SOAC Revenge Tourney - Great Work!

in Ranger

Posted by: slingblade.1437

slingblade.1437

How did the rangers do on Thursday?

Won their first matchup v. Engis, then lost in the semi-finals to Warriors. They did have a DC in the deciding (2nd) game, but I’m not sure how long it took for the player to get back in.

in Ranger

Posted by: Bas.7406

Bas.7406

And when do we get to see some footage?

Here is the playlist for the Bracket the Rangers were in!

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLu11h1Ww5XJThyddYU5kFIA44XhoDDYR3

in Ranger

Posted by: Loxsus.3841

Loxsus.3841

Subscribed to the channel. I have to get in on these things O_O

in Ranger

Bas.7406

Sittingonacouch.com Bracket:
Shoutcasted by – Daemonlasher and Jumper http://www.twitch.tv/soacgaming

1. Nettle’s Thieves vs 8. Rangers
4. Gibbly’s Necromancer vs 5. Guardian

in Ranger

Bas.7406

Thank you to towerdivetv for editing the videos for me. I have the full playlist put up now.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?feature=edit_ok&list=PLu11h1Ww5XJThyddYU5kFIA44XhoDDYR3

Be sure to subscribe to both youtube.com/SOACGaming and youtube.com/towerdivetv

in Ranger

Posted by: Daemon.4295

Daemon.4295

Thanks!

Ayana Wenona (Ranger) | Doctor Skorn (Necro) | Electra Lux (Elementalist)
Scarlett Daguer (Thief) | Gritt Bloodstone (Warrior) | Sirius Zand (Guardian)
- Whiteside Ridge [EU] -

in Ranger

Posted by: Anthrage.2519

Anthrage.2519

Yeah, the disconnect was pretty unfortunate. It was funny, the casters didn’t even notice. Not sure if he was locked up before we showed as dropped but he was out of the list from 13:05 to 12:00, so for 1 minute and 5 seconds. When he dropped we were -30 points, and when he got back in we were -77.

1 minute and 15 seconds after he got back in, at 10:45, we had secured all 3 points, and got to within 16 points. The problem though aside from being a man down was a positional one, as he was not only the extra man for the Clock Tower but my back-up for defense on the treb as well – I had to stop putting the fire on mid to defend, and that caused us some issues. Our distribution was a bit different at that point, we lost the treb, and things stalled a bit for a while progression-wise.

At 5:53 remaining it was 300 – 370, with us holding mid and the 2-side points contested, I think was THE key moment of the match. We had 3 guys at mid, 1 dead yet to respawn, and one at no health bugging out to one of the side points. If we`d managed to keep/pick up a side point then while keeping mid, I feel we would have made up some decent ground.

In any case, these things happen, and though it sucked I think we did pretty well regardless. We definitely had a great time and are pretty happy with our performance. Would have been interesting to see how we dealt with the Guardians given how much trouble they gave the Warriors, but I guess we’ll never know.

Or WILL we?… :P

How did the rangers do on Thursday?

Won their first matchup v. Engis, then lost in the semi-finals to Warriors. They did have a DC in the deciding (2nd) game, but I’m not sure how long it took for the player to get back in.

Ranger Anthrage Stormrider – Sanguine Wild Guild [SW]
sPvP BuildWvW Build
Tarnished Coast Server- Anthrage Stormrider on Youtube

in Ranger

Bas.7406

3 and a half hours to go. Don’t miss it!

in Ranger

Posted by: Anthrage.2519

Anthrage.2519

Well we Rangers made it to the semi-final once again beating the Thieves, but just couldn’t pull it out against the Necros. We suffered yet another disconnection, had a last-minute substitution, a map change and a overly long delay…all in all it just wasn’t our day. We still had a hard-fought match though and overall had a lot of fun. Big thanks to everyone who helped make this happen, if nothing else I think we showed that Rangers do in fact have some bite!

I know some of us are interested in raising our skill level, forming a regular team and practicing more as a group. We were at a rank disadvantage in every match pretty much and had not played as a team very much at all – I don’t know if there will be many more ‘All-Profession’ tourneys in the future but as a ‘for fun’ format I think it works and having a strong team to represent our Ranger community would be fantastic.

Thanks again Bas, can’t wait to see what you guys cook up in future!

Ranger Anthrage Stormrider – Sanguine Wild Guild [SW]
sPvP BuildWvW Build
Tarnished Coast Server- Anthrage Stormrider on Youtube

in Ranger

Bas.7406