So I finally rolled a ranger

in Ranger

Posted by: T raw.4658

T raw.4658

All I can say is WOW how easy this class is to play.

I can see some issues with pets like being clunky and messy but I was able to do very well.

Ran 66200 zerker in PvP since he’s only lvl 2. I may have to fully lvl and kitten WvW.

I’ll keep y’all updated.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

Just FYI the game pairs you with people who have no idea what the kitten they’re doing. You’re playing a level 2 ranger against people who have never played PvP before.

Edit: That is assuming you have no PvP rank, I guess you could have 1400 games but it seems like you have about 20.

(edited by Fluffball.8307)

in Ranger

T raw.4658

Just FYI the game pairs you with people who have no idea what the kitten they’re doing. You’re playing a level 2 ranger against people who have never played PvP before.

Edit: That is assuming you have no PvP rank, I guess you could have 1400 games but it seems like you have about 20.

So ugh the dragon rank finisher I watched was a figment of my imagination

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Apparently, since you seem to know nothing about PvP. Why did you post here again?

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

All I can say is WOW how easy this class is to play.

Yup it can be, especially when you hop into hot join. Still it’s not nearly as easy as playing a thief, talk about a noob friendly class.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

T raw.4658

Apparently, since you seem to know nothing about PvP. Why did you post here again?

Because I rolled a glass ranger and had instant success w/out knowing wtf I was doing.

You not liking what I said isn’t a reason to say I don’t know anything about PvP. Lots of us have more than 1 account. ^^

ps Shout bow warrior takes more skill than ranger…..

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…Shout bow warrior takes more skill than ranger…..

Oh, I get it now. It’s a troll thread?

in Ranger

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

ah yes those easy to pick up unkillable zerker rangers running so glassy with no condi remove who get farmed by ps d/p thieves day and night and by anything remotely awake

yep we need more of them around

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

I play ranger and it is so easy …

I kill men by the hundreds. I consume them with fireballs from my eyes and bolts of lightning from my butt.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

T raw.4658

…Shout bow warrior takes more skill than ranger…..

Oh, I get it now. It’s a troll thread?

I never said shout bows we’re the epitome of skill cause they aren’t but they require more than a zerker ranger.

I’m sorry but the truth hurts

in Ranger

Posted by: Panncakez.1290

Panncakez.1290

You’ll be doing “very well” right up until you’ll get focused/your stone signet vanishes.

in Ranger

T raw.4658

ah yes those easy to pick up unkillable zerker rangers running so glassy with no condi remove who get farmed by ps d/p thieves day and night and by anything remotely awake

yep we need more of them around

Heh I’m FAR from unkillable mate. I’m just saying normally when starting a new class I’m accustomed to a steeper learning curve..

As for D/P thieves..it really depends on player/situation.

I’ve straight owned some and lost some.

in Ranger

T raw.4658

You’ll be doing “very well” right up until you’ll get focused/your stone signet vanishes.

That’s any class tho. I find awareness of my surroundings and proper positioning mitigate most of my problems.

That being said there is some seriously good survivability in that build.

in Ranger

Posted by: Panncakez.1290

Panncakez.1290

That’s any class tho. I find awareness of my surroundings and proper positioning mitigate most of my problems.

That being said there is some seriously good survivability in that build.

The moment you get chilled/crippled and focused down, none of your skills in 6/6/2 will be able to save you.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

You are certainly right though, Ranger is easy to play. Against terrible players that is. Against anyone decent, you have your back against the wall. Very low skill floor, yet a very high ceiling.

in Ranger

Posted by: Benjamin.8237

Benjamin.8237

Because Dragon Rank is a measure of skill when you can get it in a under a thousand games right?

P R I N C E | Best Renger EU
You can find me in PvP | I normally answer PMs

in Ranger

Posted by: Terkov.4138

Terkov.4138

Ranger is as easy as BS→100b warr in first weeks of game. It’s “I win button” until you meet someone who knows how what his skills do.

in Ranger

T raw.4658

I’m getting a lot of hate here lol

Sorry but the skill ceiling is low fellas. This class is the one designated for beginners. You might disagree but let’s all look at this w/out bias……rangers require minimal skill to succeed.

I understand my statements may anger you but deep down you know its true

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

1) It’s not possible for you to be experienced with PvP and not have noticed the weaknesses of a LB ranger. You’re spamming attack skills and thinking you’re doing well and getting attacked and dying. I promise you you’re not playing it at the level of someone who actually knows what they’re doing.

2) Most of us don’t even play LB ranger in PvP.

in Ranger

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Because I rolled a glass ranger and had instant success w/out knowing wtf I was doing.

You not liking what I said isn’t a reason to say I don’t know anything about PvP. Lots of us have more than 1 account. ^^

ps Shout bow warrior takes more skill than ranger…..

As a shoutbow and hambow warr I couldnt disagree more. But looking at your replies in this thread ur trolling with great success, so Ill leave this be!

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Sorry but the skill ceiling is low fellas. This class is the one designated for beginners. You might disagree but let’s all look at this w/out bias……rangers require minimal skill to succeed.

If you think bow ranger and shoutbow are easy you should really try out playing a thief in PvP. The skill floor is stupid low. You barely have to fight because your job is to run from fights and cap empty points. The only time you do fight is when you see someone is already in a fight and have blown a bunch of their cooldowns and then all you do is port to them and spam 2 or 3 buttons.

If you are in trouble you just disappear and port yourself all the way across the map to find an uncontested point. Seriously, a brain dead monkey could play it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

Does this guy even realize that playing a ranger for the first time affects his MMR? He wrecked some equally bad players on a power ranger, what else is new?

in Ranger

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

All I see is your words expressing your opinion. Many of us have very different opinions and have been playing Ranger for far longer.

As it is, I’d say you’re are a very inexperienced Ranger.

My impression from you taking the time to make this seemingly trolly thread and from your seemingly trolly replies in it is that you have a grudge against Rangers. This makes me assume that you still haven’t learned how to deal with a longbow ranger.

This is the impression I get. Another person who’s opinion I couldn’t care less about because they haven’t provided anything to support it. Just “this is what I think”. Not even a why other than your anecdote of “I played and it was easy”.

<sarcasm>I look forward to when you’ll do the same in other class forums</sarcasm> … I won’t be surprised when I see it … assuming you haven’t already.

Ultimately, what was the purpose of this thread other than to try to rile people up?

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

@ OP

What evidence do you have that further supports ranger is easy to play? We all have opinions, so some tangible numbers would have to be the tiebreaker.

For my evidence that you are wrong, I am going to use the example of the WTS tournaments. Of the top 40 professions represented, there have been, rough estimate, I don’t remember the first Chinese team comps exactly but…
Warrior: 8
Elementist: 8
Engineer: 8
Thief: 7
Guardian: 5
Mesmer: 2
Necromancer: 1
Ranger 1

Like I said, the numbers from guardian up might be give or take 1 or 2 but for sure Mesmer, necro, ranger are where they are at. By this I would have to say ranger is apparently significantly more difficult than warrior.

in Ranger

Posted by: Jaysin X.6740

Jaysin X.6740

@ OP

What evidence do you have that further supports ranger is easy to play? We all have opinions, so some tangible numbers would have to be the tiebreaker.

For my evidence that you are wrong, I am going to use the example of the WTS tournaments. Of the top 40 professions represented, there have been, rough estimate, I don’t remember the first Chinese team comps exactly but…
Warrior: 8
Elementist: 8
Engineer: 8
Thief: 7
Guardian: 5
Mesmer: 2
Necromancer: 1
Ranger 1

Like I said, the numbers from guardian up might be give or take 1 or 2 but for sure Mesmer, necro, ranger are where they are at. By this I would have to say ranger is apparently significantly more difficult than warrior.

Pretty much this. Everyone’s experiences in spvp differ. So we have to look at the highest level for a consistent metric in what classes are capable of. If a class and build are not regularly represented at that level, then logic would suggest that; (A) That class/build is not as easy to master, and/or (B) It is not especially effective at that level.

But w/e, this thread seemed to be made to stir up kitten anyways.

in Ranger

T raw.4658

If you think bow ranger and shoutbow are easy you should really try out playing a thief in PvP. The skill floor is stupid low. You barely have to fight because your job is to run from fights and cap empty points. The only time you do fight is when you see someone is already in a fight and have blown a bunch of their cooldowns and then all you do is port to them and spam 2 or 3 buttons.

If you are in trouble you just disappear and port yourself all the way across the map to find an uncontested point. Seriously, a brain dead monkey could play it.

Maybe you should finally roll a thief since ranger is too hard for you then.

Please upload your daily videos of your achievements as a thief and post them on the thief forums

thx

in Ranger

T raw.4658

Where did I say that rangers are meta for PvP?

All I said is the class is ez mode and I’m having success in unranked having never played a ranger

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Please upload your daily videos of your achievements as a thief and post them on the thief forums

thx

Oh I’ve had a thief for years, I play it from time to time but never for very long because it is so stupid easy that I get bored of it very quickly. It is without a doubt the easiest class to play successfully in PvP. I mean even shoutbow is tougher to play because you have to be able to sit on point and survive being focused.

in Ranger

T raw.4658

thx

Oh I’ve had a thief for years, I play it from time to time but never for very long because it is so stupid easy that I get bored of it very quickly. It is without a doubt the easiest class to play successfully in PvP. I mean even shoutbow is tougher to play because you have to be able to sit on point and survive being focused.

Really that’s the best response you got?

When ya get around to rolling thief lemme know how it goes

in Ranger

Puck.9612

thx

?
I told you I have a thief, I have at least 1 of every profession. Thief is easy mode and boring to play in WvW and PvP. I enjoy things that are a little more challenging, but judging by your opening post I thought you were looking for the easiest class so I decided to recommend what is hands down the easiest class in the game to play.

Did I misunderstand the intention of your thread?

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

That’s good, when you start playing ranked on a regular basis let us know how ez mode 662 LB ranger is. Ok, thanks. Maybe a few videos would clear up our skeptisicm? Most of us have only play 2 or 3 thousand ranked matches, but there is always a chance to learn something from “new blood.”

I am curious how you handle 1v1 and outnumbered situations with such ease. Maybe there is an ez-mode button I am missing…

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Ranger

T raw.4658

thx

?
I told you I have a thief, I have at least 1 of every profession. Thief is easy mode and boring to play in WvW and PvP. I enjoy things that are a little more challenging, but judging by your opening post I thought you were looking for the easiest class so I decided to recommend what is hands down the easiest class in the game to play.

I’ll give ya one more chance.

in Ranger

T raw.4658

That’s good, when you start playing ranked on a regular basis let us know how ez mode 662 LB ranger is. Ok, thanks. Maybe a few videos would clear up our skeptisicm? Most of us have only play 2 or 3 thousand ranked matches, but there is always a chance to learn something from “new blood.”

I am curious how you handle 1v1 and outnumbered situations with such ease. Maybe there is an ez-mode button I am missing…

1v1 I’ve actually been able to handle. Was surprised I could tbh.

As for out numbered I handle them 1 of 2 ways.

1. Run away

2. Learn from my mistakes.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

thx

?

1 more chance for what? I am totally confused by this thread. What exactly is its purpose?

in Ranger

Posted by: Archon.6480

Archon.6480

1. Run away

You should stick to thief then. They are the best class for running away. They can run faster than anything, and go invisible at the same time. Very forgiving to beginners.

Jade Quarry – Esparie
Illustrious Exhausted Primordial Legendary Druid, and Mesmer for fun
PvE | PvP (1500)| WvW | Fractals | Dungeons

in Ranger

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

Thief isnt really forgiving in general but it can be built to be so and still kill you.

Ranger is too specialized in what it does cant have it both

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Ranger

T raw.4658

1. Run away

You should stick to thief then. They are the best class for running away. They can run faster than anything, and go invisible at the same time. Very forgiving to beginners.

You only play ranger mate. I understand why your views are the way they are.

Play another class and you’ll see how ez rangers are.

in Ranger

T raw.4658

Thief isnt really forgiving in general but it can be built to be so and still kill you.

Ranger is too specialized in what it does cant have it both

All classes have the option for forgiving builds. The problem is in PvP you won’t see thieves built like that.

Tho we’re getting side tracked. This isn’t thief vs ranger but rather on how little skill is required to play ranger.

Well power LB ranger….but I hear the condi regeneration ranger is even easier to play

in Ranger

T raw.4658

thx

?

1 more chance for what? I am totally confused by this thread. What exactly is its purpose?

Good to see you on board mate

in Ranger

Posted by: Skullface.7293

Skullface.7293

You are right about Ranger being a class with a low skill floor, meaning players new to it can have some success in unranked queues where you fight against people who are inexperienced.

However, the skill cap of the class against competent players is way higher. You need to micro-manage your pet extremely well (lots of cancel-casting) to be able to use the full potential of the class while landing your own weapon skills. It’s something that can be hard to do especially during team fights.

Hiro || Talgo
Main: Ranger
Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/hirothebeast

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Tho we’re getting side tracked. This isn’t thief vs ranger but rather on how little skill is required to play ranger.

Oh so that is your goal, you are trying to make yourself feel better about playing a thief. That’s kind of adorable that you are trying so hard to justify how ez mode your favorite class is.

in Ranger

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

A thief saying Ranger is easier, what a joke.

I wish the ranger had a lot of stealth, disengages, blinds, insta cast skills, like a thief.

I wish my weapon skills are not affected by chill, I wish I had an instacast spammable intterupt. what else?

I wish my ranger had a lot of teles/ports for mobility too!

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

(edited by StickerHappy.8052)

in Ranger

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Complaining about ranger being ineffective in tournament level is legit. Complaining that ranger is not in unranked/ranked is probably not. Most of your opponents are not very coordinated even if they are premades. You should be able to do your thing relatively easily, even compared across all other professions

in Ranger

T raw.4658

Oh so that is your goal, you are trying to make yourself feel better about playing a thief. That’s kind of adorable that you are trying so hard to justify how ez mode your favorite class is.

Your brief shining moment is gone now in a flaming pile of bigotry.

Have a nice day.

in Ranger

T raw.4658

I wish the ranger had a lot of stealth, disengages, blinds, insta cast skills, like a thief.

I wish my weapon skills are not affected by chill, I wish I had an instacast spammable intterupt. what else?

It doesn’t matter what profession I play. Ranger is easy to play.

I literally rolled one on a whim and succeeded with zero effort to actually learn the class.

I’m sorry you don’t agree but it’s the truth.

Now you need to let go of this whole thief thing. Yes I play a thief. Yes I play an ele. Yes I play an engi. Yes I play a mesmer. Yes I play a warrior and now yes I play a ranger.

Out of all the classes I play I was really shocked at just how easy I was able to pick up the class and succeed. You can be upset with what I say but you know what they say about truth.

Good day

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Bait was cast and many a catch were reeled in…

Attachments:

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

T raw.4658

You are right about Ranger being a class with a low skill floor, meaning players new to it can have some success in unranked queues where you fight against people who are inexperienced.

However, the skill cap of the class against competent players is way higher. You need to micro-manage your pet extremely well (lots of cancel-casting) to be able to use the full potential of the class while landing your own weapon skills. It’s something that can be hard to do especially during team fights.

It doesn’t matter who i’m fighting against. I’m on a class with zero hours played vs people who at least have sunk enough time to lvl and fully equip the character they are playing.

Most of the time they are their mains.

I have NO business having this much success having invested literally no time learning the profession. I should be nothing but a liability in a match on a ranger.

But I’m not….

in Ranger

T raw.4658

Complaining about ranger being ineffective in tournament level is legit. Complaining that ranger is not in unranked/ranked is probably not. Most of your opponents are not very coordinated even if they are premades. You should be able to do your thing relatively easily, even compared across all other professions

This fella understands.

And to further his point I will ask everyone to look at the most recent nerfs handed out. The turret engi.

Turret engi wasn’t viable in tournament play, but was gutted by Anet. So let’s stop with the not viable for Tourney play angle.

Thanks.

in Ranger

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

It doesn’t matter what profession I play. Ranger is easy to play.

I literally rolled one on a whim and succeeded with zero effort to actually learn the class.

I’m sorry you don’t agree but it’s the truth.

Now you need to let go of this whole thief thing. Yes I play a thief. Yes I play an ele. Yes I play an engi. Yes I play a mesmer. Yes I play a warrior and now yes I play a ranger.

Out of all the classes I play I was really shocked at just how easy I was able to pick up the class and succeed. You can be upset with what I say but you know what they say about truth.

Good day

How about you show us by doing a stream, that you’re having 5+ consecutive wins in Rank Que, to prove that it’s easy to be successful as a power ranger?

If you’re just doing those 2 wins 2 loses, 3 wins 2 loses pattern, then it’s perfectly normal, and it can be done on any classes easily without much effort put into it. This does not prove that a class is easy to be successful, but an indication of there’re terrible players and experience players out there, and it’s purely luck base to get a good team.

Also, talking about MMR, if you just start a class, you’ll start at the bottom tier of MMR of that class, meaning you’ll be matching against the most terrible players. You should keep playing and climb up the MMR first.

in Ranger

T raw.4658

So you want base my claims validity on stringing together 5 wins in ranked by YOLO queueing…..lol