Rapid Fire a bit too Strong?

in Ranger

Posted by: SpellOfIniquity.1780

SpellOfIniquity.1780

See the video I posted in an earlier comment

If that video was taken by you, you’re burning all your utility for a single burst. So is this Thief and they get the damage instantly and from stealth.

Rapid Fire is strong but I absolutely refuse to believe it needs to be changed in any way, shape or form.

Necromancer, Ranger, Warrior, Engineer
Champion: Phantom, Hunter, Legionnaire, Genius
WvW rank: Diamond Colonel | Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

In a game mode where the goal is to maintain map dominance for which you need hundreds of people; using several weapons and swaps, 4 seconds of preparation, an enemy without reflects, an enemy without awareness, a solo situation and zero defensive abilities, considering the enemies were mostly paper…

Yes, that’s pretty much exactly what happens. And yes – that’s all. That build cannot do anything else than this besides dying a lot.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

Thanks for compliment I guess! Maybe you were right that it is partly a human factor too, they are definitely not Overpowered in the general sense, and organized teams can indeed take them out well. I don’t see rangers in tournaments often either, so I guess it would be nice if ranger got some cool options to choose from.

Anyways, thanks everyone for the discussion and for providing some new insights! I’ll watch this topic for a while but I probably won’t post new information.

Have a nice week!

The pleasure is on our side, Sir.
We were glad to have you here. Show up anytime you feel like it. We appreciate people with open minds and constructive feedback.

Good luck on your side, too!

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

I love seeing a LB ranger on the other team in pug pvp, as generally they rely totally on RF (a lot don’t even swap weapons, ever), and when you get in their face they panic.

RF isn’t OP, but it can be a pain if used well by a good ranger.

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

When i make a case: I use in-game as evidence, that is all

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

When you spout gibberish you dig up completely pointless, highly edited videos, and reference 3 year old threads posted by other clueless players, and think that qualifies as some kind of evidence. You can go back to your bridge now troll, that is all.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Puck, you’re feeding :-p

@OP:
This topic has been discussed to death. If you truly care about Rapid Fire, then feel free to dig up the actual good conversations where the numbers of ways to counter Rapid Fire were listed … it was quite an extensive list.

In one of those threads, I even did the math and showed how Thief’s Unload is superior in every way except for range … more DPS, more spammable, can ricochet, etc..

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

(edited by Sebrent.3625)

in Ranger

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

My man DarkSyze – scroll to 8 minute 30 second mark. Not my video but you will be taught how to handle rangers rapid fire. I would have assumed you learned to dodge by now or follow any of the other 30 or so tips and tricks fellow players passed along to you

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Ranger

Posted by: Strategist.6132

Strategist.6132

@OP:
This topic has been discussed to death. If you truly care about Rapid Fire, then feel free to dig up the actual good conversations where the numbers of ways to counter Rapid Fire were listed … it was quite an extensive list.

In one of those threads, I even did the math and showed how Thief’s Unload is superior in every way except for range … more DPS, more spammable, can ricochet, etc..

Hey! Can you put the links in a response? On most classes there are way to counter it, I wonder if there are any good ones on thieves though. Thieves are generally more squishy then Rangers so I wonder if you can make a good comparison to it. (Ricochet is not there anymore in the new balance update btw!)

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

Maybe later … I’m at work right now and have a newborn at home … so much less prone to search the forums for others for the next few months (or year … though she’s a very chill baby … thank God)

If the Thief has offhand pistol, interrupt.

If the Thief has Sword, teleport to the Ranger and move behind them. You’ll cancel the channel if you get out of the Ranger’s front arc.

If the Thief has Sword and already teleported, they should have done so from a location they can recall back to to line-of-sight.

If the Thief has Sword+Dagger, they can combine dodge rolls and evades from flanking strike.

If the Thief has a shrotbow, they can use that mobility to LOS or get out of range (if already close to max range) … or to get out of the Ranger’s front arc.

If the Thief has traited steal to daze, steal.

If the Thief has Basilisk Venom, hit the Ranger.

If the Thief has Dagger Storm … laugh as you reflect it back.

… and so on.

They will work on interrupting Rapid Fire and Unload as both are channeled. Rapid Fire is easier to interrupt as it is a longer channel.

Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

There are dozens of threads on RF in this forum as well as the PvP and WvW forums. Please honor your original post and delete this thread.

in Ranger

Posted by: DarkSyze.8627

DarkSyze.8627

My man DarkSyze – scroll to 8 minute 30 second mark. Not my video but you will be taught how to handle rangers rapid fire. I would have assumed you learned to dodge by now or follow any of the other 30 or so tips and tricks fellow players passed along to you

Thank You!

" Solutions To A Problem Can Only Be Found, When You Want To Get Rid Of It "
Ankur

in Ranger

Posted by: CETheLucid.3964

CETheLucid.3964

When you spout gibberish you dig up completely pointless, highly edited videos, and reference 3 year old threads posted by other clueless players, and think that qualifies as some kind of evidence. You can go back to your bridge now troll, that is all.

+1

https://youtu.be/GBem7D27--4?t=114

in Ranger

Posted by: Klonko.8341

Klonko.8341

@OP:

Hey! Can you put the links in a response? On most classes there are way to counter it, I wonder if there are any good ones on thieves though. Thieves are generally more squishy then Rangers so I wonder if you can make a good comparison to it. (Ricochet is not there anymore in the new balance update btw!)

The best way I know is teleporting behind them, it automatically cancel the skill if they are not standing still… As dumb as that. If they are standing still it is harder. You need to blow out your dodge or daze him.

Raining Rainbows lvl 80 ranger ~~~~~ SBI server

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

+1

https://youtu.be/GBem7D27--4?t=114

https://youtu.be/bOGQPTdoRPc

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Sebrent.3625

I hate you both … I’ll never get those seconds of my life back :-p

Better yourself.