We Heal as One Feedback [merged]

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

only on ranger forums you find people actually saying their class is op and needs a nerf… XD

Maybe by many non rangers. OP seems to be a ranger..appearently but I’m okay with the way WHaO is currently. It’s finally useful at all.

Ranger is my only class. Things like this should get nipped in the bud quickly so that it doesn’t result in nerfs later down the line. I am perfectly fine with WHaO sharing boons, but I don’t think it should share 100% duration.

No wonder you don’t know how Ele and Warrior can always do this before the patch, with access to more cleanse and passive heal!

Oh really? They can get 15s quickness by pressing two buttons? Teach me how to do that plox.

You click that Quickness and you’re toasted later since you burn your stun break, heal, condition removal just for that.

Wow the thought never occurred to me to not pop them before a fight, but rather wait until I need to use my stun break and heal, so smart. Or just to swap pets right before I use my heal during a fight to get 8s quickness. Wow so much strat.

Wait for what?

Your quickness lasts 15 secs, and QZ CD is 36 at minimum.

Btw, it’s funny how you assume you can ideally use quickness, protection, fire field, might stacking, and then ideally stunbreak, cure some conditions, and then needed that heal at that right moment.

So much idealistic situations lol… Plus if I were you, I’d build up my 24 stacks of might before engaging, so I am constantly wasting heal skill already just to keep up might.

My 2 cents: Que up in Arena and see how well it works before you shout out OP.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

only on ranger forums you find people actually saying their class is op and needs a nerf… XD

Maybe by many non rangers. OP seems to be a ranger..appearently but I’m okay with the way WHaO is currently. It’s finally useful at all.

Ranger is my only class. Things like this should get nipped in the bud quickly so that it doesn’t result in nerfs later down the line. I am perfectly fine with WHaO sharing boons, but I don’t think it should share 100% duration.

No wonder you don’t know how Ele and Warrior can always do this before the patch, with access to more cleanse and passive heal!

Oh really? They can get 15s quickness by pressing two buttons? Teach me how to do that plox.

You click that Quickness and you’re toasted later since you burn your stun break, heal, condition removal just for that.

Wow the thought never occurred to me to not pop them before a fight, but rather wait until I need to use my stun break and heal, so smart. Or just to swap pets right before I use my heal during a fight to get 8s quickness. Wow so much strat.

Except that is not how it works. When you are pressured and usually will stunbreak you follow with a soft disengage using hunters shot and dont turn on your opponent full pewpew mode. It does NOT work like that versus any decent opponent.

The quickness uptime is high vs golems in the mist but ingame those builds are just too gimicky to efficiently use them and the damage increase just doesn’t translate well. MoC, Remorseless, Sigils and the Might Stacking do a much better job for damage increase.

It doesn’t work to kite when you have super speed and .5s cast WHaO? What doesn’t work? What is gimmicky about waiting to use your stun break/condi cleanse and heal until you need them?

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

Except that is not how it works. When you are pressured and usually will stunbreak you follow with a soft disengage using hunters shot and dont turn on your opponent full pewpew mode. It does NOT work like that versus any decent opponent.

The quickness uptime is high vs golems in the mist but ingame those builds are just too gimicky to efficiently use them and the damage increase just doesn’t translate well. MoC, Remorseless, Sigils and the Might Stacking do a much better job for damage increase.

It doesn’t work to kite when you have super speed and .5s cast WHaO? What doesn’t work? What is gimmicky about waiting to use your stun break/condi cleanse and heal until you need them?

Are you actively trying to not understand my post? Obv you wanna stunbreak/condi clear but very rarely you can then just blow your heal to get 15 seconds of quickness that you then even can efficiently utilize for damage. That is a completely unrealistic dream scenario. That 15s quickness will happen sometimes if your stars align but even then getting enough profit out of it to even justify the build is unlikely.

Builds that utilize the might and don’t run QZ at all can make much more profit out of this WHAO buff.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

We’re like beaten children that are chained up in the basement. Someone brings us food and we yell at them we don’t deserve to eat.

Compare rangers to shout warriors or d/d eles or any other team staple build from over the years. After trying it in a realistic scenario, WHaO is not at all OP in my opinion, and even if it was stronger than it is now it would still be ok; rangers needed and need some buffs.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Are you actively trying to not understand my post? Obv you wanna stunbreak/condi clear but very rarely you can then just blow your heal to get 15 seconds of quickness that you then even can efficiently utilize for damage. That is a completely unrealistic dream scenario. That 15s quickness will happen sometimes if your stars align but even then getting enough profit out of it to even justify the build is unlikely.

Builds that utilize the might and don’t run QZ at all can make much more profit out of this WHAO buff.

Who says that the Quickness is used for damage? Why can’t it be used to do something like disengage or use defensive utility or make your pet more reliably hit with their F2?

You’re also just considering the prospect of boons that only the Ranger can apply. Say for instance that a Guard casts Feel My Wrath, all of a sudden you COULD now have 10s quickness. Just because you have WHaO on your bar.

I am not calling for the functionality to be gutted, just that the boon transfer has limited duration at least for quickness. Its quite simple really.

(edited by Mcrocha.3891)

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

Who says that the Quickness is used for damage? Why can’t it be used to do something like disengage or use defensive utility or make your pet more reliably hit with their F2?

You’re also just considering the prospect of boons that only the Ranger can apply. Say for instance that a Guard casts Feel My Wrath, all of a sudden you COULD now have 10s quickness. Just because you have WHaO on your bar.

I am not calling for the functionality to be gutted, just that the boon transfer has limited duration at least for quickness. Its quite simple really.

QZ functions fine by itself for the thing that you mentioned even without WHaO.

WHaO only make it slightly better, but not much…

I’d take QZ even without WHaO, so your argument of WHaO being OP is irrelevant.

Btw, I bet you never see Guardians stacking group Quickness in action before.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zenos Osgorma.2936

Zenos Osgorma.2936

You can get permanent fury, regeneration and swiftness. Protection and quickness you can not and it is more like a kitten mini game blowing cool downs just to keep your buffs up.

You can have 50% uptime on quickness which is broken.

by swapping pets out this removes all the boons on the pet and the next pet is a clean fresh pet , so you’d need to redo all that Boon maintaince again also Blowing 1 heal , 2 Utilties and a Elite to get all that is only tempory it also requires BM,Nature and Wilderness for survival trading all Damage into the pet which is then swapped out a swapped pet is one that is not doing damage also the 50% upkeep on quickness is due to Pet swaps if you keep Swapping pets out every time they are ready You will NEVER get all those other boons unless you have Half the Skill Bar on a Cooldown .

meaning no stun breaks , barely any active condi clears , the weapons would then have to be Beastmaster relaited like axe+dagger > GS for survival reasons for block>buff and sustain .

doing what the OP is suggesting takes a Hell of a lot needed to be invested , it also means you have to COMMIT the pet to not doing damage 50% of the time just to maintain 50% quickness it will be running left to right consistantly trying to keep up.

the whole reason for Heal as one becomming this is to Lessen the need to be So invested in the first place to open up other sources or trait choices or even utiltiy choices with this there will be no more need to use SoS in power builds ect ect

the Windows have been blown off the hinges , So much of the rangers Boon investment goes into the pet it leaves the core ranger Poorly in the gutter when it comes to Buffs of anything lasting any longer than 9seconds , and if it does last longer than 9 seconds its due to a Weapon like Warhorn or clarions bond .

you take Away Guard what do you have Pretty much no protection and only protection on dodge which is 3seconds if you go wilderness.

this is the Cele Ranger version of the D/D ele.

ontop of that quickness only effects this > “Skills and actions are 50% faster” actions are 50% faster not movement speed so again you will need to use a weapon skill to disengage or encounter or even counter attack will be shortened to two options fast block > damage (quickness) or projectile defence (no quickness)

using quickness this much Drains Cooldowns and will only be effective on Quickdraw and even then Quickdraw will also Drain cooldowns by using Faster and Faster rotations at one point the ranger will be cooldown Locked into using Set skills , it all comes down to burst Damage avoid the Burst and you will be fine Tough it out take precausions and aim .

the only thing i see changing is the Cast duration so it is easier to interrupt.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in Ranger

Posted by: borya.2964

borya.2964

I killed several rangers this evening in wvw who lost precious seconds trying to stack boons in one rotation. One of them whispered me and asked me how i could do it so fast while hitting like a truck. They probaly never used neither QZ nor Guard before. It was funny.

I didn’t use WEAO, i just have a lots boons with high uptime duration, i can end a fight with 30 sec of protection outside the usual fury, swiftness and regen. Everybody could have used this kind of build for month (http://de.gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQNAT8YnEqAlsgtsA+CCctgBOhy/7B4w/XYxb4eYr0AoipKA-T1DFABVfQAOUlA70B0kyg2uAgmAAOCAFqGxVKBF4BAgkSpY2f4RVEcSJTiqiomGBSB41yI-w).

Are rangers discovering boons ?

Coffin Rehearsal X – Bunker Roaming Ranger
Tchuu Tchuu Im A Train [TCHU] – Gandara
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChUmRHtHLgPckvtrPImxK3A

in Ranger

Posted by: Stilgar.6437

Stilgar.6437

tested it a bit, definitly not OP, you have too sacrifice way too much for it that it ends up being subpar to regular ranger build. Its a nice buff but not OP in any way in pvp. its nice in pve to buff your pet and have longer quickness, but stack whatever you want in pve and you will get nowhere near ele dps so you are still kicked from the group by default.

in Ranger

Posted by: iztrem.9243

iztrem.9243

After more testing you can have 100% uptime of Quickness / Fury / Protection / Vigor / Regen / Swiftness by your self, you only need to spam WHaO after enough stacked duration.

Tested with water rune and apropriate build.

Pretty fun in open world PVE, i don’t thing this can be easly done in Dungeon / PVP or WWW.

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

After more testing you can have 100% uptime of Quickness / Fury / Protection / Vigor / Regen / Swiftness by your self, you only need to spam WHaO after enough stacked duration.

Pretty fun in open world PVE, i don’t thing this can be easly done in Dungeon / PVP or WWW.

No damage> burst Dead that build or builds you are testing are Very Niche will not Survive in Competitive WvW or Pvp.

try testing it without Guard and without stenght of the pack and see how you get on with a Balanced set up in addition to that even try it without Beastmastery using Wilderness skills a traited QZ with Marksmanship and Nature magic , using Signet mastery for the might stacking and then tell us that ^ this build set up is OP .

its all about investing in the correct places , going all out in boon investing will get you kill at higher tiers of play.

(edited by Zenos Osgorma.2936)

in Ranger

Posted by: Ofir.2405

Ofir.2405

Its just what i said. You can only do that in PVE and it takes some time. Even if you do it in PVE ONLY you (and your pet which no one cares about it) get it- no team support. In the meantime ELE is capable of giving boons to the ALL team.Also, you cant even do it easily in pvp since you need to wait a bit in order to get this stacked up and when you do it you waste all of your skills. And on top of all that you basically waste most of your utillity skills and therefore risk your self (also you waste your heal skill) just to get a few boons that players can counter it (signet necro for example).

People see a good buff to rangers and suddenly cry its OP without even looking into the problems this buff has. Now pls go cry about eles and mesmers, ranger forums is not the right place for crying OP.

Edit: Forgot to mention I dont think I will even use this build. I dont want to put me with risk of having no condi clear and a useless skill (guard me) just for some boons. SOTP + QZ + WHAO is enough for me (same goes for pets – I still think that pets like birds and wolf are better than a blue moa).

(edited by Ofir.2405)

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

also a Dead pet , is no boons at all and a pet on the front line trying to tank will likely die anyway .

the only pets that will benifit from this is the Jaguar on swap rotation into stealth and Drakes/hounds or even Bears with nature magic to make them Near Unstoppable jugganauts with 25might with HaO+fortifying bond , depending on weapons most likey Warhorn traited with strenght runes and Sigil of strenght on Axe+dagger , Sword+torch.

this pushes Bunker condi rangers into the main light using Bear beefed up with EB one a quick draw bonfire bunker build. Skirmishing , Wilderness , Nature magic.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Ofc QZ is a fine by itself, its one of our best utilities. The point is: why would you use another heal when you have the potential to share all boons with your pet and access to something like 15s quickness. I would easily take WHaO without QZ so your argument is irrelevant(great logic btw).

Not even going to respond to the last part, but it made me laugh good job, I wish I could have as much experience and knowledge as you do.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

The point is: why would you use another heal when you have the potential to share all boons with your pet and access to something like 15s quickness.

HS Team support > Pet support

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

Ofc QZ is a fine by itself, its one of our best utilities. The point is: why would you use another heal when you have the potential to share all boons with your pet and access to something like 15s quickness. I would easily take WHaO without QZ so your argument is irrelevant(great logic btw).

Not even going to respond to the last part, but it made me laugh good job, I wish I could have as much experience and knowledge as you do.

At least I know every single profession, played all of them, and know what they can do and can’t do.

That’s why I don’t act like someone who only play one class and suddenly thinks himself OP by playing a gimmick spec, without even testing in real PVP situation.

Hf theory crafting or doing your outdoor PVE contents.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kolisch.4691

Kolisch.4691

Is okay if you are running solo, duo or have a lousy party. When roaming wvw my party is good enough to give similar things + I don’t have to kitten my build and use a selfish heal that sucks in team fights.

HoT = Grind Wars 2
HoT = WvW players forced to PVE

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

The point is: why would you use another heal when you have the potential to share all boons with your pet and access to something like 15s quickness.

HS Team support > Pet support

This is debatable. And it would be: HS Team Support > Pet AND Ranger Support. We already have the pet support in the form of Fortifying Bond.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mono.7320

Mono.7320

I don’t see problem; works as intended.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

At least I know every single profession, played all of them, and know what they can do and can’t do.

That’s why I don’t act like someone who only play one class and suddenly thinks himself OP by playing a gimmick spec, without even testing in real PVP situation.

Hf theory crafting or doing your outdoor PVE contents.

Lel gg. True colors. Apparently I am unable of knowing how other professions work if I haven’t played them because I can’t research them or watch other people play them.

I can assure you I tested it in real PVP situations(but that won’t matter because you will just claim I obviously played against uber noobs), I don’t see what is gimmicky about taking our best PVP build and simply using WHaO over TU, but maybe if I played other classes like you do I would have so much more experience and see why that is a gimmick.

Once again don’t really have anything to say about the last part of your post except lel and gg mate.

in Ranger

Posted by: iKeostuKen.2738

iKeostuKen.2738

Its fine the way it is. I love the pet synergy it brings to the game. Stack 25 might on my pet, and share it with myself ^^

in Ranger

Posted by: Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Kitty La Boom Boom.4065

Well good thing it won’t be changed for another couple months, or more =)

Anet loves to leave things OP as long as possible.

OP and rangers are not meant to be, the nerfplosion is imminent. This is scientifically proven that rangers can’t have nice things.

So let me get see if I have this right.
Rangers ask for some love.
Rangers get some love.
Rangers complain, instead of saying thank you.

Got it.

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Well good thing it won’t be changed for another couple months, or more =)

Anet loves to leave things OP as long as possible.

OP and rangers are not meant to be, the nerfplosion is imminent. This is scientifically proven that rangers can’t have nice things.

So let me get see if I have this right.
Rangers ask for some love.
Rangers get some love.
Rangers complain, instead of saying thank you.

Got it.

That’s the thing, there a no rangers here complaining. This people are the ones that lost against a ranger in PvP. They are not used to fight rangers because we don’t have dps or sustain so when the mechanics allow the rangers to have some gameplay the other classes cry out loud.

You can not get perma anything with that trait than you can’t have on your own. 10 seconds Quickness instead of 6 every 40 ? Is that what this is complaining about? I could say is a L2P issue more than anything.

Problem here is there are not many rangers left and the ones that are still here or get banned or don’t trust Anet to deliver. So most mst you see is just from other mains that use ranger for casual farming.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Nope. Not OP… it’s actually pretty nice now.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

The skill seems to have a hard cap at 2:30 for a boon copy. I can’t stack more than that with a warhorn and using WHaO when I have over 2:30 it simply adds the 13s the skill normaly gives.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

in Ranger

Zenos Osgorma.2936

The skill seems to have a hard cap at 2:30 for a boon copy. I can’t stack more than that with a warhorn and using WHaO when I have over 2:30 it simply adds the 13s the skill normaly gives.

ya i managed to hard cap Fury+swiftness using the Clarions+warhorn combos ,

also the copy boon Triggers Opening strikes.

though i still found healing spring more useful but then i slotted a Furn hound for the regen instead for 15secs of regen (1,950) the pet alone gave me near perma regen per f2 use if timed correctly , so it works amazingly well when combined with Clarions+warhorn, weapon swap skirmishing and nature magic to consistantly trigger Opening strikes , i even use Sun spirit with Natures vengence for Vigor on steady focus so i get Vigor from the pet when standing near it for a double vigour duraiton.

in Ranger

Posted by: coax.2951

coax.2951

It’s overpowered as hell in connection with quickness.
You can stack 30s of quickness with 2 skills and a pet swap at the start of a fight, that’s a whole lot too much for pvp.

Sukkla
Probably still playing ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: Pockets.3201

Pockets.3201

You can get higher in the silverwastes with the boons you get during the vinewrath event for some reason. About eight and a half on most of what it gives, and I had over three minutes of retaliation.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Please use this thread to provide your constructive feedback on the changes to We Heal as One. I know the developers are looking at your comments and concerns, so this merged thread will help them get the bulk of what you have to say.

Please note: If you’re rude, aggressive, or non-constructive, your posts will be removed. It’s that simple: Have a dialogue, a discussion, but please keep it valuable.

Thanks.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

(edited by Moderator)

in Ranger

Posted by: infantrydiv.1620

infantrydiv.1620

Although I’m not entirely unhappy with today’s Ranger buffs (and the Taunt fix which was totally called for), changes like what happened to Heal as One tells me that Arenanet continues to not listen to actual Ranger feedback.

The kind of buffs we needed were the kind of buffs Necromancer got: good buffs to weak weapon sets and utilities.

We’ve seen Arenanet leave specific weaponsets at meta-breaking levels of imbalance for YEARS (take a look at Hambow or D/D ele) and this imo is the #1 cause of stale meta feeling. I hate to see this happening to the Ranger, which although weak during the Cele Ele/Engineer meta, was still well balanced internally.

We don’t need some weird insane might stack + perma quickness tied around a heal skill. It’s janky and random and in all honesty not fun.

Ranger is now pretty much a Longbow based class. It’s like Warrior was, but worse, because the Longbow is entirely dominant among all the weapon sets.

Greatsword attacks remain pitifully weak (when you exclude cheese might swapping or cheesy cooldown stacking like Signet of the Hunt +Signet of the Wild).

Mainhand Axe does pretty wretched power based damage, and Bleeding damage was just nerfed by 20% in the condi damage patch. Unlike necromancer scepter or Axe, we’ve received entirely no compensation for this.

Shortbow is now officially one of the worst weapons in the game. Seriously, try killing an Elementalist or Warrior or Thief or Mesmer or anything with Shortbow as a condi Ranger. It’s also incredibly poorly designed with the entire bulk of damage residing in #2 and the autoattack.

Today we got a buff to Warhorn 5, but not Warhorn 4 which is the skill everyone has been saying needs to be changed for YEARS.

And finally (I’m not gonna even discuss OH Axe at this point), we are still stuck with a dysfunctional sword autoattack that locks us in place. Imagine if Mesmer or Thief sword autos stuck them in place… I wonder how long ago it would have been changed.

Now what I’m worried about is that with this awful Heal as One change (which should be reverted, or have its functionality drastically reduced), Ranger balance has been thrown entirely out of whack and we’ll start seeing weird nerfs because of it.

I do appreciate that the devs are trying to bring Ranger back into the PvP meta, but buffs like this go about it the wrong way.

Also, what they did to Spirits is truly a shame, because the utility was entirely balanced in PvP and WvW roaming, seeing some use, but not over represented. They took that and destroyed it entirely.

Ranger//Necro

in Ranger

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

While I agree with you for PvP, I really think buffs like this are what ranger needs to bring its DPS up to where ele and thief is in PvE. The quickness + 25 might achievable from this buff really beefs up ranger DPS in dungeons and fractals to a level where I actually feel like I’m contributing to the group damage wise.

in Ranger

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

While I agree with you for PvP, I really think buffs like this are what ranger needs to bring its DPS up to where ele and thief is in PvE. The quickness + 25 might achievable from this buff really beefs up ranger DPS in dungeons and fractals to a level where I actually feel like I’m contributing to the group damage wise.

If it takes that much for you to feel like you’re contributing, then the OP is correct in that we need weapon buffs, not this gimmick.

in Ranger

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I view the We Heal as One changes as a PvE change, specifically to allow Ranger to share boons that the melee ball around the boss gets, while at max LB range. I think this because Anet is trying to change the exclusion factors in instanced grouping. It may be that they’re thinking this will make Ranger wanted more in raids while preserving the LB preference that many ranger players seem to have.

Even so, tying that kind of functionality to a heal, one of four, is a poor decision imo. Any skill that offers that kind of benefit over and above its normal use risks a severe balance issue. I guess we’ll see how ubiquitous use of WHAO becomes.

in Ranger

Posted by: Vox Hollow.2736

Vox Hollow.2736

I think what makes me fine with this (beyond what everybody else has been saying), is:

The counterplay is highly highly accessible.

Buffing specs usually have a counterplay of ‘have boon stripping/the opposite debuff’ which is pretty build and sometimes class specific. In this case, it’s: ‘put pressure on pet’.

The longstanding complaint of our class mechanic is it’s inability to hold up under even accidental pressure, just imagine when people actually start doing it on purpose. I can’t say I’m super worried here.

You can get higher in the silverwastes with the boons you get during the vinewrath event for some reason.

^ that, however, seems like a straight-up bug. It seems like boons should hardcap the same everywhere.

(edited by Vox Hollow.2736)

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I wrote pretty much exactly what you said in the OP, in the balance and druid feedback threads. so I hope Irenio will pass that on to the team .

indeed the main problem with the ranger is its weak foundation: weak and poorly designed weapons, weak utilities, and ultimately, no vision for the profession. for the longest time, the ranger didn’t feel like anything. now, LB/GS feels pretty good, druid will have a feel to it. staff seems solid. but we remain stuck with all these crappy weapons and utilities that have barely been touched since release: sword, OH axe, WH, SB, shouts, and of course a lot of our pets.

I hope the next patch deals with some of this stuff.

in Ranger

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

There has been counterplay for every OP build that has ever been in game. Yet they all have been nerfed to pieces. This needs nerfing too.

in Ranger

Posted by: Solandri.9640

Solandri.9640

Why ranger community do not allow themselves to have nice things is beyond me.

Ikr.

Looking at all the Warriors, Thieves, Ele, Guardians, Mesmers crying how UP they are all the time makes you think Ranger community seem to have this sense of inferiority on themselves, that they can’t accept nice things :P

Those professions have been powerful for so long, their community is full of min/maxers who want to be as powerful as they can.

Ranger has been kitten for so long, its community is full of masochists and realists who are more interested in game balance than being OPed.

I agree, the might stacking was much needed since rangers had terrible time stacking might….

Yeah, after seeing the effectiveness of might stacking, one of the big problems with ranger is lack of access to it. I don’t think this is the right way to fix that though.

but they will probably end up nerfing the quickness…unless anet intended to make sure one class has more access and uptime to quickness than any other class lol

Before the quickness nerf, ranger had the most access to quickness. With the nerf, ranger got hit the hardest. They never adjusted ranger DPS up to compensate. (Some of it was given back when they made quickness on pet swap baseline with BM.)

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/ranger/Effect-of-quickness-nerf-on-class-DPS/first#post1706641

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

There has been counterplay for every OP build that has ever been in game. Yet they all have been nerfed to pieces. This needs nerfing too.

And this one has so many counterplay and glaring weaknesses.

Lack of condition removal, in addition to wasting heal and condition removal/ stunbreak just for boons.

Add that to the fact that one chill will literally destroy this build.

Add that one corrupt boon / boon steal completely destroy this build.

Add that this build doesn’t give those crazy buffs to allies unlike all the blast finisher and quickness spam from Ele and Guardians.

And ppl are crying OP just because they never bother to try any of those and got pwned because they’re not used to fighting new builds..

Sigh…

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I recall seeing plenty of feedback about We Heal as One being lackluster and boring. So I don’t think its fair to say that it was completely unwanted / not listening to Ranger feedback to change it and give it a secondary functionality.

Obviously there’s a lot more stuff to change (which I’m pretty sure Irenio outright stated as being the case) but its not all going to happen overnight.

Also, I haven’t seen too much happiness over the weapon changes from Necros either. Most of what I’ve seen has pointed towards the Scepter changes being a wash (due to the trait nerf that went along with it, as well as a baffling nerf to life force generation when what it needed and necros have been asking for is more LF on Scepter) with the exception of frontloading the damage a bit more, and Axe still lacking on damage and especially utility.

in Ranger

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

You’re just blindly defending a clearly broken thing because it allows you to practically one-shot people without much thought or effort.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

You’re just blindly defending a clearly broken thing because it allows you to practically one-shot people without much thought or effort.

What’s broken about it? There are plenty of classes that can boon stack without making themselves so vulnerable. All you are doing is spamming “It’s broken” in every thread you can without explaining why.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Do what others and I have done: Test this out in a match or even go as far as doing it in open-world. You’ll soon find out by testing it first-hand in practical situations that this is niche, not broken.

Irenio also stated during TwitchCon that he felt that Rangers needed more niche builds, and this change makes one of them.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

This patch has been great for us. What the hell are you complaining about? The more I listen to people the more I realize that they will complain every time their favorite build is nerfed or not buffed.

They have:
- significantly buffed warhorn 5
- significantly buffed spirits
- made pet conditions not worthless and damage wise on par with players
- made boon stacking builds possible

And most importantly:
- they have made an entire utility group usable as a core for a build.
- gave us meaningful positive interaction with the pet

WS builds were so dominant that it was fairly hard to justify using anything else other then RaO and the Allies aid trait as far as shouts were concerned. The HaO changed gave us a reason to use Protect me as well. Whether protection stacking is OP or not we have yet to see.

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

the entire WH is basically for stacking might, it does no damage. sword does no damage, MH axe does no damage. we have all these boons on a rotten foundation of a prof. LB and GS are virtually the only weapons that scale ok with power.

spirits cant ever change the outcome of a fight. they get one-shot, boons are weak, actives just don’t do much.

condi on pets – great when they land their f2’s on something

whats the point of slotting guard if you cant do any damage, cleanse condis, or stunbreak as a result? we have more than enough prot without using it.

meanwhile d/d eles are still destroying everyone in high pvp brackets.

in Ranger

Posted by: NapTooN.6283

NapTooN.6283

the entire WH is basically for stacking might, it does no damage. sword does no damage, MH axe does no damage. we have all these boons on a rotten foundation of a prof. LB and GS are virtually the only weapons that scale ok with power.

spirits cant ever change the outcome of a fight. they get one-shot, boons are weak, actives just don’t do much.

condi on pets – great when they land their f2’s on something

whats the point of slotting guard if you cant do any damage, cleanse condis, or stunbreak as a result? we have more than enough prot without using it.

meanwhile d/d eles are still destroying everyone in high pvp brackets.

Storm Spirit was buffed. It now gives 3 Stacks of Vuln on hit to up to 5 People, that is 15 Stacks just from it’s passive instead of useless Swiftness. It’s active finally works with MoC and a 6s AoE Daze is definately not “not that much”.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Yep, especially since the spirits passive remains for a few seconds after the active use, so you can actually summon it and use it right away, and the spirit will still proc its passive

in Ranger

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

Called it right after twitchcon, I guess I am right

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

in Ranger

Posted by: Sina.9208

Sina.9208

Self stacking might in any shape or form is pretty much useless in dungeons, even below average pugs run PS wars & sometimes blast fire fields. War is one of the most popular classes in the game, the odds of not having one in a dungeon are low to begin with.

The quickness is obviously more interesting & cheesy, but in the current state of affairs it doesn’t do much either.

The pet change is nice, storm spirit will also see some use now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Although I’m not entirely unhappy with today’s Ranger buffs (and the Taunt fix which was totally called for), changes like what happened to Heal as One tells me that Arenanet continues to not listen to actual Ranger feedback.

The kind of buffs we needed were the kind of buffs Necromancer got: good buffs to weak weapon sets and utilities.

We’ve seen Arenanet leave specific weaponsets at meta-breaking levels of imbalance for YEARS (take a look at Hambow or D/D ele) and this imo is the #1 cause of stale meta feeling. I hate to see this happening to the Ranger, which although weak during the Cele Ele/Engineer meta, was still well balanced internally.

We don’t need some weird insane might stack + perma quickness tied around a heal skill. It’s janky and random and in all honesty not fun.

Ranger is now pretty much a Longbow based class. It’s like Warrior was, but worse, because the Longbow is entirely dominant among all the weapon sets.

Greatsword attacks remain pitifully weak (when you exclude cheese might swapping or cheesy cooldown stacking like Signet of the Hunt +Signet of the Wild).

Mainhand Axe does pretty wretched power based damage, and Bleeding damage was just nerfed by 20% in the condi damage patch. Unlike necromancer scepter or Axe, we’ve received entirely no compensation for this.

Shortbow is now officially one of the worst weapons in the game. Seriously, try killing an Elementalist or Warrior or Thief or Mesmer or anything with Shortbow as a condi Ranger. It’s also incredibly poorly designed with the entire bulk of damage residing in #2 and the autoattack.

Today we got a buff to Warhorn 5, but not Warhorn 4 which is the skill everyone has been saying needs to be changed for YEARS.

And finally (I’m not gonna even discuss OH Axe at this point), we are still stuck with a dysfunctional sword autoattack that locks us in place. Imagine if Mesmer or Thief sword autos stuck them in place… I wonder how long ago it would have been changed.

Now what I’m worried about is that with this awful Heal as One change (which should be reverted, or have its functionality drastically reduced), Ranger balance has been thrown entirely out of whack and we’ll start seeing weird nerfs because of it.

I do appreciate that the devs are trying to bring Ranger back into the PvP meta, but buffs like this go about it the wrong way.

Also, what they did to Spirits is truly a shame, because the utility was entirely balanced in PvP and WvW roaming, seeing some use, but not over represented. They took that and destroyed it entirely.

Shortbow wasnt nerfed was it?

in Ranger

Posted by: deda.8302

deda.8302

Ah try that build on wr in PvP and you will get buried in a second,reflect -inv-stab all the while you are without a heal and just watch hp bar plumet to 0.

When you think of it every single class has a counter to this so i dont get an OP thing at all,at the end u SACRIFICED your survivability for some extra dmg not that you have it all.

Pets are super stupid and die fast in anything beyond 1v1,no condi removl since you put ALL utilities and heal on cd for boons,so good luck lasting more than 1 kill in PvP…

This will end as taunt complaint(nerfed) ,by ppl who dont know how to cleanse condi and swap target.
By definition taunt forces a player or npc to attack it, in any gameat least in 90% of games i played so far taunt was unblockable following a logic it forces somthing upon you.You are not in any way limited on your actions ,only goaded to attack differnet target.
It is /was anoying but in no way OP.
same story again with Ha1

(edited by deda.8302)