So unexcited

So unexcited

in Ranger

Posted by: Starblind.5921

Starblind.5921

I’ve been playing a Ranger since the game came out. I’ve always enjoyed the class and never understood why others would talk about how much it sucked. We play a game to have fun right? I like being able to do significant damage from a distance, and I’ve played every class. I like this one the best.
Now the Druid has been revealed. If I had never played GW2 before and read the description of the Druid, based on my past MMO experience I would think I was reading the description of a Cleric. And that would be great for people who wanted to play a Cleric class.
I guess I should of known when I heard that we would be able to now use a Staff, but really, giving a Ranger the opportunity to be a Cleric in the expansion is the best they could do?
Let me ask you something. How much to Runes and Sigils in the Black Lion Trading post that heal other players go for? They are the cheapest in the game because no body wants them. And guess what? I don’t want to be a Cleric.
The only skill I saw on that list that looked like it might be good was the very first one listed, Solar Beam. I could care less if it heals allies if someone happens to be standing in the beam but if it has the range of a long bow it sounds pretty good.
I’m so glad I didn’t pre-order the expansion. The reason I have not pre-ordered is because I wanted to know exactly what I would be getting for my money. How many Zones? And of those zones how many are PvP related? Because I have no desire to PvP in any way shape or form…Like ever. How many of those Zones are Dungeons? Because I rarely if ever do Dungeons. I’m a casual player and the original game has PvP and Dungeons but its fun for the casual players who like to log on for an hour or two, kill some world bosses and log out.
In real life I am probably one of the oldest players in the game. Its a good thing I like casual play because I really don’t have much other choice. A family and Job keep me busy, but my point is I have money and I have spent a lot of it in the Gem store to support this game, but if they don’t fix this Druid Class not only am I not buying the expansion but I’m done buying things in the Gem store too especially after reading the “Meet the Druid” description. We vote with our pocket books, and I vote no.

Glitter Pop

So unexcited

in Ranger

Posted by: arnitheking.8427

arnitheking.8427

Well that’s ok, but you do realize you don’t HAVE to play as a healer with the druid right? you can play full condi, power, whatever and just heal as an additional mechanic, like when you enter celestial form you can use the nb 2 ability to cleanse condis, nb 3 to daze and explo, nb 5 to root etc. On that note I would highly recommend that you check out the theorycrafting threads around here to see the immense potential druid has for pretty much every build.. Also sorry but I have to do this: “I should of” → “I should have”

So unexcited

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

No, anri, you give up a third trait line that could go towards NOT being a healer. There’s only two traits in that Druid line that ISN’T about being a Healer. The glyphs are horrible. Plain and simple there’s no reason to take them. ESPECIALLY THE KNOCKBACK GLYPH. What a stupid idea. You don’t spec to Druid if you want to DPS. You spec to Druid if you want to be a Healer. It’s really like that. Put glitter on a kitten and it’s still a kitten … now it’s just a shiny kitten .

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

So unexcited

in Ranger

Posted by: Ark Bladesteele.2943

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I eagerly await your thread in a couple of months after you’ve bought the expansion telling us how great it is or giving feedback on the content. Because you will buy it. Nobody takes the time to write a 6 paragraph essay about something they have no interest in.

NSP’s resident crazy-eyed sylvari

So unexcited

in Ranger

Posted by: Starblind.5921

Starblind.5921

True Ark Bladesteele, I probably will buy it, but only when its on sale and because I want to try out new non-PvP zones with my RANGER, not my DRUID.

I have interest in this game which is also true. I wrote this post to hope they make the Druid a class I actually want to play before its release. If they do, then I’ll buy it the day it comes out. If not, then I won’t.

Glitter Pop

So unexcited

in Ranger

Ark Bladesteele.2943

I personally think Druid is a great idea, and it’s still entirely possible to make a high damage spec Druid using gear and the other two trait lines. If we weren’t able to swap weapons, Druid would have been a terrible choice. As it stands, we can, so I’ll probably end up running a combination of celestial/zealot. I do kinda wish they had given staff damage on auto attack, and I think they still might.

So unexcited

in Ranger

TheFantasticGman.9451

Obviously your definition of high dps and my definition are two astronomically different things. Lemme guess, you think a nomad shout warrior is high dps??? Nevermind, I already know the answer.

So unexcited

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Eh…equip your Druid with a SB. High DPS.

So unexcited

in Ranger

TheFantasticGman.9451

Eh…equip your Druid with a SB. High DPS.

Can’t tell if srs or trolling…

So unexcited

in Ranger

TheFantasticGman.9451

So, I’m a jerk for stating the obvious difference in our view of what is high dps and what isn’t.

10/10.

So unexcited

in Ranger

Ark Bladesteele.2943

No, you’re a jerk for suggesting I think something I don’t.

So unexcited

in Ranger

TheFantasticGman.9451

Ok, what is your idea of high dps build then? I mean, since you have provided anything to point to what you think of a high dps build…

So unexcited

in Ranger

Posted by: Dolt.2731

Dolt.2731

Keep calm and ranger on.

Ebenezer Smee, Ranger SBI

So unexcited

in Ranger

Posted by: Moderator.3204

Moderator.3204

Since the discussion in this thread has derailed and is no longer constructive this thread is now closed.