While new tequatl 1shot our pet

in Ranger

Posted by: kreios.7108

kreios.7108

I had some bad experience with liadri and some other content so I’m wondering XD

in Ranger

Posted by: Warzaw.2708

Warzaw.2708

I’d be amazed if our pet wasn’t one-shot.

BREAK YOURSELVES UPON MY BODY
FEEL THE STRENGTH OF THE EARTH
Vicodium – Ranger (IX) Coldsnap

in Ranger

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

It just makes me sad to come here.

All the events, and living story, the pet is totally useless, a total waste of space, in fact probably useless in any of the stuff ArenaNet are going to be adding in the future.

(I expect somebody will come along soon and say how wonderful their pet is, and how I should micro-manage it).

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Ranger

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I’d be amazed if the patch doesn’t make our weapons killable too.

in Ranger

Posted by: Solid Gold.9310

Solid Gold.9310

Don’t be daft, they are just making the bow out of 2 matchsticks and a rubber band……………

Jumping puzzles, love them or hate them, I hate them. Thread killer.

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

The supposed “shockwave” that you have to dodge via jumping / jump pads is worrisome. Pets obviously can’t jump, so they’ll be eating that every time.

Hppefully its at least not a literal insta-kill but just a powerful attack, though. That way a more defensive pet that isn’t already half dead or something should at least survive the attack. My pet is built very defensively and could survive the final boss battle of the Molten Facility just fine, for instance (I ran it a couple times on my Ranger, and each time my pet would go down maybe once or twice during the whole battle).

That said, I half expect it to be insta-kill to “force” players to dodge it or die, because apparently that’s what difficult is. Never mind the fact that with 80 players required, trying to time a jump over a shockwave is going to be pretty tough.

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

I laughed way harder than I should have

in Ranger

Posted by: Boomslang.4352

Boomslang.4352

Sorry but i was away for a few months. Is the tequatl 1 shot thing in the game yet? I fought him thrice sine i logged in and I never lost a pet yet (although I did die once because I got trapped inside the bone wall with that big fat risen).

Black Gate Altaholic.
level 80 × 8 = 0 gold

in Ranger

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Sorry but i was away for a few months. Is the tequatl 1 shot thing in the game yet? I fought him thrice sine i logged in and I never lost a pet yet (although I did die once because I got trapped inside the bone wall with that big fat risen).

No, the Tequatl revamp is going live next Tuesday

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

Well … with the leaked patch notes the pets/minions will get a 71% HP buff, that will make our pets way more tankier than many players, so probably the new shockwave will 1 hit kill players but not minions.

I know, it isn’t official patch note, but the last 3 leaked patches was all spot on, with little to no changes on release.

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Posted by: RyuDragnier.9476

RyuDragnier.9476

Link to the leaked patch notes, please~

[hS]
PvE Main – Zar Poisonclaw – Daredevil
WvW Main – Ghost Mistcaller – Herald

in Ranger

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

http://pastebin.com/sXHq6fZt

in Ranger

Posted by: Shiren.9532

Shiren.9532

Those nerfs to Healing Spring are both unnecessary and very damaging to ranger support in dungeon teams. The long duration water field and the ability to boost melee vigour was one of the best tools a ranger could bring to get players to want them in a party.

Rangers so starved of desirable support options, hitting two of their bigger ones in PvE (and WvW) is such a stupid move. It won’t kill rangers in dungeons but a ranger are just getting further away from that slot in the party.

My staff ele has so much complexity in the boons it offers, the utility it offers and the support it can provide (water fields, blast finishers, control skills, condition removal) it was really nice for the ranger to boast the longest lasting water field in the game and be able to trait for vigour to prove that small bonus to the party to make the warriors happy the ranger dropped it. That really sucks if it makes it through.

Water fields are central to how the WvW meta works, zerg combat revolves around dropping water fields and using blast finishers. A 33% duration nerf to the best tool rangers brought to the WvW meta is going to lead to even more rangers desperately searching for a way to contribute to their server and coming up a full 5 seconds shorter.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

in Ranger

Posted by: Soilder.3607

Soilder.3607

Those nerfs to Healing Spring are both unnecessary and very damaging to ranger support in dungeon teams. The long duration water field and the ability to boost melee vigour was one of the best tools a ranger could bring to get players to want them in a party.

Rangers so starved of desirable support options, hitting two of their bigger ones in PvE (and WvW) is such a stupid move. It won’t kill rangers in dungeons but a ranger are just getting further away from that slot in the party.

My staff ele has so much complexity in the boons it offers, the utility it offers and the support it can provide (water fields, blast finishers, control skills, condition removal) it was really nice for the ranger to boast the longest lasting water field in the game and be able to trait for vigour to prove that small bonus to the party to make the warriors happy the ranger dropped it. That really sucks if it makes it through.

Water fields are central to how the WvW meta works, zerg combat revolves around dropping water fields and using blast finishers. A 33% duration nerf to the best tool rangers brought to the WvW meta is going to lead to even more rangers desperately searching for a way to contribute to their server and coming up a full 5 seconds shorter.

I absolutely agree with you. You’ve no idea how frustrated I’ll be if this change comes true. I mean I literally cannot comprehend the logic behind this change. Our waterfield was literally the best thing our class has to offer, if not then maybe perma fury. We are seriously the most underpowered class in pve and wvw and yet they decide to Nerf our only unique advantage in the game.

I’m just very upset right now, maybe a little too upset…

Stormbluff Isle

in Ranger

Posted by: SynfulChaot.3169

SynfulChaot.3169

The duration of the water field was long. The heal will be the same, as will the regen and the condi clearing. Just the duration will decrease. Please note that Healing Spring, even after the possible change, will still be the longest duration water field in the game. A 1/3 reduction in duration and it will still be the longest duration water field.

Now the nerf to melee vigor is a bit much, unless of course the duration of the the vigor provided by the trait is increased. If it isn’t then I predict that that trait will become unused, like most ranger traits are.

Tarnished Coast – Wayfarer’s Accord [Way]
Main: Caeimhe – Sylvari Ranger
Alts: Charr Guardian, Asura Elementalist, Human Thief, Norn Necromancer

in Ranger

Posted by: kreios.7108

kreios.7108

Question is I have a way to play fully new content or not. I’m not a war with a bow. And I hope for those patch notes to be fake

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

Question is I have a way to play fully new content or not. I’m not a war with a bow. And I hope for those patch notes to be fake

I’m nearly 100% sure that they are accurate for three seperate reasons.

in Ranger

Shiren.9532

The duration of the water field was long. The heal will be the same, as will the regen and the condi clearing. Just the duration will decrease. Please note that Healing Spring, even after the possible change, will still be the longest duration water field in the game. A 1/3 reduction in duration and it will still be the longest duration water field.

Now the nerf to melee vigor is a bit much, unless of course the duration of the the vigor provided by the trait is increased. If it isn’t then I predict that that trait will become unused, like most ranger traits are.

It’s the longest duration water field in the game now and it’s still not enough to make rangers stand out when water fields are asked for. The WvW meta is still favouring eles for water fields over rangers (they aren’t rejecting rangers, but they’d favour them over rangers) because overall an ele will offer a lot more than the ranger does. The decreased duration (a full 5 seconds is massive) is going to hurt a lot and it’s already not in a great place. It doesn’t matter that it retains the title of the longest water field in the game, it’s significantly less potent after this nerf and the overall tool box of a ranger doesn’t fill out the power level unlike what an elementalist can bring. It’s just another thing ranger players can feel kittenty about because they are contributing less and less.

I pretty much agree about the vigour trait. It’s only really used with the Healing Spring combo and nerfing it is hitting at one of the few powerful support options rangers have in PvE and WvW. The extra vigour certainly doesn’t break anything in WvW or PvE but it does add a layer of complexity to build options and small scale combat where you can help out your party and choose to fight inside the field to reap the benefits.

Ranger support options tied to health bars (yay 71% of 5 seconds being alive is a few more seconds my spirit isn’t useless compared a warrior banner or guardian shouts which will never be hard countered by a zerg or dungeon boss) so aside from Healing Spring rangers are becoming more marginalised in how they can help groups, and outside of sPvP their support options were already some of the worst in the game.

Protection on dodge roll is ironically going to be worse for pet survivability. Previously you could sometimes pseudo evade a boss AoE on a pet with this trait. The protection sometimes kept the pet alive when the AoE landed (during the evade). Now that pets will receive protection after the evade (after the AoE lands, unless you time your evasion wrong) the pet will more than likely be dead. It wasn’t really that big of a deal (33% damage reduction rarely kept the pet alive from a must-evade boss ability) but it’s just another incidental nerf to ranger gameplay.

It’s just another case of sPvP balance destroying the experience of the ranger in every other format.

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

— snip —

If we weren’t wanted for support before, then does it matter that we still wouldn’t be if those changes get implemented? Don’t get me wrong. I don’t like the (potential) change on the vigour. But I completely understand and agree with the (potential) change on Healing Spring. It is, without a doubt IMHO, the most powerful heal in the game. If they gave it to guardians or eles people would have called OP months ago. It’s only that it’s on the ranger that has allowed it to remain unscathed for so long. And even after the (possible) nerf, it’s still just as effective at healing and condi clearing as it was before.

I think the reason people prefer eles for the water fields is that eles can drop them at range. Rangers gotta be at point to drop the field. That, I think, is why the ele is preferred. Well, that and that the ele can provide a lot more support than the ranger can in addition to the water field.

I think it’s too early to predict how the (possible, mind you) health increasing of spirits and pets will affect the ranger in PvE and WvW. I think we’ll need to see how it increases viability around AoEs and if it will even affect the ranger’s ‘minions’ in WvW at all.

And I wholeheartedly agree with the (potential) prot on dodge change. Remember that it applies the prot to us as well, so most of that prot was wasted during our dodge leaving us with less than a second of usable protection. If we want it to help our pet, then we need to dodge a tad bit earlier now. So I don’t see that one as a nerf, but as a buff.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chopps.5047

Chopps.5047

I called the healing spring duration being shortened after the blast finish being added. Everyone said I was crazy.

I’ll keep the blast finish. I think this patch isn’t as bad as people make it out to be but, hey, perception is just that. Everyone will always see a ranger patch and think it means “nerf”. That being said, you’re probably not in your healing spring for 15s, but others are. Hopefully they make it bigger to compensate.

Tin Foil Hat Hearer »—> Ranger Extraordinaire »—> “Be like water…”

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

I think the (potential) changes in these (unconfirmed) patch notes are a pretty large net gain for the ranger in PvE. I hope (and believe near 100%) that they are and that I’ll feel like I’m contributing more soon.

in Ranger

Shiren.9532

Being the most powerful heal in the game (I disagree) isn’t looking at the full picture. As you said, it depends on which class it’s on. The tool box of a ranger to support their party is incredibly small, this one tool (vigour applying, long duration water field that cleanses conditions) was pulling the weight of the rest of the ranger’s support options.

It matters that the support viablity of a ranger is less after this because dungeons are very much about support, even if you’re not the best class at it, you always want to have something your party wants. I play dungeons on every class in the game and I love pulling out a skill that I know that class has that really helps out the rest of my party. On a mesmer it’s reflections (focus skills, feedback) and condition removal (sometimes pulls), on a guardian it’s reflections, boons galore and especially aegis and stability. On my staff ele I can provide combo fields, control fields, blast finishers, low cooldown condition removal, two water fields and Glyph of Storms in earth attunement is an incredibly long AoE blind skill. My ranger was struggling very hard to keep up with what other classes can provide the group, all while struggling with the worst implemented class mechanic in the game for WvW and PvE. I can provide AoE fury (a desirable boon) and most importantly, a long duration water field and condition cleanser. During fights like the Nightmare Wurm in TA, the Spider Queen in AC or the Effigy in CoF I would drop Healing Spring knowing that the condition cleansing would help keep poison, weakness or burning off of my party and boost vigour for 15 seconds. This helped make up for the fact that the ranger provides very little else my party wanted. Five seconds less of condition cleansing means the conditions that are applied after the first 10 seconds are now going to be missed. In sPvP you might want to cleanse several conditions in a shorter duration, but in PvE you usually only need to cleanse one condition repeatedly. Mobs don’t stack condition on you like a necro or perplexity engineer, they usually have one or two conditions only one of which you are worried about.

In WvW the ability to drop the water field at range doesn’t really matter. If your zerg formation is tight the ranger should be stacked up with everyone else. Dropping it your location is where it should be dropped. Eles are more desired because all their other tools are better, and that’s why the power level of this support tool is justified (and most of the power from its duration is stuff that won’t matter in sPvP). Because the heal is on a ranger, it’s not OP.

When it comes to PvE you don’t build to support, you build to kill. It’s the utility you can provide after that (feedback, wall of reflection, aegis, banners) while still running a berzerker build, that’s the stuff that matters in PvE. You don’t need to build to make Healing Spring useful (aside from 10 points in Wilderness Survival if you really want the vigour – unecessary though) it’s good without healing power.

(edited by Shiren.9532)

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

Support viability of ranger would actually be greater in PvE now if these unconfirmed changes were to occur. Yes, we’ll lose 5 seconds of a water field. We still will have the water field up 1/3 of the time if we do it right. And don’t forget the unconfirmed, and quite large, health increase on spirits and pets. That should do wonders for us. It should allow us to run a greater variety of pets, like the ones that do more damage. It should also allow our spirits to live and provide their significant benefits for longer.

Allowing us to run cats without points in Beast Master without the risk of constant insta-death? Allowing us to run spirits to boost the party damage output without losing the spirits instantly? Those are both supporting and building to kill. Perfect for PvE.

Now in WvW and PvP, I don’t know. I don’t play those much or at all respectively. But for PvE, this is only good.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

The fact that stun breaks activate on KB is a pretty big blow to point blank shot, isn’kitten Longbow might be a little worse after this. Kind if random: Does signet of renewal break stun on spirits?

I only see 70% more health on spirits and pets mattering in wvw. If yoy play a dungeon right, you should be stacking so many boons that stuff dies before the spirit. It’s not going to stop a 1 shot in fractals from the boss after cast. I can live without companion’s defense in PvE: that’s overated. I take natural vigor and am smart with pet. In some fights though it just dies. I’m not sure that issue will ever go away.

I mean, I could build survivability into the pet but that’s inefficient. All I can do is stack companion’s might and hope it does something. I mean, moa isn’t bad for fury and healing. But really it’s not an issue so long as the team doesn’t completely suck. Unfortunately, few pve PUGS can even blast a field. All they can do is drop banners apparently.

(edited by Chopps.5047)

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

I only see 70% more health on spirits and pets mattering in wvw. If yoy play a dungeon right, you should be stacking so many boons that stuff dies before the spirit. It’s not going to stop a 1 shot in fractals from the boss after cast. I can live without companion’s defense in PvE: that’s overated. I take natural vigor and am smart with pet. In some fights though it just dies. I’m not sure that issue will ever go away.

Nah. It’ll be important in PvE dungeons as well. Not all parties are guilds and min-maxed. Most PUGs don’t have that kind of party comp that will down bosses in seconds. So for a majority of non-guilded dungeon runners, or ones who can’t rely on their guilds (like small or RP guilds), that potential extra health for spirits will work miracles. That potential extra health will also allow more rangers to run the squishier, more DPS heavy pets. Meaning an increase in our effective DPS.

As for Companion’s Defense? Quite useful to try to help your pet. And to help yourself, as well. And it doesn’t even take a major slot, so any buff to that is good.

I mean, I could build survivability into the pet but that’s inefficient. All I can do is stack companion’s might and hope it does something. I mean, moa isn’t bad for fury and healing. But really it’s not an issue so long as the team doesn’t completely suck. Unfortunately, few pve PUGS can even blast a field. All they can do is drop banners apparently.

Hopefully this unconfirmed (but highly likely, IMHO) change will help the appearance of the ranger and allow us to do better in dungeons.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

I dunno, complaints about dead pets in dungeons went away a while ago. Almost Everyone PUGs with guardians or warriors. I don’t think that’s ever going to change. Gie the pets 200% health and I don’t think people with change their minds. Pets will still die so easy. It’s already made up about ranger. Thats just my opinion after PUGing lots of dungeons. No one cares if I bring ranger but if you don’t have enough guardians in high level FOTM you really really struggle without VOIP so that’s another factor. Why? because, like I’ve said all along, AoE aegis + aoe stability (even short duration) + reflection is so OP it trivializes many encounters. (But guardian is well balanced! pfft its OP which is why everyone uses it duh!) They usually glitch too so many never learn what they needed to leveling or adjusted their gears so they hit a wall at 38+. This patch isn’t going to even approach changing that community mindset.

But I’ll take it for wvw lol. It really matters there and will make a difference.

(edited by Chopps.5047)

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Inb4 whirling defense comment: I know and I use it.

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

Eh. I’m referring mostly to explorable dungeon paths and levels 20 and below in FotM. I don’t bother with higher. And when pulling in people into a group, I’ll take anyone that wants to join. I don’t exclude based on class or gear. So yes, these potential changes will make a big difference for me. I’ll feel safe enough to bring a cat instead of my drakes and canines.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

You want a moa for fury. Most pugs dont bring fury. You want that fury its way more damage than a cat. Plus the moa heals at melee range. It’s a no brainer really c with companions might. I wouldnt take a cat or bird even with this 70% proposal. They’re poor choices. No blast, no buffs. Buffs/debuffs are the meta

Ranger brings group fury (again, many many pugs lack fury), frost spirit, and spotter which is just huge DPS along with what used to be easy to time blast finishes on water field. The drake wont proc nearly as much bc of course you can’t control that skill. So I dunno about cat or bird in dungeon. I used to advocate that a long time ago before I knew how good boons were.

(edited by Chopps.5047)

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

Eh. Maybe I’ll try a red moa. Maybe not. What guildies I do bring tend to bring enough fury, so it’s not an essential for me. Regardless, it will allow me to consider more pets as even moa’s are a bit on the squishy side right now.

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

Guild runs with fury? Well in that case go for it. I thought we were talking PUGs. I slum it man. All I do is PuG. Lol trust me I see some awful, terrible play, usually from people with bad builds, bad gear, poor understanding of game mechanics.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

They never did consider PvE in their changes , it is always an afterthought . Why would it be any different now ?

And do not say spirit HP buff , it does not matter , they will still be one shotted

in Ranger

Chopps.5047

They never did consider PvE in their changes , it is always an afterthought . Why would it be any different now ?

And do not say spirit HP buff , it does not matter , they will still be one shotted

Correction: knocked back then 1 shotted. But really spirit ranger isnt too bad in a zerg. Of course, the community hates it so it wont get played.

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

Guild runs with fury? Well in that case go for it. I thought we were talking PUGs. I slum it man. All I do is PuG. Lol trust me I see some awful, terrible play, usually from people with bad builds, bad gear, poor understanding of game mechanics.

Partial guild runs. Myself, one or two guildies, and two or three randoms. Lots of my guildies like boon stacking. So they often take care of the fury.

And yes, I’ve seen my fair share of terribad players as well. I think we all have.

Correction: knocked back then 1 shotted. But really spirit ranger isnt too bad in a zerg. Of course, the community hates it so it wont get played.

Community decided to hate on rangers long ago and they still haven’t gotten over that. Silly community.

in Ranger

Posted by: Searban.5984

Searban.5984

The potential increased hp pool of pets sounds nice, but keeps me wonder. A year has passed. Anet has claimed to work on the pets survivability issues, in the meantime they also claimed that they can’t go for a blanket AoE damage reduction and that simplest solutions are not the way to go, that they have to delve into pet AI and so on.

Now, if this potential change is that solution (I kind of hope there will be something more in October patches), then if it isn’t even simpler than AoE damage reduction, then I don’t know what is. Which leads me to 2 possible conclusions about how Anet worked on Ranger issues, and I don’t like any of them…

On another note:

Nature’s Voice: This trait no longer carries the effects of Evasive Purity as well as the on-shout swiftness and regeneration.

What is it supposed to do then, potentially?

in Ranger

Posted by: Hepatolith.6389

Hepatolith.6389

The potential increased hp pool of pets sounds nice, but keeps me wonder. A year has passed. Anet has claimed to work on the pets survivability issues, in the meantime they also claimed that they can’t go for a blanket AoE damage reduction and that simplest solutions are not the way to go, that they have to delve into pet AI and so on.

Now, if this potential change is that solution (I kind of hope there will be something more in October patches), then if it isn’t even simpler than AoE damage reduction, then I don’t know what is. Which leads me to 2 possible conclusions about how Anet worked on Ranger issues, and I don’t like any of them…

On another note:

Nature’s Voice: This trait no longer carries the effects of Evasive Purity as well as the on-shout swiftness and regeneration.

It just says that you wont have evasive purity and the on shout switness and regen but only on shout swiftness and regen.
And i dont think that the increased health for pets is their solution by any means…. i think this is just a start or at least i hope so

Cayline Oakheart, Ranger – Drakkar Lake
Covenant of Bloodthirst [IvsI],
Favorable Winds [Wind]

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

Just what it’s tooltip says it’s supposed to. Granting the on-shout swiftness and regeneration.

And i dont think that the increased health for pets is their solution by any means…. i think this is just a start or at least i hope so

Yeah. I think it’s just a start. Something to tide us over until the true pet fixes get found and implemented.

in Ranger

Posted by: Chokolata.1870

Chokolata.1870

does the increased hp for pets mean ranger pets too , or only spirits ?

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

does the increased hp for pets mean ranger pets too , or only spirits ?

I wholeheartedly believe that it does.

in Ranger

Posted by: Searban.5984

Searban.5984

Just what it’s tooltip says it’s supposed to. Granting the on-shout swiftness and regeneration.

Ah, right… I did read it wrong. My English gets surprisingly rusty at times, and it really shouldn’t…

Yeah. I think it’s just a start. Something to tide us over until the true pet fixes get found and implemented.

Frankly, if this is a simple temporary band-aid, we should have received it ages ago, seeing how long it takes them to fix those issues. But, well, better late than never.

in Ranger

SynfulChaot.3169

Frankly, if this is a simple temporary band-aid, we should have received it ages ago, seeing how long it takes them to fix those issues. But, well, better late than never.

Yeah. We should have, but prior to lately all class balance focus has been around PvP and PvP only. And in PvP pet health was not as much of an issue due to bunker/defensive builds being the ranger meta.

This potential change to focus a bit on PvE for class balance is a refreshing change. I welcome it gladly, regardless of how overdue it is.

in Ranger

Posted by: Kal Spiro.9745

Kal Spiro.9745

That HP buff is for minions. Do Pets count as minions?

Tarnished Coast Kal Spiro – Ranger (80), LB/S-D, Eagle/Wolf, Signet, M/S/WS #SABorRiot
|Daredevil|Ranger|Guardian|Scrapper|Necromancer|Berserker|Dragonhunter|Mesmer|Elementalist
|Deadeye|Warrior|Herald|Daredevil|Reaper|Spellbreaker

in Ranger

Posted by: Belzebu.3912

Belzebu.3912

That HP buff is for minions. Do Pets count as minions?

Yes

Charter Vanguard [CV] – HoD
Bardy Belzebuson – Ranger Sir Belzebu – Herald
(and the other 8 elite specs maxed too)

in Ranger

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Tequatl will likely 1 shot pets (he basically already does).

WvW leagues are starting with Thieves, Engineers, and Rangers in a position where they may as well not even report for duty. Thank god they’re adding bloodlust so roamers can do something productive!

I also wouldn’t expect pets to get that hp buff. Spirits probably would. Not pets.

in Ranger

Posted by: Ryan.9387

Ryan.9387

I’m pretty sure the healing spring nerf was to hit Rangers using monarchs leap twice in the field. The vigor nerf is also to hit people playing an evasion tank with vigor and healspring on point.

Ranger | Elementalist

in Ranger

Posted by: Clockwork Bard.3105

Clockwork Bard.3105

Oh, we’re not talking about tequila shots… awkward… I’ll just… yeah…

We’ll just have to see if a massive HP surge is incoming. I don’t think that would really address the matter so much as band-aid it. There are certain attacks meant to be dodged or you get gibbed. Rather than making minions nigh invincible, a system more focused on this mechanic would probably be more appropriate.

I’m reminded of the Dodge mechanic in Champions Online. Dodge as a passive defense was more effective against charged-up power attacks. The game was consciously aware of the difference between big, slow hits and quick, weak hits, and had a mechanic that scaled with them. The actual implementation wasn’t perfect, since it leaned heavy on RNG and partially trivialized the active blocking system, but it’s a general concept that might work better with minions. Make it so they can take the big hits without trivializing the attrition from normal attacks.

in Ranger

Posted by: ilr.9675

ilr.9675

This is a really solid argument.

I hope Anet hears it and explores other ways (LIKE TRAITS) to give us that 33% back if we were really counting on it. One example: Making the Boon Duration & Condition Modding stats also improve the duration of all Fields and Combo effects that we initiate. For example: I have to run both Torch, and fire-trap just to keep a Fireshield on myself even 66% of the time and I’m literally jumping through hoops just to get that much. Having to sacrifice too many of our Utility slots is a real problem and we need better build support and compression in this specific area.

If you’ve ever utilized an Ele’s Combos/Initiatiors for example, you notice instantly that their durations last almost twice as long as our’s do. That’s just not fair!

(edited by ilr.9675)

in Ranger

Posted by: ChillyChinaman.6057

ChillyChinaman.6057

WvW leagues are starting with Thieves, Engineers, and Rangers in a position where they may as well not even report for duty. Thank god they’re adding bloodlust so roamers can do something productive!

I also wouldn’t expect pets to get that hp buff. Spirits probably would. Not pets.

It’s kind of a shame that all the adventurers are garbage compared to the other classes. From previous updates that introduced gameplay mechanics, yes, it will most likely ohk pets and probably weaker players as well.

in Ranger

Posted by: Himei.5379

Himei.5379

No, he doesnt 1 shot them BUT they die very fast in that poison field, but so do players. He WILL 1 shot them now with the tidal wave. If its designed where the players will be dead/downed by the tidal wave, no way in hell will our pet survive unless we waste a Active Signet of Stone.

in Ranger

Posted by: GSSBlunaspike.4153

GSSBlunaspike.4153

And I wholeheartedly agree with the (potential) prot on dodge change. Remember that it applies the prot to us as well, so most of that prot was wasted during our dodge leaving us with less than a second of usable protection. If we want it to help our pet, then we need to dodge a tad bit earlier now. So I don’t see that one as a nerf, but as a buff.

What people don’t seem to get was that the protection was more for the pet than the ranger. The pet is incapable of dodging. So I would dodge when something big was about to happen. I avoid all damage and hopefully keep my pet up. Now if I dodge early just to get protection sure it works for the pet, but now I’m also taking damage.