Update on pet traits

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Posted by: skittlebob.4850

skittlebob.4850

Hey guys, I have a few questions about pet damage and traits affecting pets. First, the traits that give 30% more critical damage to pets and the trait that gives pets 30% more speed, do these actually work?

Finally, I’ve seen videos of ranger pets critting for 4k, but I cant seem to get that amount even with 30 BM and using a bird. How do you maximize pet damage?

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Posted by: AlexRD.7914

AlexRD.7914

Might from rampage as one probably.

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Torguish.4786

Torguish.4786

Might from rampage as one probably.

and 25 stacks of vuln, my wolfs leap dealt a 5k crit :P

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

skittlebob.4850

Yea I was thinking of RaO too. How about the traits?

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Rocklin.4106

Rocklin.4106

Finally, I’ve seen videos of ranger pets critting for 4k, but I cant seem to get that amount even with 30 BM and using a bird. How do you maximize pet damage?

get lvl 80 :/

if you are already, than i think you havnt even looked into any of the skills to maximize its dmg or looked into the pets skills …

but a friendly Protip: Pet’s tooltips are sometimes horribly wrong, you have to test them out individually and ravens are by far the strongest birds, their F2’s deal about twice as much dmg than the other birds.

Personal record was 14k on a raven F2 attack (not showing as 14k as its an attack that hits twice, but it was about 7.5k+6.5k)

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Posted by: typingofthedead.5614

typingofthedead.5614

Hey guys, I have a few questions about pet damage and traits affecting pets. First, the traits that give 30% more critical damage to pets and the trait that gives pets 30% more speed, do these actually work?

the traits definately work. u can see on golems in the mists. one of them walks around, so u can see how your pet is able to keep up with him with it on or off. and the 30% one works as well, u can test with the jaguar (all his hits from stealth are crits)

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

30% more critical damage works.

30% faster runspeed – nah, not really.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

skittlebob.4850

Also, are pets suppose to proc sigils on crit? Or is this a bug?

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

30% speed works, ive tested it last night. It doesnt stack with sigil of hunt or swiftness but if you have only pet 30% speed you can notice your pet moves faster!

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Posted by: PsionicDingo.2065

PsionicDingo.2065

30% speed works, ive tested it last night. It doesnt stack with sigil of hunt or swiftness but if you have only pet 30% speed you can notice your pet moves faster!

Correct to my experience.

My psychic knife. The focused totality of my psychic powers.

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Posted by: OGDeadHead.8326

OGDeadHead.8326

It moves faster, but according to the bug list, it’s not 30% faster but ~14%. May have been fixed at some point that I’m not aware of.

Win10 pro | Xeon 5650 @ 4 GHz | R9 280x toxic | 24 Gig Ram | Process Lasso user

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

if you are already, than i think you havnt even looked into any of the skills to maximize its dmg or looked into the pets skills …

but a friendly Protip: Pet’s tooltips are sometimes horribly wrong, you have to test them out individually and ravens are by far the strongest birds, their F2’s deal about twice as much dmg than the other birds.

Personal record was 14k on a raven F2 attack (not showing as 14k as its an attack that hits twice, but it was about 7.5k+6.5k)

I think that the strongest pet F2 skill is the Rending Barbs of Lashhtail Devourer , Am I right ?

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

(edited by The Demonic Spirit.3157)

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Posted by: kRiza krimos.1637

kRiza krimos.1637

It moves faster, but according to the bug list, it’s not 30% faster but ~14%. May have been fixed at some point that I’m not aware of.

14th dec comes to my mind. =)

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

I think that the strongest pet F2 skill is the Rending Barbs of Lashhtail Devourer , Am I right ?

THE Strongest is the salamander drakes Fire breath, however good luck getting that off in PvP… Highest i’ve hit hit with my salamanders breathe (i was downed and they were attempting to finish me so they didn’t move out of the way) was around 28k or so, granted that’s with 25 masters bond, 25 might and sick’em.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Posted by: The Demonic Spirit.3157

The Demonic Spirit.3157

THE Strongest is the salamander drakes Fire breath, however good luck getting that off in PvP… Highest i’ve hit hit with my salamanders breathe (i was downed and they were attempting to finish me so they didn’t move out of the way) was around 28k or so, granted that’s with 25 masters bond, 25 might and sick’em.

So salamander drake is the strongest amphibious / terrestrial pet , what about the strongest aquatic one The shark ?

All 80es > MM necro is my best ,cleric
guard ,nades eng ,Trap thief \ranger ,signet\shout warrior, zerk mes\ele & shiro rev.

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Leuca.5732

Leuca.5732

So salamander drake is the strongest amphibious / terrestrial pet , what about the strongest aquatic one The shark ?

Blue and Rainbow Jellyfish can easily crit on F2 for more than 5k without might stacks with 30 BM. They provide aoe regeneration with water field and a smoke field to blind their target’s area. They’re just all around fantastic. Red Jellyfish is a viable option if you don’t have access to Rainbow, but its F2 doesn’t do as much damage.

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

skittlebob.4850

But for normal “auto attack” damage, it would still be felines and birds right?

I am annoyed with birds in that they love casting the swiftness buff every time before attacking. I wished the casting animation was wayy shorter.

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Posted by: AlexRD.7914

AlexRD.7914

Yeah haha, they take too much time to attack, i think the swiftness shouldn’t need an animation.

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Posted by: Xsorus.2507

Xsorus.2507

Blue Jellyfish have the best F2 far as damage is concerned..On Land it’d be Raven probably and Jaguar to some extent.

If you just want a high dps pet underwater you have the cats of course, but also the Armored Fish who has much DPS then the Shark…That’s right..You’re thinking “But my sharks damage is amazing”…his actual attacks are just awful……the Armor Fish can constant crit for 2k+ kitten near every hit if you keep fury up… and he’s pretty much impossible to kill underwater.

http://www.youtube.com/user/Xsorus/videos?view=0
Natures Ninja and Pain Inverter – Ranger PvP movies
http://www.twitch.tv/xsorovos

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Blue Jellyfish have the best F2 far as damage is concerned..On Land it’d be Raven probably and Jaguar to some extent.

If you just want a high dps pet underwater you have the cats of course, but also the Armored Fish who has much DPS then the Shark…That’s right..You’re thinking “But my sharks damage is amazing”…his actual attacks are just awful……the Armor Fish can constant crit for 2k+ kitten near every hit if you keep fury up… and he’s pretty much impossible to kill underwater.

Underwater Sharks rein supreme for damage, and on land the Salamander Drakes F2 puts everything else to shame especially once you start buffing it up. You give that shark malice training and those bleeds will SHRED the enemy, plus sharks have THE MOST power out of every pet in the game, there is NO pet that has as much power as they do, so you start buffing their power up more via might or MB and they become a total killing machine.

@Person higher up, auto attack wise, birds and felines do the highest damage, cats don’t have that great of BURST damage but my god do they deal a ton of damage constantly.

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Blue and Rainbow Jellyfish can easily crit on F2 for more than 5k without might stacks with 30 BM. They provide aoe regeneration with water field and a smoke field to blind their target’s area. They’re just all around fantastic. Red Jellyfish is a viable option if you don’t have access to Rainbow, but its F2 doesn’t do as much damage.

I thought rainbow and blue jellyfish were the same, not rainbow and red… and jellyfish are awesome in all the utility they bring, salamander drakes kinda only have 2 attacks they can use atm because they’re bugged still… Underwater their F2 doesn’t deal nearly as much damage so it’s hard to try it since UW and Land are different beasts… but salamander drakes crit for 28k when buffed, they can do 5k no problem (especially when you take into account the 5s of burning), however it is a lot harder to hit with when compared to the jellyfish seeing as how the jelly fish has a full bubble around it where the salamander is a small cone.

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Leuca.5732

Underwater Sharks rein supreme for damage, and on land the Salamander Drakes F2 puts everything else to shame especially once you start buffing it up. You give that shark malice training and those bleeds will SHRED the enemy, plus sharks have THE MOST power out of every pet in the game, there is NO pet that has as much power as they do, so you start buffing their power up more via might or MB and they become a total killing machine.

@Person higher up, auto attack wise, birds and felines do the highest damage, cats don’t have that great of BURST damage but my god do they deal a ton of damage constantly.

Ironically, Armor Fish’s auto attack does more damage even though it has less power. Its F2 is just garbage though.

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Ironically, Armor Fish’s auto attack does more damage even though it has less power. Its F2 is just garbage though.

Sharks auto attack does less than armor fish to compensate for how much damage he does while F2 is active and with his charge.

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

Yea, the Power you get from Sharks is nice till you realize its Auto Attack is awful.

Armor Fish on the other hand, has less power, but its base auto attack hits hard

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Yea, the Power you get from Sharks is nice till you realize its Auto Attack is awful.

Armor Fish on the other hand, has less power, but its base auto attack hits hard

My sharks charge takes a bunker guardian from full to 25% in one move… there is a specific reason as to why its auto attack is kitten xD

Also realize that every skill the shark uses other than the fear applies bleeding for 5s on auto and 10s per hit on charge, this is BEFORE the bleeding from the feeding frenzy skill btw.

(edited by Durzlla.6295)

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

skittlebob.4850

It would be cool if we could assign our F2 pet skills by choosing a skill out of the current pet’s arsenal. I would love to put the swiftness buff on F2 for the black raven and put that super strong F2 on auto.

Of course it would be nice to shorten up/make instant those pet skills so their not always rooted in one place while using skills.

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Leuca.5732

Sharks auto attack does less than armor fish to compensate for how much damage he does while F2 is active and with his charge.

I guess it’s pointless to calculate for long-term damage done, but who do you think would win out over a period of 5 minutes?

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

I guess it’s pointless to calculate for long-term damage done, but who do you think would win out over a period of 5 minutes?

Heals or no heals? If no heals probably the armor fish because he’s sturdier, if there was healing the shark would win because it’d give him enough survivability to not only outlast the armorfish but to also kill him long before 5mins is up.

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Xsorus.2507

My sharks charge takes a bunker guardian from full to 25% in one move… there is a specific reason as to why its auto attack is kitten xD

Also realize that every skill the shark uses other than the fear applies bleeding for 5s on auto and 10s per hit on charge, this is BEFORE the bleeding from the feeding frenzy skill btw.

Ehh am i not seeing something on the Charge? It does pitiful damage, like 600…the base hit for Armor Fish is 1000, and will crit for 1500 (no masters bond)

I don’t know, if I had the choice between Shark and Armor, i’m using Armor, since i know my second pet is going to be Blue Jellyfish

Update on pet traits

in Ranger

Durzlla.6295

Ehh am i not seeing something on the Charge? It does pitiful damage, like 600…the base hit for Armor Fish is 1000, and will crit for 1500 (no masters bond)

I don’t know, if I had the choice between Shark and Armor, i’m using Armor, since i know my second pet is going to be Blue Jellyfish

Just went to heart of the mists, 30 pts BM + 10 points in WS for malicious training and 10pts in nature magic for boon duration +20pts in skirmishing for malicious training and pet speed against the heavy target dummy.

Shark killed the golem in 15.3s

Armor fish killed the golem in 18.2s.

The timer was started after the first hit (for shark it was started at the time he feared the dummy)

With no points spent AT ALL against the heavy target dummy it goes as follows:

Shark: 28.5s

Armor Fish: 26.8s

With Only 30 pts in BM (no major traits taken AT ALL)

Shark: 25.4 (this is after 10 tests, all of which the sharks second dash would completely miss the stationary golem so take this time with a mountain of salt because i didn’t want to keep doing more)

Armor Fish: 21.4

PS: NONE of these tests used the F2 abilities, had they the shark would have very quickly and easily skyrocketed ahead of the armor fish in every test.

PSS: The Armor Fish test was always completed after the sharks test
EDIT: Just realized that in the first test (in the list i gave) the armor fish had 3 stacks of might, so his time would have been slower than it was.