Ranger needs love, ANet.

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

A few ideas… Would love to know your thoughts… Pretty much dreaming with these, I know, but it would be great.

Opening Strike - You and your pet cause vulnerability on Opening Strikes. Vulnerability lasts 20% longer.

Enlargement - Use Signet of the Wild when your health drops below 75%. 60s CD.

Predator’s Instinct - Your attacks apply 2s of cripple to foes that are not crippled. No ICD.

Clarion Bond - Reduce durations and CD by 33%, same goes for Call of the Wild.

Alpha Training is deleted and Steady Focus takes its place.

Replacement for Steady Focus; Tiger’s FuryGain fury for 5s if you strike an enemy below 75% health. 5s ICD.

Predator’s Onslaught - You and your pet deal 10% more damage to foes with movement impeding conditions and those conditions last 25% longer.

Strider’s DefenseYou take 20% less damage from ranged attacks while wielding a melee weapon. Sword skills recharge 20% faster.

Hidden BarbsBleed damage is increased by 20%. You gain Sharpening Stone whenever you hit a foe below 75% health. 30s CD.

Hunter’s TacticsYou have +10% critical chance while you are affected by fury.

Light on your FeetYou move 25% faster. You have +20% condition duration while wielding a Short Bow, Shortbow skills recharge 20% faster and pierce.

Most Dangerous GameYou deal 30% more damage to foes below 50% health. You take 20% more damage while you are below 50% health.

Natural VigorYou regenerate endurance 20% faster and take 50% less damage from falling.

Delete Soften the Fall

Replacement for Soften the Fall; Storm ChaserMovement impeding conditions expire 25% faster and Whenever you gain one, you gain Swiftness for 5s. 5s ICD.

Expertise TrainingYour pet has +20% condition duration and +700 condition damage.

Refined Toxins is Deleted.

Poison Master – Moved to Master tier to replace Refined Toxins – Whenever you or your pet hit with an attack, you apply 1s of poison. Poison Damage is increased by 20%. 1s ICD.

Empathic BondYou convert 1 condition to a boon for your pet every 5s. Your pet has -20% condition duration.

Replacement for Poison Master; Natural StrideWhenever you gain swiftness, you also gain super speed and resistance for 2s. 5s ICD.

Rejuvenation – Change to 75% health and increase duration to 8s.

Instinctive ReactionYou convert 5% of Power to Ferocity. You gain 3s of quickness when your health drops below 50%.

Fortifying Bond – Fury, Swiftness, Regeneration & Retaliation get 8s duration, Might gets 10s, all other boons get 4s duration.

Evasive PurityCures Crippled, Poison and one other condition.

Windborne Notes – Add 3 might for 10s.

Nature’s VengeanceSpirits pulse boons, have 100% more health, take 30% less damage, have 100% more passive range, 50% more active range, activate effects on death and recharge 20% faster. Frost = Fury, Sun = 3 Might, Stone = Stability, Storm = Quickness, Water = Resistance, Nature = Aegis.

Invigorating BondWhenever your pet gains a boon, nearby allies also gain that boon for half that duration. You are not affected.

Pets get a damage reduction as baseline.

Honed Axes – Gain +150 ferocity for each axe wielded. Axe skills recharge 20% faster. Winter’s Bite is now an AoE and you can move while channeling Whirling Defense.

Traps – Combine these into an Elite Kit. Add an Elite Trap, Smoke Trap, smoke field, blinds and dazes, 60s CD.

Make Camp – Add a survival skill, “You lay a campfire at your location.” …the skill swaps to become… “You instantly return to your camp” 10,000 teleport. 60s CD.

Disrupting Accuracy – Signet skill, Passive: "Whenever you critically hit with an arrow, you daze your target for 1/4s. 5s ICD. Active: Stun your target for 2s. 30s CD.

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Petrol.9086

Petrol.9086

Do they? I’m super happy with my ranger, they haven’t been this good since beta and back then they were OP as kitten.
Constantly evading GS crits for 4k with 100% QZ and stability ftw.

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: DHawk.2687

DHawk.2687

I honestly can’t believe that most rangers still want more buffs, even tho they have been buffed by a fair amount with the big patch.
I’m sorry to say this but rangers are powerfull the way they are, I’d even suggest taking away the vuln stacks from LB #2 since it’s able to 1hit almost anything going zerker

stop crying for buffs pls and improve on your skill, ranger is strong enough!

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I honestly can’t believe that most rangers still want more buffs, even tho they have been buffed by a fair amount with the big patch.
I’m sorry to say this but rangers are powerfull the way they are, I’d even suggest taking away the vuln stacks from LB #2 since it’s able to 1hit almost anything going zerker

By comparison, no, Ranger is not strong enough. No toolbox, no party support, no teleport, bad condi removal… The list goes on.

Also, your claim that a Zerk Ranger can 1 shot almost anything with RF is absurd. You know nothing Jon Snow.

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

Fix all the kitten bugs, roll in the pet stats they never gave us, add back the range to our off-hand weapons, fix the useless spirits and do some adjustement to some of the weak grandmaster traits.

Then you can start talking about the ranger being in a good place.

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: FrownyClown.8402

FrownyClown.8402

Tigers fury is too strong. It offers perma fury that is reapplied, making for a permanent 25% damage increase.

Predators instinct needs a 3s cd.

Most Dangerous Game should be a 20% increase.

Natural Stride is too strong when paired with storm chaser.

Removing blind from evasive purity hurts the most for lb builds.

Bad Elementalist

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kehlian.4380

Kehlian.4380

By comparison, no, Ranger is not strong enough. No toolbox, no party support, no teleport, bad condi removal… The list goes on.

Also, your claim that a Zerk Ranger can 1 shot almost anything with RF is absurd. You know nothing Jon Snow.

Bad condi removal ? Every survival skill removes 2 condis…

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

Tigers fury is too strong. It offers perma fury that is reapplied, making for a permanent 25% damage increase.

No, it would offer a 25% increased strike with a 100 % crit chance every 5 second against foes beneath 75 % health granted Remorseless is picked. Nothing close to permanent.

Fine on its own, it’s bascially a copy paste of a mesmer trait for a class that already got access to perma fury. Still too strong when coupled with Remorseless.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nicknobreak.7543

Nicknobreak.7543

It’s not that Rangers are a bad class, it’s just that literally every other class is better than Ranger.

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Predators instinct needs a 3s cd.

Most Dangerous Game should be a 20% increase.

Natural Stride is too strong when paired with storm chaser.

Removing blind from evasive purity hurts the most for lb builds.

Pred Inst not having an ICD is the point, since there is so much -% to movement conditions, traits, runes and food. Also, now movement skills ignore cripple.

That is the point of Tiger’s Fury, more fury applications. It is a cut and paste of Mesmer’s “Master Fencer” Master Minor trait.

MDG at a 20% increase would be identical to the other 20% while target is below 50% GM traits, so not deserving of the 20% more damage to the ranger, that is the trade off for the additional 10% damage.

Synergy of Natural Stride and Storm chaser is the point. You don’t get to remove conditions, but you can run faster to kite and get 40% reduction in the damage.

Blind hurting LB builds? I don’t think so, blind hardly affects Ranger at all due to out multi hit skills.

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

DHawk.2687

Bad condi removal ? Every survival skill removes 2 condis…

but yeah ranger is so underpowered xD
ppl just keep crying and crying and crying
other classes were hit so much harder than you have but nooooo
whine whine whine…

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

whine whine whine…

I just love how well informed you are. The other classes you are mentioning are in a much better place than ranger is at the moment, it can’t be compared.

Having good selfish condi removal is not going to make you good.

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

whine whine whine…

I just love how well informed you are. The other classes you are mentioning are in a much better place than ranger is at the moment, it can’t be compared.

Ignore him, he’s just another salty thief.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

I strongly believe all we need is direct access to our pet skills and the known bugs to be fixed. This will open up so many doors for rangers to become a great profession.

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

DHawk.2687

whine whine whine…

I know for a fact that ranger isn’t the bottom of the barrel
I play every profession and the 2 that suffered the most are necro and thief
if you disagree play the classes for a longer period of time pls before jabbin
oh thief is sooo op xD
thanks

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Traps – Combine these into an Elite Kit. Add an Elite Trap, Smoke Trap, smoke field, blinds and dazes, 60s CD.

Make Camp – Add a survival skill, “You lay a campfire at your location.” …the skill swaps to become… “You instantly return to your camp” 10,000 teleport. 60s CD.

Disrupting Accuracy – Signet skill, Passive: "Whenever you critically hit with an arrow, you daze your target for 1/4s. 5s ICD. Active: Stun your target for 2s. 30s CD.[/spoiler]

Really love these ideas. Bringing back the ranger interrupter and making traps much more usable
+1

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

oh thief is sooo op xD
thanks

Yeah you clearly don’t know what you are talking about. xD

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

(edited by Skullface.7293)

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Disrupting Accuracy – Signet skill, Passive: "Whenever you critically hit with an arrow, you daze your target for 1/4s. 5s ICD. Active: Stun your target for 2s. 30s CD.[/spoiler]

Really love these ideas. Bringing back the ranger interrupter and making traps much more usable
+1

Yeah, that is the intention, without utility skills, Ranger is just terrible, so elite trap kit is the go, imo. Interrupt Ranger would be a thing too. Pred Instinct and Poison Master with Natural Stride and Storm Chaser would pretty much bring back the Cripshot…. Ah, dreams…

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nicknobreak.7543

Nicknobreak.7543

Elite traps would be sweet. O.O Harkens back to the good Ole GW1 days. Also interrupt and choking gas rangers were the best.

Unfortunately it will never happen because the forum rage would be so real that rangers got new stuff and other classes didn’t. Maybe for a future expansion

(edited by Nicknobreak.7543)

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: snow.8097

snow.8097

Hello, i am main ranger and i really hope
that anet never reads dat kitten, no its more, its a grown out CAT, and you will never ever come close to a balancer of this game :>
U megalomaniac

Safi/Clio Del Ray |Ranger, Elonas Reach,
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Suggestions-Gemstore-Items/page/31#post4533037
the skrittfinisher was my idea!

(edited by snow.8097)

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Hello, i am main ranger and i really hope
that anet never reads dat kitten, no its more, its a grown out CAT, and you will never ever come close to a balancer of this game :>
U megalomaniac

Brilliant. Thanks for the input.

I know I’ll never be a balancer, if I was, Ranger would be back to what it was in GW1. Interrupts, Poison, constant cripple, mobility and evasion, good traps, good spirits, very competitive in PvP and desired for GvG, feared in AB with many many builds. All that with a decent pet along for the ride.

Edit: There is a reason Ranger is not used at all for competitive PvP, it is not competitive. Changes as drastic as these need to be made to make it so. This is what is required.

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Some good idea’s and some never going to happen ideas.

• Enlargement – needs to be changed to stone signet. Signet of the Wild doesn’t really help any of our builds.
  • Strider’s Defense – I would change to while wield melee move 25% faster, with recharge bonuses to all melee weapons.
  • Most Dangerous Game – I like the idea, but other classes already get traits like this with NO drawbacks, so if anything while target is below 50% deal 20% more damage.
  • Refined Toxins – Is a solid trait, I can understand trying to get Poison master into valid trait line and useable.
  • Empathic Bond – The changes to this trait aren’t the best, you want these for starters this trait is focused on Boon’s which would fit more into NM trait line. Honestly I do like -% condition duration to pet I’ve always felt pet’s should have natural resist to conditions and physical damage.
  • Invigorating Bond – Change it to shout, increase the radius and scales off healing power. Problem solved think about it if this trait had 600 range and was a shout and traited into Bm trait line you would be able to combo up a stronger build.

I agree with traps but it will never ever happen, Anet gave engineers kit’s. The only way we will see real improvements to traps is via Traits, they need to give us a lot more survival while wield traps “utilities slot”. They also need to add Dust combo field to Spike trap which would also help our survival.

There was fair amount good ideas and heaps of bad idea’s felt rather biased towards builds you would like to run.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

RE: MDG; Yeah, there are already several +20% while target is below 50% GM traits in the game, so suggested an additional 10% but with the drawback as well, mostly to suit the name, but it could just as easily be the same as executioner/bolt to the heart/close to death and rename it to something else, like Winnowing.

Empathic Bond; Yeah, it deals with boons, but also conditions and survival so, to me, suits WS. Although, it would also be decent in BM as well.

Trap kit; I really see traps as being an elite kit is the answer to them being terrible to run, it really fixes everything and fits thematically, since they are going for that lately. I would run that kit all the time, it would be gold for WvW and especially PvP.

Yeah, a lot of those suggestions are biased towards builds I would like to run, because I think they would be good builds, but the traits would be good for lots of others too

Thanks for the feedback.

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tusk.3846

Tusk.3846

Didn’t read. Thread title says it all.

/signed.

WPS!

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

In GW1, our PvP builds had certain things and the trends were quite common, these are the ones I used all the time there.

We have nothing like these builds here and those traits would help us get back to a good place imo, toolbox and utility, pressure etc. All with good evasion and mobility. Sigh.

Attachments:

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

In GW1, our PvP builds had certain things and the trends were quite common, these are the ones I used all the time there.

We have nothing like these builds here and those traits would help us get back to a good place imo, toolbox and utility, pressure etc. All with good evasion and mobility. Sigh.

The Magebane build would be better off going R/Mo like most/every other build, and you don’t have the GvG version of Melandru’s Shot, only the HA version

I agree with the point of your thread by the way.

The people that disagree with the thread seem to only evaluate ranger at the level of damage dealing. Their brain goes. “Ranger… Does damage. They do damage well enough. Don’t really know what the pet does but it has to help, and the damage is fine. No changes needed.”

They never stop to think that pure damage with inferior mobility and inferior in every way team utiility is a poor place for a class to be in, because they never get passed the damage part of the thought process and don’t care to educate themselves to form an unbiased opinion.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sol.4310

Sol.4310

Think it’s time to just give up with idea’s on how to improve Ranger.

We waited around 1 Year you could say 1.6 years if you take Spirit Ranger out of the question for our class to be decent. How long do we have to wait its a bloody joke.

Saizo Sol – Ranger
Twitch – Aussie Streamer

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

The Magebane build would be better off going R/Mo like most/every other build, and you don’t have the GvG version of Melandru’s Shot, only the HA version

I agree with the point of your thread by the way.

The people that disagree with the thread seem to only evaluate ranger at the level of damage dealing. Their brain goes. “Ranger… Does damage. They do damage well enough. Don’t really know what the pet does but it has to help, and the damage is fine. No changes needed.”

They never stop to think that pure damage with inferior mobility and inferior in every way team utiility is a poor place for a class to be in, because they never get passed the damage part of the thought process and don’t care to educate themselves to form an unbiased opinion.

I don’t think the players that commented on ranger being fine are actual ranger players, rather mesmers or eles that farm us in spvp. Let’s be serious here since the patch a full zerker power ranger cannot even kill a full zerker anything before it blows up, or at least very rarely. Rapid fire seems to do way less damage than before. Mobility is fine on power rangers, double swoop is yummy & you can even go all the way & play marauder melee ranger with sword/x + GS, it doesn’t get any more mobile than that. Conditions ranger is an other story, it’s bad in team fights as expected & it should be really good in 1v1s, but unfortunately it has so many bad 1v1 matchups now & combine that with limited mobility that I just don’t think it’s viable at all. Maybe I’m not skilled enough, but when I lose to rampage warriors (let’s not even talk about elementalists) on S/A+A/T ranger I die a little inside :-)

In Pve we need some serious changes to bring the class in line with warriors, eles & I suspect the OP is a pve player just like me and I really like his suggestions for that reason..

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

Just off the top of my head with regard to GM traits.

MDG: 3 stacks of might (8 secs) applied to you and your pet every 10 secs while in combat and add a passive 10/20% increase to might duration.
Gives a constant boost to both direct damage and condition while also providing synergy with other ranger traits.

Empathic Bond: Change it so that your pet cleanses condition from you instead of transferring. The trait doesnt function if the pet is dead and the trait itself damages the pet. Seems counterproductive.

Invigorating Bond: Dont know what to do about that but I would never take it as is. Maybe your pet’s F2 grants resistance for 5secs to you (with a15s ICD) or grants 5secs resistance to allies (with a 30s ICD)

edit: Would also love to have a trait that provides the ranger with +25% movement speed. Maybe do something else with Invigorating Bond to add it as a NM GM trait.

(edited by Draeyon.4392)

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Yeah, paw·ned² only allows 8 player team builds, so I just added the 1st 8 builds from my PvP template list.

The trends for all good PvP Ranger builds being; Good mobility and evasion, pressure through poison/burning/bleeding, debuffing with cripple, interrupts, condi removal and heals when not team fighting.

It really wouldn’t take much to have the same thing in GW2, SB-S/T is perfectly suited to this with some trait/skill adjustments.

Think it’s time to just give up with idea’s on how to improve Ranger.

We waited around 1 Year you could say 1.6 years if you take Spirit Ranger out of the question for our class to be decent. How long do we have to wait its a bloody joke.

I know, I know. But I just can’t give up. We could be great again with just trait changes and a couple of skills.

…In Pve we need some serious changes to bring the class in line with warriors, eles & I suspect the OP is a pve player just like me and I really like his suggestions for that reason…

I tried to add trait suggestions that would be good for PvE as well as PvP. I would not use MDG as I suggested it for PvP, but it would be great for PvE, Zerg sniping too. I enjoy all forms of the game.

…Empathic Bond: Change it so that your pet cleanses condition from you instead of transferring. The trait doesnt function if the pet is dead and the trait itself damages the pet. Seems counterproductive…

…edit: Would also love to have a trait that provides the ranger with +25% movement speed. Maybe do something else with Invigorating Bond to add it as a NM GM trait.

The suggestion I made for EB was to remove the condition from the Ranger and make it the corresponding boon on the pet. So it would be a cleanse. Sorry if I worded it weird.

25% run speed would be good, but more like an adept trait, assuming it has some condition. I suggested it be on LoYF with SB.

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

DHawk.2687

oh thief is sooo op xD
thanks

then teach me oh wise allknowing master xD

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

oh thief is sooo op xD
thanks

Feel free to upload some video of Rangers in any PvP tournaments that matter.

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

DHawk.2687

oh thief is sooo op xD
thanks

Only because it isn’t used in pvp tournements it doesn’t mean the class is bad
it just doesn’t fill the roles needed…
ranger is not a pvp class for close combat 1v1ing, and he’ll never will

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

oh thief is sooo op xD
thanks

Precisely why it needs buffs. It should be able to fulfil all the roles needed to a degree, being a jack of all trades, but currently it does none of them.

It could easily be fantastic for PvP, as it was in GW1 and it wouldn’t really take all that much.

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

DHawk.2687

oh thief is sooo op xD
thanks

Precisely why it needs buffs. It should be able to fulfil all the roles needed to a degree, being a jack of all trades, but currently it does none of them.

It could easily be fantastic for PvP, as it was in GW1 and it wouldn’t really take all that much.

yes you don’t see it in big pvp tournaments, does that mean you aren’t allowed to use them, especially condi rangers are very strong and there are enough successfull ones in pvp
and the patch hasen’t been out long so you could at least wait for some of said pvp players to maybe find a ranger build that could be viable in tournaments
not just say oh buff ranger

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

And you wonder why people won’t take you seriously. You even realize how dumb this sounds?

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

oh thief is sooo op xD
thanks

yes you don’t see it in big pvp tournaments, does that mean you aren’t allowed to use them, especially condi rangers are very strong and there are enough successfull ones in pvp
and the patch hasen’t been out long so you could at least wait for some of said pvp players to maybe find a ranger build that could be viable in tournaments
not just say oh buff ranger

You can look at all the ranger traits 30mins after the patch and see that there is no Meta builds to be made from it. Not only did they not really improve the areas needed, they actually nerfed a few things.

You don’t see it in top PvP because it is sub-par and good players do not play sub par classes in top tier PvP. It just brings nothing to the table. Condi Ranger is much weaker now than it was before because it has much less condi removal.

If Ranger had the mobility of thief, then it could perhaps compete with thief for the +1 position roamer, but it doesn’t. If spirits were decent, it could have a lot of team support, but they aren’t. If traps were consolidated into an Elite kit to leave room for utility, we could be area denial and hampering, but they aren’t. If pets didn’t die in 10s to AoE because they had decent mitigation, we could use them more effectively, but they don’t. If we had burst damage, we could contribute and be effective, but we don’t, well nothing that isn’t immensely telegraphed or bugged. The list goes on.

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

DHawk.2687

And you wonder why people won’t take you seriously. You even realize how dumb this sounds?

Well I’m sorry you can’t think out of the box and need to start crying as soon as you can’t kill something or someone with more skill than you
You just sound like every other kid that screams hacker as soon as they die

Wait until anet is done balancing and tweaking small things fixing the bigger issues than your little skill problem

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

Oh.. what a clown!

/quadrofacepalm achieved.

(edited by Rizo.9534)

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Oh.. what a clown!

/quadrofacepalm achieved.

You just misquoted me, maybe want to change that to the correct poster.

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

Well I’m sorry you can’t think out of the box and need to start crying as soon as you can’t kill something or someone with more skill than you
You just sound like every other kid that screams hacker as soon as they die

Wait until anet is done balancing and tweaking small things fixing the bigger issues than your little skill problem

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

Soz man! Done

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Soz man! Done

All good mate

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Honestly, I want to see something like this.

Sharpened Edges/Trapper’s Expertise, Spotter, LoYF, Storm Chaser, Poison Master, Natural Stride, Instinctive Reaction, Windborne Notes and Nature’s Vengeance traits from above, Sword/WH on swap with a bar like I attached. Oh, yeah, Celestial Amulet with Krait/Scavenging/Rata Sum/Lyssa Runes… Many would work.

You could trap near, drop your campfire somewhere close, then move off to mid, rupt/bleed/poison/cripple +1 there, buff the team, drop stone spirit somewhere nice for them, move off to far, assist, see the traps went off at near, teleport back and blow them up, etc. I think that would be very meta.

Attachments:

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Sharpened Edges/Trapper’s Expertise, Spotter, LoYF, Storm Chaser, Poison Master, Natural Stride, Instinctive Reaction, Windborne Notes and Nature’s Vengeance traits from above, Sword/WH on swap with a bar like I attached. Oh, yeah, Celestial Amulet with Krait/Scavenging/Rata Sum/Lyssa Runes… Many would work.

You could trap near, drop your campfire somewhere close, then move off to mid, rupt/bleed/poison/cripple +1 there, buff the team, drop stone spirit somewhere nice for them, move off to far, assist, see the traps went off at near, teleport back and blow them up, etc. I think that would be very meta.

Aww look at the little camp site

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kyosji.8961

Kyosji.8961

I think some people need to make a A/T + SB condition ranger. I’ve always ALWAYS killed faster then nearly any other player doing 1v1 and group mobs. Even in Orr, where I am not fully speced, I can kill faster than most people I’ve seen. The GS +LB power build for Ranger is underwhelming compared to a good Con build.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-J;5Fky-t2cDF-0;9-6;2Z_b;0257146056;4a-17T;1jxqQjxqQdxk8TbnP;38999A9B9C9DeGB1YF8JX6TsW6Tg

Roughly what I use, and it works great in PvE. I rarely get hit, and even when I do, it’s not something life threatening. Pet takes most of the hits, gathers all agro, and also, I can tangle if necessary. Traps are a godsend as well. Things just melt far faster then other players around me.

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Aww look at the little camp site

1st one I saw on google image

I think some people need to make a A/T + SB condition ranger. I’ve always ALWAYS killed faster then nearly any other player doing 1v1 and group mobs. Even in Orr, where I am not fully speced, I can kill faster than most people I’ve seen. The GS +LB power build for Ranger is underwhelming compared to a good Con build.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-J;5Fky-t2cDF-0;9-6;2Z_b;0257146056;4a-17T;1jxqQjxqQdxk8TbnP;38999A9B9C9DeGB1YF8JX6TsW6Tg

Roughly what I use, and it works great in PvE. I rarely get hit, and even when I do, it’s not something life threatening. Pet takes most of the hits, gathers all agro, and also, I can tangle if necessary. Traps are a godsend as well. Things just melt far faster then other players around me.

I think you are posting to the wrong thread? There is actually no thread on the 1st page that post would fit though… A mystery.

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

I must say, I never considered using Brown Bear and traiting Natural Regeneration…

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

Ranger needs love, ANet.

in Ranger

Posted by: Draeyon.4392

Draeyon.4392

Oh and Spirits in general need to be buffed or given a complete overhaul.

My Suggestion would be for them to stay how they work now, make them something that cant be targeted (like banners) and keep the self destruct on active use but maybe add like a combo field or blast finisher to their actual death.
E.g. Water spirit – Water field, Frost – Ice, Storm – Lightning, Sun – Fire, Stone – smoke/dark (or even a muddy terrain)?, Nature – light. 2-3 sec fields for heal and utilities, 5 secs for elite.
After that, just adjust their effects (and trait effects) accordingly. At least that is how I would adjust it if they keep the spirits stationary as they are now.
Also, sorry if someone has already mentioned this sort of idea.

(edited by Draeyon.4392)