in Ranger

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

rip my perma 25 might

We Heal as One Feedback [merged]

in Ranger

Posted by: Rising Dusk.2408

Rising Dusk.2408

sigh It’s okay, I didn’t want to feel as effective as an Ele in PvE anyway. Really.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Ranger

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

It does give you protection if you use Guard proceeded by WHaO. Hence all these threads whining about how OP rangers are atm.

in Ranger

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

this is only beginning guys druid nerfs incoming after weekend dont worry

in Ranger

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

I’m not sure if you can actually call it a nerf if the specialization in question isn’t even out, yet ^^

in Ranger

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

I am prophet (didnt want to say oracle so pple thought I am Misha )

in Ranger

Posted by: Unholy Pillager.3791

Unholy Pillager.3791

I needs to be changed to have the same table as Fortifying Bond

Thats the most likely thing i see happening.

As much as I want Ranger to be a bit OP for a while at least, I think this is a good idea. I, however, think that the durations should be removed from FB. So the pet gets the full durations from you from “WHaO!” and FB and you gain the shorter duration boons (like FB is now) from the pet with “WHaO!”. That would be better balance imo.

What exactly do you think is OP about that build? Did you even play it? It really isn’t.

I don’t actually think it is that OP actually, it is very cheesy though. In order for it to work, you need to blow all your cooldowns, making you very weak. Although, the ability to stack so many powerful boons in such a short period of time makes it insanely powerful for 1v1s, except vs Necro which is a hard-counter to it. A decent chill duration and some conditions with a few well timed dodges and the Ranger will be down.
No, I have not played it. I will test it out when I get back from Antarctica in 6 weeks, but I don’t think it will be around that long. There will be too much QQ.

If you start from above 90% health with Bark Skin, you’ll have 66% damage reduction for ages, after which you can pop “PM!” to take no damage, then SoS for 12s of no damage, at least 33% damage reduction, Quickness and most boons, Might stacked to 25. That’s massively powerful, whether or not you have to blow your CDs to do it.

Pretty sure it doesn’t affect SoS. The immunity to direct damage isn’t a boon.

You are right, SoS and PM are not boons, but that doesn’t prevent you having 12s combined invulnerability while also under the effects of Fury, 25 might, Protection, Regeneration, Swiftness and Quickness, self stacked, quickly. I just think that is a little too much, no matter what class it is on or how fragile it is. And it is fragile.

Unlike a cele ele, this has no kitten ed condition cleanse at all. Any condition build will tear through this like a sharp knife through a wet paper bag. Such a double standard; maybe at some point they could have some dialogue with us about what might or might not be overpowered? Considering they’ve screwed over ranger balance for the entire course of this game’s existence. Their ‘silent sledgehammer’ approach to balancing ranger is rage inducing.

in Ranger

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

in Ranger

kevvy.5081

Why can’t we ever have nice things? Too much? At what cost though? It is completely not ideal to compromise so much just so we can get some quickness. UGGHH.

in Ranger

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

Sigh..

Back to switching to Ele for instances, I guess.

in Ranger

Posted by: Holland.9351

Holland.9351

meh, I have gone back to my old build anyway. It didn’t feel worth the investment and effort.

in Ranger

Posted by: Sandzibar.5134

Sandzibar.5134

Ele gets years without Aet acknowledging OP mechanics (D/D Cele, FireGS, Icebow etc). Mesmer months (Stealth condi abuse).

Ranger… less than a day.

Business as usual.

(edited by Sandzibar.5134)

in Ranger

Posted by: ItIsFinished.9462

ItIsFinished.9462

Funny thing is, the guy in the video is running Runes of Water……

I mean Runes of water is so OP.

Arrow Slanger »—> »—> »—>
The Never Ending Repertoire of Ranger Builds
Salt of the Earth {SALT} Crystal Desert© ~~Dragon Rank~~

in Ranger

Posted by: Spitzilla.4193

Spitzilla.4193

How this could even reach live server …

The worst thing you can do to someone is to give him something and then take away :p …

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

kittening ridiculous.
This is why we can’t have nice things.

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: Wondrouswall.7169

Wondrouswall.7169

Well, at least we still have Most Dangerous Game.

/sarcasm

PET PRECISION & DPS TESTS -OUTDATED-
Will update once Path of Fire releases.

in Ranger

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Disappointing, but it was expected. Rangers can’t have nice things. Well, at least Irenio tried to help us but the other devs went ‘NOPE!’. Meanwhile Roy at Rev forums…

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Ranger

Posted by: Osu.6307

Osu.6307

I messed around with it. Not as impressive in practice as it is against golems. You really need to be perfect in your rotation to get that quickness duration and if you get CC’ed (no stab now) it’s blown all to hell. Oh yeah, now I don’t have a heal when I need it because I have to use it at the very start of the fight. Also, investing your entire build around one trick that can be rendered useless by a necro corrupt boon is a recipe for disaster.

Osu

in Ranger

Posted by: borya.2964

borya.2964

I posted a CV to Anet to be game designer.

I have some waiting tables skills.

Am pretty confident.

Coffin Rehearsal X – Bunker Roaming Ranger
Tchuu Tchuu Im A Train [TCHU] – Gandara
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChUmRHtHLgPckvtrPImxK3A

in Ranger

Rising Dusk.2408

I love how this isn’t even that strong or effective but they’re going to nerf it anyway thanks to the kneejerk spasms of a few people who are playing at extremely low skill levels in PvP or not even trying the build before complaining.

This is really frustrating. I absolutely love my Ranger, but what I love more than my Ranger is feeling effective.

[VZ] Valor Zeal – Stormbluff Isle – Looking for steady, casual-friendly NA raiders!

in Ranger

kevvy.5081

Why is Roy on this anyway? Isn’t Irenio supposed to be our dedicated Dev as well as some-what representative? Why is someone not dedicated to our profession coming about wanting to nerf it? I mean look at Rev, that kitten is on dope. So what if 1 ranger has a nice amount of quickness to itself? Shiro legend Rev has access to like 50%+ quickness as well with just 1 utility skill. The kitten? And you want to nerf us?

in Ranger

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

I think Roy should go back to focusing on his Ele/Rev pets personally.
We should have expected this kind of nerf by now.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

(edited by Zalani.9827)

in Ranger

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Why is Roy on this anyway? Isn’t Irenio supposed to be our dedicated Dev as well as some-what representative? Why is someone not dedicated to our profession coming about wanting to nerf it? I mean look at Rev, that kitten is on dope. So what if 1 ranger has a nice amount of quickness to itself? Shiro legend Rev has access to like 50%+ quickness as well with just 1 utility skill. The kitten? And you want to nerf us?

Not to mention permanent fury, swiftness and decent might stacks in PbAoE and they don’t even have to blow their heal or stunbreak/condi cleanse to do that.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

Why can’t we ever have nice things? Too much? At what cost though? It is completely not ideal to compromise so much just so we can get some quickness. UGGHH.

says the creator of the herald interestingly enough, the class that poops out passive might stacks, fury, protection, regen, with having double fury effect

in Ranger

Posted by: Sandzibar.5134

Sandzibar.5134

Not to mention permanent fury, swiftness and decent might stacks in PbAoE and they don’t even have to blow their heal or stunbreak/condi cleanse to do that.

Yeah but thats fine because :reasons:

in Ranger

Posted by: Zatoichi.1049

Zatoichi.1049

from the man who brought us the Herald, “too much boon uptime” he says…

in Ranger

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

They just need a cap on quickness boon duration….. everything else is fine considering the fact every kittening class can stack those simple boons like god kitten regen and might and prot…..

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Well, at one point, there was a thread that wanted Roy to be the developer for Rangers. Consider that wish granted.

:^)

in Ranger

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Well, at one point, there was a thread that wanted Roy to be the developer for Rangers. Consider that wish granted.

:^)

Okay, who rubbed the Anet magic lamp.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

in Ranger

kevvy.5081

For reference : https://twitter.com/roycronacher/status/649267788121411585

The amount of dedication/sacrifice/compromise a Ranger has to take to make all that boon happen is not practical at all.

So what if 1 ranger has 50%+ quickness up time? So does Rev with just 1 utility, granted they can’t use other skills much, oh wait, it wastes the Ranger’s utilities and trait line as well, suffice to say we’re not exactly just having all that quickness for free on top of our best dps rotations.
Rev also has access to AoE boon share which is seen as quite OP and even that is sub par to the capability that Ele’s have.

All Ranger can do with WHaO is buff itself. If you know what rotation and the amount of time and effort to make that happen, all the while gimping your DPS/survivability/any sort of viable role in any circumstances other than having selfish quickness, you won’t even bat an eye.

Even in the most ideal circumstances, at best we now have self 25 might/protection/quickness which is so kittening hard to keep up permanently whilst requiring impractical rotations on top of our pre-existing ability to have permanent fury/swift/regen.

Can any Dev justify Ele/Rev having all that while Rangers just can’t?

We now have something to call value in our roles in whatever PvE/PvP/WvW situations, some sort of redeeming feature to our rather lack of group utility/self dps/problems with pet AI. We won’t be as disregarded as we were before by other players.

End rant.

Ugh. At this point I’m tired of trying to defend what should be and what shouldn’t be by making godkitten court case-like defense. We just want nice things. I get that this topic is very subjective but honestly this could have been something good for us rangers. I see more people agree with that than those who just think it’s outrageously OP.

I know if Anet wants to nerf this, there’s not a kittening thing I can do except whine.

I’ll just end saying my piece here and kitten off.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Question for Roy, while you are nerfing ranger class to make sure it remains bottom tier can you please also make sure to buff ele’s? The last day since the patch has been very scary with the tiny amount of change that took place, please return everything to the status quo.

in Ranger

SkiTz.4590

Just cap quickness, thats all that is needed.

Everything else is in line with what other classes do.

Jesus christ anet’s balancing is downright pitiful

in Ranger

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

i think the main problem here is that 2min+ of swiftness, regeneration, fury, protection and the quickness are kind of ridiculous… the numbers that is, but then again it’s not even that strong. i think they’re just adjusting it because they don’t want classes to have such a long duration of certain boons.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kreed.2768

Kreed.2768

One day in and we’re already getting our buff gutted. It’s probably not the overall record, but sure does say something about their stance on Ranger’s place in the game in comparison to other professions like Ele and Mesmer.

Lover of longbow rangers.
Party Hard in GW2!
My YouTube Channel!

in Ranger

Puck.9612

i think the main problem here is that 2min+ of swiftness, regeneration, fury, protection and the quickness are kind of ridiculous… the numbers that is, but then again it’s not even that strong. i think they’re just adjusting it because they don’t want classes to have such a long duration of certain boons.

Unless that class is an ele

in Ranger

Wondrouswall.7169

Good luck getting Roy in here. He tweeted it because there is no way he is stepping into this area. Just remember, he has our best interest for us, whether we would like to admit it or not.

Remember? Say it with me, now: “Yes, I agree.”

=D

in Ranger

SkiTz.4590

One day in and we’re already getting our buff gutted. It’s probably not the overall record, but sure does say something about their stance on Ranger’s place in the game in comparison to other professions like Ele and Mesmer.

“They are light armor and have low hp! you are medium armor and medium HP!!! " – Anet reasoning probably (not even kidding)

in Ranger

Posted by: Jekkt.6045

Jekkt.6045

ele doesn’t have quickness to begin with and the boons are frequent but short lived. that’s a difference.

and your salt against eles won’t get you anywhere, not like it has anything to do with it.

Ex player of PeanutButterJellyTime, Heavenly Annoying and Visceral Gaming.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

Coming from the creator of the Herald. Is this a joke?

Just don’t butcher it.

(edited by Lazze.9870)

in Ranger

Posted by: Mavander.3208

Mavander.3208

You know what I liked the most? Groups were willing to take a chance with my ranger. I was allowed the opportunity to prove I’m not a bad ranger.

ANet if you want to do rangers a service, remove the stigma against it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Thz.7569

Thz.7569

Point is, its current usage ranges from a nice QoL buff to something completely extreme. Something with such high variability would just add to the Ranger’s volatility when concerning future balance passes.

I’m fine seeing it cut, as I found it to be a great heal as is and was quite balanced when deciding on your slot 6 choice.

There are plenty of other areas that could be buffed to infuse some more flavor in the class.

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

^
All that needs to be done.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

SkiTz.4590

^
All that needs to be done.

Worst case if they can’t cap quickness, than just remove it from the list of boons that can be shared with the heal….

a complete nerf to all boons just kills it and brings ranger back to medicore / below avg tier…..

I’d be happy with a quickness nerf…. First time in YEARs i’m actually seeing boons I created myself, that last longer than kittening 10 seconds.

in Ranger

Posted by: BolshoiBooze.3406

BolshoiBooze.3406

At least fix pets while you’re at it. They still don’t use their F2 skill if you trait for taunt…

in Ranger

Posted by: Kydar Schattendolch.6879

Kydar Schattendolch.6879

Hoi fellow Rangers,

I main a ranger and although, I love it to have nice things, like everyone I guess^^, IMHO the new WHAO is OP. And I would’nt say this, if i did’nt think so

The nerf is incoming, Roy twittered about this, and maybe, we can have a little bit of influence for the direction of the fix/nerf.

So, take this thread to make suggestions for it, in the hope, devs are reading this.

My idea is the follow one:

All boons currently on you and your pet have an increadsed duration
—> Duration increase: 5 Seconds

In that case you have:
- still benefits for boons like quickness and protection
- the idea to play with boons with this skill remains the same
- it’s not possible anymore to stack that abnormal amounts of perma boons

Thoughts, other ideas?

in Ranger

Rising Dusk.2408

There are plenty of other areas that could be buffed to infuse some more flavor in the class.

I agree with this, but given that we just saw a balance patch it’s going to be a long time before we get that opportunity. Other things on the Ranger absolutely should be buffed up to levels appropriate for group play in all game modes, but the nerf we’ll see will likely drop the share durations to negligible levels rendering this pretty low on the utility totem pole again.

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Or just revert WHaO to what it was before. I don’t understand why this change was made in the first place.

in Ranger

Posted by: Terimac.5871

Terimac.5871

Do whatever you want with the heal, in exchange please fix sword.

in Ranger

Posted by: borya.2964

borya.2964

Come on, there is nothing wrong to be perma vigor.

Coffin Rehearsal X – Bunker Roaming Ranger
Tchuu Tchuu Im A Train [TCHU] – Gandara
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChUmRHtHLgPckvtrPImxK3A

in Ranger

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

Sad but terribly predictable. How long did we get to keep the perma-fury last time round? 3 days?

That said, with the druid reveal, new pets and buffs, it really felt like something was terribly wrong. Back to the same old, good to feel the love again.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!