We Heal as One Feedback [merged]

in Ranger

Posted by: AgitatedFox.5287

AgitatedFox.5287

I don’t like the way he responded with that. Just shows a complete lack of respect for the ranger community.

Ranger Danger!

in Ranger

Posted by: kevvy.5081

kevvy.5081

What is wrong with you players with wanting so much? Boons used to be not so easily obtained. Now you’re complaining if you can’t have a full stack of perma boons?? This game shouldn’t become, “Boon Wars 2: the Game of Boons”. Boons should be limited as scarcity is what makes them special. The Dev’s have been making a design mistake by giving far too much access to boons and subsequently conditions. Dev’s in this area, less is more!

You have a point, but using fortifying bond’s duration is way to harsh though. Ele’s and Wars on the otherhand…

in Ranger

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

I cannot believe this isn’t how it was implemented in the first place.

in Ranger

Posted by: Puck.9612

Puck.9612

What is wrong with you players with wanting so much? Boons used to be not so easily obtained. Now you’re complaining if you can’t have a full stack of perma boons?? This game shouldn’t become, “Boon Wars 2: the Game of Boons”. Boons should be limited as scarcity is what makes them special. The Dev’s have been making a design mistake by giving far too much access to boons and subsequently conditions. Dev’s in this area, less is more!

The game already is Boon Wars 2 and we are the only ones who weren’t invited.
Ranger is outclassed in every game mode, why the kitten are they nerfing anything when there is a list of 50 something kittening bugs that need to be fixed? Why the kitten are they nerfing a build that had multiple counters? Why the kitten aren’t they doing something about all the kitten traits like MDG? Why the kitten have pets been broken since launch?

We don’t want “so much”. We want kittening anything to be addressed. Bare minimum we want some kittening communication with the dev’s rather than seeing a kittening twitter post saying “I’m nerfing something that isn’t even strong for lulz.”

Jim Hunter when my other account isn’t suspended

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

This skill is gonna need to be changed unfortunately.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

(edited by Moderator)

in Ranger

Posted by: Wolfs Shadow.7234

Wolfs Shadow.7234

“We heal as one” just went from a plus to a bust in less than 24 hours. An amusing turn around and probably the quickest over reaction I’ve seen in this community since beta.

edit Also thank you Anet for the stealth nerf going from 13 boon transfer to now 11. May not seem like much but it does add salt to the wound.

(edited by Wolfs Shadow.7234)

in Ranger

Posted by: Eurantien.4632

Eurantien.4632

Crazy boon duration? Every class but ranger can might stack. Crazy swiftness, fury, regen duration? We already had that. Crazy protection duration? We already have that from WS and NM (what most rangers run these says). The only crazy thing was the quickness duration.

in Ranger

Posted by: SemiProBBQ.8946

SemiProBBQ.8946

The fact you lot can’t even see with your own eyes why it needed a nerf is the reason you don’t deserve one.

it needed a nerf, it DID NOT need to be reduced to three might stacks, kittening really? god forbid rangers get some might without being carried around by a warrior or ele roy needs to stay on rev and stop kicking sand in rangers faces

Delecroix – Ranger master race

in Ranger

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Im fairly certain the devs dont actually play the game. If they did they would realise that sacrificing your heal, 2 trait lines, 2 utilities and elite skill for some boons is not worth it at all.

Mean while warriors/eles can give 25 stacks of might for themselves and the party without sacrificing much. But clearly rangers need a nerf.

Ah wells back to Troll urgently for me then

You are not sacrificing anything. You still get all those things and can be massively effective while also getting all the boons, making you more effective again.

If people were playing WHaO and blowing all those skills for a ‘setup’ burst, they were doing it wrong. The potential is there to do that if needed, but its far better to build around NOT spamming those skills and to be able to do so if needed. WHaO is still by far the better skill.

in Ranger

Posted by: Danigar.3795

Danigar.3795

I can agree that the duration limit was needed. The might stack limit however was completely unnecessary. I mean we have PS warriors stacking 25 might on an entire group, but ranger isn’t allowed to do it just for itself and pet? Seems a bit unfair.

in Ranger

kevvy.5081

So when is the nerf to PS warrior coming?

And every other might stacking professions, Anet(or Roy).

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

Static duration is the laziest thing ever. They could cap the duration…that would have been ok. Zero reason to cap the might since everyone runs 25 stacks (but rangers lol).

Irieno might have mic dropped…but Roy just dropped Irieno lol.

in Ranger

Posted by: Raven.9603

Raven.9603

“We heal as one!”.png We Heal As One: Tuned the copied boons to use flat duration values per boon and apply boons to the ranger pet before copying boons back to the player. This skill will now only grant three stacks of might if that boon is copied.

It doesnt work at all on quickness now.

SBI | Oceans | Ranger – Thief – Ele – Eng – Nec – Guard – Rev
Celestial Avatar is like an old man: Takes forever to get up and is spent in 4 seconds

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Hey if other classes can stack boons it might step on the toes of the classes Roy likes to play.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

snip

He has already stated that it will function like Fortifying Bond which is how it should have worked in the first place.

Now you get your nerf, congratz Mc.

Moving back to my old build.

I don’t even like that build.
Enjoy your nerfed build.

Edited:

Tested, 3 stacks of might, 3 secs protection, 2 sec quickness
Worthless.

Now I know how Anet see ranger, which is an inferior class that has to do everything more inferior than the rest of the classes.

Oh, I’m guessing you’re super happy now Mc, because I bet you’re not even a ranger.

Moving back to my OP burn Guardian. (LOL, Ele burning got nerfed to ground while Guardian left unscratched, see the double standard here?)

I got infracted for my response to you, so I will apologize for that, but ok have fun playing guard.

in Ranger

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

The might stacking nerf was uncalled for.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

The thing is now I’m worried about how Druid is going to be handled post release of HoT.

Is other professions going to knee jerk a nerf to it because they don’t like the healing/etc?
I’m almost expecting it to get nerfed at this point, and I don’t think I am going to be surprised by this point if it did.
It’s been about 3 years now that I’m used to not being a wanted class in most game areas and being the most bottom level. I really love the class and it’s my most favorite one.
But I want to actually be an effective member of a team and not have such a bad stigma. It’s just tiring after a bit.

Ancient Seeds is getting nerfed right after BWE3. It’s Druid…last to be announced and first to be nerfed. We only WISH they would let it make it to launch!

in Ranger

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

So incredibly frustrating. Like, if this is so broken that it needs a dev tweet the day after release, how could they have missed it when designing the change? Constant knee-jerk reactions when it comes to Ranger. Get it together already. Trust your own designers rather than a bunch of salty teenagers on a forum that represent a fraction of your playerbase.

exactly. Who designed this? Anyone? Was it darts at a dartboard? Did anyone even look at what boons a ranger can get before implementing this?

The real anger from the community here, isn’t the nerf itself, but the obvious lack of attention to detail from devs when it comes to designing the ranger (with the exception of Irenio whom I like a lot), i.e. they don’t give a kitten.

Rangers have needed boon sharing with their pet since the game was released. So no, not darts on a dartboard, something necessary that they didn’t think over the specifics of.

If sharing boons to our pet was a requirement for ranger to be successful (which it’s not) every ranger would be running nature magic for fortifying bond, which does exactly what you’re saying, but without a cast time, and without a cd, and without wasting your heal skill.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Ranger

kevvy.5081

Static duration is the laziest thing ever. They could cap the duration…that would have been ok. Zero reason to cap the might since everyone runs 25 stacks (but rangers lol).

Irieno might have mic dropped…but Roy just dropped Irieno lol.

Seriously, I want Irenio to comment on this. Was this a knee jerk reaction by a small group of anet devs(Roy), or as a whole.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

The skill was very obviously over-done on the first go around, but due to people’s constant whining after only a day, its now under-tuned. At least Anet was smart enough to not screw with the healing amount while they added this.

(edited to remove the most negative parts….)

(edited by Chrispy.5641)

in Ranger

kevvy.5081

“We heal as one!”.png We Heal As One: Tuned the copied boons to use flat duration values per boon and apply boons to the ranger pet before copying boons back to the player. This skill will now only grant three stacks of might if that boon is copied.

It doesnt work at all on quickness now.

I tried it and got 2 extra seconds!

in Ranger

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

While in another dimension d/d eles warriors and engis can stack 25 might and also other boons in their rotation.

Everything is fine now ranger remains useless.

Anyone wanna bet how fast will druid get nerf? imo 12 hours.

in Ranger

Posted by: BrotatoChipps.9158

BrotatoChipps.9158

I’m satisfied with a buff. Any QoL change that boosts ranger’s playability in the 3 branches of GW2 is welcomed. However, the problem I see with this change is not that it was nerfed. The problem is that this change was added so quickly, untested, to the live game.

Clearly copying your pet’s boons has the potential to be overpowered. Rangers have a lot of quickness access (not to mention protection from Guard!), and the ramifications of such a change to this heal skill should have been obvious.

Regardless of how this class compares to all the others with or without this change, it begs the question of “Why was it added in the first place?”

At the end of the day, there is nothing to be upset about, all of this is out of our hands. I appreciate the devs’ work on all classes, not just ranger. I’m just concerned about future changes, namely those for the druid, and hope dearly that this kind of “untested buff->unsavory change” will be avoided going forward. All that it produces is a salty community, watching the shiny new addition deteriorate into mediocrity in less than a day.

tl;dr: This buff came from nowhere only to be immediately downgraded. Buffs are fantastic regardless, but I hope this style of implementation does not become a pattern going forward.

Attachments:

Northern Shiverpeaks
- Twisted Rune [tR]

(edited by BrotatoChipps.9158)

in Ranger

Posted by: Stilgar.6437

Stilgar.6437

way overnerfed. I mean ok it needed a tweak but to completly trash it was unjustified. THose boon durations are to short, you cant really justify ever equiping it.

Pet looses out on all boons because of the 5-player limit. THis was the only way to buff the pet in pve (you cant take NM in pve, its way to weak).

Some explanation of why it got so overnerfed would be nice.

Back to Troll Unguent i guess. Dont leave WHaO in the trash forever though, remember to work on it in future patches and find a way to make it useful.

in Ranger

Posted by: Loyo.8526

Loyo.8526

Its as if they thought of a good idea, implemented it, and then took it away because the situation, while very stupid in nature, produced happy people.

Bets placed on Druid? Nerfed before BWE3.

Khloe Deschanel – Human Necromancer/ Ami Ginju – Human Ranger [DOLO] -SBI
I stream sometimes: http://www.twitch.tv/kidtofu/
“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum”

in Ranger

Posted by: Serromus Jakta.3987

Serromus Jakta.3987

Ok, then what about Phalanx and Herald, especially Herald with their facets? this game is Game of Boons already, by looking at Herald it is obvious that this is still intended by the devs, so i see the point of people being angry about the nerf, because it is not fair that other classes can almost and have perma boons and yet the ranger gets access to this and gets nerfed quickly.

How much time did it took for them to realize that ice bow was completely broken and op and needed a nerf? they even buffed it, with the specialization update and now they realize is broken? one can come to the conclusion that they really have no clue on how to balance some classes, either that or there is no organization in balancing decisions, no coordination and no teamwork, maybe even conflict between some of the devs regarding balancing, as if someone in charge just wants certain classes to be ahead of the others on purpose.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Again, it is also the case that a Heal skill that had no added functionality before the patch now has a nice little buff that it didn’t have before.

in Ranger

Posted by: Shadelang.3012

Shadelang.3012

Honestly. I just want to know what they think the ranger SHOULD be able to do. Im serious. We cant seflishly stack might. Our group support only works in one game mode. Our overall dps is below that of other classes. Our class mechanic doesn’t work in any content with more than 5 players except in short bursts.

What are we supposed to be able to do?

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Posted by: Jericho.4598

Jericho.4598

Druid’s crowd control and healing potential will get the same exact treatment as the Ranger profession has for the past three years.

First, if healing specs are required in raids, ArenaNet will find that other classes will not be on par with the ability to heal as the Druid, nerfbat incoming for heal coefficients and skills.

Secondly, I have a feeling Ancient Seeds will be “too strong”. ArenaNet wants the Druid to be a heavy control and healing class, but I can see them giving some stupid excuse to nerf daze because we already have the “really strong trait, Moment of Clarity” to increase daze duration, so that is going to get nerf.

Thirdly, condition removal upon entering Celestial Form will be from 13 conditions cleared to 3. The super speed and stealth trait will either get nerfed to 1 second duration of each respective buffs or removed all together because we are already too “tanky” with heals so we don’t need the stealth.

You heard it here first folks, heed our destiny!

Rangers. We inherit the wild.

in Ranger

Posted by: Elxdark.9702

Elxdark.9702

I still don’t know why they did cap the might to 3 stacks, I literally don’t know why….

in Ranger

Posted by: AgitatedFox.5287

AgitatedFox.5287

Shade, do not be discouraged. I sent this thread to Roy on twitter and he reaponded saying “I work on all combat/profession things. All skills/combat designers are involved in the design of each profession.. I agree ranger shouts need some work though, I’ll take a look at the suggestions.”

THIS IS PROGRESS

Ranger Danger!

in Ranger

Posted by: Stilgar.6437

Stilgar.6437

way over-nerfed. Think it was just a lazy quick-fix (copy the trait functionality). Do remember to work on it in future balance passes. Its trash tier now again and cant compete with troll.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chrispy.5641

Chrispy.5641

The thing is now I’m worried about how Druid is going to be handled post release of HoT.

Is other professions going to knee jerk a nerf to it because they don’t like the healing/etc?
I’m almost expecting it to get nerfed at this point, and I don’t think I am going to be surprised by this point if it did.
It’s been about 3 years now that I’m used to not being a wanted class in most game areas and being the most bottom level. I really love the class and it’s my most favorite one.
But I want to actually be an effective member of a team and not have such a bad stigma. It’s just tiring after a bit.

They (anet) tried already to justify the virtual perma daze with Druid and Celestial form, but they’ll quickly take that statement back and issue a nerf once every other class and “Rangers” start moaning about it. Meanwhile, us Rangers will wonder why we’re so hated and ignored….

in Ranger

Posted by: SemiProBBQ.8946

SemiProBBQ.8946

what’s sad is how right i think you are, the moment i saw that 13 condis in the stream i new that kitten wasnt gonna last

Delecroix – Ranger master race

in Ranger

Levetty.1279

No what will happen is that whatever people use from the Base Ranger to make their druid builds will get nerfed. They need their healer class to sell their Raids to get WoW kids to buy the expansion. So conditions will get nerfed and rapidfire will get shaved down and Moment of Clarity will get gutted and then Pet damage will get cut in half again just like last time we had a bunker build. Then Maybe druids will get nerfed and Rangers will be in an even worse spot.

in Ranger

Posted by: Oberon Vex.1389

Oberon Vex.1389

They (anet) tried already to justify the virtual perma daze with Druid and Celestial form, but they’ll quickly take that statement back and issue a nerf once every other class and “Rangers” start moaning about it. Meanwhile, us Rangers will wonder why we’re so hated and ignored….

With Moment of Clarity it is an AoE 6s daze on kitten cd. it will be changed.

in Ranger

Levetty.1279

Shuffling all the posts into one thread so they won’t have to read it. This is how they treat their customers.

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

…Id like to dispute my thread being merged into this one. As it was on the subject of the other shout utilities and NOT on heal as one. Is there a way for me to request that it be re-seperated?

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Posted by: BolshoiBooze.3406

BolshoiBooze.3406

Oh look, it all got merged into one big thread where no post will ever be read by anyone.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Big kittening surprise. Thanks for ignoring us once again.

in Ranger

Posted by: oshilator.4681

oshilator.4681

Merged? Typical. Now they don’t have to actually read anything.

Headdesk

in Ranger

Shadelang.3012

Until I can get an awnser on my thread being un-merged. For those that were part of the shout utility conversation my post begins on page 7.

Ghost Yak

in Ranger

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Please don’t turn it into the mess that the Druid feedback thread was…

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

in Ranger

Posted by: Photinous.4628

Photinous.4628

Gross, another 10 page merged thread that I will just ignore because of the junk that was combined together.

in Ranger

Puck.9612

Until I can get an awnser on my thread being un-merged. For those that were part of the shout utility conversation my post begins on page 7.

Better off just remaking the thread, it’s completely unreadable now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Zalani.9827

Zalani.9827

Yeah, I suggest that also.

Jadis Narnia-Sylvari Ranger of [EDGE]
Dragonbrand

in Ranger

Levetty.1279

Thats why they did it.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

Hey,

This thread was merged at the request of the designers. Having one thread, instead of a dozen, makes reviewing easier and makes your feedback more meaningful. For one thing, having a merged thread hopefully persuades people to not post a dozen times with the same comment, and it encourage people to read the thread and see “That’s what I feel” so they can quote and add, instead of being redundant.

The objective absolutely is not to silence you, or brush the subject under the rug. The objective is to facilitate your feedback getting to the devs, and helping them review, appraise, and decide on any potential changes.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet

in Ranger

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

This is just….ridiculous…..why is everything getting merged?! It doesn’t make sense! I’ve seen other topics in threads after nerfs and buffs and they never got merged no matter how similar they were!

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Ranger

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Previous

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Next

And yes, thanks to the lovely time-stamp merging, we know that some conversations can get a little odd. That’s not a big deal. Forum members can sort it out as they read and post. More importantly, perhaps, devs can see the preponderant ideas and make decisions about them.

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet