Rapid Fire Rework Suggestion

in Ranger

Posted by: apocalypso.4895

apocalypso.4895

Keep the same actual functionality if you just tap or use it while moving, but while you stand still and hold the skill, it becomes:

• Focused Shot : fire a burst of arrows all at once when you release it or move. The longer you channel, damage is increased.

Cast times:
3/4s / 10x vuln / 40% total current rapid fire damage / blast finisher
1 1/2s / 10x vuln / 70% total current rapid fire damage / blast finisher
2 s / 10x vuln / 100% total current rapid fire damage / blast finisher

Tradeoffs: You have to stand still. You can also increase the cooldown 2-5sec, or simply adjust the damage it does to players (I don’t think it’s needed, since it will do less than a Kill Shot with a higher cast time).

Things this would have synergy with: Hunter’s Shot, wolves and pigs, muddy terrain and traps, camouflage trait, all combo fields, entangle.

Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

I approve this idea.

Gives rangers a “sniper” feeling (at long last), gives so much needed burst for PvP and might actually make LongBow Viable.

It will be more of a reward/waste ability – which would make it worthwhile and balanced. Current Rapid fire is … Bad. If you think about it – It’s used only because the whole damage pattern on Longbow is bad designed.
I’m still not sure about blast finisher, though.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

+1, although blast finisher seems a bit too strong, guaranteed projectile finisher is good enough for me.

in Ranger

Posted by: shadowpass.4236

shadowpass.4236

so no stealth tracking any more? this is easy to evade btw…

and where would it blast? lol, on your target?

I was a power ranger before it was cool.
Guild Leader of Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

so no stealth tracking any more? this is easy to evade btw…

and where would it blast? lol, on your target?

Kill shot, and any other channel/charge skill tracks as long as it’s cast as/before they stealth, so if the skill were a charge up skill it’d still work the same.

And yeah…. Idk why the kitten it’d be a blast, just make it a 100% projectile finisher

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: Troll.4237

Troll.4237

How about a heavy damaging shot that deal more damage if it interrupts a skill? or deals more damage if your foe is not using a skill?

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Sloth_Hunter%27s_Shot_

in Ranger

Posted by: Troll.4237

Troll.4237

Nvm adding such a skill instead of rapid fire would just promote auto attacking.

in Ranger

Posted by: apocalypso.4895

apocalypso.4895

The blast finisher is to give it some sort of group utility and synergy with traps. Currently our traps have very limited synergy with weapon skills, while longbow promotes a very selfish way of playing and is already filled with projectile finishers. I mean, there’s no need of having 4 burning/poison/regeneration stacking finishers in a power weapon, but aoe might/weakness/heal would certainly be much more useful. I know I’d certainly be happier than now seeing a longbow ranger joining me in a dungeon.

The point is also to create an offensive use for Hunter’s Shot and Camouflage other than more auto attacks.

Ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Nvm adding such a skill instead of rapid fire would just promote auto attacking.

If you pay attention to the cast time and the actual damage amount – you’ll see it is an damage increase for trade of being vulnerable and will add a reliable Vuln. Stack of 10 unlike current +1+1+1+1…

I’ll add that current Rapid Fire is the promotion of AutoAttack. And believe me – most of us will like the BOOM! just like most of them will like to dodge and go “HAHA!”.
I’m disappointed now because I don’t remember when did I hit the whole Rapid Fire into people EVER.

“Observe, learn and counter.”