swap smokescale f2 back please

in Ranger

Posted by: Mentor.4130

Mentor.4130

Yes, I want my first F2 back.

Don’t remember when I last lost will to play GW2. But definitely lost it today.

in Ranger

Posted by: Velimere.7685

Velimere.7685

Please revert this change.

I don’t even play Ranger, but I’d definitely quit playing it after this.

Anyone who says Zerk is the average Joe build is an average Joe.

in Ranger

Posted by: Phoebe Ascension.8437

Phoebe Ascension.8437

Holy Nerfbats :O The CAF Decay out of combat already pushed me away to play ranger/druid at launch but this? C’mon Roy mindless Nerfbat. You totally don’t play rangers, and you hate them while playing revenant in pvp, that is clear from your actions here. I again strongly believe Irenio has no play in this. It’s Roy and maybe Jon peters a little bit, definitely mostly Roy.

Guess I definitely won’t play Druid before they ‘maybe’ fix it (and my guess is they will never fix it). kitten you Roy. Say we nerf all boon application of Herald with 50% and call it a day never to be spoken off again? How would you and revenants feel? (you clearly are biased to your own professions, so you belong in that player group as well). You would feel terribly mistreated. Oh wait that’s how rangers feel now. Oh wait but you don’t care, you’ve proven that in past. Really man? Don’t use the ‘greater good’ excuse. 50% damage nerf on smokescale burst skill could count as a change to greater good, but not the switch of smokefield away from F2. That is just another kneejerk reaction. It litterally speaks ‘ranger is not overpowered atm, even the not so good balance division knows that, but we gonna nerf anyaway, JUST BECAUSE’.

And FYI I play every profession to large extend (now over 800 hours on each). There is no replication of a long term experience like this, that goes cross profession. None. Anet boys barely have 1000-2000 hours playtime. And mostly on ONE main. Lemme tell you when at start I played necro for instance a lot, every nerf felt ‘kneejerk’. But once I played other professions, i could relate in some of the nerf (definitely not all of them though). Looking again from same point of view: The smokescale ‘unrelenting assault’ could be understood, that it got nerfed a bit. The utility destruction of removing our only smokefield (making it not F2 is basically same as removing it), doesn’t make any sense. Not even from other profession point of view. A lot of professions are getting access to new stuff (for instance, engineer get even more stealth access, Guardian gets a longbow etc, Thief a staff for god sake, that are quite huge changes to the perception of what those professions can and should do. But this is good, cause it gives elite specs an identity). But you basically removed that more or less from Druid. The healing part of CAF is almost unreachable anymore, making heal ele/engineer/shout warrior, by defintion better. Healing identity crysis created. Then you overnerf a very usefull pet, and remove it’s utility also? (usefull is not the same as overpowered!!! Temporal curtain is also very usefull, is it op? I think not…)

Try to look at it more impartial, neutral, unbiased, objective please. This clearly is not how Roy is thinking it at the moment (or experiencing it for the matter, he definitely plays ranger to few, cause if he did, he wouldnt even think about switching a combo field to auto attack on a ranger). I don’t know what kind of pressure we can do these days to make these guys understand they are on the wrong path. They are as stubborn as a stonedonkey. (a Saying in my countries language wich symbolizes the most extreme form of stubborness). We need more collaborative progress. Such stonedonkey stubborness prevents that. Not a good company spirit.

Legendary weapons can be hidden now!
No excuse anymore for not giving ‘hide mounts’-option
No thanks to unidentified weapons.

(edited by Phoebe Ascension.8437)

in Ranger

Posted by: Yelloweyedemon.2860

Yelloweyedemon.2860

F2 needs to be a smokefield -.-

Do you even play your game devs?

Seriously who came up with this?!

in Ranger

Posted by: Zaith.9132

Zaith.9132

So disappointed about this change. It was the thing I looked forward to most about pets. It gave rangers some dignity back.

/me tips transmuted tier-3 crafted hat

in Ranger

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

F2 needs to be a smokefield -.-

Do you even play your game devs?

Seriously who came up with this?!

Who do you think?

Roy.

Headdesk

in Ranger

Posted by: Lash.2743

Lash.2743

Switch it back!!!! Thanks.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sicarius.4639

Sicarius.4639

Day 2, another nerf. Nice.

in Ranger

oshilator.4681

Calling it now – The next nerf will be to that 95% damage reduction pets currently have when not directly targeted.

Headdesk

in Ranger

Posted by: SqualZell.7813

SqualZell.7813

Calling it now – The next nerf will be to that 95% damage reduction pets currently have when not directly targeted.

HAHAHAHA OMG yes FOR SUUUUURE.

“we find that 95% damage reduction was a good number for pets so we decided that you can’t have nice things, instead we changed it to 10% damage reduction and reduced all pet’s toughness to base 100, and it cost 1 gold to switch pets, and 5 ectos to name them”

in Ranger

Posted by: Vendetta.1958

Vendetta.1958

+1 for revert back.

Smokefield F2 rewarded intelligent and tactical play.

Smoke assault F2 I wish I could put on autocast as it is a no-brainer DPS spike that should be cast as soon as it is off cooldown for maximum DPS. Skills like that should be relegated to the AI, as they can be trusted to proc that skill as soon as it is up and in range.

The smokefield, however, the AI cannot be trusted with, due to things like the AI overwriting more beneficial fields that a party wishes to blast, and lowering the overall damage of the pet due to them using 1-2 seconds to throw a potentially useless smokefield instead of contributing to the fight in key moments where you need that little extra damage from your pet.

Giving rangers control of the field makes smokescale a highly versatile pet, with good sustained damage and excellent utility for those who can make tactical use of an on-demand field.

I think the nerf in damage was highly warranted, (12k smoke assaults on squishy players wasn’t fair at all) but the change in the F2 skill is in my opinion a misstep that only serves to spoil what was a great pet.

Veypa Windclaw
Fanciest Charr OCX
Mreow – [HD]

(edited by Vendetta.1958)

in Ranger

Posted by: Alarih.5279

Alarih.5279

F2 for smoke field!

in Ranger

Posted by: Kain Francois.4328

Kain Francois.4328

Combo Fields you cannot control is just dumb design. It could overwrite your water or fire fields by accident.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aridia.3042

Aridia.3042

Yet another example of devs not playing their own game.

I’ll give you a field for you to blast, I just won’t tell you when. Great, makes sense.

This kind of balancing is exactly why the pvp can’t be taken seriously.

in Ranger

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

Please revert smokescale’s F2 to smoke field, as voiced by this thread. It makes no sense to have assault as its F2.

(edited by kevvy.5081)

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

At first I was really sad not to have access to the Smokeskale. Now…not so much.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dave.7429

Dave.7429

Bump this. We want our F2 smoke field back! At least give us a reason why the change was made because I don’t understand the change at all.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

I mean the only reason they could have is that they don’t want 1 specific pet to be hands down a must take, which is dumb because in pvp people always took wolf before or pve people always took birds/feline. It is the nature of meta- you take the most effective option because it is the most effective option.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Quick question: Do you think Irenio is still working i the Druid? because i don’t see any changes that we asked in the BWE3 feedback thread and they changed a lot of stuff we didn’t asked for.
Who did ask for the astral thing to work like this?

Last message from him was on October 19th… Now that HoT is out we should expect him and the rest to take a long holidays from the forum.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: Nicknobreak.7543

Nicknobreak.7543

Seriously. What a colossal failure to change the F2. It should never have been changed from the smoke field. Proper timing and use of F2 are now irrelevant with this pet. Now it is “press f2 for more damage.” CHANGE IT BACK!

in Ranger

Posted by: Galbedir.9178

Galbedir.9178

Please god no! The only thing keeping my druid doing any dps is the great burst from Smoke Assault. Im currently actually owning in pvp. What I cant understand what they haven’t done yet, is give us 2-3 pet ability keys, or allow us to switch out pets skills into our F2 bar. That would bring a crap ton of build diversity and awesomeness to Ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Toolbox.9375

Toolbox.9375

Please god no! The only thing keeping my druid doing any dps is the great burst from Smoke Assault. Im currently actually owning in pvp. What I cant understand what they haven’t done yet, is give us 2-3 pet ability keys, or allow us to switch out pets skills into our F2 bar. That would bring a crap ton of build diversity and awesomeness to Ranger.

Your Smokescale will continue to use Smoke Assault off cooldown exactly as you would be if it were placed back into the AI-controlled ability set. We need control over that Smoke Field, not just for using it properly, but for NOT using it IMproperly.

I agree that full control over the pet’s abilities would be fantastic, though.

The class is always greener on the other side.

in Ranger

Posted by: Norrath.5910

Norrath.5910

I agree that full control over the pet’s abilities would be fantastic, though.

Nah dude we here at ANet balance pets around which skill you have control over, if something is too strong we just make the pet’s AI take it and give you the damage skill we just nerfed!

If we did that how could we ever hope to balance this overpowered class???

Ranger/Warrior/Rev Main
Valor Guard [VGU]
Ehmry Bay

in Ranger

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

Yep.

Anet devs don’t play Rangers, or like Rangers, or want to lose Rangers as everyone’s “free bags” in WvW.

This is the only logical conclusion I can come to for their constant bad treatment of them.

Sorry to sound a little melodramatic, here, but it simply doesn’t make sense, if looked at from any other (less cynical) perspective.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

(edited by Tigaseye.2047)

in Ranger

Norrath.5910

Yet another example of devs not playing their own game.

I’ll give you a field for you to blast, I just won’t tell you when. Great, makes sense.

This kind of balancing is exactly why the pvp can’t be taken seriously.

This. All of this.

Ranger/Warrior/Rev Main
Valor Guard [VGU]
Ehmry Bay

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

smokescale only ranger pet to have Smokefiled , only smokefield on the class Should be Accessable on f2!

not fussed about the 50% damage reduction.

Jellyfish also have an uncontrollable smoke field…but no one gives a kitten about underwater content.

I agree though, removing the smoke field from the pet’s F2 was stupid and unnecessary.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

Vendetta.1958

bump for fix
15chars

Veypa Windclaw
Fanciest Charr OCX
Mreow – [HD]

in Ranger

Posted by: Nila.7813

Nila.7813

Smoke field gives alot of opportunities in duels and small skirmishes when it comes to PvP. The mechanic was finally something new to the class, I do not really enjoy healbot while everyone else gets proper utility/damage improvements, and now the only thing that was actually new and fun skillful mechanic has been taken away. Fix please.

in Ranger

Posted by: kzar.3079

kzar.3079

Really, this needs to be changed back. The damage nerf might be deserved but the F2 swap is completely stupid.

in Ranger

Posted by: borya.2964

borya.2964

I like both F2. Smoke Assault is a good skill, it would be great if, Pack Alpha, Go for the Eyes and Wilting Strike could work… But all is bugged. But i agree that a random Smoke Field is useless.

Coffin Rehearsal X – Bunker Roaming Ranger
Tchuu Tchuu Im A Train [TCHU] – Gandara
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChUmRHtHLgPckvtrPImxK3A

in Ranger

Posted by: kzar.3079

kzar.3079

I like both F2. Smoke Assault is a good skill, it would be great if, Pack Alpha, Go for the Eyes and Wilting Strike could work… But all is bugged. But i agree that a random Smoke Field is useless.

The problem is not the random smoke field being useless.
We now have to manually manage a skill that must bu used on cooldown since it’s a dps increase and the smokefield might be deterimental as it might overlap more important fields in dungeons and you can’t use this to get stealth when actually needed.

in Ranger

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

ive been telling you guys for 3 years

Ranger will never be good

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…Ranger will never be good

There is no reason for that though.

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

It’s much more fun to win with a class that everyone says is bad.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tigaseye.2047

Tigaseye.2047

While that may be true, it is totally unfair that some classes are significantly inferior and far harder to do well on than others.

Especially in the case of a class like Ranger, which is a class (with its bow[s] and cute pets) that typically appeals to newer players.

It does not give a good first impression of the game and will likely lead to an unnecessarily poor retention of those newer players.

It’s just really poor judgement, on Anet’s part.

“Turns out when people play the game, they don’t admire your feet at all.” sephiroth

in Ranger

Posted by: panda the chop chop.4712

panda the chop chop.4712

bringing this back up to one

+1

IGN: Itspanda

in Ranger

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Please change it back!

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

in Ranger

Posted by: Djahlat.9610

Djahlat.9610

Please change it back. I simply cannot, for the love of God, understand WHY you would change it, it was perfect as it was. Fine, the damage was over the top, but why change what isn’t broken?

in Ranger

Posted by: DragonFlu.7314

DragonFlu.7314

I say change it back as well. I just tried it, and as much as I like the idea of having a smokefield, not being able to know when it is coming really sucks. I am WAY in favor of having utility over dmg.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Another “Thumbs Up” thread for Ranger. Last time I recall one of these was for giving us the Off-Hand Training that was promised to us during a stream to be baseline and left out.

Here’s hoping we’ll get this revert on the smokester’s F2… soon™.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Greywulff.5637

Greywulff.5637

Bump for revert!

Main: Ranger, lvl 80 ~ Bigbadwulf
Hotjoin hero

in Ranger

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

While that may be true, it is totally unfair that some classes are significantly inferior and far harder to do well on than others.

Especially in the case of a class like Ranger, which is a class (with its bow[s] and cute pets) that typically appeals to newer players.

It does not give a good first impression of the game and will likely lead to an unnecessarily poor retention of those newer players.

It’s just really poor judgement, on Anet’s part.

I actually find most content easier with my ranger than with my guardian. I haven’t played fractals since HoT, but I ran scale 50s on my ranger with no problems.

Of course, I think it’s just because I’m the world’s worst guardian player.

Still, I’m tired of constantly getting the short end of the proverbial stick, so my ranger is shelved until further notice.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

Bump for revert!

in Ranger

Posted by: PeterPrime.1730

PeterPrime.1730

I’m tired of being treated as a 2nd class citizen in this game.

And it’s pathetic you literally made druid completely useless for every possible build that doesn’t rely on staff and heal spam.

You nerfed our best possible pet to the ground. Revert this joke of a “fix” and reduce the damage by 30% not 50%, or do the SAME treatment with revenant.

Also, give us back our smoke field for f2. No one needs this terrible f2 for smokescale.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dolt.2731

Dolt.2731

Here’s a wild thought… how about let us control all of our pet abilities?

Ebenezer Smee, Ranger SBI

in Ranger

Posted by: JTDeuce.2017

JTDeuce.2017

Here’s a wild thought… how about let us control all of our pet abilities?

Whoa now. Let’s not get crazy. Ranger’s need to stay useless.

in Ranger

oshilator.4681

Please reverse this change.

It makes no sense.

Headdesk

in Ranger

Norrath.5910

Fix this please, so stupid

Ranger/Warrior/Rev Main
Valor Guard [VGU]
Ehmry Bay

in Ranger

Vendetta.1958

Bump for fix
15chars

Veypa Windclaw
Fanciest Charr OCX
Mreow – [HD]

in Ranger

Posted by: Cheong.3862

Cheong.3862

bump ..
its feel like some dev team like Roy so hate rangers ..any good thing he have to nerf ..watchout roy you goona get sick from all the hate around !!
you made so many ppl think about quit rangers

fix it fast with the Druid Astral Force Out-of-Combat Degeneration !!!