We Heal as One Feedback [merged]

in Ranger

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Do whatever you want with the heal, in exchange please fix sword.

They aren’t spending time and resources fixing a kitten sword mechanic that you can work around if you had an ounce of skill.

EVERYTHING, literally, EVERYTHING is more important than that sword.

I PRAY that its the LAST thing on the ranger to do list (i doubt anet even has a to-do list for ranger, but one can hope)

in Ranger

Posted by: RevanCorana.8942

RevanCorana.8942

It’s really weird, they released the change not even 24h ago…
Did they not realise what this change meant in the first place?
Comboing Guard! with Heal as One probably was not intended I guess.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nicknobreak.7543

Nicknobreak.7543

Guard is just useless except for Regen and swiftness boons from the shout trait. I don’t even know why a skill like guard is in the game

in Ranger

Posted by: LughLongArm.5460

LughLongArm.5460

Come on guys, I love rangers I play ranger only for 2+ years, i’m active on this forum only, no one can claim i’m anti ranger or biased against it(I was eve defendign the unblockble taunt). But this WHAO thing is way over the top to the level is not healthy to the profession. I actualy play WHAO on my native build and you realy dont need to build around it to abuse it, getting from a single heal(which si already very good) pream swiftness, rege, fury high amount of protection ,quickness is insane. I’m not even talking about the group synergie and the might stacking potential(and let me remind you that ranger was designed to not be efficient in stacking might). Its funny, if I would have told you WHAO cahnge – give 8 sec of quickness 8 sec protaction 8 sec fury etc.. all would have agreed its OP.

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

Or just revert WHaO to what it was before. I don’t understand why this change was made in the first place.

Sharing boons with your pet should have been implemented from the beginning. It’s a crippling deficiency in dungeons.

in Ranger

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

They should just split it between PvE and PvP, or remove quickness and protection from the list of shared boons, since it’s pretty balanced and almost needed for ranger to be as viable as other classes in PvE.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

Come on guys, I love rangers I play ranger only for 2+ years, i’m active on this forum only, no one can claim i’m anti ranger or biased against it(I was eve defendign the unblockble taunt). But this WHAO thing is way over the top to the level is not healthy to the profession. I actualy play WHAO on my native build and you realy dont need to build around it to abuse it, getting from a single heal(which si already very good) pream swiftness, rege, fury high amount of protection ,quickness is insane. I’m not even talking about the group synergie and the might stacking potential(and let me remind you that ranger was designed to not be efficient in stacking might). Its funny, if I would have told you WHAO cahnge – give 8 sec of quickness 8 sec protaction 8 sec fury etc.. all would have agreed its OP.

The problem is that we need a way to share boons with the pet. Besides, the quickness stacking build is a niche build which gives up its offensive trait lines, condition cleanse, stunbreak, heal for the first 16-20 seconds of the fight, and requires swapping pet on cooldown. Killing the pet will hard counter the build, conditions will hard counter the build, boon corrupt will hard counter the build, heavy burst will counter the build…meanwhile, elementalists can run around with near-permanent fury, protection, vigor, and massive might stacking without giving up condition cleanse. I doubt that this buff even makes rangers tournament viable, much less able to stack 4 to a team to win tournaments, yet they’re planning to gut it after only hours, without even a discussion. Double standard.

in Ranger

Posted by: UmbraNoctis.1907

UmbraNoctis.1907

ele doesn’t have quickness to begin with and the boons are frequent but short lived. that’s a difference.

and your salt against eles won’t get you anywhere, not like it has anything to do with it.

It doesn’t matter much, if you have permanent boons through permanent (re-)application or through stacking/copying long durations. The latter is actually easier to counter with any kind of boon remove.

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

It took them over a kittening year to do a D/D Ele nerf and they barely put a dent in it. Rangers get a build with much less sustain and damage and its gets nerfed after a few days?

No, Anet doesn’t play favourites with classes at all…

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

ele doesn’t have quickness to begin with and the boons are frequent but short lived. that’s a difference.

and your salt against eles won’t get you anywhere, not like it has anything to do with it.

It doesn’t matter much, if you have permanent boons through permanent (re-)application or through stacking/copying long durations. The latter is actually easier to counter with any kind of boon remove.

Well good thing every class has access to boon removal.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

They should just split it between PvE and PvP, or remove quickness and protection from the list of shared boons, since it’s pretty balanced and almost needed for ranger to be as viable as other classes in PvE.

It’s needed for rangers to be viable in high level PvP as well. Hell, I don’t know if it’s enough for rangers to be viable in high level PvP, especially since they broke pets again. Pets can’t path and they don’t use f2 skills at all. I don’t think ANet is justified in nerfing ranger right now…and I say this as someone whose main isn’t ranger.

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

It took them over a kittening year to do a D/D Ele nerf and they barely put a dent in it. Rangers get a build with much less sustain and damage and its gets nerfed after a few days?

No, Anet doesn’t play favourites with classes at all…

Less than one day actually.

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

Except Rangers of course.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sandzibar.5134

Sandzibar.5134

Every class does.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Nullification

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

In what setting was it OP?

PvP? People are already running builds to counter this i.e. boon strips because of ele’s, and condi builds that will destroy your pet and shut the build down

WvW zergs? If, and that’s a big if, you manage to keep your pet alive in the large scale fights you absolutely deserve the buffs. Not to mention to use a boon build effectively you have to run WS, BM, NM so you lose piercing arrows.

WvW roaming? Still outclassed by heavy stealth builds, still weak to condi builds, still easy to counter by killing the pet.

PvE? The majority of boons are maxed already, maybe being able to keep up quickness will make it so we see less “GLF x more players, no rangers”.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Except Rangers of course.

And eles, guards, and warriors.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eval.2371

Eval.2371

I dont get it.

Stacking swiftness and regen infinitely was possible before the WHaO buff(with as few as two shouts).

The build that some people are knee jerking about has plenty of counter play via

• condition pressure.
  • boon corruption
  • boon strip
  • chill
  • CC/interrupt

But its too overbearing. Yet its ok for ele to have infinite sustain via permanent protection/ regen / 25 mights / fury/ swiftness and have diamond skin. Yet us having 2mins of regen and swiftness its out of the question were broken

Guard and mesmer has high quickness up keep and its team wide not solo yet were broken because you can keep it up solo 50% of the time and be binary because of it.

Warrior is allowed to actually have damage and not require precision, yet the moment we have high furry uptime were problematic.

I can’t see this response as anything but biased. Its not even effective(because the rest of base ranger sucks compared to the other classes bases), and has tones of counter play.

Honestly, this was an interesting change. I hope that anet comes back with a list of changes that actually improves ranger in other areas, since this change is to much apparently.

I am tired of hearing people complain about our mediocre at best class being to strong when we get anything remotely interesting(oddly these are usually the same people that you will find complaining that our class sucks and ask you to switch to something else). Then to see whatever new mechanic immediately taken away and nothing to fill the void. I really hope this trend of indian giver does not continue onto druid.

[Cya] TC Roamer/Scout
I Play WvW to have fun. I don’t find it fun anymore. Therefore I don’t play.

(edited by Eval.2371)

in Ranger

Posted by: cloudysan.4397

cloudysan.4397

Don’t really use we heal as one for quickness upkeep (as I can’t for some reason in a real fight and not in some environment where we don’t even know the whole picture) and I still think this is stupid. Could it be because none of the devs play ranger? yeah that’s probably it.

in Ranger

Levetty.1279

Oh God, I forgot this was the guy who mde the Herald. ‘Too much boon upkeep’ what a kittening joke.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Well at least they gave it a little time to let people adapt and see how things played out before nerfing it…… oh wait

in Ranger

Posted by: Sandzibar.5134

Sandzibar.5134

Well at least they gave it a little time to let people adapt and see how things played out before nerfing it…… oh wait

Exactly.

in Ranger

Posted by: jcbroe.4329

jcbroe.4329

Well, at one point, there was a thread that wanted Roy to be the developer for Rangers. Consider that wish granted.

:^)

That thread was a sarcastic commentary referring to how a particular dev likes to just increase things by 400% when they feel weak (seriously, has anybody SEEN those Revenant changes).

Humorously enough, no matter how many huge percentage chunks revenant gets, it still lacks the self utility it needs to be truly efficient, at least, efficient at surviving to compete in a PvP setting.

Anyhow, back to the torches and pitchforks I guess (I don’t see how people didn’t see this coming, and the only justifiable frustrations are the ones referring to how the rest of the game is balanced at a snails pace leaving stagnant and undesirable metagames).

Jroh | Former SOAC Ranger Podcaster | Platinum Division Top 100 Player
www.twitch.tv/itsJROH For stream, stream schedule, other streamers, builds, etc
https://www.youtube.com/user/JRoeboat

in Ranger

Posted by: Kitty.1502

Kitty.1502

It is ranger, we have been broken for 3 years, the devs fundamentally have no clue what they are doing. Their work speaks volumes about this.

Tarnished Coast-[NOPE]
Kitten – Zerker Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitten
Kitty Smallpaw – Condi Ranger – http://gw2efficiency.com/c/Kitty%20Smallpaw

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Could it be because none of the devs play ranger? yeah that’s probably it.

Irenio said during TwitchCon that he mains a Ranger. Not sure if it’s by choice or because he was given/selected to balance Rangers (and Engineers). Either way, he’s the only developer Rangers have on the balance team.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: cloudysan.4397

cloudysan.4397

Irenio said during TwitchCon that he mains a Ranger. Not sure if it’s by choice or because he was given/selected to balance Rangers (and Engineers). Either way, he’s the only developer Rangers have on the balance team.

He really did? At least ONE guy…and then other devs come over and pluck in his garden. If he’s the dedicated dev to one class he should be the one that at least decides with the other devs.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

So, if they’ll just “lock” boon sharing duration to 10sec it will be fine.
Less than that will be awful.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

and yet someone else’s knee jerk reaction to a skill change is what leads to another nerf for rangers. GG anet.

in Ranger

Elorna.5329

Actually f2 traits are bugged, not the skills themselves. They fixed go for the eyes, the taunt trait still needs the same treatment. The weakness trait seems to work fine.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

They’re making it function the same way as Fortifying Bond, which is what it should have been done in the first place.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

If they are going to nerf the duration on the ranger they should make it so the boons are shared with his party. We could actually offer real party support besides the upcoming lulz heal spam.

in Ranger

Levetty.1279

They’re making it function the same way as Fortifying Bond, which is what it should have been done in the first place.

Except with Fortifying bonds values its kills the skill for anything other then Might stacking.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Except with Fortifying bonds values its kills the skill for anything other then Might stacking.

Well yes, but maybe just maybe the devs don’t intend for RANGER to stack boons like that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rogue Potato.4723

Rogue Potato.4723

They already announced the fix. They’re just gonna use set boon times.

“When there’s no point in doing something, the best idea is not to do it.”

in Ranger

Elorna.5329

Yeah, I read it, it’s gonna be another fortifying bond. Frankly, I’m ok with that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sigmoid.7082

Sigmoid.7082

Called it

I needs to be changed to have the same table as Fortifying Bond

Thats the most likely thing i see happening.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Well yes, but maybe just maybe the devs don’t intend for RANGER to stack boons like that.

We talking about the same dev’s that left ele’s god tier for so long and left rangers bottom tier since the launch of the game?
They clearly know what’s best for the class.

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

Actually f2 traits are bugged, not the skills themselves. They fixed go for the eyes, the taunt trait still needs the same treatment. The weakness trait seems to work fine.

It’s not the trait. Hitting the f2 button does not cause your pet to use the skill. I hit f2 and 5 seconds later the pet still had not used the skill. I rapidly hit the f2 button continuously for 5 seconds, and the pet still didn’t use it. I have gone through entire matches during which my f2 skill only successfully activated once or twice in total, and even then there was an enormous (~3-4 second) delay. This is unacceptable, especially if they’re planning on nerfing ranger.

in Ranger

Levetty.1279

It seems they don’t intend the Ranger to be anything but some kittenty Monk spec for raids to attract WoW kiddies to buy the new expansion.

in Ranger

Elorna.5329

I dunno about the bug you’re encountering, but the only one I had (since go for the eyes got fixed) was needing to press f2 twice if I have the taunt trait equipped. Without that trait it seems to work as before.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

We talking about the same dev’s that left ele’s god tier for so long and left rangers bottom tier since the launch of the game?

Without d/d, ele is verrrry far from God-tier. So you’re advocating that Rangers just get some stupid thing that makes them too good, which would solve nothing because then people will complain about Ranger and it will be whack-a-mole. Rangers need small changes to get them even with other classes who can receive minor changes to bring them down.

in Ranger

Levetty.1279

Without d/d, ele is verrrry far from God-tier. So you’re advocating that Rangers just get some stupid thing that makes them too good, which would solve nothing because then people will complain about Ranger and it will be whack-a-mole. Rangers need small changes to get them even with other classes who can receive minor changes to bring them down.

I think he’s talking about the length of time. We are still waiting for D/D ele to br brought down to balanced levels after it existing for a year (the June patch actually buffed it). The weaker boon stacking Ranger build is being nerfed after a day.

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

And they have no rational justification for that position. Ranger has spent the last 3 years being kicked out of dungeon groups and left out of PvP tournaments. ArenaNet is either unwilling or unable to make the profession viable and competitive, and their refusal to discuss the problems with the player base is making things worse. They’re happy to engage in dialogue in the revenant forum, but for the profession that has needed it the most for three years straight? No, no time for that.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

I think he’s talking about the length of time. We are still waiting for D/D ele to br brought down to balanced levels after it existing for a year (the June patch actually buffed it). The weaker boon stacking Ranger build is being nerfed after a day.

So we want Ranger to become God-tier and then not fixed for a year because it’s just desserts?

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

And they have no rational justification for that position. Ranger has spent the last 3 years being kicked out of dungeon groups and left out of PvP tournaments. ArenaNet is either unwilling or unable to make the profession viable and competitive, and their refusal to discuss the problems with the player base is making things worse. They’re happy to engage in dialogue in the revenant forum, but for the profession that has needed it the most for three years straight? No, no time for that.

Sure they do: it’s not intended for Rangers to stack boons like other classes whether you like it or not. It is not the design for the Ranger.

in Ranger

Levetty.1279

So we want Ranger to become God-tier and then not fixed for a year because it’s just desserts?

Do you read peoples posts before responding to them? WTF was God tier about this build? Do you even PvP?

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Do you read peoples posts before responding to them? WTF was God tier about this build? Do you even PvP?

He was comparing Ranger to a"God-tier" build in D/D ele, claiming that Ranger shouldn’t be nerfed bc ele hasn’t been nerfed, thus implying that Ranger should be able to have a God-Tier build for a year and not get nerfed like ele. Pretty simple.

Ah yes, the “do you even PvP insult?”. I guess you win the internet war because you questioned my skill.

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

I don’t know for you, but personally i wouldn’t mind. I’ve been happily playing the underdog since launch, i wouldn’t mind being the top cat for a while.

They took my pet range and damage, they took my spirits, they took my shortbow, and all i have to show for it is a Canthan Monk spec. Why not the latest God-tier build for a change?

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Ranger

Levetty.1279

He was comparing Ranger to a"God-tier" build in D/D ele, claiming that Ranger shouldn’t be nerfed bc ele hasn’t been nerfed, thus implying that Ranger should be able to have a God-Tier build for a year and not get nerfed like ele. Pretty simple.

Ah yes, the “do you even PvP insult?”. I guess you win the internet war because you questioned my skill.

I was questioning your knowledge, now I am mostly questioning whether you read posts before you respond to them.

in Ranger

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

RIP PvE DPS. Back to being a frost spotter slave again.

in Ranger

Unholy Pillager.3791

Sure they do: it’s not intended for Rangers to stack boons like other classes whether you like it or not. It is not the design for the Ranger.

Their ‘design’ for ranger has no rational justification. Their ranger balancing has kept it at the bottom of the heap for three years straight. Maybe when they make rangers strong enough even to be included in WTS, they’ll have a leg to stand on.

Bottom line: ANet should let rangers stack boons the way other professions do, just to see if that makes them competitive. It isn’t like any of the other attempted balances have worked worth a kitten .