Sharpened edges needs to be on hit

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

I think this is said already but either case:
Sharpened edges has to be 33% chance to cause bleed on Hit.

Chance on crit is a chance on a chance thus making average less than 15% on hit unless you have like 80-90% crit.

also i’d like condi ranger to be able to go all cheese with dire/trailblazzers like the rest of the game..

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

It would make much more sense. From a game that I play (Grimdawn), the skills had a % chance on crit before, but they changed to 100% chance on crit or 20-30% on hit, depending of the procs/skills. They knew it was not good, so they changed.

It means you need to get a high precision to make it worthwhile and it’s not CRanger forte. Spotter is in competition with Hidden Barbs, so a CRanger will most likely take Hidden Barbs over Spotter, missing out even more on precision/crit chance.

in Ranger

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Sharpened edges should proc a lesser sharpening stone. Whoch gives your next kittens bleed. The chance is on hit. Sure the percentage chance has to be tweaked.
Thats how i would like to see sharpening edges.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Ranger

Posted by: ProtoMarcus.7649

ProtoMarcus.7649

Sharpened edges should proc a lesser sharpening stone. Whoch gives your next kittens bleed. The chance is on hit. Sure the percentage chance has to be tweaked.

I’d actually love to see Hidden Barbs getting a ‘Cast Lesser Sharpening Stone when hitting a foe under 75% health’ (I do miss the removed Keen Edge trait!)

But changing Crit Hit to Hit would be nice, just some tweaking to the numbers.

Always thought On-Crit related effects that deal conditions are weird – Critical Hits are generally related to POWER, kinda limits gear (Rampager, Viper)

I guess griever stats will be interesting (but no Expertise IIRC?)

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I’d actually love to see Hidden Barbs getting a ‘Cast Lesser Sharpening Stone when hitting a foe under 75% health’ (I do miss the removed Keen Edge trait!)

But changing Crit Hit to Hit would be nice, just some tweaking to the numbers.

Always thought On-Crit related effects that deal conditions are weird – Critical Hits are generally related to POWER, kinda limits gear (Rampager, Viper)

I guess griever stats will be interesting (but no Expertise IIRC?)

Sharpened Edges proccing on hit would be amazing, 1-2s duration even. One of Rangers big weaknesses is retaliation since we do a ton of small hits rather than several big ones (nonewithstanding GS burst) so on hit would make SE really good because we have that ability, even at short duration. I also dislike that you need to invest in precision to use the trait, it eliminates it from a lot of possible builds since you need a large investment to make it worthwhile.

Hidden Barbs proccing Lesser Sharpening Stone would be great, Keen Edge was a top trait imo, plus they have done similar with StF and ZS in the last patch so it plays even more synergy there, core condi build with Sk (SE/HB), WS (Stf/WK), BM (ZS) and a bar full of survival skills would be killer.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

On-hit would be better than on-crit, definitely. This especially goes for Pets with most of them having inherently low critical hit chance.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.