Ranger changes Dec. 10 patch notes

in Ranger

Posted by: Prysin.8542

Prysin.8542

I play thief and i never liked bow classes in any games so im not here to wine since i dont really care much…i just come here to say as thief and mesmer that Ranger class is really,really BAD.Its not focused on range (best build is axe and dagger),pets are more usefull for thiefs to use them as stealth cower then for rangers,new heal skill is just just a joke…,rangers are i think only class that has no condition clear or stability..at least when u play with bow as u should since its archer class right?And at the end i will just say that me as noob thief never lost from a ranger in WvW,i kill them more easy then i kill those npc’s that guards capture points.Anet really…game should have good balance and all classes should be equal…make range good class that mains long bow,give them some escape skill and fix those brain damaged pets.

lol even other classes get it more than some rangers here.

lol did that guy even check the wiki for info on rangers?

Nah, in the wiki you can read that rangers are goods with Bows, liars……

In wiki you can also see that we have a pet (Brown Bear) and a signet (Signet of Renewal) and a trait (EB) that all give condi cleanse, and that we have a signet (Signet of the Wild) and RAO to give us stability. all of which is viable with LB builds.

Lv 80 Guard, Ranger, Ele, Thief, warr, engi
Currently @ some T1 server in EU

in Ranger

Posted by: urdriel.8496

urdriel.8496

I play thief and i never liked bow classes in any games so im not here to wine since i dont really care much…i just come here to say as thief and mesmer that Ranger class is really,really BAD.Its not focused on range (best build is axe and dagger),pets are more usefull for thiefs to use them as stealth cower then for rangers,new heal skill is just just a joke…,rangers are i think only class that has no condition clear or stability..at least when u play with bow as u should since its archer class right?And at the end i will just say that me as noob thief never lost from a ranger in WvW,i kill them more easy then i kill those npc’s that guards capture points.Anet really…game should have good balance and all classes should be equal…make range good class that mains long bow,give them some escape skill and fix those brain damaged pets.

In wiki you can also see that we have a pet (Brown Bear) and a signet (Signet of Renewal) and a trait (EB) that all give condi cleanse, and that we have a signet (Signet of the Wild) and RAO to give us stability. all of which is viable with LB builds.

You must use 30 points in Markmanship to have the benefit of active signets , and 30 points into wilderness survival to have a random condition cleanse, ranger signets need more love……….

in Ranger

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

Awesome patch, 30/10/0/30/0 is so much fun to play!
Permastability with a good uptime of 25% extra damage is huge.

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

You must use 30 points in Markmanship to have the benefit of active signets , and 30 points into wilderness survival to have a random condition cleanse, ranger signets need more love……….

i couldnt agree more. If they dont want to remove the “player gotta trait for effects” crap, they could at the very least reduce the cooldowns drastically when traited to make it worth it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

Two months to review and analyze feedback but they didn’t change a kittening thing.

It’s called humoring you. Yeah we heard you, we just don’t want to listen.

LOL, like how they’re talking about horizontal progression in the next CDI topic AFTER the ascended armor has already come out.

in Ranger

Prysin.8542

Two months to review and analyze feedback but they didn’t change a kittening thing.

It’s called humoring you. Yeah we heard you, we just don’t want to listen.

LOL, like how they’re talking about horizontal progression in the next CDI topic AFTER the ascended armor has already come out.

well, their now done with the power-creep (allegedly). This means that now they can focus on making the game more challenging and rewarding rather then doing something their not too good at (balancing)

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

well, their now done with the power-creep (allegedly). This means that now they can focus on making the game more challenging and rewarding rather then doing something their not too good at (balancing)

I hope you’re right. But the way I look at their MO, I can only draw two conclusions from it:

1. They don’t listen, ever, whether it’s about balancing or power creep. So the CDI crap is just there to pacify the forums.

or

2. They’re not done with the power creep or else why would there be need to talk about it when ascended armor is supposedly the final tier?

Neither of these conclusions bode well for this game.

Sorry for the hijack, now back to the regularly scheduled programming…

in Ranger

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Thought I was only one that thought this.

Best thing about this patch, far and away, is the stealth buff to Eagle Eye. If they take that away the entire patch is less than useful by a country mile. I’m not going to run that water spirit in pve/dungeons. That’s just silly. I don’t trait for spirits because I don’t PVP. The only useful thing I will get out of this patch is the LB DPS buff. That’s pretty much it which I will use during world events. None of the traits they mention in the notes will see any action from me as they don’t add anything to my Ranger’s DPS as far as I can tell.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

And how much of that is functional when our pet dies? They can’t dodge, so in many situations they will die no matter what. Then, we lose all of our condition removal and like 30% of our dps because of kittenty AI and the braindead class mechanic.

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

Took us a year, but we finally got the longbow damage buff

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Posted by: Bombsaway.7198

Bombsaway.7198

Well, you have to trait 30 in nature to do that Prysin. It can work if you cast, run in and heal then let the spirit die for a second heal. 20 seconds later (time to reset the spirit) you can go for it again.