Traits shown in the 04/24 AMA typed out

in Ranger

Posted by: Unspecified.9142

Unspecified.9142

I did this partly for myself and partly to help good discussion in the forums about what is good and what isn’t. I think we’d all like the ranger to actually get to a good place after this.

Marksmanship

Minor:
Adept – Opening Strike: 5 Stacks of Vulnerability.
Master – Alpha Training: Pets have Opening Strike.
Grandmaster – Precise Strikes: Opening Strikes always critical hits.

Major:
Adept
- Enlargement: Use Signet of the Wild [50% move speed increase (8s), 25% damage increase (8s), 5 stacks of stability (8s)] when your health drops below the threshold (25%).
- Predator’s Instinct: Apply cripple (10s) to foes you hit while they are below the health threshold (50%) 30s CD.
- Beastmaster’s Bond: Cast Call of the Wild when you swap pets (In combat) [750 radius, Blast finisher. Gives Fury, Might, Swiftness 15s each. 30s CD]

Master
- Beastmaster’s Might: Activating a Signet refreshes your opening strike and grants might (3 stacks, 15s) to you and your pet. Signets recharge faster (20s).
- Steady Focus: Damage is increased while endurance is full (10%)
- Moment of Clarity: Gain an attack of opportunity (150% damage on next attack) for you and your pet on interrupting a foe. Daze and stun durations you inflict last longer (100% duration).

Grandmaster
- Predator’s Onslaught: You and your pet deal bonus damage (10%) to enemies suffering from movement impairing conditions (cripple, chill, immobilize) or are dazed/stunned.
- Remorseless: Regain Opening Strike whenever you gain Fury. Opening Strike deals more damage (25%)
- Lead the Wind: While wielding a Longbow your attack speed is increased (10%) and your arrows pierce (5 targets). Longbow skills recharge faster (20%).

Skirmishing

Minor
Adept – Tail Wind: Gain Swiftness (5s) when swapping weapons in combat (9s CD)
Master – Furious Grip: Gain Fury (5s) when swapping weapons in combat (9s CD)
Grandmaster – Hunter’s Tactics: Deal more damage (10%) while attacking from behind or the side.

Major
Adept
- Sharpened Edges: You and your pet have a chance (66%) to cause bleeding (3s) on critical hits.
- Most Dangerous Game: While your health is below the threshold (50%) your attacks gain power (3 stacks of might 6s duration applied at 3s intervals). (may become grandmaster)
- Trapper’s Defense: Creates a Spike Trap while reviving an ally.

Master
- Primal Reflexes: When you successfully evade an attack grain Vigor (5s) (10s CD)
- Spotter: Increase Precision (150) of nearby allies. 600 radius, 3s interval application, 9s duration.
- Trapper’s Expertise: Conditions cause by traps last longer (100% duration). Your traps recharge faster (20%) and affect a larger area (60 radius). (may become adept)

Grandmaster
- Quick Draw: When you swap weapons your next weapon skill used recharges faster (66%) (9s CD)
- Light On Your Feet: Damage (10%) and condition duration (10%) is increased while moving. Shortbow skills recharge faster (20%) and your arrows pierce (5 targets). (may become master).
- Strider’s Defense: Chance (50%) to destroy projectiles while executing a melee attack. Sword skills recharge faster (20%) and you deal more damage while wielding a sword (10%)

Wilderness Survival

Minor
Adept – Natural Vigor: Increases endurance regeneration (25%)
Master – Companion’s Defense: You and your pet gain protection (2.25s) when you dodge roll.
Grandmaster – Bark Skin: You and your pet take less damage (50%) while your health is above the threshold (90%).

Major
Adept
- Soften the Fall: Create Muddy Terrain when you take falling damage. You take less damage (50%) from falling. (25s CD)
- Ambidexterity: Gain condition damage (150) while wielding a torch or dagger. Torch and Dagger skills recharge faster (20%)
- Expertise Training: Pets deal extra condition damage (350) and have their condition duration increased (20%).

Master
- Oakheart Salve: Gain regeneration (5s) when you suffer from bleeding, poison, or burning (10s CD). While you have regeneration you take reduced damage (5% less).
- Peak Strength: You and your pet deal more damage (10%) while your health is above the threshold (90%)
- Shared Anguish: Incoming disabling conditions are transferred to your pet instead (60s CD)

Grandmaster
- Empathic Bond: Pets periodically (10s) take conditions (3) from you.
- Wilderness Knowledge: Use Sharpening Stone (45s CD) when you strike a foe below the health threshold (75%). Survival skills have reduced recharge (20%) and remove conditions (2). (They also give Fury (6s) but the tooltip didn’t say that in the description)
- Poison Master: After swapping pets your pet’s first attack will inflict poison (2 stacks), your poison damage is increased (50%).

Continued below….

in Ranger

Unspecified.9142

Nature Magic
(Boon durations shown as Xs/Ys, where X is the base duration and Y is the duration with Lingering Magic)

Minor
Adept – Rejuvenation: Gain regeneration (5s/6s) when your health drops below the threshold (75%). (30s CD)
Master – Fortifying Bond: Any boon you get is shared with your pet.
Grandmaster – Lingering Magic: Boons applied by you (20%) and your pet (50%) last longer.

Major
Adept
- Bountiful Hunter: You and your pet deal more damage per boon you (1% per boon).
- Nature’s Wrath: Gain Power based on your healing (10%). Your pet gains extra stats (?).
- Healer’s Celerity: Grant swiftness (15s/18s) to yourself and your ally when you revive them. Increased revive speed.

Master
- Evasive Purity: Dodging removes Blindness, Cripple, and Poison from you. (10s CD)
- Vigorous Training: Pets grant vigor (5s/6s) to nearby (600 radius) allies when you swap pets.
- Windborne Notes: Call of the Wild also grants Regeneration (15s/18s) and warhorn skills recharge faster (20%)

Grandmaster
- Nature’s Vengeance: Activated skills of Spirits are larger (120 radius) and trigger when the spirit is killed.
- Protective Ward: When you receive damage nearby foes (240 radius) are weakened (6s) and you gain protection (6.6s/8s). (12s CD) (John kept saying “pet gains protection”?)
- Invigorating Bond: Your pet heals (1,518) allies in an area (360 radius) when executing an F2 ability. (20s CD)

Beastmastery

Minor
Adept – Instinctual Bond: When you are downed your pet gains quickness (5s). (50s CD)
Master – Loud Whistle: Reduces recharge (20%) on pet skills and swapping.
Grandmaster – Pets Prowess: Pets move faster (30%) and deal more damage on critical hit (Ferocity 450).

Major
Adept
- Companion’s Might: Your critical hits grant might (5s) to your pet
- Rending Attacks: Pet inflict bleeding (6s) when they critically hit with their basic attacks.
- Resounding Timber: Shouts apply regeneration (10s) and swiftness (10s) to allies (360 radius). Reduces recharge on shouts (20%)

Master
- Wilting Strike: Activated attack abilities for pets cause weakness (4s). This effect will occur once on each target affected by abilities.
- Two-Handed Training: Greatsword and spear damage is increased (5%) and those skills recharge faster (20%). Greatsword and spear attacks have a chance (50%) to grant fury (3s) on hit. (10s CD)
- Natural Healing: Your pet gains natural health regeneration (125 per second) and improved healing (350).

Grandmaster
- Beastly Warden: Your pet taunts foes near them when executing a command (F2) ability. (15s CD)
- Zephyr’s Speed: You and your pet gain might (3 stacks, 15s) and quickness (3s) when you swap pets.
- Honed Axes: Gain Ferocity (150) while wielding an axe in your main hand. Winter’s Bite is now AoE. Axe skills recharge faster (20%).

in Ranger

Unspecified.9142

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I only have a few complaints to be honest… First and foremost, god kitten it anet, now I don’t know what trait setup i’m going to be using. Secondly, I want EVERY grandmaster BM trait and can’t have them all…. I can’t even explain how much this makes me sad…

And Thirdly, why do thieves get THE BEST implementation of a fall damage trait where everyone else gets a shaft? Their fall damage trait can be procced through their steal mechanic AND from fall damage, this makes the trait a legit option and actually very viable. However, every other prof (with the exception of i believe necro whose fall damage trait also reduces CDs of a utility type) are stuck with the same old problem they have now. “No cliffs to jump off of mid fight? whelp, this trait will be useless!”

If they can fix that though I wont have any -real- complaints.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

+ Protective Ward+: When you receive damage nearby foes (240 radius) are weakened (6s) and you gain protection (6.6s/8s). (12s CD) (John kept saying “pet gains protection”?)

I doubt they’ll let us to get away with near perma protection. The weakness is strong enough, its more likely pet gains protection.

in Ranger

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

it was a typo. i believe the prot goes to the pet. it would be OP on us. this is indeed an awesome ability. kills the thief opener on them glassbows.

in Ranger

Posted by: Toxsa.2701

Toxsa.2701

I really don’t understand why greatsword trait needs to be put into pet trait, but overall I really like the Longbow and Shortbow merged traits. However, I think too many stuffs are jammed into that survival trait line.

Also, I heard they’re going to take away the stat bonus from traits, and compensate those lost stats on gears. However, what I concern about is actually the pet stats on the respective pet traitline. Do they increase the overall stats of all pets to compensate the stat lost from pet trait? If that’s the case, I think it’s a great change to actually increase pet’s effectiveness without sacrificing traits to do so.

I also find out the “increase arrow velocity” function has gone missing from the read the wind trait, so does that mean it will become Longbow’s default flying speed? If not, this will totally mess up Longbow. I hope Anet will consider it.

I really hope an official staff would address this question for me.

(edited by Toxsa.2701)

in Ranger

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Also, I heard they’re going to take away the stat bonus from traits, and compensate those lost stats on gears. However, what I concern about is actually the pet stats on the respective pet traitline. Do they increase the overall stats of all pets to compensate the stat lost from pet trait? If that’s the case, I think it’s a great change to actually increase pet’s effectiveness without sacrificing traits to do so.

I also find out the “increase arrow velocity” function has gone missing from the read the wind trait, so does that mean it will become Longbow’s default flying speed? If not, this will totally mess up Longbow. I hope Anet will consider it.

I really hope an official staff would address this question for me.

1. They didn’t talk about pet stats, but one trait (Nature Magic Adept Major: Nature’s Wrath) says it boosts pet stats. It’s unknown by how much though.

2. They confirmed that Read the Wind velocity is now baseline on Longbow.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Just a heads up, they’ve mentioned several times how HALF of the pet mechanic stat will be made baseline and the other half will be gotten from choosing the appropriate tree as a specialization.

This means that you’ll get 150 of each pet stat baseline, and the other 150 will be gotten when you choose beast mastery as one of your 3 specializations.

in Ranger

Posted by: kiwituatara.6053

kiwituatara.6053

Just a heads up, they’ve mentioned several times how HALF of the pet mechanic stat will be made baseline and the other half will be gotten from choosing the appropriate tree as a specialization.

This means that you’ll get 150 of each pet stat baseline, and the other 150 will be gotten when you choose beast mastery as one of your 3 specializations.

Eh? I think you’ve confused me a little more. Could you give an example?

Current Wolf
Power 1718
Precision 1374
Toughness 2061
Vitality 2061
Secondary stats: 0

Primary stat boosts: +50 per BM trait
Secondary stat boosts: specific traits

Future Wolf ????

in Ranger

Posted by: Manekk.6981

Manekk.6981

I just couldn’t take my eyes off of this:

- Beastmaster’s Bond: Cast Call of the Wild when you swap pets (In combat) [750 radius, Blast finisher. Gives Fury, Might, Swiftness 15s each. 30s CD]

- Windborne Notes: Call of the Wild also grants Regeneration (15s/18s) and warhorn skills recharge faster (20%)

permanent swiftness, fury, regeneration and might and double blast finishers instantly while in combat :o

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Eh? I think you’ve confused me a little more. Could you give an example?

Current Wolf
Power 1718
Precision 1374
Toughness 2061
Vitality 2061
Secondary stats: 0

Primary stat boosts: +50 per BM trait
Secondary stat boosts: specific traits

Future Wolf ????

Ok so atm when you spend points in BM you get 50 puts per point to a max of 300. After the patch hits EVERY profession gets half their prof stat baseline, this means we’d be get 3pts worth of the BM stat without any trait investment.

So baseline a wolf would have 1868 power, 1524 precision, 2211 toughness and 2211 vitality and 0 secondary stats (still based on traits). This is a flat out buff to ALL pets baseline.

Then if you choose Beast Mastery as one of your specializations all your pets will gain the additional 3pts worth of stats they would have gotten for going 6pts into BM. So it’d be 2018 power, 1674 precision, 2361 toughness and 2351 vitality.

Make sense?