Stress Test result: Soulbeast in PoF map

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

First, I’d like to say that power build of Maul burst still work, and with Worldly Impact and Maul, Soulbeast power build is quite nice.

Basically it’s best to go into Soulbeast form JUST to use Sick em -> Worldly Impact -> Maul for good burst damage then swap out and do your rotation.
Camping in soulbeast mode may not be the wisest idea, and it’s best to go back to your regular form and let pet do your thing after Sick em expires.

Condition dagger Soulbeast, however, is quite terrible.
Dagger is such a terrible weapon through and through.
The 4 hit combo got to be the slowest combo of any dagger auto.
All the other dagger has the double attack on their last 2 chain, while Soulbeast’s dagger auto take it’s time to do the slow 4 hit, making the condition application of this weapon terrible compare to any other condition weapon out there.

Dagger 2 is also very slow and terrible with no utility whatsoever.

Dagger 3 is extremely slow leap with extremely low duration of quickness and long cd.

This weapon has no defensive or utility aspect as a melee weapon, making it very hard to use against tougher enemies in melee range, especially when you go into beast mode which you lose your meat shield. This weapon has no damage, no cc , no mobility, no evade, no gap closer, no nothing.

This is such a terrible weapon. Seriously, who designed this?

Overall condition Soulbeast is a huge downgrade of a condition ranger.
Dagger is a much MUCH worse weapon than axe and does not worth using it whatsoever with no redeeming factor.

Doyak bug is still not fixed, and most stance are terrible at best.

Even the most anticipated stance: Bear Stance, is not as good as I thought because the initial healing amount got reduced by poison before the heal. The duration is too short for the cleanse aspect to really shine and the healing amount is so low for a 25 cd healing skill, with no addition boons to help you out. I say traited healing spring is a much better heal than Bear stance in pve.

Mao stance is fine when pair with Worldly impact.

Other stances does not worth bringing whatsoever.

Traits are the same as beta, mediocre at best, so no need to mention about it.

We’re not allowed to use new pets in beta so can’t test about this part.

Overall the power build has pretty good synergy with Soulbeast, while condition aspect of Soulbeast is very crappy.

Dagger need a complete redesign, maybe making the dagger 2 condition damage go into dagger 1 and make dagger 1 auto-chain faster.
Dagger 2 need to be a utility skill, like cc or gap closer or evade.
Dagger 3 need to apply quickness before it lands and increase the animation, as well as reduce the cd.

Bear Stance need to cleanse initial condition before the initial heal pulses, as well as reduce the cd. (Or add a trait to reduce stance cd)

Most of the stance need a redesign too because they’re such underwhelming utility with long cd.

Also none of the weapon skills and utility benefits pet whatsoever.

This makes me think that the whole class is rushed and incomplete at best.
It’s the same of what happened to Druid back then all over-again, the mechanic of Druid is rushed, and they have to redesign Celestial form and energy regen like 10 times to get it right. (They changed the mechanic like 10 times)
Same goes to Soulbeast.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Indeed. Power specs with Soulbeast is working out pretty well.

Think the one thing testing it again that bothers me is the effects of stances (unique buff portion) does not also apply to the pet by default.

Sure, Griffon Stance’s effect would be completely wasted on a pet since it doesn’t dodge, but Bear’s condition removal, One Wolf Pack’s second strike, and Dolyak’s immunity to movement-impending conditions would be nice aid to our pet if it’s out.

At least then we wouldn’t have to slot Leader of the Pack just to share (half of) it with the Pet – assuming allied target cap isn’t reach.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…Think the one thing testing it again that bothers me is the effects of stances (unique buff portion) does not also apply to the pet by default.

Sure, Griffon Stance’s effect would be completely wasted on a pet since it doesn’t dodge, but Bear’s condition removal, One Wolf Pack’s second strike, and Dolyak’s immunity to movement-impending conditions would be nice aid to our pet if it’s out.

At least then we wouldn’t have to slot Leader of the Pack just to share (half of) it with the Pet – assuming allied target cap isn’t reach.

How ridiculous is it that 5 years on they are still making skills for the pet class that do not affect the pet by default? Uuuugh.

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

…Think the one thing testing it again that bothers me is the effects of stances (unique buff portion) does not also apply to the pet by default.

How ridiculous is it that 5 years on they are still making skills for the pet class that do not affect the pet by default? Uuuugh.

Maybe they’re assuming rangers will camp in beastform 24/7 after the patch so there’s no need to design addition effect for pet? (But if that’s the case, why is the bonus of entering Beastmode so small?)

Heck, the terrible dagger doesn’t even has any skills that helps the pet, unlike sword or axe or any other weapons.

This class is such a rushed and incomplete class through and through.

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

im not sure what the point of this thread is, other than to whine some more. i certainly didnt expect them to put out a new build for the stress test. likely they will discuss any changes and our feedback during the e-spec livestream.

tldr: stop whining, and be patient.

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

im not sure what the point of this thread is, other than to whine some more. i certainly didnt expect them to put out a new build for the stress test. likely they will discuss any changes and our feedback during the e-spec livestream.

My post is 100 times more constructive than this whine post about other people expressing their experience and opinion.

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

My post is 100 times more constructive than this whine post about other people expressing their experience and opinion.

I’m not saying it’s nonconstructive (to you). forums are mostly for opinions anyways. I’m just wondering why you would expect a new build for the stress test. given that most people probably did not expect a new build, I interpreted your repetition of the same feedback from before as a whine.

in Ranger

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Soulbeast is completely subpar. Both daggers are awful and slot skills leave a lot to be desired… A lot of work went into the merged pet skills, but that’s is. 3/10 elite spec and nothing is going to change, so just enjoy it for RP purposes.

This xpac is going to shelve 5 rangers on my account, unless I get really bored and run Druid roamer. Sad that my original main Ranger has everything unlocked…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

(edited by Swagger.1459)

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

But we did have the e-spec livestream already, did you miss it?

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: Skuzz.6580

Skuzz.6580

There really is no reason to supply feedback from a stress test about a Class/Spec, a stress test is about testing server performance, nothing else.

It was very highly unlikely that they would have another build active, so obviously the same things that were the case 2 weeks ago are still the same for this test, and thus, no need to ‘complain’ about.

But my opinion, I think Soulbeast is awesome, yes it could need a few tweaks here and there, but overall I am just glad I can play something else than druid or core ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

im fine with soulbeast beeing power , since we alredy have condi as top tier of the class, and espec its about another play style

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

im fine with soulbeast beeing power , since we alredy have condi as top tier of the class, and espec its about another play style

Top tier in another parallel universe?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6tumlb/qt_updated_benchmarks_and_builds_for_all_classes/

It’s worse than every classes’ top dps build, just barely above condition mesmer, and it only works against stationary foes at point blank range while flanking, and need to count in pet as well. (Around 3k dps from a fully buffed pet, so our actual dps is even worse than condition mesmer)

Ranger is now officially the worst dps class in the whole game because our traits are weak and spreading all over the place. (You need to grab 3 lines just to get the condition traits within ranger)

Soulbeast condition will be even worse than core ranger that’s for sure.
All it gets is a 10% modifier that will never work on any boss.

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

There really is no reason to supply feedback from a stress test about a Class/Spec, a stress test is about testing server performance, nothing else.

It was very highly unlikely that they would have another build active, so obviously the same things that were the case 2 weeks ago are still the same for this test, and thus, no need to ‘complain’ about.

But my opinion, I think Soulbeast is awesome, yes it could need a few tweaks here and there, but overall I am just glad I can play something else than druid or core ranger.

Holosmith F5 #3 and #5 are already heavily nerfed, so they did change something.
Now those skills are doing around 3k damage instead of 12~15k back in beta.

Also the point of this post is actually testing the build in the real Path of Fire map.
We can only did that in pvp and wvw back then.

Also, by providing feedbacks, Anet were able to fix alot of skills’ bug on OTHER specialization back in beta, but apparently ranger did not get any attention.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Ranger

Posted by: BadSanta.6527

BadSanta.6527

Top tier in another parallel universe?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/6tumlb/qt_updated_benchmarks_and_builds_for_all_classes/

It’s worse than every classes’ top dps build, just barely above condition mesmer, and it only works against stationary foes at point blank range while flanking, and need to count in pet as well. (Around 3k dps from a fully buffed pet, so our actual dps is even worse than condition mesmer)

Ranger is now officially the worst dps class in the whole game because our traits are weak and spreading all over the place. (You need to grab 3 lines just to get the condition traits within ranger)

Soulbeast condition will be even worse than core ranger that’s for sure.
All it gets is a 10% modifier that will never work on any boss.

i mean ranger condi is at good place not the best but with druid its good if soul beast ill be about power im ok with that

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…All it gets is a 10% modifier that will never work on any boss.

How do you figure this?

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

How do you figure this?

Probably because most bosses worth mentioning have millions of health, so by the time this trait kicks in, the boss is dead anyway.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

in Ranger

Skuzz.6580

How do you figure this?

Probably because most bosses worth mentioning have millions of health, so by the time this trait kicks in, the boss is dead anyway.

You are aware that this is based on % of health right?, not actual amount..
If you are 100% hp and the boss is 99% you get the 10% dmg boost.

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

How do you figure this?

You are aware that this is based on % of health right, not actual amount..

No I wasn’t, so thanks for clearing that up! It’s not very clear in the wiki, but it makes sense what you say.

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

How do you figure this?

You are aware that this is based on % of health right?, not actual amount..

After doing some research, this info could indeed be correct.

I apologize for the confusion, but this is mainly Anet’s fault for horrible tooltip not explaining the trait well enough.

It never state percentage within any of the tool tip.

Still, all this trait does is increase the condition duration instead of the damage.
Could still be useful though because after the food nerf condition ranger is losing a huge chunk of dps because we can’t hit 100% duration with just food.

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

…this is mainly Anet’s fault for horrible tooltip not explaining the trait well enough.

Still, all this trait does is increase the condition duration instead of the damage.

Perhaps it increases both regular direct damage and condi damage? Speaking of bad tooltips, it only states “damage” in general terms. Condition damage is also damage, right? Would be worthy of GM status if it increased both AND condi duration.

in Ranger

Skuzz.6580

Please read or research things before assuming guys..
The trait in question simply does the following:
When your hp% is higher than your enemy your conditions on them last 10% longer and ALL damage you deal to them is increased by 10%.

I agree, they did a horrible job at tooltips.

in Ranger

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

I agree with you OP. I tried Dagger MH with Viper and full Berserker with Ferocity pumped, both are very bad. They didn’t change anything about Dagger. I also didn’t expect them to change anything for any classes, but some classes had changes. I think Deadeye was one of them too.

Dolyak was still bugged. I mean, most of the Stances are very boring. What differentiate them from Shouts ? They could be called Shouts and it would fits. People are getting excited for the shared half stability with Dolyak, but it’s all it takes to make people excited !?

We know very well Sic Em is going to get a nerf bat. If you look at the traits in Beastmastery, they give half of what they do. I wouldn’t be surprised if Sic Em gets nerfed at least to 20%.

IMO, SBeast is still clunky and they need to revisit a lot of things to make it fluid.

(edited by Krispera.5087)

in Ranger

OGDeadHead.8326

Please read or research things before assuming guys

I turn to the wiki primarily for information, and this forum and sometime reddit. Not easy to find info on this particular trait that clearly states that the way I thought it worked was wrong, right?

When your hp% is higher than your enemy your conditions on them last 10% longer and ALL damage you deal to them is increased by 10%.

That sounds really good that the trait also includes condi damage done!

Also, since OS apparently also includes condi damage, I have to ask if this also applies to Steady Focus? Maybe it’s just me, but for some reason I’ve always assumed when traits like these says “damage” plain and simple, I’ve always thought they only meant direct damage.

Attachments:

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Please read or research things before assuming guys

I turn to the wiki primarily for information, and this forum and sometime reddit. Not easy to find info on this particular trait that clearly states that the way I thought it worked was wrong, right?

That sounds really good that the trait also includes condi damage done!

Also, since OS apparently also includes condi damage, I have to ask if this also applies to Steady Focus? Maybe it’s just me, but for some reason I’ve always assumed when traits like these says “damage” plain and simple, I’ve always thought they only meant direct damage.

The vast majority of things specify if they increase condition damage specifically.

…Still, all this trait does is increase the condition duration instead of the damage. Could still be useful though because after the food nerf condition ranger is losing a huge chunk of dps because we can’t hit 100% duration with just food.

Now we will be able to hit 100% condi duration with this trait.

in Ranger

Posted by: Warlyx.6732

Warlyx.6732

yeah im dissapointed with dagger MH (and OH ) i have been wondering whats the point of adding dagger MH at all , it brings nothing to the table.

I tho , dagger MH will work in tandem with dagger offhand for awesome condition or power build , and is going to be the “soulbeast” weapon (kinda like shield is for chrono or horn for tempest) , but right now Dagger is lackluster and the whole Soulbeast specs needs tweaks in traits and utility spells.

After druid (and core ) we deserve better , make Rangers great Aga….errr for ONCE!

in Ranger

mistsim.2748

yeah im dissapointed with dagger MH (and OH ) i have been wondering whats the point of adding dagger MH at all , it brings nothing to the table.

don’t be silly. it’s the only weapon we have that applies condis in a cleave. perhaps some numbers need buffing, but the idea behind the weapon is great.

to your second point: Druid was (and still is) one of the top pvp specs in the game.