Stop being such pessimists!

in Ranger

Posted by: solrik.6028

solrik.6028

Yes, pets are getting nerfed, if the leaked information is true.

But why do you see it as a negative thing?

Anet said they don’t want to make huge changes at once but take it slow and find a sweet spot.

We, the players, have complained about how much damage our pets stand for and how ‘broken’ the AI is.

Complaining without thinking leads nowhere. Maybe it does, but it is not something positive.

There are different possible scenarios:
Anet nerfs the pets to see how ranger holds up and later decides if the pet should stay nerfed while the rangers receive an overall buff.

…later decides if the pets should be used for damage or utility and adjusts the ranger accordingly.

…later realizes that by nerfind pets, they nerfed the whole class and comes up with something else which will lead to the same 100 complain threads. I suspect the reason they nerf them now is because of the regen ranger.

Torment:
Thiefs get torment, but that doesn’t mean we know if the condition will be a high/low cd skill and how much damage it does.

Sb 900 range:
How many times do you fight at 900-1200 range? I barely find myself keeping that range the whole time. SB5 was good for stopping a runner but tbh a shortbow is not a longbow. All the other skills were buffed, which means there is less loss of dps when using any of the skills.

Longbow:
Aftercast time decreased, which means that the fire rate will go up
(Aftercast time is the time between skill uses)

Path of Scars:
I can think of ways of using it. One of them being: Throw it into the zerg and watch how enemies get pulled right into no man’s land (or the friendly zerg).

in Ranger

Posted by: MementoMortis.4258

MementoMortis.4258

Frankly, I would be MORE than happy if they simply added a line in this update that stated, “Pets have improved AI.” Wouldn’t it be neat if our pets began to AVOID Lava Fonts and Marks?

Beyond that, I’m reserving judgement.

Alya Ah Solium
Jade Quarry
“Rangers LEAD the way.”

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Because I would rather not sit around for a month with 0 damage out put hoping that Anet finally sees what everybody can see right now.

in Ranger

solrik.6028

Frankly, I would be MORE than happy if they simply added a line in this update that stated, “Pets have improved AI.” Wouldn’t it be neat if our pets began to AVOID Lava Fonts and Marks?

Beyond that, I’m reserving judgement.

I was very happy when the patch notes said “improve pet ai” last time… It was sadly just a disappointment

in Ranger

Posted by: Serraphin Storm.2369

Serraphin Storm.2369

Becarefully what you wish for if they let pets avoid red circles or damage on thier own they would do thier job and send much of the time avioding and not attacking.

We are not sure if these changes are legit even if they were there may be changes to it before they go live.

I for one view the changes in a positive way. The pull on path of scar is a big deal in my eyes. (if it can pull more than one target).

In order to properly understand the big picture,
everyone should fear becoming mentally clouded and obsessed with one small section of truth.

in Ranger

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

I always find my self +1,000 with SB because I play a power GS ranger with birds. My damage comes from setting up my pet with GS Block—>Knock Down foe—>Daze/Stun for the extra pet damage and Pet F2 to land with Maul then I Swoop away 1,100 and swap to SB and immediately hit SB Snare which causes all my pets attack to bleed the snared target…at this point I auto attack until I see foe animation to heal and I hit SB 5 to daze/stun and then SB poison as they try to heal again…All of this is being done at 1000 to 1200 range!

I drop back to GS and Swoop in and do it again!

If SB drops to 900 range I still need SB for this style of play as its all about setting up my pet but now my foe -who should know SB range is 900- simply turns around and runs in the other direction as I swoop! If I use Axe which is far superior at 900 or less range over SB its the same issue and now I have to figure out how to interrupt the next x2 heals!!!

in Ranger

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

The ranger community for the most part seems to long sense lost any positive outlook (with a few vocal exceptions) on what the patches will bring. The developers have cultivated this and past experience show that yes Ranger will get hit again, and the search for builds continues. Ranger adapts, anet plays whack-a-mole all circle of life and explicit.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

in Ranger

Posted by: Doug.9628

Doug.9628

good players will adapt, bad players will post on the forums in a blind fit of rage without testing anything new. It’s the nature of mmos

in Ranger

Posted by: Prophet.1584

Prophet.1584

good players will adapt, bad players will post on the forums in a blind fit of rage without testing anything new. It’s the nature of mmos

EXACTLY! the cream will always rise to the top and the players who love their ranger will play ranger. with or without a nerf. eventually new builds will become viable. the thing with the ranger class since day one is that we’ve been forced to adapt to the crappy hand ANets dealt us, so what’s changed?

I’m sorry, Dave. I’m afraid I can’t do that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

I’ve lost what little hope and faith I had in ANet. Now there is nothing left.

Longbow buffs look great and spirit changes look promising. Spider pet’s small damage increase looks nice and Evasive Purity becoming a Master trait is interesting too. Those changes could give one hope. But then:
Most pet damage nerfed by up to 50% (no small adjustment at all) and shortbow range changed to 900 on all skills. That makes me lose all hope and faith in ANet.

“Unparalleled archers”. Yeah right. “The Ranger is our ranged class”. Yeah right. Nearly every class has 1200 range. The mesmer Greatsword doesn’t even count as a projectile, thus making it impossible to block of reflect.The longbow should have become 1500 range by default (so it also doesn’t need 50 trait points to grab its traits – including a master trait in a grandmaster slot (eagle eye and piercing arrows)) and shortbow should have stayed at 1200. Then yes, unparalleled archers. Now it’s just rubbish.

Ranger power builds are rubbish because of pet and now pets are rubbish too.

1 step forward, 3 steps back.

I fully expect these leaked changes to be true, although it’s probably a bit dated, so there might be some small differences.

I do have some ideas for a new build, which is kind of nice, but the nerfs were over the top. 20% damage decrease, understandable, but 50%, no. And kicking the shortbow down to the range of the axe, no. Absolutely ridiculous.

Waiting 8 months for longbow, spirit and trait changes and we get it served with this nonsense.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

Ppl just leave if you dont like where things are going..stop complaining.
stop trying to convice us that Anet has a secret hate against Rangers.They worked like years to create this class,to create this game and they kept working in it just because they have some kind of phycoligical issues to torment others…The Anet hates Rangers and universe hates you for choosing Ranger at a game…..Y sure

in Ranger

Doug.9628

EXACTLY! the cream will always rise to the top and the players who love their ranger will play ranger. with or without a nerf. eventually new builds will become viable. the thing with the ranger class since day one is that we’ve been forced to adapt to the crappy hand ANets dealt us, so what’s changed?

this goes for everything in life, but if you judge something based on how it was in the past you learn nothing about how it is in the present. Don’t think twice about these changes until they are official and you can play around with them

in Ranger

Holland.9351

Stop telling us what to do and what not to do. Mind your own business. Everyone is going to have to deal with these changes. Period. Half of them are still ridiculous and uncalled for or over the top.

in Ranger

Doug.9628

Stop telling us what to do and what not to do. Mind your own business. Everyone is going to have to deal with these changes. Period. Half of them are still ridiculous and uncalled for or over the top.

dude, you don’t even know that these notes are complete. Notice how there are a few trait lines left out completely and they said as recently as 2 days ago that every line was seeing changes. Maybe these are leaked from an earlier build? Maybe they are really good fakes. Maybe they are incomplete. You are crying the sky is falling and devoting all this negativity to something that isn’t even certain. Seriously, you shouldn’t go around making negative assumptions/judging things before they happen. It’s a waste of time and nobody wants to listen to other people compain. This forum is very childish

in Ranger

Holland.9351

dude, you don’t even know that these notes are complete. Notice how there are a few trait lines left out completely and they said as recently as 2 days ago that every line was seeing changes. Maybe these are leaked from an earlier build? Maybe they are really good fakes. Maybe they are incomplete. You are crying the sky is falling and devoting all this negativity to something that isn’t even certain. Seriously, you shouldn’t go around making negative assumptions/judging things before they happen. It’s a waste of time and nobody wants to listen to other people compain. This forum is very childish

Tell us something we don’t know. We’re voicing our opinions of the “leaked” changes which may or may not be true or only partially true. There is no use for you telling anyone to stop complaining about it or to wait or to not voice their opinion about it. No use what so ever.

in Ranger

solrik.6028

But it is okay for you to tell me what to do.

Please, think before posting.

“Omg 900 range sucks, I hate anet” is not helping at all while “In exchange for the range nerf, Anet can choose one of the following suggestion that will compensate for the lower range…….” or “900 Range on SB is a bad idea because <insert constructive argument>” gives anet good feedback.

in Ranger

Posted by: Celebratty.1632

Celebratty.1632

This wouldn’t be so bad if we had a way to improve SB. Eagle Eye improves bow damage and range instead of harpoon?
Or we could just rename Ranger to Beastmaster and get an actual sniper class, then watch everyone reroll and this forum disappear.

Lulu [LGN] Anvil Rock
Garbage at every profession 2015

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

You’re asking why I view a nerf of my damage capability as something negative?

Oh I have no idea maybe I’m just crazy like that…

in Ranger

Posted by: Jay The Dude.5830

Jay The Dude.5830

http://cdn.meme.li/instances/400x/23709346.jpg

You people are so Petty….and Tiny

in Ranger

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

We really are grasping at straws here trying to find good things to come for rangers in updates lol.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.8367

Ryan.8367

It’s not so much the nerfs hurt alot, it’s that we’re seeing them in all areas of the game, like I said. Almost all complaints are from PvP. Now all ranger builds , all areas of the game for ranger jus got penalized because of rangers were abusing ONE, ill repeat that, ONE op build that capitalized on the PvP gameplay style and worked out for them and the devs answer to fix that was to nerf a mechanic all ranger builds needed even if they weren’t specced in BM at all and much worse applied it to WvW/PvE as well, 2 game styles that we need more buffs than nerfs in and we’re supposed to sit and here and be happy that they chose such a poor way to implement nerfs to one build in one specific gameplay area of the game?

Like I said in my other post, we got more might to our pet , but the pet still needs to be mobile and be able to hit the target and in WvW it’s effectiveness is dropped 50% easily because of the WvW gameplay style priding mobility moreso than having to eat damage sitting on a point contesting and fighting a ranger. Also, you just gave free might constantly to thieves larc strike as pets CAN’T dodge. Good job.

That’s the issue, it’s not so much the nerfs themselves , it’s where they’re getting applied to that matters.

Let’s be honest here, thieves got a break with reveal and it moved to PvP only because they argued playstyle being different, ele heals see a nerf in pvp only because it was argued the wvw playstyle different as well, why is this any different for rangers? It’s kittening stupid.

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

(edited by Ryan.8367)

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Because i like my pet. If i didn’t, i wouldn’t play the pet class. How stupid of me, eh?

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Doug.9628

Because i like my pet. If i didn’t, i wouldn’t play the pet class. How stupid of me, eh?

the updated traits make it a non issue

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

the updated traits make it a non issue

Might stacks here and there * when traited * won’t replace a previously permanent amount of damage depending on zero traits.

I realise i’m a minority though, and that 99% of the ranger player base is there to play a sniper. Obviously, from such an angle, a pet nerf is a welcome argument to lobby for MOAR DPS NAOW!

Remains to be seen whether these notes are genuine or a funny hoax though.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I find It ironic, and funny, as hell that the forums kitten and moan for the ranger to deal more of the damage, and once they start doing that the forums cry about it…. Make up your bloody minds!

That being said I’m not buying those notes they seem like total BS, too much is fishy about them.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Ryan.8367

I find It ironic, and funny, as hell that the forums kitten and moan for the ranger to deal more of the damage, and once they start doing that the forums cry about it…. Make up your bloody minds!

That being said I’m not buying those notes they seem like total BS, too much is fishy about them.

I don’t think people are complaining about the dmg buffs, I think rangers are actually quite happy about that.

It’s the pet nerfs across all areas of the game being given because of one build being abused in PvP only. If you can’t see that then I feel verrry sorry for you.

Not one person is complaining about receiving LB buffs or 14% dmg buffs to CC abilities on shortbow, not even that many rangers are complaining about the range reduction on SB itself either. If anything this is some of the more positive reaction from rangers I’ve seen in a long time in this regard.

People, myself included, are upset about the way they’re handling trying to down one build being used in PvP, they don’t realize it hurts non-BM rangers even more because now not only did they not get the bonuses from going BM in the first place, non-BM builds received pet damage nerfs for no reason.

The only build in question and is the very reason why pets are getting nerfed is the mere fact that you can go 30 in BM , spec completely for survivability but still be able to achieve near GC numbers from the pet in terms of damage, coupled with the fact that you’re a point bunker holder which is a playstyle that forces you to eat that very damage from the pet no matter how much you dodge. Even rangers themselves were admitting this was very overpowered. The problem is their answer was to nerf pet damage across the board to ALL areas of the game (even in WvW where you don’t need to sit in one spot and eat pet damage to contest a point and fight at the same time) which hurts non-BM’s even more than it hurts BM’s. Are you that blind that you can’t see that?

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

(edited by Ryan.8367)

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I don’t think people are complaining about the dmg buffs, I think rangers are actually quite happy about that.

It’s the pet nerfs across all areas of the game being given because of one build being abused in PvP only. If you can’t see that then I feel verrry sorry for you.

Not one person is complaining about receiving LB buffs or 14% dmg buffs to CC abilities on shortbow, not even that many rangers are complaining about the range reduction on SB itself either. If anything this is some of the more positive reaction from rangers I’ve seen in a long time in this regard.

People, myself included, are upset about the way they’re handling trying to down one build being used in PvP, they don’t realize it hurts non-BM rangers even more because now not only did they not get the bonuses from going BM in the first place, non-BM builds received pet damage nerfs for no reason.

The only build in question and is the very reason why pets are getting nerfed is the mere fact that you can go 30 in BM , spec completely for survivability but still be able to achieve near GC numbers from the pet in terms of damage, coupled with the fact that you’re a point bunker holder which is a playstyle that forces you to eat that very damage from the pet no matter how much you dodge. Even rangers themselves were admitting this was very overpowered. The problem is their answer was to nerf pet damage across the board to ALL areas of the game (even in WvW where you don’t need to sit in one spot and eat pet damage to contest a point and fight at the same time) which hurts non-BM’s even more than it hurts BM’s. Are you that blind that you can’t see that?

Keep in mind those notes are full of errors and inconsistencies with what Anet said, not to mention Anet make changes as fast as my dog will evolve into a mammoth, they’re not gonna nerf BM dmg by 30% AND slap a 2k pet leash cap In the same patch, that’s overkill

in Ranger

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Omg this made my day lmao! Bravo sir, bravo.

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Lets assume for a second that people on the test server haven’t confirmed those notes (they have)…

Does anyone honestly believe that if someone released notes like these, and the entire GW2 community was up in arms over the notes for example…that Anet would actually not respond with “Those notes are fake”

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

in Ranger

Posted by: Jay The Dude.5830

Jay The Dude.5830

Well I’m Happy to hear that some Good Came from this post, it saddens me that the arguing continues,

in Ranger

Posted by: jewishjoyride.4693

jewishjoyride.4693

Right now it looks as if EVERY SINGLE ranger build is being nerfed. Whether you enjoy dungeons, pvp, or wvw pet dmg being lowered is not a good thing. I’m gonna continue to be pessimistic.

in Ranger

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

Well I’m Happy to hear that some Good Came from this post, it saddens me that the arguing continues,

The same thing happened on the Guardian forums when boon hate / boon steal was coming out a few months ago lol….people are going to kitten, with or without actual patch notes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Aegis.9724

Aegis.9724

pessimism = expecting always the worse (which is nerfs in mmos)
rangers in gw2 = nerfed every patch

So the question is, WHY should people be optimistic not the other way around :P

It’s not about a single update, its a trend. Trends are used to create expectations .

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Because that isn’t what is happening in those patch notes at all.

They are getting a bug fix to Longbow auto attack and +20 damage on a few shortbow utilities in exchange for a massive range drop.

That is nowhere near the same thing as more of the Ranger’s damage coming from the actual Ranger instead of the pet.

Can you actually read the notes before talking about them next time.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kimbald.2697

Kimbald.2697

This topic was created to fuel the arguing!
It’s not because the OP is on the side of those not complaining, that the post is not simply arguing for the sake of arguing.

No matter what side it’s coming from, posts telling the other side how wrong they are, serve only the purpose of fueling the discussion.

My own view is simple: I’ll read the patch notes when they come out, and take it from there.
The leaked notes do give me some things to consider and try out for now, but I don’t see them as actual changes yet.

This said: this very thread adds nothing but hostility to the discussion, it does not calm things at all, nor does it intend to.
The only effect of the OP is to stirr things up and tell others how terribly wrong and shortsighted they are.

It’s mostly the title by the way, the post itself is pretty normal.
But just as the doomsayers, the interpretation of the OP is fortune telling as well, but with different colored glasses.
Which is fair enough. But with that title it’s clear it’s meant to stirr things up.

Wiggely, wobbely and other wombaty wabbity creatures…

(edited by Kimbald.2697)

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Because that isn’t what is happening in those patch notes at all.

They are getting a bug fix to Longbow auto attack and +20 damage on a few shortbow utilities in exchange for a massive range drop.

That is nowhere near the same thing as more of the Ranger’s damage coming from the actual Ranger instead of the pet.

Can you actually read the notes before talking about them next time.

Can you read my post before getting so kitten? I said START doing that, you need to remember Anet takes kittening baby steps in all their changes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

Maybe that proof that wasgood point.
anyway – that’s good I had some guardian nearby that just shouted “Stand Your Ground!” just before I’ve read Your post – otherwise I would be knocked down by it
(from laughting – but thankfully stability saved me from this )

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Ranger

Posted by: Dardamaniac.1295

Dardamaniac.1295

ive been telling this since the leaked patch notes came out…This kind of nerf is probably right..With the new companions might in every crit 5 secs of might in pets combined with another 2-3 traits you can stack a lot of mights on pet..something that you couldnt do before…If the dmg stayed as it was this would become too much…also take in mind that every pet does some cond dmg..might boost condition dmg as well..it would be tough for Jaguar to Crit for 5k and bleed for 100 dmg per tick..even if the jaguar wasnt nerfed so much and it did 4k instead still the 100 dmg per tick will destroy the player…Anet i think is trying to remove whatever burst came out from pets and put it to rangers,it wasnt much,never stated that we are a burst specialized class but still this small amount is better to be made by Ranger so you can control it better

in Ranger

Ryan.8367

ive been telling this since the leaked patch notes came out…This kind of nerf is probably right..With the new companions might in every crit 5 secs of might in pets combined with another 2-3 traits you can stack a lot of mights on pet..something that you couldnt do before…If the dmg stayed as it was this would become too much…also take in mind that every pet does some cond dmg..might boost condition dmg as well..it would be tough for Jaguar to Crit for 5k and bleed for 100 dmg per tick..even if the jaguar wasnt nerfed so much and it did 4k instead still the 100 dmg per tick will destroy the player…Anet i think is trying to remove whatever burst came out from pets and put it to rangers,it wasnt much,never stated that we are a burst specialized class but still this small amount is better to be made by Ranger so you can control it better

Not sure what ‘burst’ was transferred to the ranger, the 14% dmg on cc abilities?

What they did by giving more might to pets and making it more accessible, and even they don’t realize is this is that now all you have to do is do boon sharing to pet and use battle sigils coupled with these new traits to get near 25 perma might on the pet. That makes them essentially much more bursty than they are currently especially taking into consideration condition damage into effect. So they’re shooting themselves in the foot here and will end up forcing them to nerf it back as it’s counter-intuitive.

It’s just flawed logic on Anet’s part they need to fix our pet ai and pathing first before making band-aid changes like nerfing pet dmg across the board hurting all builds to try and dumb down ONE build being over-used in one area of the game that promotes having to eat pet dmg (PvP), it’s simple as that.

Tanbin 80 Ranger
Maguuma

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

Might Stacking is one of those things that could just be false hope…. IE: so many Corruption skill spam mobs & adding even more in the future that strip Boons all the time just like they did in GW1. If you hated how often chilblains was spammed EVERYWHERE YOU WENT, give me a hell NO!….

Because I would rather not sit around for a month with 0 damage out put hoping that Anet finally sees what everybody can see right now.

It’s usually 4-6 months… or even 4-6 years if you ask GW1 Elementalists, lol…

Also, we don’t need pet AI changes… those would take too long. We just need instant “Go-To” functionality for NPC’s in general. (would make MM necs semi-viable too).

And several classes… Ranger, Engineer, Necro, maybe even Ele… all need their tow-line skills or pets(S&R) to be able target & pull Downed & Defeated allies up to 30ft OUT FROM UNDER the stupid Endless-HPbar Champions & Legends. This applies to WvW as well where the downed state is a complete joke in all these 1-shot AOE situations (or Champ Risen Spiders) and even us bubble Guardians with max Healing have trouble bringing people back from it while under siege.

This is some really easy low hanging PvE skill split stuff here that they could do TOMORROW without breaking anything like the AI tweaking usually does.

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Ranger

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

Mmmm.

I think we’re missing one of the real > of focusing on might stacking gameplay and downplaying our glass cannons. Cat/bird burst is limited to cats and birds, and might stacking works for every pet. A damage spec was previously limited to bringing vulnerability and swiftness and blind to the table, because cats/birds were far and away better options. Now the opportunity cost for swapping one out and picking another pet to throw different utility on the table is much less.

This is basically an offensive mirror to what they’ve already taken steps towards defensively. Pets were given better defenses so that they could survive better in more dangerous situations, and people migrated away from devourers/bears and a larger swath of pets became acceptable to carry around. Granted, they obviously need to take greater strides in the field of pet defenses, or take a different approach with damage output in dungeons. But both these changes do fit a theme; they seem to be helping builds avoid being pigeonholed to specific pets.

If you think about it, a mechanic that can swap to pets with various utilities on-the-fly was not being best served by options that encouraged pigeonholing. I think we’re moving towards the removal of ‘Tanking pets’ and ‘Glass Cannon pets’. And I think that’s a good thing. (Even if flattening the higher points of our damage curve in an effort to give optional higher sustained damage to all pets currently strikes an unfortunate juxtaposition with the burst-heavy meta, and pets that don’t have traits are taking an awful pounding right now)

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

in Ranger

Posted by: Zindrix.1750

Zindrix.1750

Anet said they don’t want to make huge changes at once but take it slow and find a sweet spot.

We, the players, have complained about how much damage our pets stand for and how ‘broken’ the AI is.

Complaining without thinking leads nowhere. Maybe it does, but it is not something positive.

There are different possible scenarios:
Anet nerfs the pets to see how ranger holds up and later decides if the pet should stay nerfed while the rangers receive an overall buff.

…later decides if the pets should be used for damage or utility and adjusts the ranger accordingly.

…later realizes that by nerfind pets, they nerfed the whole class and comes up with something else which will lead to the same 100 complain threads. I suspect the reason they nerf them now is because of the regen ranger.

Torment:
Thiefs get torment, but that doesn’t mean we know if the condition will be a high/low cd skill and how much damage it does.

Sb 900 range:
How many times do you fight at 900-1200 range? I barely find myself keeping that range the whole time. SB5 was good for stopping a runner but tbh a shortbow is not a longbow. All the other skills were buffed, which means there is less loss of dps when using any of the skills.

Longbow:
Aftercast time decreased, which means that the fire rate will go up
(Aftercast time is the time between skill uses)

Path of Scars:
I can think of ways of using it. One of them being: Throw it into the zerg and watch how enemies get pulled right into no man’s land (or the friendly zerg).

Because, maybe, just maybe, if Anet got their head out of their own kitten they might see a use for a Public Test Realm instead of blindly making changes here and there on live and waiting to fix broken things 3 months down the road.

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

Mmmm.

I think we’re missing one of the real > of focusing on might stacking gameplay and downplaying our glass cannons. Cat/bird burst is limited to cats and birds, and might stacking works for every pet. A damage spec was previously limited to bringing vulnerability and swiftness and blind to the table, because cats/birds were far and away better options. Now the opportunity cost for swapping one out and picking another pet to throw different utility on the table is much less.

This is basically an offensive mirror to what they’ve already taken steps towards defensively. Pets were given better defenses so that they could survive better in more dangerous situations, and people migrated away from devourers/bears and a larger swath of pets became acceptable to carry around. Granted, they obviously need to take greater strides in the field of pet defenses, or take a different approach with damage output in dungeons. But both these changes do fit a theme; they seem to be helping builds avoid being pigeonholed to specific pets.

If you think about it, a mechanic that can swap to pets with various utilities on-the-fly was not being best served by options that encouraged pigeonholing. I think we’re moving towards the removal of ‘Tanking pets’ and ‘Glass Cannon pets’. And I think that’s a good thing. (Even if flattening the higher points of our damage curve in an effort to give optional higher sustained damage to all pets currently strikes an unfortunate juxtaposition with the burst-heavy meta, and pets that don’t have traits are taking an awful pounding right now)

Good analysis, something I had swirling at the back of my head but couldn’t put into words. Maybe they could buff up Speed Training (10% cd reduction on pet non-F2 skills) to make it a more meaningful pick to buff up pet DPS. This would benefit all pet families except for felines as their auto is untouched.

That said, I still don’t understand why Moas got a 7% damage nerf. lol

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

Mmmm.

Good analysis, something I had swirling at the back of my head but couldn’t put into words. Maybe they could buff up Speed Training (10% cd reduction on pet non-F2 skills) to make it a more meaningful pick to buff up pet DPS. This would benefit all pet families except for felines as their auto is untouched.

I agree, it’s sort of like they just started from the top and then had to keep nerfing the pets in the lower part of the ladder so they kept their same order of useful/less-ness

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Mmmm.

I agree, it’s sort of like they just started from the top and then had to keep nerfing the pets in the lower part of the ladder so they kept their same order of useful/less-ness

Except Bears, i think Bears may have just climbed a lot higher on the ladder of DPS, because a 27% nerf to my canines damage means he should be hitting for ~100 more damage than my bear…. and bears attack faster….

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

they need to make the family traits not be family anymore . That would massively improve the choice and combos for pets . Perhaps even buff the condition and healing stats traits for pets from 350 to say 500 or 600

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

Mmmm.

Except Bears, i think Bears may have just climbed a lot higher on the ladder of DPS, because a 27% nerf to my canines damage means he should be hitting for ~100 more damage than my bear…. and bears attack faster….

Maybe this is some conspiracy ending in us all looking like complete noobs with bears and longbows?

Attachments:

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

they need to make the family traits not be family anymore . That would massively improve the choice and combos for pets . Perhaps even buff the condition and healing stats traits for pets from 350 to say 500 or 600

That’s a good idea or maybe keep their main attack the same but all cooldown attacks aswell as F2s being individual.

And also although I know this will never happen but I would just love if there was individual rare pets you could tame that had entirely individual stats and skills, you shouldn’t be able to just use a silly interact key to tame the kitten though it should be something that’s hard to do like bring him to 1% health before it’s possible and have them be champions or similar, idk something more fun and challenging in obtaining pets please.

in Ranger

Posted by: jubskie.3152

jubskie.3152

Maybe this is some conspiracy ending in us all looking like complete noobs with bears and longbows?

Or the another way to look at it, is that ANet wants to make longbow + bear THE pro build for rangers :P

Actually, it does look viable with Protect Me being turned into a stun breaker. Bears are definitely the best pet to use that shout with. It could replace SoS and SotBM won’t be as needed anymore.

Ooooh~ so much theory crafting to be done~

EDIT: changed a word

Extraordinary Gentlemen [EXG] Desolation
Doing It With Style
www.exg-guild.com

in Ranger

Manekk.6981

Or the another way to look at it, is that ANet wants to make longbow + bear THE best build for rangers :P

Actually, it does look viable with Protect Me being turned into a stun breaker. Bears are definitely the best pet to use that shout with. It could replace SoS and SotBM won’t be as needed anymore.

Ooooh~ so much theory crafting to be done~

You’re bloody right, I think anet is trolling the kitten outta us!