So the ideal raid druid is a tank&healer

in Ranger

Posted by: nacario.9417

nacario.9417

Before raids started I made zealot gear, burning over 500g, but I see now that the damage we do in itself arnt that big/important based on Spirit Vale encounters. For instance, more and more are beating Gorseval with a class that is both tank and healer, often a druid. The ranger/druid is great by offering 10% damage from empowerment glyph, 10% damage from Frost Spirit, burn from Sun Spirit and potential 15% from GotL trait. For heal I prefer using Healing Spring as it builds up AF nicely, while I use unity elite for addition heals (its a quick casttime as well). If your party members are skilled theyll avoid taking unnesscary damage while blasting waterfields which should be enough, especially for the DPS race Gorseval is.

Are there any druids here that are both tanking and healing? I think I wanna do this, so time to give clerics a go. Being zealot is currently obsolete, the damage we do is to low compared to the extra DPS member one could get than having 1 class for tank and 1 class for healing.

Just my two cents, feel free to give your opinion/experience.

Power Ranger PvP
I used to be a power ranger, now not sure anymore

in Ranger

Posted by: SoftLight.2175

SoftLight.2175

i´m not even willing to read anything that has a title like “the optimal x” or “the best build”

so actually you re saying that the build you play is the best build and everyone else build even if it fits their teamcomposition way better is just worse than yours right?

in Ranger

nacario.9417

i´m not even willing to read anything that has a title like “the optimal x” or “the best build”

so actually you re saying that the build you play is the best build and everyone else build even if it fits their teamcomposition way better is just worse than yours right?

You are in your right to be offended, however Im not trying to imply that Im using the best build because I havent listed traits etc, just the idea behind it. My reasoning is this, if a raid chooses to have a druid, then we are not there for our individual damage – so why go zealot, though I can see this if the group has another class that is tank as staff AA on druid improves a lil.
But if the druid is there it brings raid damage, but based on my narrow experience in Gorseval it looks to me that druids are optimal (if in the raid composition) as both tank and healer, giving room for another DPS class.

This is what I was hoping to get some feedback on/strat.

Power Ranger PvP

in Ranger

SoftLight.2175

dont take it personal. but then why dont you type in a title as a question?

something like “is heal and tank on druid the best option?” no you didnt.
you said. “So the ideal raid druid IS a tank&healer” that´s a fact.

see what i wanna tell you? its not about how of a nice buddy you are or what great ideas you have after reading your post but about the first impression someone gets.

in Ranger

nacario.9417

dont take it personal. but then why dont you type in a title as a question?

something like “is heal and tank on druid the best option?” no you didnt.
you said. “So the ideal raid druid IS a tank&healer” that´s a fact.

see what i wanna tell you? its not about how of a nice buddy you are or what great ideas you have after reading your post but about the first impression someone gets.

You are really being edgy today. I already explained myself in the second post, and here you are again so offended. And yet you provide nothing. Now remove yourself and be important somewhere else

Power Ranger PvP

in Ranger

SoftLight.2175

and i allready told you that its nothing personal.. and now you re the one who get to that point. yes you said you want feedback and you have those ideas in your second post and again. then why dont you just ask for it.

its like i would do a post and name it like “guardian is the best class” and then start with “hi guys just want to hear some feedback on my build and..”

in Ranger

Posted by: Yasi.9065

Yasi.9065

….

And yet, surprisingly, you still read it.

Ontopic:
Im still not quite sure where to fit druid in raids. Atm, spirits are bugged and as soon as you have a chronomancer in squad, buffs from spirits get put on illusions first, instead of players or even group first. So that dmg buff kinda is meh atm.
Leaves 10% dmg glyph and grace of lands.
For a tank, druid just doesnt have enough CC, blocks, invuln… but on the other hand… keeping up AF is easiest done at boss.

in Ranger

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

Leaves 10% dmg glyph and grace of lands.
For a tank, druid just doesnt have enough CC, blocks, invuln… but on the other hand… keeping up AF is easiest done at boss.

This is true, with how the patch did AF generation, you are better at the boss where you and most people will likely be taking “some” damage… Well, I did “some” because people are getting better at evading and dodging damaging attacks even in raids.

However, I wouldn’t think of druid as a tank to fill the role of main tank. That I’d still give to guardians and maybe skillful revenants. However, if the group doesn’t have any coordination, and the heavies can’t get off there rocker with zerker gear or whatever and tank, then druid can do it but you’ll be relying on others to heal themselves and on them to help you break the break bars down too.

So it is possible to do both roles, but if you are doing both roles at the same time in the raid/party/squad (any aspect of the game played with other people), I would really question the viability of the group then. The adage “Jack of all trades, master of none” fits in that situation, because you’ll not be tanking well and/or you’ll not be healing others well.

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Before raids started I made zealot gear, burning over 500g, but I see now that the damage we do in itself arnt that big/important based on Spirit Vale encounters. For instance, more and more are beating Gorseval with a class that is both tank and healer, often a druid. The ranger/druid is great by offering 10% damage from empowerment glyph, 10% damage from Frost Spirit, burn from Sun Spirit and potential 15% from GotL trait. For heal I prefer using Healing Spring as it builds up AF nicely, while I use unity elite for addition heals (its a quick casttime as well). If your party members are skilled theyll avoid taking unnesscary damage while blasting waterfields which should be enough, especially for the DPS race Gorseval is.

Are there any druids here that are both tanking and healing? I think I wanna do this, so time to give clerics a go. Being zealot is currently obsolete, the damage we do is to low compared to the extra DPS member one could get than having 1 class for tank and 1 class for healing.

Sorry to tell ya m8, but I srongly suggested you hold off on the zealot.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/A-Raid-druid/first#post5767732

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

I came to a conclusion that if you intend to play a healing druid – your DPS will be way too low in comparison to other classes that the investment of any kind of damage is not worth it.

If that’s the case – you don’t really want to heal at all which is a waste of 15% damage to a lot of people and a waste of potential.
And you actually want to do nothing but blast water fields which is Engie and Ele’s job. So if you intend to heal people sacrificing personal DPS – you do want to fulfill 2 roles at the same time playing that tank and healer in 1.

My 2 cents are:
~ You either don’t need a healing druid at all or
~ You want to glue him to tanking in one go

“Observe, learn and counter.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

I would rather take a cavalier reaper as the tank or dire/sinister reaper that has just slightly higher toughness than everyone else. And then dps everyone else. I had no problem keeping my team alive as a full zerker Druid. + as ranged dps I could get into all the Lightning circles.

in Ranger

Posted by: TurtleDragon.3108

TurtleDragon.3108

One of the guilds that popularized the druid tank and healer idea even said they don’t recommend doing it. It’s also only relevant on the first boss anyways, since you don’t “need” a tank for the 2nd and 3rd boss. If you are running clerics, you just happen to be the tank on Gorseval since you have the most toughness anyways.

in Ranger

Posted by: Stand The Wall.6987

Stand The Wall.6987

Why would you invest in a build + playstyle when its not even established that it would be effective? If you couldnt help yourself, you couldve at least bought the least expensive option for testing purposes. For TP gambles it makes sense, but what you gain here is what exactly? Sorry if I come off as a kitten, but I’ve done something like this before and I certainly wouldnt want anyone else doing it.

Team Deathmatch for PvP – Raise the AoE cap for WvW – More unique events for PvE

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

Magi+Clerics with as many Magi pieces as possible seems to be the best way if you want to go full heals. The unfortunate drawback is that this gear is useless in anything other than raids.

I think i’d rather go in as viper/sinister condi DPS and sacrifice GoL. A lot of groups are calling for condi players and condi ranger was almost as good as sinister engi prepatch. I’m not sure how the numbers are since then but it should still be close.

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

Magi+Clerics with as many Magi pieces as possible seems to be the best way if you want to go full heals. The unfortunate drawback is that this gear is useless in anything other than raids.

I think i’d rather go in as viper/sinister condi DPS and sacrifice GoL. A lot of groups are calling for condi players and condi ranger was almost as good as sinister engi prepatch. I’m not sure how the numbers are since then but it should still be close.

The thing about magi stat, is that its so easy to get. And because this set its all about the healing power, exotic gear doing the same as ascended. Its a risk free low invesment gear set. Thats why I recommaned it as the first healer gear to try out.

Regarding condi builds – from what I understand, engi can stack in burnings what ranger can stack in bleeds , so the gap is quite huge. Not sure about that….

in Ranger

Prophet.1584

The thing about magi stat, is that its so easy to get. And because this set its all about the healing power, exotic gear doing the same as ascended. Its a risk free low invesment gear set. Thats why I recommaned it as the first healer gear to try out.

Regarding condi builds – from what I understand, engi can stack in burnings what ranger can stack in bleeds , so the gap is quite huge. Not sure about that….

yea I know condi engi has gotten better but i didn’t think the gap had widened that much. I think it still puts us as second best condi class unless condi reaper/necro has gotten that much better as well. I know there was some improvement there as well.

I agree Magi works for a healing druid but most of the groups i’ve pugged with want you to ping your ascended gear, they don’t care that the difference isn’t much if your not running full ascended gear and weapons. that was why I was looking into an apothecary or nomad build, sacrifice damage for tanking and still be able to heal.

in Ranger

Posted by: Narcarsis.5739

Narcarsis.5739

I would rather take a cavalier reaper as the tank or dire/sinister reaper that has just slightly higher toughness than everyone else. And then dps everyone else. I had no problem keeping my team alive as a full zerker Druid. + as ranged dps I could get into all the Lightning circles.

There’s a lot more passive damage in Sab and Goes. I don’t think full Zerker would work at that point because if you let anyone go down you begin to suffer huge dps loss overall by having to res. Found zealot’s as a happy medium but that’s just what I experienced.

in Ranger

LughLongArm.5460

yea I know condi engi has gotten better but i didn’t think the gap had widened that much. I think it still puts us as second best condi class unless condi reaper/necro has gotten that much better as well. I know there was some improvement there as well.

I agree Magi works for a healing druid but most of the groups i’ve pugged with want you to ping your ascended gear, they don’t care that the difference isn’t much if your not running full ascended gear and weapons. that was why I was looking into an apothecary or nomad build, sacrifice damage for tanking and still be able to heal.

Thats annoying, go explain to pugs that having ~90 healing power difference at the level of 1200+ healing power menas nothing as you overheal by tons anyway while your strong heals are out of CD. And having exta 10 heal on your regen ticks, doesnt count for much. They also want you to get that healing sigil that costs like 50g on TP? It makes much more difference compared to exotic vs ascended.

in Ranger

Prophet.1584

Thats annoying, go explain to pugs that having ~90 healing power difference at the level of 1200+ healing power menas nothing as you overheal by tons anyway while your strong heals are out of CD. And having exta 10 heal on your regen ticks, doesnt count for much. They also want you to get that healing sigil that costs like 50g on TP? It makes much more difference compared to exotic vs ascended.

your 100% right but there’s just no arguing with some people. The cost is what kept me from going glassy zealots, magi’s fairly cheap so just the cost of the sigil won’t be too bad.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

You are wrong and you know it. Going from zealot to cleric is absurd.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!