin to spam Heal and SoS. Faced the same ranger three times. Each time none of my skills would work.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Swift.1832

Swift.1832

Anyone have this problem? After last patch. From a wall in wvw. I can’t barrage (LB 5) anymore. not even straight down.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Arpheus.6918

Pet being dead upon switch happened again three times today to me in WvW with my jaguar. It would really be great if you could fix it. I lost quite some fights because of that. 20 sec without a pet and after that 60 sec CD on the next swap is horrible for a ranger.
What makes me wonder was one time when I switched the pet to my jaguar it had only 10% life. Never had that before. And one time I was even out of fight pressing pet swap and it was summoned dead. That is really strange and this bug exists since you started remembering the CD’s on pets even after switch.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: RoterFuchs.9216

RoterFuchs.9216

Ignore this post

(edited by RoterFuchs.9216)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Aria.5940

Aria.5940

I don’t know if it’s a common issue or not, but I’ve been running with drakehound/wolf and panther/wolf for a long time and while the wolf f2 has always been a problem it’s become much worse lately. Tried all other pets and never had a problem, but the wolf does the howl less than 10% of the time when it’s ordered to.

Usually I command the wolf to howl. It goes and pounces. I command it again, it runs to my opponent and does normal attacks … I’ve taken to checking that it doesn’t get interrupted by skills but still the same thing happens. Even on rarer occations the wolf does howl animation without the actual skill (standing in the middle of 3 opponents and howling and no effect at all), again without getting interrupted. To actually get a real howl I usually end up commanding it 8-12 times.

I don’t know if it’s a common bug as said, but wolf was always my favorite pet (always ran with a wolf called Macbeth), but I’m starting to think I may need to replace it if I can’t get it to use the f2 ability. (by the 10-12’th time I press f2, it usually is already too late for the actual purpose)

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Spear skill #3 Dart actually gives your pet 4 seconds of swiftness, this isn’t even listed on the tooltip.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Redfield.6174

Redfield.6174

the #5 trait of Wilderness Survival (Pets deal extra condition damage) do not affect cats.

[BP] Necromancer
Dragonbrand Server

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: theValeyard.3690

theValeyard.3690

Wolf f2 still does not activate the vast majority of the times you press the button.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: wottfox.6549

wottfox.6549

lately i’ve been using the utility skill search and rescue and discovered that the pet doesn’t always listen to it?? i do not know whether or not this is a bug although it would fantastic if that could get a fix

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: awge.3852

awge.3852

When using search and rescue, the pet will not resurrect downed players who are in range as long as the pet is on passive mode. This is counter intuitive, especially because you have a long cool down from the skill and the pet did absolutely nothing, which is a waste of utility. Furthermore, even if a pet successfully responds to the command, why the long cool down if a player resurrects prior to the pet getting to the downed player? Wouldn’t it be more prudent to have the long cool down if the pet lands at the very least 1 health from a resurrection attempt?

Mon Fils — Favorable Winds [Wind] — Blackgate
Ranger’s guide to PvP/WvW: http://tinyurl.com/oht3e9z

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Aethersong.5189

Aethersong.5189

Not sure if this has been written again, but HoM pet stats are broken once again after the last Ranger patch. Hopefully they can be fixed faster than 7 months this time!

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: xHoudinix.4523

xHoudinix.4523

I’m also noticing whenever I use the skill lighting reflexes, or any weapon skill that breaks stun or lock, it doesn’t seem to work about 75% of the time, I can notice when I get locked again but when its just a one lock, I can activate all my skills but won’t break the stun or lock. You’ll just do the animation and maybe dodge an attack, thats it. Still rooted to the spot for another 5-7 secs.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

I don’t know if this has been written yet, but the master minor trait in Wilderness Survival, Companion’s Defense doesn’t seem to be working right. The ranger and the pet are both supposed to get 2 secs of protection on dodge roll but sometimes it just doesn’t happen. There is no cooldown on this skill, and i tried it out of combat and in combat too, sometimes i get the protection, sometimes i don’t – i have no idea now what it depends on so i’m assuming it’s bugged. Anyone else have this problem…?

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Thank you for no countable fixes in this patch! -.-’

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

In TPvP, QZ+Stomp doesn’t work anymore… Not sure if I’m the only one but I can’t stomp while under QZ from my pet….

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: awe extender.1908

awe extender.1908

About Master’s Bond

If land and water pets are the same, The stacks from The trait should NOT reset when going from land to water or vice versa. Please fix this!

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

You can’t even use longbow on the clffside fractal. I’m not joking: every single attack bugs out and goes invulnerable. So if you can hit a harpy with bow but a harpy can’t hit you: invuln. This triggers the bug.

Even if you close the gap so you are in range of harpies attacks: invuln. Invuln invuln. On every arrow invuln

What the is the point of having 1500 range on longbow if you can’t even use it on cliffside? And now they want us to use longbow more? Fix longbow bugs!

Ya! Memser can feedback 1 shot a mob, guardian can spam stability, warrior does massive group buffs, but a ranger actually making use of eagle eye? That’s OP we can’t have that. The harpy fractal is kitten enough, guys. Fix it.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Zorak.1254

Zorak.1254

Is it just me or NONE of the conditions applied from pets show their “ticks”. This is a huge bug and should be fixed immediately.

Ehmry Bay

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Xhyros.1340

Xhyros.1340

Superior Rune of Soldier does not affect allies, just you and your pet.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: losmuertes.7285

losmuertes.7285

The new skill spotter says it increases precision by 150 in the trait line but it still only increases by 70 and says 70 when in combat.

You know you are getting old when you enjoy remembering things more than doing them.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Faithless.5810

Faithless.5810

Amazing Thread, this last patch has nerfed ranger into the ground. I’m a 100% spvper, and I will not log back into PVP to play with the current state of affairs. You just destroyed Ranger. You have 50% of abilities that don’t work, when triggered, and then the pet, that doesn’t do what you want it to, no control over, super-simplistic and broken AI. Pet traits/spec/abilities are absolutely ****ing useless and garbage.
Condition removal is triggering less than 60% of the time. What use is this ability when it DOESNT WORK ?

Thanks for killing pvp on ranger. (SpVp) Not surprised wvw guild have been asking their rangers to play other toons cause we got nerfed so bad its like a permanent handicap.
Thank you arenanet for killing S PVP for myself and all the others who play ranger 100% in pvp.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Evasive purity is bugged doesn’t remove blind/poison that it’s supposed to.

All is vain.

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: bezim bezec.8635

bezim bezec.8635

Evasive purity is bugged doesn’t remove blind/poison that it’s supposed to.

It does remove blind and poison but if you dodge without those conditions on you then the 10s cooldown is still applied. So ofc dodging again wont remove any conditions

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: Hax.8701

Hax.8701

Stalker’s Strike startup lag while in combat. When I’m just running around and use #4 it starts immediately, but when I’m in combat and use #4 it takes a bit before I start to roll. I just sit there for a tad and then I go. This may seem small but it is a real pain when I’m trying to do a move at a specific time, and it just sits me there.

[Bae] Baewatch
Hax Shot
DH

Ranger Bug List

in Ranger

Posted by: LeX.9526

LeX.9526

can anyone confirm if the trait from ranger in Marksmanship (Spotter-VII) is bugged ?
reason is that i never see it above 70, i have same problem on guardian (toughness up to 150, but i never see it above 70) even if i am in lvl 80 map or dungeon, can please anyone explain