We Heal as One Feedback [merged]

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

The thing is that you don’t even have to go Beastmastery line, you could go WS, Druid, and NM for instance. Be full zerker with pretty good condi clear and QZ would be able to give 16s Quickness. 16s. A full zerk just having 16s Quickness and still being able to burst heal in CAF la de da de da.

Full zerker can’t utilize might stacking since you need fire field + warhorn to get 12 stacks of might, then use HaO.

in Ranger

Posted by: Azreell.1568

Azreell.1568

Amazing how people scream OP the minute something changes that looks strong.

The ability is indeed now strong but has so many hard counters it’s not even funny.

In logical civilizations some people might call that balance ? :P

Azreell – Mesmer
Loyalty To None

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

The thing is that you don’t even have to go Beastmastery line, you could go WS, Druid, and NM for instance. Be full zerker with pretty good condi clear and QZ would be able to give 16s Quickness. 16s. A full zerk just having 16s Quickness and still being able to burst heal in CAF la de da de da.

Full zerker can’t utilize might stacking since you need fire field + warhorn to get 12 stacks of might, then use HaO.

I can assure you that that is not the only way to stack might.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

Amazing how people scream OP the minute something changes that looks strong.

The ability is indeed now strong but has so many hard counters it’s not even funny.

In logical civilizations some people might call that balance ? :P

To them, ranger being weaker than everyone else is “balance”.

Anything that makes ranger better than other professions will suddenly be called OP in first minute, even though they never consider the drawbacks, or other professions can do many of those things ages ago.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fluffball.8307

Fluffball.8307

It’s pretty strong 100% uptime on quickness. http://imgur.com/Z7PnlrX
I don’t have stacked protection but it’s easy.

That’s not realistic though. I didn’t have perma boons for anything in a real PvP match. Even without this change there were a ton of different ways to perma stack certain boons, it’s just a “I’m alone in PvE” type of thing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

I’ve been playing around with it and it’s quite easy to get 2 minutes of Fury, Swiftness, Regeneration and Protection. That’s because these boons stack in duration.

2 minutes of 25 stacks of Might isn’t really possible because it stacks in intensity and the duration doesn’t increase with copying.

2 minutes of Quickness might be possible, but I couldn’t do it. I also don’t think Retaliation is possible unless you get it from outside sources like Guardians.

So yeah it must certainly be OP with outside help. But I still went back to my old build anyway

in Ranger

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

I don’t think some of you realize….

OUR PET also has access to this duration of quickness lol…. you know how much pressure that is being applied from ranger + a pet ON CRACK??

While its fun for us…. I can’t see the other guy you are 1v1ing being happy about it lol… they will blow their “oh crap button” aka endure pain/signet of stone and than 10 secs or so later, they will have to deal with a pet and ranger on crack AGAIN lmao.

Ya thats not gonna be fun…. (except for the ranger lol)

You also don’t realize how vulnerable to conditions we are if using this spec.

You also lose taunt if you spec for quickness, which makes you even more vulnerable.

Taunt finally became blockable/evade…. you know how easy it is for a good player to get away from taunt now??

Yes we are vuln to condis but thats nothing new……ranger has ALWAYS had limited condi removal options….

Guess what thou, who do you think is going to apply pressure quicker? that condi players HP will drop in a HEARTBEAT if he decides to just tank a ranger + pets quickness.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

having trouble finding a build that can maximize on this with the issues of not having solid condi removal.

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Guess what thou, who do you think is going to apply pressure quicker? that condi players HP will drop in a HEARTBEAT if he decides to just tank a ranger + pets quickness.

Why is anybody tanking anything in PvP? That literally never happens.

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

OUR PET also has access to this duration of quickness lol…. you know how much pressure that is being applied from ranger + a pet ON CRACK??

While its fun for us…. I can’t see the other guy you are 1v1ing being happy about it lol… they will blow their “oh crap button” aka endure pain/signet of stone and than 10 secs or so later, they will have to deal with a pet and ranger on crack AGAIN lmao.

You also lose taunt if you spec for quickness, which makes you even more vulnerable.

Taunt finally became blockable/evade…. you know how easy it is for a good player to get away from taunt now??

Yes we are vuln to condis but thats nothing new……ranger has ALWAYS had limited condi removal options….

I’d call that balance though.

We die fast and kill fast.

Getting free regen but no cleanse doesn’t make you tankier.

in Ranger

Zatoichi.1049

I’ve been playing around with it and it’s quite easy to get 2 minutes of Fury, Swiftness, Regeneration and Protection. That’s because these boons stack in duration.

2 minutes of 25 stacks of Might isn’t really possible because it stacks in intensity and the duration doesn’t increase with copying.

2 minutes of Quickness might be possible, but I couldn’t do it. I also don’t think Retaliation is possible unless you get it from outside sources like Guardians.

So yeah it must certainly be OP with outside help. But I still went back to my old build anyway

how do u get the protection thathigh?

in Ranger

Posted by: Vermagus.7804

Vermagus.7804

This is farm from OP, without condition removal we get boned

in Ranger

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

I thought it was pretty strong too, but sadly the duration of the boons you get makes it a good buff, but not as overpowered as you would think. the Investment for some of the situations people are listing are rather large.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

Btw, from the few games I tested, I already found glaring flaws.

No way to counter damaging condition is one thing, one chill can completely render this build useless when you waste your precious survival skills/ heal skills just to stack boons.

It’s even more vulnerable to chill than Ele! One chill and all synergy is dead.

in Ranger

Posted by: Medens.4960

Medens.4960

How did you get so much quickness? What was your rotation?

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

Use condi clear, pet swap and heal on CD, which is not even remotely realistic.

in Ranger

Zatoichi.1049

with guard + WHaO, soldier runes and generosity sigils with berserker isn’t bad. At least you can potentially remove big burning stacks that way, and you provide a little support for the team.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

You know how easy it was for good players to get away from taunt already?
It was only OP against the hordes of bad players that mistakenly believed themselves to be good and yet completely ignored the rangers pet.

This is why we can’t have nice things!

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: Medens.4960

Medens.4960

Use condi clear, pet swap and heal on CD, which is not even remotely realistic.

I tried QZ + pet swap + WhaO, but ‘only’ got 23s quickness

in Ranger

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

opens necro nerf bunker. Get in quickly you fools! Time is of the essence!

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Ranger

Holland.9351

having trouble finding a build that can maximize on this with the issues of not having solid condi removal.

You could do something like this:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQBcSpC0LI4vCw1CGwEK/wXgH/vhGoi7ldACgKu7G-TVQWAAw+DAA-w
(Empathic Bond, Signet of Renewal, Rune of the trooper/soldier and Guard, Heal as One, Strength of the pack)

Guard and Fortifying Bond (and extra boon duration from the same line) is all you need I think, but you could also let Blue Moa help you out and if in combat: Companion’s Defense and Protective Ward.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Been doing a bit of testing, and for now, I’m going to retract my words. On paper, it looks very potent, but I’m beginning to see flaws if one were to build around this. I guess when Irenio mentioned adding more “niche builds” to the Ranger, this change counts as one of them.

Initial impression: This is extremely powerful.
After some hands-on time: It’s great, but not broken.

Time will tell though. When running this, boon strips and (as others mentioned before) chill are obvious weaknesses. Running into a Necro makes this build have a self-destruct button that Necros will press when they corrupt boons.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Zatoichi.1049

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vNAQBcSpC0LI4vCw1CGwEK/wXgH/vhGoi7ldACgKu7G-TVQWAAw+DAA-w

Guard and Fortifying Bond (and extra boon duration from the same line) is all you need I think, but you could also let Blue Moa help you out and if in combat: Companion’s Defense and Protective Ward.

doesn’t seem nearly enough to stack it to 2 min

with guard the pet gets 12 seconds of protection + %50, so 18. If I take that protection im getting like 16 seconds of it on a 16 second cd from WhAO. Protective ward, and companions defense are too low of an amount to stack protection to those numbers.

in Ranger

Posted by: PowerBottom.5796

PowerBottom.5796

I can see some pretty strong interactions with zephyr speed, “guard!”, “strength of the pack.” etc., but so far, I don’t think it’s really OP.

What I do fear a bit is that in teamfights, it can get ridiculous: Imagine just an Ele and maybe a Guard together with the ranger; if you keep yourself and your pet kinda in range of the shouts and attunement-switch buffs etc., I guess you should be able to keep up almost any buff permanently…. ^^’

in Ranger

Posted by: Rogue Potato.4723

Rogue Potato.4723

How are you guys doing this stuff? I’m dumb ok pls

“When there’s no point in doing something, the best idea is not to do it.”

in Ranger

Fluffball.8307

I can see some pretty strong interactions with zephyr speed, “guard!”, “strength of the pack.” etc., but so far, I don’t think it’s really OP.

What I do fear a bit is that in teamfights, it can get ridiculous: Imagine just an Ele and maybe a Guard together with the ranger; if you keep yourself and your pet kinda in range of the shouts and attunement-switch buffs etc., I guess you should be able to keep up almost any buff permanently…. ^^’

That was TCGs shtick back when they were dominating everyone. Support the hell out of each other when other teams weren’t. That’s part of how we wound up with things like shout warriors and d/d eles that keep high stacks of might, fury and prot on the entire team.

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Indeed. Alone, it’s not OP at all. It’s powerful, but not broken. In team fights, it gets stronger, but it’s still not OP as it is limited to just the Ranger & Pet. We’ll have to wait to see how this all plays out, though.

I can only assume “We Heal as One!” might stay this way since it makes Grouch’s Bear stronger.

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Holland.9351

with guard the pet gets 12 seconds of protection + %50, so 18. If I take that protection im getting like 16 seconds of it on a 16 second cd from WhAO. Protective ward, and companions defense are too low of an amount to stack protection to those numbers.

I just got Protection up to above 1 minute with just Guard followed by Blue Moa F2, followed by We Heal As One and then Guard again and We Heal As One again. Then repeat that cycle a few times. It’s important to use the skills just before using Heal As One or you lose duration.

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

I just got Protection up to above 1 minute with just Guard followed by Blue Moa F2, followed by We Heal As One and then Guard again and We Heal As One again. Then repeat that cycle a few times. It’s important to use the skills just before using Heal As One or you lose duration.

Tell me, who uses Blue Moa in PVP or dungeon?

It’s better off taking Red Moa for Fury, Jaguar for might, Drakes for cleave, Spiders for conditions, Wolf for CC.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

Yes, the issue does seem to be with the more powerful boons like protection or quickness. But one can argue that for that much quickness up time you have to take 2 GM traits and burn a big CD utility that doubles as a stun break and condition cleanse and to put your heal on CD.

I am actually quite happy that there is positive interaction with the pet for the first time in a long time. It opens up a lot of build options.

in Ranger

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

Please don’t nerf this, it’s finally something good that we rangers can have that could help us be more liked in more contents. I know we aren’t all that bad but all in all we really don’t have a lot going on… please just let us have this.

And like others have said, there are rather sizable amounts of investment needed trait-wise and utility-wise to make all that work. I think it’s ok… just lemme have this T^T

in Ranger

Zatoichi.1049

ok with moa I can undersatand but I don’t think I would use it, thanks for clarifying

in Ranger

Posted by: jmoak.7821

jmoak.7821

only on ranger forums you find people actually saying their class is op and needs a nerf… XD

Mesmer, Ranger, Engineer
Aurora Glade (Fun)

in Ranger

Posted by: cloudysan.4397

cloudysan.4397

only on ranger forums you find people actually saying their class is op and needs a nerf… XD

Maybe by many non rangers. OP seems to be a ranger..appearently but I’m okay with the way WHaO is currently. It’s finally useful at all.

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

Ikr.

Looking at all the Warriors, Thieves, Ele, Guardians, Mesmers crying how UP they are all the time makes you think Ranger community seem to have this sense of inferiority on themselves, that they can’t accept nice things :P

in Ranger

Posted by: Ofir.2405

Ofir.2405

I like it how when rangers get a buff all the ele players who are used to being in the top are immediately crying. Dont get me wrong I agree this skill can be OP but most of the times its not. You risk givig up on your healing skill + you sacrfice alot of skills for creating this build. However, I wouldnt mind AN nerfing the quickness stacking (and maybe protection) with this skill, as long as they dont nerf the cd on this skill. Stackable swiftness and regan is nothing new (or special) to rangers. Also might stacking is not only possible with rangers ( I have seen engineers with 25 might for more than 20 seconds).
I have always used WHAO as my main heal skill and I dont want this skill (like cd) to get nerfed just because we got boon aplication with it, I would rather AN to nerf a bit the boon aplication than the skill it self.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Maybe by many non rangers. OP seems to be a ranger..appearently but I’m okay with the way WHaO is currently. It’s finally useful at all.

Ranger is my only class. Things like this should get nipped in the bud quickly so that it doesn’t result in nerfs later down the line. I am perfectly fine with WHaO sharing boons, but I don’t think it should share 100% duration.

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

Ranger is my only class. Things like this should get nipped in the bud quickly so that it doesn’t result in nerfs later down the line. I am perfectly fine with WHaO sharing boons, but I don’t think it should share 100% duration.

No wonder you don’t know how Ele and Warrior can always do this before the patch, with access to more cleanse and passive heal!

Before the “Feel my Wrath” nerf, 5 Guardians can maintain permanent quickness to the whole party without giving up a dam thing. (Only one Elite skill, no synergy, combination, sacrifice needed)

in Ranger

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Quickening Zephyr is fun to play with too.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

No wonder you don’t know how Ele and Warrior can always do this before the patch, with access to more cleanse and passive heal!

Oh really? They can get 15s quickness by pressing two buttons? Teach me how to do that plox.

in Ranger

Posted by: Dojo.1867

Dojo.1867

It is good but not too good tbh. Takes some heavy build alterations to make it work and yes, you actually have to blow your heal if you just want to use it as a buff.

Not even usable on many builds that run Healing Spring or Troll Unguent (most condi builds). So ye, many might stacks are cool but out of power ranger it is hard to build something around it.

My verdict is: not op at all. The high quickness uptime is very gimicky and you actually don’t need that for pvp. Short burst of 2 second quickness are by far enough.

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

Oh really? They can get 15s quickness by pressing two buttons? Teach me how to do that plox.

You click that Quickness and you’re toasted later since you burn your stun break, heal, condition removal just for that.

No worries, by the time you die and come back, your 36 CD will be back
Oh, do beware of plenty of thieves/mesmers/necro out there who’d just corrupt your boons right away.

in Ranger

Dojo.1867

That is a terrible strategy in PvP. You cannot really use the quickness efficient enough to justify running these supbar trait(line)s and utility skills.

Power ranger got a nice buff since all the might adds up now but that is really it.

For the might stacks and quickness you basically trade:

• condi removal (cannot run survival skills that well with WHAO and SOTP, also no healing spring)
  • cc (no taunt if you want quickness)
  • overall QZ is just not doing enough tbh and using it for fights even takes away the use as stunbreak/condiclear

(edited by Dojo.1867)

in Ranger

Posted by: Ofir.2405

Ofir.2405

Also this issue (almost) only concerncs PVE and maybe WvW side. You need to some time in order to get a full stacked up duration of boons and that is just not possible in a pvp match (in 1 mintue that you are not fighting in pvp can mean game over). So maybe nerf it only in WVW and PVE but keep it like this in pvp.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

You click that Quickness and you’re toasted later since you burn your stun break, heal, condition removal just for that.

Wow the thought never occurred to me to not pop them before a fight, but rather wait until I need to use my stun break and heal, so smart. Or just to swap pets right before I use my heal during a fight to get 8s quickness. Wow so much strat.

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

Also this issue (almost) only concerncs PVE and maybe WvW side. You need to some time in order to get a full stacked up duration of boons and that is just not possible in a pvp match (in 1 mintue that you are not fighting in pvp can mean game over). So maybe nerf it only in WVW and PVE but keep it like this in pvp.

It’s not even that good in WvW since it’s a selfish build mostly.
You wouldn’t be able to share that quickness, protection, and might with your team, so what’s the point?

in Ranger

Dojo.1867

Wow the thought never occurred to me to not pop them before a fight, but rather wait until I need to use my stun break and heal, so smart. Or just to swap pets right before I use my heal during a fight to get 8s quickness. Wow so much strat.

Except that is not how it works. When you are pressured and usually will stunbreak you follow with a soft disengage using hunters shot and dont turn on your opponent full pewpew mode. It does NOT work like that versus any decent opponent.

The quickness uptime is high vs golems in the mist but ingame those builds are just too gimicky to efficiently use them and the damage increase just doesn’t translate well. MoC, Remorseless, Sigils and the Might Stacking do a much better job for damage increase. 15s of quickness are good when hitting some 1000000000hp PvE boss but not when people actively engage each other with a large variety of skills.

in Ranger

Holland.9351

ok with moa I can undersatand but I don’t think I would use it, thanks for clarifying

You just use Blue Moa to built it up to a full minute (which only takes a minute to get) after that, using just Guard or even just Heal as One should be more than enough. You can switch out Blue Moa after.

(edited by Holland.9351)

in Ranger

Posted by: Rizo.9534

Rizo.9534

After some tests.

It’s not broken. If you want to use PetSwap for Quickness, then you lose too much from your pet.

For ecample pet have 40sec prot 20myght, 30sec furry, retalation regen swift etc etc… and if you switch it for QZ, then you lose all those buffs.
In most cases better too keep 20 myght + furry on pet and transfer them on you, then lose ALL and get QZ.

SOmetimes it’s really expensive trade off.
Atm working as intended.

in Ranger

Dojo.1867

Ye forgot about that one. When your pet is finally hitting the target the last thing you wanna do is swap it away so there is another downside to this “op strategy”.