What's Wrong With Being A Healer?

in Ranger

Posted by: Warcry.1596

Warcry.1596

My issue is this. It will either be REQUIRED, as in, it must be used, or content is impossible, or it will just be another build possible and thus serve no purpose.

“He shall make whole that which was torn asunder.
Restore that which was lost. And all shall be as one.”

in Ranger

Posted by: anduriell.6280

anduriell.6280

Is whining about whining really any better?

I’m just saying the excessive complaining isn’t going to change anything. We haven’t even had our hands on this elite spec yet and it’s already being condemned or outright rejected. If the Druid’s concept isn’t your thing, then fair enough, but you are not forced to use it, so I don’t see the point of repeatedly complaining about the fact that it might not fit your choice of playstyle. Those who complain about it being useless, weak, and whatnot should wait before making such statements, at least until after the Beta weekend, when they and everyone else have had the chance to test out the spec and gather information on it that can be used to back up those complaints. Or, better yet, use that data to give constructive feedback for the devs to use, so that they can adjust it and make it even better. Just look how much the other elite specs and even the Revenant as a whole has gained and are gaining from the propper feedback players have provided after last two Beta weekends.

We have too much experienced in being disappointed with the changes in ranger.
For what is shown in the twichtcon the Druid has all the votes to become another one and the lack of communication from Irenio does it not make us feel better.

The same as i foresaw the changes in the balance patch will make the ranger the pariah of GW2 and i was right then i foresee if the Druid stays with the exclusive healing path it will become the pariah child of the ranger pariah.
We will have the full set then.

Ok I get that but if that is the case then why continue focusing on a class that is constantly disappointing? If you are not happy with it then maybe you should consider switching to something else and letting it go until it is where you want it to be, we are responsible for our own feelings after all.

Because of the human nature itself deem us to hope things will change when there is still a possibility. And because i’ve invested too many hours in that class and is really depressing to think it is waste.
Also because i like to win and make the ranger and the druid fun and rewarding classes to play is the win for me and win for all in this case.

I TOLD YOU SO
Inverse to Apple: SBeast is the worst yet.. jurl jurl
I’m all in for Team Irenio!

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

Oh please stop it with human nature stuff dont do that allot of other people do not, its a video game man not real life where it truly matters for something that we truly need hope for. And its kind of your own fault for investing more hours into your ranger knowing it was not getting the attention you want, but coming in complaining over and over like a broken record will not change it. You could of invested time that time in other classes or something else.

I’m just saying the excessive complaining isn’t going to change anything. We haven’t even had our hands on this elite spec yet and it’s already being condemned or outright rejected. If the Druid’s concept isn’t your thing, then fair enough, but you are not forced to use it, so I don’t see the point of repeatedly complaining about the fact that it might not fit your choice of playstyle. Those who complain about it being useless, weak, and whatnot should wait before making such statements, at least until after the Beta weekend, when they and everyone else have had the chance to test out the spec and gather information on it that can be used to back up those complaints. Or, better yet, use that data to give constructive feedback for the devs to use, so that they can adjust it and make it even better. Just look how much the other elite specs and even the Revenant as a whole has gained and are gaining from the propper feedback players have provided after last two Beta weekends.

For what is shown in the twichtcon the Druid has all the votes to become another one and the lack of communication from Irenio does it not make us feel better.

The same as i foresaw the changes in the balance patch will make the ranger the pariah of GW2 and i was right then i foresee if the Druid stays with the exclusive healing path it will become the pariah child of the ranger pariah.

Ok I get that but if that is the case then why continue focusing on a class that is constantly disappointing? If you are not happy with it then maybe you should consider switching to something else and letting it go until it is where you want it to be, we are responsible for our own feelings after all.

Because of the human nature itself deem us to hope things will change when there is still a possibility. And because i’ve invested too many hours in that class and is really depressing to think it is waste.
Also because i like to win and make the ranger and the druid fun and rewarding classes to play is the win for me and win for all in this case.

Oh come on, stop it with human nature stuff. I dont do that, allot of other people do not, its a video game man not real life where it truly matters for something that we truly need hope for. And its kind of your own fault for investing more hours into your ranger knowing it was not getting the attention you want, but coming in complaining over and over like a broken record will not change it. You could of invested time that time in other classes or something else.

And if you really like the ranger you would stop being so negative about it, being aware of its flaws and constantly focusing on it are 2 very different things.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

Oh please stop it with human nature stuff dont do that allot of other people do not, its a video game man not real life where it truly matters for something that we truly need hope for. And its kind of your own fault for investing more hours into your ranger knowing it was not getting the attention you want, but coming in complaining over and over like a broken record will not change it. You could of invested time that time in other classes or something else.

Oh come on, stop it with human nature stuff. I dont do that, allot of other people do not, its a video game man not real life where it truly matters for something that we truly need hope for. And its kind of your own fault for investing more hours into your ranger knowing it was not getting the attention you want, but coming in complaining over and over like a broken record will not change it. You could of invested time that time in other classes or something else.

And if you really like the ranger you would stop being so negative about it, being aware of its flaws and constantly focusing on it are 2 very different things.

You might want to work on your forumizing as you are attributing statements to me that I did not make.

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

I’m not being negative, i’m being realistic.
Being delusional about how bad things can get it will not help. It is better to see the shortcomings and warn about them than just behave like a sheep and follow what the dev says.

Also i’m entitled to complain as much as i feel as long that i have a reason for that.
It is you trying to contempt with a half baked class that is not helping the greater good.

If you allow it the devs most probably would try to follow the law of minimum effort, as the avatar state mechanics is no more than a Tome of Courage.
You should be asking for more, it is from the players that actually play ranger whose can give a lot of points to make the Druid the greatest and most fun class to play with.

All this whining about whining reminds me the time i told the ranger would be nerfed to oblivion with the balance changes and there were some that support them as brilliant like if Anet paid them to do it so.

The Druid is not fine how it is designed right now the same as the ranger is a subpar class. And that is a fact.

Now just curious how people will behave in one month or so after the release when they see its a bummer.

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

It’s fun how some rangers are arrogant enough to think a class with no damage mitigation and offensive support can be called a true support class.

Guardian has party-wide:

Might, Quickness, Protection, Aegis, Cleanse, 100% uptime reflection

Ele has party-wide:

25 mights, fury, cleanse, heal, protection, lightning field/fire field/water field.

And Druid only has heal and cleanse. (and a fury that relies on pet and has nothing to do with Druid. Druid has no improvement on pet either)

Do you think Fractal 50 foes don’t hit like truck? Even with that standard of damage, healing is still not needed. (Because you’d have die anyway, it’s better to “mitigate” the damage entirely through permanent reflection, Aegis, protection). Let me ask you, do you really think Ele can afford to be hit and then healed up in difficult contents? You’d get “one~two shot” in the true challenging contents. One successful aegis equates to 10k+healing. That’s why healers are useless in the original game to begin with.
If the contents are not “difficult enough”, then there’s no need of a healer anyway.

Yes, Druid may be needed in Raid, but for 95% of other contents, Guardians can do better.

Hf dreaming, fellow pirate-shippers who thought Druid is OP.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Ranger

Posted by: Mcrocha.3891

Mcrocha.3891

The Druid is not fine how it is designed right now the same as the ranger is a subpar class. And that is a fact.

Now just curious how people will behave in one month or so after the release when they see its a bummer.

Way too many people are pointlessly crying like this. How can you say the Druid is not fine, when you haven’t even played it yet. You assume that it will be bad because of your own personal bias when in fact it could be very good. Inetead of whining, Theorycraftin stuff you think will be interesting to test out. Then you can actually give feedback after beta that doesn’t involve “waah Druid isn’t what I wanted it to be, waaah”.

Local Charr Ruins Everything

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

Way too many people are pointlessly crying like this. How can you say the Druid is not fine, when you haven’t even played it yet. You assume that it will be bad because of your own personal bias when in fact it could be very good. Inetead of whining, Theorycraftin stuff you think will be interesting to test out. Then you can actually give feedback after beta that doesn’t involve “waah Druid isn’t what I wanted it to be, waaah”.

And you assume Druid will be good without even playing too.

How are you any less biased then?
Everyone here are biased.

We give our reasons in great detail of why we dislike Druid, and why it could be bad, but some of you defenders give none of those, and all you guys do is “whining” about people who criticize Druid. You can’t even give us reasons why you think Druid fits ranger theme, or has ANY mechanic that has to do with ranger (like Reaper’s Shroud, Chrono’s shatter, Berserker’s Adrenaline) and why it could be useful in anywhere other than raid.

(edited by Aomine.5012)

in Ranger

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Healing is not necessary.

Repeat that to yourself until it sinks in.

Got it? Ok, now think about what Druid can and cannot do.

Do you see now?

No? Ok, repeat after me again:

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

We give our reasons in great detail of why we dislike Druid, and why it could be bad, but some of you defenders give none of those, and all you guys do is “whining” about people who criticize Druid. You can’t even give us reasons why you think Druid fits ranger theme, or has ANY mechanic that has to do with ranger (like Reaper’s Shroud, Chrono’s shatter, Berserker’s Adrenaline) and why it could be useful in anywhere other than raid.

I don’t have to give reasons because I’m not coming on the forums crying about nothing. If I were here creating threads about why the Druid is fantastic and claiming that I can’t wait for other people to be disappointed when it’s not bad like they thought, then I would provide reasons to explain my argument.

I do not assume it will be good without playing it. I assume that it has the base that we need it to have in order for it to become what we need it to be. And that with proper theorycrafting and testing during Beta we can get it to the state we need it to be, which is better than going on the forums and saying I can’t wait for all of you to see Druid is a bummer a month from now.

All the naysayers are dismissing it for reasons like “it doesn’t fit the Ranger theme, it doesn’t change our pet mechanic, it doesn’t look that cool” seriously these are superficial reasons at best that have no bearing on the actual gameplay of the Druid. We all know it doesn’t fit the common archetype of what a Druid is, but sorry to break it to you, this is a GW2 Druid and thus perfectly fits the archetype of a GW2 Druid.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

Do you see now?

Pve changes are not necessary.

Got it? Ok, now think about what Ranger can and cannot do in PvP.

Do you see it now?

No, ok, repeat after me again:

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

I don’t have to give reasons because I’m not coming on the forums crying about nothing. If I were here creating threads about why the Druid is fantastic and claiming that I can’t wait for other people to be disappointed when it’s not bad like they thought, then I would provide reasons to explain my argument.

I do not assume it will be good without playing it. I assume that it has the base that we need it to have in order for it to become what we need it to be. And that with proper theorycrafting and testing during Beta we can get it to the state we need it to be, which is better than going on the forums and saying I can’t wait for all of you to see Druid is a bummer a month from now.

All the naysayers are dismissing it for reasons like “it doesn’t fit the Ranger theme, it doesn’t change our pet mechanic, it doesn’t look that cool” seriously these are superficial reasons at best that have no bearing on the actual gameplay of the Druid. We all know it doesn’t fit the common archetype of what a Druid is, but sorry to break it to you, this is a GW2 Druid and thus perfectly fits the archetype of a GW2 Druid.

If you’re being indifferent about this matter and ask everyone who has different opinion than you to shut-up, you really shouldn’t bother posting then.

We’re here to give our ideas and our feeling , which is called “feedback” to the developers. Base on what we see from the video, which is very likely to be the semi final version of Druid (because hey, it’s too late to do anything since HoT is right in front of us and only one beta left!), we are displeased about the entire design of Druid, both thematically and focus, and I’m not the only one.

End of story.

in Ranger

Mcrocha.3891

If you’re being indifferent about this matter and ask everyone who has different opinion than you to shut-up, you really shouldn’t bother posting then.

We’re here to give our ideas and our feeling , which is called “feedback” to the developers. Base on what we see from the video, which is very likely to be the semi final version of Druid (because hey, it’s too late to do anything since HoT is right in front of us and only one beta left!), we are displeased about the entire design of Druid, both thematically and focus, and I’m not the only one.

End of story.

Fine I’ll let you wallow in your self-misery, but don’t go on Balance threads and complain about stuff that doesn’t have anything to do with Balance like Druid doesn’t fit thematically or its design isn’t what you want it to be.

It’s not good to live under the impression of self-fulfilling prophecies by the way. Without even trying the Druid you have labeled it poorly and already have a negative impression of it when you should at least give it a chance.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

So, I have come to wonder why Irenio has been silent/absent from the Ranger forums for so long. Did he get put lead of Ramger recently? Like, at the start of the Druid or was it just a few days ago? Sure, I understand keeping mum about the Druid but why no Irenio communication about the Ranger?

on twithchcon he said he was reading rangers forums everynight after coming back from work (and if he stil does its a saint man considering amount of crap over here if you ask me) but couldn’t post because of possibility of spoiling druid to early.

since then he did posted once that he jus tcame back from twitchcon and as soon a he will get up after that event he will be visiting us more often.

but then considerign what kind of crap our little sweety ranger forum community did just after that I’m totally understanding why he did not posted yet…..

someone wanted a guy to give some statistics about what majority of community thinks about druid?

on these forum since druid reveal I’ve spotted like 8-9 people being negative about druid where 5-6 of them spams multpile posts in every thread even remotely close to druid thread making it looking like it was more of them….

meanwhile I’ve also spotted like 4-5 people being positive about it also here on forums

please bear in mind this counts only people that made more than one post on the matter so I had a chance to actually spot them

and then I asked my guild what they think about druid

out of 30 players online every one who had a ranger character said its awesome while these who did not had ranger just said “I’m not interested in ranger stuff”

which when summed up would make a majority being positive (however the statistical sample is to small to talk about whole community) but then I’ve noticed no more that 40 different accounts here on ranger forums so even this is not a viable statistical samples to talk about whole community

which big chunk of you guys does here alot.

and to the guy that think repeating over in over how healing is not needed
In sub-optimal teams its pretty kitten usefull

for example – recently I fill some of my free time teaching new players in our guild how to run AC exploration mode – as a ranger – and I already can see how much thing may make my job a way easier

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

Yeah, possible, but after reading about the Druid reveal I still don’t understand why we’ve had many many many months of silence on the Ranger… because the Druid could be tacked onto any profession given almost all of it doesn’t interact with the Ranger class mechanic at all.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Bryzy is just a troll at this point, claiming to speak for every ranger and kittenting up every discussion that isnt’ blind praise for the druid. The best thing to do is ignore him and he will eventually go back to WoW while GW2 fans are left with the mess that they will have to turn PvE into to make Druid a viable spec.

in Ranger

Posted by: SkiTz.4590

SkiTz.4590

Bryzy is just a troll at this point, claiming to speak for every ranger and kittenting up every discussion that isnt’ blind praise for the druid. The best thing to do is ignore him and he will eventually go back to WoW while GW2 fans are left with the mess that they will have to turn PvE into to make Druid a viable spec.

Bryzy has been on ignore by 99% of the competent ppl in ranger forums that try to have meaningful discussion.

He’s a confirmed troll.

in Ranger

Posted by: KayCee.4653

KayCee.4653

This is my two cents on it all…

I would like another class to be a healer than elementalist (staff users). I’ve out healed on Necro using Death Shroud number 4 skill than most necros. I’ve out healed on guardian using the signet of courage than any class I’ve played up to this point. It may not be practical for the current dungeons and fractals we do now, but in EotM and WvW Druids will be a god send for those large zerg versus zerg fights.

However, with that said, I like that Druid depending on how you spec it can be healer, or DPS and we are already tanky if you learn to dodge things right. However, we still need more reliable skills that are practical in PvP, but meh we’ll see how it goes from there.

Oh and by the way in all other games MMOs I’ve played, I prefer healing over dps and tanking. I love the challenge you get from doing all that, so for me I’m looking forward to it.

(edited by KayCee.4653)

in Ranger

Ryou.2398

You might want to work on your forumizing as you are attributing statements to me that I did not make.

Except you did make them.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ashen.2907

Ashen.2907

At first it could have been a simple mistake caused by inaccurate use of the quote function.

But when the mistake is pointed out and you still insist that a falsehood is true it becomes something else. It is a lie.

The statement you insist on ascribing to me was made by anduriell on this very page where it can be easily checked. Not just a lie but a bad lie.

(edited by Ashen.2907)

in Ranger

Ryou.2398

At first it could have been a simple mistake caused by inaccurate use of the quote function.

But when the mistake is pointed out and you still insist that a falsehood is true it becomes something else. It is a lie.

The statement you insist on ascribing to me was made by anduriell on this very page where it can be easily checked. Not just a lie but a bad lie.

Its not a lie it was a mistake, my apologies, relax there kiddo.

(edited by Ryou.2398)

in Ranger

Posted by: Deth.4109

Deth.4109

No one made a Ranger to be a healer. NO ONE. No one invested hours or days of their life into building up a ranger so that it can be a healer. This is just a fact. No one did. It was not even an option. And we were okay with that.

This line of reasoning is nonsense. no one made a ranger to be healer because it didn’t use to exist….

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

No one made a Ranger to be a healer. NO ONE. No one invested hours or days of their life into building up a ranger so that it can be a healer. This is just a fact. No one did. It was not even an option. And we were okay with that.

This line of reasoning is nonsense. no one made a ranger to be healer because it didn’t use to exist….

It exist in Ele, and believed to exist in Guardian initially.

People who would like to play “HEALER” would initially sign up for Guardian 100% of the time base on class description and theme. (For those who don’t know the game well enough that is)

There’s MINIMAL chance they sign up ranger and think that they’d one day takes on a healer role, and created ranger because they know they can be healer in the future.

in Ranger

Deth.4109

People who would like to play “HEALER” would initially sign up for Guardian 100% of the time base on class description and theme. (For those who don’t know the game well enough that is)

the point of elite specs was to give professions play styles that they didn’t have access to before. no one made a guardian to use bows and traps but that doesn’t have a thing to do with the class variations elite specs intend to provide. if you want to play a ranger you play a ranger, if you want to play a ranger that can heal you play a druid.

in Ranger

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

What’s wrong with healers? Nothing. What’s wrong with rangers being healers? Quite a few things.

the point of elite specs was to give professions play styles that they didn’t have access to before.

The point of elite specs was to allow professions to expand in different ways that still suited the class. Guardians being ranger-wannabes and rangers being monk/guardian-wannabes doesn’t make sense and it never will. Hypothetically, a “monk” specialization which turned guardians into backline supporters would be a fitting elite specialization. To use an existing example, reapers are quite like this too. They allow necromancers to do what they usually do (debuffing/damage) except at close-range (with an emphasis on chill and cleaving).

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Ranger

Deth.4109

What’s wrong with healers? Nothing. What’s wrong with rangers being healers? Quite a few things.

the point of elite specs was to give professions play styles that they didn’t have access to before.

The point of elite specs was to allow professions to expand in different ways that still suited the class. Guardians being ranger-wannabes and rangers being monk/guardian-wannabes doesn’t make sense and it never will. Hypothetically, a “monk” specialization which turned guardians into backline supporters would be a fitting elite specialization. To use an existing example, reapers are quite like this too. They allow necromancers to do what they usually do (debuffing/damage) except at close-range (with an emphasis on chill and cleaving).

https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/game/#specializations read it. elite specs just need to fit theme of your base profession but the play style and mechanic can be focused in any direction.

in Ranger

Aomine.5012

https://heartofthorns.guildwars2.com/game/#specializations read it. elite specs just need to fit theme of your base profession but the play style and mechanic can be focused in any direction.

Please explain in detail, how Druid fit in any of ranger’s theme?

Glyphs?

Holy celestial being?

Pets?

Healing?

I see none.

in Ranger

Fashion Mage.3712

So what you’re saying is, you think it’s okay that rangers have an elite spec which spams blue healing light at people 24/7, and you think it’s okay that this somehow isn’t on guardians? Also, let’s not ignore the monk references or that over half of Celestial Form is stolen from Tome of Courage.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lazze.9870

Lazze.9870

Simply put, the druid potentially offers a ton of options in terms of sustain and surviveability to current non-viable pvp/wvw setups. It gives people a reliable way of cleansing conditions without being forced into Wilderness Survival. And on its own it has traits and skill that offers more than just healing. It adds both build and role variety. The question isn’t what’s wrong with being a healer, the question is how people don’t see the potential this elite spec has outside pure healing roles.

Wether people like it or not, it’s objectively a strong looking specialization on paper in 2 out of 3 game modes, with a current question mark lingering on how it’s gonna fare in PvE. Regardless, Irenio did a good job – that’s a good thing in terms of future ranger changes and elite specs. Take that for what it is.

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

the point of elite specs was to give professions play styles that they didn’t have access to before. no one made a guardian to use bows and traps but that doesn’t have a thing to do with the class variations elite specs intend to provide. if you want to play a ranger you play a ranger, if you want to play a ranger that can heal you play a druid.

The customers (because we already paid for the product) her aren’t complaining because the Druid is mainly focused in healing, is because half of his mechanics is only and exclusively healing and the other half is subpar in range or effect.
And ranger has a core profession that is subpar is any sense

I know what all the white knights praising the druid master race are thinking : you get your meta zerk ranger and use avatar druid for healing.
Well use your brain and think again

• You bring supar damage from the zerker ranger.
  • you bring no support or utilities fro your zerker ranger.
  • You bring an occasional healing burst, and let me explain this: in the site is written you have to fill up to 100% the astral bar and from damage you get close to nothing.
    And again: Roy explained that druid is burst heal while Rev is sustained. Difference? Burst is not all the time think more about ONCE IN A WHILE

So unless the Ventari is really bad and Ele get nerfed the fields druid is going to be redundant. It is worst, is going to be subpar to other classes.

I like the healing theme, just give more than just healing. And make it significative the excuse of positioning is not good enough without the mobility needed. And not: perma swiftness (that we already can achieve) is not an answer: for positioning the druid needs teleports so it can get to the places it has to be.

Would be like giving the ele a specialization that is exclusively melee physical damage. You can do physical damage with your fist without weapon swap from 0 to 9. And call it Kung (seriously what is wrong with the forum corrector?) fú master.

I TOLD YOU SO

(edited by anduriell.6280)

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

So what you’re saying is, you think it’s okay that rangers have an elite spec which spams blue healing light at people 24/7, and you think it’s okay that this somehow isn’t on guardians? Also, let’s not ignore the monk references or that over half of Celestial Form is stolen from Tome of Courage.

The druid’s role in Guild Wars lore outside of shiftning their shape into spirits hasn’t been very well established by Anet so far. Expect they had something to do with the healing nature of the Maguuma Jungle.

So people might wanna slow down a second or two before they start hitting the ceiling in anger of how little this might fit the ranger, or rambling about how it slightly resembles a dead guardian skill. Half of the warrior longbow are stolen Ranger skills from the first game, you don’t see people moaning about it.

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

The druid’s role in Guild Wars lore outside of shiftning their shape into spirits hasn’t been very well established by Anet so far. Expect they had something to do with the healing nature of the Maguuma Jungle.

So people might wanna slow down a second or two before they start hitting the ceiling in anger of how little this might fit the ranger, or rambling about how it slightly resembles a dead guardian skill. Half of the warrior longbow are stolen Ranger skills from the first game, you don’t see people moaning about it.

Well i’ve heard that the devs are thinking to rename Celestial Avatar to tome of courage 2,0.
The only skill that is different between the tome and avatar is the best skill the tome had: full heal your party (avatar -5).

Why couldn’t they have to come up with more differentiating skills instead 10 heals? I think with Cosmic ray we have already enough clickfest and healing for the party….

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

Well i’ve heard that the devs are thinking to rename Celestial Avatar to tome of courage 2,0.
The only skill that is different between the tome and avatar is the best skill the tome had: full heal your party (avatar -5).

Why couldn’t they have to come up with more differentiating skills instead 10 heals? I think with Cosmic ray we have already enough clickfest and healing for the party….

I was replying someone discussing the thematics, not the mechanics. So what about quoting someone who can be bothered with your pile of complaints, because at the moment I can’t.

They mentioned potentially adding damage to the heal skills. And we got a beta which after you can tell Anet exactly how one-sided you feel the druid is.

in Ranger

Deth.4109

Please explain in detail, how Druid fit in any of ranger’s theme?

Glyphs?

Holy celestial being?

Pets?

Healing?

I see none.

You have an entire trait line called nature magic and you summon elemental spirits as well as healing springs of water. you even call fourth vines from the ground to entangle foes and a skill called “Spirit of Nature”…… I truly hope you are just trolling me right now.

in Ranger

Posted by: Nay of the Ether.8913

Nay of the Ether.8913

In almost every game I can I play some character that at least has a way to heal allies. I usually favour honest to goodness healers if the game has them. I just find it satisfying to watch the tide of a fight turn as I give my team such a ridiculous advantage with the amount of effective health they have thanks to me. I also love the feeling (and the praise) I get when I punt someone out of danger and juuussst save them from what surely would have been their doom.

So please explain, why do so many people find it so much less satisfying bringing health bars up than they do tearing them down? As a healer main I just don’t get it. :/

In this game I suppose the merits of being a healer is that everybody else can spec far more offensively and use their blasts for might generation instead of healing. Having someone to heal the entire team lets everyone else focus on entirely on DPS. If healers turn out good, and needed, maybe that’d be the meta. One healer to allow everyone else to do their own thing.

Edit: It seems that my question isn’t coming through clearly. I’m not asking why people don’t like the Druid, or why people don’t go for healing in GW2 specifically. I want to know what it is about the healer playstyle that so many people don’t like in a lot of different games. When you say “I don’t like playing a healer” what don’t you like? Why isn’t it as fun as any other role to you personally? Hope this clears things up.

I think the main problem people have (not myself though, I am excited about a strong heal-oriented role) is that they are basing the druid play on currently available content and the small bit we know of the expansion. They fail to realize that if there was no role to fill, or no place in the game for druid healing, the devs would not have introduced it because it would just make their job harder. I forsee there being types of encounters coming where there will be unavoidable hits that are not OHKO’s (which imo are bad design anyway- reliance on one shots does not make an exciting encounter at all) and a strong healing class will help bridge the gap left after damage mitigation cannot stop the hits. They also fail to realize druid is not a pure healer. Most of its attacks still do damage, and we have no stat combo in the game that is 100% heal oriented. they all still contain some damage modifier. Now I can still understand why some people feel a little sore about so much healing. On paper it might seem that more control effects and damage mitigation would fit a support specialization better, but there are far too many control and mitigation options already, and not enough strong heals to fill that gap where mitigation cannot help you. This is the scope everyone is failing to see. And I understand too, not many people want a healing role. Even in games where you have a trinity not everyone likes healing. That’s fine, but since this specialization offers mostly heal support, if that is not to your taste, do not take it. This will not be the last specialization ranger offers. It’s also not the only build you can make with druid either.

tl;dr Not everyone likes healing. This is not something new. Players feel shoehorned into healing with druid, which is not true. Druid has other builds. They fail to see the scope of why healing will be needed and only think “zomg why do we have a trinity system now”, which also is not true.

http://almunns.wix.com/elitedeathsociety
~Surrender fiend and you will get an easy death
~I could promise you the same…but it would be a lie…

in Ranger

Deth.4109

In almost every game I can I play some character that at least has a way to heal allies. I usually favour honest to goodness healers if the game has them. I just find it satisfying to watch the tide of a fight turn as I give my team such a ridiculous advantage with the amount of effective health they have thanks to me. I also love the feeling (and the praise) I get when I punt someone out of danger and juuussst save them from what surely would have been their doom.

So please explain, why do so many people find it so much less satisfying bringing health bars up than they do tearing them down? As a healer main I just don’t get it. :/

In this game I suppose the merits of being a healer is that everybody else can spec far more offensively and use their blasts for might generation instead of healing. Having someone to heal the entire team lets everyone else focus on entirely on DPS. If healers turn out good, and needed, maybe that’d be the meta. One healer to allow everyone else to do their own thing.

Edit: It seems that my question isn’t coming through clearly. I’m not asking why people don’t like the Druid, or why people don’t go for healing in GW2 specifically. I want to know what it is about the healer playstyle that so many people don’t like in a lot of different games. When you say “I don’t like playing a healer” what don’t you like? Why isn’t it as fun as any other role to you personally? Hope this clears things up.

I think the main problem people have (not myself though, I am excited about a strong heal-oriented role) is that they are basing the druid play on currently available content and the small bit we know of the expansion. They fail to realize that if there was no role to fill, or no place in the game for druid healing, the devs would not have introduced it because it would just make their job harder. I forsee there being types of encounters coming where there will be unavoidable hits that are not OHKO’s (which imo are bad design anyway- reliance on one shots does not make an exciting encounter at all) and a strong healing class will help bridge the gap left after damage mitigation cannot stop the hits. They also fail to realize druid is not a pure healer. Most of its attacks still do damage, and we have no stat combo in the game that is 100% heal oriented. they all still contain some damage modifier. Now I can still understand why some people feel a little sore about so much healing. On paper it might seem that more control effects and damage mitigation would fit a support specialization better, but there are far too many control and mitigation options already, and not enough strong heals to fill that gap where mitigation cannot help you. This is the scope everyone is failing to see. And I understand too, not many people want a healing role. Even in games where you have a trinity not everyone likes healing. That’s fine, but since this specialization offers mostly heal support, if that is not to your taste, do not take it. This will not be the last specialization druid offers. It’s also not the only build you can make with druid either.

tl;dr Not everyone likes healing. This is not something new. Players feel shoehorned into healing with druid, which is not true. Druid has other builds. They fail to see the scope of why healing will be needed and only think “zomg why do we have a trinity system now”, which also is not true.

I agree. also not sure what amulet they were using in that conference demo because solar beam seemed to hit like a truck.

in Ranger

anduriell.6280

I was replying someone discussing the thematics, not the mechanics. So what about quoting someone who can be bothered with your pile of complaints, because at the moment I can’t.

They mentioned potentially adding damage to the heal skills. And we got a beta which after you can tell Anet exactly how one-sided you feel the druid is.

I like the way you shut down when someone tells you some facts you don’t like.

Don’t get me started in having just ONE beta to make the adjustments to this class, while even the reaper that was introduced the first is still fine tuning. Even now we yet have to see any post of Irenio regarding the feedback about the druid, even if it’s only to say hey guys we have read your suggestions and are thinking about them even if it’s just to calm the mob.

So yes i foresee most of the white knights here turning to reapers after testing the druid. And the people that like to play with the ranger will be still locked out from every single game mode except open world PvE.

But this time we could say the culprits are the ranger Dev for not to communicate.

I TOLD YOU SO

in Ranger

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

I agree. also not sure what amulet they were using in that conference demo because solar beam seemed to hit like a truck.

It was probably either an assassin or zerk amulet judging by how often he was criting on targets.

It wasn’t any amulet with healing power as they specify the healing shown as the baseline amounts.

They also fail to realize druid is not a pure healer. Most of its attacks still do damage, and we have no stat combo in the game that is 100% heal oriented. they all still contain some damage modifier

Nomad’s is Toughness Healing/Vitality. Clerics would still be better for a pure healer and Zealots for a hybrid but there is a set for a total passive build.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

(edited by Substance E.4852)

in Ranger

Posted by: Star Ace.5207

Star Ace.5207

The biggest problem with being just a healer is that you don’t get any credit. You can heal those around you for an entire fight but just get the bronze credit because you caused little damage. Perhaps Anet will change that in HoT, although we haven’t heard anything to indicate that. But if they do, then healer may be worth while for some people, however I have absolutely no desire to be a healer. That is just boring.

That “support” characters never get proper credit for contributing outside damage is indeed horrible design, and I have thought as much since the first week of the game. Further, it forces on the community the idea that DPS is all that matters/is rewarded for PvE. Have no idea why they never fixed the way dynamic events rewards work, because I do deem it a problem, rather than a “feature” (if it’s “working as intended”, the intent is misjudged.)

in Ranger

Posted by: atheria.2837

atheria.2837

One word:

Loot

If you don’t do enough “damage”, healing gets you zip.

Not keeping all IT jobs here is a major reason IT is so bad HERE. 33y IT 10y IT Security

in Ranger

Nay of the Ether.8913

It was probably either an assassin or zerk amulet judging by how often he was criting on targets.

It wasn’t any amulet with healing power as they specify the healing shown as the baseline amounts.

They also fail to realize druid is not a pure healer. Most of its attacks still do damage, and we have no stat combo in the game that is 100% heal oriented. they all still contain some damage modifier

Nomad’s is Toughness Healing/Vitality. Clerics would still be better for a pure healer and Zealots for a hybrid but there is a set for a total passive build.

You’re right, I always forget about nomad’s but I doubt many people would run full nomads, prob more like a mix of nomads and clerics or nomads and apothecary, whichever way they choose to go. And I was under the impression from the video he wasn’t using any amulet at all, but I could be mistaken. I do know he said it was running no healing power whatsoever

in Ranger

Nay of the Ether.8913

One word:

Loot

If you don’t do enough “damage”, healing gets you zip.

well most of those skills had low or istant cast times, and the druid itself had plenty of aoe. The only time I see it being a problem is in open world blobs or wvw blobs, but honestly you can get zero loot on a zerk spec dps-heavy class as well. Usually the ones with the best aoe get the most tags (or a loot stick like guardian). So the problem lies not in a healer spec, but rather in loot tagging/distribution and that has been a problem since release.

in Ranger

Fashion Mage.3712

You have an entire trait line called nature magic and you summon elemental spirits as well as healing springs of water. you even call fourth vines from the ground to entangle foes and a skill called “Spirit of Nature”…… I truly hope you are just trolling me right now.

All of those things minus staff #4 are from the base ranger and not from the druid. 90% of what the druid does is light-elemental, which is -again- encroaching way too much into guardian territory.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Ranger

Lazze.9870

I like the way you shut down when someone tells you some facts you don’t like.

You’re not worth it, it’s that simple.

in Ranger

Posted by: Lord Trejgon.2809

Lord Trejgon.2809

All of those things minus staff #4 are from the base ranger and not from the druid. 90% of what the druid does is light-elemental, which is -again- encroaching way too much into guardian territory.

he was listing base ranger stuff to show how much druid has in common with its base profession – and vines from the ground was reference to entangle elite skill

also I haven’t seen a single blueaish light on presentation – only yellowish/whiteish…

and purely nature and non-controversial stuff of the druid?

staff 4, staff 5, efffects of the glyphs, gm trait that entangle guys you hit when they are cc’ed, condition cleansing “bloom” from avatar form

where controversial stuff are – sun ray, cosmic ray and whisps [a whole 2 or 3 skills about them]

btw on side note – geeeeze in a phew days if that anduriel guy won’t stop spreading his horrific visions trying to call them “realistic” he will end up as third person ever I put on ignore list on a forum – kind of achievement ya know……. like seriously did he ever said anything posotive in these forums? like ever?

also to the guy who said about rangers being loced out of any content beside open world PvE – dud I don;t knwo what game you play, where and when you play it – but for 3 years of my gameplay in gw2 as a ranger I have NEVER been denied to access ANY content in this game – at the beginning of fractals I was even running them with it and no one had any issue with that. no one ever blamed me for other guys mistakes and not even a once I was kicked from the party for being a ranger. [but in case of fractals later on I’ve put all my agony resistances to guard so when I go for fractals I grab the character that has said resistances :P]

you guys realy have to stop lockign yourselves into “optimal-meta-crap-box” of thinking and start noticing things out of said box – then you’ll notice how much things are actually not that bad……

“-Shield is meant to be broken!”
“-and on this occasion I keep mine plate armors”
discussion about offensive/deffensive playstyles

in Ranger

Fashion Mage.3712

also I haven’t seen a single blueaish light on presentation – only yellowish/whiteish…

You must not have seen the presentation then.

in Ranger

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Healers create a dilemma in any game in which the roles exists:

In order to make them a viable option you have to make them mandatory (because if you don’t need them, then it is ALWAYS better to replace them with more DPS). If you make them mandatory, then all the other specs will become unwanted (kind of like how it is right now since other classes do everything a ranger does but better).

With the addition of Druid one of two things will happen:
1. Every ranger will be forced to play as a Druid.
2. No ranger will be able to play a Druid.

In short, healing as a role breaks the game and should never, ever be used.

Server: Devona’s Rest

in Ranger

Posted by: Terra.8571

Terra.8571

In order to make them a viable option you have to make them mandatory (because if you don’t need them, then it is ALWAYS better to replace them with more DPS). If you make them mandatory, then all the other specs will become unwanted (kind of like how it is right now since other classes do everything a ranger does but better).

People often state this argument but fail to acknowledge this problem already exists now. Instead of “LF healer” tags, it’s “LF DPS”. You may argue that all classes can fill that role though, but again the most common message is: “LF Ele’s, War’s and Guardians”. You may see “LF Thief/ Stealth” sometimes too.

Rangers and necros particularly are already pushed into the background when it come to optimal runs. Can ranger’s, necros etc do these runs? Yes, but given an option, most parties would prefer class X was brought.

The issue that needs to be addressed is not making healer’s mandatory. It’s making it so at least 2-3 other classes can fill the role. Even if druid does it “best”, if the content CANNOT be completed without a druid, that is bad game design.

in Ranger

Posted by: Rutee.1058

Rutee.1058

Do you see now?

Are you a time traveler who has experienced HoT raids? This notwithstanding that NOTHING is actually necessary – if this is your argument, it’s asinine! Are you really going to tell me you’re bad enough at video games you NEED Icebow? Are you bad enough at video games that ONLY with the most broken skills you can advance?

I want to be clear here – I may not mind healing, but I am skeptical of the skills being like 80% heals by volume. But I’m also not going to pretend I’m prescient – I don’t know how much healing and defensive support will be necessary. It’s possible that all that healing (and little other offensive or defensive support) is there because without the defensive support, the raw healing is necessary. I don’t know. You don’t either.

(edited by Rutee.1058)

in Ranger

Posted by: TheFantasticGman.9451

TheFantasticGman.9451

People often state this argument but fail to acknowledge this problem already exists now. Instead of “LF healer” tags, it’s “LF DPS”. You may argue that all classes can fill that role though, but again the most common message is: “LF Ele’s, War’s and Guardians”. You may see “LF Thief/ Stealth” sometimes too.

Rangers and necros particularly are already pushed into the background when it come to optimal runs. Can ranger’s, necros etc do these runs? Yes, but given an option, most parties would prefer class X was brought.

The issue that needs to be addressed is not making healer’s mandatory. It’s making it so at least 2-3 other classes can fill the role. Even if druid does it “best”, if the content CANNOT be completed without a druid, that is bad game design.

Lot harder to find a decent ranger than it is to find a decent warrior, guard, or ele… That’s part of the reason why you see those LFGs.

Speaking from a PVE-only point of view…