Ranger range 1500 need risk, Sugg: 1300 range

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

Darksyze, as my main is a meditation guardian I could give you plenty of advice on how to counter longbow rangers. If you would post your build (using gw2skills.net) I could give you some pointers. In fact, your best bet would of been to go to the guardian forums and open up a topic asking for advice on how to deal with longbow rangers, instead of requesting nerfs that will never happen.

The range is very easily negated through a Judge’s Intervention and Flashing Blade (sword teleport) or Leap of Faith (greatsword leap). Also, Flashing Blade/Leap of Faith blinds the target so there’s a chance the ranger will try to use Poing Blank Shot or Hunter’s Shot and miss.

If you can’t beat a longbow ranger after closing the gap either the issue lies with the build you’re using or simply the skill you have. In either case, I really doubt that 200 less range would help you in any way win the fight. Ask for advice, listen to the advice and apply it to your skill set. Asking for nerfs of a profession that beat you will in no way make you a better player.

This is the build i use: a heal build because that is what Guardian class is

http://www.gw2db.com/skill-builds/575-heal-guard

I do not have very high gear+accessories but i am almost there like: ascended.

I would like to try your meditation build and your advice

Well, that explains a lot…

Fault 1, the Guardian class is what you make of it. Since there is no primary healing meta in the game, nor tanking, you get to mix and match for your comfort.

Fault 2, The URL/Build you posted, it is dated 2012. Game has changed as did the supporting Guardian builds.

I’d seriously recommend going back to the Guardian form and spend more time there asking for help rather than telling this forum how OP they are. Heck, search for the healaway build, it is a good place to start. Most build off of that.

I understand and Thank You! Crapgame: it is my duty like you to report problem to Arena net so they can investigate and do research. I am not telling this forum how Op they are but asking for make ranger class challenge. If Guardian class had same problem: i would report same to Arena net. I am not picking on ranger class like some player say i am: again i am just asking for Arena net to make ranger class challenge, that is all.

Every player experience is important in this game, as long they want challenge-risk+reward and fun.

If you see the same for Guardian class: i will not be angry at you or make you feel not important: because you are important like all of us player. We player are community- community help each other feel important, no matter differences. And also, not everyone experience in the community is same and we need to respect that. Just because you do not see a problem, do not mean there is not a problem. That is why it is important for Arena net to investigate and see if there is real problem and to give us player result from investigation so we will not get angry at each other for a long time

Example: it is like have 2 brothers/2 sisters arguing about how is right and who is wrong and than the parent step in and resolve it.

So just to be clear, you are going to completely disregard all of the players that have stated they have no problem beating a longbow ranger 1v1, you are going to ignore every argument rangers have made listing the counters that other classes can bring against the longbow, and you are just going to decide rangers have no challenge.

And your whole argument is based on the fact that rangers have no challenge beating you, a player who knowingly chooses to run a completely outdated, healing build, instead of running skills that would not only make you all around more useful but would also give you a huge advantage while fighting a ranger.

This is your argument…..

I said i understand. Where did i say i am going to completely disregard all of the players? Understand do not mean to say i agree with you.

Example: I say I understand why you did this: i do not mean i have to agree with you why you did this.

I do not know why you want me to say yes i agree and i already tell you i understand? why can you not accept me understand?

Guardian is a support healing class: Guardian is not warrior, thief, ranger, mesmer, engineer, necromancer but Guardian. I chose Guardian because that is what Guardian is for. If i want only damage class: i can chose ranger, warrior, thief.

I did research and investigation before chose Guardian class because other class in party need Guardian for that.

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

(edited by DarkSyze.8627)

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

Darksyze, as my main is a meditation guardian I could give you plenty of advice on how to counter longbow rangers. If you would post your build (using gw2skills.net) I could give you some pointers. In fact, your best bet would of been to go to the guardian forums and open up a topic asking for advice on how to deal with longbow rangers, instead of requesting nerfs that will never happen.

The range is very easily negated through a Judge’s Intervention and Flashing Blade (sword teleport) or Leap of Faith (greatsword leap). Also, Flashing Blade/Leap of Faith blinds the target so there’s a chance the ranger will try to use Poing Blank Shot or Hunter’s Shot and miss.

If you can’t beat a longbow ranger after closing the gap either the issue lies with the build you’re using or simply the skill you have. In either case, I really doubt that 200 less range would help you in any way win the fight. Ask for advice, listen to the advice and apply it to your skill set. Asking for nerfs of a profession that beat you will in no way make you a better player.

Well, that explains a lot…

Fault 1, the Guardian class is what you make of it. Since there is no primary healing meta in the game, nor tanking, you get to mix and match for your comfort.

Fault 2, The URL/Build you posted, it is dated 2012. Game has changed as did the supporting Guardian builds.

I’d seriously recommend going back to the Guardian form and spend more time there asking for help rather than telling this forum how OP they are. Heck, search for the healaway build, it is a good place to start. Most build off of that.

I understand and Thank You! Crapgame: it is my duty like you to report problem to Arena net so they can investigate and do research. I am not telling this forum how Op they are but asking for make ranger class challenge. If Guardian class had same problem: i would report same to Arena net. I am not picking on ranger class like some player say i am: again i am just asking for Arena net to make ranger class challenge, that is all.

Every player experience is important in this game, as long they want challenge-risk+reward and fun.

If you see the same for Guardian class: i will not be angry at you or make you feel not important: because you are important like all of us player. We player are community- community help each other feel important, no matter differences. And also, not everyone experience in the community is same and we need to respect that. Just because you do not see a problem, do not mean there is not a problem. That is why it is important for Arena net to investigate and see if there is real problem and to give us player result from investigation so we will not get angry at each other for a long time

Example: it is like have 2 brothers/2 sisters arguing about how is right and who is wrong and than the parent step in and resolve it.

So just to be clear, you are going to completely disregard all of the players that have stated they have no problem beating a longbow ranger 1v1, you are going to ignore every argument rangers have made listing the counters that other classes can bring against the longbow, and you are just going to decide rangers have no challenge.

And your whole argument is based on the fact that rangers have no challenge beating you, a player who knowingly chooses to run a completely outdated, healing build, instead of running skills that would not only make you all around more useful but would also give you a huge advantage while fighting a ranger.

This is your argument…..

where did i say i am going to completely disregard all of the players?

You have repeatedly shown it through your actions.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

where did i say i am going to completely disregard all of the players? [/quote]

As far as I can tell it is that this discussion has reached an impasse and for those that disagree with you it is coming across as you are metaphorically saying “Yeah , but it is still broken.” over and over again.

Everyone has a opinion and that’s fine, but at this point the subject of this thread is going no where. You are not going to convince anyone who feel that the range is not an issue of changing their stance on it anymore than they can convince you that it is otherwise.

So the best we all can hope for it a moderator will lock the thread as the discussing is doing laps around itself.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

where did i say i am going to completely disregard all of the players?

As far as I can tell it is that this discussion has reached an impasse and for those that disagree with you it is coming across as you are metaphorically saying “Yeah , but it is still broken.” over and over again.

Everyone has a opinion and that’s fine, but at this point the subject of this thread is going no where. You are not going to convince anyone who feel that the range is not an issue of changing their stance on it anymore than they can convince you that it is otherwise.

So the best we all can hope for it a moderator will lock the thread as the discussing is doing laps around itself. [/quote]

=———————————————————————————————

And will continue pretend there is no problem correct? Arena net will resolve this even if thread lock or not lock because they know how important challenge and fun in this game and they will do their best effort to make it happen. Even if you do not want it and hate it, it will happen.

Hint- Here is Arena net Super Adventure Box video with the word: Enter a world of challenging fun and sweet graphics! Do you have what it takes to get through three awesome levels of platforms, puzzles, and pests? Open the Super Adventure Box and find out! From April 1-30

Ankur

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

And will continue pretend there is no problem correct?

I will try to explain this in as simply as I can. While you feel it is a problems other do not share that view and your reasoning has not been sufficient to convince myself or any others that did not already share that view.

So everyone can keep going back and forth accomplishing nothing or we could all just agree to disagree and let the designers make the call on what needs to happen.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

And will continue pretend there is no problem correct?

I will try to explain this in as simply as I can. While you feel it is a problems other do not share that view and your reasoning has not been sufficient to convince myself or any others that did not already share that view.

So everyone can keep going back and forth accomplishing nothing or we could all just agree to disagree and let the designers make the call on what needs to happen.

You are correct

Ankur

in Ranger

Puck.9612

snip

If you find rangers so challenging to fight against why are you trying so hard to get them nerfed? I thought challenge=fun.

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

snip

If you find rangers so challenging to fight against why are you trying so hard to get them nerfed? I thought challenge=fun.

I am not trying so hard to get them nerfed. Because 1500 ranger is too much range to be challenge and fun.

Example: if there is a fight between a plane and a car: would you say it is challenge? Imagine the plane is ranger and the car is other class: would you say same?

Bran is correct still.

Ankur

in Ranger

Puck.9612

snip

I am not trying so hard to get them nerfed. Because 1500 ranger is too much range to be challenge and fun.

Example: if there is a fight between a plane and a car: would you say it is challenge? Imagine the plane is ranger and the car is other class: would you say same?

Bran is correct still.

I’ve got a better example for you, imagine a game that put in skills and mechanics that allowed you to counter skills another profession might use against you in PvP…. Oh wait, that is this game.

Maybe instead of spending so much time complaining about the professions that challenge you, you should learn the mechanics of your own profession so that you can fight back.

Guardians are an incredibly difficult fight for rangers if they aren’t running something like a garbage healing build. If the race is between planes and you decide that you want to cut the wings off your plane and call it a car, you have no one to blame but yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: azyume.6321

azyume.6321

That build is odd and outdated. No wonder you have trouble.

Now this is my own version of the meditation: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVEQNAR7dlsApaodDxcI8DRRDRljNY/eHXXe9BkABAA-TFCFABI8AAUS5HWKBB4gAIwFAIR1faZ/hEOCAkBQfMA-w

I’ve modified the meditation build to adapt to my play style. Optimal? Surely not. Part of the meta? Never would be. I have fun playing with it? Most definitely. Do I have a trouble with rangers? No.

Current meta meditation build for PvP: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Guardian_-_Meditation_Hammer

Now try out yours. Find something you have fun, suites your play style and yet won’t be stomped by every profession.

Guardian Commander
Thief / Mesmer / Elementalist / Warrior / Necromancer / Ranger / Engineer / Revenant
Crystal Desert – Eredon Terrace – Fort Aspenwood – Stormbluff Isle

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

What I am struggling with DarkSyze is that you get a pass for not understanding how a Ranger works. Because you play a Guardian. To call you ignorant isn’t a frontal attack on you, the player, but of the lack of understanding. I wanted to clear the air around me calling you a little bit ignorant. I’m ignorant of necromancer, mesmer, thief, engineers, and elemental classes. I consider it bliss though.

There is no “healing” meta in the game. Nor is there any tanking. You have traits, gear, accessories, and food to balance out your choices. I suggested you look at the Healaway build which even by the original creator is a bit out dated but still somewhat solid build. It is one that is support oriented yet allows you to roam and be productive in general. Oddly enough, the changes have happened over the course of launch and there are more favorable builds that offer support if you choose that are not so 2012.

Rangers 1500 range isn’t easy mode. It is to someone that isn’t paying attention. I will agree with you 100% in that if I, player whom is afk or not paying attention to the fight around me, would get hurt by any class hitting me from 1500 range. I would also get wrecked if I was still AFK or watching the environment pass me by by an oppertunistic thief who decided to put a dagger in my back. Or Guardian who instead of placing a band aid on my open would spooled up focus 5, stutter stepped, then JI’d on me, hit smit condition, then swap to GS and unloaded holy hell on my. Poof.

Challenge is what you make of the game. You choose to go DPS then there is a price to pay called lack of defense. There is no such thing as a 6/6/6/6/6 build. We have to choose, much like you, the guardian. You also can go DPS but it will cost you. You can go DPS with comfort and support, if you choose.

If you don’t see a challenge in the Ranger then transfer servers that may offer one. Play naked with nothing but your skivvies on. No buffs, no food, nothing. See if that ups the ante at all.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

That build is odd and outdated. No wonder you have trouble.

Now this is my own version of the meditation: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVEQNAR7dlsApaodDxcI8DRRDRljNY/eHXXe9BkABAA-TFCFABI8AAUS5HWKBB4gAIwFAIR1faZ/hEOCAkBQfMA-w

I’ve modified the meditation build to adapt to my play style. Optimal? Surely not. Part of the meta? Never would be. I have fun playing with it? Most definitely. Do I have a trouble with rangers? No.

Current meta meditation build for PvP: http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Guardian_-_Meditation_Hammer

Now try out yours. Find something you have fun, suites your play style and yet won’t be stomped by every profession.

Thank You! Azyume

Ankur

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

What I am struggling with DarkSyze is that you get a pass for not understanding how a Ranger works. Because you play a Guardian. To call you ignorant isn’t a frontal attack on you, the player, but of the lack of understanding. I wanted to clear the air around me calling you a little bit ignorant. I’m ignorant of necromancer, mesmer, thief, engineers, and elemental classes. I consider it bliss though.

There is no “healing” meta in the game. Nor is there any tanking. You have traits, gear, accessories, and food to balance out your choices. I suggested you look at the Healaway build which even by the original creator is a bit out dated but still somewhat solid build. It is one that is support oriented yet allows you to roam and be productive in general. Oddly enough, the changes have happened over the course of launch and there are more favorable builds that offer support if you choose that are not so 2012.

Rangers 1500 range isn’t easy mode. It is to someone that isn’t paying attention. I will agree with you 100% in that if I, player whom is afk or not paying attention to the fight around me, would get hurt by any class hitting me from 1500 range. I would also get wrecked if I was still AFK or watching the environment pass me by by an oppertunistic thief who decided to put a dagger in my back. Or Guardian who instead of placing a band aid on my open would spooled up focus 5, stutter stepped, then JI’d on me, hit smit condition, then swap to GS and unloaded holy hell on my. Poof.

Challenge is what you make of the game. You choose to go DPS then there is a price to pay called lack of defense. There is no such thing as a 6/6/6/6/6 build. We have to choose, much like you, the guardian. You also can go DPS but it will cost you. You can go DPS with comfort and support, if you choose.

If you don’t see a challenge in the Ranger then transfer servers that may offer one. Play naked with nothing but your skivvies on. No buffs, no food, nothing. See if that ups the ante at all.

Thank You! Crapgame for taking you time to explaining this to me better

Ankur

in Ranger

Posted by: drgast.1469

drgast.1469

This thread makes me laugh. Ranger hits from farther than I can hit…must be OP. Must nerf. Nao!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

A couple things about the build you posted DarkSyze. For starters, that build was designed for pvp and contenting points. It has no place in an open environment for either roaming (1v1) or zerg vs zerg (large scale battles). I’ll link you a build for each that will put you in a position to have success.

Meditation Roaming for roaming /small scale (Focuses on damage)

AH Frontliner for Zergs /large scale (Focuses on sustain and support)

Before I go any further though, what do you want out your game play? Do you want to run with the large group while supporting it in the front lines, or do you want to roam by yourself taking on fights 1v1? The two are built completely different as one has more focus on damage (roaming) and the other specializes in support and sustain (zergs). You won’t ever be successful roaming with a build for zergs, you’ll get crushed every time by any competent roamer regardless of their profession.

(edited by Shanks.2907)

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Why we don’t talk about how easily can 1200 range outran?
1500 is a bit better, but most foes try to stick in your face, and the autoaiming of GW2 sends your skills to cooldown without casting it…

With some unique rules & mechanics, rangers SHOULD have at least 1500 range base on Long Range Shot. Without that Grandmaster trait, we’re never even close to “Unparelled Archers”, lmao…

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Ranger

Posted by: Toxicity.5392

Toxicity.5392

Longbow ranger is easily countered, and if you’ve got 1500 range you’re not using pierce which means you probably suck.

I only use 1500 range in pvp because I get molested every time I leave the gate. WvW/PvE is always pierce.

Condi ranger is far stronger in pvp than power longbow.

I farm more than a chinese gold seller.

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

A couple things about the build you posted DarkSyze. For starters, that build was designed for pvp and contenting points. It has no place in an open environment for either roaming (1v1) or zerg vs zerg (large scale battles). I’ll link you a build for each that will put you in a position to have success.

Meditation Roaming for roaming /small scale (Focuses on damage)

AH Frontliner for Zergs /large scale (Focuses on sustain and support)

Before I go any further though, what do you want out your game play? Do you want to run with the large group while supporting it in the front lines, or do you want to roam by yourself taking on fights 1v1? The two are built completely different as one has more focus on damage (roaming) and the other specializes in support and sustain (zergs). You won’t ever be successful roaming with a build for zergs, you’ll get crushed every time by any competent roamer regardless of their profession.

I want out of my game play to survive more and do damage. The way i always see it: the only 2 class that should survive more in fight is warrior and guardian. It look i have no choice but to roam by myself-The Guardian Meditation Roamer is very interesting and Great build.

Here is something i want to share: i always thought wvw was about zergs only because there was a commander who lead a zerg group. So that got me interested and excited to level to get to wvw fast. The first time i got in wvw: i see the zerg and run to it: i see that i was late to catch up to zerg but still i keep running. It was until i was instant kill and i didn’t know how did it happen so fast because i did not even have time to react: a thief class kill me. I was in downstate and use my downskill thinking they would attack thief in stealth but did not at all.

So i blame myself for not catching up to zerg in time so that is why i build all my class build for zerg only.

I always believe if you want to 1v1, 2v1, etc or dual: it would be in spvp+pvp only and that wvw was zergs only: i was wrong.

Sometimes i forget about it and sometime get me confuse because i spvp sometime and think that what it is only for.

There is risk and reward in spvp+pvp than in wvw: that is what i always want same for wvw.

I sometime think wvw map is too big and need to be smaller to force more risk and reward and more challenge play. Example; i use to hear people say, “too much freedom can sometime make you lazy”: maybe that is what is happen to wvw map? Solution: create more map to compensate: it would help resolve a lot of lags problem too. It just my opinion that is all

Ankur

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

All is lost in this thread and I have no idea why we continued to feed the OP.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

It’s like a car accident on the side of the road, you complain how everyone is causing a traffic jam by rubbernecking, but when you get close enough to see you can’t help but slow down and have a look.

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

It’s like a car accident on the side of the road, you complain how everyone is causing a traffic jam by rubbernecking, but when you get close enough to see you can’t help but slow down and have a look.

That is so very true

in Ranger

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

DarkSyze you will achieve nothing.

Everything you have demonstrated exposes that you don’t understand how the game works at all. It means you don’t know how to play your class and, as a result of your frustration, want to shift the blame on everyone else.

Do yourself a favour and think about what you’re doing. Games like these aren’t designed for players to run them without thinking. If you can’t handle it, play something simpler.

It seems this game is not for you.

(edited by Inoki.6048)

in Ranger

Posted by: RoyalPredator.9163

RoyalPredator.9163

Just as a sidenote; RANGEr stands for the range they patrol/look after, not how long they shoot.

Game Designer || iREVOLUTION.Design \\
“A man chooses; a slave obeys.” | “Want HardMode? Play Ranger!”

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

DarkSyze – check out the thread in this forum entitled: “DMD – w/ Video Uncut 1v1s, 1v2s, and 1v3s”. You can watch the whole thing if you want, but I am going to ask you to fast forward to the 8:30 marker. Start there and let it roll.

Watch that then please come back here and let me know what you see. I’ll gladly pass you 5 gold once you are done.

Also check out 11:13 time marker.

Peace!

(edited by Crapgame.6519)

in Ranger

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

So let me put description of ranger article here so other can see how “almost worthless” ranger is with 1500 range.

The Power Ranger,

Over 60% crit chance
AOE Cripple (Barrage/Muddy Terrain)
Near total condition immunity (thanks to Survival Skills)
Fear (Wolf)
Knockdown (Wolf)
Long range Knockback (Point Blank Shot)
x3 Immobilize, two of which are AOE (Entangle/Muddy Terrain/Spider)
Stealth from Longbow and exceptional for escaping: Hunters Shot > Greatsword > Swoop)
Immunity for 6 seconds (Signet of Stone)
Immunity for 3 seconds (Counter attack)
Long duration daze (Hilt Bash)
Long duration cripple (Counter attack throw)
1500 attacking range
Auto attacks that consistently hit for over 1500 from 1500 range
Enormous spike damage from Rapid Fire, on a cooldown of only 10 seconds
High mobility when using Swoop + Rune of the Pack
An Elite on a 48 second cooldown (Entangle)

Example: if mesmer and thief had 1500 range, it would be same “worthless”? Please tell that in mesmer forum and thief forum.

Here is some Ranger upgrade patch note:

“Read the Wind:
This trait now grants a 10% attack speed increase while wielding a longbow.
Signet of the Beastmaster:
This trait has been replaced by Predator’s Onslaught.* *All effects from that trait have been rolled into the baseline signet abilities.
Predator’s Onslaught:
Rangers deal 10% bonus damage to enemies suffering from inhibiting conditions (cripple, chill, immobilize). Pets deal 5% bonus damage to these enemies as well.
Strider’s Defense:
Increased the chance to block projectiles while executing melee attacks from 15% to 20%.
Rending Attacks:
This trait now affects all pets.
Intimidation Training:
This trait now affects all pet abilities that deal direct damage. This effect can only occur once per ability.
Stability Training:
Fixed a bug that caused this trait to never activate. This trait now affects all pets.
Sic ’Em:
Increased the duration of revealed from 4 seconds to 6 seconds.
Long Range Shot:
Increased damage at the 0-500 range by 17%. Increased damage at the 500-1000 range by 7%.
Rapid Fire:
Decreased casting time from 5 seconds to 2.5 seconds.
Barrage:
Reduced cast time by 0.6 seconds.
Power Stab:
Increased damage of this skill by 10%.
Maul:
Increased the range of this skill from 150 to 220. Increased the number of targets from 3 to 5.
Swoop:
The ranger now evades during the attack portion of the skill.
Counterattack:
Reduced the aftercast of the kick portion of this skill by 0.7 seconds.
Hilt Bash:
Increased stun and daze durations to 1.5 seconds.
Entangle:
Reduced recharge of this skill from 150 seconds to 60 seconds. Decreased the active duration of the roots from 20 seconds to 5.
Ricochet:
This skill now grants 3 seconds of might on hit.
Path of Scars:
Increased projectile velocity by 25%.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-September-9-2014

I heard from my friend’s cousin that a ranger could win 4v1 and not even lose.

Maaaaan, I read somwhere that this ranger dude took out the entire dragonbrand zerg by himself with rapid fire and piercing arrows while drinking coffee, watching manime, and making sure their cat didn’t get on the keyboard.

Rangers are sooooo OP ~

in Ranger

Posted by: arron.7348

arron.7348

i have a funny story for you darksyze

along side my ranger, i also play many other classes. like you, one of my favorite classes to play is my guardian(even after the stability nerf). my guardian is mainly used as a frontliner in wvw, and as such, i use a build that compliments this style of play – an AH shout build, gs/staff or ham/staff. i use soldier gear with hoelbrak runes, -condi food, and power utility.

on this guardian that is, by no means, built for damage – i can completely shut down any ranger(or, well, almost any class in the game actually) without even moving. yes, i have successfully beat rangers 1v1 without moving. if i make an effort to actively attack them, i can close the gap between me and them in 3 seconds, suffering no damage, and can kill them before they can even react.

guardian is, by no small margin, one of the absolutely strongest classes in wvw. against a ranger? guardian is a hard counter.

i implore that you study up on how to play before continuing your crusade against rangers

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

So let me put description of ranger article here so other can see how “almost worthless” ranger is with 1500 range.

The Power Ranger,

Over 60% crit chance
Fear (Wolf)
Knockdown (Wolf)
Long range Knockback (Point Blank Shot)
x3 Immobilize, two of which are AOE (Entangle/Muddy Terrain/Spider)
Stealth from Longbow and exceptional for escaping: Hunters Shot > Greatsword > Swoop)
Immunity for 6 seconds (Signet of Stone)
Immunity for 3 seconds (Counter attack)
Long duration daze (Hilt Bash)
Long duration cripple (Counter attack throw)
1500 attacking range
Auto attacks that consistently hit for over 1500 from 1500 range
Enormous spike damage from Rapid Fire, on a cooldown of only 10 seconds
High mobility when using Swoop + Rune of the Pack
An Elite on a 48 second cooldown (Entangle)

Example: if mesmer and thief had 1500 range, it would be same “worthless”? Please tell that in mesmer forum and thief forum.

Here is some Ranger upgrade patch note:

“Read the Wind:
This trait now grants a 10% attack speed increase while wielding a longbow.
Signet of the Beastmaster:
This trait has been replaced by Predator’s Onslaught.* *All effects from that trait have been rolled into the baseline signet abilities.
Predator’s Onslaught:
Rangers deal 10% bonus damage to enemies suffering from inhibiting conditions (cripple, chill, immobilize). Pets deal 5% bonus damage to these enemies as well.
Strider’s Defense:
Increased the chance to block projectiles while executing melee attacks from 15% to 20%.
Rending Attacks:
This trait now affects all pets.
Intimidation Training:
This trait now affects all pet abilities that deal direct damage. This effect can only occur once per ability.
Stability Training:
Fixed a bug that caused this trait to never activate. This trait now affects all pets.
Sic ’Em:
Increased the duration of revealed from 4 seconds to 6 seconds.
Long Range Shot:
Increased damage at the 0-500 range by 17%. Increased damage at the 500-1000 range by 7%.
Rapid Fire:
Decreased casting time from 5 seconds to 2.5 seconds.
Barrage:
Reduced cast time by 0.6 seconds.
Power Stab:
Increased damage of this skill by 10%.
Maul:
Increased the range of this skill from 150 to 220. Increased the number of targets from 3 to 5.
Swoop:
The ranger now evades during the attack portion of the skill.
Counterattack:
Reduced the aftercast of the kick portion of this skill by 0.7 seconds.
Hilt Bash:
Increased stun and daze durations to 1.5 seconds.
Entangle:
Reduced recharge of this skill from 150 seconds to 60 seconds. Decreased the active duration of the roots from 20 seconds to 5.
Ricochet:
This skill now grants 3 seconds of might on hit.
Path of Scars:
Increased projectile velocity by 25%.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-September-9-2014

I heard from my friend’s cousin that a ranger could win 4v1 and not even lose.

Maaaaan, I read somwhere that this ranger dude took out the entire dragonbrand zerg by himself with rapid fire and piercing arrows while drinking coffee, watching manime, and making sure their cat didn’t get on the keyboard.

Rangers are sooooo OP ~

humor

Ankur

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

along side my ranger, i also play many other classes. like you, one of my favorite classes to play is my guardian(even after the stability nerf). my guardian is mainly used as a frontliner in wvw, and as such, i use a build that compliments this style of play – an AH shout build, gs/staff or ham/staff. i use soldier gear with hoelbrak runes, -condi food, and power utility.

on this guardian that is, by no means, built for damage – i can completely shut down any ranger(or, well, almost any class in the game actually) without even moving. yes, i have successfully beat rangers 1v1 without moving. if i make an effort to actively attack them, i can close the gap between me and them in 3 seconds, suffering no damage, and can kill them before they can even react.

guardian is, by no small margin, one of the absolutely strongest classes in wvw. against a ranger? guardian is a hard counter.

i implore that you study up on how to play before continuing your crusade against rangers

I believe you Arron: i will use some of my time to learn guardian class more

Ankur

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

DarkSyze – come on man, read my post, watch the video, and talk to me. I mean, free 5 gold.

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze – come on man, read my post, watch the video, and talk to me. I mean, free 5 gold.

The ranger is very experience player because of a lot of hard training. Yes! maybe one day i will be like him but it will take a lot of sacrifice and time to train hard.

I already decide to use little time for wvw until Arena net make wvw challenge and fun but i will make sure i use time for training to learn to fight against long bow ranger.

Ankur

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

First of, a RANGEr is, even by its name, a R . A . N . G . E . D . class, finally understand it..

By coincidence. The word “ranger” doesn’t derive from “ranged combat”. It can be anything from wanderer to someone doing patrolling. Secondly, there is no such thing as a “ranged class” in this game.

in Ranger

Crapgame.6519

4918:

The ranger is very experience player because of a lot of hard training. Yes! maybe one day i will be like him but it will take a lot of sacrifice and time to train hard.

I already decide to use little time for wvw until Arena net make wvw challenge and fun but i will make sure i use time for training to learn to fight against long bow ranger.

Question – what server is he playing on? And, well, yes. He has experience. But that isn’t what I wanted you to focus on. At the two video marks I mentioned he is attacked by another ranger with Rapid Fire. In one of the cases he actually charges, covers ground, and dodges which negated the burst. On another occasion he ate it, or some of it.

Why this is important is because he was out numbered, had range and burst used against him, yet he isn’t here on the forum saying how OP it is, or was, or that he was on the receiving end of a unfair advantage.

Why is it that player doesn’t have a issue? If it is skill, then all of us need to remember, “Practice makes Perfect”. NASA just doesn’t build a rocket, kittenpit, and strap bodies in there expecting to land on the moon and be able to return home on the first attempt. There is a lot preliminary tests, rocket burn, heat shields, safety factored in. Likewise, I don’t expect to win every fight I’m in. Heck, I’m happy with 50%.

It is ok to lose. In fact, that fella who recorded that video just kicked my kitten on Monday. I didn’t complain. Heck, I partied up with him and jibber jabbered a bit then went on my merry way. He was just better than I. Its ok.

EDIT: PS – yes, I did just send you 5 gold. Regardless if you did or didn’t actually watch the video…

(edited by Crapgame.6519)

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

4918:

Question – what server is he playing on? And, well, yes. He has experience. But that isn’t what I wanted you to focus on. At the two video marks I mentioned he is attacked by another ranger with Rapid Fire. In one of the cases he actually charges, covers ground, and dodges which negated the burst. On another occasion he ate it, or some of it.

Why this is important is because he was out numbered, had range and burst used against him, yet he isn’t here on the forum saying how OP it is, or was, or that he was on the receiving end of a unfair advantage.

Why is it that player doesn’t have a issue? If it is skill, then all of us need to remember, “Practice makes Perfect”. NASA just doesn’t build a rocket, kittenpit, and strap bodies in there expecting to land on the moon and be able to return home on the first attempt. There is a lot preliminary tests, rocket burn, heat shields, safety factored in. Likewise, I don’t expect to win every fight I’m in. Heck, I’m happy with 50%.

It is ok to lose. In fact, that fella who recorded that video just kicked my kitten on Monday. I didn’t complain. Heck, I partied up with him and jibber jabbered a bit then went on my merry way. He was just better than I. Its ok.

EDIT: PS – yes, I did just send you 5 gold. Regardless if you did or didn’t actually watch the video…

I am glad you are honest now: i feel better now

Ankur

in Ranger

Posted by: Inoki.6048

Inoki.6048

…and we are still talking about nerfing Rangers? Ok…

If he can do what he claims he can do (not sure what players he faced, but I get the idea), then the OP’s suggestion landed against the wrong class. Just sayin’…

in Ranger

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

^The OP is just whining, no nerfs needed.

in Ranger

Posted by: arron.7348

arron.7348

If he can do what he claims he can do (not sure what players he faced, but I get the idea), then the OP’s suggestion landed against the wrong class. Just sayin’…

it might surprise you how many rangers will eat a full reflection of their own rapid fire, or continuously attack me while i idly stand on retaliation symbols. all i have to do is stand still and wait for cooldowns

this of course applies only to longbow power rangers, condi rangers can shut down my healing pretty harshly and aren’t nearly as affected by reflects

in Ranger

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

LoL this is same dude whos trolling for nerfs at guardian section forum, dude I’ll give you one honest advice for free: learn your class.

in Ranger

DarkSyze.8627

LoL this is same dude whos trolling for nerfs at guardian section forum, dude I’ll give you one honest advice for free: learn your class.

Some men look at things the way they are and ask why? I dream of things that are not and ask why not?

Ankur

in Ranger

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

I never know how unchallenge range long range is with experience in wvw. I find 1500 too much no risk for ragner class range. Standard long range is 1200, what i do not understand is do ranger class need that +300 range to be effective as a long range class?

In wvw, all i was doing is spam longbow skill #1 and i feel this is too much not having risk for a range class. I am chock that i kill 8 player in 5 minute just for being in 1500 range: i find that problematic not accept for challenge play and require no risk play. No class should have easy advantage + with 0-little cooldown.

In Pve and Pvp: i see same effect and it should not be that way at all.

Last: there is no excuse, there is no reason for that class to have +300 advatage over standard 1200 range especially can spam with very low cool down.

Suggestion again: make ranger class range be 1300 range for challeng play and risk play.

Ranger class need have risk not have over advantage: i remember too, they have pet that can go long range: it make no sense giving ranger 2x long range- rangerpet+high mobility for ranger= too much no risk, too much no challenge

Conclude: Easy acess and easy advantage need to have risk and concequence.

Consider change to ranger range arena net

I don’t know if you are troll or sarcastic or just a guardian that rungs a zerg build and complains to be snipped. Range is all ranger has if you get close you destroy the power ranger, there is no reason to remove 300 range, and LONGBOW has a meaning with longest shot possible.

YOUR arguments have no value because they have no:
- constructed answer why this range is bad
- how to fix it to benefit other things if you nerf the range
- how will you fix close range
- how will you fix mobility
- utility?
- pet ai?

Renting is not solving anything, bring solution and suggest bonuses how to trade 300 range for something useful on utility or mobility.

Range GS is boring and only unskilled players run it with LB. Give me reasonable exchange for 300 range and i give you my range. But then needs warrior nerfs to mobility and thief nerf on shortbow.
Because getting close to ranger is not a problem.

I play other class but my main is Guardian because it is fun class and challenge class. I play ranger class when i am bored and want easy kill. I post about ranger range only! If you read my post, i describe why ranger range is bad. There should not be any trade off at all. You know that not everything you take need a trade off? Arena net adjusted Teleport in last patch, there was no trade-of. So not everything need trade off That is why i suggestion ranger range be 1300, so that mean no trade-off. 1500 range vs 1200 range is too much advantage for ranger, and also read this forum with link that give description of ranger spec. Ranger is not a weak class, they are very Powerful and should not be under-estimated. I see ranger player kill thief player all the time in wvw and pvp. I even have all ranger party in my server that find enemy thief player and kill them.

Here is thread: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Article-Discussing-Ranger-And-The-Meta/first#post4895936

So you see, 1300 range will not change anything in ranger but just range

(Again, the reason is to encourage ranger to be a challenge class. Not all class have gap closer like thief and warrior and elementalist, so that mean: they deserve to be treated the same challenge like them ).

You play 1111 guardian, and your either use meditation build. Guards are no skill champs just mesh they keyboard:) To be honest, ranger LB needs no range nerf.. if they do that… then why should staff ele have 1200? or any other class? Since longbow should make its purpose in the game. PLUS, your reading into patch notes is pointless to argument so i’ll just stop replying to you, because you see only one sided change, you have to see both sides of the toast, my friend…

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

in Ranger

Posted by: Firelysm.4967

Firelysm.4967

The Power Ranger,

Over 60% crit chance

I did stop reading here, you just throw everything together with ZERO viable arguments, you just counted all possible ranger builds… Just like you would say:
OMG cele ele is broken.. and you would count all possible builds and things that ele can do with staff dagger or scepter build… YOU, LACK, BASIC, GAME, KNOWLEDGE…
Don’t make fun of yourself, because you know.. you just dropped tons of BS in here right? Just stop writing if you don’t know what you are saying lol… people just get over it.. and learn to adapt ..

NOTE TO ALL CRYING PLAYERS VERSUS POWER LONGBOW RANGERS:
When all rangers will switch to condition, then you guys gonna float the forum with tears, and I cannot wait that day

Wish I could get back to GW1.. PvP-GvG. It feels like we are outcasted, not desired or rewarded..

(edited by Firelysm.4967)