Posted by: NakNak.5840

NakNak.5840

Sure you have the time to “test” it?

Fixing a tooltip shouldn’t be that complicated

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Stormleaf.1769

Stormleaf.1769

Stormleaf, I sincerely hope you never work in customer service.

I agree. It’s pretty easy to see that I’d be terrible at it! =)

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Redrumickey.9672

Redrumickey.9672

Stormleaf.1769: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx had to cover all the names I just called you.

Happy customer make you money- unhappy customers makes someone else money. So you do the math where do you think money going.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Eolirin.1830

Eolirin.1830

Jon never said that all of the fixes to ranger would be in this build; just that there were ranger fixes coming, and that he was aware of the problem areas with the class. No one was lied to.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Arsenic Touch.7960

Arsenic Touch.7960

Jon never said that all of the fixes to ranger would be in this build; just that there were ranger fixes coming, and that he was aware of the problem areas with the class. No one was lied to.

Take a gander at the first post where Jon posted.

I’ll quote the very important part to you, just in case you missed it.

there are some bugs being fixed and quality of life improvements coming in the next patch, as well as some other significant ranger improvements.

So where are these “improvements”? what about what he said was even remotely applied to what we actually got?

Is it better to out-monster the monster or to be quietly devoured?

Dragonbrand – Level 80 – Human Ranger

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Eolirin.1830

Eolirin.1830

Take a gander at the first post where Jon posted.

I’ll quote the very important part to you, just in case you missed it.

there are some bugs being fixed and quality of life improvements coming in the next patch, as well as some other significant ranger improvements.

So where are these “improvements”? what about what he said was even remotely applied to what we actually got?

Those are two statements: “there are some bugs being fixed and quality of life improvements coming in the next patch” Which is what got patched in. Additionally, there are some significant ranger improvements being worked on. Those are clearly not done yet.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Irie.7149

Irie.7149

Question I really want to ask about the traps is… what exactly will the bug fix be?

1. The bug was actually the cooldown, and fix will restore it back to normal?
2. Are the cooldowns actually intended to be longer, but they bugged up the two trap traits so the bug fix will so that Trap Potency and Trapper’s Expertise will work as intended? i.e. still longer cooldowns…

Some of you are saying yay, they admitted that its a bug, now stop whining. But those are two very different things and we do’t know which one they will fix…

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: garethh.3518

garethh.3518

If that’s true, that single nerf is 100x worse than any buffs we got.

You mean like how they made the useless greatsword deal a lil more dmg on a terrible ability??
Or making spirits, those things where half the traits don’t work, yet die all the time, proc a lil more??
Oh oh or that time that they fixed the sounds on healing spring??
Or that time they said they fixed lick wounds over a month ago??
(seriously I can’t find anything I would call a buff to the class)

And I thought I would get a chance to dump LoL for a bit since it is a terrible game to start out in…
Guess not…

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: ykon.8214

ykon.8214

So After the bug fix :

“Ranger Traps: These skills now state the correct duration of 30 seconds.”

Venom Lilith , Necromancer , SFR

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

garethh.3518

Question I really want to ask about the traps is… what exactly will the bug fix be?

1. The bug was actually the cooldown, and fix will restore it back to normal?
2. Are the cooldowns actually intended to be longer, but they bugged up the two trap traits so the bug fix will so that Trap Potency and Trapper’s Expertise will work as intended? i.e. still longer cooldowns…

Some of you are saying yay, they admitted that its a bug, now stop whining. But those are two very different things and we do’t know which one they will fix…

Yeaah in the patch notes they didn’t even say they were touching anything related to traps…

What gets me is, how did the bug even come to happen then???
Such a joke…

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

garethh.3518

So After the bug fix :

“Ranger Traps: These skills now state the correct duration of 30 seconds.”

And i thought they were content with just betch slapping all our weapons into oblivion…

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Shilian.5873

Shilian.5873

Playing a warrior, Valkyrie/Knight setup, he does more damage than my ranger full berserker and my pet together.

running with 24k hp 2k toughness vs 15k hp and 900 toughness of my ranger.

Good Luck.
May the farce be with you.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: LaughingLoser.9806

LaughingLoser.9806

People rage and whine about a “stealth nerf” without even pausing to think for a moment it might be a bug, it’s then confirmed as a bug that will be fixed the same night that it’s introduced, and people respond with yet more irrational insults. You just refuse to give ArenaNet even a drop of respect, don’t you?

Stop behaving like irrational brats just because you didn’t get every single buff you dreamed of in one patch. ArenaNet doesn’t deserve this kind of grief, regardless of what you all think.

^ This. I’m sure none of you have ever unintentionally oopsed anything up in your life.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

garethh.3518

People rage and whine about a “stealth nerf” without even pausing to think for a moment it might be a bug, it’s then confirmed as a bug that will be fixed the same night that it’s introduced, and people respond with yet more irrational insults. You just refuse to give ArenaNet even a drop of respect, don’t you?

Stop behaving like irrational brats just because you didn’t get every single buff you dreamed of in one patch. ArenaNet doesn’t deserve this kind of grief, regardless of what you all think.

^ This. I’m sure none of you have ever unintentionally oopsed anything up in your life.

Oh noes, by omitting every detail somebody can make it seem like complaining isn’t justified…
You do realize they did the same thing with shortbow and then called it intended?
They haven’t posted a single thing about where they see the ranger as and where they want it to be… leaving us entirely in the dark about the class.
Then when the patch came around, they focused their buffs on f*ing water combat and beating down the only viable spec..

Ok, ok roll back a month, they announced that they were delaying updates on only rangers because they wanted to test out the changes a bit longer, implying the changes were large in impact… few rangers were making it into tourny play and they were becoming less and less popular in it as people started getting strats down and whatnot, so it made sense.
The combination of no one having any idea where the devs thought the class was and general uselessness of the class left people looking towards a big change.
But when those changes came around to being perfected… they focused on buffing f*ing water combat…. ignoring quite literally next to every problem people have been posting about here since launch and, hopefully mistakenly, adding in a 100%-20% CD increase on all traps (nailing to the ground pretty much the only working ranger spec atm).

That is just terrible work.
Every part of that is just, utterly, terribly played out.

WAR grade.
And that’s far from a compliment.

(edited by garethh.3518)

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Deleven.7508

Deleven.7508

aaaaand the traps are back to normal
thanks Anet

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: YumCHA.8706

YumCHA.8706

Don’t thank them yet. We’re still back to square one. The core issues concerning the ranger profession is still untouched.

Rangetastic, 80 Ranger | Archers United [ARC]
Sea of Sorrows

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Deleven.7508

Deleven.7508

no, they hotfixed a ranger bug, this is worthy of thanks

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

Don’t thank them yet. We’re still back to square one. The core issues concerning the ranger profession is still untouched.

After this kittentorm, I’ll take anything I can get.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Thanks for restoring my ranger from “Useless” to “Somewhat Less Useless”.
I’ll go back to avoiding bunker eles and mesmers in WvW now.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

Hey all, we are aware of the bug with Ranger traps. A fix is slated for to take care of this bug tonight.

So are you guys starting to call “class balance mistakes” “bugs” now? Interesting way of putting it…

Let’s see:

It wasn’t announced.
The tooltip doesn’t reflect it.
They clearly stated it was unintentional and intend to fix it TONIGHT.

It’s a bug.

Which means they didnt test it. After that ranger update, I can almost guarantee none at Anet plays Ranger. After the Shortbow “animation fix”, it broke QZ which can be seen in less than 10 seconds of testing. And again with this, just use a trap and BAM! Bug found! Was it That hard?

Plus why is it even broken to begin with? There were no changes made to traps at all so the coding should have been the same.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

Oh noes, by omitting every detail somebody can make it seem like complaining isn’t justified…
You do realize they did the same thing with shortbow and then called it intended?
They haven’t posted a single thing about where they see the ranger as and where they want it to be… leaving us entirely in the dark about the class.
Then when the patch came around, they focused their buffs on f*ing water combat and beating down the only viable spec..

Ok, ok roll back a month, they announced that they were delaying updates on only rangers because they wanted to test out the changes a bit longer, implying the changes were large in impact… few rangers were making it into tourny play and they were becoming less and less popular in it as people started getting strats down and whatnot, so it made sense.
The combination of no one having any idea where the devs thought the class was and general uselessness of the class left people looking towards a big change.
But when those changes came around to being perfected… they focused on buffing f*ing water combat…. ignoring quite literally next to every problem people have been posting about here since launch and, hopefully mistakenly, adding in a 100%-20% CD increase on all traps (nailing to the ground pretty much the only working ranger spec atm).

That is just terrible work.
Every part of that is just, utterly, terribly played out.

WAR grade.
And that’s far from a compliment.

Took every word out of my mouth. If this was the intended patch for us, it could have easily been applied back at the halloween patch. This stuff doesnt warrant us waiting longer than the other class.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: The Spiral King.2483

The Spiral King.2483

Oh, you don’t have to worry about avoiding those pesky bunker eles anymore. Anet went ahead and gave them a healthy dose of “Ranger love.”

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

All they did was fix a glitch that they caused and would have been easily detected before the patch ever went live if they ever actually played the Ranger class.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Ben K.6238

Ben K.6238

It could be something planned for later when traps (hopefully) aren’t one of the main things a ranger can do well. Flame Trap recharge is so short it’s an obvious skill to take – it could do with being dialled back a little, if only there was anything else that was a useful substitute.

It would bring everything else into line, recharge-wise, with Frost Trap… but that only has any merit where the 66% reduced recharge is going to be helpful (i.e. not PvE). Otherwise Spike Trap does much the same with damage on top.

(edited by Ben K.6238)

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Ursan.7846

Ursan.7846

All they did was fix a glitch that they caused and would have been easily detected before the patch ever went live if they ever actually played the Ranger class.

How would you know a bug like this is easily detected? They didn’t change anything about traps in the patch, so I don’t think they really had a reason to test it. Unless you expect them to test every single aspect of a class anytime a small change has been made? That’s impractical.

Also just because you play a ranger doesn’t mean you immediately notice the bug. Heck I play a ranger and I didn’t notice it until I saw the forum post.

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Maniac.5163

Maniac.5163

Oh, you don’t have to worry about avoiding those pesky bunker eles anymore. Anet went ahead and gave them a healthy dose of “Ranger love.”

I doubt it. Just not able to use a staff and dodge into fields for 25 stacks of might and massive AOE heals, and making tornado act like everyone elses elite transform. Most d/d bunker ele’s I know are totally unaffected and never even had 30 in Arcana..

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Ninja bug – followed by quick fix.

What is that? A kind of tactic to show you’re on top of the problems? HAHAHAH joke

Traps stealth nerfed

in Ranger

Posted by: YumCHA.8706

YumCHA.8706

An assurance to us that they ‘actually’ fixed something, which wasn’t broken in the first place. Yet somehow bugged. I’m not buying it.
Besides. We’re back at the start with…. guess what. Nothing.

Greatsword tweak? Your still screwed at melee range.
Underwater fix? Did we ask for an underwater fix? No.
Spirit proc rate increased? lolwut. That doesn’t justify their survivability to begin with.Their HP is the main problem…. sigh.

If Ranger’s do not get an overhaul in the next couple weeks (not even, atleast the next couple days), My faith and trust towards this company will vanish.

/inb4 infraction.

Rangetastic, 80 Ranger | Archers United [ARC]
Sea of Sorrows

(edited by YumCHA.8706)