Ranger issues that need fixed

in Ranger

Posted by: Indy.8540

Indy.8540

I don’t post here much, but there is a lot that needs addressed with ranger after this update.

1) Healing spring. Functioning as a trap, no longer functional as a proper cleanse, still does not heal your pet or allies. It only heals yourself. The fact that you can leave it laying around up to 4 times does not mitigate the fact that it no longer functions in its original capacity, nor does it change the fact that it does not heal your pet or allies.

2) Overall damage. Some of you may have noticed, other’s may have not, longbow for rangers took an enormous hit in damage. Berserker stat rangers have lost 50-75% damage on auto attack, and 25-50% damage on all other skills (both based on zone) as compared to pre-update. This is due to a combination of factors, one of which may very well be that stats are now being entirely based on equipment, with old un-needed soft caps still being in place that are not properly allowing stats to scale into damage, crit rate, and crit damage increases. The other being the loss of numerous flat damage buffs previously available through traits, the only ones still available being Steady Focus which, while potent, is kind of a bad thing to have up all the time as it requires you to not dodge ever, and Predator’s Onslaught, which requires the target to be under a movement-impairing condition, which we are generally not able to apply for more than a few seconds. Plus, Predator’s Onslaught being used means we cannot also have the cool-down reduction on longbow skills. Yes, there is a skill that gives a 10% boost after a dodge, but that is only for a few seconds. Not enough to makeup for the loss of other skills.

I post these both here as well as in the Ranger forum as these are huge HUGE issues that make a setup for Ranger’s unusable, and if the attempt is to force people to not play the game the way that they want, then what is the point of providing options?

in Ranger

Posted by: Kodama.6453

Kodama.6453

1) It doesn’t change much, you can let it down to proc it later, but only if you cast it while running, cause the arming time of 0,5s isn’t really long. Most of the time it will proc immediatly, so don’t know why complaining about it.

2) Are you serious? Rangers are doing tons of damage with long bow, especially with the skill rapid fire. Combined with the largest range of all professions (there is not a single one which can compete that) the damage output is just ridiculous. Nerfing it would make much more sense than buffing.

The great synergy of remorseless with other traits boosted rangers damage a lot. I could understand if rangers complain about support, but damage is the last thing the profession lacks of.

in Ranger

Indy.8540

1) Still ignoring the “does not work on your pet” thing

2) Long Range shot damage pre patch 1600-2000 non-crit damage at max range, 1200-1500 getting closer, 1000-1200 at closest. Now Damage is down to 1000-1300 at max range. This is with a full power build. Rapid Fire dealt around 4000 damage if you somehow didn’t crit on most of the shots, and now with most of them critting you are lucky to hit 6000-8000. Barrage hit for around the same as mid-range long-range shot, which is still comparable, but has still dropped beyond use. I’ve managed to get to these numbers using kitten like Remorseless and Steady Focus. This was not an improvement. Do not act like gaining gimick-y traits that function sometimes improved the damage. Compare this to other classes post patch whose numbers generally improved (see Thief Daggers, Elementalist staff getting even more powerful, Necromancer and Engineer in general) and it comes down to being a kick in the teeth. Yes, other weapons are available. That is not the point.

(edited by Indy.8540)

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Because it’s not a thing. You cast healing spring: it heals you, it heals your pet, just like it always has.

The only thing you don’t get is the instant water field/cleanse.

Turns out, I wasn’t paying close enough attention. Healing spring does not heal your pet.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

(edited by Quarktastic.1027)

in Ranger

Kodama.6453

2) Long Range shot damage pre patch 1600-2000 non-crit damage at max range, 1200-1500 getting closer, 1000-1200 at closest. Now Damage is down to 1000-1300 at max range. This is with a full power build. Rapid Fire dealt around 4000 damage if you somehow didn’t crit on most of the shots, and now with most of them critting you are lucky to hit 6000-8000. Barrage hit for around the same as mid-range long-range shot, which is still comparable, but has still dropped beyond use. I’ve managed to get to these numbers using kitten like Remorseless and Steady Focus. This was not an improvement. Do not act like gaining gimick-y traits that function sometimes improved the damage. Compare this to other classes post patch whose numbers generally improved (see Thief Daggers, Elementalist staff getting even more powerful, Necromancer and Engineer in general) and it comes down to being a kick in the teeth. Yes, other weapons are available. That is not the point.

Complaining about 6-8k damage using one skill at 1500 range (something no one else can do, there is only 1 more 1500 range in this game, it is engineers mortar kit and that is ridiculous compared to long bow), you don’t have to aim, just using the skill and arrows are tracking themselfes. You have a skill to push back near enemies even. Ranger is the best ranged damage dealer in game, it is okay because it fits their theme, but don’t buff it into heaven pls. It already is an extremely strong weapon, buffing it would make it totally broken.

in Ranger

Indy.8540

Because it’s not a thing. You cast healing spring: it heals you, it heals your pet, just like it always has.

The only thing you don’t get is the instant water field/cleanse.

It’s literally not healing your pet though. That’s the issue. That’s what is being ignored.

(edited by Indy.8540)

in Ranger

Indy.8540

Complaining about 6-8k damage using one skill at 1500 range (something no one else can do, there is only 1 more 1500 range in this game, it is engineers mortar kit and that is ridiculous compared to long bow), you don’t have to aim, just using the skill and arrows are tracking themselfes. You have a skill to push back near enemies even. Ranger is the best ranged damage dealer in game, it is okay because it fits their theme, but don’t buff it into heaven pls. It already is an extremely strong weapon, buffing it would make it totally broken.

I don’t want a buff. I want to function. 6-8k damage is what happens if every arrow from rapid fire crits. That’s 10 arrows. 10 crits need to happen, the enemy has to not dodge, which 1 dodge is going to cause 3 or 4 shots to miss entirely, and also not dodge out of range of any remaining arrows, assuming the skill is being used at max range already. Compare to Thief 10-12k crit on backstab which is just “well, I used steal so I am no next to to, I stealth myself and move slightly, and now you are dead”. Also, “you don’t aim”. Yes. That’s how the game works. Once you have targeted something, the skill tends to do the rest for you (with some obvious exceptions)

in Ranger

Kodama.6453

Also, “you don’t aim”. Yes. That’s how the game works. Once you have targeted something, the skill tends to do the rest for you (with some obvious exceptions)

Try to use engineers mortar kit AA and say this again please. XD
For engineers 1500 you have to aim, because even its AA is ground targeted. That is what I meant, the last class which has this range has to AIM to get a hit, with a VERY slow moving projectile btw.

You can’t prevent the whole damage of rapid fire by one dodge roll and the skill has a low cd. If you start fighting, you will be at max range most of the time. Nobody wants a profession that is able to oneshot enemies outside of their range.

Thief backstab is strong too, that’s right, and should be nerfed but that’s not an argument for rangers getting more damage.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

LB damage has been lower since patch, eventhough I don’t think that the lower damage does originate from the LB being nerfed. What really lowered the LB’s strength is the competition the LB trait now has, not only in the Marksmanship line, but also the Marksmanship line itself get overshadowed by other lines.

Healing Spring has many bugs at the moment, as have the new shouts. I hope they get sorted out soon.

Traps are weaker IMO. They never have been particulary strong; the chance to kitten up was always pretty high, but now they just have been shafted even more. Yes, the traps have been improved, but so did everything else and the cooldown on the new spike trap is ridiculous.

Shouts are not even worth mentioning, as they have not seen any update, beside the incredible remove of the cast time on “Guard!”. “Sic’Em!” is a pretty boring shout, it gives no advantage to the Ranger and its use remains mostly unnoticed for the enemy. “Protect Me!” is still a great way to kill your pet as zerker and thus only useful if you are playing a bunker build. “Guard!” is still as useless as ever and “Search and Rescue!” holds, again, no value for the Ranger himself, so it’s just wasting an utility slot for the very most time.

I find the bunker PvP meta for Rangers in general pretty boring and unsatisfying and the Ranger is definitely lacking proper (non-gimmicky) non-bunker builds.

Spirits are also not very strong. The storm spirit’s daze does not get influenced by Moment of Clarity, which could be a bug, but I doubt it.
Spirits in general do hold less value than warrior banners, and even the banners are not used very often. Spirits just don’t feel unique and don’t have a strong mechanic associated with them. They are just boons for the most part and thus not versatile enough to be considered worthy.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wuselknusel.4082

Wuselknusel.4082

You can’t prevent the whole damage of rapid fire by one dodge roll and the skill has a low cd. If you start fighting, you will be at max range most of the time. Nobody wants a profession that is able to oneshot enemies outside of their range.

But a profession should be able to pressure the enemy. If the enemy can just shrug the damage off, then you will never be able to kill the enemy, unless the enemy kittens up. The Ranger has only two power based skills that pressure the enemy; Maul and Rapid Fire. If you nerf them, then you kill the power based builds.

in Ranger

Indy.8540

Also, “you don’t aim”. Yes. That’s how the game works. Once you have targeted something, the skill tends to do the rest for you (with some obvious exceptions)

Try to use engineers mortar kit AA and say this again please. XD
For engineers 1500 you have to aim, because even its AA is ground targeted. That is what I meant, the last class which has this range has to AIM to get a hit, with a VERY slow moving projectile btw.

Thief backstab is strong too, that’s right, and should be nerfed but that’s not an argument for rangers getting more damage.

You’ll notice my mention of exceptions. So, currently, on a dodged Rapid Fire, you can expect to, reasonably, do 3000. Maybe. If you are lucky. So you are doing slightly more than your Long Range Shot if that crits. Compare to the other heavily ranged damage class, Elementalist, who, while only at a 1200 range, is still putting up 4-6k AoE crits on Fireball. I choose that one because it is the most comparable skill to Long Range Shot, and it doesn’t require a specific range to go off. Again, I am not asking to be “buffed” I am asking to be “un-nerfed”

(edited by Indy.8540)

in Ranger

Kodama.6453

You’ll notice my mention of exceptions. So, currently, on a dodged Rapid Fire, you can expect to, reasonably, do 3000. Maybe. If you are lucky. So you are doing slightly more than your Long Range Shot if that crits. Compare to the other heavily ranged damage class, Elementalist, who, while only at a 1200 range, is still putting up 4-6k AoE crits on Fireball. I choose that one because it is the most comparable skill to Long Range Shot, and it doesn’t require a specific range to go off. Again, I am not asking to be “buffed” I am asking to be “un-nerfed”

But 3000 damage on a dodged rapid fire is an advantage. What happens to other classes burst skills if they get dodged? Damage falls to 0, so 3000 is quite nice to have.

Elementaists damage is insane, you’re right, but got it’s downsides too. Elementalist is much more squishy and staffs damage against moving targets cuts down a lot because most of its skills are ground targeted aoe.

in Ranger

Indy.8540

But 3000 damage on a dodged rapid fire is an advantage. What happens to other classes burst skills if they get dodged? Damage falls to 0, so 3000 is quite nice to have.

Elementaists damage is insane, you’re right, but got it’s downsides too. Elementalist is much more squishy and staffs damage against moving targets cuts down a lot because most of its skills are ground targeted aoe.

We’re going to keep going around and around on this, because you seem to think losing more than 50% attack power overall on skills is somehow not suppose to cause an issue. And again, 3000 is a high damage estimate based on if you manage to crit on the majority of the arrows that do hit. “Most other” classes have more than 1 burst damage skill. “Most other” classes can fall back on something else, another skill, another attack, a profession ability. Ranger doesn’t get those options. Not only is AoE damage practically non-existent, we now have sub-par single target damage at range. As stated by someone else, losing this much overall damage, and not just from Rapid Fire though you seem to want to make this all about the single skill when it is the entire weapon, removes the ability to keep pressure on the enemy. It removes a core function of the weapon and the class, which is, the ability to deal damage in a significant amount that cannot be outpaced by the healing abilities of the target. It needs adjustment. This isn’t an opinion. Power Longbow Ranger dropped from doing good damage to doing what is, essentially, nothing. It needs to be fixed. It is broken.

in Ranger

Kodama.6453

We’re going to keep going around and around on this, because you seem to think losing more than 50% attack power overall on skills is somehow not suppose to cause an issue. And again, 3000 is a high damage estimate based on if you manage to crit on the majority of the arrows that do hit. “Most other” classes have more than 1 burst damage skill. “Most other” classes can fall back on something else, another skill, another attack, a profession ability. Ranger doesn’t get those options. Not only is AoE damage practically non-existent, we now have sub-par single target damage at range. As stated by someone else, losing this much overall damage, and not just from Rapid Fire though you seem to want to make this all about the single skill when it is the entire weapon, removes the ability to keep pressure on the enemy. It removes a core function of the weapon and the class, which is, the ability to deal damage in a significant amount that cannot be outpaced by the healing abilities of the target. It needs adjustment. This isn’t an opinion. Power Longbow Ranger dropped from doing good damage to doing what is, essentially, nothing. It needs to be fixed. It is broken.

But the weapon has to be balanced around its range because it is an unique advantage it provides to rangers only. That’s all what I mean. And its damage can’t get outhealed, that’s simply not true and about damage: ranger wasn’t the only one losing many damage modifiers, it’s the same for most of the other professions.

But your opinion about that is different from mine and I have to accept and respect that, I just wanted to say what I think about the whole thing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bingo.2174

Bingo.2174

But the weapon has to be balanced around its range because it is an unique advantage it provides to rangers only.

I get that it is a unique advantage but I think that the unique advantage is lost in the current state of the game. Having 300 extra range means very little when our damage is decreased significantly and other classes are going from full-glass to condi-bunker. It’s also very VERY rare that any competent opponent will stand at max range for us o that range advantage is fleeting while the nerf is permanently crippling.

I’d rather have the previous dmg modifiers and nerfed range.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Yes, dmg with the longbow has been nerfed somehow.
Same build as b4 2.1K power and i don’t do same damage: my number are closed to what Indy point out. Something how the damage output is scaled in LB has changed and that’s another nerf. I need close to 2.5 K power to get the numbers from before.
Anet nerf the LB but not saying anything

That’s is trash compared to the 2.5 K a warrior can do with GS AA with a power build.

Again: LB is the weapon that define the ranger, and that weapon has to works as always. I’m bored of ppl that play casual ranger in silverwastes to do just chest farming and come here saying that RF is OP.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Bingo.2174

^ Yes, what you said. I know LB ranger has the rep of being a one button class and I guess that is true on face value- it did have one heavy hitting attack. On a deeper level, though, that one button was pretty complex: were you in the right position to get combos? Were you able to do something to buff you prior to hitting it? Were you as max range as you could be or as elevated as possible? Was your pet in position? Which target was the best to hit? Were you watching the battlefield so you knew they couldn’t dodgeroll or a theif wasn’t about to sneak in and interrupt your one-hit-wonder?

*That one button press had a lot of setup behind it- it was a high-stake game where we put all of our chips in. *

Some people might not have enjoyed the playstyle but, for me, it was fantastic. I know my presence on an SPVP map made a difference and it was when I was going all Legolas-mode that I felt the most ranger-y. I didn’t just use the bow, I /was/ the bow. ;P

Anyway, drifting back on topic, as Anduriell said, RF was not any more op than spin-to-win or backstab. It was just a moderate high damage spell that had plenty of counters. Other classes were (and are) better at pve and pvp dmg output so it’s not like they instituted the nerfs to bring us into line with other classes’ dmg-per-buttonpress.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

^ Yes, what you said. I know LB ranger has the rep of being a one button class and I guess that is true on face value- it did have one heavy hitting attack. On a deeper level, though, that one button was pretty complex: were you in the right position to get combos? Were you able to do something to buff you prior to hitting it? Were you as max range as you could be or as elevated as possible? Was your pet in position? Which target was the best to hit? Were you watching the battlefield so you knew they couldn’t dodgeroll or a theif wasn’t about to sneak in and interrupt your one-hit-wonder?

*That one button press had a lot of setup behind it- it was a high-stake game where we put all of our chips in. *

Some people might not have enjoyed the playstyle but, for me, it was fantastic. I know my presence on an SPVP map made a difference and it was when I was going all Legolas-mode that I felt the most ranger-y. I didn’t just use the bow, I /was/ the bow. ;P

Anyway, drifting back on topic, as Anduriell said, RF was not any more op than spin-to-win or backstab. It was just a moderate high damage spell that had plenty of counters. Other classes were (and are) better at pve and pvp dmg output so it’s not like they instituted the nerfs to bring us into line with other classes’ dmg-per-buttonpress.

Actually i find LB the most complex weapon in game.
Most of the weapons in other professions are mostly 12345 with some very rare exceptions.

Each LB skill has a very defined niche:
- #1 basic AA attack
- #2 to as opener/finisher.
- #3 to disengage (although 3 secs i find too weak to be taken seriously)
- #4 same as ^. also to interrupt.
- #5 manly for groups/ slow down enemies.

Other professions is just hit sequentially the buttons while you are in combat. No brainer and that’s why i find guardian so boring.

Another nerf in ranger profession was uncalled for and really annoys the hell out of me.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: alvinjason.3109

alvinjason.3109

Haven’t been playing my zerk LB ranger on Travelers rune much because of this. Imagine hitting a kittening drake mob in wvw for only 1.7k at 1500 range. I think this is attributed to big losses in ferocity. Can anyone here running scholars rune confirm the damage they are doing?

Devona’s Rest → NSP [SA] [TeaP]

in Ranger

Posted by: Heibi.4251

Heibi.4251

One thing I’d like to get back that we lost in the patch was the +5% damage that vanished with Eagle Eye. We got the range but lost the damage.

Leader of Central Anime(CA)
Tifa Ran/Ranger with a Pet
Commander WvW – Henge of Denravi

in Ranger

Posted by: niconori.7235

niconori.7235

Haven’t been playing my zerk LB ranger on Travelers rune much because of this. Imagine hitting a kittening drake mob in wvw for only 1.7k at 1500 range. I think this is attributed to big losses in ferocity. Can anyone here running scholars rune confirm the damage they are doing?

Engi’s turret kit auto attacks took a huge 28% dmg nerf and is still doing more damage than Ranger’s longbow autos while having lower attack speed.

Zerk LB autos hit a firefly mob in wvw for around 2100 crits.

in Ranger

Quarktastic.1027

Engi’s turret kit auto attacks took a huge 28% dmg nerf and is still doing more damage than Ranger’s longbow autos while having lower attack speed.

Zerk LB autos hit a firefly mob in wvw for around 2100 crits.

That’s why they deal more damage. I believe long range shot still deals more DPS despite dealing less damage per hit.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Wasn’t there a patch a long time ago that reduced the duration of Healing Spring but buffed the condition cleanse so that it cleared two conditions instead of one? Did they change Healing Spring so that it only cleanses one condition now?

I know they did that with the thief stolen “healing spring” but not sure about the Ranger one.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

Before the patch longbow did more damage than now & we were still kitten in higher end pvp & the nerf made pew pew even weaker & other classes have way more options to kill us before we could disengage. (Let’s not even talk about how this hurts Pve rangering ….)

About healing spring:
You are being chased you want to remove your bleeds, if you use healing spring & you don’t stop running it wont remove anything.

(edited by Sina.9208)

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

Runes of Traper are not working with Healing Trap! Healing spring… It’s really big bug.

in Ranger

Bingo.2174

LB rangers really and truly have lost a significant chunk of their DPS. What little burst we had is gone with the 50%ish drop in LB dps.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

LB rangers really and truly have lost a significant chunk of their DPS. What little burst we had is gone with the 50%ish drop in LB dps.

50%? Please stop exaggerating and show proof. Any money says you cannot.

in Ranger

Posted by: States.6387

States.6387

LB took a massive hit. I came back today and spent all day messing with the different traits and no matter what i’ve done i cant get anywhere near the damage potential i had before the changes. And i think the decrease in damage is literally somewhere around 50% because i know i was hitting around 3k auto attack before this change and now i’m only doing around 1.5k

And another power build trait they removed was Strength of Spirit which converted vitality into power and instead changed it to convert healing power into power. (which doesnt even need an explanation for how useless that is)

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

You’ve convinced me with your rock solid evidence there.
While I don’t doubt it has gone down, 50% is pure exaggeration.
If you are pure glass, you should, technically, be doing more damage over time.

in Ranger

Quarktastic.1027

LB took a massive hit. I came back today and spent all day messing with the different traits and no matter what i’ve done i cant get anywhere near the damage potential i had before the changes. And i think the decrease in damage is literally somewhere around 50% because i know i was hitting around 3k auto attack before this change and now i’m only doing around 1.5k

And another power build trait they removed was Strength of Spirit which converted vitality into power and instead changed it to convert healing power into power. (which doesnt even need an explanation for how useless that is)

I dunno what you’re doing wrong, but I still hit 3-4k autos at max range.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

States.6387

How are you doing this much damage then and with what build? Because i played with all of them and none are reaching anywhere that much damage.

And my gear is Power/Precision/Vitality/Ferocity (which is the same as pure zerk gear except i get vitality at the cost of a little precision)

in Ranger

States.6387

You’ve convinced me with your rock solid evidence there.
While I don’t doubt it has gone down, 50% is pure exaggeration.
If you are pure glass, you should, technically, be doing more damage over time.

I dont think anyone needs to take time to go and create a visual piece of evidence for you since it seems your only intentions here are to troll anyone who is upset about the loss of damage on LB rangers.

in Ranger

Quarktastic.1027

How are you doing this much damage then and with what build? Because i played with all of them and none are reaching anywhere that much damage.

And my gear is Power/Precision/Vitality/Ferocity (which is the same as pure zerk gear except i get vitality at the cost of a little precision)

A little precision goes a long way. You’re losing ~12% crit chance by not slotting pure zerker gear.

My initial post may have exaggerated slightly, but I generally open with strength of the pack and a marsh drake F2 to get some might stacks. With 5 targets, I hit 25 might instantly, assuming the drake’s attack hits them all.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

States.6387

A little precision goes a long way. You’re losing ~12% crit chance by not slotting pure zerker gear.

My initial post may have exaggerated slightly, but I generally open with strength of the pack and a marsh drake F2 to get some might stacks. With 5 targets, I hit 25 might instantly, assuming the drake’s attack hits them all.

So your gaining that damage through might stacking. My original comment about losing dps was without the inclusion of any buffs. Obviously stacking might is going to bring my damage up but prior to the changes might stacking would have brought my damage up as well which would have given me different numbers than 3k. This means that the issue is still present and the LB’s damage potential has been significantly nerfed.

And for my gear i’m waiting to find out if they plan on bringing back some of the ranger traits they removed before changing it back to pure zerk gear. Prior to the change there was a trait that converted 5% vitality into power which made the power/precision/vitality/ferocity gear worth it since you sacrificed a little precision for an increase in power. And with the fury buff you could still achieve well over 50% crit accuracy (right now with the changes to stats on gear i have over 50% crit before the fury buff). If they dont bring back some of the former traits however i will end up going back to pure zerk gear

in Ranger

Bingo.2174

So your gaining that damage through might stacking. My original comment about losing dps was without the inclusion of any buffs. Obviously stacking might is going to bring my damage up but prior to the changes might stacking would have brought my damage up as well which would have given me different numbers than 3k. This means that the issue is still present and the LB’s damage potential has been significantly nerfed.

And for my gear i’m waiting to find out if they plan on bringing back some of the ranger traits they removed before changing it back to pure zerk gear. Prior to the change there was a trait that converted 5% vitality into power which made the power/precision/vitality/ferocity gear worth it since you sacrificed a little precision for an increase in power. And with the fury buff you could still achieve well over 50% crit accuracy (right now with the changes to stats on gear i have over 50% crit before the fury buff). If they dont bring back some of the former traits however i will end up going back to pure zerk gear

QFT.

It seems anet logic was “Rangers complain about not being able to self combo and buff… let’s give them a way to apply more buffs…. but in the process, remove a fair chunk of their damage.” Now those self- buffs are MANDATORY to pull numbers that are just barely scraping the lower end of what we could previously do without self-might stacking.

Furthermore, these self buffs require generally being in melee range of the target, thus further crippling the ranged roles of rangers. If you do choose to play at range, the pretty much mandatory “switch pet on cooldown” rotation results in a further dps loss because the new pet then has to run its jolly kitten over you your target.

in Ranger

Quarktastic.1027

The point I was trying to make is this:

I haven’t noticed any significant change in my longbow damage since the patch. Implying that longbow damage wasn’t nerfed.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

States.6387

I haven’t noticed any significant change in my longbow damage since the patch. Implying that longbow damage wasn’t nerfed.

You havnt been paying close enough attention then because its already been discovered why some of our damage is missing from power builds

We lost,
a +10% damage modifier from Hunter’s Tactics trait (turned into crit chance)
a +5% damage modifier from former trait Eagle’s Eye
6% critical damage via ferocity stat loss

And on top of that

And we lost the 5% vitality converted into power trait
Which added a decent amount of damage for only using 2 points in the vitality tree

This was replaced with 7% healing power converted to power

Thats 15% damage
6% crit damage
and if you traited as a vit zerker, 5% conversion power

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

The NM adept trait converted 7% vitality into power

in Ranger

Posted by: Redemer.2601

Redemer.2601

from my testing it feels like the dmg has dropped by about 30% on RF (about 10k dmg) since they used to do about 28k now I end up under 20k (still havent broken it) bear in mind this is with signet of the wild and signet of the hunt plus opening strike(meaning its the initial burst no other buffs then this) and true it was done with the +10% dmg from flanking and +5% from Eagle’s Eyebut like I said now I cant even break 20k while I could almost break 30k with might so there has been a significant drop in dmg I dont know what happened since I havent been able to find something to account for the dmg drop that big really wanna know

in Ranger

Quarktastic.1027

You havnt been paying close enough attention then because its already been discovered why some of our damage is missing from power builds

We lost,

And on top of that

Which added a decent amount of damage for only using 2 points in the vitality tree

Thats 15% damage
6% crit damage

I never used any of those traits, favoring piercing arrows over eagle eye, vigorous spirits over strength of spirit, and two handed training over hunters tactics.

So yeah, I noticed an overall increase in my damage since the patch. As for the vit zerker argument, only 5 items in the game have that particular stat layout, each providing 18 vitality. Strength of spirit would have provided you a whopping 4.5 power over a pure zerker, which would only receive 46.3 points of power from base vitality.

-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

I’ll stress this out:
Longbow ranger, has literally 1 way of playing it in master line. No diversity, other options are to stupid and worthless. Focus ranger does not exist. Condition ranger has a lot lower pressure then other condition classes. Trapper ranger is totally destroyed, anet just decided to destroy one of most fun ranger builds with removing trait “with ground targeting traps”. They way anet ignores ranger community for 3 years now is unrealistic and I wonder when did this hate to our ranger class came from. Regeneration ranger is dead. Fury ranger never succeeded. And QuickDraw ranger is not working that well either, even when people thought at first that this trait is crazy good but meh it’s average, but brought something new i give them credit for that. Let’s continue, Spirit ranger is dead long ago, the pointless of this spirits is just unreal. 1 sec pre cast 3 sec before you get first benefit, and cooldown of spirit when your spirit dies? Suicide on use, and are 3 hit or 1 hit if you waste condi burn on them. What kind of joke is this? Elite spirit is just pure joke also.

What i’ve realized is, 8/20 utilities are useless right now, and 1/3 elites are worthless as well. so this gives us conclusion that 48% skills are currently practically without synergy and real proper use.ANET WAKE UP, I DON’T WANT YOUR LOVE, I WANT YOUR FAIR COMBAT BALANCE OF EVERY CLASS..

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in Ranger

Bingo.2174

I’ll stress this out:
Longbow ranger, has literally 1 way of playing it in master line. No diversity, other options are to stupid and worthless. Focus ranger does not exist. Condition ranger has a lot lower pressure then other condition classes. Trapper ranger is totally destroyed, anet just decided to destroy one of most fun ranger builds with removing trait “with ground targeting traps”. They way anet ignores ranger community for 3 years now is unrealistic and I wonder when did this hate to our ranger class came from. Regeneration ranger is dead. Fury ranger never succeeded. And QuickDraw ranger is not working that well either, even when people thought at first that this trait is crazy good but meh it’s average, but brought something new i give them credit for that. Let’s continue, Spirit ranger is dead long ago, the pointless of this spirits is just unreal. 1 sec pre cast 3 sec before you get first benefit, and cooldown of spirit when your spirit dies? Suicide on use, and are 3 hit or 1 hit if you waste condi burn on them. What kind of joke is this? Elite spirit is just pure joke also.

What i’ve realized is, 8/20 utilities are useless right now, and 1/3 elites are worthless as well. so this gives us conclusion that 48% skills are currently practically without synergy and real proper use.ANET WAKE UP, I DON’T WANT YOUR LOVE, I WANT YOUR FAIR COMBAT BALANCE OF EVERY CLASS..

but but but we can convert a bit of healing power into power. surely that’s a huge buff, right? /s

in Ranger

Redemer.2601

the best thing with the traits as they are is that you longbow do MORE dmg with remorseless build then you do with LONGBOW BUILD (btw in my opinion Lead the Wind is a joke)

in Ranger

Quarktastic.1027

the best thing with the traits as they are is that you longbow do MORE dmg with remorseless build then you do with LONGBOW BUILD (btw in my opinion Lead the Wind is a joke)

The only reason I take Lead the Wind over Remorseless in open world PvE, is because of the piercing arrows effect. Without it, the longbow loses a lot of its potency. I don’t use my longbow in organized group content (dungeons/fractals etc.)

-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

States.6387

We lost,

And on top of that

Thats 15% damage
6% crit damage

I never used any of those traits, favoring piercing arrows over eagle eye, vigorous spirits over strength of spirit, and two handed training over hunters tactics.

So yeah, I noticed an overall increase in my damage since the patch. As for the vit zerker argument, only 5 items in the game have that particular stat layout, each providing 18 vitality. Strength of spirit would have provided you a whopping 4.5 power over a pure zerker, which would only receive 46.3 points of power from base vitality.

Your now trying to defend that LB has not lost power (which has already been proven) by throwing out random traits that have nothing to do with the LB builds. Vigourus spirits? Two Handed training? So you ran a spirit ranger that didnt focus on the LB? Ok…. This discussion is about the LB and its loss of power in builds that focused on it. The vitality conversion trait actually added close to 100 power.

It’s obvious your just here to troll the thread now. There is no longer a need to take anything you further comment in this thread seriously.

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

Yeah, that’s been my experience too. I used to run LB/GS with LB traits in PvE. My LB damage with Remorseless and effectively perma-fury is actually significantly higher than pre-patch. Only reason I switched away from LB/GS is because GS/S/A is a lot of fun.

in Ranger

Bingo.2174

Yeah, that’s been my experience too. I used to run LB/GS with LB traits in PvE. My LB damage with Remorseless and effectively perma-fury is actually significantly higher than pre-patch. Only reason I switched away from LB/GS is because GS/S/A is a lot of fun.

But that’s fury from switching pet on cooldown right? Switching when you are at range with LB forces melee pets to have to run back to target and lose dps.
Plus, we shouldn’t have to have constant boons to reach the amount of dps we were doing pre patch sans-boons. :\

in Ranger

Redemer.2601

But that’s fury from switching pet on cooldown right? Switching when you are at range with LB forces melee pets to have to run back to target and lose dps.
Plus, we shouldn’t have to have constant boons to reach the amount of dps we were doing pre patch sans-boons. :\

the funny thing is that the whole pet system is basicly based around pets swap for ranger and that hurts the LB ranger more the the other builds (dmg wise) since the pet losses all aggro and has 2 run all the way back 2 the enemy (can be made a lot easier with hunters shot) and lets not forget the ICD on Clarion bond i mean seriusly if your gonna have an ICD atleast have the desensy to make it useable out of combat since it doesnt have the same CD as pet swap so they should either make it useable out of combat or change the ICD to 20 sec (we all know how it would be otherwise with pet swap before combat) here are 2 “somewhat fixes” but they will never be implemented since we are obviously a forgotten class by ANET. have the fixed healing spring yet or is it still bugged I know that We Heal as One still doesnt show the tool tip from Resounding Timbre

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

Same here, good old Traveler’s runes that we spent a bunch for are now, after the patch, not doing much damage no matter what traits or trinkets we use.

My sustain is gone, condi is down, ferocity is dead and I feel like I am the wet noodle while everyone else around me on the enemy side (WvW) focuses all Rangers first, making sure we stay at extreme range to do any good at all, which is less than any of our zerg-buddies.

Roaming? Fugetabboutit!

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Indy.8540

Just popping in here to remind everyone that literally anyone that is saying they have increased damage after this patch is a liar or was not paying attention pre-patch

I’ve already posted all the numbers and comparisons when I made the thread. If you have anything to disprove those numbers, please show it to us. Otherwise, please stop trying to misdirect the point of the thread, and help get Anet’s attention to fix things so the class is playable again. Just because you are having fun with the new stuff, and just because the stuff is new, does not mean it good and does not mean its functional.