Rangers Heals changed 6/17/2015

in Ranger

Posted by: Terravos.4059

Terravos.4059

6/17/2015:
Ranger
Heal as One: This skill is now categorized as a shout skill.
Troll Unguent: This skill is now categorized as a survival skill.
Healing Spring: This skill is now categorized as a trap skill. (Also renamed to “We Heal as One”.
Rampage as One: This skill is now categorized as a shout skill. (Also renamed to “Strength of the Pack”.)

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Xsorus – Ranger PvP movies Creator of the BM Bunker

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

Heal as One can now apply 10 seconds of Swiftness/10 Seconds of Regen and recharge 20% faster now with that Beastmaster adept trait

in Ranger

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Heal as One can now apply 10 seconds of Swiftness/10 Seconds of Regen and recharge 20% faster now with that Beastmaster adept trait

407hp/s just from cd reduction alone without counting regen. Gg wp

obey me

in Ranger

Posted by: HotHit.6783

HotHit.6783

Healing Spring: This skill is now categorized as a trap skill. (Also renamed to “We Heal as One”.

Uh… You mean Heal as One right?

Rampage as One: This skill is now categorized as a shout skill. (Also renamed to “Strength of the Pack”.)

Did one of the voice actors just have a crippling allergy to saying the word rampage or something? An allergy to Guildwars 1 references maybe? I notice Guardians have had their Healing Breeze renamed to the less awesome “receive the light” as well.

Never Fight Alone” – Sunspear Creed
There, it’s dead and it’s never coming back!” – Famous last words

in Ranger

Posted by: Ighanis.8265

Ighanis.8265

Well the changes will be on 6/23 but yep, according to the Dev post the Healing Spring is no more, now “We Heal as One”

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

407hp/s just from cd reduction alone without counting regen. Gg wp

Meanwhile Invigorating Bond that has 110hp/s

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

Pretty sure it was an error and it was ‘Heal as One’ being renamed to ‘We Heal as One’

Healing Spring keeps its name and becomes a trap

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

OMG Welcome back xsorus! Will you be making more ranger videos instead of ESO?

I don’t know whether to take Troll Unguent or Heal as One now lol.

You take 5% less damage if you have regen boon as a minor trait in NM too.

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

HaO is gonna be really strong on shout builds. ^TU is still gonna give you more healing and if youre going WK, it’s the obvious choice.

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Wait what? xsorus is in the house? are you coming back to HOT man?

in Ranger

ProtoMarcus.7649

(traited)
‘We heal as One!’ -

• High Heal Burst
  • Swiftness
  • Regen (With another specific trait, 5% less incoming dmg when you have regen)
  • With Rune of the Trooper you gain a condi cleanse (Up to 5 allies)
  • 16s CD

Troll Unguent

• 10s Pulsing Heal per Second
  • Fury (With another specific trait, Fury refreshes Opening Strike)
  • 2 Conditions Removed
  • 20s CD

Darn… they both sound like awesome heals now

Healing Spring will be less reliable because of its arming time + criteria to proc, but with some trait you gain a blast finisher on pet swap (as you cast Call of the Wild on pet swap) on the longest water field in the game, but I can see new combat dynamics with it.

Water Spirit … Let’s… not talk about spirits :’(

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I really have no idea how Healing Spring is gonna work. we basically run into it the area where we set it, when low on HP?

in Ranger

ProtoMarcus.7649

Yeah from what they said, and as always, subject to change,

You ‘activate’ it, there’s the small arming time, and once you reach appropriate criterias, it procs. The criterias seem to be

- Standing on it (obviously)
- Having a certain % of health (or lower)

in Ranger

ProtoMarcus.7649

And since it’s a trap, you can pop it, and while the trap is planted, the skill itself goes on CD, so you can pretty much double activate it

20s water field, HOLY SKRIIT!

in Ranger

kiwituatara.6053

(traited)
‘We heal as One!’ -

• High Heal Burst
  • Swiftness
  • Regen (With another specific trait, 5% less incoming dmg when you have regen)
  • With Rune of the Trooper you gain a condi cleanse (Up to 5 allies)
  • 16s CD

Troll Unguent

• 10s Pulsing Heal per Second
  • Fury (With another specific trait, Fury refreshes Opening Strike)
  • 2 Conditions Removed
  • 20s CD

Darn… they both sound like awesome heals now

Healing Spring will be less reliable because of its arming time + criteria to proc, but with some trait you gain a blast finisher on pet swap (as you cast Call of the Wild on pet swap) on the longest water field in the game, but I can see new combat dynamics with it.

Water Spirit … Let’s… not talk about spirits :’(

LOL it always amuses me how nobody even bothers talking about Water Spirit. Worst heal ever.

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

I really have no idea how Healing Spring is gonna work. we basically run into it the area where we set it, when low on HP?

Ya, and you can deploy the trap while on full hp, the CD will start. with The new blast finish on pet swap and quickdraw u can blast it once and double swoop (which is 4 leap)
and you have another heal trap ready out of CD if you need it.
also a great option for heal.

in Ranger

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Pretty sure it was an error and it was ‘Heal as One’ being renamed to ‘We Heal as One’

This. I updated the notes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Klonko.8341

Klonko.8341

Ohh mar gawd!! some red in the ranger forum!!! Long time no see

Raining Rainbows lvl 80 ranger ~~~~~ SBI server

in Ranger

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

So rangers can equip 5 shouts now, all applying regent and swiftness.

Maybe we’ll give shoutbow a run for its money as the party condi removal!

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

So rangers can equip 5 shouts now, all applying regent and swiftness.

Maybe we’ll give shoutbow a run for its money as the party condi removal!

shared angusih + shouts and nature spirit with Bow+ evade weapon set , well thats a lot of condi removal for the party.

and one every 12secs at that too. so averaging cooldowns it’ll be close to 2 condi removals every 15secs alternating between HaO > guard i think might be wrong but its close enough without thinking about it,

in Ranger

Posted by: skowcia.8257

skowcia.8257

Ranger shoutbow v2 hype

obey me

in Ranger

ProtoMarcus.7649

I’ve been testing Zerk Shouts with Rune of the Trooper in WvW last few days with Longbow and Sword/Warhorn (warhorn with healing spring for Blast on Water and Sword with Leap on Water, planning on using Heal as One on final shout build) with current trait system, and it’s actually highly viable.

Running with a Bird (and of course a wolf) and against thieves, the ‘Sic ’Em!’ was a thief ender (thanks to the 6s revealed and Warhorn ’Hunter’s Call’ and LB ‘Rapid Fire’)

Also, ‘Protect Me!’ is an interesting alternative to ‘Signet of Stone’ as it has (traited) 48s CD, is a Stun Break and with rune of the trooper, it cleanses a condition.

Shoutbow Rangers on the rise

Oh and let’s not forget Rampage as One/‘Strength of the Pack’ becoming a shout too!

‘We Heal as One’
‘Guard’
‘Sic ’Em’
‘Protect Me’
‘Strength of the Pack’

With appropriate traits and runes, that’s

• Perma Swiftness
  • Perma Regen
  • Perma -5% Incoming Damage
  • 6s Revealed and pet 40% Speed and Dmg every 32s
  • 6s immunity to direct damage every 48s
  • Stun Break every 48s
  • Huge burst heal every 16s
  • Stability, Fury, Might (on pet hit) for approx 20s every 96s
  • Pet gains stealth for 10s every 12s
  • Pet gains Protection for 10s every 12s
  • 5 condition removal for self and allies under super low CD

(edited by ProtoMarcus.7649)

in Ranger

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

The criterias seem to be

- Standing on it (obviously)
- Having a certain % of health (or lower)

if this is the case, and the skill goes on CD as soon as you drop the trap (not waiting until the trap activates)….this will be a pretty awesome heal skill

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Just wanted to get a clarification on the “AoE” cleansing part.

Only the “Guard” ability is a subject for Rune that cleanses, right? The rest affect us and pets only. Or am I mistaken ?

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Eirh.1439

Eirh.1439

I’m not sure if it ever changed, but the last time I tested it on Ranger Shouts rune of the trooper had no effects on allies. Only on the ranger and the pet.

Semper Concordia [SC]
Abaddons Mouth

in Ranger

ProtoMarcus.7649

Clarification:

The Rune of the Trooper affects Self and Allies No Matter The Nature/Effect of Shout Used.

That means ANY shout will trigger the Rune’s 6th Bonus, even if the shout itself affects allies or self only or pet only etc etc

Double confirmation from wiki: ’ The sixth bonus activates on any shout and applies to nearby allies, regardless of who is affected by the shout, e.g. “On My Mark!” triggers the condition removal for party members even though it targets a foe.

in Ranger

ProtoMarcus.7649

I want a full shout squad. Oh boy.

Shoutbow Ranger
Shoutbow Warrior
Shoutbow Guardian
Shoutgreatsword Necro

Man shoutbows EVERYWHERE

Alternatively,

Shoutgreatsword Ranger
Shoutgreatsword Warrior
Shoutgreatsword Guardian
Shoutgreatsword Necro

(edited by ProtoMarcus.7649)

in Ranger

Posted by: Klonko.8341

Klonko.8341

I want a full shout squad. Oh boy.

Shoutbow Ranger
Shoutbow Warrior
Shoutbow Guardian
Shoutgreatsword Necro

Man shoutbows EVERYWHERE

Still waiting for “I WILL AVENGE YOU” aka IWAY.

Raining Rainbows lvl 80 ranger ~~~~~ SBI server

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Do the math on TU and HaO. If you are running healing power, HaO is better by far.

This. I updated the notes.

Thank you Josh, it is always welcome to see a red post in the Ranger forum!

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

This sounds like the nex Troll unguent, i mean the heal skill we all are going to use.
Pretty nice.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: Linnael.1069

Linnael.1069

Anet loved shoutbow so much they’re bringing it to rangers.

Stormbluff Isle – Syliara
Elementalist – Necromancer – Warrior

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

I’ll login and screw around on the new update probably, I’m still playing ESO full time though and swtor (I just do pve in that game)

I just happen to be checking the site out when I saw the changes. Probably won’t make a new gw2 video unless I find something funny.

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

depending on how that marksman adept trait works on pet swap (is it combat only or outside of combat) I could potentially drop rune of speed. If that was the case I would run something like 20 in marksman (for moment) 30 wilderness and 20 beast and use the Asura daze with perplex runes

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

So I looked up what taunt was from that beast master line, that will actually be some what interesting with drakes. Since it’ll drag the player right into its cone effect

in Ranger

kiwituatara.6053

depending on how that marksman adept trait works on pet swap (is it combat only or outside of combat) I could potentially drop rune of speed. If that was the case I would run something like 20 in marksman (for moment) 30 wilderness and 20 beast and use the Asura daze with perplex runes

Oh. You can’t just drop 20 points into a traitline after the June 23rd patch. You HAVE to go balls deep 30 points into a traitline. However, you get to pick 3 entire traitlines (so like getting 90 trait points instead of 70). Uhhh I’m not doing a good job explaining this.
Heres a makeshift build editor, hopefully it’ll clear things up. http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgUBqAKoA6g~

You also don’t get any stats (power, precision, etc) from traitlines anymore. They’re increasing gear stats by ~30%.

All the condition damage formula has changed. They also made it so that burning and poison stack in intensity instead of duration. http://dulfy.net/2015/06/16/gw2-june-23-specialization-changes/

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

Oh. You can’t just drop 20 points into a traitline after the June 23rd patch. You HAVE to go balls deep 30 points into a traitline. However, you get to pick 3 entire traitlines (so like getting 90 trait points instead of 70). Uhhh I’m not doing a good job explaining this.
Heres a makeshift build editor, hopefully it’ll clear things up. http://dulfy.net/gw2traits#build=AgUBqAKoA6g~

You also don’t get any stats (power, precision, etc) from traitlines anymore. They’re increasing gear stats by ~30%.

All the condition damage formula has changed. They also made it so that burning and poison stack in intensity instead of duration. http://dulfy.net/2015/06/16/gw2-june-23-specialization-changes/

So wait I pick 3 trait lines then select traits I want out of those lines? Oh my god

Lol

in Ranger

Posted by: Hepatolith.6389

Hepatolith.6389

So wait I pick 3 trait lines then select traits I want out of those lines? Oh my god

Lol

Yup

Cayline Oakheart, Ranger – Drakkar Lake
Covenant of Bloodthirst [IvsI],
Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

Now i don’t know if i want to still use Healing Spring, or if i want to switch over to a shout build and run We Heal as One… I’m absolutely going into BM, so that’d be a nice option…

I wanna see how all Water Spirit is being buffed, and what boon it’ll be giving me 33% uptime on from Natures Vengeance, that’ll end up determining if i go shouts, or spirits, or end up with some wonky kitten hybrid build that I don’t even know about yet…

Oh, and new healing spring will be amazing, you can now pre-cast it, and pop it when you need it, potentially giving you two healing springs rolling at once for some amazing burst heal + condi cleanse (healing springs stack so you’d be cleansing 2 condis per second if they were stacked).

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

I might end up running a nasty technobabble build on my bm ranger, getting 5 stacks of confusion or a 6 second daze

Though sic em might be decent now.. Simply because it’ll give swiftness plus regen.
Could do guard though, wait till someone got beat and have a cat pounce them, that’d be interesting.

in Ranger

Sube Dai.8496

I might end up running a nasty technobabble build on my bm ranger, getting 5 stacks of confusion or a 6 second daze

Though sic em might be decent now.. Simply because it’ll give swiftness plus regen.
Could do guard though, wait till someone got beat and have a cat pounce them, that’d be interesting.

Sic’em already gives swiftness and regen

Long cooldown though and pets still have the same old problems. However the new BM line should solve some of that.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

I could see some weird power ranger builds with moment + opening strike combos for huge maul damage. Swap your pet to gain call of the wild, use taunt, technobabble and then maul someone, 75% increased damage right there. Ruin someone’s day

in Ranger

Sube Dai.8496

I could see some weird power ranger builds with moment + opening strike combos for huge maul damage. Swap your pet to gain call of the wild, use taunt, technobabble and then maul someone, 75% increased damage right there. Ruin someone’s day

And QuickDraw for another maul straight after

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

in Ranger

Terravos.4059

And QuickDraw for another maul straight after

Wouldn’t have QuickDraw, thinking 6/0/6/0/6 with the build, could do taunt though to line up the maul easier and follow it with drakes f2 or cat pounce.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

I actually ended up looking at a shoutbow build with really high (almost permanent) poison uptime taking wilderness survival nature magic and beast mastery. All in all the build is also highly gank resistant thanks to natures ward evasive purity and bark skin. While also using barkskin and guard to MASSIVELY reduce the damage pets tank. Would be good when using drakes in large scale combat. Especially since guard is instant cast now.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Just for the record, “shout” builds really won’t need Guard anymore with the changes to heal as one, unless the boon uptime is too short when not specced for NM and they want/need permanent durations.

Still, especially with NM, Heal as One traited is 12 second durations on a 16 second cooldown, which is enough for people to still run any utility bar they want and not have to worry about taking Guard. You’d be able to run a standard Wilderness Knowledge utility bar with Heal as One traited and have none of the drawbacks that doing so with just Guard as the shout has, with the only real reason not to run this whole setup being a potentially more effective trait split.

Other than that, my only sentiments are that Healing Spring just got a whole lot harder to slot for me, especially with Druid bringing it even more eventual competition.

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

Just for the record, “shout” builds really won’t need Guard anymore with the changes to heal as one, unless the boon uptime is too short when not specced for NM and they want/need permanent durations.

Still, especially with NM, Heal as One traited is 12 second durations on a 16 second cooldown, which is enough for people to still run any utility bar they want and not have to worry about taking Guard. You’d be able to run a standard Wilderness Knowledge utility bar with Heal as One traited and have none of the drawbacks that doing so with just Guard as the shout has, with the only real reason not to run this whole setup being a potentially more effective trait split.

Other than that, my only sentiments are that Healing Spring just got a whole lot harder to slot for me, especially with Druid bringing it even more eventual competition.

HS got tons of play for some builds.
You can deploy the trap while on full hp, the CD will start. with The new blast finish on pet swap and quickdraw u can blast it once and double swoop (which is 4 leap)
and you have another heal trap ready out of CD if you need it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

You won’t be able to use the combo field of HS until the trap has triggered.

You can lay down the HS trap early and then run through it when you need a heal/condiclear later. In the meantime HS might be off cooldown again. Sounds interesting to me. I’m going to give it a try if I don’t have access to the other heal traits.

Skirmishing: Healing Spring
Wilderness Survival: Troll Unguent
Beastmastery: Heal as One

Healing Spring could definitely shine with its condi clear every tick if there will be a condi-heavy meta.

Troll Unguent could shine as well, but unfortunately the Wildernesss Survival Tree is now useless to power builds with the loss of Peak Strength. It’s basically a 100% condition damage tree now. Sadly, it’s also the only tree with condiclear.

Heal as One will lack the condiclear, which could be its downfall. If people trait into Wilderness Knowledge for the condiclear, they should pick Troll Unguent instead. Heal as One + Empatic Bond is really the only option. Unless you are willing to get Rune of the Trooper with it, then it’ll also clear 1 condi. The Regeneration will help counter condition damage a little and its cd will be low and it might give you access to permanent swiftness, so it’ll be interesting to try as well.

Overall, all 3 heals could shine. I favor Troll Unguent, but it’ll be a heavy investment to get on a power build.

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

What with changing the names of Ranger traits and skills to worse ones?

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

What with changing the names of Ranger traits and skills to worse ones?

Because they are shouts now. They need to be shouted in the game. The old names probably didn’t sound well.
“Heal as one!” doesn’t sound as right compared to “We heal as one!” (‘we’ being the pet and the ranger).
“Strength of the Pack!” probably sounded better than “Rampage as One!”.

in Ranger

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

You won’t be able to use the combo field of HS until the trap has triggered.

You can lay down the HS trap early and then run through it when you need a heal/condiclear later. In the meantime HS might be off cooldown again. Sounds interesting to me. I’m going to give it a try if I don’t have access to the other heal traits.

Skirmishing: Healing Spring
Wilderness Survival: Troll Unguent
Beastmastery: Heal as One

Healing Spring could definitely shine with its condi clear every tick if there will be a condi-heavy meta.

Troll Unguent could shine as well, but unfortunately the Wildernesss Survival Tree is now useless to power builds with the loss of Peak Strength. It’s basically a 100% condition damage tree now. Sadly, it’s also the only tree with condiclear.

Heal as One will lack the condiclear, which could be its downfall. If people trait into Wilderness Knowledge for the condiclear, they should pick Troll Unguent instead. Heal as One + Empatic Bond is really the only option. Unless you are willing to get Rune of the Trooper with it, then it’ll also clear 1 condi. The Regeneration will help counter condition damage a little and its cd will be low and it might give you access to permanent swiftness, so it’ll be interesting to try as well.

Overall, all 3 heals could shine. I favor Troll Unguent, but it’ll be a heavy investment to get on a power build.

For Wilderness Survival, you can still pick Peak Strength at master level. The only thing you give-up is that unreliable Shared Anguish. Heal as One will be more effective combining with the new Nature magic, because you’ll upkeep a pretty decent regeneration duration and maintain that damage reduction. You’d also share that regen and swiftness with your pet.