Ranger update

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Spiders? I think I would rather send a Cat in and watch it die, would probably achieve more then a living Spider.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

It is sad, but yes. Their attacks are more slower and more rare than even our longbow. They can hit only sleepy cripple player. The fact that he killed someone – a huge fortune.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Jon directly states that fixing spirits, shouts and weapons are one of their main priorities.

Seems like a lot of us are forgetting about that, not to sound pointed. Don’t act like they won’t do anything— They will— Just hope that they do it right.

As for me, I just want a smarter Krytan Drakehound. I want him to remember his name, his childhood, I want him to have an education and several critically acclaimed novels and scientific journals, I want him to own a manor in northern Pennsylvania, to own businesses and a banking Empire. I want my Drakehound to be the dog that everybody knows.

…And I want him to do his intimidating growl thing when I tell him to. Five seconds after I order you to do it is not acceptable. Yes, you’re in the middle of your ‘1’ attack, but that’s instant too. Cutting it off for your special ability would be better for the both of us.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Well looks like I am done with this game.

Good luck to those that stay, hopefully the patch buffs Ranger enough that they can actually start being useful in dungeons and you don’t all immediately fall behind on the new gear treadmill. But as they don’t seem to be listening to the players about this awful new ascended gear I doubt they are listening to the sub set that plays rangers either.

Good luck fellow Rangers.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Sabaz.6978

Sabaz.6978

When all is said and done… there will still be a class that can for-full a role better than a Ranger….

Thief and Mesmer’s and Warriors will still be the best Roamers/DPSers
And Guardian, Engi and Ele will be better bunker/supports
And Necro will still outclass condi ranger
W

(edited by Sabaz.6978)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: biocide.9186

biocide.9186

I really hope this patch fix stow away the pet, every time i take small damage The pet pops out. please fix this

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomstin.3460

Boomstin.3460

I really hope this patch fix stow away the pet, every time i take small damage The pet pops out. please fix this

I don’t think they will touch the pets in near future as much as it pains me. Haven’t seen single comment about pets by the devs. Almost seems like they want to dodge the pet issues.
Hope i’m wrong though.

All is vain.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: MeGaZlo.9516

MeGaZlo.9516

I hope they’ll give us normal damage, normal support spirits, normal signets, normal buffs from shouts, normal marksman, surv and bm traits and normal cond removal. Then they can even simply take this pets.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Glektor.2934

Glektor.2934

I hope they’ll give us normal damage, normal support spirits, normal signets, normal buffs from shouts, normal marksman, surv and bm traits and normal cond removal. Then they can even simply take this pets.

Even if they fix all this stuff up a bit, it’s still mostly useless, because every single spirit, etc. takes up a skill slot on the bar. We just have too many things fighting for the same spots, honestly. I feel like with having spirits and traps, etc., we just have too many class abilities we can’t even use. I don’t think you are going to find a ton of rangers running around with their entire bar covered in spirits, etc.
If you use spirits, you give up something better for escape/evasion, etc.

Something like all spirits sharing 1 button summon would be nice, but then you can’t control their abilities individually. So either they’d have to spam their abilities all at once, or something else.
Personally, I want to see some more little action bars added. Like the totem bar shaman had in WoW for spirits/traps.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Yuudai.5268

Yuudai.5268

I would love to see greatsword/melee combat items get some reworking

Traits need some reworking too…

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: NaturalPortman.9562

NaturalPortman.9562

some is a understatement. none of the ranger trait lines are properly organized. But yes I completely agree with making GS usable.

(im a girl btw)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Redrumickey.9672

Redrumickey.9672

I love my ranger but he is the king of nothing . If we can do something good there a another class which does it better. Even with a pet you can roll out a better one with some ruins . I’ve had a bear out and roll a “rune of pirate” tropical bird that would put him to shame as far as attacks went.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Just put my 80 Ranger away. The last draw was when I was 2 feet above an enemy and ‘invunerable, invunerable, invunerable’ came up just because the game felt I was in place where the krait couldn’t get to—no reason he couldn’t get to me, could have walked up the same ramp I used—just poor AI on the programming side.

I’ll try him again and if (that’s a big IF) the 15th really really fixes up the ranger and pets. Just hoping that the 15th of Nov doesn’t become known as Nerf day.

BTW—-no reason at all that the changes can’t be posted now for the community to review—it’s not likely to change between today and tomorrow.

(edited by Blude.6812)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Zoky.6735

Zoky.6735

Isn’t patch on 16th now?

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Isn’t patch on 16th now?

Really? They delayed the ranger changes again??

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Joey.3928

Joey.3928

some is a understatement. none of the ranger trait lines are properly organized. But yes I completely agree with making GS usable.

What about GS isn’t usable? I use longbow/greatsword on my somewhat tanky ranger and it is AMAZING.

GS has such great utility. If they change anything on that weapon I will be mad. Unless they make things better then sure why not.

Estel Wolfheart
Norn Ranger
Hardcorepwnograhpy [HARD] | Isle of Janthir

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

I was just about to ask about this. Isn’t the whole Lost Shores thing starting the 16th? I’m not sure what’s happening the 15. May our changes?

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Lorian.4028

Lorian.4028

I was just about to ask about this. Isn’t the whole Lost Shores thing starting the 16th? I’m not sure what’s happening the 15. May our changes?

I hope but am not counting on it. That all might come at once in a big patch with The Lost Shores that would be my guess.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

They need to patch the Lost Shores data in advance, since they’re starting the event at a specific time. If they wait until the time of the event to patch, then you have people downloading large amounts of patch data (content patches are big, especially a whole new area) and “delaying” the event via the fact that no one can actually play. So I’d assume they’ll patch 99% of the Lost Shores data into the game in advance (on the 15th) and then just patch the last bit of data that triggers the event at 12 on Friday. Or maybe there won’t even be a patch on Friday at all, they’ll just have the event trigger on a timer with no patch needed. Thats how they did the 1-time event for Halloween, it just happened.

I’d also imagine the rest of the patch (the fixes / updates to professions, mechanics, ect) will come at the same time.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Arekai.5698

Arekai.5698

Oh boy.

You really think those poor 16 bullet points will be the homecoming of jesus for ranger right? I hope you realize it’s some minor bugfixes. You really think they will “fix” the pet? That’s near impossible if you’d actually understand anything about game engines or programming. They’d have to remodel the whole pathfinding.

The pets damage is just as bad as the rangers (if it would hit for once), the traits are 90% clusterf. and there are bugs (obstructed, invulnerable) bigger than it could get fixed in months.

Keep on hoping son, my mesmer just hit 60.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Division.9618

Division.9618

Oh boy.

You really think those poor 16 bullet points will be the homecoming of jesus for ranger right? I hope you realize it’s some minor bugfixes. You really think they will “fix” the pet? That’s near impossible if you’d actually understand anything about game engines or programming. They’d have to remodel the whole pathfinding.

The pets damage is just as bad as the rangers (if it would hit for once), the traits are 90% clusterf. and there are bugs (obstructed, invulnerable) bigger than it could get fixed in months.

Keep on hoping son, my mesmer just hit 60.

Don’t forget, ranger was OP in beta. If it was strong then, it can certainly be fixed now.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Akisame.9508

Akisame.9508

Just look at all that BALANCE!

please keep on posting pictures and videos of other classes with no relation to us.
You realize there is an update comming the next 2 days?
Can’t you w8 until than with useless posts as those? This is not helpfull in any way and after the 100th time it gets annoying.

After the update we can have a comparison that actually makes sence. Even you should have realized that
a) we have a different mechanic (pets dealing a great amount of our damage)
b) pets being buggy -> far less damage output
c) the machanic will never allow huge crits for use since our damage sums up with the pet damage.

I’m sorry but I will not hold my breath for this supposed ranger update/fix. I wouldn’t be surprised if all we saw was another ‘graphics glitch fix’. If there was fixes in the works for us why hasn’t the update notes on the fixed items been posted here? If it’s a fixed item that is going into the patch for sure then there wouldn’t have been any harm in posting it here to calm the masses.

And yes, it is OK for him to post pictures and video’s of other classes doing 10 times more damage then us and saying it’s not balanced. Three reasons why:

1.) even if pets where working properly, Rangers will still NOT be able to deal that kind of damage if you added pet’s damage to the rangers damage in that short amount of time as shown in that screen shot. Heck, that’s a one shot kill on me, something that currently no ranger is capable of doing even if pets where working properly!

2.) There is no notes of anything being fixed, until said notes are published, anything spoken is pure speculation. For all we know the shouts being fixed can be audio, so we can hear it better or different words being shouted out so it’s not the same repetitive stuff. Spirits are going through a graphical change only so they look more menacing. Without notes saying what’s being done exactly, and when it’s being done, it’s just empty promises, which most guys know…when your trying to get that kiss from that girl, you’ll say and promise just about anything without even thinking about it.

3.) easy one, freedom of speech. Sorry, it’s a joke…couldn’t resist.

And please, do not tell me that Ranger’s are not meant to do that kind of damage because rangers are a support class. There is no support class in this game according to Anet. All classes where built the same way, we can all play support, we can all play damage, and we all have a heal. Ranger’s where meant to do massive damage from distance, rogues are meant to do massive damage from behind/stealth, warriors are meant to receive massive damage, not dish it. However, in this game, warriors are half breeds, part warrior part ranger while the ranger got neutered. I do not see the supposed upcoming fix doing anything meaningful for us unless they either fixed pets, which means they fixed all NPC pathing and AI issues, which I doubt, or removed damage from pets and gave it to us along with upping our damage to be on par with the other melee classes, which I also doubt since they seem pretty adamant about ranger’s having pets.

I’m sorry for sounding negative but until I see some hard fixes on the ranger class, anything they say is just a carrot being dangled in front of us. And since this post is negative, read it now and fast before they delete it like they do to all negative posts.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

I totally get where your coming from.
But asking for, much less expecting, patch notes early is very unusual. Even this thread’s OP is more than what most companies would do. Personally I wouldn’t want to see it, because I’d be worried it would set a bad precedent, upping the ‘whine level’ of this forum across the board if any class thought they could grouse their way into a sneak peak.

And we do know the changes will be related to some level of reconstruction because the purpose for the changes is to increase the number of builds people make. People aren’t going to put more shouts on their bar because they like the sound design :p

You’re right to keep your expectations tempered and level-headed, though. That’s admirable, and I don’t mean to undermine that.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Kincaidia.3192

Kincaidia.3192

Spectacularly stated. Warriors are not meant to be the best pure DPS. They’re supposed to be the best balance of giving and taking damage. There should be a simple sum: avoidance, durability, and output. (oversimplified and off the cuff, but relevant)
Ideal:
Class Avoidance Durability Output Total
Warrior 2 6 6 14
Thief 6 0 8 14
Guardian 1 8 5 14
Engineer 5 3 6 14
Ranger 4 3 7 14

Right now it’s more like:
Warrior 2 8 8 18
Thief 8 2 8 18
Ranger 2 3 6 11

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Akisame.9508

Akisame.9508

Spectacularly stated. Warriors are not meant to be the best pure DPS. They’re supposed to be the best balance of giving and taking damage. There should be a simple sum: avoidance, durability, and output. (oversimplified and off the cuff, but relevant)
Ideal:
Warrior 2 6 6 14
Thief 6 0 8 14
Guardian 1 8 5 14
Engineer 5 3 6 14
Ranger 4 3 7 14

Right now it’s more like:
Warrior 2 8 8 18
Thief 8 2 8 18
Ranger 2 3 6 11

Kincaidia, you nailed it perfectly on that example. The biggest problem I see is that even if pets where working properly, I still couldn’t see our total reaching the 18 which all other classes are in (using your example of course). We need to be buffed up and they need to be taken down a notch. (I can’t believe I just suggested a nerf on another class, I feel so…so…….dirty )

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: ImagoX.4718

ImagoX.4718

Even this thread’s OP is more than what most companies would do.

Actually, in many other games I’ve played, there was a beta server where possible fixes for issues like this were made available to the community for direct observation, comment, and ongoing testing before they were ever considered for release into the general population. Much better, in my experience, to simply put release candidates into a closed environment to allow actual users to bang on them for a while as opposed to giving low-information, teasing “advance notice” type announcements then letting rampant speculation drive expectations through the roof. But what do I know?

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Raknitz.8529

Raknitz.8529

just give us the possibility to trade this unusable / useless pet for more range dps…

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: neverborne.4736

neverborne.4736

Is tonight the night? The night I’ve been waiting for 6 weeks since my ranger got neutered? 16 bullet points. SIXTEEN GLORIOUS BULLET POINTS! Please don’t let me down.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

/edit:
actually, on second thought, that didn’t come across like how I wanted it to, and I’m kinda’ more distracted about the update to really put forth the effort to articulate myself properly. Nevermind this post.

/blink
But, is it really tonight? I’ve seen that in the main forum too, where are people getting that idea?

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Fahlberg.1085

Fahlberg.1085

/edit:
But, is it really tonight? I’ve seen that in the main forum too, where are people getting that idea?

I would like some confirmation on this too. Please link your source of information, that would be nice.

Thanks

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Hadrians.4567

Hadrians.4567

Patch goes live in 5 Hours ( i hope so )

( Wiki Information )

(edited by Hadrians.4567)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Fahlberg.1085

Fahlberg.1085

Patch goes live in 5 Hours

Thanks.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Gilgamesh.7265

Gilgamesh.7265

cannot wait for patch

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Xander.4539

Xander.4539

Have they said anything at all about the broken aggro table at a certain gear lvl?

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: kiko.4230

kiko.4230

So what are they doing to Rangers on the patch?

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Ninjah.6298

Ninjah.6298

…And I want him to do his intimidating growl thing when I tell him to. Five seconds after I order you to do it is not acceptable. Yes, you’re in the middle of your ‘1’ attack, but that’s instant too. Cutting it off for your special ability would be better for the both of us.

I don’t think people realize that many pet skills have induction timers? Some 2s+ TBQH, I think with a few current pet issues these inductions should be removed tbqh.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

Frosty and Frosty Law Firm.4981

No, I mean it took my dog 6 seconds to even get started on his animation when all he was doing was following the enemy spamming 1. An induction timer//animation doesn’t take a solid six seconds, and if it does that’s ridiculous.

Grind Wars 2: Heart of Tears

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Bladeth.8620

Bladeth.8620

Pet Charge should be a skill all pets have… ever have a dog pissed at you? They don’t lope to you they charge you!

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Batlav.6318

Batlav.6318

it is true that ranged pet can live a lil longer but they are not rly better
they do much much less dmg and the only usefull thing for eg spiders is that they can immobilise 1-2 times per hour because it misses most of the time

truth is that the pets are good only for fights with max 4-5 players because of less aoe
and because they get focused less
usual pets are the first targets when i press “Tab”

SFR

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Servant.4891

Servant.4891

I like arenanet, but i dont like how they lead proffesions like the ranger..
Arenanet must be change a lot of things for the ranger…, nobody can understand that the thief is the profession with more damage and the most invencible .

and a warrior with a rifle and one skill make 16.000 of damage and the ranger with bow or swords, etc.. dont make damage like anyone proffesion… low armor and with only a bit of few skills to survive or make great damage like other professions, the greatsword of the ranger is a joke..

ranger needs new skills, 80% are spirits, traps, signets and pet skills, new changes on traits, only can up the full trait for play 4 builds (and really only 2 are good), imposible make differents build with the traits, spirits 30 points full traits , trapper 30 points full traits, signets 30 point full trait, pets 30 point full trait, and Pet build ,spirit, signet arent used normally etc…,, only the traps and the Quickening Zephyr build are ok to use and also need change the use and recharge of some skills with a lot of recharge like the signets, spirits, low utility but a big cooldown. the spirits are useless

(edited by Servant.4891)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Casey.9687

Casey.9687

2 hours till patch woot ^.^

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Maxzero.4032

Maxzero.4032

2 hours till patch woot ^.^

Double woot for me, new stuff for my Ranger and my Elementalist can finally finish her Personal Story (yay for Hatchery Bug!)

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Casey.9687

Casey.9687

well now they saying it will be out when its out -.- sigh

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Valdoron.7821

Valdoron.7821

I would imagine that’s because it’s true?

No amount of asking is going to make it come any faster. lol

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Shilian.5873

Shilian.5873

Why they don’t just release the patch notes? i am literally farming the forum to see what will change, cant wait anymore.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: TooBz.3065

TooBz.3065

Why they don’t just release the patch notes? i am literally farming the forum to see what will change, cant wait anymore.

I know. This is the third day I’ve been constantly refreshing the forums hoping for news. The first day was before the Halloween event, the second day was after the Halloween event, and then today.

It’s quite frustrating.

Anything I post is just the opinion of a very vocal minority of 1.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Luffy.9365

Luffy.9365

i kinda do the same……..from morning(work), till now(playing)

[VcY]Velocity – Snowfang/Luffy D Portgas/Bagif

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Dairdel.2849

Dairdel.2849

You buffed harpoon gun (we didnt need help underwater) you buffed greatsword slightly and thats it?

What happens to improving utilitie’s / signets?

dissapointed.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Aeri.5738

Aeri.5738

Ok, thats even more dissapointing than expected…

Utility reworks? oh come on…

“We just don’t want players to grind in GW2.” – Well, I guess you really failed, ANet!
Update 5.9.2013: getting better ANet, still way to go!
A Lannister always pays his debts – For everyone else, there’s Mastercard.

Ranger update

in Ranger

Posted by: Bri.8354

Bri.8354

Well, the ranger update was a let down. Perhaps my hopes were high, but I was hoping to see some signet, shout, and pet changes, as well as something to make up for the reduced attack speed on the short bow.

(edited by Bri.8354)