Ranger Hate...

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Redemer.2601

Redemer.2601

It’s because Rangers have to transfer between different environments and areas of combat a lot. They have an advantage, but the truth is that sadly most people haven’t tried Rangers so they believe that they are op.

It’s completely unreasonable the amount of hate that we get. When I join groups half of the time I get removed because I’m a ranger. Instead of joining groups now I make the. Evolve or die, it’s the ranger way

its the same with RF on a target that stealths its the same with ALL the other channel skills that tracks a target its just that RF is more widely used causing ppl to hate on ranger for it

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: zinkz.7045

zinkz.7045

WvW: The only wvw meta is the zerg/gvg meta and no guild that knows what they are doing brings rangers at the moment.

Really? I watched a GvG on Twitch the other week, I think it was ASH vs NB (EU) and ASH won, they also ran a ranger or two, as far I am aware these are two of the strongest guilds on EU.

(edited by zinkz.7045)

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Darkness.9732

Darkness.9732

Ranger is the most broken class in gw2. It’ s ultra weak. No sense playing it.
Me personally i gave up with ranger…it has no sense playing it.
Do something good for yourself man : Don’ t play ranger.
And above all don’ t listen to all those who tell you : ^^eh ranger is strong !!^^
In 10 fights they get rekt 9 times and luckyly they managae to win 1 fight and they say ranger is strong. Sadness.

I just won the Academy Gaming tournament for a second time playing ranger. Sure other classes bring more damage than ranger does, but a really good ranger can give mesmers and thieves a hard time.

Academy gaming you say?^ And do you feel proud for that?^ I only watch world finals and i never see rangers. Ask yourself why

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: worminator.5174

worminator.5174

Why are no rangers in word finals?^^
For the longbow-ranger: We dont have enough stealth compared to thief and
mesmer. Also we cannot use portskills

For survival rangers: We cannot stack enough might to use celestial Amulett reasonable.
Our shouts combined with soldierrune are weaker than warrior- or
guardbuilds when it comes to condiremove for our group.

But some positiv things: We have even without portskills a good mobility and are one
of the best classes when it comes to 1v1 fights on sidenotes.
The Problem is that this is not enough for a team match. Now
we also got some strong cc`s with beastly warden and wolf f2.

Most people cry about our pets and that they dont need much skill to be effective. If they come to higher tier they would notice that its require some experience to command and position our pet to deal with experienced opponents. Speaking about canceling wolfleap, petchange only close to the enemy, calling back pet if its going rampage miles away from us instead of fighting at our side.^^ A good ranger must also be a good tamer. And the pet really need some training and good advice from their ranger.

(edited by worminator.5174)

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

Ranger is the most broken class in gw2. It’ s ultra weak. No sense playing it.
Me personally i gave up with ranger…it has no sense playing it.
Do something good for yourself man : Don’ t play ranger.
And above all don’ t listen to all those who tell you : ^^eh ranger is strong !!^^
In 10 fights they get rekt 9 times and luckyly they managae to win 1 fight and they say ranger is strong. Sadness.

I just won the Academy Gaming tournament for a second time playing ranger. Sure other classes bring more damage than ranger does, but a really good ranger can give mesmers and thieves a hard time.

Academy gaming you say?^ And do you feel proud for that?^ I only watch world finals and i never see rangers. Ask yourself why

I actually do feel proud of my accomplishments man! Why shouldn’t I be?

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Mia Crazymike.1780

Mia Crazymike.1780

Lol, illogical.

Speaking about canceling wolfleap, petchange only close to the enemy, calling back pet if its going rampage miles away from us instead of fighting at our side.^^ A good ranger must also be a good tamer. And the pet really need some training and good advice from their ranger.

Now why do the players need to play the guessing game with this pet AI.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Lol, illogical.

Speaking about canceling wolfleap, petchange only close to the enemy, calling back pet if its going rampage miles away from us instead of fighting at our side.^^ A good ranger must also be a good tamer. And the pet really need some training and good advice from their ranger.

its not a Guessing game , pet Active the leaps or tail swipes when they are swapped pretty much 1second after a swap if the target is in range , with zyphers speed it speeds up the Activation of the first skill which makes it easier to Cancel cast the Leap KD by using the F2 instead rather than the leap > then it reverts back to the leap .

the pet AI only sucks if people let it run around on its own , thats like giving a dog a bone and saying go have Fun , it won’t do what you want it to do unless you tell it what to do and expect it happen a few seconds later which is what you need to prepair for , its a complex issue with Pets not like other class mechanics which are just part of normal rotations you can click and forget or just attack as normal .

at some point while playing a Ranger the AI becomes the least of that players worries , as he learns to control it more effectively , giving it less time to Play about chewing on that bone it was given.

not much of a guessing game at all.
the only thing i;d want from Anet is if we could set up our pets Skill rotations 1st to 4th and having a swappable f2 to the other Pet attacks (excluding the pet Auto attacks)

so imagin a hound AA in the F2 slot with a different attack one of the high damage(leap KD on f2)_ ones which we can’t control and then swapping that out putting the orginal f2 mid chain or at the end customising attack rotations to the rangers needs.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Mia Crazymike.1780

Mia Crazymike.1780

Lol, illogical.

its not a Guessing game , pet Active the leaps or tail swipes when they are swapped pretty much 1second after a swap if the target is in range , with zyphers speed it speeds up the Activation of the first skill which makes it easier to Cancel cast the Leap KD by using the F2 instead rather than the leap > then it reverts back to the leap .

the pet AI only sucks if people let it run around on its own , thats like giving a dog a bone and saying go have Fun , it won’t do what you want it to do unless you tell it what to do and expect it happen a few seconds later which is what you need to prepair for , its a complex issue with Pets not like other class mechanics which are just part of normal rotations you can click and forget or just attack as normal .

at some point while playing a Ranger the AI becomes the least of that players worries , as he learns to control it more effectively , giving it less time to Play about chewing on that bone it was given.

the only thing i;d want from Anet is if we could set up our pets Skill rotations 1st to 4th and having a swappable f2 to the other Pet attacks (excluding the pet Auto attacks)

so imagin a hound AA in the F2 slot with a different attack one of the high damage(leap KD on f2)_ ones which we can’t control and then swapping that out putting the orginal f2 mid chain or at the end customising attack rotations to the rangers needs.

I’m positive your “pet control” was never ArenaNet’s intention.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Ranger is and has been garbage in just about every way for s long time. All of my faith is in druid

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Lol, illogical.

I’m positive your “pet control” was never ArenaNet’s intention.

sure it is , shared boons and quickness makes for quick/ easy recall , pets follow targets if you let them call them back early to get infront of a kiting target going A direct to B in a line is Faster than taking a Circle around following a target it will never catch up to , call it back send it back out again judging the lesh distance to the opposing players leap distance having a pet in a active location is better than just letting it do what its wants on it own free will or in this case the So called AI , its a animal it knows nothing only what its Trainer does for it like a flipping sheep dog it does not know what to do without the correct commands , when to reduce its lesh for a better postion.

the Ai has nothing to do with pet control , and its not going to get better Ai towards Nightmare court Ai , its a animal.

the only thing they lack is the Stupid lack of pathing in some PvE areas .

in the End Ai means nothing when the pets under your control, not the other way around you let it do what it wants " it’ll never do what you want."

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

Ranger is and has been garbage in just about every way for s long time. All of my faith is in druid

Use fire.

< 15 chars.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Well at least in PvE, Ranger is a top level DPS option.

• Sword auto is brutal
  • Stability is very helpful
  • Double Path of Scars is brutal
  • Double Rapid Fire is brutal
  • Two spirits that boost team DPS (Frost gives a 7% increase and Sun works great too)
  • Great area condition cleanse
  • Perfect candidate to use extra ele weapon summons

So when you hear PvE people saying it’s terrible, they obviously missed the potential.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Ranger is awful in this game.

It is, basically, like Hunter was, in WoW, 4 years ago.

Which, if you think about the age of this game, is hardly surprising.

WoW turned Hunter around, gave it more group utility and made it mid-pack in pretty much everything.

So, Anet could do the same, if they wanted to.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Darkness.9732

True

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

In end-game content, which is fractals, there’s just no reason to bring a Ranger. At all. A 2nd warrior or 2nd guard I would prefer because they’d bring better utility and NO PET. And no, Wasp, it’s not missed potential because there’s no potential that’s better than what another class can bring. Sooo, that might be your opinion of what other PVE players, like myself, say because that has been our experience.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

(edited by TheFantasticGman.9451)

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

• Sword auto is brutal
  • Two spirits that boost team DPS (Frost gives a 7% increase and Sun works great too)

So when you hear PvE people saying it’s terrible, they obviously missed the potential.

And all of those are inferrior to having a 2nd ele in the group.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: DeceiverX.8361

DeceiverX.8361

Pretty sure a lot of the hate comes from Quick Draw RF builds chewing through people who’ve blown their resources fighting something else that just get ganked and lose all of their health. For the amount of damage it does, it’s a pretty safe spec that typically takes advantage of terrain abuse and ridiculous range to not get hit at all.

I’ve been playing longbow greatsword glass forever, through the thick and thin of ranger’s strengths and weaknesses, and a lot of the hate just stems from how easy our damage is to land, and how difficult it can be to prevent it.

PvE-wise, people complain for being kicked and so on because they’re joining groups that are pretty much attempting to set record run speeds (or for some reason abiding to build guidelines designed to do so when playing with pugs). I’ve never been kicked from a party on my rangers, and neither has anyone in my guild. Just don’t join speed run groups/pay attention to LFG, and if you see elitism in LFG, make your own party. I usually get a full one within a few mins for most dungeon paths. Suggested to switch classes? Absolutely, although in most cases it goes undisputed, as sometimes those high-scale fractal instabilities really favor a particular class or build over the limited support the ranger can provide. I guess if someone is really sucking due to the instabilities and is dragging down the whole party and refuses to work with the rest of the party to finish, I can understand a kick. Although those types of runs are so few and far between and only applicable to the extremely difficult fractals.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

• Sword auto is brutal

you have no idea what a rangers capabilities are , and most of the rangers you come across in Pugs are not using the class correctly or Using very poor timing + rotations .

spotter + frost is still a very powerful damage boost.
so is the Quickdraw , Gs+Sword/Axe in full zerker gear its Dps is a third higher than that of pre-patch .

there is no point in having a second ele in a pug set up you could be double stacking might wasting 25might so it make no difference if its a 2nd ele or a 2nd warroir or a 2nd guardain , these dungeons can be 4manned regardless of what the 5th is running.

his points are proven facts , over many other threads even DnT on both power and condi builds, of which speed run times are only a few seconds slower than the so called 2nd ele or doubling up on classes.

rangers are great in any mode now.
and honestly there are better builds than those that DnT made.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

TurtleDragon.3108

• Sword auto is brutal

you have no idea what a rangers capabilities are , and most of the rangers you come across in Pugs are not using the class correctly or Using very poor timing + rotations .

so is the Quickdraw , Gs+Sword/Axe in full zerker gear its Dps is a third higher than that of pre-patch .

there is no point in having a second ele in a pug set up you could be double stacking might wasting 25might so it make no difference if its a 2nd ele or a 2nd warroir or a 2nd guardain , these dungeons can be 4manned regardless of what the 5th is running.

his points are proven facts , over many other threads even DnT on both power and condi builds, of which speed run times are only a few seconds slower than the so called 2nd ele or doubling up on classes.

I mained a ranger for 2-3 years and know what they are capable of, even when they were considered bad and before they got substantial buffs to place them where they are now. Simple fact is, Rangers cannot fullfill the same role as Warrior (Banners), Guardian (Aegis/Stability), Thief (Stealth), or hell, even mesmers (Portals). That leaves them only open to replacing the 2nd Ele in a stnadard dungeon team.

The 2nd Ele brings higher DPS, more ice bows, blasts and is not reliant on clunky sword/pet mechanics. They’re utility is just way better too and can go /f for swirling winds, glyph of storms in air/earth, bring out an earth ele to tank bosses, give FGS to mesmers for their portal and heal/remove conditions.

A ranger brings unique buffs that are unique and situational at best. It’s not a banner that you can bring to every boss and trash mob so it’s not there the entire time. There are plenty of scenarios where you’ll be fighting another trash/boss fight and your frost spirit is still on CD and won’t be benefiting your party. Sword is great and all, but only if you are auto attacking with it at max attack speed (which isn’t hard to do on most of the fights). If you are turn off AA to control it at a slower speeed or slow down in preperation for a dodge, you are losing a ton of DPS while the 2nd ele is just happily doing his rotation with staff/ice bow. Oh, and you can’t path of Scars bosses until after the boss is Frozen.

In speed/record runs, maximum DPS buffs is irrelevant. The difficulty from speed runs comes from what you do in between boss/trash fights. Rangers offer nothing there. Some groups don’t even bring the warrior.

Having said that, most groups will be fine with a ranger instead of a 2nd ele. The ele is just objectively better in every way assuming equal player skill. Ranger is just straight up more work for less reward.

(edited by TurtleDragon.3108)

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkWasp.7291

DarkWasp.7291

Long post

I’m just trying to offset the amount strongly worded posts here who are using descriptions like “garbage.”

I do not believe this thread is about having the absolute most optimal team build. It’s about people hating rangers.

I’ve seen games with grossly underpowered classes, and this isn’kitten Of course a bearbow can give that illusion, but that doesn’t stop the potential.

And for all of you tossing your experience up:

Yes, I’ve mained ranger since headstart
Yes, I have more than 20,000 AP
Yes, I main ranger in PvP
Yes, I’ve been a part of a prebuilt dungeon speedrun team
Yes, I played ranger in GW1 (but as a misguided rebel against meta)
Yes, I have maxed and tried all of the other classes in dungeons
Yes, I have done thousands of fractals as a ranger —- AND
No, I have never been kicked from a party at the first sign of trouble

Not that any of that really matters.

^ Uses Guild Wars 2 character screenshots for desktop wallpapers.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Long post

I’m just trying to offset the amount strongly worded posts here who are using descriptions like “garbage.”

I do not believe this thread is about having the absolute most optimal team build. It’s about people hating rangers.

I’ve seen games with grossly underpowered classes, and this isn’kitten Of course a bearbow can give that illusion, but that doesn’t stop the potential.

And for all of you tossing your experience up:

Yes, I’ve mained ranger since headstart
Yes, I have more than 20,000 AP
Yes, I main ranger in PvP
Yes, I’ve been a part of a prebuilt dungeon speedrun team
Yes, I played ranger in GW1 (but as a misguided rebel against meta)
Yes, I have maxed and tried all of the other classes in dungeons
Yes, I have done thousands of fractals as a ranger —- AND
No, I have never been kicked from a party at the first sign of trouble

Not that any of that really matters.

exactly my point , Rangers are not Garbage.

its a Flipping disgrace that a Eles Ice got a buff just because Anet wanted to " get more people to use it " or found it was under used" and that overshadows the class Because it was over buffed rather than Buffing Barrage they chose to do the opposite and power creep somthing rather than balance somthing else.

but overall Rangers are good , though again with the so called Optimised teams (it all depends on what classes are in the team have 3 eles? with ice bows why not have 5 icebows it doesn’t matter how many people use it, its a overbuffed way of doing things just like the FGS bug its the Easiest way not the only way.

this is about the silly Ranger hate not optimisation thank you darkwasp.

ps turtle go check spirit cooldowns and the ranger buffs go where the ranger goes , there is always enough time to set up a spirit and if its placed in a Stupid location which can be killed, that is a player issue not a skill issue.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

TurtleDragon.3108

ps turtle go check spirit cooldowns and the ranger buffs go where the ranger goes , there is always enough time to set up a spirit and if its placed in a Stupid location which can be killed, that is a player issue not a skill issue.

PS. I never mentioned it being killed. Even if it’s killed it’s still active for a little bit. I’m talking about placing a spirit for the trash, swapping out your utility when its down then its on cd for 20s. It also has an activation delay of around 3-5s if you include the cast time. That 25s is enough time for you to kill a boss or not have it up for the next trash pack. Example of this is CoF p1 if you use it on the trash before the first boss. You can also just not use it on the trash but that’s part of the problem.

Spirit immobility is sometimes a problem with how fast things die in dungeons. The actual uptime of Frost/Sun Spirit are poor compared to banners because you can’t just pick it up and move it.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

PS. I never mentioned it being killed. Even if it’s killed it’s still active for a little bit. I’m talking about placing a spirit for the trash, swapping out your utility when its down then its on cd for 20s. It also has an activation delay of around 3-5s if you include the cast time. That 25s is enough time for you to kill a boss or not have it up for the next trash pack. Example of this is CoF p1 if you use it on the trash before the first boss. You can also just not use it on the trash but that’s part of the problem.

Spirit immobility is sometimes a problem with how fast things die in dungeons. The actual uptime of Frost/Sun Spirit are poor compared to banners because you can’t just pick it up and move it.

you don’t use a flipping spirit vs trash they die fast enough the ranger himself may as well just Pet swap Quickness AA them to death , why waste a spirit again player issue.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

TurtleDragon.3108

you don’t use a flipping spirit vs trash they die fast enough the ranger himself may as well just Pet swap Quickness AA them to death , why waste a spirit again player issue.

Then you’re missing out on half the benefit of even bringing a ranger. A warrior has 0 issues using their banners on trash.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Then you’re missing out on half the benefit of even bringing a ranger. A warrior has 0 issues using their banners on trash.

I have no problems using frost spirit on trash. It’s all about knowing when to kill your spirit so the cooldown will be up before the next encounter. Spirit passive buffs pulse for 10 seconds after the spirit dies. The buff delay upon summoning is no more than 2 seconds.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

TheFantasticGman.9451

Something extra to think about when with banners you don’t have to. Why make it intentionally harder than it has to be? Just seems silly. Banners are simply better because they can’t die, they’re mobile, and they are 100% the entire time they’re up.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Something extra to think about when with banners you don’t have to. Why make it intentionally harder than it has to be? Just seems silly. Banners are simply better because they can’t die, they’re mobile, and they are 100% the entire time they’re up.

and doing so makes the game Easier and keeping that attitude the game may as well be Click on it and it dies or have Mr jeeves hand things to you on a sliver platter . people want harder content but if skills are made easy to use ect the content will only get easier as there is less things to do , to keep a eye on or keep track of.

the reasoning behind that " banners are better" makes the content Anet make easier. skills are simply taken because its easier , over all tha iss just people wanting to be lazy and taking the most Lazy route to avoid having to spend more effort.

from a different point of View Banners are different to spirits , banners are more like Spotter ect giving stat boosts not Damaging effects ect so on one part Spirits die for a reason.

on the other Banners are just click and forget they are not the same they can not be compaired.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

TheFantasticGman.9451

“Hard” is just temporary to those that can adapt. That’s not a good arguement for keeping spirits in the terrible place they’re in for PVE end game content which is Fractals. Fractal 50s were difficult for a time, now they’re cake. We, as a group, optimize to make content easier. It’s human nature to get the most reward for the least investment. It would be stupid to do otherwise. Ranger does not fit this motif. You can try all you want and wish as hard as you can, like I did, but you’re not going to doing the group much good bringing a Ranger when you could bring another class and contribute a lot more.

In the end:
Banners > Spirits

Don’t know if you know this but after running my 500th 50 Fractal, I want to get it done as fast as possible. Turns out, I’m not alone and not in the minority by my experience. Unfortunately, Ranger just doesn’t work towards this goal as well as other classes. It’s funny that the groups I’m in that we get our 50s done in 20-40 minutes are a lot happier than the 60+ min groups, even if the rewards are crap.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

• Sword auto is brutal

I’d rather have an extra ice bow than a ranger. 2nd ele means 2 additional ice bow 4s. Thats more DPS than spotter + frost spirit. Majority of the bosses drop in seconds with 4 icebows. the 2nd eles DPS rotations is just as good, if not better than ranger… so whats the point?

I think most of use would prefer 2nd ele over a ranger….Sure ranger is perfectly fine and complete any group content, but If I had my choice, Id rather have an extra ele in party than ranger…

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

• Sword auto is brutal

I’d rather have an extra ice bow than a ranger. 2nd ele means 2 additional ice bow 4s. Thats more DPS than spotter + frost spirit. Majority of the bosses drop in seconds with 4 icebows. the 2nd eles DPS rotations is just as good, if not better than ranger… so whats the point?

I think most of use would prefer 2nd ele over a ranger….Sure ranger is perfectly fine and complete any group content, but If I had my choice, Id rather have an extra ele in party than ranger…

and that is my point entirely they Should of never Buffed icebow, to a point where you think its mandatory when it is not , its only a improvement if you are Gunning for a Speed run Record and if you bring that crap into a casual/just for laughs < this is my point right here , you may Want it because its " Easier/faster" but that does not give anyone the right TO KICK a ranger player! just so you can Shave off 10secs.

and no most would prefer a less Cheesy way of dealing with bosses than picking up a ice bow Speed spamming Ice 4 and 2 just to drop it, simply Lazy and there is just no need for Ice bows at all anyway , you can finish the dungeons just as quick now by stacking up Burning combos.

its optional Not Mandatory so yes , you can take more Eles if you’d like but don’;t Quote most US would prefer one.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Quarktastic.1027

• Sword auto is brutal

The easiest way to solve this is to nerf Ice bow 4. Watching 4 ice bows melt a boss in 3 seconds is fun to watch, but ultimately not healthy for PvE as a whole.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Arkantos.7460

Arkantos.7460

remember the golden Pvp rule: If you lose to a ranger , you sk.
but if you rly like to play ranger you should also like to play other classes and learn weakness, the results are incredible and end into ranger hate

Good Thiefs are average,
Skilled Thiefs are dangerous

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

• Sword auto is brutal

and that is my point entirely they Should of never Buffed icebow, to a point where you think its mandatory when it is not , its only a improvement if you are Gunning for a Speed run Record and if you bring that crap into a casual/just for laughs < this is my point right here , you may Want it because its " Easier/faster" but that does not give anyone the right TO KICK a ranger player! just so you can Shave off 10secs.

and no most would prefer a less Cheesy way of dealing with bosses than picking up a ice bow Speed spamming Ice 4 and 2 just to drop it, simply Lazy and there is just no need for Ice bows at all anyway , you can finish the dungeons just as quick now by stacking up Burning combos.

its optional Not Mandatory so yes , you can take more Eles if you’d like but don’;t Quote most US would prefer one.

It’s not mandatory, but it is preferred by most people. I main a ranger but if I was making a pug group for a dungeon and I had a ranger and an ele trying to get the last spot I would pick the ele every time.

The dungeons in this game are boring as hell but they are good for making money. On the rare occasions I do them I want to get through them as quickly as possible. That means skipping sections, using cheese tactics like ice bows, etc.

The people I know that do dungeons daily have even less patience for them than I do because they’ve run them hundreds of times. They are looking for fast and effective, they don’t care if you think it’s lazy.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Redemer.2601

remember the golden Pvp rule: If you lose to a ranger , you sk.
but if you rly like to play ranger you should also like to play other classes and learn weakness, the results are incredible and end into ranger hate

If only more ppl did that there wouldnt be so much rage and hate on the forums but sadly all ppl se is the guys at 1200+ range shooting at you they dont se the dmg or anything else they only see the Ranger

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Redemer.2601

They wanted to nerf icebow 4 dmg by 25% and the kittenstorm on Ele forum was so huge that they didnt change it they didnt care about balance or anything enough ppl rageing about it usually makes is happen

This is sadly how the developers seems to work and I have seen comments on it on more then one ocation if you want your change you basicly have to use brute force and make the developers make it

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

TurtleDragon.3108

Even if they nerfed Ice Bow, a 2nd Ele would still be better than a Ranger. They are more than just Ice Bow dispensers and you don’t need to be going for a record run for them to be an improvement.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Even if they nerfed Ice Bow, a 2nd Ele would still be better than a Ranger. They are more than just Ice Bow dispensers and you don’t need to be going for a record run for them to be an improvement.

this is the so called Casual elitism and hate vs Ranger , you’d prefer a ele but if its totaly Random choice of class why even bring that up and no A ranger has Faster Dps than a Ele without Ice bow since its Usally the Ranger using Ice bow + signet of the wild + 25% damage from Remorseless so yes during the first few opening attacks Singet of the wild Quicken zypher(fury) proc remorsless +25% damage + 10% vun(25 when its maxed >pick up bow > it can reach +60-75% damage on the Icebow so no you don’t need A second ele for casual runs.

even after the icebow combination Quickness on QZ lasts 6seconds Pet swap for zyphers speed + 3seconds totaling 4 average seconds of increased AA at 50% extra damage remaining time from SoTW, using the Gs+S/A fury two-handed training and pet attack speed after the Icebow channels.

when things die so quickly in this easy content , having a second ele or not makes no difference at all for Random lfgs , its just your Opinionated preferences.

if you’d prefer LFG for a second ele and stop telling people a second ele is better when it clearly is not that much different its very marginalized.

it is simply not needed unless its a speed run.

i bloody well hope they Nurf Icebows and Buff Barrage or somthing.
that Icebow buff ironicly shut out a 5th different class only to be replaced by Double class stacking again in a Easy PvE mode.

you realy can not be bothered to wait a extra 10-30seconds? for crying out loud.

ps you can stop with the Ele>>ranger Argument because that only means somthing if you have a optimised group , its not somthing you bring into casual events.

people prefer Ele Because it has Icebow that is all , if Icebow was not in the Picture it would be a lot less desirable to gain a second ele and people wouldn’t be enforcing it by scrutinising over damage as both classes ele and ranger are even , its only not even when icebow is included.

So a second ele joined your team fine roll with it , A Ranger joins Roll with it Don’t flipping whine about it, or tell them to re-roll ect .

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

TurtleDragon.3108

Well first of all, in a PUG I wouldn’t trust a random ranger running whatever PHIW build that usually doesn’t have frost spotter. I’m much more likely to get a somewhat decent ele than a ranger running the right zerker or sinister build. The 2nd ele makes Ice Bow up more often and makes managing blasts much easier. You’d be silly to think the difference between organized group and LFG PUGs is only 10-30 seconds per boss/trash fight. This is especially noticeable in dungeons like CM, Arah and High level fractals. My farm group does all 3 CM paths in 15-18 minutes (which is okay or relatively slow by dungeon standards). If I were to PUG that same path with my Ranger, it’d take 10-15 minutes per path b/c of subpotimal tactics and people failing the stealth skips. On my ele, i’d atleast be able to contribute a lot more than 1 smoke field blast and make it less likely that we’d fail. The 2 eles do a lot more than just camp fire and drop Ice Bows. Eg. Glyph of Storms is helpful if you’re pulling the entire hallway + champ in CoE.

I don’t PUG that often, but when I do I usually advertise for a war/thief/guard/ele/ele group in Fractals. Rangers sometimes join and I ask them to switch or kick. I’m not going to just roll with it when they can’t even bother to read my LFG.

I’d save on average, my organized groups runs are done in 2/3 the time of PUGs b/c of superrior compositions and tactics (And DPS b/c no one might stacks or uses food/pots in PUGs). If you’re doing a tour, these 4-10 minutes per path add up very quickly, but it’s irrelevant if you’re only doing 1 dungeon.

Not all of us as ignorant meta sheep, some of us are former speed runners/“Dungeon tour-ers” (not PUG speed runs).

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Nerfing icebow would have been a mistake. When you see an icebow you pick it up. That’s how conjure weapons should be. That’s how environmental weapons in general should be.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Quarktastic.1027

Well first of all, in a PUG I wouldn’t trust a random ranger running whatever PHIW build that usually doesn’t have frost spotter. I’m much more likely to get a somewhat decent ele than a ranger running the right zerker or sinister build. The 2nd ele makes Ice Bow up more often and makes managing blasts much easier. You’d be silly to think the difference between organized group and LFG PUGs is only 10-30 seconds per boss/trash fight. This is especially noticeable in dungeons like CM, Arah and High level fractals. My farm group does all 3 CM paths in 15-18 minutes (which is okay or relatively slow by dungeon standards). If I were to PUG that same path with my Ranger, it’d take 10-15 minutes per path b/c of subpotimal tactics and people failing the stealth skips. On my ele, i’d atleast be able to contribute a lot more than 1 smoke field blast and make it less likely that we’d fail. The 2 eles do a lot more than just camp fire and drop Ice Bows. Eg. Glyph of Storms is helpful if you’re pulling the entire hallway + champ in CoE.

I don’t PUG that often, but when I do I usually advertise for a war/thief/guard/ele/ele group in Fractals. Rangers sometimes join and I ask them to switch or kick. I’m not going to just roll with it when they can’t even bother to read my LFG.

I’d save on average, my organized groups runs are done in 2/3 the time of PUGs b/c of superrior compositions and tactics (And DPS b/c no one might stacks or uses food/pots in PUGs). If you’re doing a tour, these 4-10 minutes per path add up very quickly, but it’s irrelevant if you’re only doing 1 dungeon.

Not all of us as ignorant meta sheep, some of us are former speed runners/“Dungeon tour-ers” (not PUG speed runs).

Blasting the thief’s smoke field is completely redundant, as thieves can easily hit the stealth cap on their own.

Honestly, you have the meta sheep mindset, which makes you just about as enjoyable to be around as one of the meta sheep.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

TurtleDragon.3108

Blasting the thief’s smoke field is completely redundant, as thieves can easily hit the stealth cap on their own.

Honestly, you have the meta sheep mindset, which makes you just about as enjoyable to be around as one of the meta sheep.

If you use smokescreen or sacrifice your signet utilities then yeah, they can. Blackpowder blasts are faster when you dont need SR for certain skips.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Nerfing icebow would have been a mistake. When you see an icebow you pick it up. That’s how conjure weapons should be. That’s how environmental weapons in general should be.

Yeah, they should be good, but only in the right situation. If you have one skill like frost bow on one class that totally invalidates every other class, its totally broken and must be changed.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

• Sword auto is brutal

And that is, of course, irrelevant to the statement you are responding to.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

• Sword auto is brutal

…..lol

Ranger is “top level” if by top level you mean behind ele, thief, sinister engineer, and warrior.

Same potential damage as guardian, far less aoe and group utility.

So how can you call a class top if the only classes you are ahead of are mesmer and necro.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Darkness.9732

Everything is better than a ranger. We all know that.
If we could count all the players who quitted playing ranger…well you would accept my statement. Since we can’ t count them..there are still some rangers who have ^^ hope^^.
Loose that hope couse the first decent mesmer or ele or thief will stomp you in seconds.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

If we could count all the players who quitted playing ranger…well you would accept my statement. Since we can’ t count them..there are still some rangers who have ^^ hope^^.
Loose that hope couse the first decent mesmer or ele or thief will stomp you in seconds.

You must have been a pretty crappy ranger if you were dying to thieves. No wonder you rage quit the game.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

You must have been a pretty crappy ranger if you were dying to thieves. No wonder you rage quit the game.

Losing to equally skilled mesmer/ele is understandable.. they are top tier 1v1 classes along with cele signet necro…

but a thief?? cmon. even your pet can annoy the hell out of a thief… they are terrible lol…thieves are one of the easiest if not easiest 1v1 for ANY type of ranger , be it condi, or power.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Yeah, he’s so bad at it, that even after uninstalling the game 6 months ago (his claim), he needs to come back here and continually whine about how bad he is at playing it lol. Serious issues.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

Actually, banners last 90 sec on a 120 sec cooldown. So their uptime is less than spirits (provided the spirit doesn’t die).

My take on the banner/spirit comparison is just that – spirits can die. The thing that can be killed by the enemy should have a bigger effect than the thing that can’t. But it’s the other way around with banners having better effects (frost spirit excepted).

One of the great things about GW1 was that when you placed a spirit, you forced your opponent into a decision. Does he spend time killing the spirit to remove its effect? Or does he live with its effect and continue attacking you? That dynamic is gone from GW2 because of how weak ranger spirits are.

Ranger Hate...

in Ranger

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I don’t have a ranger (yet?) and don’t understand the hate myself. You get two entire characters, the pet and the ranger himself. I did notice that many rangers use a knockback, which screws with targeting so that could be a lot of it but don’t bother me personally.