Support Ranger Build.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rymer.4017

Rymer.4017

So I put together a neat little support ranger and in the video below I show you how it works and why I made it this way. Hope you enjoy and have fun.

https://youtu.be/gDMuGuJZHYM

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

This is much appreciated. I’ve been wanting to experiment with other builds, and this is a cool one, and gives me ideas…

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Rymer.4017

This is much appreciated. I’ve been wanting to experiment with other builds, and this is a cool one, and gives me ideas…

I do not follow the meta I just play and thought I would share some of it here there is alot more builds in coming from me so keep an eye out.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Your build is not very efficient tbh. Shaman gear for PvE with Axe/WH? That is really not a good choice. Sorry to say. Why you take S&R for PvE is beyond me, especially when you are already using Allies Aid. You have Resounding Timbre and S&R is the only shout you have…

You could be doing support as well as dealing 5x more damage.

Please take a look at the build thread in my sig, there are a lot of builds from many people there.

(edited by Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582)

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Rymer.4017

Your build is not very efficient tbh. Shaman gear for PvE with Axe/WH? That is really not a good choice. Sorry to say. Why you take S&R for PvE is beyond me, especially when you are taking NM and could use Allies Aid.

You could be doing support as well as dealing 5x more damage.

Please take a look at the build thread in my sig, there are a lot of builds from many people there.

I thank you for your input.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Also, if you post a build to the forum or on youtube for that matter, include a link to the build in an editor such as http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/

Edit:
You talk about synergy in your video several times, but in all honesty, there is not much synergy at all. You have few condition damaging skills, but condition damage as a secondary stat, SB is not really counted in this instance as you will rarely meet the flanking requirement for its bleeds, it still does decent hybrid damage though, but that requires more power. Vitality is generally not required for PvE and it is your main stat. You do not need a ton of healing power to still heal reasonably well. Melandru Runes are a great choice for PvP/WvW, but not in PvE.

Support in GW2 is not as much healing as it is buffing the party to do more damage, you yourself should also be doing good damage or you are not really supporting the party, they are supporting you. Look at buffing in ways other than healing and change your gear to a mixture of Clerics and Zerker, you will do so much more damage and still have decent healing power to boost your Perma party regen. I had a play with your build and made it into something that is a lot more supportive and deal miles more damage. You spam the heal/shouts to buff allies instead of the warhorn (but that is still there) I just made other adjustments so you have perma regen, swiftness, fury (with more applications for Remorseless) and lots of might to buff your pet to do tons more damage. I included a Moa pet because they do the extra heal. If you like to heal, that is fine, but work some more damage into the build and offensive buffs for your party.
Here is the one I made.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Rymer.4017

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

You can do a lot better with your build mate. Take a look at the one I linked it would do the same healing with also at least 2-3x the damage.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

But for support build, can’t we use shout ranger with trooper? apply regen 130 hp per tick and swiftness for 10 seconds by each shout to up 5 allies around you. Plus cleanse one condition.
I find better support than that difficult to imagine.
Also you have a lot of room to became a power or condi, ranged or melee ranger.

Any other builds i’ve tested are just disappointing.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Wow, i really hate seeing builds that are all over the place.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Rymer.4017

Also, if you post a build to the forum or on youtube for that matter, include a link to the build in an editor such as http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/

Edit:
You talk about synergy in your video several times, but in all honesty, there is not much synergy at all. You have few condition damaging skills, but condition damage as a secondary stat, SB is not really counted in this instance as you will rarely meet the flanking requirement for its bleeds, it still does decent hybrid damage though, but that requires more power. Vitality is generally not required for PvE and it is your main stat. You do not need a ton of healing power to still heal reasonably well. Melandru Runes are a great choice for PvP/WvW, but not in PvE.

Support in GW2 is not as much healing as it is buffing the party to do more damage, you yourself should also be doing good damage or you are not really supporting the party, they are supporting you. Look at buffing in ways other than healing and change your gear to a mixture of Clerics and Zerker, you will do so much more damage and still have decent healing power to boost your Perma party regen. I had a play with your build and made it into something that is a lot more supportive and deal miles more damage. You spam the heal/shouts to buff allies instead of the warhorn (but that is still there) I just made other adjustments so you have perma regen, swiftness, fury (with more applications for Remorseless) and lots of might to buff your pet to do tons more damage. I included a Moa pet because they do the extra heal. If you like to heal, that is fine, but work some more damage into the build and offensive buffs for your party.
Here is the one I made.

Hey thanks that is a really great build I will admit that but was looking at a use for the other gear cause I know alot of player who do not run full power builds all the time.

Thats what I was trying to do was show it is possible to play that way using other sets that do not get used as often. I am a 3 yr vet I know this game very well I was just showing how you can build a decent support build even in other gear but as you stated the game can be easy for most who have played it and understand the games about damage or is made to be that way by players. Not saying its a bad thing but there are uses with other gear and it does work anywhere in game even PvE.

See PvE is easy and can be run naked even dungeons can be run with out gear well except weapons if you trait it right gear only reflects your characters effectiveness with most skills. Toughness and Vitality are the only stats that do not reflect your skills effectiveness but reflect survivability. Thats why it is so easy is nothing in game PvE wise works against thou’s to stats except condi’s even pure damage builds tare through armor and health thats why we have an active system in place is to negate the damage we take and now with the condi’s becoming more powerful we need more condi cleanse then before in places like Silverwastes and Drytop. Most other areas you do not need it as much.

See I do know the game well I make my own builds to work with the systems in place in fact more then I need to or any of us need to. It just makes things flow faster is all the amount of power, perc we put to our groups is really over kill and the dev’s have know this for a while and I am pretty sure that is why we have not seen a major change to the system as of yet. Is because it is working as intended but they have started to work to fix it buy doing some major AI work and from what I have seen of it we might be in for some interesting game play and yes you could see this for your self its on the web its gonna be really cool to see it in game when HoT comes out. Not saying it will change the build system but might require more survival type stats and maybe more healing to negate damage is all.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Mate, I have to disagree with you.

Nobody is replying to this thread simply because that build is so terrible. I’m not trying to offend you or anything, just inform you.

Let’s recap;
The build uses Earth/Agony sigils and you have 4% crit chance. In your video, you only hit 7 (?) bleed stacks on that Moa, when you really could have killed it near instantly, even with a support build. For a condition build, you could hit 20+ bleeds easily.
The build uses Wilderness Knowledge and you only have one survival skill.
The build has base power and only 700 odd condition damage, that is near as little damage as possible.
The build uses S&R in PvE which is near pointless and you also have Allies Aid traited, meaning the skill on your bar is redundant. You also have Resounding Timbre traited to give 10s regen and swiftness on one skill and shorten the CD of one skill, which is still 68s.
Beastly Warden is not a PvE skill, generally, Zephyr’s Speed is tons better, even Honed Axes for condi builds is better. You are using an Arctodus in the build editor, one of the worst picks for Beastly Warden because the F2 CD is so close to the BW CD, but shorter.
Spirit of Nature does not stack with Healing Power, you do not need 800.
You are using Melandru runes for PvE.

Basically, your build has no synergy or effectiveness. You could only make it worse if you used Magi stats.

I’m sorry to be the harbinger of bad news mate, but you really need to open your eyes and take a hard look at the build.

Shaman gear is really not a PvE gear set, it could be useful for min/maxing your WvW condi roaming set, but other than that, it’s just bad. You would be better off in full clerics (Zho’s armor, less than 1g per piece) so you would have 900 more power and700 more healing power, if you really want to heal, you should at least take healing as the primary stat.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Nobody is replying to this thread simply because that build is so terrible. I’m not trying to offend you or anything, just inform you.

Let’s recap;
The build uses Earth/Agony sigils and you have 4% crit chance. In your video, you only hit 7 (?) bleed stacks on that Moa, when you really could have killed it near instantly, even with a support build. For a condition build, you could hit 20+ bleeds easily.
The build has base power and only 700 odd condition damage, that is near as little damage as possible.
The build uses S&R in PvE which is near pointless and you also have Allies Aid traited, meaning the skill on your bar is redundant. You also have Resounding Timbre traited to give 10s regen and swiftness on one skill and shorten the CD of one skill, which is still 68s.
Beastly Warden is not a PvE skill, generally, Zephyr’s Speed is tons better, even Honed Axes for condi builds is better. You are using an Arctodus in the build editor, one of the worst picks for Beastly Warden because the F2 CD is so close to the BW CD, but shorter.

Basically, your build has no synergy or effectiveness. You could only make it worse if you used Magi stats.

I’m sorry to be the harbinger of bad news mate, but you really need to open your eyes and take a hard look at the build.

i’d quote his video he said his gear is not set up optimaly but the build itself has a focus and role.

if his gear was set up correctly it would be a different story.
the reason for nature spirit is mostly for the revive , reviving Zerkers from downstate just because it does not make use of healing power does not mean its a pointless skill to take its PvE so dont get so worked up over that.

it may need gear tweeks maybe a overview little changes of sigils ect to match the synergy but he did say it was not set up correctly .

i did not comment because the role of the build is soild , the pet deals enough damage with the correct gear the ranger will so deal a good amount of damage, now imagin that build with a mix of Zealots and Dire or Cele gear.

though then the build will have to use Sigils of strenght and Sigils of Geomancy or sigil fire to go with Axe AA rather than Earth. or even Sigil of earth + sigil of fire for more AA aoe. then use Sword + warhorn to stack might with the Multi hits from warhorn 4 + sigil of battle , through the lingering magic sigil of battle might lasts 24secs (2 stacks).

to the op i suggest you tweek to my advise and your build will be amazing.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I edited this post a couple of times.

…the reason for nature spirit is mostly for the revive , reviving Zerkers from downstate just because it does not make use of healing power does not mean its a pointless skill to take its PvE so dont get so worked up over that…

I didn’t. I merely stated that you do not need so much healing power because the spirit does not scale with it. Why bring the spirit for rez when you already have Search and Rescue AND Allies Aid?

…to the op i suggest you tweek to my advise and your build will be amazing.

I already suggested that, he wants to use Shaman gear like he stated, which means this build will always be terrible. There is no stat combination for PvE that is suitable for conditions and healing. Apothecary would be the best and it is not optimal for PvE either.

If I absolutely had to go condi healer support, I would run something like this.

You can hit over 1200 condition damage and 1500 healing power with tons of boon support though spirits, WH, Pets and spamming your heal skill for might/fury/swiftness/regen on the party. Permanent 8 might on yourself not including Axe AA or Altruism proc, but you are more likely to have at least 15 stacks if there are multiple mobs to attack, so your condi damage is more like 1600-1700. 5-10 stacks of might for the party plus perma Regen (350hp/s), Swiftness, Fury, Vigor and Protection. 25% (total) uptime on Stability, 50% uptime when you use Nature Spirit. Sun spirit procs for more burns etc. About the best it can be imo, which is actually pretty decent if you found a place it would be useful.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Posted by: runeblade.7514

runeblade.7514

Let’s recap;

Shaman gear is really not a PvE gear set, it could be useful for min/maxing your WvW condi roaming set, but other than that, it’s just bad. You would be better off in full clerics (Zho’s armor, less than 1g per piece) so you would have 900 more power and700 more healing power, if you really want to heal, you should at least take healing as the primary stat.

I would give him a break, this is a PvE world exploration build, any build is viable. Even if I use longbow with condi traits, I can still do PvE content.

If I really want to pester him, I would tell him to go full zerkers but keep the worthless traits.

5x Warrior, 5x Ranger, 4x Elementalist, 4x Engineer,
4x Necromancer, 3x Mesmer, 4x Guardian, 4x Thief, 4 Revenant

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

I would give him a break, this is a PvE world exploration build, any build is viable. Even if I use longbow with condi traits, I can still do PvE content.

If I really want to pester him, I would tell him to go full zerkers but keep the worthless traits.

I’m not having a go at the guy, I’m actually trying to help. I can be blunt, but I think it is necessary for his own good.

Just because PvE is doable with a sub standard build, doesn’t make it acceptable or viable. If you want to make a build to do something in particular, it should do it as well as possible.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

Nice, but I think there is too much emphasis on reviving. Allies’ Aid is excellent and definitely a must-have. However, I think Search & Rescue is a waste. I used to run it when fractals were new, but back then it could also revive dead players, not only downed ones. Its cooldown is far too long. Spirit of Nature is better to keep.

You should also get more out of Resounding Timbre. It’s a really good trait for team support, but you have to run more shouts with it. You could easily replace Signet of the Hunt with Guard and get permanent swiftness and regeneration for your whole party.

I’m not too convinced about Sharpened Edges, but then again, most of our utilities are kinda bad.

As for pets, might I suggest Fern Hound? That’s more team healing and goes well with Invigorating Bond. Arctodus is bad for taunt since its cooldown is 12 seconds, but taunt is 15s, so it won’t taunt every time. Fern Hound will be more reliable in this as well. For 2nd pet you could get Blue Moa for AoE protection and more healing (Moas come with a built-in AoE heal).

Your traits are all good, but I believe Natural Healing is bugged and heals only every 3s. (edit: patch notes say it was fixed)

(edited by Holland.9351)

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Rymer.4017

Nice, but I think there is too much emphasis on reviving. Allies’ Aid is excellent and definitely a must-have. However, I think Search & Rescue is a waste. I used to run it when fractals were new, but back then it could also revive dead players, not only downed ones. Its cooldown is far too long. Spirit of Nature is better to keep.

You should also get more out of Resounding Timbre. It’s a really good trait for team support, but you have to run more shouts with it. You could easily replace Signet of the Hunt with Guard and get permanent swiftness and regeneration for your whole party.

I’m not too convinced about Sharpened Edges, but then again, most of our utilities are kinda bad.

As for pets, might I suggest Fern Hound? That’s more team healing and goes well with Invigorating Bond. Arctodus is bad for taunt since its cooldown is 12 seconds, but taunt is 15s, so it won’t taunt every time. Fern Hound will be more reliable in this as well. For 2nd pet you could get Blue Moa for AoE protection and more healing (Moas come with a built-in AoE heal).

Your traits are all good, but I believe Natural Healing is bugged and heals only every 3s. (edit: patch notes say it was fixed)

Thanks for the input I have been looking at everyones input and been tweeking the build to offer a little more options to boons and protections I just got the blue moa for what you said and can see where that would help thanks.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

i do find that if he does use Nature spirit in world boss fights and more than one person goes down the spirit will help a lot more than one Allies aid.

if you time or chain the reses it will revive 5+1+1 in a row as to why you could use Search and rescue on the skill bar but ya do use Resounding timbre.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

If the focus is world bosses you absolutely need to have Frost Spirit and Sun Spirit in the build, if you already have Nature Spirit, well, you may as well have Stone Spirit too to provide a lot of Protection with your damage. Then it makes a lot of sense to take Nature’s Vengeance, which is miles better than Invigorating Bond.

This is as good as it will get.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Rymer.4017

If the focus is world bosses you absolutely need to have Frost Spirit and Sun Spirit in the build, if you already have Nature Spirit, well, you may as well have Stone Spirit too to provide a lot of Protection with your damage. Then it makes a lot of sense to take Nature’s Vengeance, which is miles better than Invigorating Bond.

This is as good as it will get.

Hey thanks its not to bad but I have found a more viable build here is two for like champs and minor world event support the second is what you switch to for major world events things like world boss events, Orr and Silverwastes.

Ok just so you know I took alot of advice from you and the one who talked about adding the blue moa. But this build is more of a feild medic build with aid to people in downed state or dead thats why you need the high health and just a little toughness. The trait for protection to a certain threshhold helps for the most part after that the regins is what you use to stay alive while bringing people up and stuff then if know one is down you can use your regins as a damage sponge to help keep others in the fight it works really well but if I could get a few more heals this could be good as dungeon medic to. I have tested it now at most world boss event like Teq and Jormag and others and have just started testing it in Orr events and such. Also tested in Silverwastes and Drytop in boss events and regular events and its good there but needs more condi removal and would be great.

With the high perc you can deal an ok amount of damage and then you have a high healing power as well which works out great with regins and tick heals. All the other stuff in the build is mainly for a extra heal from water rune and then added healing from life rune but might try the one that increases healing effectiveness by .5% with 25 stack its 12.5% extra healing effectiveness which might be better.

Minor event Build : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNMQNBHhN6kQFoiFsgFwVQgrFMwJU9w23Bw/Cjai7Dehf4Zc1DymA-TBCBwAXeSBRV+JU9nh7PYRJIAzfJOlCz03QKA/mZB-e

Major Event Build : http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNMQNBHhN6kSFoiFshFwXQgoFMwJU9w23Bw/Cjai7DehHBZc1DymA-TBCBwAXeSBRV+JU9nh7PYRJIAzfJOlCz03QKA/mZB-e

(edited by Rymer.4017)

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Magi gear? Seriously? Starting to think this is a troll post.

There is seriously no point in running those stats at all. You will do no damage yourself so you are contributing very little to the effort. You can still do the same healing and support with reasonable damage.

Fernhound is no good for that build either, it’s regen with only 450 healing power will overwrite your own regen with 1300+ and you already have perma regen without it.

You don’t need Windborne Notes if you are using Resounding Timbre and “WHaO!” it is just overkill.

Wilderness Knowledge with 1 survival skill? The second build, you have Wilderness Knowledge traited and no survival skills…

The second build is also using Nature’s Vengeance and only Nature Spirit.

Beastly Warden doesn’t affect anything Champ and above because of Determination etc.

If you have lots of healing power, Sigil of Life is much less effective than Sigil of Benevolence.

If you want to do healing for World boss events and the such, just run Clerics, you will actually do damage then. Also, Frost Spirit and Sun Spirit are mandatory for events like this. Having those buffs on 5 people at a time deals a lot more damage, making the event faster etc.

Look at this build, you can get your benevolence stacks beforehand and have Monk runes and the riceballs for 132.5% outgoing healing, meaning your regen will be healing for 430 health per second, your water sigil procs will heal melee for 800 every 5s, you will still have 2000 power to deal good damage and be able to buff the hell out of everyone else to do more damage. Link here.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Rymer.4017

Sorry if you saw my other post but I edited it this build does not require damage as its source its meant to support those around you through bringing them out of downed state and also buy give those around you some healing allowing them to stay in the fight longer.

So thank you Heimskarl Ashfiend, Holland, and Zenos Osgorma for your opinions and help I did look and read through it carefully but was not looking to do alot of damage playing support does that to you. Now for running knights yes I tried it and it works well but I will die trying to get to others in hard to reach spots. Getting to them requires more health so you can take alot more damage and healing done right takes that damage and sponges it with out the use of condi cleanse. Stability helps to keep fear and knock downs off you from Jormag and Tequatil really well so you do not become effected that way, I was using Merlendue runes to begin with was so the effects did not last as long. I found out though threw listening to people who know the class better that running other things makes the build more effective and I did take alot of what they said into effect. But still made something that supports with out the need for great damage because there is enough of that going on already my minor help with damage ether way by adding more damage would be over ridden by all the other effects other are doing like might stacks, reflects, protection, dodging, retaliation and so on that my help is better suited to help those in a down state and in aiding the rest with minor heals and such it works out really well this way.

So thank you all again for your help in understanding a class I only followed the damage side to before.

(edited by Rymer.4017)

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Ok, is this for World boss/event support?

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Posted by: Tragic Positive.9356

Tragic Positive.9356

If you really want to feel supportive, run Healing Spring (use it very rarely) and Frost Spotter. Take Beast Mastery and go for the Blind/Weakness/Taunt build.
Ranger has nothing else to bring (that is more valuable than dealing damage).

If your target dies – your ally will rally – you both saved time and everyone feels happy.
With all due respect – no one absolutely cares about being healed for 200HP per second. And no one cares about being ressed faster. If the person is ressed, he couldn’t care less about being it 4 or 8 seconds.

The current build IS horrible. For any environment. If you want to feel helpful, prevent the hit for 4K with blindness and reduce it with weakness/protection. Trying to heal it up with the pitiful amount of regen or whatever is shameful.

The real support comes from saving time. Which means Might (25 stacks goes for roughly 50% time saved from fights), Fury (20% time from fights), Swiftness (33% from ooc), Frost Spotter (15% from fights), Banners (Roughly … 30%?),
Aegis, Protection / Blind, Weakness for less time requires for casting evades and heals (exceptional revives)

Your build kills and hinders like 60% of your personal DPS (form of support) to support people at moments that you are trying to avoid at all times. The concept is horrible.

“Observe, learn and counter.”

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

If you really want to feel supportive, run Healing Spring (use it very rarely) and Frost Spotter. Take Beast Mastery and go for the Blind/Weakness/Taunt build.
Ranger has nothing else to bring (that is more valuable than dealing damage).

If your target dies – your ally will rally – you both saved time and everyone feels happy.
With all due respect – no one absolutely cares about being healed for 200HP per second. And no one cares about being ressed faster. If the person is ressed, he couldn’t care less about being it 4 or 8 seconds.

The current build IS horrible. For any environment. If you want to feel helpful, prevent the hit for 4K with blindness and reduce it with weakness/protection. Trying to heal it up with the pitiful amount of regen or whatever is shameful.

The real support comes from saving time. Which means Might (25 stacks goes for roughly 50% time saved from fights), Fury (20% time from fights), Swiftness (33% from ooc), Frost Spotter (15% from fights), Banners (Roughly … 30%?),
Aegis, Protection / Blind, Weakness for less time requires for casting evades and heals (exceptional revives)

Your build kills and hinders like 60% of your personal DPS (form of support) to support people at moments that you are trying to avoid at all times. The concept is horrible.

tragic , your concept of support is Basicly Kill things Fast that will not Work in Heart of thorns, things around going to be tougher like husk machanics and things will heal faster too in creature rotations , do you remember Aloe seeds in Guild wars 1 they are like the Menders if more than one are alive they will regen forver though those Aloe seeds are the toughness Bark/husk version of Menders they lived in the Jungle 600-1000years before gw2 lore was released i Except to see the same creatures , where this Kill fast Support will not be any good by the time you have killed the target the downed player will be dead from poison clouds/Burning fields or Lots of Grasping roots .

your current Ideal of support is old and out dated which is still Viable at current but will vastly get more difficult as future content gets Released , for example the Marrionette you went down in such a small area , you would have to res No questions it was impossible to do a Slow Res or was Very difficult then if that failed your down to 4 players , then if it happens again your down to 3 players taking even longer to beat the time limit.

in this current New player Friendly PvE its so easy to forgo Res and healing support its silly you can play the Game blind/naked and with only one weapon , so your ideal of support is not everything, nor to the point you’re demeaning comment is POINTLESS>

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

tragic , your concept of support is Basicly Kill things Fast that will not Work in Heart of thorns, things around going to be tougher like husk machanics and things will heal faster too in creature rotations , do you remember Aloe seeds in Guild wars 1 they are like the Menders if more than one are alive they will regen forver though those Aloe seeds are the toughness Bark/husk version of Menders they lived in the Jungle 600-1000years before gw2 lore was released i Except to see the same creatures , where this Kill fast Support will not be any good by the time you have killed the target the downed player will be dead from poison clouds/Burning fields or Lots of Grasping roots .

your current Ideal of support is old and out dated which is still Viable at current but will vastly get more difficult as future content gets Released , for example the Marrionette you went down in such a small area , you would have to res No questions it was impossible to do a Slow Res or was Very difficult then if that failed your down to 4 players , then if it happens again your down to 3 players taking even longer to beat the time limit.

in this current New player Friendly PvE its so easy to forgo Res and healing support its silly you can play the Game blind/naked and with only one weapon , so your ideal of support is not everything, nor to the point you’re demeaning comment is POINTLESS>

Okay, I get your point, but only up to a point.
Regardless of environment or the enemy… You never wanted or will want to tank and heal the damage up. This part has always been done through evades, blocks, and active abilities as such.

If a concept of healing up the damage will appear – it will be dealt with through Nomad tanks and rest of Sinisters/Zerks.
It’s the efficiency we are talking about. Regardless of how much you think about it – healer for PvE does not exist. And never will. Abilities are not made that way because there’s just no way to constantly heal people up. Them and only them can keep them healthy because you have no access to their heals. You can only help out.

And yes – the support of dealing damage is the deal. The longer the enemy lives – the more damage he will deal. If he dies fast – you saved much more HP than you would by healing up. And it does rally. And there is no mechanic to deal with the amount of damage a difficult boss deals through heals and reviving.

Well, of course there is a way to help ressurect people – but if you find people downed – it means they did something wrong (didn’t dodge, dodged early…) – and you would be actually traiting for stages of “wrong” instead of traiting for your goal.
To kill stuff. Because that’s all there is to it.

EDIT: The only way that I can see to be changed is the “value of damage” being degraded. In terms of being lower. You would actually think of getting AoE vigor as Ranger instead of 100 more DPS from sharpened edges or AoE blind and weakness instead of bleeds and might from pets.
Or Protective Ward / AoE heal from Nature Magic.
But there will never ever be a moment where you’d like to let damage go for the sake of “support”. Because a support that also deals 90% of proposed damage will kill any support’s dreams.

(edited by Tragic Positive.9356)

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

Okay, I get your point, but only up to a point.
Regardless of environment or the enemy… You never wanted or will want to tank and heal the damage up. This part has always been done through evades, blocks, and active abilities as such.

If a concept of healing up the damage will appear – it will be dealt with through Nomad tanks and rest of Sinisters/Zerks.
It’s the efficiency we are talking about. Regardless of how much you think about it – healer for PvE does not exist. And never will. Abilities are not made that way because there’s just no way to constantly heal people up. Them and only them can keep them healthy because you have no access to their heals. You can only help out.

And yes – the support of dealing damage is the deal. The longer the enemy lives – the more damage he will deal. If he dies fast – you saved much more HP than you would by healing up. And it does rally. And there is no mechanic to deal with the amount of damage a difficult boss deals through heals and reviving.

Well, of course there is a way to help ressurect people – but if you find people downed – it means they did something wrong (didn’t dodge, dodged early…) – and you would be actually traiting for stages of “wrong” instead of traiting for your goal.
To kill stuff. Because that’s all there is to it.

EDIT: The only way that I can see to be changed is the “value of damage” being degraded. In terms of being lower. You would actually think of getting AoE vigor as Ranger instead of 100 more DPS from sharpened edges or AoE blind and weakness instead of bleeds and might from pets.
Or Protective Ward / AoE heal from Nature Magic.
But there will never ever be a moment where you’d like to let damage go for the sake of “support”. Because a support that also deals 90% of proposed damage will kill any support’s dreams.

will or want it thier choice , there is variating amounts of support , what i class as Base support is what Glass builds or full power builds provide they will only provide enough support for up to 5 targets to a degree that will allow them to Self recover , after your base support is applied it is up to the targets to self support and recover , those base supports everyone claims is enough in powerbuilds will only last a few seconds before the Hp melts.

and thats the reason behind having stronger than base support by giving up power ect ect to better support the power builds , by applying regen heals Beyond the duration of Base support which after that is a Postive gain.

and what you pointed out in your last sentence is what Heart of thorns is bringing New content to Challenge the old system , where power is still needed but the base support might or may not be enough to last the duration of the fight , new machanics will make that base support harder to maintain so you’ll need stronger base support by ether giving up , toughness, crit hits , crit damage or condi damage not necessarily power or going Full Clerics or settlers.

people will need to think of better ways to support than using the Base Values and from that it becomes a choice by the player to choose to or not to, just then it means Power builds with only Base support will have to work harder than ever in the new content.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

@Zenos
I just hope you are right.
Because progress mechanics in game currently are:
~ Damage (burst/sustained)
~ Damage mitigation (Toughness/Protection/Weakness)
~ Damage denial (Aegis/Blind/Immunity)
~ Damage recovery (Heals Passive and Active)

And the thing about fights is: The damage income to you stops at a moment when the enemy dies (when you dealt enough damage). And numerically healing power doesn’t provide enough scaling power or power whatsoever to match the “value” of damage.

The only environments where I can think of being in need of healing power are:
Mai Trin in fractals. (currently, this is the limit)
She can’t be damaged for a long time and you need to survive this phase (and yet you can survive her easily by dodging and standard heals). The only difference is that with healing power you can solo her easier (it takes you a hundred times longer than a well played zerky).

If HoT Brings enemies with huge amounts of health pool and toughness, and suffer from passive or active damage (lose 1% of HP every second passively without your effort), enemies with AoE damage output that cannot be avoided not even with immunity, or can be damaged by other ways than your weapons or abilities (being burned by sun…?) – I could agree on your points.
Sadly, we haven’t been told even a single hint about anything like this, and if something similar isn’t in HoT, well played DPS will save you more life than healing up after mistakes.

These are facts. I just hope that you are right and HoT indeed brings these kind of mechanics that will make you want the healing power.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

@Zenos
I just hope you are right.
Because progress mechanics in game currently are:
~ Damage (burst/sustained)
~ Damage mitigation (Toughness/Protection/Weakness)
~ Damage denial (Aegis/Blind/Immunity)
~ Damage recovery (Heals Passive and Active)

And the thing about fights is: The damage income to you stops at a moment when the enemy dies (when you dealt enough damage). And numerically healing power doesn’t provide enough scaling power or power whatsoever to match the “value” of damage.

The only environments where I can think of being in need of healing power are:
Mai Trin in fractals. (currently, this is the limit)
She can’t be damaged for a long time and you need to survive this phase (and yet you can survive her easily by dodging and standard heals). The only difference is that with healing power you can solo her easier (it takes you a hundred times longer than a well played zerky).

If HoT Brings enemies with huge amounts of health pool and toughness, and suffer from passive or active damage (lose 1% of HP every second passively without your effort), enemies with AoE damage output that cannot be avoided not even with immunity, or can be damaged by other ways than your weapons or abilities (being burned by sun…?) – I could agree on your points.
Sadly, we haven’t been told even a single hint about anything like this, and if something similar isn’t in HoT, well played DPS will save you more life than healing up after mistakes.

These are facts. I just hope that you are right and HoT indeed brings these kind of mechanics that will make you want the healing power.

i do hope but the whole point of the condi system change was to enforce “Health sustain” rather than just using what you mentioned to avoid or prevent damage , or kill things fast enough and of course killing the target will stop the incomming damage but it will not let people survive the encounter, especially if they copy the Silverwastes Fort events and let those creatures Cause slow and confusion which is clearly seen in the trailers , a creature that has a Purple Aura and looks highly simliar to those in Suncove will have more than enough Anti damage attacks to prevent a fast death .
and dont get me started on the dinos during the beta the toughness of these dinos or the overall stats of them were not Balanced but just looking at the machanics of those creatures a fair few of them had Rampage like Abilities , even the first champ i fought had immunities to damage while on his mount , pointing again at needing Health sustain to cover up human mistakes .

the changes comming will not allow 100% damage migration and also remember with quickness becomming more common and blind lasting for only one attack it will only stop one attack during a 0.15secs<> to a 0.25 sec window then slow ontop of that will make blinds stronger or blocks lasting longer right now people have only adapted by increasing the amount of Active defences or increasing the amount of damage they do to burst faster ( TO survive) at some point the scales will tip over into the impossible Odds which can not be recovered by base support.

meaning Support/power would become a role and that role would use Zealots+Valk Mix .

i just hope Anet back this up with Power/healing runes which i find off does not Exsit yet with the boost to condi damage just adding a few Power/heal runes would allow Good to great damage while offering support at the cost of condi / toughness or Vit .

which right now its very Sqeemish to make a Power support without any support runes that Add power , biggest example is the new Instintive reactions a Power/heal rune set would benifit this.

as of current there is no half way apart from Cele .
its damage / cele or Full heal support there is no Power/healer as its not required
things still die too fast.

at least in one sense it gives power users a different method or way of playing Power spec or else what was the point of introducing Zealots gear or even making Cele gear at all, celes a lost child stuck between support and damage without boons its usless.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

They actually have a lot of options to address current damage=win system.

But about the toughness… It’s not that “damage means less”. It’s actually still the same with a new type of damage. Lots of games have Magic/Physical damage system. GW2 does not – and conditions are the second type we are looking for – but were out of question till now and couldn’t be used as a form of DPS (was too low).

If minions that cannot be crit, immune to conditions, applying slow, applying confusion everytime they are struck, heal for 75% of condition damage, etc etc
are created – with every content that requires some of you to the stats for that – we can call diversity.
But I’m not sure, we’ll all have to see.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Rymer.4017

So went and fixed up my build its still has support but it has a really cool setup. Thanks Heimskarl Ashfiend I did some things you said and came up with a really good build and can put out some good dps while using Magi’s gear even in the burn phases and can still offer alot of support control and damage.

New build and video.

Build = http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNMQNAnXTnMqoUhGWMsYFLKWwVQrgw1irFD5B1GAFwp/1R6mBeynENfKvZFkZB-TRCBwAVOCARV+JU9HLPAQJ4iTpAAzfZ3fIwBKYm+GSB43eL-e

Video = https://youtu.be/_l355kLUt5Q

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

runeblade.7514

So went and fixed up my build its still has support but it has a really cool setup. Thanks Heimskarl Ashfiend I did some things you said and came up with a really good build and can put out some good dps while using Magi’s gear even in the burn phases and can still offer alot of support control and damage.

New build and video.

Build = http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNMQNAnXTnMqoUhGWMsYFLKWwVQrgw1irFD5B1GAFwp/1R6mBeynENfKvZFkZB-TRCBwAVOCARV+JU9HLPAQJ4iTpAAzfZ3fIwBKYm+GSB43eL-e

This is just too funny.

I had to take a break when you said “Is that not fast enough for you?” when you demonstrating the slow dps. Then I had to take another break because you said Heimskarl is a genius.

At 11:04, I just stopped watching when you said, “And I made a super effective build.”

If you want a serious suggestion, Lose Magi Gear for Zerker gear. If you are so adamant about maxing worthless healing power, get zealot gear instead. Vitality is worthless because you are always at range. Rune of the Water is worthless because in order to heal, you need to be struck. You’re better of with Rune of the Monk.

(edited by runeblade.7514)

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

New build and video.

This is just too funny.

I had to take a break when you said “Is that not fast enough for you?” when you demonstrating the slow dps. Then I had to take another break because you said Heimskarl is a genius.

At 11:04, I just stopped watching when you said, “And I made a super effective build.”

If you want a serious suggestion, Lose Magi Gear for Zerker gear. If you are so adamant about maxing worthless healing power, get zealot gear instead. Vitality is worthless because you are always at range. Rune of the Water is worthless because in order to heal, you need to be struck. You’re better of with Rune of the Monk.

that is fast enough , his not buffed, he does not have a Zerg situation nor is he using quickness consistantly that video is a Demo on a 1vs creature basis , it is fast enough ps Axe main is a Ranged weapon but you are still close enough to be Pulled by champs or to get hit by Ranged Aoes.

good Suggestion on the Zealots but he already has enough crit hits , which does not effect the pet making the precision and power less Valued in the Rangers eyes , mixing one or two Zealots into his gear or even a full set won;t do much apart from increase Direct damage which is a players play style choice.

Monk might to Equal , not better since 1 extra second of regen is worth more than a 10% boost.

the way he has set up his regen is to Maximise the outgoing per second rather than the total amount by using Sigil of Benevolence rather than the 6th bonus on monks when you have Regen of a 4k over 12secs 10% is only 400hps / 12seconds , the runes he picked are better in the long run.

really need to get out of this Beserker mind set , since everything is now Viable or even Optimal if you Stat craft the most Efficent build for the type of play style you want.

hell even brazil did it and make a Meta condi team for dungeons, you better go check it out.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

A lot of stuff is viable if the whole amount of people goes organized.
Regen is not needed because people get that randomly from 20 other sources and you contributing to this whole chunk of boon is not even noticed.
Swiftness is ignorable because all the meta classes bring it by default.

This kind of support ranger would be effective if people had nothing of what already is there provided by others by default while dealing much more damage or healing for more than you.

Well yes, all that kind of stuff is kind of fine, if everything else is not fine… Which means starting braindead and trying to fix the braindead instead of starting with stuff that is already fine.

What people like the original poster do not understand is that NPC’s are only able to kill you because someone isn’t playing Zerk or someone is playing wrong.
So making a build that still can be played wrong and die that focuses on the phase where someone already screwed up is in my honest personal opinion – wrong.

If I wanted to focus on “support” I’d focus on numbers. Time spent, damage negated, damage recovered…
Regeneration for 240 per second is absolutely ridiculous when you can negate a ranged flurry of 24K damage. So being a support in terms of off-hand axe is welcome. Being a support in terms of regen bot that trades like 3K damage per second (which results in more damage done by the NPC in the end) is wrong.

Negating the damage taken by 30% (toughness), Recovering from the damage taken (Healing Power), and focusing on Condition Damage and Pet stats for still noticeable damage is fine. “Unless you lost enough damage for your Zerk comrades to die because of the more time the enemy is alive and still deals damage”.

Well yes, of course, supporting is viable and welcome. But it’s absurd to claim that your support role is more help than a handbrake when “no one asked for it and you traded the damage that everyone asked for”.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

A lot of stuff is viable if the whole amount of people goes organized.
Regen is not needed because people get that randomly from 20 other sources and you contributing to this whole chunk of boon is not even noticed.
Swiftness is ignorable because all the meta classes bring it by default.

This kind of support ranger would be effective if people had nothing of what already is there provided by others by default while dealing much more damage or healing for more than you.

Well yes, all that kind of stuff is kind of fine, if everything else is not fine… Which means starting braindead and trying to fix the braindead instead of starting with stuff that is already fine.

What people like the original poster do not understand is that NPC’s are only able to kill you because someone isn’t playing Zerk or someone is playing wrong.
So making a build that still can be played wrong and die that focuses on the phase where someone already screwed up is in my honest personal opinion – wrong.

If I wanted to focus on “support” I’d focus on numbers. Time spent, damage negated, damage recovered…
Regeneration for 240 per second is absolutely ridiculous when you can negate a ranged flurry of 24K damage. So being a support in terms of off-hand axe is welcome. Being a support in terms of regen bot that trades like 3K damage per second (which results in more damage done by the NPC in the end) is wrong.

Negating the damage taken by 30% (toughness), Recovering from the damage taken (Healing Power), and focusing on Condition Damage and Pet stats for still noticeable damage is fine. “Unless you lost enough damage for your Zerk comrades to die because of the more time the enemy is alive and still deals damage”.

Well yes, of course, supporting is viable and welcome. But it’s absurd to claim that your support role is more help than a handbrake when “no one asked for it and you traded the damage that everyone asked for”.

well that is your choice of play style he still deals 3k damage per second but in this case the pet+ranger combined reaches 3k unlike other classes which only have themselfs to rely on meaning they have to use power stats to reach 3k damage , where a ranger can sub the power to buff the pet to reach the 3k per second.

the difference there is you exchange your own power to get the pet to recover it as you said trading sources of damage is different on a ranger since they don’t really need a power stat of extreme proportions since the pet can make up for it with the correct buffs, its PvE things dont move much at all and with this amount of regen pets stay alive to deal the consistant damage that is lost from the ranger.

in the games current stat yes its not Optimal but the build is efficient at the role its made for , it does good damage good control and good support.

its a PvE easy Casual build for those players that don’t want to spend every waking second worrying about that one hit that will down them you know most people play for fun and that is different for every single person in a different way.

people keep advocating Power Meta which means not much in newer content creatures have Resistances to condi or direct they have ways to Migrate damage too so stacking up on power isnt the only answer anymore and having the kind of build the op made helps everyone out for the future comming fights/events for HoT you can only stun break so much or evade enough attacks .

a common scene is when a whole group of players are all playing full glass , one goes down , onther tries to res that player goes down and from there it snowballs to the point there is not enough people sustainting the event the window of success is vastly reduced to a point where it takes just as long as a Balanced group/ mix people in a zerg of Power/condi/support types , it is pretty much do what you want now you want power go power , you want condi go condi , you want support go support and the support is in different forms as you said the definition of support can be said in many ways be it heals, reveives , using damage to prevent death (though in the damage case you risk the life of the ally by trying to burst down a target before it kills the target Which is really risky if you can not do this For example Vine wrath champion machanics, where sustain is better than spending half the time in downed state where no one is able to revive or support you as they also dwindle and die.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

I’m all up for support builds, make no mistake.
I made one just like that myself.
With perma fury, perma swiftness, perma regen, 3 blast finishers, 7 might uptime… And believe me that I will deal more damage, mitigate more damage taken than this build proposed and heal for more than this build proposed.

Without any healing power whatsoever.
With all due respect, any pet with beast mastery deals this amount of damage. But the fact that you sacrifice all your damage for it. Like yes, all of it – means a lot. Your team will take more damage because of it and you keep ignoring this very important fact.

Zerks die because of this fact, and people like you keep ignoring it. Whether you want it or not, Zerk is the meta because of the efficiency. For a bloody good reason. Which means everyone is right to expect people to play with the highest efficiency. Once you start playing something viable that kills the rest of your buddies – that’s horrible. No discussion. That’s just plain bad.

If you intend to play a “support build” of any kind – that’s completely fine! But for gods sake! Do not ruin everybody’s else game-play they intend to play because of efficiency. If you want to play a build for fun – do so in open world content that no one really cares about (we do care at Teq/Tripple Trouble) or PvP if it makes sense (I saw a really efficient disruptor mesmer the other day without any real damage).

This – build – is – worthless – unless – people – ask – for – it. It does more harm than support. If you find people who build around this particular game-style – than this build is fine. But until then – I really can’t see any reason to bring this build in.

As I said – the build I made not only provides better damage mitigation, better utility, but also better healing (if you use blasts for this purpose) without any healing power.
It only lacks AoE chill that won’t help you prevent damage anyways. The target is crippled regardless.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

“This – build – is – worthless – unless – people – ask – for – it” well that is a Opinonated ideal , people will take this build because they want to support or help Directly , not indirectly by bursting down some trash mob or CC somthing to it does not hit.

Long term Aoes will not be stopped by CC or Bursting down a Trash create to up someone from downed especailly if they did not hit the trash target in the first place they will not get up even if they did, they will get up then go straight back down a few seconds later meaning the player has to dodge and get out of combat to heal up reducing the Dps uptime.

if the regen is not strong enough because those power stat builds lack healing support the basic heal 6 is not enough to survive a Sustained Aoe (like Teq poison areas the only exception is if you have more than 8 people near you with Waters/ 5 target healing skills) having people choose to take these Support first/power second type builds means more Dps up time , those people that don’t have a power dps build gives others more dps uptime allowing 5-10 maybe even 15 people if they spread around the hp sustain making up for more than enough of the Personal damage loss.

Support goes way beyond just medigation of damage or active defences or even just Piling up with 15-20 other players to use weak Aoe healing effects and everyone knows that in a group lower than 15 does not have enough hp sustain hence why people use Cleric guardains in WvW to cover the weaker sustain while D/D eles provide Waterfields for condi clear rather than the Regen gained.

on a single target level when you are Seperated a zerker will not survive or find it very Tiring without the extra support , though the easy current content makes it too easy for glass to survive , creature do not summon walls or cause long fears those only exsit in world events or Fractals and again in fractals at a higher level people do use Support specs so no its not only if they ask for it , its because its required for Harder content.

going by General playing having one person out of 10 or just not giving a crap who plays what Balances itself out in the overall bigger picture.

I vividly remember the first few attempts at the marionette where people had to use stronger support to survive the encounters while sticking to a time limit and many lanes failed because too many glass targets died straight into downed/death with no fast res;es or better regen support they spent most of the time running in circles trying to Regen , onther classic example Full Beserker warroir trying to use healing signet to heaql over time, where it costs them 10-15secs at a time to gain enough hp to attempt onther combo attack without risk of dying from a Suprise unpredicted attack.

in the end a few people playing Support will not hurt the Progress of an event but help the event go more Smoothly and potentional with less downed , less deaths , high upkeep of dps making events less of a chore and more of a Enjoyable Experience for many more people than those that link Enjoyable Experience/fun with Damage or making content harder than it should be.

but that last sentence goes both ways some people will say damage makes thing easier though the way i see it.

More damage > more active defences> More time Kiting to regen health to perform each attack combination> less dps upkeep = Bursting rotations which have to wait till the require cooldowns are ready and cannot stay in combat to provide AA sustain for a long Period unless they already have enough hp to survive the phases.

and the support build provides the extra kick of support needed to improve dps upkeep , less kiting > more AA up time > less distance having to travel in and out or away from Aoes = More damage , smoother events , less stress

General PvE shouldn’t be Stressfull , it all comes down to you play your power build , they play thier support , its not about those Damage dealers or the builds its about the players Game experience and what they enjoy which has nothing to do with Unless they ask for it , they are going to do it anyway.

its meta because its the Most commonly used or been used for the longest time right now Condi and bezerker meta are both Viable , support is a add on to that though it isn’t needed to help the condi users , what you won’t get is damage is not everything as i put before , its not going to wreak the game for other players THERE WILL ALWAYS BE ENOUGH DPS’ERS its there Choice of game play and we will never be short of DPS’er nows since its been the meta for 3 years , people playing support will not effect your game experience.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

this build a version of support , has damage mitigation , enough damage support / healing support , Fury/swiftness/might/Blast applies remoreless and weakness + blind and pet boosts for even more dps.

this ones more optimised for damage And healing support of which will do more than enough and is still 2.2k power and provides a lot of support.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNMQNAnXTnMqAtCi9CC+sActgh9gav9AIB8ivIS+POa+n+k7koUA-TRyGABAcKAwTJ4SKxGSZQlKNy9JAEp+Ah2fIR1fIFgfTtA-e

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

I have this idea for Support Ranger if healing becomes a thing in HoT.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNMQRBMhdG2JlKCVolFLL2vigF8F0vCct4axAjQxh73GA/TMspuH6leTnyreQVpA-ThSGABCcEAA4BAAoKFXq0TKlgDpMY3TCwk6HqUdFP2fIAACwNbz2sND+5P/5P/5Pbn38o38o3sUAeNGA-e

You can cast Call of the Wild every 10 seconds (perma 2-3x Might, Fury, Swiftness and Regen + Blast Finisher), while healing your party members for 685 with Sigil of Renewal, and still deal some pretty decent damage. Your pet can pull aggro from your allies, and you still keep their DPS high with Spotter.

Protect Me could replace Lightning Reflexes, but I don’t like that skill in the current state though.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

There are times when I do play healing support and enjoy it, it is quite useful in certain places. I have two characters with healing gear sets. One is a guard for dragging people through fractals, it basically makes the runs very easy and smooth, albeit a touch slower. The other is a Clerics Staff Ele for WvW. When you stack as much healing as possible with Benevolence/Riceballs/Monk runes/aquatic benevolence you do some pretty amazing healing. Two eles setup like this can keep a ram team up under any amount of defenders. And you have the ice bow to AoE the walls as well as PvD for healing the rams too with the AA and Water sigil.

In the places where Ranger healer would be used, a Staff Ele is just far superior anyway because it can still do great AoE damage as well as absurd passive healing and provide a 450 radius water field for everyone else to blast.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Rymer.4017

this build a version of support , has damage mitigation , enough damage support / healing support , Fury/swiftness/might/Blast applies remoreless and weakness + blind and pet boosts for even more dps.

this ones more optimised for damage And healing support of which will do more than enough and is still 2.2k power and provides a lot of support.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNMQNAnXTnMqAtCi9CC+sActgh9gav9AIB8ivIS+POa+n+k7koUA-TRyGABAcKAwTJ4SKxGSZQlKNy9JAEp+Ah2fIR1fIFgfTtA-e

Hey that is not to bad but if you did this you could do a little more damage at a higher rate and still maintain a good amount of healing that can sustain 5 people. It has enough power plus a 5 might stack from pet with a higher crit chance. With a 60% crit chance your more likely to land one increasing the damage out put and maintaining some good healing plus fury for a bigger burst of damage when needed like when a boss has alot of vuln on it buy hitting signet of the wild then strength of the pack you can get fury with 50% extra damage with remorseless this way you get a really fast high burn from rapid fire for one attack and possible even another if the timer was quicker on the skill. If you also time it and hit sick em as well with the above combo your cat can get in another 3 to 4 k damage making the over all well above 30k in one hit the rest of the time you still have a decent crit chance.

To me this seems more viable and alot more effective then all the regen this way you only need to regen some damage while maintaining a high damage. See in fights like Tequatil your healing spring allows you to stand in the poison fields with the 5 pulse condi cleanse and bring up people and with the regen and swiftness from sick em you can get out of it along with the other person. You can also use strength of the pack if needed and get stability when you go into it and it lasts a while so you can bring up some one with the wave knockdowns as well so it is very effective as support in that fight.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNMQNAnXTnMqAtCiVsAOsActgh9gav9AIB+4ocrAv4LikPl3cipSB-TxBBABSoEEV9BA8EAzfZt/gQq/sqyvFOFAkCwvRWA-e

Now I my self would do this if I had the resources to make this but I was on a gold limit when I made the above one with magi only ankitten ow slowly rebuilding my gold back up.

See with the Superior Sigil of Benevolence you get 12.5 % healing effectiveness that will take your healing up quite a bit making the extra 200 up easy plus some. You also get a lot higher crit and damage and if you mix clerics and zealots you get higher power but less crit chance. And with all the heals you had you can not stack regen so its to much I should know I have been running with different builds for a week trying to get the most healing out and this way is a lot better trust me.

The only professions that can be really good at support healing is a guardian and elementalist they get more heals then the other professions hands down but they do not need that much for healing I know I can get my cleric guard to 1800 healing power with runes of life and still not do super heals but I can heal someone up better if I take the above set up and trait for healing effectiveness and take monk runes because then I get 40% healing effectiveness and I could do some amazing healing then plus damage and more. Below is a link to the Guardian build I am talking about.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWnkICtChtDBOCB0EhjBiyGALQBgPhSIOvRwHUBA-TxBBABSoEEgnAY+TI1f0a/hVV+dq+gFOFAkCwvpWA-e

Or this one.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNApeWnkICtChtDBOCB0EhjFiKff7XIgvgKIMvBwDUAA-TxBBABSoEEgnAY+TI1f0a/hVV+dq+gFOFAkCwvpWA-e

(edited by Rymer.4017)

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

I guess people believe in what the screen shows, not the real objective result. I’m starting to feel strange that builds for support in terms of “healing” and not damage prevention (lack Taunt from pet).

Or many other things. But I guess I’ll just drop this and move on.
But a friendly advice : playing support builds of this caliber is going to get you hated everywhere you step your foot.

No one’s that broken to acknowledge a support whose only heal is regeneration (that overwrites) and sigils that are open for literally everyone.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Rymer.4017

I guess people believe in what the screen shows, not the real objective result. I’m starting to feel strange that builds for support in terms of “healing” and not damage prevention (lack Taunt from pet).

Or many other things. But I guess I’ll just drop this and move on.
But a friendly advice : playing support builds of this caliber is going to get you hated everywhere you step your foot.

No one’s that broken to acknowledge a support whose only heal is regeneration (that overwrites) and sigils that are open for literally everyone.

Is this one more to your liking if not change it up this works for alot of things look at the stats it has suvivability and lots of other things you can tweek on it to make it be all the above. Its still has a high healing output and more plus good damage and you can add more healing or dps by just changing a few things.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNMQNAnXTnMqAtCiVsAOsActgh9gav9AIB4BOg39POa+lPl3cipSB-TxBBABSoEEV9BA8EAzfCp+jW7PsqyvFOFAkCwvRWA-e

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…No one’s that broken to acknowledge a support whose only heal is regeneration (that overwrites) and sigils that are open for literally everyone.

This is why Ranger does not make for a good healing builds.

Support, yes, in the form of boons and spirit effects, but not healing. Meaning, you can still run all zerker or sinister for a support Ranger.

Taking a look at the Sinister A/T build that has been talked about lots lately, you could modify that to become good support with the loss of some damage from traits, but still decent output while buffing the team considerably and mitigating 33% damage from prot and tons more with hawk spam. You can just swap the traits and flame trap back for max DPS.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQJA3fjMqQzK2rCuqARLGKEKeAa3H439cPA8Y/Z/hUWQXkaC-T1RAABXqEEgHAg1q/Ez+DYr8rjDCg06EIFAMLrA-w

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

Is this one more to your liking if not change it up this works for alot of things look at the stats it has suvivability and lots of other things you can tweek on it to make it be all the above. Its still has a high healing output and more plus good damage and you can add more healing or dps by just changing a few things.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNMQNAnXTnMqAtCiVsAOsActgh9gav9AIB4BOg39POa+lPl3cipSB-TxBBABSoEEV9BA8EAzfCp+jW7PsqyvFOFAkCwvRWA-e

You still miss the point. Ranger has lots of unique healing but none of you build around it. 2 pets, Invigorating Bond and 2 spirits. (I was able to solo the Dry Top quicksand achievement with that except I used Healing Spring with blasts and leaps)
Regeneration as a boon is fine if you are the only one providing it and the damage you receive cannot be avoided. Plus you still sacrifice a huge portion of your damage. Yes, a huge. Your damage is awfully low when compared to a DPS build.

The build I dare to call supportive is this. If you really want to go for more “HP support” take the Protection Moa. It will heal for 3500 (was it?) and boost the protection duration for up to 80%.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/PvE-build-Support-Ranger

The support you are looking for “cannot be found mechanically within Ranger’s reach”. If it is – it’s gonna be inferior to Eles and Guardians.

If you really want to play the healer – this is what I’d play with as a template.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRBMhd+1IjK0ui9qgzKQ0iBGhiLgvNA+WfYTdf0D2mOj3eY2D-TZRAABa8AAYrMAAHBgpPBA/s/AA
Perma Regen (more than Perma), easy access to fire/water field, high Protection uptime, Taunt that saves lives (heals for a nice amount), Moa that heals for 3500 on a 32 sec CD.

If you want to heal, you should think about how you can do it by other ways than everybody else. This would be the way to bring in the heals, deal damage via pet, buff people and support their damage up.
Still not the ideal one, but the logic behind it matters.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Rymer.4017

If you really want to play the healer – this is what I’d play with as a template.
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQRBMhd+1IjK0ui9qgzKQ0iBGhiLgvNA+WfYTdf0D2mOj3eY2D-TZRAABa8AAYrMAAHBgpPBA/s/AA
Perma Regen (more than Perma), easy access to fire/water field, high Protection uptime, Taunt that saves lives (heals for a nice amount), Moa that heals for 3500 on a 32 sec CD.

If you want to heal, you should think about how you can do it by other ways than everybody else. This would be the way to bring in the heals, deal damage via pet, buff people and support their damage up.
Still not the ideal one, but the logic behind it matters.

I know what you mean by pet heals and all that I run it sometimes a lot. As you said water and fire field if I want them and I could do more dps if I went for a less healer type gear. I get it I really do I have tested and retested a whole bunch of builds over the last few days and not just with the Magi stuff I tried many of the builds posted here to see how they work and will most likely try yours.

So its not that I am not listening I am I just do not have the resources in game like gold and materials to really test most when most went to may new warrior and to my ele unless I test in greens and that only shows so much and there is no zealots in green so I have to wait till I can get some gold built up and then I can try them.

Also is there something I could do with this with out switching out gear cause even thought the power is at 1730 and perc is at 2018 and healing power is 1313 I do need the higher health because of what I use the build for now I need high health or it does not work right. See I have been doing a lot of Tequatil and Silverwastes with it well not the high power cause I am still in all Magi but after seeing what I could get out of mixing in zealots is there any thing else I could do that will not take what I have here in gear to make it better like traits and skills mostly.

(edited by Rymer.4017)

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Tragic Positive.9356

@Rymer
Hmmh, let me see.
Largely depends on what do you want to focus on. Support as such comes from vast variety of types. My understanding of “support” is definitely time efficiency.

Blind/Weakness/Protection bot = damage mitigation
Swiftness/DPS buffs = Time efficiency
Recovery/Resurrection = fail proofing/comfort

Because most of it doesn’t make you want the healing power at all, while providing better mathematical results. So yea, you won’t heal the people for 300 per second.
You will mitigate a hit for 5K every 5 seconds and reduce the rest thanks to protection to 3500. Now we may be talking even though you literally see none of the results.

So, right now I might need to know what is the playstyle you prefer in the expression of “support”. Is it the green numbers? The efficiency? The “non-DPS helpful” feeling? I might be able to make a build that you like and is not completely.
But if you want me to help you, you have to help me know what can I help you with =)

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

Rymer.4017

@Rymer
Hmmh, let me see.
Largely depends on what do you want to focus on. Support as such comes from vast variety of types. My understanding of “support” is definitely time efficiency.

Blind/Weakness/Protection bot = damage mitigation
Swiftness/DPS buffs = Time efficiency
Recovery/Resurrection = fail proofing/comfort

Because most of it doesn’t make you want the healing power at all, while providing better mathematical results. So yea, you won’t heal the people for 300 per second.
You will mitigate a hit for 5K every 5 seconds and reduce the rest thanks to protection to 3500. Now we may be talking even though you literally see none of the results.

So, right now I might need to know what is the playstyle you prefer in the expression of “support”. Is it the green numbers? The efficiency? The “non-DPS helpful” feeling? I might be able to make a build that you like and is not completely.
But if you want me to help you, you have to help me know what can I help you with =)

Hey will get back to you soon but do not have the time right now.

Support Ranger Build.

in Ranger

runeblade.7514

New build and video.

This is just too funny.

that is fast enough , his not buffed, he does not have a Zerg situation nor is he using quickness consistantly that video is a Demo on a 1vs creature basis , it is fast enough ps Axe main is a Ranged weapon but you are still close enough to be Pulled by champs or to get hit by Ranged Aoes.

good Suggestion on the Zealots but he already has enough crit hits , which does not effect the pet making the precision and power less Valued in the Rangers eyes , mixing one or two Zealots into his gear or even a full set won;t do much apart from increase Direct damage which is a players play style choice.

Monk might to Equal , not better since 1 extra second of regen is worth more than a 10% boost.

the way he has set up his regen is to Maximise the outgoing per second rather than the total amount by using Sigil of Benevolence rather than the 6th bonus on monks when you have Regen of a 4k over 12secs 10% is only 400hps / 12seconds , the runes he picked are better in the long run.

really need to get out of this Beserker mind set , since everything is now Viable or even Optimal if you Stat craft the most Efficent build for the type of play style you want.

hell even brazil did it and make a Meta condi team for dungeons, you better go check it out.

lol.

Power is more valued than Vitality.