Ranger Game Update Notes - October 15, 2013

in Ranger

Posted by: dasaybz.9524

dasaybz.9524

From reading the other boards, it seems like all the other classes are kitten ed off with their re-balance as well. Take it with a grain of salt. These aren’t the greatest changes for rangers, but don’t think that everyone else got this amazing patch, while we got shafted (yet again).

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Bears are basically for when you want to solo a champion or snooze through open world PvE. I don’t think there’s much reason to bring them into dungeons or PvP but I wouldn’t be surprised if some weird meta popped up where they are OP in one of those metas.

At least they considered the ramifications of the protection on dodge roll change and accounted for the pet. We know they read the forums sometimes.

I maintain that Healing Spring is a PvE nerf. It’s sad to see such a great tool lost because of an sPvP meta. The vigor change seems unnecessary and mostly designed to force the pet swap trait instead. That’s so kittenty.

Token buffs on pet F2 skills shows a really shallow look at the class. I didn’t have high hopes for this patch but I was expecting something more than shaving a few seconds off of their cooldowns. I can’t express enough how disappointing the pet “support” changes are. The only one that looks halfway decent is the fern hound.

I flat out don’t understand the Juvenile Hawk change. What is that supposed to accomplish?

It’s hard to criticize or praise this patch because despite all the text in the ranger section, most of these changes seem trivial.

Another sPvP patch that sticks its head in the sand when it comes to ranger issues in PvE. Spirits need a redesign, not 71% more health.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zetus.1476

Zetus.1476

So sword now says, “removes bleeding” on slash, has that always been there?

I don’t remember this ever being there.

Hidden buff?

in Ranger

Posted by: Arpheus.6918

Arpheus.6918

Yes overall our changes are nice even though I really hoped for more. We got no major nerfs but quite some quality of life improvements. The red moa is pretty good now. 15 sec fury on 25 sec CD. If you take the -20% F2 CD or the trait with more boon duration on pets you can have a pretty good fury uptime only from this pet.
What I would have hoped for the moas was that they would increase the heal radius to 600.
But overall a nice patch. Can someone confirm my observation with the pet HP in WvW? I let a mob shoot at my drake and he did around 21k dmg until the pet was dead. The drakes have 22k HP so I would pretty sure have seen a change of +71% HP.

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

After I read the patch note, I wanted to at least try it out, but it seems Vigorous Training isn’t even working as it should be … Or am I using it wrong?

Are you in combat? LOLLLLLLLL sorry just reminded me of the patch preview

Indeed you must be in combat. By the way, anyone know where companion’s defense is?

No no no, I tested it while I was in combat Or a lvl 2 Green Moa doesn’t count as “in combat”, then sorry my fault :P

LOL just tested it myself. Was using spiders~ doesn’t work. You are right.

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

It’s hard to get excited about this patch, I agree. Hopefully there’s some stealth changes in our favor.

Small group utility has gone through the roof though. You are able to supply a lot more support now.

Also, Black Bear F2 CD reduced… THAT is awesome

The flat out 1000 HP heal from the Fern Hound now gives us 2 instant heals, in addition to the possibility of a third one using “Sigil of Renewal”

Immobilize stack (general changes) – means a condition duration spec using Entangle now can apply a total of 10 seconds immobilize, meaning that even IF you break the wines, you are doomed (previously, it would only keep on renewing the immob duration)

Channeled Skills can now be switched to a new target. meaning, you can use Rapid Fire, and change to a better target if you want to. USEFUL (especially in 1vX or PvE)

Pet HP buff is in PvE, which means it SHOULD be in WvW too. That means, 71.43% longer lifespan on the zerg frontlines. If this applies to WvW too.

Vigorous Training (Previously only applied to birds and moas) now work on all pets, making it a seriously GOOD CHOICE. Its a free extra dodge on pet swap, on a AOE effect. kitten , group utility, zerg utility, simply put, a good addition.

Maul damage – meh, shoulda been more.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

Can you all clarify something for me:

All player-controlled minions, excluding mesmer phantasms and clones because they were already increased in a previous patch, now have 71.43% more hit points in PvE maps.

Does this indeed include ranger pets and they’re pets ant not really minions? Always thought there was a difference between pets and minions.

At one point in the past (like 2010 kind of past, not that long before the game was released) Anet said that Ranger pets were something special for the class. While pet level and stats would always be tied to Ranger, Level, Pets would have their own multiple evolution levels, that would give bonus stats. The pets would level up as you used them. There was even supposed to be the ability to customize Pet skills at one point.

Link ::: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Pet&oldid=142513

Fast foward, and all the features that Anet promised with pets kind of, just vanished, either because like other features originally planned and announced, they bit off way more than they could chew and just gave up on it, or they just didn’t see the point in going into that much detail for a Class Mechanic. Had Anet actually done it and not called it quits, Pets could have been something really special to the class, but instead, they are, just mere minions, not unlike the minions/summons/objects the Necromancer, Elementalist, Mesmer, Guardian, Warrior, Thief, and Engineers all have access to. In Anet’s efforts to generalize everything, every class became a pet class…..

in Ranger

Posted by: Inc.4753

Inc.4753

‘There will also be # changes to some of the Ranger weapons.’

At first I figured they accidentally were holding shift and were actually telling us there would be 3 (three) changes, but even that didn’t make it. 1,5 is more like it (fixing a bug really doesn’t count as 1).

edit: the number 3 and word ‘changes’ apparently combine into the word kitten

(edited by Inc.4753)

in Ranger

Posted by: Paz Shadow.9715

Paz Shadow.9715

“•Soften the Fall: Increased the number of maximum targets from 3 to 5.”

Thank gosh they changed this, ranger op threads incoming the next few days I’m betting on it

Green Eye of Grenth | PR Officer | JQ

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

Yes overall our changes are nice even though I really hoped for more. We got no major nerfs but quite some quality of life improvements. The red moa is pretty good now. 15 sec fury on 25 sec CD. If you take the -20% F2 CD or the trait with more boon duration on pets you can have a pretty good fury uptime only from this pet.
What I would have hoped for the moas was that they would increase the heal radius to 600.
But overall a nice patch. Can someone confirm my observation with the pet HP in WvW? I let a mob shoot at my drake and he did around 21k dmg until the pet was dead. The drakes have 22k HP so I would pretty sure have seen a change of +71% HP.

even before this patch, Red Moa could keep fury up 75% of the time. Taking into account maximum “reasonable” boon duration (From runes and traits, not counting gear and food) and the cast time of the skill.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

kiwituatara.6053

Vigorous renewal + healing spring got nerfed to the ground. I can no longer get perma vigor from a full duraation of healing spring. (Using a max boon duration build )

Expertise training – pet skill facts doesnt change, havent actually tested out if its just the skill facts or if its actually bugged.

Vigorous training isnt working.

And if you see your leaf dog skill fact claiming to have more than 1000 heal. Don’t get overexcited, its a skill fact error and still only heals 1000.

in Ranger

Posted by: Henner.1209

Henner.1209

its says spooter increased precision by 117, wasnt it 150?!..

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

I was expecting nothing and nothing is what I got … I can’t complain, eh?

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Posted by: Dina Van Heyr.3018

Dina Van Heyr.3018

so we got gs nerf ..seriously 7% more dmg for 2 longer cd is that a bad joke right ? warriors became walking jaggernauts and they give to ranger this crap …

in Ranger

Posted by: Arpheus.6918

Arpheus.6918

so we got gs nerf ..seriously 7% more dmg for 2 longer cd is that a bad joke right ? warriors became walking jaggernauts and they give to ranger this crap …

GS was not nerfed. They increased the vulnerability from 6 to 8 seconds and from 3 stacks to 5 stacks. The CD stays the same.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I am seeing 150 on both my pet and myself.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

And if you see your leaf dog skill fact claiming to have more than 1000 heal. Don’t get overexcited, its a skill fact error and still only heals 1000.

…I have been tricked by that error on pet F2’s so many times when playing the game. Still not fixed I guess…

in Ranger

Posted by: Arifialdy.1534

Arifialdy.1534

Class balance:

Ranger
Sick ‘Em will now apply ‘Revealed” to enemies they target. We want to introduce some counter play to Stealth (players have asked for that for a while), so we thought a pet “catching your scent” might be a cool way to insinuate some anti-stealth into the game.

To help Rangers support allies, we increased the ability ranger pets have to support allies. For instance, the Bear condition removal isn’t strong enough, so we’ll be improving that. Moas and Fern Hound will also be improved.

There will also be # changes to some of the Ranger weapons. (this one some nice lie)

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

I imagine it’s the vulnerability duration and not the skill cooldown. At work so can’t verify. But when I read it, that’s the impression I got.

Has anyone confirmed the pet hp increase works in WvW? Couple threads on general saying it isn’t increased in WvW.

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

GS was not nerfed. They increased the vulnerability from 6 to 8 seconds and from 3 stacks to 5 stacks. The CD stays the same.

Can affirm. Jumped the gun there. Wouldn’t have been surprised though.

in Ranger

Posted by: PsionicDingo.2065

PsionicDingo.2065

I heard there were weapon changes. I just see some bow fixes and the Maul boost.

Disappointing, considering how cool the Elementalist tweaks were. Rather than return for my Ranger or Thief, I’ll try an Ele.

My psychic knife. The focused totality of my psychic powers.

in Ranger

Posted by: Henner.1209

Henner.1209

I am seeing 150 on both my pet and myself.

then they did something strange to my tooltip when selecting spotter in my traits

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

I heard there were weapon changes. I just see some bow fixes and the Maul boost.

Disappointing, considering how cool the Elementalist tweaks were. Rather than return for my Ranger or Thief, I’ll try an Ele.

I said so earlier, but they did buff Conjures and I think everyone’s seen the videos of CoF speeds using conjures. So buff there.

Also, too have a Ranger/Thief and recently rolled an Ele.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dina Van Heyr.3018

Dina Van Heyr.3018

ok my fault didnt check skill correctly its vulnerability duration .. skill cd fortunately stays same .. still its crap in compare to other classes got ..

in Ranger

kiwituatara.6053

Class balance:

Ranger
Sick ‘Em will now apply ‘Revealed” to enemies they target. We want to introduce some counter play to Stealth (players have asked for that for a while), so we thought a pet “catching your scent” might be a cool way to insinuate some anti-stealth into the game.

To help Rangers support allies, we increased the ability ranger pets have to support allies. For instance, the Bear condition removal isn’t strong enough, so we’ll be improving that. Moas and Fern Hound will also be improved.

There will also be # changes to some of the Ranger weapons. (this one some nice lie)

Nah, its not a lie. We got the greatsword maul change LOL. And if you scroll to the top of the patch preview, it says: “Some of these may not make it in for that release” HAHAHAHA LOOLLLLL

I don’t know~ I’m finding the ranger patch more and more hilarious

in Ranger

kiwituatara.6053

I imagine it’s the vulnerability duration and not the skill cooldown. At work so can’t verify. But when I read it, that’s the impression I got.

Has anyone confirmed the pet hp increase works in WvW? Couple threads on general saying it isn’t increased in WvW.

Of course not. They just stated “PVE maps only” in the patch notes. First thing I did when I logged on was go into WvW. Pet still died easily. ROFL

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Of course not. They just stated “PVE maps only” in the patch notes. First thing I did when I logged on was go into WvW. Pet still died easily. ROFL

Unbelievable. I mean seriously… this is completely unbelievable.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lévis.5489

Lévis.5489

They removed one of the major selling points to bring a ranger in dungeons with the Healing Spring + Vigorous Renewal nerfs.

Thank god i have a warrior.

in Ranger

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

I am exceedingly.. unimpressed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wayfinder.8452

Wayfinder.8452

This patch did one big nothing for rangers except mildly annoy us because there is a large amount of wrong skill and trait facts. If it wasn’t for the largely flawed and obviously (as always) untested trait system, I wouldn’t even call this a patch (for rangers).

As expected the Pet hp buff is welcome but doesn’t solve any of the problems with pets in PvE.

My Guardian loves you too!
My rusty Mesmer thanks you!
My loyal Ranger just doesn’t care….

The man who can wield the power of this sword can summon to him an army
more deadly than any that walks this earth. Put aside the Ranger.
Become who you were born to be. I give hope to men. I keep none for myself.

in Ranger

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

Can you all clarify something for me:

All player-controlled minions, excluding mesmer phantasms and clones because they were already increased in a previous patch, now have 71.43% more hit points in PvE maps.

Does this indeed include ranger pets and they’re pets ant not really minions? Always thought there was a difference between pets and minions.

At one point in the past (like 2010 kind of past, not that long before the game was released) Anet said that Ranger pets were something special for the class. While pet level and stats would always be tied to Ranger, Level, Pets would have their own multiple evolution levels, that would give bonus stats. The pets would level up as you used them. There was even supposed to be the ability to customize Pet skills at one point.

Link ::: http://wiki.guildwars2.com/index.php?title=Pet&oldid=142513

Fast foward, and all the features that Anet promised with pets kind of, just vanished, either because like other features originally planned and announced, they bit off way more than they could chew and just gave up on it, or they just didn’t see the point in going into that much detail for a Class Mechanic. Had Anet actually done it and not called it quits, Pets could have been something really special to the class, but instead, they are, just mere minions, not unlike the minions/summons/objects the Necromancer, Elementalist, Mesmer, Guardian, Warrior, Thief, and Engineers all have access to. In Anet’s efforts to generalize everything, every class became a pet class…..

If im not mistaken those evolutions for pets like “Dire” and “elder” were in GW1. Im pretty sure I had an Elder Wolf as my main pet on there. Maybe they just forgot how code.

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Seriously, not even that?! Not even small surv buff for pets in W3?
Now I feel harmed. I’ve been waiting for this increase with crossed fingers, waiting for “Protect Me!” to be viable and recived….nothing. Still pigeonholded to crap signets…
No words…

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Posted by: AydenStar.4216

AydenStar.4216

Yawn, not a surprise at all:
I guess it was a good idea to take a small break from GW2 to get into LoL because by the time ANet gets their act together people will have wires attached to there heads in order to play MMOs.

The problem is the Ranger’s pet, its mechanics, its AI, its, its patching, its F2 functionally, its long cast times, its long react times.

Fix it or get rid of it….

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Ha! I totally called it:

http://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/ranger/Dreaming-on-a-supportive-Ranger/first#post2858307

The actual patch is even below my low expectation.
- support pets only got a minor cooldown decrease instead of a range increase.
- reveal applied is only 4 seconds instead of the 5 I predicted. Although at least it doesn’t require the pet to land a hit.
- no change to any weapon skills

in Ranger

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

From now on consider me and 5 Others rangers I know in ^^ real life ^^ quitting this game.
And who knows how many are still considering this idea.
Good job Arenanet you suck as always

You quit every 2 weeks, so who cares?

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

in Ranger

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

That’s all? That’s all for rangers? I wanted to fire up GW2 tonight, but nahhh…

The good news is that Elder Scrolls Online comes in a few month’s time (2014 Q1), and that’s for sure I won’t level up an other character here.

I haaaaate to be the one to say this, as im a HUGE ES fan (and if you buy the game, please message me whatever your name is on there we can play together) but everyone that played that demo a month back said it was awful :\

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Really? They buff support into being extremely viable on EVERY OTHER PROFESSION and then for ranger what do they do? Give us a wimpy kitten pet heal compared to the monstrous heal that Guardians, Necros, and Eles (will be a flood of smaller heals unlike the other 2). Sure, you buffed Vigorous Training, big whoop, you only did that cause you nerfed our other source of AoE vigor (which i’d argue was far better).

And oh god!! How dare you give rangers a half way decent condi removal for taking one of the weakest pets in the game (bears)! Cause we all know 3 condis instead of 2 would have just been WAAAAAAAY too strong, i mean god forbid someone took a bear AND empathetic bond! It’d almost be like a bunker was immune to conditions! That’d just be really OP!

Well on the bright side, my ele was buffed big time! And my engi and mesmer got buffs too, looks like i’ll be maining my ele afterall because it’s clear that anet doesn’t know what the hell they’re doing when it comes to ranger. I mean for kittens sakes, they couldn’t even find Companions Defense in their preview, and this is the SECOND time they’ve blatantly lied about buffs for us.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Kilger.5490

Kilger.5490

Huh.. I dont like to be negative usually, but those patch notes are very underwhelming for what was supposed to be a balance patch. A lot of words but will mostly just be a very minor nerf for me. More like a “housekeeping” patch.

Kilger – Human Ranger
alts: Fangyre (Necro), Hardrawk (Ele);
Jade Quarry

in Ranger

Posted by: AydenStar.4216

AydenStar.4216

Huh.. I dont like to be negative usually, but those patch notes are very underwhelming for what was supposed to be a balance patch. A lot of words but will mostly just be a very minor nerf for me. More like a “housekeeping” patch.

Very minor QoL changes. Will not help with the poor representation this profession has in the community.

in Ranger

Holland.9351

this is the SECOND time they’ve blatantly lied about buffs for us.

Are you sure it has only been 2 times? It feels more like 5 times at least.

in Ranger

kiwituatara.6053

Really? They buff support into being extremely viable on EVERY OTHER PROFESSION and then for ranger what do they do? Give us a wimpy kitten pet heal compared to the monstrous heal that Guardians, Necros, and Eles (will be a flood of smaller heals unlike the other 2). Sure, you buffed Vigorous Training, big whoop, you only did that cause you nerfed our other source of AoE vigor (which i’d argue was far better).

And oh god!! How dare you give rangers a half way decent condi removal for taking one of the weakest pets in the game (bears)! Cause we all know 3 condis instead of 2 would have just been WAAAAAAAY too strong, i mean god forbid someone took a bear AND empathetic bond! It’d almost be like a bunker was immune to conditions! That’d just be really OP!

Well on the bright side, my ele was buffed big time! And my engi and mesmer got buffs too, looks like i’ll be maining my ele afterall because it’s clear that anet doesn’t know what the hell they’re doing when it comes to ranger. I mean for kittens sakes, they couldn’t even find Companions Defense in their preview, and this is the SECOND time they’ve blatantly lied about buffs for us.

Perma aoe fury with Red Moa and concentration training \o/

in Ranger

Posted by: Piedplat.3597

Piedplat.3597

I seen a bug, the X in beastmaster, when you swap pet (in combat) it give a aoe vigor. it didnt give it…

The sword #1 third hit remove bleed, I thank you. The XII markmanship, you regain the strike on a dead or on a stealth.

Is what I see interresting.

But the 4 sec reveal can you grant duration plz?

/Piedplat Ranger80/Palissade Guardian80/Mystyphika Mesmer80/ ArmataTenebrae[AT] BG
http://www.armata.ca/

(edited by Piedplat.3597)

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

this is the SECOND time they’ve blatantly lied about buffs for us.

Are you sure it has only been 2 times? It feels more like 5 times at least.

It’s probably more than that, but this is the second “big buff patch” that we’re supposed to get all these great changes and kittening nothing happens, the other ones are pretty minor imo.

At least we can still be aquaman because of that first patch -_-’

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I seen a bug, the X in beastmaster, when you swap pet (in combat) it give a aoe vigor. it didnt give it…

The sword bleed remove is cool, the XII markmanship, you regain the strike on a dead or on a stealth.

Is what I see interresting.

There is no bleed remove on the sword, people have tested it and found it to just be bugged… and XII has done that since they’ve reworked hunter’s shot.

in Ranger

Holland.9351

•Barrage: This skill will no longer have reduced condition duration when traited with Eagle Eye.

I couldn’t help but laugh at this. This is at least the 3rd time they fix a bug caused by Eagle Eye. Apparently we still have to worry about nerfing ourselves by picking this trait. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is another bug in there somewhere.

in Ranger

kiwituatara.6053

Ha! I totally called it:

http://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/professions/ranger/Dreaming-on-a-supportive-Ranger/first#post2858307

- reveal applied is only 4 seconds instead of the 5 I predicted. Although at least it doesn’t require the pet to land a hit.

No. You did not “totally called it”. Even chopps has put a foot into the darkside. Judging by his posts, even he is not impressed by the patch this time XD

in Ranger

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

Havn’t got any chance to login and check, what it becomes now?

Ranger
•Nature’s Voice: This trait no longer carries the effects of Evasive Purity as well as the on-shout swiftness and regeneration.

in Ranger

Posted by: Relair.1843

Relair.1843

The hp buff on pets and spirits is huge and very noticeable, if it doesn’t work in wvw though that sucks… the rest of the patch is extremely meh though.

in Ranger

Holland.9351

Ha! I totally called it:

No. You did not “totally called it”. Even chopps has put a foot into the darkside. Judging by his posts, even he is not impressed by the patch this time XD

haha yes I noticed that. That part of my post was just a friendly jab at Chopps.

in Ranger

Posted by: clint.5681

clint.5681

The hp buff on pets and spirits is huge and very noticeable, if it doesn’t work in wvw though that sucks… the rest of the patch is extremely meh though.

people in general discussion are saying the health buff doesnt work in WvW

Rangir Dangir – Ranger | Mr. Ragr- Guardian| Sneak Stab – Thief | Mr. Ragir- Warrior
[url=https://] [/url]