Ranger Game Update Notes - October 15, 2013

in Ranger

Posted by: Anjo.3170

Anjo.3170

Ranger
•Nature’s Voice: This trait no longer carries the effects of Evasive Purity as well as the on-shout swiftness and regeneration.
•Soften the Fall: Increased the number of maximum targets from 3 to 5.
•Barrage: This skill will no longer have reduced condition duration when traited with Eagle Eye.
•Companion’s Defense: Protection is now applied to the ranger at the end of the dodge-roll, while the ranger’s pet gains it at the beginning of the dodge-roll.
•Spike Trap: This skill’s tooltip now appropriately displays when Trapper’s Expertise is equipped. Updated the skill tooltips to include the immobilize condition that occurs.
•Healing Spring: Reduced the field duration to 10 seconds. It now pulses every 2 seconds instead of 3, so it will still provide the same amount of regeneration and condition removal, just in a more condensed time frame.
•Vigorous Renewal: This trait now grants vigor to the ranger and nearby allies when the Healing Spring skill is cast and not on every pulse.
•Maul: Damage for this skill has been increased by 7%. Vulnerability has been increased from 3 stacks to 5 stacks, and the duration has been increased from 6 seconds to 8 seconds.
•Muddy Terrain: The maximum number of targets for this skill has been increased from 3 to 5.
•“Sic ’Em”: This shout now applies 4 seconds of revealed on the targeted enemy. Updated the range skill fact to 2000 to match the maximum usable distance of this skill.
•Intimidation Training: This trait now has an attack that cripples enemies (600 radius), instead of directly applying cripple to enemies around the area.
•Vigorous Training: This trait now grants 5 seconds of vigor to nearby allies (600 radius) when swapping any pet type in combat.
•Shout Master: This trait now properly reduces Search and Rescue’s cooldown while in PvP.
Ranger Pets •Juvenile Jungle Stalker •Mighty Roar: Increased the might duration from 10 seconds to 15 seconds. Reduced the recharge from 30 seconds to 25 seconds.

•Juvenile Brown Bear •Shake It Off: This skill will now remove two conditions from nearby allies.

•Juvenile Black Bear •Enfeebling Roar: Reduced the recharge from 45 seconds to 40 seconds.

•Juvenile Blue Moa •Protecting Screech: Reduced the recharge from 40 seconds to 30 seconds.

•Juvenile Red Moa •Furious Screech: Reduced the recharge from 30 seconds to 25 seconds.

•Juvenile Cave Spider •Weakening Venom: Increased the vulnerability from 1 stack for 5 seconds to 3 stacks for 10 seconds.

•Juvenile Fern Hound •Regenerate: This will now also heal nearby allies for 1000 base and up to 1350 when traited with Compassion Training.

•Juvenile Hawk •Lacerating Slash: Hawk and Eagle now have separate cooldowns for this skill.

•Juvenile Lynx •Rending Pounce: This skill’s tooltip now displays the correct amount of bleeding applied.

Racial:
•Human
•Prayer to Dwayna: This skill now functions with the ranger trait Vigorous Renewal

(edited by Anjo.3170)

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Just as i thought…Nothing

in Ranger

Posted by: Zetus.1476

Zetus.1476

Ranger
•Nature’s Voice: This trait no longer carries the effects of Evasive Purity as well as the on-shout swiftness and regeneration.
•Soften the Fall: Increased the number of maximum targets from 3 to 5.
•Barrage: This skill will no longer have reduced condition duration when traited with Eagle Eye.
•Companion’s Defense: Protection is now applied to the ranger at the end of the dodge-roll, while the ranger’s pet gains it at the beginning of the dodge-roll.
•Spike Trap: This skill’s tooltip now appropriately displays when Trapper’s Expertise is equipped. Updated the skill tooltips to include the immobilize condition that occurs.
•Healing Spring: Reduced the field duration to 10 seconds. It now pulses every 2 seconds instead of 3, so it will still provide the same amount of regeneration and condition removal, just in a more condensed time frame.
•Vigorous Renewal: This trait now grants vigor to the ranger and nearby allies when the Healing Spring skill is cast and not on every pulse.
•Maul: Damage for this skill has been increased by 7%. Vulnerability has been increased from 3 stacks to 5 stacks, and the duration has been increased from 6 seconds to 8 seconds.
•Muddy Terrain: The maximum number of targets for this skill has been increased from 3 to 5.
•“Sic ’Em”: This shout now applies 4 seconds of revealed on the targeted enemy. Updated the range skill fact to 2000 to match the maximum usable distance of this skill.
•Intimidation Training: This trait now has an attack that cripples enemies (600 radius), instead of directly applying cripple to enemies around the area.
•Vigorous Training: This trait now grants 5 seconds of vigor to nearby allies (600 radius) when swapping any pet type in combat.
•Shout Master: This trait now properly reduces Search and Rescue’s cooldown while in PvP.
Ranger Pets •Juvenile Jungle Stalker •Mighty Roar: Increased the might duration from 10 seconds to 15 seconds. Reduced the recharge from 30 seconds to 25 seconds.

•Juvenile Brown Bear •Shake It Off: This skill will now remove two conditions from nearby allies.

•Juvenile Black Bear •Enfeebling Roar: Reduced the recharge from 45 seconds to 40 seconds.

•Juvenile Blue Moa •Protecting Screech: Reduced the recharge from 40 seconds to 30 seconds.

•Juvenile Red Moa •Furious Screech: Reduced the recharge from 30 seconds to 25 seconds.

•Juvenile Cave Spider •Weakening Venom: Increased the vulnerability from 1 stack for 5 seconds to 3 stacks for 10 seconds.

•Juvenile Fern Hound •Regenerate: This will now also heal nearby allies for 1000 base and up to 1350 when traited with Compassion Training.

•Juvenile Hawk •Lacerating Slash: Hawk and Eagle now have separate cooldowns for this skill.

•Juvenile Lynx •Rending Pounce: This skill’s tooltip now displays the correct amount of bleeding applied.

This doesn’t change anything.

Honestly I expected much more for a patch that was hyped up for such an extended period of time.

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

yep, a whole bunch of nothing. definitely will not be reinstalling the game for this. see you guys again in a couple of months maybe.

the “pet improvements” are laughable at best. i had some hopes for that, but i guess i forgot i was dealing with Arena Net.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cufufalating.8479

Cufufalating.8479

I havent been playing GW much recently.. was hoping this patch might mix things up a little to give me something new to fiddle with, but honestly there is nothing even slightly interesting there.

A few minor buffs but nothing that would, to my mind, actually make me want to change a build or make a new one. Pretty disappointing for such a hyped up patch.

Cufufalating – Ranger / Part-Time Mesmer
Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: mzt.3270

mzt.3270

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Well all I have to say is, they wont be getting my gem store purchases till things improve.

Happiness is finding an Omnomberry in your Grumble Cake

(edited by mzt.3270)

in Ranger

Dardamaniac.1295

We have waited for 4 months to get this..I mean this….This is what we get for waiting for 4 months….
Ok guys nothing to do here, move on

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

<Insert sarcastic remark here>
All is vain.

in Ranger

Dardamaniac.1295

Juvenile Brown Bear •Shake It Off: This skill will now remove two conditions from nearby allies.
This is the best…i loled hard…..JSharp admitted that Brown Bear had a bad F2……Good job dude, you fixed it now….Imagine what would happened if it removed 3 conditions?Thank God you did a great job and you didnt broke the game………….

in Ranger

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Did you honestly expect anything better from Anet? this is business as usual. Though they’re a step up from Trion with Defiance, so that tells you something. x.x

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Only things I see are Maul buff, Healing Spring buff or nef, how you take it, and Sic ’Em change. And the unmentioned pet health buff.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

lol that “preview” was the almost the entirety of the Ranger notes section. What weapon changes? lol. Good thing BF4 is coming later this month.

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

NOOOOO vigorous renewal + healing spring no longer pulses vigor

But this:

Might come handy for BM builds

in Ranger

Dardamaniac.1295

And again the leaked notes were true..

in Ranger

Posted by: Ysuera Kypheni.5632

Ysuera Kypheni.5632

That’s all? That’s all for rangers? I wanted to fire up GW2 tonight, but nahhh…

The good news is that Elder Scrolls Online comes in a few month’s time (2014 Q1), and that’s for sure I won’t level up an other character here.

(edited by Ysuera Kypheni.5632)

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

lol that “preview” was the almost the entirety of the Ranger notes section. What weapon changes? lol. Good thing BF4 is coming later this month.

amen brother. been playing dota2 and eve myself. upcoming bf4 and x-rebirth, in addition to the new eve expansion in november will basically make me forget about gw2 for a loooong time.

in Ranger

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

nothing good………

PD:they said something about ranger weapons rework but…

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

Well, who can blame them. Think about all the time they spend perfecting warrior and guardian so it’s quite logical they don’t have time to tinker around with the lesser professions.

All is vain.

in Ranger

Posted by: Elenire.7306

Elenire.7306

Can you all clarify something for me:

All player-controlled minions, excluding mesmer phantasms and clones because they were already increased in a previous patch, now have 71.43% more hit points in PvE maps.

Does this indeed include ranger pets and they’re pets ant not really minions? Always thought there was a difference between pets and minions.

Elenire Manyshot – Dragonbrand Ranger
Band of Exiles [BoE]

in Ranger

Posted by: Bri.8354

Bri.8354

Overall I’m happy with these changes, but I really wonder why these balance updates are so few and lacking. At this rate its going to be years before the ranger is in a close to acceptable state.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mardermann.7468

Mardermann.7468

Exactly as I thought…
Well – I am out of here… thanks for the fish
I am going to play Torchlight 2
There the pets actually make sense and are fun
(and you can have a honeybadger – you know you want to have a honeybadger too… ) ;-)

in Ranger

Posted by: mzt.3270

mzt.3270

Well, who can blame them. Think about all the time they spend perfecting warrior and guardian so it’s quite logical they don’t have time to tinker around with the lesser professions.

The difference between running a business and a hobby. Seems they have the priorities wrong no?
Pets?? Miley Cyrus’s foam finger does more damage than pets.
Elder Scrolls online… here we come.

Happiness is finding an Omnomberry in your Grumble Cake

(edited by mzt.3270)

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Weapon changes, as expected.
LB seems cool, L2P if you cannot stay at 1000+ to do any damage. Better learn to roll.
To reroll

Ah, two cool things. Muddy Terrain got welcomed fix, although small radius stays.
Biggest of all, Runes of Speed are fixed now which means that we can free up one utility slot from useless signet and bring something more worthy!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Posted by: Burnfall.9573

Burnfall.9573

Not Impressed..

Time to return to my coffin again.

Ranger_

Advocate of Justice, Liberty and Truth

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

So it turns out the sneak peak was all the Ranger class was going to get with the exception of a handful of mediocre pet enhancements that don’t address the problems with the pet.

3 months of nothing for…nothing. Oh well, always next month. When’s the next MMO come out with a Ranger class? ESO should be out soon, right?

in Ranger

ChillyChinaman.6057

nothing good………

PD:they said something about ranger weapons rework but…

I just remembered, they buffed OUR conjures, so they really did buff our weapons. Too bad they didn’t add anything to FGS

in Ranger

Posted by: Mardermann.7468

Mardermann.7468

I am right there with you Atherakhia …. right next to you…

in Ranger

Posted by: Sontor.6314

Sontor.6314

After reading the notes for the third time now:

I am greatly disappointed. I was looking forward to this patch since weeks. And yet nothing. No words.

I never blamed the Devs for anything here, but let me point out this question to the guys:

Do you – as gamers and Devs – really believe that this patch is changing anything at all?

in Ranger

Dardamaniac.1295

Guys 4 months…They had 4 months to deliver us some nice balance changes, some nice improvements….They spent 4 months thinking that Maul needs 7% more dmg…..Are we serious here?Cause i believe that someone is joking…It cant be true

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

these big balance patches are always a joke though. we keep hoping and giving them chances, and hoping and hoping. but im happy to say that i definitely saw this one coming and did not reinstall the game. been gone for about a month now and likely wont ever come back to gw2 as im busy playing better PVP games. i might come back if they employ some devs who actually play their game and know what’s going on in pvp.

in Ranger

Posted by: Viccenator.8503

Viccenator.8503

After I read the patch note, I wanted to at least try it out, but it seems Vigorous Training isn’t even working as it should be … Or am I using it wrong?

in Ranger

Posted by: TaiLang.5162

TaiLang.5162

The patch preview change log seems kinda meh, anyone knows when the full change log will be posted?

That could be a legit question.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

It’s hard to get excited about this patch, I agree. Hopefully there’s some stealth changes in our favor.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

After I read the patch note, I wanted to at least try it out, but it seems Vigorous Training isn’t even working as it should be … Or am I using it wrong?

Are you in combat? LOLLLLLLLL sorry just reminded me of the patch preview

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

Indeed you must be in combat. By the way, anyone know where companion’s defense is?

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

So sword now says, “removes bleeding” on slash, has that always been there?

in Ranger

Posted by: kreios.7108

kreios.7108

gj anet realy! where did u find a so smart an prepaired balance teem? hahahaha

in Ranger

Posted by: Daze.6914

Daze.6914

Yeah this is rather deluding.The brown bear skill is a nerf or a buff, what did it do before?

War Inc. Community [WIC]
Far Shiverpeaks
GW2 WvW - GW2 Gem Price

in Ranger

Posted by: Hepatolith.6389

Hepatolith.6389

Yeah this is rather deluding.The brown bear skill is a nerf or a buff, what did it do before?

They just doubled its effectiveness. its still bad

Cayline Oakheart, Ranger – Drakkar Lake
Covenant of Bloodthirst [IvsI],
Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: Miflett.3472

Miflett.3472

Glad to see that we got some very much needed weapon updates like improving overall flow of our sword and general ranged bow love; not to mention those MM trait consolidations.

Oh…

Leader of Grim Omen [GO]

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

Guys, on a side note

thieves jus got insanely nerfed to their SE trait from removing conditions to an ICD of 10seconds and we can also reveal them now for 4s on shout… I want to see every ranger perform their rightful duty and own the kitten out of thieves asap.

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

They just doubled its effectiveness. its still bad

because the bear does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING else. no dps, no CC, nothing. it just has this F2, which is basically useless in the condi heavy meta.

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Its an underwhelming patch overall. The pet health buff is nice for dungeons and such, though for me personally its a bit overkill as my pet could already tank like mad with my build. Everything else is meh or a nerf, at least to me as a PvE player.

I can’t say I’m upset with the patch, though. The one thing I really didn’t want to happen (Companion’s Defense being usable as a pseudo-dodge for your pet by applying Protection when you dodge) was thankfully fixed before it even happened by applying Protection post-dodge only for the player, while the pet still gets it on activation. I was all prepared to be angry about that change, and that alone pleasantly surprises me enough that I’m actually fine with the patch.

in Ranger

Posted by: Peter.9406

Peter.9406

AWESOME PATCH! I am happy with the results; good job ANet.

in Ranger

ChillyChinaman.6057

Its an underwhelming patch overall. The pet health buff is nice for dungeons and such, though for me personally its a bit overkill as my pet could already tank like mad with my build. Everything else is meh or a nerf, at least to me as a PvE player.

I can’t say I’m upset with the patch, though. The one thing I really didn’t want to happen (Companion’s Defense being usable as a pseudo-dodge for your pet by applying Protection when you dodge) was thankfully fixed before it even happened by applying Protection post-dodge only for the player, while the pet still gets it on activation. I was all prepared to be angry about that change, and that alone pleasantly surprises me enough that I’m actually fine with the patch.

Ya didn’t use Healing Spring/Vigor did ya?

in Ranger

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Quit playing Ranger when SB was nerfed to 900 range.

Nothing in those patch notes would make me want to play Ranger again…

Enjoying other character classes anyway, so who cares about Ranger…

in Ranger

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

I was hoping this patch would give me a reason to play my ranger, but I see they havent fixed anything.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Ranger

Posted by: Arpheus.6918

Arpheus.6918

The notes are not too bad but I’m really sad about one thing:

“Pet HP split between PvE and PvP
We wanted to make pets and summons more viable in PvE/WvW while making sure they didn’t become too strong in PvP.”
Quote from https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/October-15th-balance-skills-updates-preview

I just tested WvW HP from the pets and it seems they were not buffed for WvW at all. This buff was asked for zerg fights but they just changed their mind and gave the buff only for pve as it seems

in Ranger

Posted by: Viccenator.8503

Viccenator.8503

Indeed you must be in combat. By the way, anyone know where companion’s defense is?

No no no, I tested it while I was in combat Or a lvl 2 Green Moa doesn’t count as “in combat”, then sorry my fault :P

in Ranger

ChillyChinaman.6057

The notes are not too bad but I’m really sad about one thing:

“Pet HP split between PvE and PvP
We wanted to make pets and summons more viable in PvE/WvW while making sure they didn’t become too strong in PvP.”
Quote from https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/October-15th-balance-skills-updates-preview

I just tested WvW HP from the pets and it seems they were not buffed for WvW at all. This buff was asked for zerg fights but they just changed their mind and gave the buff only for pve as it seems

Aren’t they the same though? I can see one of two possibilities. They didn’t change HP at all, or they made a third split for WvW. Knowing ANet’s track record for taking the easy route, I say it’s probably the former.